Coronation Ceremony (Chyril 25th Early ET)

Moderator: Mods

Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir led Fialessa over close to Noland, taking a very relaxed view while waiting for the Caesar to arrive. He obeyed the proper customs as Andolin arrived in usual manner. It was rather droll and uninterested to the priest, yet he pretended to be drawn to the rare spectacle. After all how often is a Caesar crowned....well a bit too often these days, but still quite a spectacle. He had no love for the man wearing the crown, still wishing the honor had gone to Ulder, who seemed more friendly towards Vanir. Andolin might suit panlings better than the straight-laced former Captain, but Ulder was much closer to being a friend and did not consider Vanir a threat.

The panling stood in silence as he observed the rituals, keeping his red-haired lover on his arm for now. When the formalities were over, he would suggest Fialessa make her way towards the Caesar, hoping to win him to their cause with her charms, while he worked on allies more in his line. He cast his eyes around the garden, first towards his dark-skinned cousins, hoping to steal a moment to learn more of them. Then towards Isis, hoping to catch her eye for moment for a quick grin and wink, knowing her curiosity would make her follow on it. There were many conversations to be had this night and he planned to do all in his power to aid his people.
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Keaira Morgandy »

"I am Penth by the way..."

Keaira's eyelashes fluttered a visible sign of her confusion, though she was swift to disguise it with a wide, dazzling smile. So, she didn't know him. That made matters a bit easier. Yet when Penth spoke of difficulties with the guards, Keaira felt an uncharacteristic streak of resentment pierce through her heart. She was...agitated. How strange. But how ridiculous of him to say such a thing! She'd glided past them without so much as a breath of trouble, looking so stunning in her attire and with such a noble air about her. Trouble with the guards -- hah!

Yet she was a creature of complacency, and outwardly she merely nodded at his explanation, smiling sweetly. It was time to answer now, yes? And she was Tigre tonight. Unbeknownst to her, this was becoming true both in name and temperament.

"I am Tigre: dancer at heart, yet skilled and titled in many other ways." A playful wink followed that statement. She denied any disorientation. "It's a bit tiresome, playing at politics." Keaira made it sound as if attending these events was quite common for her. "Sometimes I grow weary of all these games of words and lies. Who can you trust, these days?"

All the while she was paying keen attention to Andolin, whether she realized it or not. She watched the way he moved, the angle at which he held his jaw, the way he answered the questions directed at him -- everything. She had to know what she was up against.
[size=75]'All things truly wicked start from an innocence.'
-- [i]Ernest Hemingway[/i][/size]
Mezatino
Criminal at large

Post by Mezatino »

Mezatino wasn't all that worried about the impish Ladro running off, either the monkey would come back soon seeking comfort or he would turn up eventually and probably with alot of valuables. Either scenario was perfectly fine with him.

Mezatino grabbed a glass of crimson wine as he made his way over to the table. There, he sat and watched the grand coronation through lidded eyes. All the while keeping his eyes out for anything at all, and also for anything he could turn into a weapon. He had no intentions of hurting anyone, but with his weapons gone, it sure wouldn't hurt...just in case.
Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

DAZED & CONFUSED
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

"That's a good mentality. In the West, the King is lead by Dominicus, and through his 'divine will' the choices are made," There was a tone of boredom leaning on sarcasm in Ashari's voice. "The ruler should be there for his people, for it is through their conviction and trust that he remain in power."

"So, then, in all honesty, according to the ritual - ideally - the Caesar would already be wed and prepared to bring children and prosperity to the land? So Andolin's a day late and a banner short in that department, eh?" A smirk played across Ash's beautiful face. Her darkly kholed gray eyes barely wandered from watching the Westerner make his way toward running the Seven Isles. Then he needs a wife. Ashari could see herself filling that void easily... but there was always the marriage of diplomacy. There were certainly numerous women who would fit for making Andolin's life even more comfortable.

However, of them, how many could keep his interest?

Turning toward Jacob it was from the corner of her eye that she spotted Ashtillion watching her. Are you watching me? Are you looking beyond me? With casual grace she allowed herself the oppertunity of looking around at those present, but still there was nothing of note that she figured Asht was looking at besides herself. They did have things to talk about - there was their bond over Fauna, something that Ashari had learned had instead worked itself out without intervention. The details on that particular incident were still unclear to her, but needed some investigation.

One finely tuned chiseled brow raised subtly toward the elf in recognition of him. It was the clearest opening for one to walk over - however it wasn't particularly inviting. Ashari was quite content with her conversation with Jacob, and unless the sorcerer felt as though it were important enough to intrude, she wasn't about to walk away. "A male lover?" Ashari volleyed in a similarly hushed tone.

Her body language betrayed that their dialogue was meant to be private, as the lean thief placed herself more intimately close to Jacob's personal space. "Those rumors - they involved the Red Rose Guild, did they not? How much was true?" There had been other whispers of the Coven, demons and the connection between all and the Changer, but they seemed naught more than nannies' yards.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

As he approached the High Priestess of the Mother, and her assistant, Andolin enjoyed the view of those in attendance of his coronation ceremony. There were some familiar faces, like Ulder, that caused him to fight a smirk. The former Captain had come close to being Caesar himself, and it would have been Andolin fleeing the Empire as a result.

There was Ashari, that caused a pleased smile. There was Isis, who could not be ignored. She was favored with a special smile and nod. There were other lords and ladies in attendance that were members of the Council. Each were favored with a nod of respect.

Vanir was noted in the crowd standing near a flaming haired lady of obvious beauty. The Panling priest seemed to attract beauties as a sweets vendor attracted children. There was a time when he viewed the priest as a rival. But, Andolin was about to become Caesar and Vanir and his nonstop seductions were of no import any longer.

"Andolin Azarin we are said that you would be father of our land, and that you are willing to serve the Empire and its people. Is that true?"

"I would," he replied, trying to adopt the most regal stance he could muster.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Thrandil found himself before a lady whose bearing spoke of her fitness to stand at Andolin's and rule the Empire, having been born with that purpose. He was given a long appraising look, the ladies ebony skin having a slight bluish tint upon the cheeks, Lady Vlast not replying for a long couple of flickers. Then the trumpets sounded and she glanced forward, witnessing the arrival of the Caesar-to-be, her voice barely above a whisper, but clearly audible. "Perhaps later, General. When the music is playing again. And you are correct we have not met before. I am Lady Vlast Devir, Envoy of Her Majesty Ser'raquine. I am curious though. Did not the Western Kingdom conquer T'aquar some time ago? Are you in exile, general?" Her voice was so very calm, without a hint of anything but genuine interest in it.

The priestess took a step towards the new Caesar, climbing a stair and paused again. "May Mother bless you if what you say now be the truth." The woman at her side added. "May Pecunia give you fortune if if what you say now be the truth." Then came a voice from behind them. "May Father watch over you if what you say now be the truth." Then another. "May you ever have light to show you the way if what you say now be the truth." One by one all the gathered priests added a blessing of their own, and with each blessing the pair of female priests climb one step closer.

At last they stood before him, and Mother Abeaja's hand went to Andolin's shoulder, gently urging him to go down to his knees. Only once he had done so would the ceremony continue. She drew a dagger from her robes, its long silver blade made into a wicked curve. She took the hand of the Caesar-to-be and made a small cut upon its back, letting a drop of blood fall upon the floor, nodding as it did so, and then pressed a single acorn in his palm. Sister Katrian of the Pecunian church did no such thing, merely coming to him and taking hisother hand, a single gold coin glistening in her hand. With surprising ease she broke it in two, placing one half in his palm and stepping back.

They both turned towards the gathered crowd and smiled widely, Sister Katrian speaking first, her clear voice carrying easily across the room. "Rejoice Imperial citizen for we have a new ruler." The silence broke as people began to cheer Mother Abeaja raising her hands to bring silence once more. "With his blood and sweat, Andolin Azarin shall bring us prosperity. May his rule be long and prosperous, and may the Empire flourish and expand and grow greater than it has ever been. LONG LIVE CAESAR ANDOLIN!!!!" Her words were echoed in a thunderous shout, every guard in the hall slamming the butt of his spear onto the ground adding to the din. Then the skies outside exploded as the mages lit the great fireworks they have prepared. Lights in the Great Hall dimmed, the flickers of fireworks making the multicolored shadows on everyone's faces dance with life of their own. Master Belish stepped close to Andolin and fell to his knee, whispering as he did so. "Your throne awaits, Your Majesty. Don your Crown and begin your rule in earnest."

As the shout went up, Mezatino found that Ladro preferred his shoulder to the darkness under the table with all the noise about, then monkey nibbling onto his ear nervously, clutching to his shoulder. With the hushed silence he was able to easily overhear the conversation between a man and a woman nearby. "Well, that would be beneficial. The laws are pretty vague when it comes to Caesar. We have had both married and unmarried Caesars. But the legend says that the prosperity is only possible if the Caesar shares the bed with the woman he loves. Only then is his own fertility mirrored in the land." He smiled and looked up where the ceremony was drawing to the end. "According to law the Caesar is entitled to seven wives, just like the Empire is made of the seven islands. A custom that goes back all the way to Charlesmagne." Ashari's question had Jacob shrugging. "I heard that the man whom Caesar fell in love with was trained at the guild. And it was after the Caesar's death that the Guild was shut down and the prosecution of Panlings began. There were rumors that they have poisoned him. Both in mind and body and that his death was Mother's punishment for his ways. Royal poet Elaine could not heal his body though her song is said to be able to bring the dead back from the grave."
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

As the priests gave their blessings over Andolin S'sinith silently prayed to his own god. Though he wasn't a priest, he spoke for Molten which would likely give him enough authority to do this. He breathed in deeply despite the pomp and circumstance and prayed his own blessing over the new Caesar to himself.

<Adhiel>
May Molten protect you to keep that power from those who would steal it from you. Let you never be a puppet to another's schemes, and let your own actions speak for themselves. Let your authority work in harmony with Gulanadur like the rock and heat of the volcano. May the light never blind you, may the waters never claim you, and may strength forever forge you...

"Praise be to Molten."

S'sinith sighed, hoping all would be well, but would wait until the Caesar had assumed his throne before nodding his leave to Sosa with a smile and returning to the side of his mentor. It would be then that he would encounter Thrandil.
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

Thrandil knew this would happen sometime this evening, and now it did. He was asked the questions about T'aquar. Why would he be there as an Emerald Guard anyway? T'aquar was gone, wasn't it?

"Lady Devir, how very nice to meet you. To answer your questions, the Western Kingdom has razed the home of T'aquar, but never will they be able to conquer it. As long as the Emerald Guard lives and as long as people have their hopes up high and believe in T'aquar, it will live. I will do anything in I can to restore T'aquar to it's former power. So if I am in exile? No. I'm gathering an army and allies who will help me conquer the West if need be to restore T'aquar. Apart from that, I am also looking for two key ingredients to the revival of my country." the young general whispered, hoping to ignite a spark of interest in her. The more interested this woman was, the easier she would come to see his goal.
Anora Frollie
Rogue

Post by Anora Frollie »

Anora's eyes continued to move around the room, taking in all the sparklies just begging to go home with her. A bracelet here, a necklace there. Though, the flash of the coin up where the ceasar was being sworn in caught her attention. She couldn't help but imagine slipping it...well, this dress didn't allow for hidden things, unfortunately. Then her eyes went back to examining the room.

So many beautiful women here, all eyeing her target, Andolin. She noted where his eyes seemed to rest, and for a moment felt a surge of irritation. Not even a glance her way. Sure, they had never met, but was she invisible? Oh, she'd make damn sure he'd notice her. But how? Her ever-searching eyes looked for an opening, mouthing Hail Ceasar when needed.
Last edited by Anora Frollie on Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=darkblue][i][b]The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.[/b][/i][/color]
Dorothy Parker

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari watched the festivities with keen interest. Their rituals were quite different than those of Western Terra, but that was alright with her. De Bessnie was just full of information. As he continued to discuss matters of the ceremony the daring brunette couldn't help but think about finding more about him - personally. How much of a cad are you, Jacob? His lightly colored eyes were entrancing in their own way. "Seven wives? Sounds like a lot, but I'm sure Andolin could manage," she commented with a smirk.

Nodding to Jacob's explaination of the situation between Anochrim, his lover, and the Red Rose Guild, she was distracted by the shouts. Clapping loudly, Ash put on a wide and appreciative grin in Andolin's direction. "Long Live Caesar Andolin!" The young woman joined in the chorus of voices and wondered if he could pick hers out of the crowd.

"Lord de Bessnie, I must say, you've been of invaluable help this evening. Thank you so much for helping me through this new and... interesting, political world. Now that the ceremony is over-" Fireworks cut her off. The loud sounds of them made her somewhat uncomfortable, but she plastered on a smile. "I'm going to be headed off. It was a pleasure." Ashari curtseyed. "Please, do send me word if you've the time - maybe we could meet for lunch, or dinner." And then breakfast... "Whenever is convenient for you." Her kholed eyes ate up Jacob's form for the last time, and as she meandered toward the door, she paused, looking at Ashtillion, inviting him to follow if he chose.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Keaira Morgandy »

As the ceremony continued, Keaira watched with mild interest. All this to-do over one man, it seemed silly to her. Yet another part of her craved such attention for herself, and though confused by it, she did not focus on the strange emotions that were rising up in her this evening. Instead she wondered if she could catch the Caesar's eye. She knew nothing of him or his ways of conduct, but it was worth it at least to get a better look at him.

Turning toward Penth, whom had fallen silent after asking if she was alright, Keaira smiled sweetly. "It was a pleasure meeting you. Perhaps we shall see each other again." Then, with a wink and a graceful turn, she was making her way closer to the throne, softly murmuring "long live Caesar Andolin" with those around her.

Keaira weaved through the crowd gracefully, turning elegant twists and sways of her hips to squeeze past elbows and step over feet. Yet when the fireworks were set off she found herself rooted, her large blue eyes turning upward to take in the sight of the controlled explosions. As she watched, however, the play of light and loud sounds began to remind her of another event -- one she remembered less keenly. Screams and shouts peppered her thoughts and made her shift uncomfortably, and she finally looked away from the fireworks, no longer enjoying them.

For a few more flickers she remained still, waiting for her eyes to adjust to all the changes in the light, and then she was mobile again. She needed to get as close to the view of the throne as possible, so that the Caesar might more easily spy her porcelain features and the enticing curves of her body.
[size=75]'All things truly wicked start from an innocence.'
-- [i]Ernest Hemingway[/i][/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

The gilded sorcerer had noted Ashari's slightly raised eyebrow, however he simply kept the same polite smile on his face, his expression one of feigned interest. He did not want any observers to think he had a specific interest with the Guild Mistress. Ashtallion turned his attention back to the Ceasars coronation for but a moment, at which point, just as the fireworks were fired, the corner of his eye caught Ashari once more. She moved to the door, and after a few heart beats, the golden eyed magus followed, taking a longer route than was necessary.

He met her at the door.

"Mistress Ashari. ", the sorcerer bowed his head very slightly. " Are you enjoying the festivities thus far this eveningtide? "

As he spoke, the mage pushed on the door, hoping it was not locked and the other side held an empty room, giving them the time to talk without interruption.
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Craghley cursed himself as he saw Ashtallion move away. He'd just said something to him, hadn't he? But no, he had to get distracted by this event. Craghley, your manners could really use some work. Before you go getting yourself into the bad graces of all the nobles at this ceremony. Which drew them from just about all over the world.

Ah, well, at least you know how to deal with this sort of situation in your own way, laddie...

Craghley made off, quite determinedly, for the wine table. Once there he grabbed a glass and, taking a deep gulp, chose a seat. The wounds from the Hunter were still there, and it was always a relief to sit down and rest them for a bit.
There was a man seated nearby. Handsome, relaxed, debonair... certainly a swashbuckling type if there was one. The man had 'rogue' all over him in fine print, so it was a fair bet he was someone very lucky to get in or very, very important. Craghley swivelled to Mezatino in his chair.

'Evening, sir. I do hope you are not another aristocrat to swell these fine ranks, else I shall have to do something quite oafish and embarass myself in front of yet another noble here.'
Last edited by Craghley on Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

Aerin had waited for a while for a reply from the guard as to if she could enter or not and his silence she took as more than a no – it was more of a ‘How dare you even ask’ type of a feeling that she got. Salvaging some dignity, she dared not ask again – it was pretty clear to the uncomfortable redhead where her status lay within Roque, but she did not let her face betray clues to her emotions until her back was to the gate and more than a few footsteps had separated herself from the guarded barricade.

He probably did not let you in because while you look like a rose, you smell like monkey shit….stupid girl… she fumed inwardly as she began the trek back to the inner city where her job, the university that she could not afford, and the small room containing her new pet lay waiting. It had been a fool’s dream to think that she would charm a rich benefactor into sponsoring her studies in exchange for a willing and warm body. Likewise, it had been just as unattainable goal to hope for a taste of what life might be like one day – the sight of the true Citadel beyond burnt out buildings and lowly shops.

She had followed some travelers up to the palace and, still fairly fresh to the twists and turns of the Gordian knot that was Citadel, the same method, she felt, would guide her home. The loud popping of the fireworks overhead did little to lift her spirits as she chose Ashari’s form at random and proceeded to tail the other woman, her mind focused on her many small failures in life and her body on auto-pilot as she trudged along and paid no mind to where her unnamed, unwitting guide was leading her, nor to anyone else around her.

As long as it was away from the forbidden festivities.

OOC: Big thread, GW, and tough to juggle everyone at once or remember to include all in a summary post. Not upset that I went ‘unnoticed’ and hope the fudging is ok. Found a new thread to follow. :wink:
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Master Ashtillion," she mirrored with a pleasant smile and a similar nod of her head, the beads in her hair moving against one another with small glassy clinks and clatters. "It's quite interesting, yes... Though, I must admit, I'm not one for fireworks particularly."

As he gave the door a push, she shook her head. "Not here.. these walls have ears... and souls, I'd wager." There was a small wink. "Would you walk a innocent girl home? The streets of the Citadel can be so dangerous," Ashtillion was one of the few that understood from where Ashari's power came. Those untrained in magick were not aware of her mind craft - an energy source often thrown in the same category as demon raising and communicating with the dead. As such, the mage before her would know damn well that she need no protecting.

"I'm sure Aeris would be pleased to see you as well, should you like to come in for a drink." Ashari walked toward the formal entrance & exit with her regal head held high, completely unaware of Aerin or her casual usage as Ashari as someone to lead her through the streets.

OOC: Those who're stalking Ash out of the Coronation, feel free to head over to: Tis not content so soon to be alone ~ Leaving the Coronation here in the Patrician & Citadel Ring.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Lady Vlast smiled at Thrandil and elegantly held a finger before her lips to indicate silence while Andolin was crowned and the coronation finished. The fireworks delighted her even with the brightness and so Thrandil gained a glimpse of true mirth across her face before it slipped back to the diplomatic smile it was before.

"So you seek to regain a lost homeland." Vlast smiled slyly. "I know many in Gulanadur that still retain that zeal after centuries. They now see that coming to pass. Perhaps you shall as well. If you are steadfast and diligent in your efforts."
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir allowed Fialessa and Noland to provide all the formalities of the Temple, since Andolin might take offense to Vanir providing them himself. He stayed close to the background without drawing too much attention to himself. It was after the fireworks started that he figured time to start socializing. The priest found his way over to Isis.

The adhiel bowed politely and spoke in his most pleasant tone. "Lady Isis, beauty of Amun Rah, might I have the pleasure of your company? I believe there is a matter we should discuss. Today is a day of changes after all." The handsome panling gave her a charming wink as he waited her response.
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Mezatino
Criminal at large

Post by Mezatino »

Mezatino chuckeled at Craghley for his question. "Well good sir, that really depends on how you mean it?" He smiled rogueishly and carressed the monkey's head against his cheek for a moment. "Are you asking if I am a noble, or if I am noble? Two very distinct things. You see I was once a noble, though for a price I still can be." White, nothing but a pearly white flash of teeth at the other man. "But then again considering some of the atrocious and debasing acts of most typical aristocrats, I guess I could consider myself noble even by their standards."

He leaned back, also happy to let his own recent wounds relax. "I am Cassio Dolce, at your's or anyone else's service for that matter. Who might you be?"
Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

DAZED & CONFUSED
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith approached Thrandil and Lady Vlast, allowing them to have conversation after the Caesar ascended to his throne before approaching. It was when he got close enough to see Thrandil's uniform and its evidence of being in recent battle. This paused S'sinith in slight surprise before he approached the two.

<Adhiel>
"Pardon my absence, Lady Vlast. *Tuirdhiel li ealiu , I am Ambassador S'sinith D'Illil-Devir of Gulanadur and Firebrand of Molten. I bid you a good eve. I must ask, however... what happened to you? You appear as if you have been in battle recently. Is all well with you?"

*warrior of the day/surface

His concern was genuine. Very few would wear a war-scarred tabbard to an event like this. If he came from the Emerald Guard like this, then there was still hell being raised in his homeland. S'sinith had still felt the sting of war in his body, and always admired a man of martial prowess. Still, if his surface cousins were facing enough hardship in order to speak with the Dark Adhiel, then things were fairly grim... unless he was a social renegade like S'sin was, which would make the two instant friends.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

Thran watched Lady Vlast carefully as she enjoyed the show. A truly remarkable lady she was, for a Dark one. Yet, the fact they were Adhiel should bond them, instead of put them into different categories. It was his goal to unify all Adhiel again, and so he would try.

"Indeed I do, Milady. Yet I think I can find that homeland once again, just as much as I believe your people, my darker brethren if I may be so free, only have a bad reputation because shallow sighted men and women made them look that way. Deep down inside we are all Adhiel. We might not share all the same traits, but we should be unified once again. Surface and underground. If we are one, the Adhiel race can accomplish anything. That is what I believe and what I want to achieve." Thrandil said as he saw the approaching young mage.

As he greeted with respect, so the young officer returned it. "Achlaliel ganiu inaidha. I am General Thrandil Mael-Muire of the Emerald Guard's Diplomatic Affairs. I'm good for now. Indeed I have seen battle recently. Wolves tore this tabard apart in Dort. Before that, I battle Oneists in the forests of Taquar and in my pursue of them that took me to Dort. Now, all I have left is the Emerald Guard and the memory of a second homeland." he said and paused. "How are you doing yourself, Ambassador?"

*I greet you, dark brother.

After Ssin answered, Thran turns back to Lady Vlast. "I apologise, Milady. I was distracted by the Ambassador of your nation. I hope you can forgive me."

Thrandil didn't try to suck up, afraid of pushing them away from his goals. His quest for unison would be hard to complete if he couldn't befriend his own brethren. Even if they had grown apart in the past.

OOC: Taken to side thread from here.
Last edited by Thrandil on Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

A silver tongue, a sharp wit, fine words uttered and yet nothing for the knowing. What a slippery little fish this man is.
I think you are going to like him, Craghley.

'My name is Craghley Donovan, sir,' he chuckled. 'Likewise, I believe I am at your service. Especially if 'service' consists of going through a couple more glasses of wine with you.'

Speaking of which, Craghley took another taste from his glass, this time just a sip. It really was a sin to waste a drink as good as this.

'Please, tell me. What has drawn you to this... rather crowded occasion?'
Mezatino
Criminal at large

Post by Mezatino »

OOC: edited for my crappy spelling tonight

Mezatino laughed out right at the man's face. "Donovan? Drinking?" Shaking his head, he smiled at Craghley. "Clearly your of the hardy Islay folk. Fine people I hear, though I'm a Mouthie and not too sure I've met many of you." He sipped slowly at his wine in thought.

"Well maybe one, but he was a shifty little shit." He said to himself with a knowing smile, about the young fence.

Tipping his glass back, Mezatino drained the glass and had it refilled with a chilled white. The tiny drops of crimson left in it, made it almost appear to be soiled with splotches of blood in his wine. "Well, anyways, I'm glad you too are at my service. As for why I'm here," He paused to take another sip. "Well lets say its a bit of both business and pleasure."

I like this fellow. He's common, polite, and seems to have no agenda of which to be suspicious of. Yet that alone makes me suspicious...after all the greatest spy is the one that sticks out like a drunk in a cathedral.

"I came here because...well because its a momentous event. A new caesar to be crowned? Who wouldn't want to see it?" He dropped his voice for the slightest of moments. "Even if he does seem to be a shady fellow. Dont know why, but I feel as if he is a sinister being." Within a split second he as back to beaming his clean teeth and broad rogueish grin. He sipped his wine, then offered his pet a taste.
Last edited by Mezatino on Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

DAZED & CONFUSED
Elaine
Royal Poet

Post by Elaine »

Elaine had returned from her talk to Draydis and stood at her husband's side, listening to the finalization of the ceremony.

She nodded. Inwardly she understood the need for a man like Andolin to take the throne. He was strong enough and ambitious enough to fight for it. That would be what kept the islands together. There was even a measure of admiration, fuelled by the strange charisma the man portrayed when put in a position of power. Yet deep inside she also remembered him as the broken one who heard about Isabella's demise. She remembered him as a threat to Ulder and herself.

Too many faces in one man.
He'll never admit to any of them unless the woman he chooses is not afraid to point them out.
Love has many faces indeed...

I wish you luck, Andolin Azarin.
You are going to need it.

Truth was the blind woman was relieved to get away from his eternal games. It would be a blessing to walk in a straight line for a change. Yet at the same time the challenge kept nagging at her.

Maybe we'll return some day.
Not now.
We need our own time. My beloved needs healing in a different way.

Conveniently skipping over her own needs she put an arm around Ulder and squeezed. "Sorry to say it, love." She mumbled "But I am glad to have you as a free man, to go wherever he wants." She put her head against his arm.
There is so much to see, yet so few willing to.
[i]Jonah Bannon[/i]

Andolin
Caesar

Post by Andolin »

Andolin followed the ceremony with dutiful deference to the Mother's High Priestess. The cut did not hurt much, either because of the amount of brandy he had consumed, or because he was too excited to feel any minor pain.

The announcement of his name and his new title, followed by the cheers and fireworks, did little to inspire modesty in an otherwise immodest man. This was the first step of his plan. The second step was to make the title carry with it the power it deserved.

Taking the crown, as invited, Andolin was glad to take a seat on the throne. Just sitting there gave him a certain amount of energy as his heart raced in satisfied excitement. Only once comfortably seated did he allow himself to gaze out upon the subjects of the Empire -- his Empire. If only Isabella had lived to see this.

Yet, his thoughts were not only on the shade of a prior love, but he could not help but notice what he considered to be admiring glances from many pretty ladies in the audience. And why not? I am the most eligible man in the Empire.

Ashari seemed distracted with De Bessnie. Yet, he noticed the gaze of other strangers to himself. There was Keaira and Anora to name a few. The latter mouthed something at him. Neither woman seemed to be of the nobility, draped in jewels to attract his attention. Yet, this day, he was not just looking for the flowers of the nobility, he was looking to enjoy the moment anyway he could.
[i]Someone has to be in charge, so it might as well be me.[/i]
Andolin Avatar by the Nice GD
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Shouts filled the room, but the former Captain did not add to them. Some might call it petty jealousy, some might call it sour grapes. Some might have even called it open and naked defiance. What Ulder called it was disgust.

He did not add his voice to the fray, instead he simply clasped on of Elaine's hands tightly. It was an old, silent signal between them. It was his way of telling her he was right there, and that he was always going to be right there.

Her head on his arm brought a gentle smile to his face.

"Why in the world would you apologize for that?" He joked.

"I wish them all the best." He then said simply.

"Shall we go home?"
[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewforum.php?f=404]Ulder's Compendium[/url]

[size=67]Avatar by permission of Amok. http://en.amokanet.ru/[/size]

Return to “The Citadel proper Archive”