Seeking entry to the palace (Cheryl 25th: MT)

Moderator: Mods

Med

Seeking entry to the palace (Cheryl 25th: MT)

Post by Med »

Penth had heard the rumoring clambors down at the Burpin Dragon. Some "new caesar" he winced at the thought. He had an idea once, but it was getting vague. Hard to recall all these things when you sing for food at a tavern or on the streets. Yet he had not heard from his friend Ulder in some time and he knew he had last been in trouble but wallowing away in the Dragon was not going to be for him anymore. No sir! Today he was going to march back to that guard and tell him let me in the palace or something like that. Then it came to him palace...

Stupid stupid Penth you've been in palaces.. You made them laugh you rock head! Get a new outfit!

With that Penth went down to the shops to find a good costume, but came up with none and suddenly it donned on him...

I have my mandolin! Stupid stupid Penth.. and well I have sang a few times some guy did give me an apple for that at least. Why did he ask me to leave though? Oh that is a nifty rock!

Penth bent down picked up the rock admiring it over and over barely recalling where he was going, untill he stumbled into the entrance for the Citadel Palace.

"Hello there I am Penth!" he blurted out matter of factly not really sure who he just stumbled into hopefully a guard, "I am here for the coronation! It's going to be a great coronation.. Very swell from what I hear. Maybe even the best coronation! I do plan to sing there! Yes sir traveled all the way from far away to make this one! It will be some night huh?" Penth rambled on without observing a thing.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Had it been another day, Penth would have probably stood more chance to bluff his way into the palace, but with the Coronation that day, the security was tighter than ever. He was stopped more than a dozen paces from the gates, the white of the guardsman's tabard almost blindingly clean. "Good day, Mister Penth. Could I ask who hired you to play at the coronation and when you are scheduled to perform? And in which room are you to stay until the ceremony?" The man's eyes focused on young bard's own gaze, as he held the spear lightly in his hand, not leaning upon it out of fear it would smudge his pristine white tabard.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Med

Post by Med »

Penth fumbled for a moment in thought since the rock was still one his mind it was pretty smooth looked like one that could be skipped nicely at some lake.

But the rock was not that important...

Penth fumbled around tring to look for papers which of course he did not have.

"Well sir, I have come at the request of Ulderon he knew my talents pretty well from some time ago. I was not sure about which room as the invitation was a bit vague. If you doubt them though I am happy to perform right here may draw quite the crowd though and I only had ten songs planned for the evening so I'ld have to use older stuff."

He swung his mandolin over his shoulder into position in case that was the answer.

"You see Mr. Ulder and I took a very dangerous journey long ago and he thought I might help with the entertainment."

This of course was a total lie, but Penth knew his way around finangling a bit and showed no pause to give a performance right there that would certainly draw lots more.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.
Thrandil
Hunter, Lieutenant Emerald Guard

Post by Thrandil »

At that moment two Adhiel and one Achadhiel came striding upon the guard and the bard. All of them in the great attire of the Emerald Guard, the elite warriors of the lost lands of Taquar.

Thrandil was wearing his full attire, yet not his armor. The green colours of the Emerald Guard were to be seen, he had thought. He even bartered some stuff that could be used by their Dortenese Lieutenant. Sword in it's scabbard and golden ring around his finger he approached them.

"Well met, guard. I am General Mael-Muire of the Emerald Guard. This is my colleague General D'Anorre and Lieutenant Donovan, he leads the security entail of us." the newly proclaimed general said and pointed the men out as he announced them. After a flicker's pause, he continued "We heard of the coronation of the new Caesar of your Empire. We would like to attend this coronation as diplomatic envoys of Taquar.".

With that, the warrior waited for answer, and raised an eyebrow as he looked the bard up and down. "Don't I know you, sir?" he asked the man with the mandolin. Being this overtly nice, he hoped Draydis would get the gist that Thran would try to get this man in too. Since he seemed to have trouble getting in himself.
Last edited by Thrandil on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Next to Thrandil walked Draydis Quinn D'Anorre. He wore clothing of black leather. From its touch, it was made of the softest and finest leather. Covering the shirt was a tunic covered with the markings of the Emerald Guard. Though the shirt, pants, and boots were well cared for, it was clear that the tabard had been worn in a very recent battle. It was mended in many places where it appeared that it was savagely torn by something other than a blade, for the rips were jagged. From one that was accustomed to battle, it was clear that claws were the cause for the damage.

Fresh cuts ran along the face of the guardsman. They were tended to, but they looked to be painful still, as several of them were quite deep.

Between the wounds, his wild hair that was restrained only by a leather strap at the back, the icy blue depth of his eyes that can penetrate another with a simple look, and the tattoos that seemingly covered his entire body, Draydis came off as one that could clearly handle himself in a confrontation...or at least that was his demeanor and appearance.

Thrandil and Draydis had met to discuss their new ranks and organization of the new Emerald Guard, but they had yet to have their new uniforms tailored. So, the tabard and shirt all bore the marks and insignia noting him as the Commander of the Guard.

A lone golden ring was worn on his finger. It was the ring that was given to him upon the completion of training just before they were all assigned to go hunt orcs. It had never been removed from his finger, and was likely to never come off either. It was worn with pride because of what it took to obtain it, and to honor those that had fallen in battle by his side.

A pair of well-crafted short swords were hung from his hips. From the hilts and scabbards, it was clear that they were well used. They usually were tucked away in scabbards on his lower back so they could be hidden by his cloak, but since this was to be a diplomatic meeting, Dray did not want to appear with any hidden weapons. The scabbards that hung from each hip were strapped down to his legs so they would not become a hindrance in case he had to run. Though there was no fight to be expected, he was a warrior, and it was an old habit to constantly be prepared for battle.

When Thran spoke up for the bard, Dray joined in with his effort.

"Of course, General, this man once played for the Guard when we were inducted as trainees!"

Draydis turned to look at the bard and smiled. "It was a grand performance, and my only regret is that I was unable to greet you and thank you personally."

Dray extended his arm to the bard in a friendly manner. "Well met, good sir, I am General D'Anorre of the Emerald Guard."

His focus then turned back to the guard in front of them.

The General of the Guard's military forces hoped that the gate guard would let them all pass. He figured that Thrandil was trying to recruit yet another ally or something like that, and he hoped that his own words would prove to be helpful in accomplishing that goal.

Draydis waited for the guard to reply...
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Med

Post by Med »

A bit shocked upon the sight of Emerald Guard.. after recalling the horrors from the past but Penth knew if he had a chance of making sure his friend was okay he would have to get in somehow.

"Um excuse me Mr. Thandril, I was invited here by another but do you know of a dark elf called Raevyn that joined the Emerald Guard?"

Penth shivered at using the name, but it was about all he had and just perhaps he could accompany these people in.

"You seem a little bit familiar is why I ask I think I may have been along on one of your entourages.."

then as Dray spoke up he smiled brightly and shook hands vigorously!

"Yes we have met before in your kingdom where my band played! I am a solo act for the time being sir, but still keep in top notch performance! very good to see you both again." Penth tried to calm his excited voice just a bit to finish.

"It will be quite the night huh?" he finished with no real clue what to say.
Last edited by Med on Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis immediately recognized the name when the bard uttered it. He recalled putting a blade through her chest accidentally the night that the capital city burnt under the evil forces of the demoness Blayvanna.

"Good sir, Raevyn and I fought the night Taquar burnt under the forces of a terrible demoness. I have not seen her since that night, for she was terribly wounded, and suddenly disappeared afterwards. Have you seen her?"

Though his face did not reflect it, Dray was nervous. Raevyn likely felt that Draydis purposefully had stabbed her in an effort to kill her, for they were always fighting one another despite being supposed allies. He figured that if she was nearby that he would soon have a fight on his hands.

He also failed to mention that Raevyn would no longer be welcomed in the Guard. She was far too excitable and unreliable to be a member of the elite fighting force.

He gave a look to Thrandil as if apologizing for stepping in on the question asked of him.
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DMD Member since 2005
Med

Post by Med »

Penth shivered at the name again...

"no sir she is not with you?" he fealt slight sweat but let it go, "No since my travels to Taquar I have not seen many so it was strange to recieve this invitation to play here at the Citadel. But I roll with the stones so to speak. And a friend of mine sent me an invite and it looks to be many more attending now" Penth said in a bright manner.

He looked back at the guard as it seemed clear to him that they might be people of attendance.
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thrandil watched in amazement as he noticed how Dray truly know this bard, but tried not to show a thing. He had never met this man, but would go on about what his brother said.

"No sir, miss d'Altamooriana is not with us. I only trained with her, and the night Draydis is speaking of, I was not in the Kingdom. On the bright side, I do remember you, now you mention your band. You were quite spectacular back then, especially since we had something to celebrate." the young General said and smiled towards Penth.

Turning to the citadel guard, he sighed. "Look, are you going to let us in or do you need to ask your superiors whether the Commander of the Emerald Guard and his colleagues can join the festivities in the palace?" he asked the man, referring to a singular commander of the Emerald Guard, since that is how everyone could remember the structure in the Taquar military.
Med

Post by Med »

Penth almost breathed a sigh of relief.. That was one scary dark adhiel. Almost seemed friends but, brrrr.

Penth smiled at Thran as he watched the guard, "So this is a little bit bigger than I thought?"

Penth strummed a bit on his mandolin in a slow manner it was a habit more than anything else as it comforted him. Playing a gentle ballad from ages ago, but gave no words to it, as he was not performing simply calming himself.

His nerves steeled out after a few strokes and the Emerald Guard people weren't seeming all that bad anymore! No blood lusting adhiel!

Yes sir fate always comes up and Penth things will change today! Just maybe Ulderon will get the help he needs! It is a sign if you ever did see one! No signs have stuff written on them what's the other word?

Penth wandered off in thought for a flicker with that.
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Although the tallest of the three, it was easy to see that the Achadhiel was by far the most junior. He'd donned a fresh uniform of the Guard replete with the ring he had been granted by Willow's funeral pyre. But his native cloths were worn in strength as well, with his (freshly replaced) tartan scarf trailing behind him. His wolf pelt cloak did the same; he had stopped wearing it for a little while after the night he joined the Guard but it no longer seemed to bother him. His most treasured item, the sword he'd left his hamlet with, was secured firmly upon his belt.

And, how he was glad for all this! He'd thought Hafne to be a marvel when he first saw it, but the disbelief that had entered his mind upon first seeing the mighty spire of the Citadel on the horizon was still slow to abate. He'd come far too close to losing Draydis and Thrandil in the hubbub of the place while his eyes had been averted, awed, skyward.
Things came back down to earth as they approached the actual palace. He knew he was not at all bred for anything close to nobility, and here he was at the Citadel itself, for a coronation of all things!
Haud yer tongue, and ye'll get by.
And this is exactly what he did, as his commanders bluffed their way along with that supposed bard. Did they really know who the human was? If not, what were they doing to try and get a man, possibly uninvited, into the coronation ceremony?
Craghley studied Penth assiduously, gauging the mans' speech, body language and expression. He seemed sincere, harmless even, though maybe a bit desperate, much like a bard fallen on hard times who considered a good audience at this event enough to save his career. That hardly seemed dangerous, except to maybe the bards' own reputation. Draydis and Thrandil had not given him any reason to doubt their actions in the past, so he felt relatively secure to leave this up to them.

He stood back, watchful, silent, wary and incredibly nervous.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The guard was terribly polite, listening to Penth with attention due some nobleman, nodding at the end. "Of course, sir. Let me just fetch a ser......" Whatever plans the guard had were interrupted by Thrandil's interruption and then Draydis was speaking too, and the situation threatened to spiral into chaos. "Excuse me a moment, sirs. I shall fetch a Sergeant." With that the man retreated and soon came back accompanied by a short, stout man in his late thirties a pair of thick, rugged mustaches adorning his upper lip, Unlike the guard the man wore a mace hung upon his belt, the spear nowhere in sight.

"Good day, sirs. Ronald here tell me you are representatives of Taquar. Is that correct?" He did not pause to give them a chance to reply, but turned to [b]Penth
addressing the bard. "And that you come here by invitation of Ulderon Synkaaros, former Captain of the Purple Guards?" All he needed was their acknowledgment, before they were all ushered in to the guardhouse housed in the gate they stood in front of. "Please take a seat. I'll fetch Master Belish and we shall have everything sorted out in a few burns."

They were left in the room and a guard offered each of them a glass of wine should they wish so, the fire crackling in the corner, filling the room with a bit too much warmth. The room smelled of soap and freshness, several wreaths of flowers hanging upon the walls and adding their fragrance to the mix. It was almost five flickers later that an old man in his fifties arrived, nodding politely to each of them. "I am sorry you were kept waiting, gentlemen. Could I please have your names and functions so I could assign you rooms and seating during the ceremony?"
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis did not argue as they were told to wait, then ushered into the guardhouse. When the older man came in, Dray stood, and gave the man a bow.

"I am Draydis Quinn D'anorre, Commander of the former Emerald Guard of Taquar, and General of Military Warfare and Holy Warriors of the reborn Emerald Guard of Taquar. Our city and country were destroyed by demons and others, but we have stepped out from the ashes to rebuild."

He looked to Thrandil and Craghley to make their introductions...

DMD Member since 2005
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thrandil welcomed the seat and the wine. He gave Penth a wink as the man came in. Everything would be okay now.

"I am Thrandil Mael-Muir, General of Diplomatic Affairs of the Reborn Emerald Guard of Taquar. I am sorry that we have not let you know we would attend the coronation in due time, but we have only taken notice of this a few days ago. Please send apologies on behalf of Taquar for this to the Master of Ceremony as well as the new Caesar." he said, "We are very pleased that you will let us attend the festivities at the palace this glorious day."

He then looked at Craghley to introduce himself and hoped the Islay achadhiel remembered how Thrandil had introduced them to the first guard.
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

One eye still on the bard, the other following the palace guard, Craghley followed the party through to the waiting room. He stood a couple of feet back, hoping, irrationally, to be unobserved.
Thrandil was lookign at him oddly... with a jerk, Craghley realised he was supposed to introduce himself. He scanned his memory in haste to recall how the others had done. His sentence began with a small stutter.

"I-I am Craghley Donovan, of the Roving of Skara of Islay... and a Lieutenant of the Emerald Guard of Taquar. In truth, I'd not thought tae-"[b] he threw a furtively apologetic glance towards Thrandil and smoothed out the brogue - "-to be honoured this way in my lifetime."

His heart skipped. Head bowed slightly, Craghley's eyes were fixed firmly upon the ground...
Med

Post by Med »

Naturally the bard followed with out a care in the world, he usually only got unhinged when real danger seemed present. Taking a seat with the rest he gladly accepted the wine. Setting it down to strum a relaxing tune while they waited only pausing to give a nod back to Thrandril.

Once the elderly gentlman entered Penth bolted upright in greeting. "Well hello there! I am Penth a wandering minstrel by trade, sir! But I was asked to perform here. I am not sure if you have heard of me or not as my band BAH played in the lands of Taquar," looking back at the others, "and I am sorry about the troubles of your land I had been away and not heard of the plight." he gave a mournfull look as it was a rather beautifull city and the one adhiel guard.... Penth almost sighed.

Getting back on track of the subject.. "Anyways yes sir Master Ulderon asked for my attendance he played in my band briefly if you can imagine such a thing. I believe I am here to perform but the message was rather vague. So where are we off to?"

the minstrel slung his mandolin back over his shoulder with that in readiness.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The man quickly noted the names and stated titles upon a sheet of paper, before pulling a ledger that hung upon a ribbon from his hip, quickly leafing through its pages with ink-stained fingers. "Do you have any letters of accreditation with you, or is this an unofficial visit? I am afraid that if you aim to open a diplomatic mission in Citadel you will have to go through official channels. Is Taquar no longer under Western Kingdom protection?" The man's curiosity did not extend further, Peter asking only what was relevant to the situation when in an official role and this certainly qualified as related to the situation at hand.

A single finger indicated for Penth to wait just a moment, Belish turning his attention to the young bard. "I am afraid we already have the evening's entertainment planned, sir. And since it was not the former Captain's duty to choose entertainment I fear you must have misunderstood his message. Perhaps you could wait in a room while we clear this out with him? He could have invited you to be his guest as is his right, but I think it best if he confirm it." Old man wore a polite smile, tilting his head in question at the end.
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

These questions made Thrandil think back of what happened out in the woods.

He was on a diplomatic mission to ask the leaders of the Western Kingdom's army to help them defeat the Demons in Taquar. He freed some Adhiel from Orcs on their way there, but as he came closer to the armies... Thran thought and shivered once as he again smelled burnt wood and animals... live animals... They set it ablaze... the Orcs never would, and the Demons were fighting in Taquar already probably, just like the Orc hordes... The armies of the Western Kingdom had set the forests of Taquar ablaze.

He then looked with blank eyes at the sergeant. "No sir, we do not have letters of accreditation with us. This visit is proclaimed official by the Emerald Guard, of which we are the last leaders. Our Leafs have a day off in your bustling city." he said and continued, without emotion in his voice "Taquar has never been under the protection of the Western Kingdom if you ask me. They put it to ashes, for there could be no other held responsible for what happened. They were an invasive force, if they placed their people in Taquar. I do not know for both the men I had to flee for the flames and ended up in Dort after a chase of bloodhungry Oneists. General D'Anorre was on a mission and doesn't know what happened after Taquars defeat, the destruction of our Holy tree.".

He was quiet for a few flickers and watched the Citadel guards and Penth closely for a moment. "Taquar lives in our heart right now, and will live soon, when both General D'Anorre's mission as well as mine will have been fulfilled. Is that enough to be permitted entry to the coronation? We will happily lay our weapons aside, if you so ask of us." he said, trying to gain the man's trust by showing an act of peace.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

The fire in the forest of Taquar was started by those of the Western Kingdom? It was news to Draydis, as he had thought that the demon had started the fire. The calm emotion reflected on his face was merely there for show, as his blood began to boil.

Dray decided to remain silent, for the memory of the flames destroying his world, burning its people, and causing unspoke up destruction made him now want to go on a holy crusade of vengeance against those that were at fault.

~Mother, please give me peace...~

He knew that he would not be able to take down the entire city, but he knew that he'd take a large number with him.

Memories of Alantha Darkstar were all that kept him in check. She was the first one that had ever captured his attention in romantic ways, and his death would end the possibility of finding her and sparking her interest as well...

For now, diplomacy would be left to Thrandil. There would be war later...

He nodded in agreement with Thran's words if the man looked to him.

DMD Member since 2005
Med

Post by Med »

"Of course sir. I would be more than happy to wait whereever you like. I am sorry about my lack of papers, but I do not read and had it read to me. So I assumed due to my trade I may have been here for that function and if you do need help I have ten new songs in readiness."

The minstrel hung for a moment on Thrandril's words... He roamed about the lands but he had to ask. It gripped him terribly, but if they were the only ones...

"You are the only survivors Sir Thrandril? There was a guard very nice to me once while I was leaving and I am very sorry.." he looked down giving just a burn to remorse and looked back at the seargent with incredible intent. It was not often the bard had such passion in his heart but there was true pain there and exmplified by his use of acting and carrying over that emotion to it he continued,

"I will meet with Master Ulerdon sir, but I have a few words to say before I go. Me and him fought bravely in those lands once at a small fort he may well be your former captain, but I am sure he would recall the trust and honor these men showed.I do not know of the days they speak of, but I do know of a day where I held a weapon covered with Orc blood as did Ulderon at a fort and these men were by our side defending us though we had never seen combat more than once."

"I lost more than a few friends in that battle and we were only there to carry supplies, but I learned of the honor of the Emerald guard and Taquar as they accepted us in after such a horrible trip. Ulderon and I met with others and played in a band together. All of the locale area was in attendance. So you should grant them the right to counsel at least as they have proved this in valor more than a time over and I would trust them with my life"

Penth hoped his performance went well for the seargent he tended to know his way around such things.

"If you wish me to leave their accompanyment though my invitation is from Master Ulderon. I would gladly give them my boon though even if my life hanged at the stake."

Maybe a little bit over dramatic but Penth was used to playing to crowds and the general public seemed to go for it.

Penth looked back at the elderly gentlmen with intent eyes that told fortunes of trust in these three and a bit of solace if this head's guardsman couldn't understand what it means to sacrafice your life in duty.
Thrandil

Post by Thrandil »

Thrandil looked with remorse at Penth. "I dare say we are not the sole survivors, yet, none more are known to Draydis, former Commander of the Emerald Guard, or me. Thus my brother and I have been restructurising it." he said and turned even more to Penth.

"I thank you for your kind words about my comrades, whether or not they have fallen bravely in battle. Maybe you could introduce me to this former captain... Ulderrohn?" the lieutenant asked the man, hoping that this former captain held some office of power so they could discuss matters at hand.

After a moments thought, Thrandil spoke once again. "You are a bard, are you not? And you just said you shed Orc blood? If you would like to be eyewitness of the songs or tales you sing and tell, would you like to ride out with us, whenever we go and reclaim our lands?" the Adhiel asked him, smiling, trying to cheer things up in this waiting room.
Med

Post by Med »

The minstrel smiled brightly at the offer,

"I do tend to go where needed sir and it would be an honor to accompany your rebuilding of the Emerald Guard. I'm sure it will be quite the tale of a new golden age for your lands. I consider it a service of duty sir, as there was many I owed my life too." he stated in as firm a voice of resolve as he could.

"I do need to meet with Master Ulderon though to see of what importance this attendance was. I am sure he would be more than happy to see old friends again as well and it is a time of celebration. So let us rejoice today in this great moment in the history of this land. Things like this don't happen every day even I know that." Penth gave a quirkish grin with that.
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

As his leaders progressed in talking to the minstrel, it occured to Craghley that this man's ilk was decidedly finer than he had first decided. He spoke with eloquence and sincerity, spoke of shared friends, and spoke of music - which brought a leap of joy into his heart. Even as he spoke, it dawned over Craghley the man was in superb control of his voice; it did not break, it did not waver, it hit the querolous notes of a question with accuracy and moved from emotion, to emotion, to emotion, with alacrity. He must be outstanding to listen to when that voice was put to song.
He waited for an opportune moment to break his bashful silence.

"Master Penth," he began at last. Painfully courteous and having thought a great deal up beforehand, he continued: "Please forgive my silence, lest you have thought it rude. You seem a bard of great calibre, not only that; well acquainted with both the Guard to which I am unfortunately new, and the land Taquar, of which I am only connected through my mother and her descendants. I simply wish to add to my general's hospitality, and say that I for one would be most honoured to be in your company at the Coronation, and with any luck, afterwards as well."
Med

Post by Med »

He had matured quite a bit in recent times, struggle and occurances had brought a lot to weigh heavier than they had before for the minstrel. Connections more than anything... Penth had lived as a free spirit for some time, but with each person he left or let down something grew in his heart. He knew he could not let Ulderon down or these guardsmen he had once feared as the "pointy ears".

Giving a smile brightly in return and a nod he gave a nod.

"A friend once told me the Moon Lady shines ever brightly on days of importance and leads you to a path. I do not know her well myself but follow such a path."
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

If there was one thing Peter did well it was to listen and he allowed the potential guests chat amongst themselves, picking bits and pieces of information from their words. Fluent in both human and adhiel tongue he doubted they could hide anything from him lest they speak in codes and even then he would be forewarned that they plotted. The story he heard told seemed believable and the people before him were either great actors or their stories were true. Deciding that the Coronation should pass without scandal, Belish let his silence linger a bit longer as he carefuly chose the words to say.

"Gentlemen, if you'll excuse my interruption, but I will be brief. I will need a promise from you before you are shown to your quarters and then I will leave you to arrange your future plans. I fear I have much to plan before tonight." With a slightly apologetic expression he turned towards Thrandil deeming him the leader of the trio. "I will not go into details of what and how happened to your land. I will not question your tale, but please understand that Empire is at the moment at peace with the Western Kingdom. Thus I will ask you to refrain from expressing your potential dislike of Western Kingdom during the ceremony. If you wish I can see if Caesar will be willing to meet with you at a later time and you can share your plight with him in private. But, I must ask you to simply be our guests at the ceremony and leave business for another opportunity."

Next he turned to Penth and smiled at the bard. "If you wish I will give you a chamber close to these gentlemen and you can continue the discussion there. I believe Master Synaaros is to attend the ceremony and you can seek him out then." He paused and scribbled a few notes on the paper, before shuffling through the notebook. "You'll get rooms in the eastern wing. We are a bit overcrowded today so forgive me if they are a bit small. If you have any needs don't hesitate to ask a servant to assist you. Good bye gentlemen and enjoy the ceremony." With that he turned and whispered a few words to one of the guards who nodded. "Follow me please."

OOC: You are free to attend the Coronation Ceremony. Assume you are led to a set of rooms and chat away here as well.

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”