Evening Enterprise [Chyril 22nd]

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Evening Enterprise [Chyril 22nd]

Post by Guest »

The bodice, Poe had decided, was cramping her style. Normally she chose more work suited clothes; trousers, a vest, and some comfortable shoes. She already looked like a boy, so when she dressed as a woman it just made her lack of femininity that much more noticeable. The nasty little contraption was stained in several places with substances she cared not to consider, and it was slick against her skin with residue of the previous wearer's sweat. She hiked it up again over her small breasts and glanced over at the former owner, appraising her as she floundered in an early customer's lap. No, she really didn't want to think about those stains.

The pair sparked a small constriction in her stomach that for once wasn’t hunger. Would she be expected to act like that? Or even, to follow up on the unspoken promises that many of the barmaids seemed to exude? Repeatedly she had been assured that the easiest way to a man’s purse is through his trousers. And she was certainly no delicate flower; she had steeled herself for such an occasion for weeks. Then why the sudden cramp? Perhaps it was the bodice.

She kept her trepidations to herself, not wanting to appear ungrateful. The other girls, employees of the Seamonster and members of their modest ring of pick-pockets, had worked hard to get her a job here. Located in the slums of the Knot, her place of previous employment had hardly been a hot spot for the rich and stupid. The Seamonster, if not the most posh tavern in Dort, was at least popular.

Poe bit her lip and wrenched the slick stained thing up as she would adjust overlarge pants. Night was steadily approaching, and she knew that customers would soon be pouring through that rickety wooden door. And with them, opportunity.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

The funeral hit her heart hard. She had pints with her brothers before, and alcohol was no stranger to her. Thought she preferred mead over ale, she knew she was going to have to get some experience as a local sword arm in a place where there was trouble.

And where better to find trouble than at the Scandalous Seamonster?

Staffs were cheap enough that she could find another if it was stolen. Her chest was as flat as an ironing board, and could get away with being a younger male sword for hire. Particularly without her earrings as well as her face a little worn from hard work from working the cargo at her in-laws, she could pass for a male, since her voice was naturally lower anyway.

Besides, what woman wore armor?

To your right an ominous building appears and towers over the cramped alley you are walking down. Paint is crumbling off the walls. The building is colored with a sad red which has been washed out over the yahrens since the tavern was constructed. Its rickety wooden door hangs on one leather hinge, which still holds tight despite the number of creases and small tears that zigzag its surface.

There are several figures hidden in the obscuration from the construction. Among them are women on the brink of nudity just around the entrance to the building. These whores are draped in garments covering nothing more than absolutely necessary to cover their precious bodyparts.

Two or three salty seamen are also roaming about and staring hungrily at the prostitutes. A dirty sign above the door says: "The Sc nda ous Sea on ter". The unfriendly atmosphere is obvious and even the cityguard does not like to patrol there. A particular whore throws both insults after newcomers and offers the most pleasurable experience you have ever enjoyed for next to nothing. Five banners. She is draped in a short skirt and a dirty, red shirt. Her hair is untidy and tied in a undistinctly colorful ribbon. Blowing kisses, she is quickly dragged into a corner by one of the seamen.

A pair of bouncers is stationed outside The Scandalous Seamonster. Balder and John. Their job is to keep the scum on the outside and let the respectable crowd enter freely. A few coins exchanges hands. A small group of seamen with a company of women passes to the inside.

Balder (the apparantly mute bouncer) hrumphs loudly at the sight of you and his partner John opens the conversation with you. "Wha' can I do fer ye, mate? A hookr perhaps? There're more than these women on se inside. Or ale? Tha's inside too!"

"An ale, mate. The local funerals' got me itchin' for a pint. If you all need me to leave the stick with you and yer friend, I'll oblige. Jus' need to forget the world a bit an' I heard your all's ale got a nice bite. Also looking fer a job to get my fighting skills ta par. Be needin' another bouncer?"

Post by Guest »

Balder's hrumph meant only one thing: a customer. Poe jumped at the sound of it, knocking over the empty glass she had been fidgeting with. All the other barmaids were now busy with other tables, other men. She had no excuse to pass off the next customer on another girl. This one was hers, and hers alone.

She smoothed her skirt and ran her tongue several times over her front teeth. Clean? They'll have to do. Bodice? Foully stained, but it's the Scandalous Seamonster for heaven's sake. Skirt? Smooth. Sort of. Wait, why am I giving a damn about what some drunken cretin thinks of me? A whore is a whore! Be the whore. Feel it. I can do this.

So, mustering all her meager sex appeal, she sauntered closer to the wooden door with hands on her hips. Then with a furtive glance around to see no one watching her, she stood on her tiptoes and tried to catch a glimpse of her first victim of attempted seduction.
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

The figure was in armor, not bad looking, though the bridge of the nose had obviously seen some busting in the past. The scale armor had seen some combat, but was well taken care of. The figure had a tan and some fussed sandy blonde hair which reached to the shoulders, but wasn't considered long.

Not a prince, but a hell of a lot better than the average sea dog. As the baudy whore at the window was dragged off, the armored one shook "his" head. Five banner? Gods, some of these women were desperate. That was almost as much as the earrings she didn't wear. Who knew what pickpockets there were around here? She only brought about two lance for ale and tips. If the whores were that cheap, she had a feeling the ale wouldn't be all that expensive... though good luck trying to figure out where the money pouch was.

Bernice understood that some women had nothing left but their bodies. They had to work hard to make ends meet. Better than thievery, she thought, but there was so much more that they could turn to.
Last edited by Bernice Potts on Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Alright, not bad at all. A little on the small side, but if worse comes to worst then I might have a better chance of taking him. Then again, the small men are always the angriest... must be a testosterone thing. What's the word? Right, compensation. Oh, and he's got a staff with him too! That bodes ill for cock size... If only I could get a better look!

The top of the wooden door was just too high for her to see over. After another glance around to find all the barmaids suitably occupied, she placed her hands on the table and vaulted up to get a better look.

One, two, three jumps. She didn't notice but she was attracting attention as she bounced up and down in place, trying to see over the wooden door. She was attracting attention by then, as puzzled drunks and whores looked up to see a barmaid jumping up and down for no apparent reason. But she was engrossed in her task. I dont' see an apparent purse... he must be the cautious type! Hah! That won't stop --

At that point, the ancient table she was using to steady herself as she hopped decided to end its career at the Scandalous Seamonster. It had endured a few too many bar fights to allow this amateur trollop to continue her silly use of it. Suddenly it cracked down the weakest edge, sending Poe unceremoniously to the ground with an "AAAACK" that bounced from the walls and could be heard clearly from across the street.
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

Taking a look from John's side, she looked past him at the poor girl who crashed through the table. She visibly winced as the bar maid took a dive, but stayed where she was in the case she wasn't allowed in. What the heck was that lady doing, anyway?

"Oi, shit! Poor wench! Might wanna check on 'er! The scallywags might be wantin' some free peepin under 'er skirt after that one."
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

[hr]Fortunately for Laziridis, her spill from the table did little more than give her a nasty bruise on the bottom, and she was immediately surrounded by fussing barmaids before anyone could get a decent look at it. Strong, bony hands, weathered by years of hard labour, helped her up and assisted her in rearranging her hair and clothes.

"Wot you reckon you're doin', horsin' around like that for?" a blonde, curly-haired waitress hissed at Poe. The pretty, flirtatious smile that Precious so often aimed at customers was nowhere in evidence at this moment. "We got a scam to be runnin'!" she reminded her. "So. Wot's the plan fer t'night?"[/hr]

[hr]"They c'n look all they like, mate, ain't nuthin' t' see there!" The bouncer named John slapped his partner's back and laughed loudly at his own wit.

"Bouncer, maybe," he continued, returning to Bernice's previous question. "Y'ed best speak wiv Shrubin behind the bar 'bout tha'. But if yer out of luck, the Eventree Cartel an' the Wa'er Stree' Gang 're always lookin' t' hire. Stick around and one of 'em's bound ta turn up sooner or la'er."

Then he kicked open the door, granting the young woman entrance, stick and all.[/hr]
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

"Aye, thank ye, mate!" Bernice said, nodding to John.

Enough chaos to get her fighting, but not enough to get her involved in the gang wars. She chuckled at the scene with the barmaids for a moment, leaning against her quarterstaff. Looking at Poe, Bernice raised an eyebrow. It was really hard to tell what this 'man' was packing between the legs through the Jazeraint she was wearing. Upon closer inspection, the figure was slim and a little shorter, but she had likely seen other males be a lot smaller. The shoulders were a little wide for her frame, but that was likely from lifting.

Unlike most sailors who would be laughing their heads off, she remained politely amused.

"You alright, ma'm?"
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

OOC: Seeing as Laziridis has gone MIA, we'll push on.

Precious' dainty, curly head whipped around at the interruption, then she shot a sharp look at the other barmaids (who quickly hustled Laziridis into a quieter corner to talk) before turning back to Bernice with a suddenly sweet smile on her face. "Well aren't you th' right gentryman? She'll be right, love, we'll see to it. Now 'ow 'bout you? Can I get you anythin'?"
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim left on the “hunt” for Jubal as quickly as possible. The buckles of his boot made a slight clinking sound with each step he took. He walked through an alley keeping his eyes open for any potential trouble for he had some knowledge of the seedier side of the Citadel and he figured that here the levels of danger would be no different, “Places like this bring back memories…” He walked through the alleyway and came to the Seamonster, for a short while he stood there with his mouth ajar; the achadhiel was slightly shocked as to state of the building “It looks far worse than I imagined it to be!!”

The sad red coloring of the building, the rickety wooden door and the crumbling paint defiantly added to his shock, he had imagined that the
place would be somewhat decrepit but not to the extent he was seeing, “Oh well….” The atmosphere around the area was distinctly unfriendly but that wasn’t something that frightened Reim for he was confident in his ability to defend himself from any threat thrown his way.

He ignored the whores who both threw insults at him and offered him a wild time for he had work to do and none of them really took his fancy, “…Well I suppose you can’t have anything and I suppose that’s what you get for having as wild an imagination as I do…” Nothing ever lived up to Reims imaginings but it was of the childlike qualities that he possessed. He came to the door and stared at the two bouncers standing at the door, his shocking blue eyes stared directly into theirs,

"Wha' can I do fer ye, mate? A hookr perhaps? There're more than these women on se inside. Or ale? Tha's inside too!"

“Some ale… and I’m looking for a friend who told me to meet him here…”
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

"Well don't let us stop ye."

On the inside, The Scandalous Seamonster did not differ much from the outside. The taproom was dark and filled with white coils of smoke emitted from numerous pipes of old sea wolves and from the long, thin cigarettes of the girls. The scent of sweat and alcohol was heavy and mixed with herbs and fish and meat. The noise which hit Reim upon entering almost threw newcomers back into the street along with the unwelcome and fighting guests.

Hefty wooden tables were scattered haphazardly over the sand-packed floor. Most of the tables were occupied, some by hordes of seamen just on the border of drunkedness, others by pairs of sullen individuals that kept their faces half-hidden and conversed in whispers. Looking around further, Reim noticed that a few of the girls were finishing up with some sort of secret women's business in one of the corners. As he watched they split up and attended back to their bar-room duties. "Find yourself a booth and I'll be right with you, beautiful!" one of them called out to him.

Only one young man looked out of place in this whole scene. Although it was clear that he had seen some action in his life - his nose was broken and he was clad in scale mail armour - he was clean and well shaven and the busty blonde barmaid he was talking to seemed quite taken with him.
Last edited by Turi on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

Gentryman? Ha! They had to be ribbing her! Putting a smirk on her face from the joke, which could be taken as 'him' smirking at the entire situation. She nodded to the barmaid, oblivious to the fact that she was flirting with her.

"Just an ale fer now. Heard you got some of the good stuff 'round here."

"He" looked for an empty seat and table to kick "his" heels back on. Keeping a quiet ear out, Bernice decided to listen in on the surrounding conversations while waiting for the ale. This entire place looked desperate, and Bernice was having second thoughts about working here. When Precious got the ale over to Bernice, she smiled and relaxed a bit.

"Thank ye. Rough place this is... 'ow do you girls keep from gettin' 'urt around here? You girls got te' be tough as nails te' put up with blokes like us."

She kept the joke running about her being a guy, having heard it before. Of course, it could be misinterpreted as him ribbing himself in order to flirt. A kind-hearted young scrapper with a slight streak of mischief... which was what Bernice was... only female.
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim’s nose wrinkled slightly as the odd mixture of smells from the tavern wafted up his nose. He could’ve sworn he could taste the sweat of several men and the tongue numbing, ash like smell of smoke in his mouth. The thought didn’t bear thinking about as he didn’t feel like throwing up at the entrance to the tavern which would make him appear like a lightweight who didn’t belong in such a place. The call of the whore fell on his ears but warranted little action or attention. His shocking blue eyes scanned the room for someone who possibly looked as though they were waiting for a message but to Reim each man looked as greasy and rough as the next one except for one in particular. He looked at the man in the scalemail for a flicker,

“Look at him go...seems to have a way with the women. But for someone hanging around in here he looks a little.. clean...then again I probably do as well…”

Reim figured that he couldn’t be Nestor especially if he was dealing with people from the Water Street Gang, “No…can’t be.” If anything Reim’s imaging’s of what Nestor looked like were in heavy contrast to that of the clean shaven fellow. He imagined Nestor to be somewhat similar to the rough lot of men around him but at the same time have some sort of stylishness or flashiness about him be it in the way he dressed or the way he acted. He approached the bar and lent over to the barman, “I’m looking for Nestor Granger…I’ve been told to deliver a message…” Reim thought that the way he was speaking secretly must’ve seemed odd but upon further inspection of the tavern numerous men appeared to be doing it, “…Maybe fitting in won’t be as hard as I thought…”
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Oh, its not so bad really." Precious smiled at Bernice as she passed the ale over. "We each got our favorites and they'll crack a few heads if we're treated wrong." She ran a finger along Bernice's arm. "You look like the kind that would come to a lady's rescue."

---

The barman shook his head at Reim. "He's not in yet, mate, but that's 'is table over there." He indicated an empty table off to the right with a jerk of his head. "Sit down and have a beer while you wait. This is a bar you know not an information desk."
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim looked at the barman with irritation slowly etching its way onto his face, he felt that there was no need for the barman to be so rude, “Then who else am supposed to ask?!...Twit…” He nodded at the notion of getting a beer and then went and sat down at the table that the barman had pointed out, he walked past Bernice’s table and accidentally trod on her foot. He turned to Bernice and nonchalantly yet politely apologized, “Ah, sorry about that, next time I’ll be more careful.” He sat down at Nestors table and waited quietly for his beer, “I really need to watch where I’m going…hopefully he’s not too annoyed that I stepped on his foot…”
Must be the pharisee in tune with his soul....
Group E
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

Bernice raised 'his' brows... she actually thought she was a guy? Well... maybe if she never bluntly said anything about it, she could have a little fun with it. Besides, it wouldn't do her good to have her family finding out she was looking for a job at a whore house. Berny smirked with a coy smirk.

"I would..." Bernice began, taking a swig of the ale. "That should be the way it is, too. What all do ye need te get rescued from?"

Looking down at "his" ale, he noticed that his foot was stepped on which surprised him. He didn't seem angry, but turned back to Precious with an even bigger smirk on his face.

"Rescued from clutzes, no doubt!"

'He' chuckled at the other man and briefly raised the pint to Reim, showing no hard feelings at the rib he made and shrugged.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Oh, aye." Precious chuckled. "And sometimes there are gents grabbing when ye don't want to be grabbed. It happens I swear." She chuckles. "Though that certainly wouldn't be a problem now." She smiled invitingly at Potts.

---

Reim didn't have to wait long for his beer to arrive the table nor did he have to wait long for his man to show up. Nestor Granger was the kind of man that tried to look richer than he was. His clothers were silk but three seasons ago and patched in places. His face still looked like the street thug he once was but his body was running to fat as befitting the merchant he wanted to be. He had a couple of bully boys behind him watching the crowd as they entered.

Nestor's eyes narrowed as he saw Reim sitting at his table and immediately strode on over. "You are sitting in my seat." He grumbled.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

Smirking at Precious, part of her couldn't believe she was getting hit on. The other part was strangely flattered and laughing her butt off on the inside.

"The 'cheeky' sort, eh?"

It was then she noticed the clutz with thugs at the table they sat at. Taking another swig of the ale, she silently nudged the stick closer to her just in case there would be another fight to break out. Keeping the smirk on her face, she moved her eyes in their direction in front of Precious as a silent hint that there may be trouble if the clutz wasn't smart.

"I didn't know I'd be gettin' goose with me ale. A lovely servin' of bird like that isn't something you should be giving away."

Appearing to reach into the chest of the scale mail to get the coin, she took it out a banner from her arm guard. Hey, this was entertainment to her! Precious deserved to get paid for a little mischief. Playing around would be a good cover in case things got out of hand and Berny could pull her out of the way if things got rough if she was close.
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

The young achadhiel raised his own pint to the man whose foot he had just trodden on. Luckily the man was in good spirits and seemed to a fairly warm gentleman, “If that had been someone else I’m sure that there would have been trouble”.

"You are sitting in my seat."

Reim turned and looked at the grump of a man who was attempting to muscle Reim out of his seat, “This must be Granger…” Reim stood up beside Nestor making sure that the message could only be heard by him and none of the other patrons, “Claudio told me to tell you that Ainslie’s got a cargo waiting for you at the three foxes pier. It’ll be ready by midnight…” He moved to another seat on table and then looked at Granger with a certain sense of mischief in his eyes, “Sorry for sitting in your seat…sir” he said with undertones of mock. Reim was doing all this to remove any suspicion that he had any links with the man, to any patron watching he wanted it to look as though he was backing down from the man but with spite,

“This fatty is Granger?!!! Look at him…look at his clothes…he’s so…fat…”

To say that Reim was disappointed would be an understatement; he had imagined Nestor Granger to be man who was clean shaven yet had the eyes and the voice of a refined criminal. He had expected him to have an imposing figure with a subtle aura of criminal genius and intimidation with an attitude of sublime cockiness to match, yet all he got was a fat man with the face of a criminal and the clothes of some pretender, he even had his own team of street scum thugs which further ruined Reims image of the man as well. If anything Reim was expecting his imagined Nestor to either come in alone and have enough skill to win a fight or at least be able to cause a riot and escape unnoticed, have tough yet clean looking thugs who were well versed in different forms of fighing or even better have his men planted within the Sea Monster, this tubby grump had none of those, “I hope he tells me to leave or something…because I’m sure hunting for the assassin would be far more productive than sitting here with this dissapointment…why is it that no one ever seems to be the way I picture them in my head...” He sat there pouting and quickly gulped down his ale so he could leave quickly.
Group E
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Bernice

Precious laughed at Berny's joke and duly swept up the banner that 'he' offered. "Well you know how it is, sir. Its always a matter of give and take. It is always nice to find people in a giving mood. Thought if you wanted to take..." Precious drifted off in mid-flirt to look out at the door. "Oh, that can't be good."

Reim

No doubt Claudio would be disappointed in his choice of ally had he been there to listen. After all, there was no mention of Claudio's name in the original message and for good reason with Claudio a fugitive from the Water Street Gang. Nestor may not look like much but his mind was sharp and the story of the fight and the attack had already spread to his ears.

Granger took his seat and one of the bully boys took the one on Reim's other side. "So, old Claudio is using you as a messenger boy, eh? A lot of people would like to know where he is. We're talking coronets and crowns for that kind of information. We're talking knives and blood if Jubal knows you've heard from him and not from you. Makes you wonder what Claudio and Ainslie's offering for this little favor don't it?"

Granger looks over towards the door. "Friends of yours?" He asked. "Or would you be best slipping out the back?"

All

There a bit of grumble as the bouncers talked quick and low with a group of people outside of the doors. Then members of the Water Street Gang streamed into the tavern. Reim saw Dirty Bill among them. They were spreading out all over the bar clearly looking for something or someone.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

“Makes you wonder what Claudio and Ainslie's offering for this little favor don't it?"

Reim looked at the man, his face had a bland expression on it and he plainly answered, “The problem is…I don’t actually know…I may sound crazy but I think that even you are playing an extremely dangerous game and you don’t know all the players…” Reim was speaking about what had been on his mind the entire day, the assassin at the watermill, this whole issue with Golmarin; what if the Water Street Gang, the fatty next to him and even Claudio were messing with people with far more power than they had, what if someone was using the chaos that was ensuing as a cover for some other plan? To Reim it seemed perfectly feasible, “No point ruling out all the options…”

"Or would you be best slipping out the back?"

Reim pulled his hood up subtly, to say that he was not scared was an understatement for he no intentions of dying not until this scenario had been sorted out, “Pantheon…I know I ask a lot of you but please, make me the grey man that no one see’s…let me get out of this tavern without being spotted by the others, guide me to the assassin who I chased earlier…I’ll make it up to you…I suppose you should tell me what you’d want from me…” Reim prayed that prayer with his whole heart, he knew that the pantheon had been there for him since starting his journey and he hoped that they hadn’t abandoned him now in his time of need.

“I guess that’s me out the back door…at have a think about what I said…”

Reim stood and without appearing as though he was in a major hurry he made his way to the back where he proceeded to exit the tavern, “This is too much, I need to start looking for that assassin and I’m sure I’ll run into Claudio along the way…” Reim walked somewhat quickly away from the tavern, he didn’t want to be seen too close to the tavern and he didn’t want to stick around the area for too long for he had no one to back him up if he got into a scrape, “What a day…”

OOC: I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for my character :(
Group E
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

"Oh, I was going to take the goose, but-"

Interrupted in midsentence to 'his' own flirting his face darkened, knowing enough about the local scene to know that it was one of the gangs and they looked pissed.

"Blue nether!"

Leaning over to Precious, his brow furrowed, looking worried about her.

"If ye need a rescuing, lemme know. Know any of these blokes? They look like they're 'bout to tear the place to shreds!"
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Reim

Unfortunately for Reim, people slipping out the back door was exactly the kind of thing the gang members were looking for so his edging towards the back was swiftly noticed. Luckily for him it was Dirty Bill that clapped his shoulder and spun him around.

"Goin' somewhere?" He snarled then looked surprised when he recognized Reim. "Quick lad, we could use another pair o eyes. That bitch with the crossbow just dived in an upstairs window. We've got her now for sure if we lock this place down tight."

Potts

"They're all Water Street Gang, Jubal's men." Precious murmured back. "Look at them all. Someone must have really pissed Jubal off." Looking over the crowd, she waved to one. "Oy, Kras!" A thin wiry fellow in dark leathers peeled off towards the bar. "What's going on, luv?"

"Some bitch with a crossbow put a bolt into Jubal." He informed them. "200 crowns on her head and we just chased her down here. She hit a window on the second floor. Once we've got the reward we'll be back to spend it, don't you worry." He leaned over and swatted her rump familiarly. "Til then just sit tight." Kras swung his eyes over to Potts. "You're new here. Wouldn't be waiting for anybody, would you?" He accused.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

Overhearing the conversation, her eyes widened, not knowing that this place was going to be a beehive of trouble. A little bit here and there wasn't too bad, but with her family, getting into gang affairs wouldn't be good for them at all. Still, Bernice kept an honest cool about her.

"Friends call me Bern. I came 'ere for an ale, and lookin' inta a bouncer job, mate... I still got me siblings ta look after and gettin' inta gang business is a little more over me head than I'm willing ta wade in. You find whomever ya need ta find, mate. Doesn't settle well that someone mad enough ta stick a bolt in someone that prominent is 'round 'ere anyway. If she sticks a bolt in 'im, she'd stick a bolt in anybody!"

Bernice reached for the ale and took another swig. This was getting interesting... giving her name along with an explanation would further verify she wasn't with anyone. If she wanted to secretly help someone, she would have remained anonymous.
Reim Ceoruth
Civus

Post by Reim Ceoruth »

Reim braced himself for some sort of beat down but luckily for him the Pantheon came through for him, “Thank you…” He nodded at Bill and then proceeded to head upstairs,

“Alright, I’ll head up now”.

Inwardly he sighed in relief for he currently caught between two very powerful criminals and one false move could land him in trouble, “So far so good…” His hand hovered over the right side of his waist where his knife was, if he was attacked he hoped he could defend himself and hopefully capture the girl but then again she had managed to slip inside the Watermill and escape without too much trouble, what was to say that she hadn’t already changed her guise? "Focus Reim...Focus"
Group E

Return to “Dort Archive”