What area would YOU like to play in?

This board is dedicated to both official and fun polls to prevent Banter being cluttered by the zillion questions we'd like to ask!

Moderators: saskia, Maeve, Meridiuz, Syra, Mods

What area would you like to play in?

Kings Court
No votes
Pax
4%
The Baron Estates (Brie etc.)
8%
Nether's Gate
No votes
World's Mouth
12%
Megapolis
4%
Khaza Run
No votes
Khan
No votes
Le Bois Noir
No votes
T'aquar
15%
Dragonskeep
8%
Terra Incognita
No votes
Citadel
8%
Aveas/Pan's Isle
15%
Gulanadur
4%
Kislovan
No votes
Trothgard
4%
Sierra
No votes
Dort
4%
Amun Rah/Great Desert
4%
Nipponar
No votes
Oracle's isle
No votes
Eastern Empire
12%

Total votes: 26

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

What area would YOU like to play in?

Post by Maeve »

Never mind where your character is now. What area would you like to play in eventually? What stimulates your imagination and takes your breath away just thinking of it?
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Kaelara Mentahn
Shopkeeper

Post by Kaelara Mentahn »

After being removed from King's Court, Kaelara has driven her roots deeply in Pax and that locality, and sees it as a stage from where she can influence the treatment of her 'pagan' kind, among other things. I can't really see her moving elsewhere at this time, and there seems to be fertile soil in which her plans for the future might grow. ;)

With the political/religious setting as it has been - I can't imagine her realistically leaving it at this point.
Avatar courtesy of www.allavatars.com - Electra
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

So far it looks like Trothgard is in for another long cold winter.

The question was a place "other" than the one we were currently in right?

Eventually I have plans to travel, to hunt soneone down and for political reasons.

Until then, well I have a small war to wage.

:)

Hex
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Hastarl Ras'diath
Simaldi hand

Post by Hastarl Ras'diath »

Ever since I started I have been wanting to play in T'aquar but unfortunately I was too late for it.
[i]"Abandon the Search for Truth... Settle for a Good Fantasy"[/i]

Quote [url=http://www.rpggateway.com]RPGGateway[/url]
Reise Silverskye
Adventurer

Post by Reise Silverskye »

Trothgard would be my pick... just a casual whim, I suppose...
"Oh look... my tax dollars at work, coming to arrest me." [i]National Treasure: The Book of Secrets[/i]
Rain Windseeker
Civus

Post by Rain Windseeker »

I'd really like to see Taquar re-open for play. It'd be interesting to visit home again.
Syra
The Chocolate Game Designer

Post by Syra »

Hrm, Roque is not on the list :P

Since I moderate there, I can't PLAY there, so I'll go for either Dort (I wanna KNOW what's gonna happen, damnit!) Or Trothgard.
[size=75]Chocolate is not an addiction, it is a way of life.

[/size]
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Yes! More votes for Trothgard.

I promise that things are going to get real exciting in Trothgard and Vanadius is a wicked mod.

Oh, and I promise not to eat you...

:)

Hex
~
Quinlan Corodin
Condotierre Lieutenant

Post by Quinlan Corodin »

Well Hex, looks like your neighborhood and mine didn't make the cut after all. Seems strange too, especially since World's Mouth just became it's own country and a major world power. But now we have to move out. :(

I was afraid WM would take a hit when Morgan had to throw in the towel as a mod. But, I suppose if there isn't a mod that wants to stand behind it, we gotta do what we gotta do.
Last edited by Quinlan Corodin on Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Fear not Quinlan!

When I started, Trothgard was closed for play, then over the years mods wanted to go there and the Isla of Ice and Death opened its frigid claws to me once again.

In the last three years we peaked (I think) at 6 players and that was only for a short while. Right now we have 4 active with 2 MIA. With 73 active players that gives the Ilse 5.5% of the active players. I can see why at this point with a mod ratio of roughly 10 to 1 (players to mod) that the Isle must close.

The good news is that it can one day the places closed today can be re-opened and with the use of portals, a side adventure can always be had.

Besides, now I get to release Hex upon the general population of Tazlure.

:wink:

Hex
~
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

It does suck, rather. The players, the chemistry and the atmosphere in both locations are great. I would have loved a chance to send one of my PCs to WM myself. Perhaps someday in the future someone will come along with a vision for the location and there will be a revival - just look at what Guido did for King's Court.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

I agree it sucks but I do understand the "why". Being a mod takes time and effort as well as a lot of creativity. Stretching mods too thin affects everyone in both the long and short term. Like I said, lands can always be refreshed.

Hex.
~
Quinlan Corodin
Condotierre Lieutenant

Post by Quinlan Corodin »

I wouldn't mind as much, except quite a bit of Quinlan's very identity is tied to WM right now. Oh well, maybe that was a mistake on my part.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about exploring other places and seeing new sites. Every location in Tazlure has its exciting point. And I'm really all about a more intimate slant on Tazlure. Maybe it'll have a positive effect on plots and posting rates across the board. I just dislike having to burn bridges, so to speak. :oops:
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Thanks for your understanding. These decisions weren't made without a certain amount of heartache, and I think for Maeve especially. When there's so much love and effort put into creating a community - by both players and mods - it's sad to see it lying dormant. :(
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Yeah, the downsizing bites. I don't think there was a mod on the site who actually wanted to see WM closed - but sadly no one had the time or energy to run it either. I believe every mod here is currently also a coordinator, and trying to coordinate two locations at once is the fastest route to burnout. We just don't have the staff to cover as many areas as we once did - and we had to admit that or risk burning out everyone remaining.

It's particularly sad for me, since the two locations I spent a year of my life cultivating and developing, WM and TI, are both getting the chop. I can only hope that some day someone reads through the archives and gets inspired by something they see there.

On a more positive note, if you feel like doing anything about it, the doors of the Modding Seminar are always open... ;)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

You will not have to burn the bridges. Existing threads will close slowly, and you will be given a chance to chose your next area, and a suitable IC excuse will be provided. Just about anywhere still open is a viable choice, and should you need an advice or help in choosing a new area such will be provided.

Reasons for closing certain areas are varied, as are the areas themselves. Not every mod can run every area at Tazlure ( i know since I myself would not dare tackling certain areas unless I really, really had to) and unless a suitable mod can be found for an area it will sadly have to be closed. However if a person comes along who truly wishes to reopen the area and can provide the impetus and creativity needed for such work as well as dedication to it, then opening a new place will certainly be considered.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Grey Wolf wrote:You will not have to burn the bridges. Existing threads will close slowly, and you will be given a chance to chose your next area, and a suitable IC excuse will be provided. Just about anywhere still open is a viable choice, and should you need an advice or help in choosing a new area such will be provided.

Hey GW,

I was unaware of the "slow close" as I cannot find the Trothgard posts anywhere. I really figured that they were done.

Hex
~
Morg

Post by Morg »

Perhaps inexplicably, the Trothgard threads seem to be temporarily in the Aveas forum. :)
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Thank you Morgan.

Hex
~

Return to “Poll Board”