Have a couple of questions

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Have a couple of questions

Post by Guest »

Hi, I really enjoyed reading about Trothgard and I want to start there. I have a couple of questions regarding the area. I'm a little undecided on a character concept I want to start with. I'm looking more into going with an ancient amazon type of character or maybe even a shieldmaiden concept. I've also toyed with either making more of a magic type of character like a priest or something.

I guess I would like a little advice on the skills I would need to take for this type of setting. I couldn't see taking literacy as an every day skill that would something that would be reserved for more of priest like ability. Also, how would a sorcerer fit in this type of setting? Oh, I look forward to writing with you all!
Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

Hi Brynhilla,

As the Coordinator and Mod of Trothgard, I thought I'd jump in here.

You've hit the nail on the head as far as the amazon / warrior type or shieldmaiden concept. Both are quite appropriate and work very well in the setting of the north. Obviously combat skills would be beneficial, but I would mix in survival and some kind of craft that aligns with one of the Clans. It can all be built into the background of the character's history.

Literacy is all but unknown. Trothgard has no books, and only an oral tradition when it comes to history. Outsiders have brought in a few books here and there, but natives simply have no use for it.

Sorcery is a different animal. Most of the magic users in the north are acolytes of the Ice Queen, and use more priestly types of faith magic. There are plenty of those already there, so there are those to learn from.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask questions here, or PM me for more details if you need anything further!

V.

Return to “Questions & Answers”