Sanctuary~Chyril 22nd GT (Vanir, Fia & Neit)

Moderator: Mods

Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Sanctuary~Chyril 22nd GT (Vanir, Fia & Neit)

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir led the two ladies towards the Temple of Pan, his home if he ever had one. He had stuck close to the alleys and tried to avoid any onlookers, having had his fill of excitement for one evening. The Temple had been quiet ever since the massacre of his people, yet in recent weeks it had begun to see life again. The priest paid little mind however if anyone within the Temple noticed him. He kept few secrets from his fellow panlings.

Vanir found an empty room, one of many these days, to lay Neit down in. He helped the large warrior onto the soft bed and smiled down at her. "Welcome to the Temple of Pan, Neit. This room is yours for as long as you have need of it. We should treat your wounds immediately and then you might want to rest. Try to save your strength for tomorrow and we can talk more then. My name is Vanir Alfheim and this is Fialessa, we are both priests here."

Vanir looked over at Fialessa and smiled sweetly. He was glad that he was not alone in the Temple and thought fondly of her. The pain from his own wound faded away as he stared at his companion and then back to the half-giantess. "We should probably remove your armor so we can see how badly you are hurt. Then we shall do our best to bandage you until morning, when one of our more skilled helpers can treat you properly." The adhiel turned over to Fialessa and spoke softly. "See if you can find some clean rags or sheets to use as bandages. We will need some water as well to clean the wound. It is about all I know to do."
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

Fia managed what she could to shoulder her own injury which she considered minor, and that of the bulk of the dizzy half-giantess as Vanir led them quietly and as quickly as they three could move through the streets of the Citadel.

When finally inside and settling the woozy Neit, she nodded after Vanir spoke to her, "alright, hmm... and I have some herbs that might be of use..." Fialessa gave her a quick look over, before heading off to retrieve some towling and bandage cloth. For she had some small skill in herbal remedies and thought also to retrieve some of the few bits of dried plant and such that she had if it might help.
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]

Post by Guest »

Neit listened to the words of the two priests. It was nice to have two such as them that she felt could be trusted and counted on when things got rough. It was a far cry from those that she happily left behind at the brothel.

She happily let her body rest in the comfortable bed, even though it was too short for her gigantic frame.

"I was shot twice...I can help to remove the armor." Her words were somewhat forced, and she was out of breath from the walk to the temple, from the wounds, and from the subsequent blood loss.

Though she offered to help remove the armor, truth was that she was probably far too weak at this point to even lift herself from the bed without significant help.

No protests were raised by her when the priests began to work on removing her armor, treating her wounds, and practicing their art of healing as they knew how.

She was simply grateful that for the first time in her life, strangers were being truly kind to her.

"Thank...you..."

The words slipped out in between periods of blackness. Her body was staying awake simply out of sheer willpower. It as not yet time for her to sleep...
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The temple was near abandoned, the doors bolted securely, but opening easily once unlocked. The fires from the still burning Banner reached high over the other roofs, lighting the night sky and casting a strange reddish glow to everything for miles around. Fire warning bells rang all over the city as men and women rushed towards the place carrying buckets, knowing that if the fire was not put out swiftly, it would spread all over the city.

Fialessa found that the ache in her ankle had faded away for the most part by the time they reached the temple, though it would continue to plague her for several more days until it was completely healed. Vanir was not so lucky. Untreated, his wound continued to bleed and by the time they reached the temple door his entire sleeve was soaked in blood. Though not enough to cause him to be lightheaded from the loss of blood, his arm felt slightly numb and cool from within. Neit was a much serious case. Where her efforts to free her hand wrenched the wound in her arm wider, it was the one in her thigh that posed the greatest danger. Each step was an exercise in resolve, every flicker a fight with the creeping darkness of oblivion. Until the arrow was removed there was no way to determine how much actual damage had been done, but it did not look either pretty or very promising. She needed help and needed it fast.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir knew that his wound would need treating and soon, but he wanted to take care of his new friend first. She had taken more damage than the stray arrow had caused him. Fialessa seemed to be moving well and quite willing to help. The priest nodded and smiled as she took off to gather supplies, but he needed to remove to the arrow before she returned.

Vanir loosened and removed what armor he could from Neit, trying make her more comfortable. He placed his hands upon her thigh and focused his thoughts. The adhiel tried to draw out calming energies from the Aether to wash over the giantess. He hoped she would be as receptive as Fauna had been, letting the energies soothe her mind and body.

Vanir studied the barbed arrow in her thigh carefully before attempting to move it. It was certain to rip flesh on the way out, yet he hoped to avoid any major injury to the bleeding woman. The simple words she spoke seemed to calm his own spirit as she thanked him for his kindness. The priest was always willing to show kindness, even to strangers, but so rarely was it actually appreciated. It created a determination to help her in any way he could manage.

Pan, hear my prayers and guide me in this dark tide. Guide my hands to heal this woman. Show me the way to save her from the pain inflicted upon her. The small prayer was offered up as he slowly tried to remove the arrow. He continued flow the aetheric energies over her, hoping it would be of some help. It was still uncertain how he could control such abilities, but knew his faith and spirit would be enough to hold it.

"Be strong, Neit. This may hurt."
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Post by Guest »

Neit offered no resistance to Vanir removing her armor. His words were strangely calming to the half-giantess, though it could have just been the blood loss that was making her relaxed and sleepy...

In response to his words about removing the arrow, Neit smiled.

"Vanir....liar...arrow....pain..."

Her words were much more forced than before. She was obviously close to unconsciousness, as her language was now slurred and broken.

Neit's eyes however did not lie. She appreciated the man's help. He came to her aid when no other was. He had risked his own safety to lend her a hand. She was in debt to him...and it would be repaid.
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Fialessa was glad when she’d reached her room and found the dried ground up calendula petals. Quick as she could she found the required toweling and sundries then bringing with her a bowl of clean water she went back to the room where Neit lay.

Her eyes widened slightly as she entered. Seeing Vanir removing the arrow from Neit was not the problem, rather her gaze had fallen on his blood soaked arm. Her fine eyebrows knitted together for the briefest of moments before she pushed that worry aside. The half-giantess’ wounds were more pressing. Quietly enough she made her way over and placed the bowl of water on the cupboard by the bed. Carefully she measured some of the powdered plant into the water and stirred it. The plant would help stop infection of the giantess’ wounds and speed its healing. That much at least she knew.

She would wait now, until Vanir was done so she could clean and dress the wounds. They were deep and might well require some sewing on them, but that was not something she was certain about. If they could staunch the bleeding and let the calendula work she might be fine till the morning. And perhaps the rest would be good for her.

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Away from the commotion and in the private sanctity of the Temple, Vanir found the much needed focus needed to summon Pam to him, his own pain dulling away as his hand closed on the arrow. With a sickening rip the barbed tip left the wound, blood almost audibly increasing its flow, warm, and bright red, gushing out in slow rhythm of half-giantess' heartbeat. A major blood vessel was injured and the wound was deep, though how deep was hard to see through all that blood. With neither him nor Fialessa knowledgeable in the art of healing, the proper treatment was anybody's guess, though whatever they did would have to be done fast and without delay. Fialessa's hands cleaned most of the blood away, revealing the whiteness of the bone deep within as well as a punctured blood vessel from which the blood flowed the most, creating a bizarre red fountain with each slowing heartbeat.

OOC: Neit, we shall have to keep this impassable for you. Just for now.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

As the arrow was ripped from her leg, Neit let out a scream that echoed through the entire building. The pain in her leg lanced through her body. Within a flicker, she became light headed, and the half-giantess knew that her life was ending.

The blackness that she fought so hard against was now overpowering in its force. The wound had not yet claimed her life, but it was close.

"Help.......me......."

The words were the last she spoke before she passed out. In her dreams she prayed to any that would listen. It was a generic prayer asking for help...asking for guidance to be given to the two that were attempting to save her life.

As she made her prayers in her mind, the two helping Neit could hear words being spoken by her. They were mostly unintelligible, though the occasional word could be understood. However, it was impossible to tell what she was saying...
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir would flinched as the arrow came loose and tore her skin. He was not used to seeing battle injuries up close. The situation was quickly spiralling from him, but he would not lose Neit. No more people would die under his care, not after the dungeon. The prayers of the priest became more determined.

Lord Pan, please keep her light shining and do not let her fade away. Let my energy flow into her and keep her strong. Guide my hands with your wisdom, so I can stop the bleeding. I need her to only hold through the night, until I can get someone more skilled in here to treat her. Help your loyal servant protect this woman.

Vanir took some of the clean toweling from Fialessa and tried to stop the bleeding. He applied a firm amount of pressure on the wound and closed his eyes again. The priest tried to focus his energies on Neit to ease her pain and stop her bleeding. The steady voice of the former bard reached out to her and spoke slowly.

"Neit, stay strong. We will help you."

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Too much blood… too much blood… It was pouring out too fast. That much she could see. Fia was a lot more worried than initially she had been. Something had to be done… but what!

She tried to think, tried to remember what Marien’s grandmother used to do sometimes… In a split of a flicker she had an idea, and she’d have to do else Vanir’d lose his own strength soon. His arm wasn’t much better off. Tearing two longer strips of cloth and twisting them together. “Vanir I have an idea, but you need to put your strength on stopping the bleeding while I tie this round her leg… I saw my friend’s grandmother do it once, perhaps it’ll work.”

Fia knew that every moment was precious and didn’t wait for him to reply. Even if this worked to stop the blood she'd still need a proper healer. Angling herself on the other side of him, she wiggled her hand with the ties under Neit’s leg and then pulled it up the other side. Loosing her hand from back under the half-giantess she started to pull with what strength she had in her to tie the strips together as tight as she could. “Oh … please this has to work…” she said in a terrified whisper, more to herself than anyone else.

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

There was only so much Pan could do, though the prayer soothed Neit's pains, enabling the half-giantess to slip into uneasy slumber, the tense muscles in her body relaxing, the flow of blood slowing down somewhat. It was Fialessa's idea that stopped the flow completely, even her strength enough to cinch the bind tight enough to stop the blood. The cloth bit into Neit's flesh and with a final gush of blood the wound bled no more, though a skilled healer was still a wise idea unless the two of them thought of something else that might help Neit's condition. Even they could see that chances that the half-giantess was going to live through the night were slim at best.
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir was thankful when Fialessa managed to stop the blood flow, but it was only the beginning. He knew little of medicine and healing, yet even he could tell that his new friend was still in trouble. The priest breathed deeply and slowed in his own heartbeat. The soft voice called to his apprentice with a calm returning to his tone.

"She still needs help from someone skilled. Check Nolan's room to see if he is there, if not we will need to seek outside assistance. The Temple has been short of healers for some time. I will stay and try to keep her steady, but my abilities are still quite limited with this." A weak smile was all he gave to let her know that speed was a necessity.

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

She watched as the blood stopped pouring from Neit’s leg. But somehow she knew it wouldn’t serve. Vanir spoke her thoughts and she nodded. “I’ll find Noland and Naomi as well I think… Then when we can see her out of immediate danger you will let me take care of your arm.” The last bit was not a question but a statement. He too had lost too much blood for her comfort. She was about to turn away and leave. “Vanir… uh… perhaps um just clean up the blood so it looks less…”

She didn’t know what she meant to say, and ended lamely telling him to clean the blood. Not that it mattered, Noland being blind. Walking from the room she rushed to Noland’s room to see if he was there…

Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir cared little about how the room might appear, but did use some clean cloths to clear away the spilled blood from Neit's wound. He then tried to clean the leg itself, before the blood dried and stained. There was a moment's thought to cleaning his own wound, although it would take some flexibility to accomplish. The priest eventually resigned to letting Fialessa care for it after Noland had been fetched. There was some curiosity to whether Noland or Naomi would even be in the Temple this night.

Noland had become quite busy with assisting Master Barrett or performing his duties around the Temple. Naomi was scarcely seen since she had taken a position with Lady Gywien in opening a new Rose Guild. He made note to check with Naomi in the coming days and ask about on Lady Gywien as well. He had simply let his mind wander while he was left alone with his injured friend.

Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Noland was anything but blind, though it was true his eyes were not the same as those of other people, they still did see and quite well at that. His room was just down the Hall and ever since the Temple had been cleansed of it taint he had made it a custom to sleep within its walls. His door was unlocked and the young man fast asleep when Fialessa rushed within, not rousing at the noise she made. It would be necessary to shake him in order for the young healer to come to. "Uhm…. What…..?" His strange eyes took a few flickers to focus, not looking directly at Fialessa, but rather caressing her skin with a glance. "Fia…" He swallowed a dry lump and smacked his lips before trying again. "Fialessa? What is it?"

Meanwhile Vanir found Neit still out cold, and indeed her skin was cold to the touch, though still not too distinctly so. The half-giantess had lost a lot of blood, and had the priest had more skill at healing he would have known that it was the wound in her leg that held the most danger. They bled most profusely and were the greatest danger to those unfortunate enough to be wounded so.
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Having entered Noland’s room and gently shaking him to a wakeful state, Fia stepped back as the man roused himself and spoke. She was slightly breathless, and took in air before she answered him. But it didn’t steady her breathing.

“There was … terrible events happened… Everything went wrong… the half giantess was injured. Gravely, possibly, but I don’t know, Vanir, I, we can’t do anymore. You must come and help her… Please, too much blood has been lost I think.” She waited then, and hoped he would see the pressing need for swiftness.

Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir tried vainly to clean the wound as best he could, yet knew it was only a fool's effort. He took a clean towel and pressed it against the bleeding wound on her leg. The priest held the towel hard against the wound, trying to remember anything he could about tending the wounded. A soft whisper escaped his lips, although he never knew he was talking.

"Stay with me, Neit. It would be a shame to die after haveing come so far. This is the easy part, my friend. All you have to do is live."

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Too much blood, not enough Blood." Noland swallowed again and sprang out of bed sending his covers flying. Effortlessly, Noland bounded down the hallway with a swiftness Fialessa had never seen in the young man. "Too much Blood, not enough Joy, not enough Art!" Noland rumbled loudly as he emerged into the bedroom where Neit laid. It might have been dark of the corridor but Noland seemed to grow larger as he ran.

As first Vanir did not recognize the figure in the doorway as Noland. Ram's horns curled from his head, wild hair covered his body and he sprang forward on goat's legs. It was the eyes, dead and far gazing, that revealed this being to have once been Noland.

"Move aside Vanir." Noland commanded. "You have been found wanting but this woman shall not suffer further for it."
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir was not sure if he was seeing correctly or simply a vision, maybe even a hallecination from the loss of blood. He stared at the once soft-spoken priest transform into something much more. The strong commanding voice was not Noland's, yet it still was his. Everything seemed to be chnaging and not simply the blind man he had known. A million thoughts ran though the adhiel's mind, but he could not focus on a single one.

Vanir moved over and let the being who had been Noland come past. Was it Pan himself possessing Noland or simply imbuing him with His power? He stood speechless with wide, wondering eyes as he waited for some sort of explanation to what he was seeing. He found himself looking for Fia, partially for answers, but mostly longing for the comfort she always gave him.

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Fialessa blinked several times, taken aback by first Noland's energy after only just being roused from slumber. And then as he ran down the hallway seemingly growing, she shook her head trying to see if her eyes tricked her as she followed swiftly after - surely not... But it seemed so as she neared the doorway.

Again she paused confused as she saw Vanir rushed aside with hurtful words. Wanting? Fia was certain Vanir had done everything he knew how to do. She resisted the urge to yell and defend him, she knew he was no healer and like as not Fia knew more than he in that arena - which said not much at all. Feeling a twinge of worry, she looked over at the other Adhiel. He seemed somehow lost, this confident priest whom she had come to respect and care for. Instinctively she drew up beside him, her slight form giving him something of a support. Then answering the question in his eyes with a whispered, "I do not know..." For though she should be used to the unusual by now she could still be struck with wonder at the doings of their god.

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

"Oh but you do know child." Noland snorted. "He knew and you knew yet you did nothing." Noland moved to Neit's side and his clawed hands began to pinch together her wounds. It was well that the half-giantess had passed out for the procedure looked painful however deftly it was worked.

"You knew that a brothel stood for everything that we do not!" Noland thundered. "No Joy! Only spilled seed and the exchange of coin. Yet you went. You knew that many were there against their will and do you help them? No, you delay and in the meantime play when they call for a tune."

Noland whipped around and jabbed his bloodied claw at Fialessa with such speed that her clothes were further spattered with crimson. "You played and increased their lust. You played MY PIPES in that den of filth!" the horned one frothed. "And had the nerve to be surprised that I was not there in your music. Even the art of your dance was twisted to feed their appetites." The clawed hand dismissed them both and returned to his work on Neit.

"All of that could have forgiven but for the last." Noland fumed. "There in the basement and above in the brothel you felt it and saw it. Unnatural magics twisting the natural appetites of men and adhiel into cruel gluttonies and brutal rapine. Darkest magics directly attacking that which you joylings hold dearest and you fled! Not a drop of Blood in either of you!" Noland thundered and punched a hole into the stone wall without flinching.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir's senses started to return slowly as the creature chastisied them both, yet it came slowly and with great confusion. It was when the final words were spoken that Vanir truly heard his claim.

"Blood?!! You dare speak to me about Blood. Where was your call for Blood when Silk murdered my friends and your children? Where was your Blood when the Temple was almost destroyed? Where was your Blood when the One rode across our lands and slaughtered my brothers and sisters? Yet you dare speak to me of Blood in some whorehouse." The words were nearly spit from his mouth. The priest stood with strength he did not have moments ago.

"We have served you faithfully, rebuilt your Temple when it was emptied, cared for the lost children that found their way here, and carried on your works. All that I have done and lost in the name of Pan, yet you speak as I did nothing. I was never a warrior, nor even remotely skilled with a balde, never have I taken an oath of a Blood brother, so when did you suddenly value my skills as such. If you seek Blood, then it will flood the streets, but only the blood of our enemies. I'll bring you the Blood of Silk, the Oneists, and those that have hurt my kin, but do not speak to me as some stupid child that has never given anything. I have lost more than you could ever repay, yet still I serve, so spare me your lectures."

Vanir reached out for Fialessa as his rage subsided, suddenly lacking the strength to storm out as he wished. He took one final look at the Noland-Pan creature and spoke more softly. "Since when did you spoil over a dance?" There was a sadness in his eyes as he spoke back like never before, a sadness as he lost a small piece of faith.

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Fialessa felt herself dissolve internally at the harshness of the words spoken out. Outwardly she was shaken and flinched as if attacked, though of course to her mind she was attacked. Not physically but another more painful way.

What she had tried to do was bring a fulfillment to those lost souls that could not be gained by the cheapened joining of flesh. She had wanted them to hear Pan’s song and understand something true. The venue really meant nothing, it was merely the beginning… or it had been. Before now…

Vanir’s sudden return scared her nearly as much, he was for all intents and purposes predominantly Joy in his heart - though she was not and never claimed to be a joyling… Then she shook her head, she did not understand for the life of her why a god would be so picky about where his faithful were found. This was not about joy or art or even blood. This was about faith, and how could a priest put their faith in their god and look to bring others to understand that faith and beauty if it is so cruelly treated. Yes they fled - she and Vanir fled the whore house because the others knew the Panlings would be a liability there. And they both knew it too. Neither of the pair of them were fighters - and Pan knew it when he chose them to follow the path they were now on.

She moved closer to Vanir as he reached out for her, knowing his own considerable blood loss made him weak as well. Fia found his hand and held it. Softly she spoke out tentatively, “How can we be faulted for being less than what we are. For not being something we were not given to be? We are the balm to heal the soul hurts of the world, not all of us can deal in death and destruction.” Perhaps she had been mistaken when she’d thought her path was to be a priestess. For the first time since her decision - she truly questioned it.
Last edited by Fialessa Valenstri on Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Pan smiled as his priest raged back at him. "So you can get angry. Good. I was starting to wonder." Noland sank back onto the bed holding the half-giant. "Where was my Blood Vanir when Silk dragged you all to dungeons? Flowing in your veins, Vanir, had you the courage to call on me. Not once during your questioning did you call on me." Pan shook his head in dismay. But afterwards you knew the answer to the question you ask now."

"Leaf, you must remember that Pan is bound by the laws of gods, which means he cannot interfere. I know it is harsh to hear, but it is the way things must be. Vanir's voice echoed out of the past.

"The answer is still harsh, but it is also still true." Pan sighed. "They came for you to take you to the dungeons and after you settled in as though nothing had happened. Then the Nether book spread its evil over this temple and when it too was vanquished you few settled back in as though nothing had happened. How many calamities must befall you before you prepare for the next one?" Pan demanded. "Why do you call on me to bless your couplings and twirl in your dances but never once to fight for you? That was my Blood spilled all over Pan's Isle as they called on my Rage and were answered."

Pan turned searching eyes toward Fialessa. "My power was yours you know. You held the cup of Blood in your hands, felt its warmth and the strength it gave your tired limbs. Had you asked it of me the strength to fight the ants and the spider would have flowed through you. But you didn't."

"Help me to understand, my children." Pan implored them. "You trust me to revel with you and join in your Joy. You call to me to be with you in your frenzies of creation and my Art flows through you. Even this night, you called to me to protect your life, Vanir. Dark magic gripped your heart and I bat it away to seek another. Why then do you never call for my strength to fight against those that would hurt you? Why do you never trust that I will be there for you then? I can't see you driven from my temple again. Not again." Pan hung his head.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]

Return to “Inner City Archive”