Essence of Water ~ Chyril 25th - MT

Moderator: Mods

Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Essence of Water ~ Chyril 25th - MT

Post by Alexandrya L`handriel »

After the fiasco at Blue Parrot two days ago, Alexandrya was kept busy with the acting troupe. There was some odd tension and worry that the leader, Solange was giving off of. Jonah seemed to also be attributing to it as well. She had left the Blue Parrot Inn to walk home and ended up missing Jonah who later on caught up with her. The silver-haired Achadhiel recalled that he was angry but it was not directed towards her. He did try to hide it but with Jonah, Alexandrya always seemed to open up a bit more even though she told herself she needed to shield herself from him especially.

They walked the rest of the way home in silence. She had wondered, how could someone want to destroy this place and all the wonderful people here? Those were her continued thoughts as Jonah's own emotions roiled inside of her, deep in his own thoughts.

Once they got home, lights, and sounds immersed them as well as a nervous energy. The house was running full force to get things moving once again now that Toni was out, Faye Harden was in and preparations were on the way.

She remembered looking at Jonah once more, concerned for whatever thoughts were caught up in his mind and leaned forward and upwards for a small kiss on the cheek to assist with emotional fortification.

Then before the former scout could react she hurried into the bustle to find the others.

The 24th was insane. Preparations caused everyone to be exhausted but it did not help that Solange seemed to be worried about something. It also seemed that the rest of the acting troupe was not brave enough to ask her. Alexandrya felt it the most from both Solange and Jonah. Anytime, she got near either one of them, her own heart fluttered, worry from Solange, and anger from Jonah.

Not to forget that the Blue Parrot conversation kept running in her mind causing her mind to wander. This was not the best thing to do while trying to hem a couple of costumes causing a couple of pin pricks from her thoughts.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was finally on the 25th when she could not take it anymore. She left her house for a couple of hours in the morningtide to clear her mind and be refreshed. What is Callara going to do? What is Motley up to? Will they contact me?

Then other thoughts continued to invade her mind. Control the elements of nature... A tiny frown creased her forehead as she concentrated on the replay in her mind, but also made sure to keep out of harm's way as she let her feet wander about carrying her down to the shores of the Mer de la Luna. What am I in control of? Was fire my ability? Or earth? Air? What about...water? The ideas spun into other ideas as she continued to wander up to the shores of the Mer de la Luna.

Pensive grey eyes looked out across the Mer to the horizon soaking up the air. The salty mer, the cooling breeze, all seemed to bring her a bit of calm. She took off her shoes for a moment and let her feet sink into the water, burying her toes in the sand.

Her eyes closed for a moment to let the sun's rays hit her face. Alexandrya wished that every day was like this, but it was not realistic to just sun bathe by the water. She inhaled and exhaled slowly to just savour the peace. No more thoughts of the Blue Parrot, of the Fowls, or of her mother, just Alexandrya. A soft, sigh released with a sweet little smile, her eyes still closed, just a moment longer.

ooc: Any assumptions made with NPCs were with moderator's approval.
Last edited by Alexandrya L`handriel on Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

The Fowl's nest was one big bundle of nerves with the Parrot Parade nearing and construction of the props not even half way there. As their troup's name linked them to anything of a feathery persuasion, they felt compelled to make the parade in full attire, as every yahren before that.

It caused Solange and Faye to work overtime to get the dresses and outfits redone and fitted while the men did their utter best to get the portable stage in order, since the hinges of the hidden opening had been damaged in a fall last winter.

Jonah was more or less admitted back into the Fowls now that everyone knew what Toni had been playing at, yet the fact that he had been judged so rapidly in his absence made it very hard for the scout to feel at home. He spent most of his time tracking down the papertrail leading from Toni to the surmised allies she claimed, reporting back to Solange from time to time.

As fo Alexandrya, his offer that she could still stay at his house was open, that much was clear. Yet if she decided to stay at Solange's boarding house, he was not going to argue. The only thing he insisted upon was having dinner with Alex every evening, if at all possible. If she would ask, he'd talk over it lightly, telling her he needed to make sure the girl took a break from all daily business at least once a day.

He did not ask after her meeting with Motley and Callara, but his curiosity was clear in the loose hints he dropped to open up the conversation.

The morning of the 25th promised more sunshine to come. It was a bit of a tradition, according to Faye, that the Parrot Parade always had sunshine, no matter the days before or after. Yet this yahren the weather was holding up admirably well for over a week now and showed no signs of changing any time soon.

A couple of small fisherman's boats were bobbing up and down the waves of the Mer, trying to get an early catch in. From the seagulls diving down they were at least experiencing some luck. Their cries pierced the morning silence, although somehow at the same time it added to the tranquile atmosphere.

The water tickled her toes, sand mysteriously finding it's way under her toenails and higher up her legs. A little crab scurried away under the slick surface, unnoticed by the winged predators.

The surface waves that touched Alex were soft and warm, soaking up the sun as much as she did, following a rhythm very similar to what Jonah had tried to teach her when the poor girl had fallen into the pit of panick.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The sounds of the Mer calmed her like a soft lullaby as she rolled her head as if to receive a kiss from the sun. A gentle and teasing tilt of her head. Carefully, she opened most of her senses. Alexandrya's sense of touch felt the cooling breeze, the warmth of the sun, the texture of the sand between her toes and legs as well as the Mer swirling around her ankles. Her sense of hearing took in the splashing of the water, the occasional sounds of the seagull's cries, and the heart beat of the Mer caused her body to sway back and forth, from Mer to the shore.

Softly, using the accompaniment of the sounds of the Mer, Alexandrya carried a note and continued humming along with her interpretation of the what she felt...what she heard all around her. A small smile upon her full lips. I need help. Even though I am calm soon there will be a force that will try to consume us all. Her mind whispered as she continued to hum a little tune that she made up just for the Mer to hear.

To command all the elements is the only way to protect this fair city...we need a guardian to assist us or make me strong. Teach me.

She did not expect anyone to heed her call or request, but it helped to pull all of her thoughts into a single stream of conciousness.

Then thoughts wandered to Jonah. She had no idea what to do. Alexandrya wondered what was in store for her and hoped that the former scout was a part of it. Somehow he had become an anchor for her and even if they stayed friends she would always find him very special to her.

Again, she cleared her mind from thoughts of Jonah and the Mer's sounds seemed to pull her back to her humming. Tiny shivers ran down her body as she exhaled.

Magical Mer, hear my plea, send a messanger here to me. She giggled at her silly rhyming words but continued to hum and sway as her lifted her arms bringing a couple of movements along with the music that continued to form in her mind.
Avatar is ©Nairohe, used with permission because she is the awesomest! [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe[/url]
Syra

Post by Syra »

Behind Alexandrya the few houses that had remained from the original fisherman's village were stirring. Children never had a hard time finding anything to do and especially when the weather proved to be this fair, they were impossible to keep inside.

Thus several youngsters of various ages made their way towards the city or the Mer, shouting their excitement about the Parrot Parade and arguing over who would get to carry the Parrot this yahren.

Alexandrya's soft song attracted one of the younger boys, who stood there, listening with a frown before he was pulled away by what had to be his older sister.

"Leave her!" The girl hissed, sounding fearful. "Look at her! She's the Mer! She'll take you if you disturb her and drown you without remorse when you follow her song!" The sentence sounded so much rehearsed that it almost had to be a part of the folk tales parents told their children to stay safely away from the Mer.

The boy stared at his sister, shocked, but followed without saying a word.

Alex was left alone again.

Her plea for help rang out in the duet she sang with the Mer. The waves carried her feelings and brought them back tenfold. Thoughts of Jonah played in the foam that topped them off. His face almost became visible in the patterns the water traced in the sand, then washed away.

Time
lost
time

The song continues. Is it her own voice? It must be, yet how is it possible to hold more than one tone at the same time? It must be. She is still singing. But who is she? The waves move around her in a melancholic dance. She provides the melody, or is it the dance that prompts her song? It is so hard to find which came first once you are stuck in the eternal circle. It is so hard to care when all that comes, goes and comes again. Why worry? Why care?
Why?

Why?

Time
comes
back

The tide had come up during Alexandrya's strange black-out. Instead of dipping her toes, the girl was sitting waist deep in the azure blue water while the last question rang out in silence over the still surface.

Why?

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

While she sang and dance, Alexandrya did not see or hear anything that went on around her. Perhaps at one point she heard a heart beat, then two but just as quickly they moved away too.

Each wave of emotion hit her but not brutally hard as she gave into each wave.

It was as if she was in some sort of trance as she continued to let the Mer take her, to speak with her. Why worry? Why care? The questions splashes over her. Because there are others that are not strong enough to do something. Am I strong enough to worry, to care? Should it stop me? Her own thoughts intermingling wondering where her thoughts started and the Mer's ended.

Time...will not bring back my mother...time just helps to heal the grief or lets it fester...

Then her mind was released and she gasped out as she noticed where she was. What the...how did I get way out here? Shimmery, grey eyes looked about her as Alexandrya's fingertips grazed the crystal blue water, the word, 'why' lingered on her mind as she looked out again to the horizon.

"Because I am weak without..." She replied sadly.

It all did not make sense, but she knew that the Mer was magical in some way. The elements were the answer and to harness all of them will hopefully protect this city from destruction. From Callara...

The Mer pulled her in, as if seducing her or did it want her close? Now she was being silly. Slowly, the actress headed towards the shore to sit for a moment and soak up some of the sun to dry before heading back home.

Fire, earth, air, and water... The sounds of each or however she imagined them danced in her mind. Each as gentle as a feather across skin or as frightening as the blood demon. Each entity so different but yet can be linked, each can cancel one another out if the balance is broken.

Will Gerben help me? She whispered to herself. If she did not seek assistance soon, her head would start to hurt with all the questions and no answers. Will the Mer help me? What of the wielders of Air and Fire? Could it even all be controlled by one...this shaman? Is it Motley? Could it be Motley?

Alexandrya groaned softly, "Okay, no more thinking. It will make you old and too solemn." Then she tried for a smile and again she tried her best to relax by laying back on the shore, her eyes closed as the sun's rays warmed her. Time...
Syra

Post by Syra »

Almost he ran to get her out of the water.
Almost.

Yet the memory of Elaine stopped him. There had been more than one occasion when he'd accidently or purposefully interrupted her meditations and this had not only caused her a significant headache, it usually ended up with him having to nurture some part of his body where her staff had hit out of sheer instinct.

It had been more or less a coincidence to find her here. Jonah had made his daily visit to the guardstation at the gates to make sure he kept tabs on any unexpected people visiting town. Mostly he still worried about the World's Mouth connection. Alex had left a dangerous man there and had even sent out a letter to let people know where she was now. Next to that there was Toni's promise to ruin the Fowls. While her connections in Roque might be a small problem, there still was the elusive uncle she'd talked about during her acting career. Whether he was a real uncle or a sugardaddy, Jonah had never found out. Either way it was worth keeping an eye on.

It made sense to follow from the gates to the Mer. He liked the water. Most of his time he'd lived near water and the beach near the fishermen's village was just about perfect. Of course when those kids had run past him exclaiming vague things about the white-haired spirit of the Mer coming to get them, he'd gambled. There weren't too many people with long white hair around, especially not the kind that could be mistaken for the supposedly beautiful waterfaery. With the village people still carrying a good amount of superstition it might be wise to check whether there were any problems.

And there she was, surrounded by water. Had she been any further in, he'd run out to get her.
But she wasn't.
So he didn't.

Only a flicker later the girl seemed to wake up and made her way back to the beach. This was obviously her private time and Jonah was starting to feel guilty about his eavesdropping. A quick look around assured him that for now there was no trouble about. He could go without feeling he'd leave her in danger.

Then why wasn't he leaving yet?
The man clenched his fists. Something was going on. All his instincts were telling him something was happening. Maybe it was her body language, maybe it was something else. Yet it wasn't right to spy on her like this!

Screw morals. I ain't leaving!

The feeling was too strong to ignore. The scout crouched down near the trees of the village and waited for whatever was happening to show itself.

Meanwhile Alex moved back to the shore, her clothes heavy with water. The blue richness of the Mer dripped onto the sand, forming tiny puddles before being soaked up by the greedy beach.

She relaxed under the growing sun.

time
disappeared

Houses do not exist, but the Mer does. People move in, the village is built. Storms follow, but they will not budge. Blueclad men move towards the water, carrying flowers and gifts. The storms subside and the village grows. More people come, the sun reflecting on their shiny outfits. The gifts are forgotten and storms resume. Boats are lost and people cry their salty tears to share with the Mer. The blue people return with a bird the colour of the Mer. Times are good until the bird disappears after someone falls from the cliffs into the Mer. She shelters this little person, even though she cannot breathe.She lefts the little person up on the waves to fly back to where she belongs. The gift is too great, she cannot accept it. She would not be able to repay it. So off the little person goes, back to the cliffs and the shiny people. Gifts are forgotten, but it is alright, for the little person is always there until the fire takes her away.
Why care when everything changes?
Maybe there should be storms again to remind the people.
Yes.
Maybe there should

Overhead the sun started to disappear behind the clouds drawing in. Jonah squinted his eyes.

Weird. Should be no rain today.

drip

He could not help but grin. Whatever he thought should or should not happen was obviously not relevant for the weather. If Alex wasn't going to get up soon, he was going to go out there anyway. She was wet already, but that didn't mean it was wise to let her sleep in the rain!

drip

drip

time
snaps
back

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The silver-haired Achadhiel allowed the voice to take over. A story building in her mind as she was embraced and carried through the Mer's story. The actress did not move, but tears started to fall in her sadness as the child fell from the cliffs just to be protected by the Mer, only to be destroyed by fire. Angelica? The blue bird again...protected Roque until it disappeared.

Crystalline tears seeped out from under closed lids and slid down across her temple. Roque has been hurt by the one that controls blood. People may forget with time, but still we celebrate the blue bird despite such pain of loss and destruction. More pain from the storms is not needed. I beg you, please grant me your added strength to protect this city and help people understand and love you. I am on a quest to find the ability to connect all of the elements of this world into one. She pleaded silently as she dwelled between prayer and meditation.

Alexandrya was unaware of the droplets that had started to fall from the darkening sky as she concentrated. Please hear my plea. Tell me what I need to do. Even if everything changes, there are patterns. I believe the shiny people call it traditions and beliefs.

Her distress was evident on her face as she frowned with concern, but the Achadhiel's eyes did not open as she continued to speak to whomever spoke in her mind. Please hear my plea.
Syra

Post by Syra »

drip

SPLASH

All of a sudden the clouds broke and unleashed their full load, drenching all those outside in a matter of flickers. The only feeling Alexandrya got from the Mer was a woman scorned, not unlike Toni, yet with more justification. It was as if the water had turned it's back to Alex and the city, refusing to listen to reason at the moment.

Back at the village two men were arguing. "I TOLD you what Hanso saw! And now look! There wasn't supposed to be any rain today! I'm telling you the Merspirit is out for vengeance! We gotta do something!"

They pointed towards the drenched Alex.

Jonah cursed and spurted fowards. "ZANDRA! MOVE it, NOW!" There would be time for explanations later. Now he had to make sure she got out alive before some smartass decided to test her spirit abilities. He had no clue if she could hear him, but he made sure to call her name again before even trying to touch her shoulder.

"Alex! Snap out of it!"

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Alexandrya had the feeling of the Mer like a woman full of contempt for Alex and Roque. A sense of entitlement that the actress could not quite understand. Being as magnificent as the Mer was, why did it need to be respected and worshipped?

It made her heart heavy, sad from the turn of events, but at the same time she did not feel the warmth of the sun anymore which made it all the more miserable. The frown deepened as she felt as if water in the form of droplets falling upon her skin. She felt cold as if she too was cast aside.

The trance was broken and she lay there with her eyes open, startled that the sun was gone and rain fell.

Instantly, Alexandrya sat up as she blinked water off her lashes and saw Jonah running towards her. "Jonah?" Snap out of it?

"What are you doing here? Why has it started to rain? It was such a beautiful day for laying out on the beach." Darkened grey eyes looked at the former scout with concern, "Did something happen back at the house?"

A rush of words spilt out as she hurried onto her feet as she sensed the urgency in Jonah's voice.
Syra

Post by Syra »

"You'll be fine." He grunted over the thundering rain. "Nothing happened and I'd like to keep it that way. Move it, girl. We gotta get you out of here."

He looked over his shoulder to see the men nearing. There was a haste in their pace he didn't like. Clearly they had noticed him taking their quarry away and from the looks of it a little rain was not going to stop them. Their only chance was to get back to a more crowded area or if they overtook them, a pretty damn fast talk.

Ah crap, and if I do the talking, then they might think I'm stealing their prey or something...she'll have to convince them of her mortality herself. Friggin nether, why does this always happen!

And indeed the men were gaining on them fast. There was little choice but to endure the rain for a little longer. Jonah turned to face Alexandrya, his hands on her shoulders as he squinted through the thick drops of water.

"Listen, Zandra, I overheard those guys. They think you're some Mer spirit, especially now that the rains came down. Careful, okay? Just be...just be yourself, I guess. I'm here. Don't worry."

"OI!" Came the cry from behind as one of the three men came panting up to them. "Oi! Where do you think you're going!" That was directed at Jonah more than at Alex.

"Home." Jonah responded as dryly as possible in the torrential rain.

"Nuh-uh, not with that, you ain't!" Came the intelligable answer while the other men caught up.
Last edited by Syra on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

"Some Mer spirit? Rain?" Alexandrya whispered questions at Jonah trying to understand what was going on when the three men that Jonah was probably talking about were upon them.

Her provisational skills kicked in as she took in what Jonah had said. They believe me to be a Mer spirit, because of the rain...and to be careful...be myself? What exactly is that?

When all the men caught up with Alexandrya, she heard one of the men call her a that. A THAT?

Her face changed from worry to anger. It was her best Toni impression. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT?" She stomped over to the man, everyone equally wet, her eyes narrowing. "DO I LOOK LIKE A THAT?" Her arms swung upwards as her fingers pointed down her figure.

If anything she was looking like a woman scorned. "Is this how the men of Roque greet and treat women?" Her voice almost getting to as shrill as she remembered Toni's to get when the woman was upset about something trivial.

"I wanted a relaxing moment at the shore of the Mer, and then I get rained on, RAINED ON!! Do you see my dress? My lovely dress..." Water...or tears intermingled as continued with her tantrum. "Did one of YOU make it rain?" She glared at them, a woman unfringed and very unhappy. "What are you doing here and why are you bothering me? JONAH, I WANT TO GO HOME..." Her voice went icy as she continued to glare at the three that dared to stop her from seeking dry shelter. "...NOW!" Instead of speaking the last command loudly, it became a short, growl. A foot stomp was added for effect.

Her slender arm was still resting close to Jonah's arm and she tried to look as regal as one could within a downpour. Hopefully, she would be able to scare the men in a different direction. No Mer spirit here, just a woman scorned at the sudden rain, and the break in her relaxation. The next action was up to the three men, but there was tension that they started and she escalated. It was almost as if she dared one of them to stop her from finding warmth. She hoped that one of them or all of them were married to a shrew and knew exactly what would happen next.

Hopefully, even Jonah bought her performance as a great Toni impersonation. All that was needed is probably some props, but she was on her guard just in case things went out of control.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Jonah shot her a warning glance as the men neared within hearing range. When Alex' face suddenly contorted in anger his eyebrows shot up in sheer surprise. As she flailed her arms and used her voice the scout wasn't so sure she was faking it, yet as soon as she touched upon Toni's intonation, relief washed through him.

The men in front of her were not so lucky. They had no clue what wrath they had just invoked over themselves and by now not just one was thinking they would have been better off if she HAD been the Mer spirit!

"I...uhh..." Tried the tallest of the three, trying to fashion his ponytail in the soaking rain. "No ma'am, you don't...look...um...." His eyes were drawn to the dress that clung to her female assets...and stayed there.

The other two exchanged looks in horror. Jonah caught the eyes of the blond man and shrugged, making a few silent motions that implied he was gonna get it at home. Rolling his eyes and shaking his head while he shuffled his feet finished off his part in this little performance.

"No no, I can't make it rain! No one can! It's just...the Mer...the weather..yeah...oh geez." He looked back for help at the others, who threw up their hands in defense. "Great..."

"JONAH, I WANT TO GO HOME...NOW!"

Jonah winced and pulled off his cloak in a half attempt to shield Alex from the rain. "Yes dear." He mumbled, shooting back an apologetic glance at the three men who by now did not know where to look.

"Jonah?" The rustyhaired one frowned. "Bannon? From..."

This time the scout did cringe. "For fuck's sake, not now..." He mumbled, but turned with a confident grin. Quickly he interrupted before the men could draw any other conclusions than the innocent one: "Yes, from the Flightless Waterfowls, at your service!" A beautiful bow later he regretted the motion as the rain got free access to his collar.

There was a moment of tense silence. Placing his hands on his lower back in a typical pose the men might not notice Jonah was actually going for the thin dagger stashed away under his shirt. Only Alex might pick up on it.

"The Fowls....ah crap! Marty! We've been had! These are the Fowls! Where's the rest then, eh? Water spirit, haha! What a joke! It's the Fowls!" The man slapped the others on the shoulder, clearly relieved that perhaps the righteous anger had not been directed at them. "So sorry for disturbing you then. Yeah, was very convincing, wow. Heh, I'd be sweating if it wasn't raining!"

Tension broke. Jonah kept up the smile, although it was faltering at the edges as he brought his hands back up front. "Yes yes, you know us, always in for a little new edge. So, you liked it? It was convincing?"

"Nether, yes! But hey, you ain't fit to be under one woman's thumb, Bannon. Better leave that to others or you give it away just like you did now."

"Yeah well, admit she did a splendid job, eh?" Jonah pulled Alex closer, holding her amicably as he would a collegue. "Our treasure, she is Come see us at the Parade, won't you?"

"Yea yea, you can be sure of that! The Fowls...hah, I'm gonna have a word with those kids...Geez...Well, go off before you catch a cold!"

And with that Jonah and Alex were left to their own devices. "And for once I'm gonna do what he says. Come on. Let's get you out of here." He grumbled, practically grabbing the girl.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The aspiring actress must admit that it was her best performance yet. The four men seem to be eating up her act and Jonah as expected rushed on in as the courageous martyr that had to tame the shrew.

Expecting them to get away, Alexandrya prepared to leave when the rusty haired man repeated Jonah's name as if he recognised her companion. From... THe last words did not make themselves known as she heard Jonah's comment then just as loudly his interjection. A slight dip herself as she then took his cues.

During that tense moment, grey eyes watched the three and felt Jonah shift, sensitive to him, she also noticed him going for something causing her breathing to falter a little.

It was when the men sprang back into action from recognition did she sigh softly with relief, especially when Jonah started to relax and fall into another friendly stride. What would he had done if they did not believe who we were? Was it because of who they thought I was or what Jonah is? These thoughts caused her to realise that she did not know much of her companion's past and again that day when they first met jumped back into her mind.

Again another hint of the type of man "Bannon" is. The silver-haired achadhiel managed a bashful smile and even blushed for the three men present despite her wet presence. Alexandrya accepted the hug and chuckled, her voice much more different now even presented a soft chuckle. "My apologies sirs." A small curtsy was also presented. "The unexpected rain fall did ruin my small moment of peace and it was the first persona I recalled from a bit that Jonah and I had acted out a couple of days ago."

There was only relief when the three men sent them off and they themselves took off. Jonah was now the one in the foul mood it seemed as he grumbled and grabbed her arm, pulling her along.

"Jonah, slow down, please!" She tried to catch up to his strides as they quickly made it away from the the Mer and the shore. "You are going to pull my arm out of its socket."

Her voice was stressed but nothing more was said about the incident or her thoughts which she was reserving for Jonah until they arrived to wherever the former scout was taking them.
Syra

Post by Syra »

The former scout looked back over his shoulder. The men seemed to be content, moving back to their respective houses. "Sorry." He mumbled and let go of Alex' arm. "Let's just get some distance in, hm? And I doubt you're that fragile, but alright."

He slowed down a notch, giving the girl a chance to walk at her own pace. They were soaked anyway. There was not much point in trying to make it to a shelter other than the comfortable home where there might be a warm bath and dry clothes.

"Good performance. Very nice. Toni at her best, I'd say. Well, at her best tempers, not at her best performance. A persona we've been practicing...heh, yeah...at least life is never boring." He grinned.

It took too long to get to the safety of Jonah's home. Once inside the man took a few big strides inside and grabbed a blanket. "Here. Dry yourself off. Don't catch a cold. Ain't summer yet."

If the girl allowed it, he folded the blanket around her, rubbing her back with firm movements. "I'll get a bath started. Don't worry, I'll await my turn. Been in more than one shower in my life." Another roguish grin before he let go to warm up the water.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Jonah was right, but it was meant to get him out of whatever thought that was setting his mood. Well, it did not do enough but it at least got him to speak to her as well as slow down.

The girl calmed a bit more as he complimented her and grinned feeling that everything was back to normal. She in turn smiled along with him, "I never knew it could be so exhausting. I do not know why anyone wants to be purposely unpleasant."

When they finally reached the warmth of the indoors and Jonah handed her a blanket, she shivered into it and sighed softly. "That rain was quite unexpected. I did not see a cloud in the sky." She murmured as she dried herself off.

"I do not plan on getting a cold, or Solange will have my head. She has been rather...stressed lately, more than usual." Alexandrya pretended to be more engrossed with drying herself off with Jonah's help and nonchalantly lay the observation out there to see if Jonah would give her anything.

Of course, it was kind of difficult to think about anything except Jonah in such close proximity but there was still that concern and curiosity back at the beach. She nodded as he mentioned about a bath and that grin almost made her hesitate. "Jonah..." Her hand tried to grab for his arm before he left to draw a bath for her.

She would be ready to hold him there or start following him, but he will not get away this time. "What was that man from the beach going to say you were from?" Alexandrya fully expected that he was going to evade the question, but she was determined this time while everything was fresh in her mind, as well as their first meeting. It was time to know more, more of Jonah's past and how it intertwined with her own.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Jonah made a face when she mentioned Solange. It had truly gotten to him that she'd believe him capable of leaving without a word and these few days had not been quite enough to smooth over their irritations.

The man realized he had been stupid to trust Toni with his message, yet there had still been the lingering doubt about Alex' true motives around that time -something that had been quenched after their last talk. Besides that a part of him had hoped that he had at least proven himself enough to the Fowls' leader to surpass this particular test.

Obviously not.

The former scout was still not sure whether he wanted to return to the Fowls or not. For now he contented himself with running errands and trying to figure out what the vindictive little diva was up to. It was a little too much to just keep up the happy act when he faced an entire group that had been willing to dismiss him just like that.

"Well, if it's any comfort, I should be used to predicting rain up to a certain extent and this one blew me away. No clue what happened there. It just came up from the Mer. Weird water."

Alex' hand caught his sleeve. He turned with a frown. When the question came out, his eyes sought hers.

A pause.
A breath.
A heartbeat.

Damnit, her hair smells nice.

"Sometimes people keep silent to protect themselves. Sometimes to protect others. Sometimes people talking would upset a balance that was carefully crafted."

What the nether am I talking about? What balance? For all they care I can just leave Roque already. Fuck the Fowls. There is no future here. Nice try, no dice.

"The guy back in the village has either moved house or he's the twin to someone I knew back in the Mouth. Unfinished business. Better he know me as an actor than as anything else. Shall we leave it at that?"

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Bitterness? I would still be pretty hurt if friends believed me to be a deserter. Of course, it did look bad for him. Leaving word with Toni did not help either. I was the one having to listen to the girl whining and crying constantly when someone was around to listen and sympathize. After awhile, it got tiresome for me and eventually I could see through her facade and avoided her like the plague. Still, the Fowls knew Jonah far longer than I have and he did not seem to be the type to kiss and run out on anyone for another woman no matter if she was the love of his life.

"Weird water?"

Jonah's words tumbled down her spine causing her to shiver. The Mer spoke to me. How could she really explain something so odd to Jonah.

It was difficult to see Jonah frown, he was doing that a lot more often since his return to the Fowls. Even when he pretended to be unphased by the turn of events and smiling, she often had a feeling that it might just be a mask. He had seemed more pensive as well but never really shared any deep thoughts of what was bothering him or occupying his mind, just talks of the weather, of work (safe subjects), and getting ready for the festival.

Her unblinking grey eyes met Jonah's and she instinctively drew closer to him for warmth as he spoke to her. Words...backpedaling?

"Jonah, our friendship is based on trust correct? I have told you all of who I am, and what I need to do. You knew Carmelo, and I still remember your reaction that first day we met when you learned of where I was from. It was as if you have condemned me, always at arms' length until you knew more of me."

Her head tilted upwards as she wrapped her arms around his waist so the former scout would not run away, "What is in your past that you are afraid of?" Her fingertips ran up his spine to project her warmth and help dry his back then clasped her hands together as she murmured, "Please do not run, because I know you would not let me do it. If our friendship is to grow stronger, I need to be able to protect you as you try to protect me."

Her voice was soft, her eyes filled with worry and pleading. Would you deny me? Would you leave me to hide your past? Her mind whispered wondering if he could hear what she thought as Motley seemed to the occasions where they greeted each other at a distance.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Jonah mistook the shiver for something else. "You're getting too cold." He mumbled, rubbing her back again with firm movements. She seemed to agree as she moved in closer, even putting her arms around him.

"Carmelo." He repeated. "I told you before, little one, that I can hardly go around scoffing the people you seem to like so much. What I can do is ask you if the guy ever took any effort to contact you, to find you...you told me he cared, hm? So what are your feelings for him by now. What does your instinct tell you?"

Run? She still thinks I'd run? Fine impression I've left.

"I left the Mouth to avoid further problems. I did not run." He felt compelled to point out. "Carmelo is not someone to take defeat lightly. There's always a chance he'll want to round this off. These are not fears, but facts."

He wiped a strand of hair from her face. "Protect me?" The man smiled, the frown still on his face. Her hands went up and down his spine, causing a pleasant shiver. Jonah took a deep breath. "You're right. I would not let you do it. Neither would I let you do whatever I thought you came here to do for Carmelo. Clearly I was wrong in assuming you came here with a purpose."

The former lifted her chin with a finger. "Neither do I know the purpose with which you've stayed here, despite your life being in the Mouth. I've tried to get you started here, but clearly you do not need me for that. You're doing quite well in defeating threats and people already." His brown eyes stared straight into hers.

It's true, she hardly needs a saviour. Nether! For all you know she's still infatuated with that blimmin murderer in the Mouth. But then she wouldn't have stayed here, hm? And Carmelo messed up. He should have tried to contact her. So unless she's much more dangerous than I thought...nah, I'm not interesting enough to build a long term plot around. And you saw her. You heard her speak. Her story. She was honest, hurt.
Vulnerable.
Heh.

"So where are you going from here, missy? Next to taking a bath, that is." He grinned, trying to get a hold of his thoughts. "Speaking of which, you'll have to let go of me if you want that water to warm up."
Last edited by Syra on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

The silver-haired achadhiel let Jonah take care of her even if it was for a moment. She enjoyed the warmth he gave off, his hands rubbing her back helped to alleviate any chills she would have had due to the downpour. Their close proximity just seemed to make her skin feel as if she was giving off steam.

Her slender fingertips slid up to his face, cupping his chin, her clear grey eyes looking into his. "Jonah..." No more lies right? "Carmelo is not anyone significant. I met him as a favor for Simma. He needed sponsors for his play and asked me to go and have dinner with him. I do not even know entirely what Carmelo does, and especially his connection with you." She studied his face, her fingers gently caressing his skin. "I do not expect him to contact me, he cared because he found me beautiful I suppose, and talented? Who actually knows what the man was thinking. I have no feelings for a man I barely met, and my instincts tell me that he probably could not be trusted...but you have a story to tell, and would rather not talk about it because you believe him to be my friend...or more? I want you to open my eyes. I do not wish to be naive, but if you shield me by omitting the truth, then what would I have to compare my own experiences to?"

Her hands dropped to her sides as she listened to his words, and she had a feeling it was another attempt to negotiate with her down a path of caution, but again, he was talking from some experience in the past, but not enough to make her understand what Carmelo did to him. "Please Jonah." She pleaded with him. "I do not understand why you believe him to be defeated? Do you feel that I had run away from him, that I am not his property because he had desired me? Do you think he is jealous and frantically looking for me to kill me?" Confusion was clearly written across her face as well as curiosity. "What kind of man is he and how do you know him?"

When he wiped a strand of hair, her eyes were studying his own eyes. The smile that didn't quite reach his eyes, the frown still on his face. Again, the same puzzlement from his choice of words. What does he think that Carmelo would send her to do? Jonah, what are you assuming, and what purpose?

Before her thoughts could be blurted out, his own finger lifted her chin to ensure that she did not yell and scream or sock him in the stomach for talking circles around her. "Even if..." She hesitated as his eyes met hers and she could not look away. Instead, she started her sentence again a bit more slowly. "Even if I can take care of myself, it does not mean I do not need you." Her words were soft which thankfully (she hoped) hid the tremor in her voice.

He is changing the subject! Her mind screamed and gave her a mental jolt which sort of woke her up from a trance. "Going from here?" She blinked a couple of times and that slow moving moment rushed forward like a full moon's tide ready to knock her over. Then shook her head and held onto Jonah midsection a bit tighter. "Never..." This is not over yet. Her face buried against his chest. "Jonah." Her words muffled. You are stupid. You are stupid and I am smart enough to know how I feel about you, but you will just laugh casually and turn it into nothing, or worse a joke. Just friends...is that enough to keep you around?

She bit back the words she really wanted to say and came out with, "I am sorry. We should get into drier clothes." She failed this time and she will be the first to admit it, but the clothes were starting to stick to her skin very inappropriately, and if it was anyone else, but Jonah, she might have already been seduced. Note to self...work on feminine wiles, not very good at gathering information, try again when warm again...
Last edited by Alexandrya L`handriel on Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Every touch sent jolts through his body. It was becoming increasingly hard to keep to his plans to just send the girl to a bath and be done with it. And now she was going on about Carmelo, basically giving him a free pass to completely turn the tables on that man!

Alright...she doesn't particularly feel for the man. Sounds like good old Carm just tried to charm her pants of and use her afterwards in his insane schemes. Bloody bastard. Because she's beautiful. Heh. Okay, gotta give him that, he's got an eye for it.

"Easy, little one, easy." He tried to hush her frantic words. Something in his story got her riled up alright. "I am pretty sure that your arrival here was an accident, judging from the style in which you arrived -which I still have to figure out, by the way. Can't have that happen again.

So she wants the full story. Whew. Not a pretty one.

"Fine, fine..." Yet before he could even try the girl's mind wandered on, stating a few things that surprised even the trained scout.

She needs me? What the...

His heart was beating faster when she put her head against his chest. It was so hard to not just put his arms around her and forget about the rest.

"Never" Alex mumbled, hugging him tight after he mentioned her having to let go. He took a deep breath, feeling her entire form pressed against his own.

Oof...this is gonna be interesting. Come on, pull yourself together. The girl is cold and tired. She's right. Warmth and dry clothes.

Whatever might have happened if he'd stood there for a moment later was lost when Alex made up her mind. Something she had wanted to say got stuck between them, breaking the moment.

"Right. Let's get you warmed up and then we'll talk, hm? Seems to me we both have a little story to tell." Reluctantly he let go, very much aware of her sweet smell and of the fact that he let a possible interesting moment slip.

Yea, like she is interested in that at the moment. She wants information, bub.

It took a while to draw the bath and while Jonah waited for the girl to have her turn he got rid of his wet clothes and dried off, throwing on the other pair of pants he had lying around while searching in vain for the rest of his shirts.

Once she came down he settled for slinging the towel over his shoulders and patted on the couch. "Right. Story time." The man made sure to keep his voice light as not to push her further down.
Last edited by Syra on Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Alexandrya could not forget how she had arrived in Roque, to have several days missing from your life and only a strong adversion to the color pink. Of course, she also could not forget the outfit that she was in when she got dumped in Roque.

Could Carmelo had put her in such an outfit?

With her ear pressed against his chest, she heard his strong heart beat, remembering a time that it had calmed her. Thump thump thump...

When Alexandrya finally released Jonah, it was with reluctance as well. They finally came to the conclusion to get cleaned up and warmed up was first priority and then hopefully they will try again.

After a glorious bath, the achadhiel put on a modest dress of blue that accentuated and lightened her eyes to almost looking blue as well. Her hair being dried in a towel, she headed back down to where Jonah was and hesitated as she took in the former scout's appearance.

Curious eyes slid over Jonah's body and she had this strange idea of biting his shoulder again to see what sort of reaction he would give but refrained. Once was enough. Of course, she had the same idea of licking the nape of his neck... Stop it already!

She exhaled and gave a little smile as she wrapped her hair up in the towel and sat in the spot that was patted by her companion. "Story time." She murmured after him as made herself comfortable and tucked her slender legs underneath her. What a cozy little picture...all we need is a cup of tea to warm our bones. "I am ready when you are." She spoke and instead of blurting out nonsense like a crazy woman, she paused and let Jonah tell his story.
Syra

Post by Syra »

By the time Alexandrya was done bathing Jonah had managed to calm himself. Not in the least disturbed by the fact that the girl was looking him over he used that moment to take in the picture she presented.

Blue.
Nice.
Elaine hates blue. Heh. For a blind gal she sure has her opinions about colour. Must have been Leila's doing.

Thinking about his cousin got his temper up. There had been too many times people had treated her like some witless girl. For some reason her lack of eyesight was a free pass to just do as they wanted to.

Including Carmelo.

Elaine had never known what had truly happened, yet now the man was about to tell this other Achadhiel woman. He wondered in vain whether Alex would ever get the chance to reveal it to his cousin.

Jonah grabbed both ends of the towel with his hands and tensed his muscles, using the movement to get rid of some of his anger.

At least Alex sat down without making a fuss. By now he was expecting a comment on just about anything he'd feel. It had been hard enough for Elaine to seperate her own thoughts from others, he truly wondered if this girl had already managed to make that distinction. It was going to be up to him to make sure she did not get overwhelmed with his emotions.

"Storytime." He sat down on a single chair to the side. "Need a drink or something?" If wished for he produced some of the tea that had been boiling while she took a bath.

"Carmelo. A fine piece of work. My partner." Jonah started, leaning back. "Nathan, my father, he's a smith in the Mouth. Good man. Strong hands." He grinned, remembering all the times those hands had smacked him for another bit of mischief. "I used to do odd jobs for him in between travels until Carmelo came along. He was an old friend of mine, used to travel a bit together. He decided to set up business at some point and wanted my help in making it work."

Jonah spread his arms. "Nothing wrong with that. Well, a true entrepreneur, that man. Anything he touches turns to gold. So, good times ahead. He did the organising, I did the travel. Getting new goods to the Mouth, setting up deals."

"Then Elaine came to visit." His eyes darkened. "My cousin. She was having a hard time in town while hearing thoughts she did not want to know about. Dad taught her a lot. Enough not to go mad, practical man that he is. I helped. I watched. Wanted to know for sure I could jump in when necessary. We spent marks on end on the water, slowly closing in to the shore to help her get used to it, to help her to focus. Heh."

It wasn't such a bad memory. He'd loved to help her and felt good protecting her, even when she'd landed a blow between his legs when he insisted he could teach her another use of that staff.

Hahah, so much for arrogance!

Fondness

"Carmelo comes around, meets her and decides he wants to take her out to dinner. No big deal, right? But when Elaine gets back, she tells me a few things about his plans. He was the perfect gentleman, don't worry. He didn't lay a hand on her. Too bad she heard the underlying thoughts. He wanted her for a trophy wife, he, Carmelo the big do-gooder, marrying a blind girl when he could get so much better , an directly related to the best smith in the Mouth...nice addition to uppen his profits."

Anger
Worry

The former scout spit out those last words. "As if there's anyone better than her! But well, it happens. I was an idiot and went out to tell him where to stuff it. He called me out for witchcraft of course, since there was no way I could have known of his plans otherwise. Then he figured out it had to have been my cousin. He nearly got her lynched, Alex. That bastard wanted her dead to save his own face. She never knew. I got her shipped off in time. Then he turned on me and my father. Now, Nathan is a respected man and no one will ever mess with him. Heh, he's the kind of man that people don't want to get angry. So there was only one person left to deal with."

Confidence
Determination

He pointed to himself. "Me. Turns out he'd been promising things to the wrong kind of people, to make it happen, to use my father as in law to provide the materials. Dad refused to get involved in shady deals. Carm blamed me for his entire set up failing and decided that without me in the picture life would be easier. Yeah, I threatened to expose him. Not the smartest thing, I know. But hey, he was messing with my family!" Jonah sounded indignant.

Cold anger

"Decided to go travelling a bit, keep his attention enough for him to know where I was so he'd leave Nathan and Elaine alone and focus on me. Been dodging some of his people for the last yahren or so, until I found a nice spot here in Roque. Decided to keep quiet.
Then you show up out of nowhere, right in front of me.
From the Mouth.
Knowing Carmelo."

Worry
Anticipation

The man looked at her, a strange mixture of emotions in his eyes. "And that's why I had to make sure you were who you said you were. I apologize for thinking what I thought. But Carmelo is a sleazebag with no regard for anyone but himself. There. Doesn't that sound nice and childish?" Despite the intensity of his story he had to grin. His last chosen words really didn't sound very mature.

He fell silent to see her reactions. If he guessed wrong, he was going to be a dead man, his scouting background whispered. Yet another part of him was arrogant enough to believe that she would not just attack him, not after what had happened the other day.
Last edited by Syra on Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

Alexandrya was pleasantly surprised when Jonah offered tea and really settled down when he finally got a cup for her. She clutched it in her hands as he prepared to tell his story.

Eyes were on Jonah as he started. Her expression conveyed that she was listening to every word. Different emotions from Jonah were woven into his story causing it to become more interactive for her. It was when he became angry that only a slight gasp escaped but still she remained silent as she listened. Instead of showing any emotion, she thought of his emotions channeling through her to feel what he felt...what he was feeling.

Carmelo's picture was painted in her mind, and with each word from the former scout, her own realization hit. He was trying to marry me, but why, he does not even know who I am, who my parents are, how would the man have tried to use me? She sipped her tea and when she noticed her hands trembling she placed the cup on the table.

She could now understand why Jonah acted so irrationally when Carmelo's name was mentioned. Alexandrya would have probably figured out some way to kill Carmelo if he went after a family member, and at the same time, with her special abilities would he not string her up as a witch when he was finished with her? Another chill went down her spine. I almost ended up living with the man. Glad I was not too rash about my decision. Marriage indeed, no man meets a woman and proposes to her in the same evening...

The silver-haired achadhiel purposely kept her expression stoic as her mind whirled about. She was angry because she almost fell into some trap of being used by a man that leaned upon her weakness. Her softness. Her brow was creased as her expression changed as if she was going to be physically sick, and she covered her hands over her mouth in case her breakfast decided to revisit her.

If Jonah made any move to get closer to her, she would push a hand forward to convey that she would be all right. After a few moments, she looked at him, once her emotions were in check. "Carmelo tried to propose to me. I never understood why he would really push it, and I remember another figure, his name...his name was Shadinow, I believe who told me to run." She shook her head trying to clear it of cobwebs. "I remember going to Carmelo's home. He was trying to convince me that he would protect me, and be my guardian and hopefully I would trust him enough to become his wife, or something." Her frown deepened. "I almost fell for it until this strange man broke in. He was screaming, then I was screaming and all went black for me."

Slender fingers rubbed her temples, but she continued, "But then I think I dreamt, had some horrifying experience and next thing I remember is you and Ray both trying to fit me in the play and then again nothing. I was not even wearing the same outfit I was wearing when I went to see Carmelo. I had never seen that dress you cut off of me before in my life. It was a World's Mouth design, but I am pretty sure it was not anything I had picked out. It has been quite some time, perhaps he had forgotten about us?" Another one to watch out for...

The actress did not try going for her cup of tea else it would give away her unsteady hands, instead she sighed softly and gave a small smile. "Well whomever that man was that broke in, I am here now, and safe...for the most part. Although, Roque has troubles of its own that I am concerned about." She had no idea what Jonah wanted to know, or how much he would understand, but she did not continue on until she got some sort of confirmation from him.
Syra

Post by Syra »

Jonah listened to the last pieces being fitted into the nasty picture Carmelo presented. From the sound of it he had tried the exact same set up with Alexandrya, yet it made him wonder what the man would stand to gain from what Jonah knew about Alex' background. It did not make any sense. Had he intended to use the girl for something else? What kind of business was he in, exactly? What materials had he been after?

Did I misread?
Promising materials.
Did he mean dad's work.
Or Elaine...

The man clenched his fists, his eyes clouding over.

Easy...don't scare her...geez man, get a grip. Breathe!

Taking a deep breath the former scout released his hands. He got up from the chair and moved towards Alex. Sitting down in front of her he looked up. "Alex...I have to know this now. What exactly did you write to that friend of yours? How many letters did you send of? What did you get back in return? Did you mention my name?"

Even before she answered he got up again, pacing around the room. "If he figures this out, there might be trouble. He knows you're not an idiot, he knows I'm not. Sorry to upset you, Alex, but this story is starting to sound darker with every turn. I'd be a fool if I tried to deny you are a beautiful and intriguing appearance, but I sincerely doubt any man would marry you immediately just for that. No offense meant."

He looked at the young woman. "So what was he after, should be the next question. From what you told me about your family that can't have anything to do with it. Yet the setup sounds exactly the same. So now the question comes...once he figured out Elaine was on to him, did he change the outward story? What trade is he in, eh? Makes you wonder after he tries to marry girl after girl when just meeting them..."

He left the conclusion hanging in the air.

[/size]
Alexandrya L`handriel
Tazlure Supporter

A soft gasp escaped her lips, more from Jonah's growing emotions pulsing as strong as a heart beat. As he asked his question, the frown on her forehead creased in thought as well as concern. "I sent only two letters. I had no desire to go back but all of my possessions were in Carmelo's home. I-I do not know what Master Simma had done for my sake. I said I was safe but in a strange land that could not be recognised, which was true. I told him that unfortunately due to sick family I was forced to leave quickly, which was not, and to be cautious of Carmelo who at the time still confused me with his motives.

"I told him that a messanger had stated that the place I was in was called Roque, but I would eventually have to move on to catch up to family and to get as much of my possessions as well as what pay was owed to me if he could forgive me for running out, which is what it probably looked like after my kidnapping. He wrote back twice, once was the angry and concerned letter of a fatherly type but miffed that my understudy had to go on instead of me, but then he stated that he would do what he could to fulfill my request. Then the second letter was for more information and how long I would be in Roque. I would imagine it was concern for my welfare. I sent him one letter back that the packages were received and I would have to leave this day to a place called Sabata. I heard someone mention it awhile back and thought it sounded exotic and far enough away that I would not be bothered."

As she spoke, she watched Jonah pace, then watched and listened as he thought aloud. Of course, his compliment was immediately dashed by his logic. Alexandrya really had no reason to be angry, she herself felt that it was all too fast and uncomfortable. "Not that I am skilled in any way, but when I went to go pick up my packages, the post did not seem to care too much. Just some clothes, and items that my mother had given me." Slender fingers started to play with the silver pendant that she always wore, an emblem of a crescent moon with a star nestled within it. The vines of a rose curled around the moon, a habit that was ever present when she was nervous and in thought.

A frown creased deeper as he spoke of her family. "My mother is dead and my father...well I do not know my father very well. I know he was an important man in another country but what would that have to do with anything? My father wasn't a tradesman, I know that much, he was more of a scholar but...I do not know." Jonah was trying to help her piece all the pieces but it was just making the achadhiel upset. She honestly had no idea and was even more angry that her mother kidnapped her, did not tell her much of life except what she thought fit, and not much of her father even though she was old enough to know he was a very important man amongst the adhiel. Is that not why her mother seduced him? "I was an accident."

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt Archive”