Talk to the Hand....erm to the Monks (Chyril 25th late MT)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn gritted her teeth. As unvoluntary sacrifice for the community some yahren back she honestly did not see the appeal of dying unnecessarily.

I HATE being right! I TOLD em all the troubles came from the stones. Why wouldn't they listen? They are supposed to be the people from the land! WHY didn't they listen? Is it me? FUCK it! Why are people so insanely childish when it comes to pride! How hard is it to say yer wrong an just do the right thing to survive!

"When the people suffer, their god suffers." The youngster repeated words she had picked up from several of her strange near-immortal companions throughout her journey.

"So why would they want yet another sacrifice. Too many died already. Why would a stormlord not listen to the people that give him his strength. Why would he not see that Dominicus wins if he forces us into accepting old ways that ain't no longer holdin. They were broken, those old ways. Broken by the new guys.
So, time for new measures. We ain't got much time, cause Aeyta told me there were three ships goin for the tower of runes. She showed me in the sky. But I know it was real. Tor Alkeen, Broken Tower, Tower of Runes. Talkin about metablabla. Fact is, the Oneists were after it. An from the looks of it we might be too late for that too, cause that was bloody MONTHS ago. But then, we're still here, so we might be on time. She mentioned huge turnin storms too. Maelstroms."

She folded her arms. "AN guess, what...SHE said too that the gods are weakenin themselves with stupid bickerin! So it's time for them to deal with US, not with each other!"
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Had he had bushier eyebrows, Gavin's eyes might have had a nice shade as he frowned at the words coming from the Abbot and Gaelena. They really don't get it, do they? Sacrifice ain't gonna solve anything. It never did. It may sound selfish, but what good is something if you ain't around to enjoy it? Especially if there might be other ways to get the thing. For a man who had faced a demon and nearly died, defending his friends, and was later crushed by a moving oak, Gavin preferred to go down fighting if he had to go down at all. And this was not fighting but accepting defeat.

Syra's words were all well and in place, but again she was not clear enough, and Gavin once more spoke up, a long sigh preceding his words. "Vaga's ways are not ancient. And she did say that old ways aren't working no more. We should not just restore what was and live in fear of this whole thing happening again. We need to make new rules. Ones that are better for us than those in place." He paused, about to say something the Abbot and the girl might not like, but still determined to say it. "With all due respect, but Mother is a Goddess. And Gods are a bit detached from this world. They think and behave differently than mortals. And that is why we need a new pact or a way to make the Storm Lord stop his assault. Cause the old pact worked for a Goddess, and this one needs to be good for us. If we do make a pact."

He turned to the emerald eyed agent of chaos that was Syrawenn and hummed. "This Tower of Runes Aetya mentioned..... What's there? Can we go there? I mean you said she showed it to you in the sky." A quick glance at the Abbot. "Here's the deal. You can study the old ways, but don't you dare sacrifice anyone until there is absolutely definitely no other choice. Otherwise......" His voice dropped to a growl, for a flicker his eyes flaring with cold, blue flame. He said nothing more on the subject, turning to Gaelena. "Try to find out if they know more of how rituals came in place. Not just how to perform them, but also their significance. That might help you find an alternative to sacrifice. Best if nobody dies."
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

"Thank you, Sister," the Abbott said to Galaena. "Your words are wise and your heart has courage. Your task will not be easy, so take the time you need to prepare yourself. Mother Sonia will be able to guide you in the Hall of Thorns, when you are ready."

He listened patiently to Syrawenn, stepping forward to place a gentle hand on the troubled youngster's shoulder. Her words were a little clearer to him this time and even if they had not been, her anger and frustration with the Gods surely were. Although it wasn't the most pressing issue on the agenda, being a priest, he felt it was his duty to try and aid her through what he perceived as a spiritual crisis... even if she didn't really recognise or welcome it now, he hoped that she would think about it later.

"Why would they want a sacrifice? I cannot pretend to understand everything about the will of the Gods, little sister. Although we envision Them as men and women with the same desires as you and I... truly They are beyond anything our mortal minds can possibly comprehend. How can we know what the fate of this one world means amongst the infinity that They inhabit? How can we know that our worship is the only source of a God's strength? Or if strength and power are the only concerns of the Gods? These are not questions we will find the answers to in our time on Tazlure."

“I want to tell you something which I hope will help you to find peace. Mother Earth and the Father of the Heavens have not given us perfect lives... I sense that yours has been less perfect than most… but you see, in that imperfection and suffering, They have given us a great gift, and that is free will. We are not slaves, but sons and daughters. They have given us the power to shape our own lives, to love freely and to shape Their creation to our purposes.”

He smiled at the fiery young woman faintly. "You know, I think you are right. For Dort to be saved, our Gods must deal with us and not with each other. But I pray that you will not go to Them with anger and resentment in your heart. I do not believe that the suffering they have allowed is unnecessary, They have not made Themselves our masters, and unless we choose to make them so, They are not our enemies.”

Until this point, the Abbott had been a relatively calm and benign presence, but before Gavin had finished talking, the first signs of anger began to show on his face. His jaw set and his gnarled, sandaled feet shifted unconsciously into a wide-legged stance that was almost martial, like a swordsman preparing for combat, even though he was unarmed. “We are in agreement, and will take into account your advice, Brother Gavin,” he said to the big warrior firmly and quietly. “But there is no deal. Don’t you dare to threaten us in such a manner again, or you will find no welcome from this Order after this is over. Don’t bother defending yourself. It was a foolish thing to say and we both know it.”

“Now if we are done making idle threats,” the old priest took a deep breath and settled back into a more relaxed posture, although he continued to look a bit cranky, “here is my offer. I will lend my voice to the call for aid from the Duke. If you can manage to secure a ship, I will send along any priests and priestesses that you need to aid you in a search for the Tower of Runes. In addition, Sister Avi-Ralin has been teaching some of our Brothers and Sisters to use a network of stone portals she discovered to travel across the country. One of them will be at your disposal. Finally, if you can return by gravetide tonight, I will put out a call across the Isle. Mother willing, we will summon and unite those willing and able to protect our people from harm.”

“Will you accept this?”
Last edited by Turi on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

OOC: Pardon me barging ahead of the line, but certain things just beg to be addressed.

Perhaps Abbot did allow anger to surface, Gavin meeting his gaze calmly and sighing as the man finished. "Idle threats?" A brow arched up, the tall man tilting his head for a flicker, regarding the man of faith carefully. "Not all God's are like that. Some demand stuff in return, and even Father and other could some day ask us to repay their gifts." Before the priest could reply, he raised a finger and shook his head. "But, I won't get into religious discussion with you today. Maybe one day we can talk of faith and how the world was made, but we don't have time for that today." Another sigh and Gavin's eyes were lowered for a flicker. "If we do go to Gods because of this, it won't be with anger. Just like people is how we'll treat them. Anger may be there afterwards, but we have learned not to judge people before we meet them. Right Syra?"

Abbot's further words had Gavin pausing, the tall warrior pondering their next steps. "I think we can find us the ship by tonight. Count Johann might be willing to borrow us one, but we will have to travel to Hafne quickly. And we need to see Milkhaire and inform him of what we found." As his mind began working so did his feet, Gavin rising up and pacing the room. "Vaga wishes to be left alone, so unless necessary keep her out of it. We'll be back by the gravetide I think, so, ask those who wish to come to meet us here." Pause and a hum. "Not sure if we need priests and priestesses though. No offense, but they will be biased in this, and certain sacrifices will need to be made. Not those in blood, but more along the lines of ones a trader makes when striking a bargain. Mother may have to give a bit of her to save Dort and....." He paused a flicker, adding quickly. "But, if people coming know what needs to be done and if you pick them yourself, then we can use the help. Syra? Sister? Anything you can think of that could be of assistance?"
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

The youngster shook her head. Gaelena was being very helpful and yet it did not seem like their paths would go into the same direction.

Too much was going around and none of it made any sense. It was as if every single person who might possibly know something to help out here was contradicting each other and themselves. After Vaga had first told them to brace for the storm instead of trying to solve it she had come back on her words and bluntly told them that the deal was already being re-sealed with their own help, from the sound of it. And even though she insisted they had a choice, part one had already happened without them ever knowing about the deal in the first place.

So it don't fit. Syrawenn insisted. It don't. If shame was the purpose, who's was it? It wasn't Gavin's! An if that is wrong, then the rest don't fit either. An if it's all ours, then it COULD be that the sacrifice was already done cause damnit, I did! An pain? Ah fuck, who cares about pain. Bring it on. Just...not Gavin. Please not him. He's gotta live. Please.

It was as close to a prayer as the girl had ever come. Perhaps it was because of the kind hand on her shoulder or their presence in the Abbey. Yet her heart cringed at the thought of her deadly dreams once again affecting those she held dear.

Screw that. I love him. I know I'm selfish. I'll just go nuts if I loose him too. Please, don't let a blood sacrifice mean death. Not his death. Why can't my past be enough? I can't loose him. I really can't.

While she tried her utter best to work around the sound of her breaking heart, around her people started bickering again. This time the abbot himself got drawn in because of simply mistaking the words said. The girl shook her head. It was all so futile. Whatever she touched, would fall to ruin. She was never going to manage to get anything done. And now the dreams might come true again and take Gavin away.

The young woman was torn between complete paralysis and exploding into anger at all the injustice.

Shouldn't have been born. Everything wrong. Always. Bad luck.

"All we wanna do is help and this is what we get? So those that don't care will go happily on and we're supposed to loose everythin?" She muttered at the unseen forces, trying very hard to keep her tears back.

"I dunno where this tower is." Syra spread her arms in a helpless gesture. "I dunno shit. All I know is we're bein had again. It's supposed to be an old place, just like this, so check old maps for it's existance. It ain't some fabled place, it's real. I know it's real. Just dunno where. I always thought it was just over the sea from those standin stones. Dunno why. Felt like it. Prolly wrong."

She swallowed the rest of her words, not quite sure of her voice.
Gaelena

Post by Gaelena »

No one had to worry about being a sacrifice, because if one was needed, Gaelena would be the one to sacrifice herself. She had given her oath to heal those wounded and if it was the land that needed healing, she would give herself so that it could heal. So neither Syra or Gavin had to worry about the other in that regard.

"The Abbot isn't saying that we won't help," the healer said, her voice oozing calm as she looked between Syra and Gavin. "In fact, he's listed several ways that he's willing to help." Her eyes were steady on the pair. "I will ask the Old Ones where the maps are. If they are here, we will find them. If they are not here, we will still find them." There was a new determination in her voice.

"We must work together, even if it means separate paths. We have a common goal. Do not give up just because one path seems blocked. The Mother will guide us where we need to be."
[i]Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.[/i]
George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

[size=75]Avatar by Lena[/size]
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

A nod at Gavin. "We will have to wait and see what comes of this expedition, but I will ensure that any who choose to accompany you are aware of your wishes," the Abbot assured him. "We will start looking for maps," he said to Syra. "Even if we find nothing, we can search the area based on your guess." He had no need to add to Galaena’s words.

The bearded old priest stepped back and stared contemplatively at the three young people gathered around him. For better or worse, they had been the first to take on the responsibility for the protection of Dort from a threat of great uncertainty. No matter what he said, it was a burden which would weigh heavily on them all.

“The Goddess be with you.” Because he believed it, he invoked the ritual blessing despite the feeling he had that it wouldn’t mean very much to two of them at least. “I pray that by this time tomorrow, you will find yourselves less alone than you thought.”

OOC: Ready to finish?
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

"Across the sea from standing stones sounds possible. Maybe sister Gaelena can learn more of where it is supposed to be. We'll get a ship and she gets the location and if it fails then we sail to the spot you said you think it is. Your hunch is the best we've got and I would rather follow that than a clue someone I don't trust real well gave us." The tall warrior turned towards the priest and nodded. "We'll head to Hafne and speak with the Count and see about getting that ship. I'll send word with news on how it went and where we will meet those you manage to gather." He made to rise, but pausing glancing at Syra. "I think I am done here, and we ought to go unless you got something else to add."
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Syrawenn swallowed and nodded at the abbot.

Don't care, damnit! Don't care! Is better!

"Thanks, mister." She mumbled. "An tell yer goddess she's okay."

The girl turned to Gaelena. "G'luck. Don't get lost, kay? Lessee if we can make it work this time around."

Stupid remark.
Stupid pun.
No one will get that. Geez. What are you doing?

"All done. Let's go?"

ooc
All done :)
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

OOC: Thanks guys :)

Skilled, locked, archived

Return to “Dort Archive”