OOC: Upcoming Synch Event!

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Tristam

OOC: Upcoming Synch Event!

Post by Tristam »

Ah yes, it's that time again!

The new Caesar will be crowned on the 25th, which sets a new synch date. To get everyone up to speed and perhaps meeting each other at some point, I suggest people round off old threads at leisure, fudge the days they are missing and start anew at the 25th for more magic and mayhem!

Feel free to bombard me with questions if you have any. :) Also feel free to assume small things to make your missed days feasible. If you need more information, let me know.

-- Tristam
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Hello all.

To make this transition into to the new Synch date as smooth as possible, I would request the following things be sent to me in a PM.

1) A list of any threads that you absolutely must play out in full before you feel comfortable moving on to the 25th and what you want to accomplish in those threads.

2) A summary of what your character does between their last thread and the 25th.

3) An idea of what kind of thread you expect to start with on the 25th.

This should make sure we are all on the same page so that we can all move forward smoothly without losing any scenes of importance. If your steps 2 and 3 require knowing how step 1 one ends, just get me your question 1 answers and we'll go from there.

Thanks.

Tristam
Last edited by Tristam on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Only one thread Gavin really, really, really needs to play through and it is the Back where it all Started and then just part of it. Part where he meets Vaga Hex and I simply refuse to summarize that bit.

Now, regarding the rest.

1. Meeting Stweard of Dort Dein is Mein and talking to him. Informing him of Gavin's knowledge that he was serving the demon and looking for clues whether he is recovered from it.

The Steward admits to having been possessed by the Prorubria through the ring he wore, which shattered upon the moment of her death. He also admits to watching when the demon took on the face of Vaga Hex and appeared to Gavin, Syrawenn, Amber, Abner and Gwayne in a "dream". He seems gentler than he was before - no less shrewd, but worn and tired and wracked by guilt. He confirms Gavin and Abner's status as the "Duke's Men".

2. Meet K'Mith and ask her about accessing her library. Even if he is refused he will still sneak in through the secret passages he discovered along with Abner. He wants to search the book for material on old times and ancient rituals that could be linked to the stones. Anything that could be linked with their current plot.

K'Mith agrees to allowing Gavin access to her library. The ghost of the girl Amber has disappeared - the last evidence of her presence were the shelves disturbed during Gavin's last visit, including a tome titled Elemental variations caused by tempestuous energies and geographical irregularities within the Seven Isles.

There are no books pertaining to the ancient rituals of Dort. These were donated to the library at the Abbey for transcription a decade ago, and were never returned.

3. Talk to Duchess herself and discover if she known anything and if she can offer any assistance. Not truly important, but worth a shot.

Erwin mentioned something to K'Mith about stones and dying lands and backward superstitions when he came back from the Clanmeeting.

Even though it is early in the season, several reports are emerging about a mysterious disease is afflicting almost all species of plants around the Isle, and that the harvest is expected to be poor this year. In the next few days, the Dortenese government will begin preparing for a crop failure. The Duchess agrees to confirm if this disease is actually being caused by a weakening in the energies of the Isle, and if anything can be done about it.

That's about it. The rest will be played out IC, since I kinda do not like summaries that much and prefer to play things out IC.

Okay. I'm making a few assumptions here about what Gavin and Syrawenn talked to K'Mith about. If there's anything else you want to cover, we'll handle it IC at a later date ~Turi
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Eivlys
Civus

Post by Eivlys »

After Amber and Gwayne went to bed on the night of the 23, she slips over to sing for the egg.

Having spent the day as a swan she then was given her time to be human at night. She had dinner with Amber and Gwayne, she spent a little more time with them, and some time writing some letters. One to Davhe and another to the Lady Madga, she put down a small poem as well as the notes for the song it went with, a nice thank you for the room she got to sleep in, she also asked if perhaps she could meet her again sometime. To Dahve she asked him how all things were, and caught him up on all that was happening with her. She also asked him if he was to be singing and needed any help.

Once Gwayne and Amber looked done for the night she slipped over to the manner to sing for the egg. She spends the dark lonely hours of the morning crooning for the small creature. Come morning she changes to a swan at her home and she and the child make their way to the pond to spend the 25th as a swan.

Magda thanks Eivlys for the poem and invites her to drop by the House of Theatre at any time. Dahve Bower replies that he will be leaving Dort for a while, but there will be a farewell performance at the Drunken Duck on the 27th and she is welcome to join him.

The vault containing the egg and several other Eventree treasures is watched at all times by the estate's most trusted guards, who frisk Eivlys thoroughly, diligently, and enthusiastically every time she enters and leaves (although they are careful not to do anything she would complain to the boss about). The egg does not move again. There is a hairline crack across its surface that Eivlys doesn't remember seeing before.
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Okies, I've responded to the submitted summaries. Gwayne, Abner, Reim? No rush, but I haven't heard from you guys.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “Dort Archive”