Harbor Gates (Chyril 25th)

Moderator: Mods

Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Post by Lir Calysta Markby »

Inwardly, Lir wondered what Krys had read already from her personality or appearance to think she would enjoy the Ha'Penny Mermaid. Of course, with her comment about definitely wanting company for the night and having some easy drunk to keep the ship healer warm made her throw up a little in her mouth. Instead of looking weak and sick, she in turn gave a small smirk. "We'll see. Scared, there isn't much that has scared me, but one never knows at times what they consider a weak point until they are right in the middle of it." The smirk turned back into a sweet little smile or whatever she could manage and wondered about the dwarf with a burnt hand. Luckily, she had some medicine from Sabata that was supposed to heal burns. Two likely candidates. A fork in the road.

Hesitation in asking any questions in reluctance of keeping the line plugged up, instead she leaned back a bit and waited to see if Krys had more to say or let her pass.
Beautiful avatar by [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe![/url] ^_^
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

There were only a few occupations that could have caused an injury that would have required a person to wear an eyepatch and the most common one of those was sailing. Given that Krys was ever quick to assume things about others, she had no problems in quickly assuming the woman before her was a sailor, if not a pirate and that she must have shared hammocks of scores of sailors on their last voyage. As it turned out people that day were definitely not fun at all, the female guard frowning as Lir refused to cause trouble and give her excuse to have a little fun at her expense. "Well, you are now in the middle of Empire so better watch out what you are doing. Mind your step as we are still clearing out the garbage from the coronation celebration yesterday. The place is a pigsty, though with really nice color scheme."

OOC: Please continue here
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Elsor
Civus

Post by Elsor »

A fairly small and nondescript boat sailed lazily into the harbour, where it stopped and a half-asleep passenger sat up in the middle of his mess of cargo. Slipping on a stray piece of cloth the youth moved to get a better look at his surrounds.
Elsor gazed around sleepily, yawning as she touched her head where a web of messy hair sat. It took a few seconds to register that she was finally at the beginnings of her new life, a brand new start. The Citadel.
"Well, who'da thought?" the Achadhiel murmured as she began to pack her things into a manageable order - namely a large sack.

Elsor straightened her scruffy self into something more presentable as she tied her boat to a post and made her way to the gates with her sack.
From waiting in line with the others who wished to pass through, Elsor overheard the name Krys. So the person who was going to sign her in...wasn't in such a good mood. Her nose twitched and she pulled a face to express her dread. Elsor thought she had been seen so she quickly ducked behind the man that was standing in front and childishly stifled giggles. Being alone at sea had brought back old habits that had a mental note to be abolished.

When it came to her turn she walked up to the desk, swaying a little from the the fact that she had been at sea for the best of a long while.
"Hello, I'd like to enter the Citadel. Is there anything I need to do so I don't get pulled up by someone?"
Her gaze flicked to the guards that were standing about.
Thanks to allavatars.com for my avatar!
Lir Calysta Markby
Civus

Post by Lir Calysta Markby »

A friendly smile and a non-committal nod was given, "I know exactly where I am and will be mindful of the trash. Try to have a good day."

Then Lir slung her possessions on her back to start heading in so she could start looking for a place to rest. Ha'Penny Mermaid or the Burping Dragon.
Beautiful avatar by [url=http://nairohe.deviantart.com/]Nairohe![/url] ^_^
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was a rather sleepy looking guard dozing as he sat propped against the wall that answered Elsor's question. "You need to register at the gates and then you are free to enter. That is provided you are not a wanted criminal or are in possession of anything illegal. Standard procedure." The line before her looked quite long and soon an indistinguishable yelling rose up front, a female spewing forth a stream of profanities at someone who managed to get her angry. Perfectly normal day at the Harbor Gates.

As luck would have it, Elsor did not have to wait for nearly half a mark before it would be her turn, as a tall man in his thirties emerged from the guardhouse nearby and engaged the guard who had answered the girl's question earlier in a hushed conversation. She was pointed out and a flicker later she found herself before a man with several stripes upon his uniform sleeve, the man obviously possessing a rank. "Good day, miss. I am Sergeant Duncan of the City Guard. Private Jenkins tells me you asked that odd question earlier. About getting pulled up by someone. I am wondering what you meant by it."
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Elsor
Civus

Post by Elsor »

The achadhiel grinned and put her hand to the back of her head, giving the man a cheeky, boyish look.
"I mean pulling me up by the scruff of the neck in front of all these people for going inside without a special permit or something," the girl in a boy's guise replied, completely missing the point of the question.
Elsor waved vaguely in the direction of her pathetic boat in comparison to the other vessels.
"I came by sea so unless travelling in such a tiny boat across the ocean is illegal, I should be able to go through..."
The dark-haired half-elf adopted a pensive look, hand up to her chin.
It doesn't sound too happy in there, she thought, I wonder if I could bribe these people with some of my shinies if I get into a rough patch.

"Pleased to meet you, Sergeant Duncan. I'm Elsor, by the way."
The pensive look was replaced by the sunny mask that was put on before. The girl in boy's clothing held out her hand to the man to give it a firm shake, sealing the thought that she was a boy.
"Lovely place you have here.."
Last edited by Elsor on Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merron Grimwood
Civus

Post by Merron Grimwood »

Merron inhaled the salty sea air and it tickled his nose a bit. He felt bored and lazy through the whole sea trip. He hated not being able to do anything. Merron's biggest regret was not taking any books with him on this journey, but it was ok now, since they finally reached the destination. He stood at the back of the ship and decided to move to the front, Merron couldn't remember the sailor term for the front of the ship, he wasn't even sure if he knew it in the first place.

He saw all of the travelers (there was about twenty others) already stood eagerly waiting for the ship to port. Grimwood couldn't see the city clearly through all of the backs so he moved to the front, receiving a couple of unfriendly glares. Merron was shocked, the chaos on the docks was incomprehensible. He never went near the docks in Roque D'Ancourt so the Achadhiel had no idea what was it like.

Merron didn't like it. There was too much mess, no coordination of things, no order. It irritated him to say at least, but judging by the frown on hs face it did more than that. Also there was a hint of fear on Merron's face. He never had to deal with a crowd of this magnitude. It clearly started to sink in, what citadel really was. It would be a lot harder than he pictured it in his mind.

Finally the ship was granted a slip and they were allowed to depart from the vessel. Merron was a bit in panic, he didn't know where to go or what to do? Or where to begin looking for his dream? He felt dizzy and confused. Eventually the flow of the people just guided him towards the gate. The gate to what maybe was Merron's future.
The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.
~Frank Herbert
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

OOC: Pardon the delay. It was unavoidable sadly.

The Sergeant hesitated a flicker before taking the girl's hand and smiling, motioning to the side and towards the gates. "You don't need a permit to enter. This is just a routine control of the travelers arriving into the city. A precaution if you will. This may look crude, but we catch a fair share of problems at the gates, though people are rarely banned from entering the city." Should Elsor choose to follow him, Duncan aimed to lead her to the gate and then past it. A small table has been set to the side, the Sergeant picking up a chair from against the wall and placing it so the girl could sit and join him there. Without speaking up, he poured them both a bit of something smelling strongly of alcohol, handing a tin cup to the newly arrived Westerner. "Salute, Elsor. Now, I don't mean to pry, but is there a reason why you are hiding your true sex? You are not wanted or anything?"

Merron's advance had been much slower that Elsor's, the young man witnessing the ease with which the boy in disguise passed him by, leaving him fourth in line, with a good few burns of waiting to come. It was by pure luck that the pair before him were Citadel residents and were thus allowed to pass without delay, the achadhiel finally finding himself before small, squinty eyed man, whose blue uniform marked him as Corporal. The piece of fabric which made the patch was almost vibrantly yellow and black, whereas the fabric of his uniform looked well worn and the pale blue of the City Guard was even paler on him. "Good day, sir. I will need your name, occupation, point of origin and reason for visit. Anything illegal on your person? Drugs, ill-gotten gains or magickal devices with offensive potential?" There was a short pause before the last phrase, the bit about magickal devices delivered in a flat and hurried tone of voice.
Merron Grimwood
Civus

Merron waited a bit after the man stopped talking. He wanted to be sure that there was nothing else to be said. The achadhiel chewed the questions in his mind and the only thing that could give him trouble was the occupation part. I don't have a lot of time to ponder about it, but I can't tell him I have no occupation... Time to speak you fool, time to speak Merron thought about removing his hood, but since he wasn't asked to do so he decided to stay hidden. "I am Merron Grimwood, scholar, I came from Roque D'Ancourt, I am interested in finding a master in a specific trade so I could become an apprentice."

Merron thought it would be better not to mention he was interested in Magic, due to the last soldier's remark and also he decided to ignore it. "No, I do not have any stolen goods or drugs, nor do I intend to hurt anyone." The achadhiel stood motionless just staring at the man's blue chest. I hope that was all he needed. But getting through the gate was the least of his troubles it seemed. Merron needed to find someone who could point him towards the right direction. The achadhiel was confused and lost, the Citadel frightened him a bit. He was all but in control...
Last edited by Merron Grimwood on Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Frank Herbert
Elsor
Civus

Post by Elsor »

"Salute, Elsor. Now, I don't mean to pry, but is there a reason why you are hiding your true sex? You are not wanted or anything?"

It was inevitable that someone would find out eventually but Elsor was still admant that her disguise would work. She flinched at the comment and looked around to see if anyone had heard.
"No, I'm not wanted. Do you know how dangerous it is for a girl to be travelling by herself? I use this disguise both to for my own protection and buyers are more willing to purchase from a male than a female."

The edgy Achadhiel took the cup gingerly and smelled the alcohol. She shrugged and sipped a little, coughing with the bitterness and unusual taste. Elsor wasn't the person to drink alcoholic drinks often.
"There's no prying in that sir, but how did you know I was a girl?"
Elsor sat down lightly, sitting on the edge of the chair and putting the cup back onto the table.
Last edited by Elsor on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

They were quite alone. Or as alone as one could be on a fairly crowded street, with dozens of travelers seeking to enter the city, merchants hawking their wares, and several tough looking men enjoying a bit of sunlight and generally lazing about. The table where Elsor and Sergeant sat was a bit secluded, tucked into a corner and her nervousness caused the man to chuckle in amusement. "Relax. Just don't shout and we can talk privately." He sipped his own liquor, one which Elsor might recognize as peach brandy, the fruity flavor barely noticeable under the sharp bite of alcohol. "You need to practice more. You sway your hips too much. And your shoulders are too stiff." He sat up straight and hunched his shoulders forward slightly. "Keep them like this. And keep your toes turned outward when you walk." Then with a grin he added. "A sock in your breeches might help too. Not so much a visual aid, as to remind you how to walk. Roll your thighs like you are straddling a pole all the time. Anatomy demands it of us, but try not to overdo it." He took out a piece of paper out of the drawer on his side of the table and looked at the girl across him. "Now, give me your real name, your occupation and point of origin. And a reason for visit. I'll keep your secret from others, but I have to write this down. Then later we can meet and see if you managed to improve your boy impersonation."

The information Merron gave Stu was a good start, but it certainly was not enough, the man carefully writing down the offered, the tip of his tongue poking out of the corner of his lips. "Can you be more specific about the kind of trade you wish to engage in? I need something more accurate to write down." He looked up and gave the achadhiel a scrutinizing look. "I may even be able to give you directions to a craftsman who would take you in as an apprentice if you tell me more."
Merron Grimwood
Civus

Merron tried to think about all the different angles to come up with an answer and finally he had to face the fact that he will have to tell him the truth. A lie may get him through but it would probably have negative consequences in the future. Merron licked his dry lips and simply stated "I am interested in studying magic." Well, as long as I'm telling the truth why not play along with his offer, it might lead to a good outcome "And any kind of information you could give me, would be really appreciated." Merron tried to make his voice sound friendly, but it came out formal and dry.

Oh well, what's done is done. Grimwood glanced over his shoulder and saw that this man's work is far from finished. The line of people seemed to be growing and growing. Maybe that could be an advantage to me, but who knows how things work around here? Merron let out a sigh and reverted his gaze back to the man in front of him. Grimwood's eyes showed no anger, just tiredness.
~Frank Herbert
Elsor
Civus

Post by Elsor »

Elsor coughed to cover a laugh when the man in front of her explained how to perfect her 'man' style.

"Now, give me your real name, your occupation and point of origin. And a reason for visit. I'll keep your secret from others, but I have to write this down. Then later we can meet and see if you managed to improve your boy impersonation."

"Right. My name is Elsor and I sell things I find at the bottom of the rivers and seas. A pearl merchant, of sorts. My point of origin is Roque D'Ancourt and my reason for visiting is so I can have a new audience and go travelling without bumping into any of my father's friends."

Elsor scratched the back of her head as she took a quick swig of the drink, instantly regretting giving the peachy consumable another go.

"You wouldn't happen to know where I can access the sea without having to pass these harbour gates every day, would you?"
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Post by Yelena Kintessia »

The Citadel. Yelena could feel that it was really close, as the chatter around her became louder. The voyage didn't seem too long to her, all she did was read her literature. She closed her book and packed her belongings and led herself out of the cabins onto the deck of the ship. She was pleasantly surprised. Definitely something she had never seen in T'aquar. There were so many boats, so many people. Adhiel, achadhiel, human and even a few races she had only seen in writing. She let her lip curl up a slight smile as the ship was just about ready to let it's passengers depart.

She scanned the area again, and saw the crowd at the gates. Most likely the point of entry, she thought. There were many people there, including guards. Leaning over the side of the ship she looked at the other ships docked in the harbor. Small, large, decorate, dull and perhaps every other kind of ship landed here. The Citadel would be an interesting place. Thea would have liked to come here...

The small adhiel closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she started to the crowd of people unloading off of the ship. A few push and pulls later she was on the dock. The line was fairly long, but Yelena was used to long waits and the only thing she could do was endure it until it was her turn.

Soon enough she was at the front. She walked up to the man and deduced that he was admitting the various persons into the city. He also had some papers around so she would have to give some information. Sternly she said, “Yelena Kintessia, Taloh.”
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Stu snorted as Merron revealed his true reason for visit, looking up after writing a few more words down. "Why did you not say so immediately?" Half-turning to the right he pointed a couple of elegant, tall towers visible over the rooftops. "That there is the University of Magic. I do believe that is the place you are looking for." With a sigh the slight man shook his head once more. "Magick is not forbidden here. NO need to hide wanting to learn that. We aren't the World's Mouth with their Inquisition and stuff. If you ask me they's stupid over there. Making magick forbidden makes it harder for guards to know who does magick. Here we have a list of students and mages and if something strange happens we know where to come to find the troublemaker. And honsetly mages are not very good at lying and pretending, unless they have been practicing that bit. And in the Mouth they are. Stupid merchants." He waved Merron past the gates, yelling for the next person in line to step forward.

With the information she had given him quickly written down upon the piece of paper, Duncan pushed the sheet to the side, letting the ink dry, and reached for the bottle to refill their glasses. "So, a diver then? No wonder you can almost pass for a boy." Without turning the Sergeant motioned over his shoulder with his chin. "The city is pretty much open once you get out of the Outer Ring. This is the only good harbor on the entire island and all we have to do is defend the bay and nobody can invade us. There is a lot of paths leading inland. Perhaps I can show you around a bit on 27th? I have a day off and I could use a bit of a walk. For a trinket you dive from under the waves I'll show you the Sleeping Dragon Bay. Deal?"

The line moved fairly quickly and had she arrived a few flickers later, Yelena would have had the luck of facing a benign little Stu at the gates. He was however busy delivering his impassioned speech about the stupidity of Mouthie politics and thus the petite adhiel came under Krys' unrelenting gaze. The blond guard wrinkled her nose as if she smelled something nasty, shifting her shoulders a bit. "And does a dreamy eyed missy have an occupation and a reason for visit? Or is she running away rather than fighting, like so many of her kin?" Her name was already noted down, as her point of origin and only a few more bits of information were necessary.

OOC: Merron and Elsor, you are free to pass into the Citadel proper. Please do PM me before doing so. Just need to know where your characters are heading due to the rather nasty riot that is taking place within the walls. Thank you.
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Grey Wolf wrote:"And does a dreamy eyed missy have an occupation and a reason for visit? Or is she running away rather than fighting, like so many of her kin?"

Yelena took a few seconds to understand what the guard had just said to her. Ah, an occupation and a reason. She thought she was in the clear. The tone of the guard's words did not strike well with her, she seemed to harbor some minor dislike with her people. She ignored it. Honestly she didn't have a true occupation, but it seemed fine for her to just tell what she wanted to do.

“I am here to... become a companion, to find an instructor,” she said slow and steadily. Surely this was all she had to say. She did not want to respond to her last remark because she could not afford to start some scene.
Last edited by Yelena Kintessia on Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elsor
Civus

Post by Elsor »

Ooc; Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Bic;

Elsor nodded with the helpful hints and grinned awkwardly at the comment on diving. She wasn't sure if it was a compliment or not.

"The city is pretty much open once you get out of the Outer Ring. This is the only good harbor on the entire island and all we have to do is defend the bay and nobody can invade us. There is a lot of paths leading inland. Perhaps I can show you around a bit on 27th? I have a day off and I could use a bit of a walk. For a trinket you dive from under the waves I'll show you the Sleeping Dragon Bay. Deal?"

Elsor nodded, a bit worried. Did he know how she dived, and the nature of it? Perhaps not, but she sure hoped she could entertain him until the dead of night.

"I'd be delighted."
Merron Grimwood
Civus

Merron let out a sigh after he listened to what the man had to say. So he could really pursue his ambition here in Citadel it seemed. He nodded and hurried through the gates. Finally Grimwood was in the city and he already knew the next goal. The University of Magic... Sounds like the place I was looking for

Merron lifted his gaze to look at the towers he had been shown and with increasing excitement he quickened his pace towards them. Merron was oblivious to his surroundings. Maybe later, after he had quenched his thirst for knowledge he would stop to look at the city, but at that moment the city was nothing but a blur he had to go through to reach the University.

While pacing Merron’s mind raced. I wonder, what will it be like? Will I get a tutor? Or maybe they teach you in classes? If there’s money involved I may have to find a job… I don’t really have any skills; just my memory and slight blade skills. Merron began to worry and his fast walk turned into something awkward between a jog and walk. Grimwood decided to shut off his mind and just concentrate on getting where he needed to.
~Frank Herbert
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The answer did not cause Krys to react at all, the guard's eyes still scrutinizing the girl before her, a few flickers passing before she stood up, glancing over the table, looking at Yelena's toes. The guards eyes traveled up her legs slowly, pausing at her hips, a small frown marring the blond guard's face before she moved higher, examining the breasts of the would be companion for quite a while. Finally she moved up to her face, and tapped her chin as he looked Yelena straight in the eyes. Then she shrugged and sat down, noting down the information she had been given. "Pity the Red Rose Guild got burned down pretty bad last night. You'll have to find another way to learn how to be an obedient little s.....companion." She glanced to a cluster of guards leaning against nearby wall and grinned viciously. "I could help tutor you a bit if you wish, but it'll cost ya. My skills don't come cheap you know. But, I promise you'll see the results after only a few sessions." The guards chuckled at those words, with Krys looking up Yelena with a serious expression, adding nonchalantly. "And you still have not told me why you left Taloh."
Leon Crowley
Civus

Post by Leon Crowley »

Ships and voyages were not Leon Crowley's most favourite things, and indeed, he had spent a lifetime trying to avoid them both with equal diligence, in the vague (and incorrect) belief that he was of such stock as should make a living out of doing as little as possible. However, one could not very well fly to the Citadel unless one was a bird... or very rich... and he was neither.

So it was that he found himself at the docks of the great city, having disembarked from a large and stately carrack which had delivered, among other things, a cargo of fish to the isle. Why any merchant vessel would think to try and sell fish to an island was quite beyond Crowley's ken, but what was considerably worse was that the smell had permeated his cloak, and seemed to be clinging to his nostrils. Leon was not certain he could think of a more unfortunate fate than smelling faintly of fish; and as for the cloak, it would regrettably have to be burned at the earliest opportunity.

Somewhat vexed at this most lamentable turn of events, Leon made his way towards the harbour gates, where it seemed all manner of hopeless riffraff swarmed about like so many filthy rats. Pausing before he took his place amongst the throng, Crowley ran a hand over his hair in a slightly over-obsessive gesture. It was, by almost all accounts, still perfectly bound, with barely a strand or two escaping to fall in his grey hued eyes - but by Leon's impossible standards, it was a complete mess.

There was absolutely nothing that could be done about this while still in the dockyard, but still, it was with some difficulty that Crowley resigned himself to this condition and took his place in the queue, vowing silently to find appropriate lodgings directly, and to take a long and soothing bath. Yes, only after that would he feel human enough to venture out into the city and see what it might have to offer him.
Last edited by Leon Crowley on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Yelena could feel it now. The guard's blue eyes were piercing her, like they were trying to take her apart piece by piece to examine. Yelena continued to observe her just as well. As the woman's gaze shifted, she let out a frown. What was she looking at... or for? She came to realize what the woman might have been doing as she stared for a while at her chest. What is she doing, it's like this woman is trying to undress me with her eyes. It wasn't the first time she had been examined by another woman's unrelenting gaze. Yelena didn't feel it was necessary to move. If she wanted to look she could. The lady guard was tapping her chin when they both made eye contact. At this point Yelena was thinking of something to say, but the guard shrugged and started to write more information down with her quill before she spoke.

"Pity the Red Rose Guild got burned down pretty bad last night. You'll have to find another way to learn how to be an obedient little s.....companion."

Ah, that was information that Yelena needed, if any at all. The Red Rose Guild burnt down? That shouldn't mean it's still not operating somehow. As she was deep in her thought Yelena failed to notice the little switch at the end of the sentence, but the woman's next words caught her ear. As she looked up she could see the malevolent grin forming on the woman's face.

"I could help tutor you a bit if you wish, but it'll cost ya. My skills don't come cheap you know. But, I promise you'll see the results after only a few sessions."

Yelena gave a slight wiggle of her ear in curiosity. Lessons, from her? I don't even know much... She seems very interesting at least. What do you think Thea? She doing what you did when you first saw me in the tree. Of course, the real Thea didn't answer. Yelena gave an inner sigh with her eyes closed before she looked ahead again. The guards off to the side laughed, but the look on the female guard's face did not change. Yelena's visage was about to clear up until the guard mentioned Taloh and she reverted back. “My mother and father persuaded me to leave Taloh and move on in the world. My people still fight valiantly for their land,” Yelena said with conviction. She calmed herself down before addressing the guard again. “As for your offer... I believe I will take it up.”
Last edited by Yelena Kintessia on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

Above, the sounds of chatter grew louder and louder. Paige could tell by the volume and the tones of voice used in her fellow passengers voices that they must have arrived in the Citadel. The raven-haired adhiel grabbed up what little belongings she had and stood up, ready to go up on deck. The anxiety that had disappeared once she saw that Amun-Rah was out of sight, suddenly reappeared tying her stomach in knots.

Paige was more aware now than ever, that this was a new life for her approaching. Compared to the life she lived before on Amun-Rah, a new life should have been like finding a rare treasure but Paige, although she would never admit it was scared. After a few moments of blurred thoughts, Paige collected herself and took in a deep sigh. There was no way she would ever turn back to her former life.

"It's now or never,"she assured herself as she pulled her long black cloak tightly around her slender figure and proceeded up the creaky wooden stairs, out onto the deck.

All around her, passengers were getting in line to walk down a steep wooden plank, onto the docks. After a few long moments of pushing and shoving, she finally stepped out onto the docks and headed toward where the crowd was forming. Paige knew that must be where she had to go in order to gain entry into the city. After all, that is where the gates stood. Where there are gates, there most certainly are guards.

It took some time but before Paige could inhale another breath of salty, sea air, she noted that she was at the front of the line. It was now her turn to give her information and hopefully it would be good enough to where she could enter the Citadel.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

While the fishy smell may not have been easy on Leon's nostrils the same held true for the nostrils of other travelers and as such he was given a rather wide berth in the queue that formed at the Harbor Gates. The line moved fairly quickly, and had he arrived but a few short burns earlier the young man might have caught a glimpse of a face every Muschislian knew and a great deal of them hated. The Tyrant of Muchislie, or as he styled himself now Imperial Secretary Silk had passed the gates, having recently arrived to the island after an extended absence.

As luck would have it, it was Stu who was the first guard on duty available, the man's nose wrinkling as the scent of fish assaulted his nostrils. He looked up at the newly arrived freeloader, sniffed the air once more and tapped his chin. "Now either you have a ragfish in your pocket or you have come aboard Sneaky Serpent." He glanced towards the Harbor where just that ship was starting to unload the fish that it had brought in. "I don't think you are a fisherman, so I will need your name, occupation, point of origin and a reason for a visit, if you do not mind. And, I'll need those things even if you do mind, but then I will have to insist."

Paige found that both the guards on duty were busy at the moment, and that she would have to wait a few flickers more, before proceeding forward, the blond female guard eyeing the girl before her with obvious interest. Yelena's answer caused Krys to grin with a wicked glint in her eyes, casting a knowing look to her fellow guards, to which they burst into laughter, obviously sharing a private joke with her. "Alr......" She never finished the word, a sharp whistle sounding behind her, most of the people turning to witness a strange object shoot up into the sky, leaving a trail of smoke before exploding a dark grey cloud spreading from where it detonated. "What the fuck is that?" Such word were perhaps not suited to woman's lips, but that is just what Krys uttered, as the cloud continued to spread, easily visible from anywhere in the city. "You can go, Yelena. Come seek me out here for your lesson. Tomorrow." Krys replied almost absentmindedly, as Sergeant sent out a few men to check out what was going on. Paige was left in the front of the line, the table at which Krys sat free for her to approach.
Paige
Civus

Post by Paige »

With great interest, Paige scanned the sky and behind the blonde guard. She began to wonder if this sort of thing happened often, for it seemed that some were not that shaken up by what had just occurred. To no avail, Paige returned her gaze to where she stood, to the rough looking, female guard. It was now her turn to approach the table.

"Things like that happen often?" the dark beauty asked with a wry smile as she approached the table. Her black cloak opened slightly in the breeze, to reveal her flattering figure dressed in a tight fitting, black corset and short, blood red skirt. The raven-haired adhiel couldn't wait to rid herself of the salty, fishy smell of the harbor and find a place to rest her head for the night. "What am I to say for an occupation to this woman?" Paige wondered to herself.

"Hi, I'm your average town wench looking for work," Paige thought, playing it out in her mind. She could picture the look of disgust on the woman's face when she would tell her. Infact, Paige received that look often. It really didn't come as no suprise.

Paige didn't like her choice in work but what else was she suppose to do? She wasn't book smart and all men seemed to pay attention when it came to her anyway, was her looks. No, this wasn't all she would become. The adhiel was determined. Determined as ever to find a way out of this wretched life-style. The Citadel seemed to offer opportunities and Paige would find one and carry through with it when the right time came along.
Last edited by Paige on Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Yelena Kintessia
Civus

Yelena nearly returned the guard's grin with one of her own, but the laughter coming from the others on the side caused her to revoke the action. She bit her lip with her eyes reluctantly eying the guard. Ah, I can't figure her out. The guard began to interest Yelena because she was mysterious and had an air of insolence, even if there was a hint of something fishy. Curiosity guided her thought at the moment and the face of her mind gave a smirk. I do want to know more about her, who she is, what she is going to do, what she does... Actually maybe not the last one... And then she remembered. Ugh, maybe not. She did this with a lot of people she found interesting, but her fear of attachment always found a way to snap her out of the thoughts.

She seemed to be clear to enter the Citadel and looked at the guard for confirmation. Yelena heard just the hint of a word before a different, piercing sound drowned it out completely. It came from above. She looked up immediately just as everyone else did and spotted something shooting straight up into the air, before it blew up into a dark cloud. "What the fuck is that?" she heard the guard say. She gave a laugh inside. Not exactly the model woman. Besides that, what just happened?

"You can go, Yelena. Come seek me out here for your lesson. Tomorrow." The guard ordered her subordinates to investigate what had just happened. Yelena gave a nod before she spoke, “Okay, I will. I don't happen to know your name, but I'm sure I'll find out tomorrow.” She gathered her things and entered the city. From the fire to the Red Rose Guild and the exploding flying object, something was up. Oh how she missed the trees.
Last edited by Yelena Kintessia on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”