To Kill a Raevyn (Cheryl 25th: Late MT)Closed

Moderator: Mods

Draydis Quinn D`Anorre
Wolf, Commander Emerald Guard

To Kill a Raevyn (Cheryl 25th: Late MT)Closed

Post by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre »

Draydis put away his things in his small room. It was nice, but certainly not the typical quarters to which he was accustomed.

Once he was settled in, the Guard general went to the room where Penth was staying. He knocked upon the door and awaited a response.

The bard knew something of Raevyn. Dray had not seen her since the morning after the night Taquar burnt, and needed to know more about her. He was certain that if she were here, that there would be a confrontation, as she indicated clearly that she wanted Draydis dead.

He frankly felt the same for her. She was a disease to the world, and she was entirely too quick tempered and untrustworthy. Her death would be a welcomed event...one worthy of great celebration...
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Raevyn: Serving billions and billions since Sam. 15.

DMD Member since 2005
Med

Post by Med »

It seemed a fine enough day to the bard things were going rather well actually for once. Then there was a knock at the door. He hesitated for a flicker wondering if he was about to get kicked out of this fine room.. Those were some nice sheets...

Still he had faced worse so he opened the door ever slowly to see the tatooed Emerald Guardsman and gave a nod and a wave of th hand to enter as he knew no pleasant discussion was on this stern one's mind.

Once he entered Penth took a chair by a window and nodded to the other a little uncertain of what this was about but at the same time he knew if it dealt with burrr the scary dark one it was probably bad.

"Would you like some water, wine, or anything Sir Draydis they do seem to give us everything here." he chuckled a little bit uncomfortably hoping to alleviate just a slight bit of tension, but figured it would not work.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Dray gave a slight bow before he entered the room, and smiled as Penth did his best to be a great host.

"Please, I am not a knight, so just Draydis or Dray is fine."

The guardsman did his best to remove the cold tone from his voice, though it was still present somewhat. He could tell that the other was nervous about something...hopefully it wasn't him. He took a seat when it was offered.

"Yes, they have done well despite the small quarters given. At least it does certainly beat a night on the ground."

He chuckled slightly, and then turned rather serious.

"You mentioned Raevyn at our first encounter in the guardhouse. Please tell me what you know of her."

Draydis did not yet want to mention his hatred for the dark adhiel, for he did not know if Penth was an ally of hers or an enemy as well. He hoped for the former, for he did not want to have to add another to his list of those to kill...

DMD Member since 2005
Med

Post by Med »

His unease settled a little slightly but there was something he could not quite put his finger on about this one. He did not know Draydis, but as a pure and simple person Penth could almost sense unpleasantness in one's soul. It tended to throw him off a little. Trying to shake it off a little..

"Well I imagine you might have to get used to such sur names Draydis. It is a part of being someone of importance and the Emerald Guard was highly revered. Like Master Theorn in dedication to ones such as him you should consider such a matter of respect."

Honestly Penth had been quite scared of them all at the time of the caravan. He was without a job though and did feel he needed to get out of King's Court fast due to his former job.

Penth thought back it had been a long time seemed like far too long now after seeing Ulderon again.The nightmares had passed, but all the deaths never quite went away. Even the ones he took though they were orcs. He began almost half speaking to himself rather than the other,

"Raevyn was there on a caravan ride. We were transfering some sort of supplies I never truely understood the whole thing. Ulderon too, Morgana, Antos, others...We were accompanied by the Emerald Guard. Why I am not sure I was but a cook and Ulderon attended the horses if I recall right, but there were problems."

Penth looked down he didn't know this adhiel well but he sensed one thing that something had happened. Something bad. He knew that feeling all too well.

"Wel before we set out for your lands there was already fighting amongst them. I had a few problems of my own sir.. I mean Draydis. Not with them mind you. But I had a terrible feeling about things. As usual I was a bit more than right. Raevyn seemed the first to instigate these things but I guess she was just that way and well rather scary to me and Ulderon."

"The first attack from the.." he gave pause, "the orcs came out of nowhere Raevyn charged off with blood lust in her eyes I suppose a few others did the same we got left bahind and almost got killed. Mind you they did come back. A couple were lost though and did not return with them."

"I have never been much of a fighter but that day I killed for the first time. I know others are of stroger things than I am, but that never went away." the minstrel looked miserable simply even speaking the words like he might break in half right there.

He gulped audibly as the next part seemed like it might be harder..

"We made it to some fort. Ulderon and I had gotten to be friends by then but Raevyn well she was always at odds with everyone there seemed more going on with her and the merchant Antos, but I never figured it out as he died there when we got attacked yet again. She was the only one who saw him die. He was rather scary on his own part mind you to me at the time."

"I didn't question much at the time I simply wanted to live and even if I ended up in the lands of where they all might have came from terrified me it was a better chance. The orcs shot burning rocks and more at the fort I was a little out of it that morning from the night before, but there was something about Raevyn disclaiming Antos was dead when I saw her nowhere around while we did our best. It was not like her to not be in the midst of battle."

"We traveled onward after such and she seemed to try to befriend us more. Me and Ulderon that is. There were few of us left by that time. We had yet another battle getting to your former city and Raeyvn was offered to join the Emerald Guard. We spoke once at a tavern there but it was brief as I wanted to get away from them all and everything else."

Penth let his words hang not realy knowing what the tatooed warrior wanted he spoke more out of self redemption trying to lift something off himself. He did manage to gaze back feeling a bit more resolve.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

"Theorn was indeed a great warrior. He taught me how to handle my blades and all the other weapons I carry. I have not seen him in some time now.

For a flicker, Draydis remembered hearing about Theorn aligning with the Thorns...the ones that fought against the Guard...the ones that sided with the demoness...

That story remained untold for the moment.

"I seek not to be known as a sir. I desire only to be known for my devout following of the Mother and Her teachings, for my prowess on the battlefield, and for living in such a way that I live up to the code of honor of the Guard."

He listened to the tale Penth told. It was one that Dray knew parts of, but did not know all the details. When Penth finished, the guardsman spoke again.

"When I first joined the Guard, I shared a room with Raevyn. From the start, she and I did not like one another. There was no clear reason for it...perhaps just a difference in personalities or world views. We never fought directly...it was always more of a verbal sparring. But she did tell a bit of the tale that you just told."

He thought back about the first days of the Guard and how he had felt. It hadn't been that long ago when he was just a recruit. How funny that in such little time he had become the Commander of the Guard, and now was having to rebuild it all from nothing. It was sad that so many of his kind had perished...

"I fought next to her against orcs that threatened our lands. I noticed that she was different than all the others that were there. She lived for the kill. I had my own grudge against the orcs, as they had killed my family and enslaved me for a time...but where I killed for revenge, she killed for joy...for pleasure."

Draydis studied the bard for just a moment to gauge his reaction...

"The night that Taquar burnt, Raevyn and I fought side by side again. Several of us had fought against the demon hounds that roamed the street, and we all met at the temple rooftop. There, we fought against an evil mage who had summoned the demoness to our city. During the fight, Raevyn had attacked him from the front...I attacked at the same time from his flank. Both she and I had sustained terrible wounds, and I am certain that we both were fighting only because of sheer determination to destroy the dark mage. Somehow, my blades pierced through the mage and went into Raevyn. It was not intended, but she did not see it that way. After a time of healing, she confronted me about it. There was death in her eyes, and I knew that one day she and I would fight again...and one or both of us would not walk away. She was sent away on a mission, and I was sent by the Avatar to find a blade that could destroy the demoness that had been summoned. I haven't seen Raevyn since then."

Again, the guardsman paused.

"So, it is for that reason that I wanted to talk with you. You had said that you have seen her, and I was hoping that she was not present at this event. While it is my clear intention to not cause any problems here, I know that a meeting with Raevyn here would certainly end in a fight."

He then stopped speaking, as if waiting for an answer from Penth...

DMD Member since 2005
Med

Post by Med »

Penth thought for some time, perhaps aqwardly for the warrior before him, but even he knew matters of such things had to be a little thought out in a clearer sense.

"I can not tell you where her heart lies for I can't fathom such things. Great hatred and revenge seemed to spring up after Morganna died, but there never seemed much remorse in her before."

rolling it around in his brain a bit as he continued,

"She seemed this way from the first time we met though. And I think a few more things happened on that trip than just orc spilled blood. I spoke once of it to Ulderon. Raeyn often tended to seem to bully us so we tried our best to stay distant. Niether of us even had a sword to defend ourselves on the attacks. And our lives didn't seem held in high value I am afraid to say untill so many others had died and then they wanted us to fight too."

"And we had... no one taught us to use a sword.. no one gave us any armament that I recall, but Ulderon picked up an orc blade on the battle field and I used my dagger in desperation for survival as outcasts in something we had no clue about."

"My answer would be she defended our livesa few times out of selfish motivation I am not sure, but a time or two she seemed to be reaching out? Perhaps there is still some good there" Penth finished his oration with a bit of a quizical look to the other.

Having calmed his nerves a bit talking a lot did that for him he just had to continue in his usual fashion of utter bluntness.

"So why have you all come to the Citadel" he questioned pondering his own thought, "I mean if you just wanted to rebuild the Emerald Guard would it not be better to do so in your own land?"

Giving an eye to ther and studying his reactions on this... He was simple but it made him more apt to not even look through the complexities others used so straight forward reasons came naturally to him. After all if it rains you find something to put over your head,right?
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Draydis nodded. "That sounds like Raevyn...you are disposable in her eyes unless you are of further use to her." His words were cool, but without edge. It was quite obvious there was a complete lack of compassion for the dark adhiel.

"I simply hope that she is not here, as I know that trouble will follow. Pray tell me that you haven't seen her since your journey with her."

The conversation then turned to the Guard...

"Thrandil felt it was appropriate for us to represent Taquar at the ceremony. He is in charge of all diplomatic affairs, though based on his last words to me, I feel perhaps that I acted in haste when I gave up some of my sole command of the Guard to him for that purpose." There was a smile on his face, but his words tended to reflect that Dray was truly bothered by Thran's treatment of him in front of the others. It wasn't clear if he was angered or if the emotion was hurt. Either way, it had cut...

"We are trying to rebuild the Guard. We felt that there might be ones here that could aid us in that endeavor. While it is true that being in Taquar would be the most logical, it is my feeling that we need allies from all parts of Tazlure. Before, the Guard was closed in its thinking of the world, only allowing in citizens of Taquar. I feel that we can grow from learning from cultures outside of my lands. Furthermore, the Guard's purpose is to serve and protect the weaker, those that are being wronged, and to fight for justice. This mission, in my heart, cannot be successfully completed if we remain only within Taquar."

DMD Member since 2005
Med

Post by Med »

"No sir the last I have heard or seen of her is when she left for the Emerald Guards." Penth thought about it for a momenta little smile crossing his face as he imagined all the posibilities of what the Dark Adhil might be doing now. One of the images brought a bit og myrth to him.

"Perhaps she owns a little floral shop? Spending her days weaving lilac head dresses and watering roses?" the minstrel chuckled at the thought sharing it to perhaps alleviate the warrior's concern.

"As for your associate Dray. If I may be so bold. I did note he looked at you with admiration and frindship in his eyes when we were first introduced. Those things are not easy to fake. Sometimes a friend does things for the better of his partner by taking a burden that the other can't shoulder? I am not sure." he paused, "But two working together can make things one by himself can not always see clearly." the minstrel stated pondering own words for a bit.

"It does seem wise to attend the ceremony as reprentatives of your endeavors and there may be many more here that will help and perhaps even have your same beliefs at heart. Master Ulderon I think is built of such measure, but you would have to aproach those matters yourself."

"And I myself am willing to aid you and your companions if you desire it. My skills many not be being a great warrior or much of else, but being a wandering fool I do think cause sounds just though and there would be quite a story for me to tell. And one with more than a few friends" he finished and extended his hand to shake the others as a sign of trust.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

Dray chuckled at Penth's joke. He briefly imagined Raevyn in a flower shop. It was far too amusing to think about for too long.

He listened closely to the bard's words regarding Thrandil. "I appreciate your honest words. It is true that I often have been quick to act. I am sure that Thran simply picked up on one of my emotions beginning to boil as a result of me hearing that the warriors of this kingdom had been the ones that set fire to Taquar." He gave Penth a smile, reassuring him that his emotions were now in check. "There is a reason why I'm the warrior and he's the diplomat."

If there was any question as to the reason, one would only have to look at the scars all over Dray's body, the tell-tale marks of frequent battle upon his armor, and the variety of weapons hanging upon his person.

"Together, we have created a plan for the rebirth of the Guard. We believe that the leadership should be shared between several individuals, such that each can specialize in their own particular area of interest. Thrandil is best at diplomacy and politics, so that is his area. I am the leader for our military efforts, be it the regular forces or the holy warriors."

He nodded in agreement. "Yes. You are correct, good Penth. Working as a group is quite often the best way. Thank you for helping me to understand and see that perhaps he was just doing his best. It is something that I want to talk to him about though, all the same, as his words should have been kept for a time of private and not uttered in front of others." He smiled. "My words for Thrandil will be much less angry now though."

This Ulderson sounded interesting. "Can you tell me more about Ulderon? Do you think he would be willing to join with us or lend his aid?"

The next question he had was answered before it was even asked. "I know that I would certainly be happy to have you join with us."

The tattooed adhiel shook Penth's hand and gave him a smile.

"It might be dangerous where we are going, as it is our job to seek out trouble and correct is as best we can." He studied the appearance of the bard, looking for armor or weapons. "Perhaps you would be interested in learning a bit about defending yourself along the way. I'd be happy to teach you what I know about battle, as I believe several of our Leafs are in dire need of training. But otherwise, with the Mother as my witness, I will do my best to make certain that no harm comes to you."

DMD Member since 2005
Med

Post by Med »

Penth shook Draydis's hand in a symbol of resolve towards the other.

Speaking of Thrandril "Well some things are worked out in time my friend."

Penth thought about that word friend for a moment he had never been easy around the adhiels before, yet all of the things they spoke of were the same things he had thought of. He had lived as a street urchin as a child and seen much injustice, but somehow kept a pure heart and a spirit of innocense.He never liked those that preyed on others there was just something wrong about that in his mind, that simple. And these ones he met mace him feel at ease.. there really was something right about them. He had never made many friends in his life people did seem to like him, but the bard was more the type to be all in if he gave such trust and he knew his owrds before he spoke them.

"Well I will be there for you Dray. I do not have killing in my heart though. I don't think the Moon Lady likes such. If I have to fight it is to protect my life or that of friends only." Penth stated.

This may well have gone against the others ideals.

"I do not even believe in such for revenge." commenting upon Draydis's accusations on the pillaging of his land. He knew and could tell this may have been a source of pain for the other, but the minstrel believed a lighter path had to be followed. If you only set out on such things were you not as bad as them after all?

"Ulderon is much changed from the time I knew him, but if you have a simple heart it stays with you. He has seemed to have many troubles himself. He was Captain of the Purple Guard here and I am not sure but I believe he was betrayed."
Penth wondered a bit about that whole affair.

"I would use a weapon if needed, but I can not say I would ever use one unless it was the last resort."

The bard looked at the other with serious intent in his eyes upon that matter. He held no violence in his breast, but knew of dangers and knew he would face them with the rest as he had given his word, but not open blood shed.

It was odd and totally off topic but he did have another thing to ask. "You spoke of a mother before, you mean of something higher than us?" it was a question of complete honesty though he had heard of the various religions he had never been to a temple or learned a thing about a single one.
Last edited by Med on Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

"I can respect your view towards battle." He gave a smile to the other. "There are many roles necessary in the growth and development of our world. It is unfortunate that the ways of the warrior are necessary...though it is one that I gladly follow in order to protect those that are weak, innocent, or unfairly treated." A serious expression briefly crossed his face before it once again passed. "The destruction of my homeland and its people is a matter that will be resolved in time."

The other brought up the Mother then. He was happy to speak about his Mother, as the other topic seemed to be fully discussed.

"The Mother is all around us. She is the cycle of life. She is the seasons. She is nature. In the spring, she brings new life to everything around us. In the summer, she nurtures us all. In the fall, the cycle of life begins to slow, and in the winter, she brings death such that there may be a rebirth."

He paused for a moment to allow the other to ponder his words for a moment. "There have been many times where the odds against us were far too great for mere mortals to survive, and Her blessings allowed us to prevail. I've been granted great power by Her hands in many times, and know that She guides me even now. When I last saw the great city in Taquar, our Avatar began to work with me such that I could become a paladin of the Mother Crone...the lady winter."

"There are ones that desire to taint our world, and I feel that my Mother has called me to Her side, and that it is my duty to help to eliminate that taint from Tazlure."

He decided that directly mentioning his desire to becoming Her holy assassin was unnecessary at this time, as he did not want Penth to feel any more uncomfortable than he already seemed. His words were probably enough to let Penth know the desires of his heart and soul.

"What do you know of the pantheon, my friend? Have you ever felt the blessing of a deity?"
Last edited by Draydis Quinn D`Anorre on Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

DMD Member since 2005
Med

Post by Med »

Penth had an odd way about him often,

"Do your homelands just give you rage in your heart? I ask this because if your desire is simple bloodshed, then you have fallen where Raevyn did. I mean no disrespect, but your purpose must be higher than that of one person. I will still follow you Draydis." he used the full name to make a point.

"I do not give such lightly and do believe others should be protected. I am no seasoned warrior but I don't think we crossed paths blindly and it is why I asked about the mother."

Penth gave a pause he seemed to have a little more resolve in him.

"I know nothing of pantheons. I have never visited but one temple that of the beauty of the forest and land. A friend spoke of the Moon Lady once and she seemed nice, the type that guides you when things are dark?"

The minstrel shrugged. He had never really understood the concepts he found greatness in the smallest of things and remarkable natures in something as simple as a scratch in a wall.

"I do not think we will be going where Ulder is off to, he is leaving the Citadel. It saddens my heart to lose a friend again but I have new ones and must abide by my oath. I ask only three things if you accept me into your service."

The bard closed his eyes for a moment this was hard. He had not given such trust in some time. He could tell the general had some built up rage but Ulderon seemed fine. He was married and this trio could use his help more and in there maybe he finally found his own path. No more hiding in the grass.

"First I would like to know what we are doing after this and not be kept blind on what we are doing. The first day I ever killed I was a cook and I will not face such adversity again. I had only my knife and they told us nothing."

He rolled that scenario around in his mind it was almost just like the bully's that beat on him when he was a street urchin.

"Next I don't want to be wading through grass with a dagger in my hand if bad times come. I also prefer the blood never pouring over me" his heart sank but his lips steeled "Some other weapon."

"Last if we worship the mother teach me all and we embrace the mother values and everything together. If anyone finds it not to their liking let them go freely?"

Penth had grown into a man he didn't even know it yet but he had just said words and made pointed remarks that could get him cut down in his chamber. No one would know. Yet for once he was not afraid of anything and he stood on the platform of virtue.
Draydis Quinn D`Anorre

"Rage? No. It does hurt my heart to still remember the sounds, the sights, and the smells of the night that my city died. There were so many slaughtered that had no interest in the war. It was senseless. Against an enemy that kills without concern or purpose, that is the one I will happily take blades against. Raevyn is one such as that. She kills for no other purpose than to kill. She takes sport in it....pleasure. I do not find joy in battle, but I do gladly take my position where the Mother has placed me. She has given me my abilities and a desire to serve Her. That is my duty, and I take it seriously."

He smiled at the other, and listened to his three requests.

"I will happily make certain that you know everything that we do prior to taking action. I refuse to let any blindly follow where I go, as that removes their free will. I want the new Guard to be one of loyalty, duty, and honor, where those that fight and follow are there by choice."

Draydis smiled as the bard mentioned that he wanted a weapon that did not get blood on his hands. "A bow is what you seek, and that is a weapon I can teach you much about. In many a battle, my arrows, guided by the Mother's blessings, have slain enemies before they could reach our ranks. The bow, when used properly, can cut down the ranks of the enemy with great effectiveness....all without a drop of blood getting on your hands."

The final request was easy. "I would not demand any to follow the Mother. Faith is something you choose...not something that is imposed upon you. If you are told to believe something, then it will not reside within your heart. Without complete belief in something, faith does nothing. I am happy to teach you all I know of the Mother, but first, you must allow your heart to be open to Her. Perhaps after the ceremony we can find a place to pray to Her and ask Her to begin to prepare your heart for Her lessons?"

He smiled. "If any chooses to follow another, or chooses to leave the Guard, they go without a fight. I would not want any to stay that are not happy with their position. We work, fight, protect, and live as brothers."

Surprisingly, Draydis did not anger at all at Penth's words. Perhaps the guardsman had a longer fuse than many gave him credit for...

DMD Member since 2005
Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

Skilled to this point and Locked. Archived due to inactivity.

Return to “Patrician's Ring Archive”