Moving Day [Chyril 23 ET]

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Gwayne quickly wiped his face and followed the women still pondering about the response that Amber gave him. But outside thing where different, Eivlys has said something about warriors or something, maybe that would mean danger. He moved the baby to make sure that his left arm carrying the spear would be free. This time nobody would hurt one of the women ! Well at leat not when he could prevent it.

He wanted to tell Amber that she was a hothead and that he did not mean to say it like that and and and and a lot more... but he could not. So he just watched for danger and followed.

Then he remembered the question about Lord and stuff. It made him whisper "I am a outcast Eivlys, so you can call me anything. I prefer Gwayne though..."

He filled up with air... it was not fair that Amber lashed out at him his attention was not to hurt her... finally he got his words out.

"Amber...." he started "Amber...." he stared again "Am.. O Nether, I just wanted to say that lovers would not have concealed weapons ! And I did not want to hurt you because you are a great woman but don't Nether Bats snap at me like that because I have a hard time handling it ................... "

Gwayne suddenly realized that that sounded a lot like Syrawenn and then he missed that silly girl as well. Being miserable seemed to be his top priority. So he decided to change that.

"Next time I kick your ass Amber... even if you kill me for that !!" It actually made him feel better although he feared the answer of the hotheaded woman.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She had had just about enough of the two of them. She let out a sigh and turned to Amber. She took her by the shoulders and leaned in to kiss her squarely on the cheek. “You are beautiful, and that is not a man in the city would disagree. You cannot beat a man for flirting, it is their way, and their ways are simple ways.”

Her next target was Gwayne. She took him by the shoulders and stood on her tip toes to kiss his cheek. “You are not an outcast. You are as much family as anyone. If you two can fight so and still call each other friends, you are more family then some family is.”

She looked at the two of them. “Listen, I have dreamed of you both, and while I do not recall the details of all the dreams, I recall the emotions. There is a sense of trust, and caring for both of you. I do not take kindly to people threatening those I love. So I would suggest you both cool it.” She took one of their hands in each of hers. “Please, I think it is something we can forgive each other for. Yes?”

The carriage arrived and the door was opened by the footman.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber had been about to give Gwayne a sharp retort - she seriously doubted he could kick her ass anyway, seeing as she'd grown up with older brothers and knew all about ass-kicking - but Eivlys' kiss on her cheek shut her up in a hurry. "Flirting?" she tried to get out over the Swanmaiden's gentle scolding. "That wasn't flirting it was rude..."

She huffed quietly as Eivlys turned to Gwayne, and she started to realize that she was letting her temper get out of control. It was definitely not a good time for that. She didn't want to have Eivlys remember their first time together as a time when Amber lost her temper over something stupid.

She let Eivlys take her hand, and the feeling of it calmed her the rest of the way down. "Sorry," she muttered, like a little girl that had been caught absconding with the candy jar.
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne took the gentle scolding of Eivlys in and tried to cope with it. But somehow the kiss made everything different. It was also nice to see how the gentle touch of the maiden calmed the red haired fury.... a beautiful fury.

Gwayne wanted to say a lot but ended with saying "I am sorry Amber.... I guess I am just a bit selfish. You two are so wonderful and..... well I am just sorry.. it wont happen again."

The touch of Eivlys made him feel a lot better. Then he realized that the carriage had arrived and he wanted to go in, then changed his mind and just placed his backpack inside and stepped aside.

Holding his spear with its long blade relaxed but firm he smiled at the baby, all would be well. Then his eyes turned outward to watch the surroundings. He was not a warrior, he would never really be, but he could kill if need should call for it.

The heavy weight of the sword on his back and the spear in his hand seemed to be countered by the weight of the baby on his arm. He watched the women.... "Please go inside... it seems that you ladies are my earth, rain and my sunshine. I need you all to sustain my tree of life..."

He waited patiently inwardly wondering why he actually said that... It seemed so... bold. He concluded that the Goddess had strange ways of influencing his life... not bad... just well strange.. He just hoped that Amber would not hurt him again for these words. He felt a knot is his belly while thinking about that.

Then his eyes lingered slowly over the surroundings again.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She nodded to them both, happy things were settling down. “Did you both get plenty of sleep during the day?” She asked as she climbed into the carriage. She found a seat and waited for the other two to enter. “I am sure my place will have a bed, and I do not use beds, not really. So you both are welcome to use it.” She shrugged. “Or do you have a place with your other friends? You came with others, right?”

She waited for Amber to slide in next to her and then smiled. “I have never been in a fight before. I do not think I would do so well if I was in one. I am not exactly one to be rough and tumble.” She smoothed out her dress. “As much fighting as there is in the Knot, I have never had to do any. I guess the gods have favored me.” She took hold of Amber’s hand. “Well, I know they have tonight.”

She looked at Gwayne as he sat with the child. “You are very poetic, Gwayne, and I thank you for your compliment.” She had to smile to herself, though, he was so vulnerable, and it was cute really.

The carriage started to move. Inside her heart was racing. She did not know what she would do now. She wanted to kiss Amber, but was that right to do in front of Gwayne? She settled on humming, softly letting the song move over her.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber wasn't sure if she should be mad at Gwayne, scared of him, or have pity on him. In the space of a few minutes, he'd done three things she'd never known him to do before. Firstly, he'd suggested to Eivlys - another woman - that she be frisked... in public! Second, he'd threatened to kick her ass - Gwayne never threatened to kick anyone's ass. And third, he'd come up with some rather flowery poetry about her and Eivlys. To put it bluntly, she was now confused as hell about how to react toward Gwayne. So she settled on a combination of all three possible reactions.

Fortunately, she managed to keep it to herself.

She smiled at Evilys as they all got into the carriage and sat down. "I think the gods have favored all of us this night," she said. "But believe me, you don't really want to be in a fight. I grew up with a bunch of older brothers, so I know all about rough and tumble. But doing it for play and doing it for real are entirely different things." She shrugged, and dropped the subject. She didn't want to ruin the night by delving into unpleasant memories.

She heard Eivlys start to hum, and for a little while, she just listened. She seemed to remember hearing the Swanmaiden hum in her dream, and after awhile, she realized that the voice sounded exactly the same. It was very relaxing, and as they started to move down the street, she rested her cheek against Eivlys' shoulder gently, smiling. It was the first time she had felt completely at peace in quite some time.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Aetya had fallen asleep in Gwayne's arms. So he studied Amber's and Eivlys faces, the glances they exchanged and the obvious hunger of both of them. He wondered why they did not kiss each other. He never had had any problem of women pleasuring each other, of even having a romantic relation for years. Some of the Priestesses where known for it.

It gave the young adhiel a pang of heart pain, because most women who had that kind of relations would not have relations with men. In Eivlys situation it sounded logical because a relation with a man would cost her her immortality... a huge price. Somehow he remembered a talk about that with Eivlys but he could not remember the details.

It was so easy to fall in love, getting lost within the shining eyes of these two women Gwayne thought while he crawled further away in the corner of the carriage. His thoughts already colored his face, what did no good for his other feelings, he became even more confused. Traveling with Amber had been fun, the woman was a warm...well hot personality with a beautyfull smile that send shivers through Gwayne's spine. She also had a habit of kicking away beggars and other ....men who tried to get her attention in a very.... forceful manner. Then Eivlys, she was different, she was like a angel where Amber was made of fire, she was made of air and water... Gwayne swallowed something. None of the two women would be his, but it was still nice to dream about it. Fire and Air..... a quick smile flushed over his face. Fire and air, he better be careful, that combination burned wood faster then anything.

The humming of Evilys was relaxing and before he knew it he was talking. "I recall vaguely that the floor in your house is comfortable Evilys, not that I want to be of any trouble. I think that Amber wants to stay with you, and you want her to stay. If...if... I..."

A few flickers passed then his face became a bit more red while he tried to become invisible, then he whispered. "Maybe me and Aetya should sit on top of the cart so you two could ..... well.... uh.... stay so far away from each other. It makes me feel like I am preventing something wonderful, and I don't want that.." His voice got softer all the time.

"I don't wish to be a burden for love anyway....."

The young man decided to fully focus on the sleeping baby.

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

It felt nice to have Amber on her shoulder. She let her hand drift to Amber’s thigh, resting there. The humming helped her calm herself. Her heart was racing though outside she tried to calm it. She had been around the bards and actors, and they were very open with their affection. She had no issue giving her a kiss, or even him, just there were real emotions right now, and this is what frightened her. Both of them caused her to feel something, passion, attraction, caring, and this was concerning

She stopped humming when Gwayne started talking. It was true she wanted to kiss Amber, but she had not given a thought to him being there. “Dear,” She started to speak with a smile once he was done, or looked like he was done, “you are holding nothing back.” She looked at Amber. “I do not know how you both feel about each other. I am the new one here, it feels like.”

She looked back at Gwayne. “And you need not sleep on the floor. You can use the bed, The Father knows I never sleep on a bed if I can help it.” She gave a small laugh. “I spend the day as a swan, you think I wish to sleep my time as a human away? No, I stay awake all night usually. I only sleep if I truly become exhausted.”

She took hold of Amber’s hand. “And I am sure we would not mind you being there if there was any love going to happen. You are part of my family, if you are going to care for little Aetya there.” She nodded to the baby. “I will not live forever, this much I know, and if I am taken back to the gods before she is old enough…” She gave a weak smile to the two of them. “It is nice to know she will have a family to care for her.” She looked down at her hand in Amber’s. “A little selfish I know, but not completely.”

The carriage rolled to a stop and the door was opened. Outside was a little cottage around the back of the manor along a paved stone path which took them past the banks of a man-made lake. Little of it could be seen at this time apart from the nearby banks which were unnaturally straight and lined by long, hollow reeds and rocks. The water appeared black in the darkness of the night. Shimmering, silver lights danced upon its surface, reflections cast by moon.

Eventually it came to an wooden gate, beyond which lay a tiny, moss-covered stone cottage. It was close to the manor but nestled behind a wall of greenery that was half a pace higher than the swanmaiden's head, ensuring plenty of privacy. The yellow lantern light revealed a water pump set against the wall outside of the house. The garden looked recently worked and trimmed.

She smiled. “Here we are.” She stepped out of the carriage as the driver and footman got her bags. Shall we go inside?” She did not wait but hurried to the door and stepped in. She smiled as she looked around, the place was furnished as he said it would be.

She made her way to the tables and started setting out the food she bought. “What do you think? This is my first day here.”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber didn't take her head from Eivlys' shoulder as Gwayne started talking - at least, not right away. But as he went on and she realized what he was suggestion - or thought she did, anyway - she felt her cheeks turning bright red, and she unconsciously pulled away from the Swanmaiden a bit. Again she felt indignant at his forwardness, but she kept herself in check. Part of it was because she knew she felt affection for Eivlys. Another part of it was that she hadn't realized that affection was so obvious to Gwayne - for which he could not be faulted. And finally, even though the faint memories of the dream in which she'd met Eivlys had made her heart beat faster, she was only know realizing exactly how deep that affection went, as well as how intimate it had the possibility to become.

Eivlys' response only drove that shocking realization home. Her statement that they wouldn't mind if he was there while they.. while they... made love... actually made her whimper. She hadn't even fully considered the thought of doing something sexual with Eivlys; she only had a limited concept of what sex itself was! Not to mention how she would go about it with another woman! Not to mention the fact that her mother would have a heart attack if she even suspected her sweet Amber was doing it with another woman! And now Eivlys said she didn't mind if Gwayne watched!? It was almost too much for her.

She was clutching Eivlys' hand hard, mostly in shock, and she didn't let go. She just sat there and... gazed rather wide eyed between the two of them.

She was in a bit of a daze as they walked into the pleasant little cottage. Again, she remembered fragments of her dream, and realized this place was familiar to her. No... not the place. The feeling it gave, perhaps. Of being home, of being safe. Of being with friends and... someone who was more than a friend, or could be, perhaps.

"It's wonderful," she said softly when she finally found her voice again. "I'm sure you'll have it feeling like a comfortable home in no time."

For now, she tried to put her shock and her torrent of emotions and questions over what had just transpired in the carriage aside. She would have to talk to Eivlys about it later...
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne watched Aetya's eyes open again and her little hands grappling for his fingers while he stroked her cheeks. She made him happy, it was different then with other babies but those he had not known as a adult before they where babies.

It was hard for the young adhiel to compare this vulnerable little baby with the grown fierce woman that he had seen bathing in the lake. It was even harder to think about the day she died, a wound that never had healed inside him. Now non the less, everything was good when he watched the little face smile and play with his fingers.

Gwayne had always been a sensitive boy, his mother always said that it had been his adhiel heritage, the young man doubted that himself. And now he was aware of Ambers insecurity and knew that if he would say the wrong thing that she would be hurt, like he was hurt so many times before.

He listened to Eivlys words and the talk of death made his eyebrows raise. The words sowed fear in his heart, losing Eivlys in the same way as Aetya would be hard to live with, for some maybe even impossible, he realized while he glanced at Amber. His arms pulled Aetya even closer like he could protect the little girl from harms way by using his arms as shields.

He watched Amber and Eivlys while they left the carriage and entered the house, he made his way shortly after them placing all the luggage carefully inside the door. He could not resist looking at the place where he expected hangers with white feathered cloaks.
It was one of the few things that had made its way to Gwayne's memory, the feelings created by the curse still had their echo's deep in his soul sending reflections back to his mind. It made him sweat and hold the baby close. He knew that if someone would ever touch the cloaks that he would kill the person. He would gladly give the Goddess mercy to those who claimed the body and soul of those he loved. For a few flickers hate flushed through him, hate fueled by what seemed to be the same darkness that had been the source of the cloaks curse. A quick check told him that the sacrificial knife was still resting at its normal place hanging at the belt at his back.

Then he watched the interior of the house and the two women finding their way into it. The house was nice...comfortable...homelike... He was seated and then looked at both women feeling blessed by the Goddess to have met such wonderful ladies.
So he smiled at Amber and Eivlys and words flowed from his lips "You don't have to affright Amber, I shall protect you with body and soul, with all the strength that the Goddess permits me to have. With all the love that is granted to a mere mortal. Eivlys and you make me feel at home,"

Then he waited for a few flickers... and resumed "And I think that I have to change Aetya......"

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

Eivlys went to the bags, and was careful to take the basket with the cloaks. She did not need them falling into the wrong hands. She walked to the bedroom and set the basket under the bed. She paused a moment looking at the basket and sighed, and then stood turning to them both. They both looked nervous, and as if they were off center, unbalanced by everything. She needed to put them at ease, she needed to help them to feel more comfortable.

She walked back into the room and smiled at Gwayne. “You are a very capable warrior I am sure, and I am happy to have you here.” She took the baby from him and carried her over to the table. Changing her had become routine, she could do it now without thinking. “You are not like most the fighting men I have known Gwayne. Most of them are usually scrapping for a fight, and have no problems using their muscle to get what it is they want.” She took the baby out and was starting to undo the nappy.

“Amber, could you get me the red bag by the door?” She asked her. “Gwayne, why don’t you open the wine and pour us some glasses? We can have a spot to eat and a bit to drink.” She started to clean up the baby, smiling at Amber as she brought the bag back.

“What was your life like at your home, Amber?” She asked. “I grew up on a farm as well. It is a good reason to have a swan around all the time. Of course it was just me and my parents.” She confessed as she patted the baby bottom with powder.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber smiled wistfully as Eivlys asked her about her home. "Well, I suppose life was pretty good there," she began. "Of course, when I was there, I thought I was bored and that I was missing everything the world had to offer. I now know better...

"I grew up a bunch of older brothers. I was the youngest. Of course, I always got picked on and ganged up on. I got locked out of the house a lot." She grinned. "But I suppose in the end it all worked out. I'm the fastest, and the most clever. I learned how to get myself out of all the trouble they would get me into. We worked hard, every day, but we played even harder. It was good, honest work, and my parents are very proud of what they've accomplished."

Her smile faded a bit. "I imagine my brothers are off falling in love now and getting married, maybe even starting farms of their own. It's been a few months since I was last there."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne rose and moved to the window, as usual Amber had ignored him. Or maybe he was just to sensitive.

While watching into the darkness he listened to the womens voices, he wanted them to talk, so he would not interrupt. Although inside him he remembered Eivlys words and sighed. He was not a warrior even though he tried to be for the sake of Aetya, he just knew how to kill people and paid a price for that.. Every death he caused, either out of mercy or war left a mark on his soul. A real warrior would never have that problem, they would just boast about there victories... and Gwayne could not. He could still remember every face of every person that he had send back to the Goddess.

The young man just bit his lip and decided that if he had to kill to keep the women save he would do so. The Goddess will's.......
He leaned against the window frame and suddenly felt very very lonely. Maybe he should scout the area a bit and give the women more space. Afterall his hunger had disappeared at the thoughts of death and eyes staring into the void between worlds. He moved towards the door..

"Ill, ill be scouting the surroundings, so I shall not be back until the first rays of the sun Goddess kiss the house..." he said.

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

“No, you won’t” She said pointedly to Gwayne. She had been listening to Amber’s tale and was just starting to think they were relaxing a bit. “The Lord has men patrolling his estate, I am sure we are safe. I also doubt they would look kindly on you prowling about.”

She nodded to the food. “Please, you have not eaten, have something.” She looked at Gwayne. “Have I done something to upset you? If I have, please forgive me. I brought you both out here so we could all talk.” She finished changing the baby and set her back in her basket. “Honestly, I do not get to spend time like this with many people, not with them knowing about me, and Aetya. Not with them knowing just what we are, and accepting us.” She sighed looking at the baby.

She turned back looking at Gwayne. “Please stay. Do not be so nervous, no one is judging you.” She looked to Amber, then back to him. “How did you both meet? How did you grow to trust and like each other?” She stood and walked over searching for some plates and cups. “I want to hear both of you tell me your tales.”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Gwayne may have been too sensitive, but Amber was certainly more than a bit insensitive. She wasn't exactly an expert when it came to judging people's emotions or feelings. She had grown up with three older brothers after all. As such, she was completely unaware that Gwayne was feeling uncomfortable, and that she might be the reason for it.

She readily sat down at the table as Eivlys laid out the food, for she was rather hungry herself. "Yeah, don't be silly, Gwayne," she piped in. "What good would it do to come meet Eivlys, and then just run off again?" She was still nervous about what Eivlys had said - with Gwayne watching them do... whatever it was they might end up doing - but truth be told, she didn't really want Gwayne disappearing. She did like him after all.

She paused at the Swanmaiden's question. "Hmm, that's really a good question. How did we meet, Gwayne? In the days right after I left my parents' farm, everything was so crazy, it was hard to keep track of what new people showed up when and where. I know I met Gavin in Dort the same day all those crazy things started happening... There were also some other people I met as well..."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne almost jumped when Eivlys almost ordered him to stay. It took him a while to answer.. his face red as usual. "Well, I would like to know the area, you spoke of danger and I may not be a warrior. I am a pretty good scout. " The next words clearly reflected his feelings about cities and people who live there. "Those Lords guards life in this stone graveyard they call a city, they are half blind and half deaf to real danger. They think that the Goddess body is never changing and that enemies shall always look like them.....they never see me.."

The young man waited for a flicker or two and then resumed "Besides that, it would give you and Amber some time .... to talk and have some privacy.... have some fun.. It would not be the right thing for me to be a obstruction in your two sexual relation when I can be practical by roaming the area....."

He realized that both women asked about the first meeting with Amber... so he shrugged and said "Well she is also a lady of my dreams so to speak. I can recall all the details but it had something to do with Hex a demon that appeared as a beautiful woman. For me that woman was less frightful then the tension between her and Syrawenn about Gavin. From that moment part of me started to love Amber, her fire and strength, half as a real person half as a dream never to be true. I can also remember war in the world of dreams in what ended in Gavin's death..... We only really met in the harbor where she also met Gavin again... from that moment on we followed the same trail that ended here."

Gwayne nodded slowly and then smiled at Amber.... a long warm smile. "Can I go now ?" He asked softly...

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She almost dropped the plate she was holding when he mentioned her having sex with Amber. What was he going on about, is that what he thought. She was struck dumb for a moment as she listened to him speak. “It seems I should leave, you seem more like you should.. You know, with her then I.” She did not talk about sex much, not as much as the other bards and performers.

“Please sit Gwayne.” She set the table. “She and I just met, we do not have nearly the bond you two share.” She said as she set out the cutlery. “To be honest, the most I thought I might share with her is a kiss.” She looked at Gwayne. “Perhaps kiss you as well. I have never kissed a man before, and the idea of kissing a man and a woman in the same night.” She went to the wine and let the idea drift in the air.

She took the corkscrew and started to work it into the bottle, once in, she tugged on it, pulling futilely on the cork.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

It was all Amber could do not to explode again at Gwayne's crude comments. What had gotten into him!? He had always been a little odd, but today, he was definitely out of sorts. Ordinarily fairly quiet, now it seemed like the only thing his mind was on was her and Eivlys getting intimate with each other. And neither of them had given any indication that that was what they wanted!

"No, Gwayne, you can not go now," she said firmly after Eivlys was done talking. She stood slowly from her seat, her food forgotten for the moment. "I don't know what's gotten into you today. First you suggest that you can help Eivlys fondle me while looking for my knives. I could put that off as flirting or a rude joke, maybe. But this? I don't know what's going through your mind, but in case you haven't noticed, there isn't a sexual relation between us. For the love of the gods, we just met! Yes, I like her. Yes, she is my friend. I don't know how you were raised, but I wasn't raised to make sleeping with someone a primary goal when it came to my friends. The gods know what might happen in time between her and I, or you and I, or the Caesar and I for all I know! But for now, we're just being friends, and we're just learning about each other, and we're just trying to share a meal together."

She sat back down slowly, casting an apologetic look at Eivlys for making her have to hear this. Then she looked back to Gwayne. "I like you Gwayne. I like you a lot. I trust you. And I like being with you. But if you want to keep my respect, you need to stop making crude suggestions and then trying to excuse yourself to run off somewhere. You need to sit down, and stop acting like we're a couple of helpless girls that can't look after ourselves. Ok?"

She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, then unconsciously reached over the took the bottle of wine from Eivlys, and popped the cork before handing it back to her.
Last edited by Amber Kynterle on Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne was a bit stunned by the firm reaction of both women, they even both suggested that he would be a potential partner what made him blush once more.

Ambers growl at him made totally no sense to the young man... Amber had no sex with friends. For him the tension was clear between the women so why would they not so it ? Was this the normal way by city people, or where there other reasons.

It was not clear to the young man, afterall sex was no big deal. In his clan most families even demanded that children only married when both partners had proven to be fertile.

So he stared at the red haired woman for flickers unable to form the right words, he wanted to respond angry, although no words flowed from his mouth.

he wanted to say "You are so old and you never had sex ??" and then decided not to... explanation would work better. The idea that Amber could be a virgin actually shocked him, he took for granted that he was a virgin, but that was because he was not good marriage material. No so Amber, every man would love to marry her... so why ??. Maybe she was of a closed farm or so.... not a clan...

"I am sorry if I offended you Amber, In the clans of the mother most women start relations after their first bleeding to see if the men they like are able to father children with them. Otherwise they can not marry them... Obviously I am not good marriage material for most human parents... you on the other hand would be a great catch so I assumed that you where very experienced... I won't mention it again. Its just ... well it seems strange to me that someone would deny him or herself the sharing of pleasure with friends and loved ones...."

The young man decided to look down again burning holes in the ground. The world outside his clan and the forest was stranger then he had ever imagined.

"I day dreamed a lot about you, sorry about that too...I don't want you to feel uncomfortable... your just very beautyfull and...... uh " he murmured and then became silent. He was making things only worse.. Tears started to flow again, it was just to hard to understand people, it was easier to kill them. Somehow that hurt less then the anger and frustration in Ambers eyes. It also left less scars.

"I shall be a warrior.... " he whispered "Nothing less... nothing more... the Goddess wills.."

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She blinked a few times. Amber had a point, he was being a bit crude, but no more than some the bards and actors she had hung around. Perhaps she was getting used to those kinds of suggestions. Many of them had made comments on her and what they would like to do with her, but she had always just laughed them off. It was just a friendly sign of affection.

She stepped over and placed a hand on Amber’s hand to hopefully calm the woman. She hoped her touch would quell some of the fire in her. In a way she was drawn to the passion of the other woman, she had such life in her, and this excited Eivlys slightly. She knew Amber was the sort to feel things right to her core, and this is something Eivlys liked. She was a kindred spirit in that way, though Eivlys did not turn to anger so quickly, like fire and ice.

When Gwayne spoke of his life, and what his women did, well, things started to fit together. He was not being crude; he was just trying to be logical. “Oh, no, I am not like that at all, if you could not tell.” She told Gwayne. “If I were to be with a man, well, there would be complications. One would be a child, the other would be mortality. Two things I do not think I am truly ready for.” She looked over at the baby. “Aetya already seems like too much for me.”

She looked at Amber. “And while I feel a bond with Amber, there is still the rational part of me that reminds me to take it slow.” She shrugged. “Amber is her own person, and when things are right it will happen,” She looked to Gwayne, “if you are here or not.”

She smiled at the warrior who had given to mumbling now. “And if no woman has been with you, then it is their loss.” She said with a grin. “Why should you be with just any woman? A man like you deserves a good woman, one who will appreciate who you are, and just how wonderful you are.”

“Can we just put this talk of sex to the side? Can we just talk about each other?” She asked looking at the both of them. “If Pan sees fit to visit us, then he will in his own due time. If not, then let this house be filled with love and friendship, not worry and greif.”

She looked at the unopened wine. “Gwayne, please open the wine so we can toast a new friendship.”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber was a bit shocked by Gwayne's description of his peoples' view on sex. She had never heard the like before. Her mother would have died to even think such a thing for her sweet Amber! Amber herself felt her cheeks flushing more than a bit. Here she was, 17 years old, and she couldn't even imagine what it would be like to have sex with someone. Much less could she imagine herself doing it four years ago!

She was glad for Eivlys' suggestion though. "Yes, let's talk about something else." She held up the bottle of wine to show she'd already removed the cork for Eivlys, and started pouring it into the glasses.

"I will warn you though," she said with a bit of a grin, "I'm not much for drink. The inn keepers around here learned early on that my father meant it when he said they should not give me anything to drink. I'm afraid I've started far too many fights, and I have personally affronted more than one influential man in my times at the inns." She got a quizzical look in her eye. "Pity I can't remember any of those times; they sound like such fun. Most of what I know came from my brothers who claim they saw everything."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne was happy, the atmosphere had become warm once more, Amber seemed not so prone to explode. What also helped was that she had opened the bottle of wine.. since Gwayne never had touched a bottle in his life. And before he left home he had never drank any wine either.

Still watching the world outside the window he said "Lady Eivlys, would it not be better if I scout the surroundings ? Afterall you spoke of danger, and city people are not very .... "

Suddenly he tummy started to give signals of food demand.... it growled like a ancient wolf.

The young man started to move towards the table, he needed a bite. He realised what Amber had said about her and drinks. It brought a smile to his face. I never have been drunk he said with a sort of shrug. No money, no honey, no booze, he added with a faint smile.

While he sad down at the table he resisted to poke Amber... he just said I doubt that you would pick a fight with us. You would win way to easily.
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

She smiled and laughed an airy light laugh as she got her wine. “I will help you watch your drink, Amber, dear.” She said and sat at the table and took a slice of the cheese. “What was it like, having a big family? What were your brothers like? Did you fight much?” She took a small bite of the cheese. “I never had a large family, so I have always been curious.”

She let Amber explain then turned to Gwayne. “And you, did you have a large family? What were they like?” She folded her arms and leaned on the table, watching him intently “How did you come to get all those markings and serve the goddess?”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

After Amber poured Eivlys' wine, she poured some for Gwayne, and then finally herself. She set the bottle down and sat back, taking a sip from her glass. She winced a bit; this was quality wine, but she was used to the cheap stuff found in run down inns and taverns. It would have to be an acquired taste.

She shrugged at Eivlys' question. "My brothers, well... we had our disagreements of course, like all siblings. They were always playing pranks on me, locking me out of the house, or leaving me trussed up in the barn to be found later that evening. But we rarely actually fought. I always found my own little ways to get even with them." She smiled. "I can't imagine what life would have been like without them. I suppose I would have gotten very bored."

She fell silent then, and awaited Gwayne's tale. She *had* always wondered about his markings and his curious affiliation with the "Goddess" whoever she was. It had been more of an idle curiosity, but now seemed like a good time to learn a bit about him. Perhaps it would explain why he was so strange.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Do you have a large family..... the words seemed to echo inside Gwayne's mind for quite a while. Nothing though that could not be solved with a good drink, Gwayne rarely drank any alcohol so he could not say if this was a good wine. It tasted ok though so he took a few quick sips.

"I don't know who my real parents are, my father saved me out of a river when I was a little boy. I had a head wound, and a strong fever could barely remember how to eat. Mum was a Priestess, and because they had no children of themselves they adopted me. Not that it did them a lot of good because the elder's where against it. As a adhiel I looked a more like a fairy then a human so they concluded that I would be bad luck if I stayed in the village. So my foster parents where basically kicked out.

So I grew up at the edge of the forest, near the creatures who lived there. Mum still took care of the sick and dieing so people still came to our place. Some nice, some not so nice, but mostly they would shun me. So most of the time I would go out with my dad to search for everything we needed to stay alive.

Except around the anniversary day when I was found... every year I would become deadly sick with fever, every year mom would paint the symbols of protection on me and give me horrible herbal potions to drink so I would recover after a few weeks.

At some point they decided to make the symbols permanent, its protection able to protect me from the disease.."

Gwayne sighed and resumed, "it took several priestesses months to place them all on my body, but I have never been sick after that. So it seemed to have worked.

Sadly enough it confirmed for the villagers that I was strange and should be avoided.. and so they did... For me it was easier to stay and talk with the forest creatures and the priestesses. The priestesses never shunned me... when I became fourteen the old women needed someone to handle the mercy blade, without shaking hands.. so I became their blade.. and my life's duty was created. "

He took a other gulp of the wine. Looking inside the fluid, maybe searching for answers.

Return to “Dort Archive”