Trothgard - Homecoming

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

The temple collapsed... then the enemy appeared. Not a few of those called white ones, not many of them, there where to many to count. Enough to kill every man, woman and child who remained a hundred times over... Death had come to town.

Langredoc realised that he would die in this cold country far away from his home, in a place he did not like. For people which he had no relation nor love. He knew that Hex would never leave... and Eyrekra was clearly ready to fight.

Then he started to laugh, long and loud, because of the joke... the trick the Red Warrior had played on him, facing unbeatable odds. Still laughing he stepped forwards, turned for a flicker towards the girl with the wolf cups and said "Where are you waiting for, start running !"

He walked slowly towards the White Ones, he concluded that they where waiting for someone... He nodded with smile then said, "Hex, you better move your people away..."
He spat the blood out of his mouth ...thanks Braagi.... and presented his sword to greet the enemy.

His voice boomed over the fields towards the White Ones... "Is there one among you who could face me and live to tell the tale ? Let him step forward and try to live a other day... If he fails to do his job, you can curse him and send the next one, until the last of the brave lei dead on the ice fields... harvested by the cold queen Goddess of the north. Then the cowards can come forward and meet their fate.....or claim victory.. "

He would buy Hex and Eyrekra time if they would do the sane thing, what he seriously doubted. Still Elena the whore's son would die with honour, he would make at least three people proud, a adhiel priestess who taught him the sweetness of life, a old weapon master who taught him how to keep his life and his mother how gave him his life, and enough love in the short time that they where together to last a lifetime.

He faced the enemy with a smile, there where not enough to break him, to bad for them. ....The Warrior Stands...
Last edited by Langredoc on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Hex could hear them singing. Nice.. was the thought that went through her head. Hex though was about to play a different sort of song. A song that she had seen in a dream. If the enemy had come from the wall, bring the wall to the enemy.

The Ice Queen was a goddess of Ice and Cold and Storms. Hex was about to show them what that meant.

Positioned just to the front of the throng Hex started to play with a wisp of wind, flicking the snow. She let herself relax, opening herself to the true power of the queen and the land itself. Hex began to swirl the snow around the group, slowly and then picking up speed. Soon she could not see beyond it and the howl was like a banshee crying in pain. Her hair snapped in the wind like whips. She kept it away from her people though for the next layer of the storm was pure death.

Hex had done the trick many times, but never to so many. She started to push ever so slowly the cone outwards and with each flake within, casing freezing death to those it touched.

Hex could feel that she was pushing herself but she had seen the dream, she knew what must be done.

She spoke no words to anyone save the Queen within her, telling her to channel the power of Trothgard though her to defeat this foe.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc could feel something happening behind him and he sighed. A quick glance told him all he wanted to know. As usual Hex was trapped in her own world and hat forgotten how he looked like. Now she seemed to call forth the power of her icy mistress to throw it against the enemy, with him in between.

For a moment he hoped that Eyrekra would be smarter.... it probably would be a futile hope.

Frozen Langredoc.... somehow it did not have that ring to it as. crushed, smashed to bloody pulp Langredoc... He just walked on... maybe he was lucky and it turned out that these white ones only came to build a bar and serve ice cold drinks....

Stupid Hex.... somehow he felt pain inside... stupid Hex...
[quote]I am the warrior of the raven, traveling from war to war feeding on the dead and the living alike. Until darkness fall's.[/quote]

Vanadius
Moderator & Coordinator Terra West

Post by Vanadius »

OOC: This thread is now IMPASSIBLE. Good luck everyone!

The singing of the White Ones grew louder and louder until each note was like someone screaming while standing mere paces away. It was near deafening and more than unnerving.

They still did not move closer. But instead continued with the swaying, hypnotic dance as they sang as one. There was no response to Langredoc's challenge, the song just continued.

For Hex, there was a song of a different sort. As she summoned the storm within, and called forth the magic and power of the Ice Queen, she felt a queer sensation tingle down her spine. It was like someone had poured hot water down her back while she looked the other way. The shock and pain of it went away for just a flicker or two, before it returned with a furious vengeance and engulfed her completely.

To those around her, a black flame could be seen radiating outward from Hex. It started where she held the Brenna stone and grew larger, and larger and more black as she pushed her power outward. Black flakes appeared in the air, swirling like snow in the wind. They hissed and smoked as they touched flesh, touched the icy ground, and touched the very air itself.

The Brenna was burning magic and as Hex channeled the power of a Goddess, it exploded around her in a furious ebony cloud. Its acidic fire burned her flesh, burned her spirit, burned her soul. Her flesh cracked and her blood ran in thick black and red clumps from the horrible wounds.

The song of the White Ones reached a high, shrill, discordant note and they fell silent as Hex fell to the ice beneath her. The ground around her burned black and scorched, several who had stood too near were smoking heaps of bones.

~~~

The ice felt cool beneath her, but it would not quench the fire. The pain and burning soon returned. She could not have guessed how she was still alive.

~~~

The acidic taste was in the air. Langredoc, Eyrekra and Reiker could feel in on their skin, taste it in their mouths. The burning black flakes swirled in the wind and fell unceremoniously to the frosty ground.

The ominous, sinister Song of the White Ones began again...
Last edited by Vanadius on Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

It hurts my queen...it hurts real bad...why have I failed...

Hex lay on the frozen ground. She could see her blood pooling between waves of pain that rolled through her body.

I can see...I will see my own failure. That frozen bastard was right about that...

She wanted to speak, yell, scream...anything. What she did though was lay in the frozen ground of her home and melt the ice with her blood.

I must live...must live...live...

Hex closed her eyes and screamed at the world in her mind. Rolling over in agony Hex spit out a glob a black bile and blood. Her lips moved and a whisper came out.

"I am not dead yet you miserable bastards..."
~
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

Blinded by the flash of magic, and gagging on the vile toxin that now filled her being Eyrekra had no choice but to fall to her knees, and expel all she had eaten earlier. It took only a few burns for her eyesight to come back, and what she was now witnessing made her wished she had gone blind. The piles of charred bones belonged to the lucky ones, for their pain was over. The poor bastards that were burned, and burning were the ones she needed to help.

Eyrekra walk through the area, and found the woman she had lent her sword to. The proud warrior woman had ask Eyrekra to help her end her pain. Eyrekra placed the sword in her hands, and softly sang a lullaby as she assisted her. Eyrekra’s eyes filled with tears, as the woman smiled,and thanked her. What ever amount of fight, Eyrekra had in her was gone. All she could manage to do now was to sheath her sword and drag her spear and shield behind her as she moved on.

She let out a screamed of terror when she found Hex's body laying motionless on the ground. Eyrekra let out another scream for Langredoc, for Reiker, hell for anyone to come, and assist her with Hex. Eyrekra saw her roll over, and spit up. She could barely make out the words Hex was saying. “Yes Hex you are alive.” “Fight, don’t let that bastard take you.” These were Eyrekra’s frantic words as she pulled her knife from her boot and started cutting strips of cloth from her gown.

She knew enough that she need to gently wrap the burns, and try to cut off the flow of air. That should stop the stinging? She wasn’t sure about it stopping the stinging, but it sounded like the thing to do. She did know for sure that it would help keep the burns, and wounds from further infection.

Eyrekra started to wrap Hex’s wounds, and looked for either Langredoc or Reiker. Eyrekra screamed out even louder then she had the time before. Time was a factor, and she knew she needed help. Eyrekra just keep working while she waited for help to come.

Cold is the heart.
Clear is the mind.
Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.
Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

Reiker looked at the black fire burn away, and then at the woman it engulfed but did not kill. He stood there shocked, a mixture of emotions stormed inside him, but one thing screamed out the hardest, "What the hell?"

If he was going to do anything, he was going to need to know something. He was going to have at least know something, to waylay panic. Then again, panic was not something he was used to. Panic only came to those who didn't detach themselves from life enough to actually look at life. The panic he needed to waylay was that from other people. She was in charge now, that much he gathered from how the others treated her. If she went down, the others might follow.

He was still employed under her, that much he understood. Although, he did not know whether Hex knew that because he had yet to actually talk to her about their contract, well, their contract seemed done when who they were supposed to kill turned out the winner in the end, and still he wasn't able to actually whet his blade.

He turned away from the smoking pile, and set his eyes on the choir. He spat on the ground and murmured, "Hex, you're not the boss-lady anymore, that much I would understand. So, with what I'm doing right now, you and your people owe me."

Reiker heaved his blade back on his shoulder and went off to approach the trees. He grabbed a lump of snow from the earth and made a ball from it, then, from a good distance away, he threw it at the choir.

He screamed out at the rest, "If you guys want to fight, now would be a good time!"
[url=http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47124424]click me please[/url]
[url=http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=63002342]Knights Game[/url]
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

They felt it as much as heard it. Even over the loud, terrible song of the White Ones, the rumble could be heard, and the quaking could be felt.

Eyrekra began to bind Hex's horrific wounds. The warrior woman needed warmth and shelter and quiet if she was ever going to have a chance to survive. Unfortunately each of those commodities was in very short supply. It simply looked as if there was little hope to save her.

Reiker's screaming taunts did nothing to alter the song of the White Ones. They continued their swaying dance and even when hurled snowball struck, they continued on as if he had said or done nothing.

The ominous rumble grew louder, and louder still. Hex and Eyrekra felt the very ice and rock beneath them shake and vibrate. Cracking ice could be heard. It was the sound of a horrendous strain as something monstrous and monolithic strained against the very ice and soil underneath them.

The White Ones fell silent once more.

The groaning, straining terrible sound fell quiet as well. All fell silent. An eerie change from just a few heartbeats ago.

For a few flickers, nothing happened.

Then something inhuman and monstrous screamed. Ice and rock exploded upwards and outwards from the very earth under their feet.

Dreki...

The word trickled slowly through Hex's brain. In the old tongue, it meant dragon. But this this was no dragon. Its head was the size of a large wheelhouse or carriage. Its shoulders and back nearly the size of the once proud temple. Its teeth were as large as swords, its claws the length of spears. A gigantic beast it was, and it roared a deafening cry of triumphant freedom as it broke through the crust of ice and pulled itself back into the world from its long slumber.

The Song of the White Ones had summoned the Dreki from cold dark bones of Trothgard, and they began to sing again as the Dreki tore into the ranks of the defiant few who still managed to live.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

Langredoc laughed, after all it was a weird situation, while he had moved forward all the action had ignored him except the noise and landed on Hex and the others... nothing had responded to his challenge and now a beast was appearing from the frozen bosom of that ice queen of Hex.. A sensible person would now run away.. Hex was not a sensible person so Langredoc strapped his helmet on.

For a flicker he concluded that the monster found the singing also so terrible that he had actually woken up because of it. If it would have a better taste it should now be eaten the uglies from the other side. He eased the urge to run after the beast and chop off a few pounds of its tail and after that spoil its appetite by being eaten by it.

He turned to the other side again, the singing ones, every song had a director, a coordinator or whatever you called it. So better get that one, he or she was probably a lot smaller then old bad breath.

If he would be able to find it. him. her.... nah it, he would explain his clear discomfort about the present situation.... He started to walk towards the singing crowd...

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

For a moment Hex was a young maiden again, when the world seemed so much simpler. She could hear her instructor shouting at her...You will never win fighting on your back...

No, and she was not going to win now.

She opened her eyes and rolled to her side grabbing the bicep of the woman Eyrekra.

"Flee...we...you...everyone...must flee..fight later...stronger...only death."

Hex moved to grab her fallen pole arm to use as a crutch. She pulled her self to her knees, agony shaking through her body, blood and bile spitting from between her clenched teeth. She had to get out of here. She was no good to anyone dead. There was blood in her ears, she was nauseas and as far as she could tell, all she had done was roll over to her knees. If her head did not hurt so bad she might have laughed. It took everything she had to grab the weapon.

Crawl or drag herself she was getting away from the madness. A wolf knows when it is licked, she should have known better.
~
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Eyrekra struggled to keep Hex down, but Hex would not have any of it. Eyrekra heard the words that Hex was saying while Hex fought to get to her knees. “This is ridicules”, were the words that Eyrekra said before lifting Hex’s body over her shoulder, and started running to find both Langredoc, and Reiker. Once she found both men Eyrekra dumped Hex’s body on them.

She watched as Reiker placed all of Hex's weight onto Langredoc. Eyrekra was surprised by Reiker strength as he pulled her close to him, and started spouting off some sort of male nonsense. She had no time for this, Once Reiker released her, she told them that Hex needed to survive, and to survive she need to get out of here. Eyrekra told them to head North to the hunting hybyli on the Northern edge of the Hunting Plains.

Their task was not going to be an easy one. The “White Ones” surrounded them and the Dreki was behind them. Eyrekra took off her cloak and placed it over Hex’s body. She turned to see what was left of the resistance force that stayed behind to fight. She turned her head in time to see Reiker charging after the “White Ones” Turning back around to face the Dreki Eyrekra told Langredoc, “Go now I’ve got this.”

Eyrekra started waking towards the Dreki, replaying in her mind the words the “WOMAN” told her at Sjovolkor. “Poor daughter of mine.” “Your right of passage can not be bought with gifts.” Your must be earned by deeds, and paid for in blood.” Eyrekra pulled her bastard sword from its sheath, and started jogging towards the beast. Her rage built more and more, as she felt her spiritual being slipping out of her now running body. Eyrekra’s body could no longer feel the cold, nor could it feel the breath moving in and out of her lungs.. Her spiritual being floated alongside her body guiding her first set of attacks to the hopefully soft under side of the beast.

Cold is the heart.
Clear is the mind.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

Reiker looked the young girl in the eyes, and then at Langredoc. He gave the girl one final scowl of centempt before he shifted Hex off his shoulders and left the weight on the other male warrior. He grabbed Eyrekra by her shirt and pulled her face an inch closer to his before he growled out, "Hex ended her contract the moment the man who rebelled won. I no longer work for any of you, I do as I want to. You want to argue with me? That will only earn you one more enemy along with that lizard. Now, if you want to leave, leave, but remember this. I will finish this, and when I do, when I die trying to finish this, your people will forever be beneath my feet for your cowardice. Your debt shall be paid in shame and I will reap it with a smile, a smirk, and a disappointed sneer. Now, take your warrior woman, bring her to her place of resting ashes. I stay here, to fight, to see that dragon die. To tell the white ones that I know of them and that who they are have no effect on me."

He suddenly tossed the girl aside as he would the empty core of an apple and turned to walk towards the white ones in the trees. Ice and death was starting to chill up his spine and skin. Only indignation and some hidden understanding answered it back with an passive stare. He walked beyond the broken party and heaved high above his head the blade he had made in essence for himself alone. It's jagged edges and spear-like length did not glint from its dullness, yet an aura of detached meaning exuded from it. It was there for a purpose. Reiker knew this day would come ever since his flesh bested that of tentacled stone.

He walked slow at first, building up his momentum to a heated charge. His cry was cry that came to his mind after years of looking at life and understand so much about how the world works and how much of a fallacy and paradox everything was. People had no souls. They were merely paradigms of stimuli that came from reality. Their personalities a fallible effect of so called individuality, when in fact nothing exists without the other. Yes, nothing does exist. All this was the fear and enemy Reiker now loathed. The appearance of the White Ones proved it. He needed to assert his being. To prove to all that he, "That I," exist. That there was a, "Me," and every other is nothing but a tool.

Chaos is the key. Order is its lock.

"I am the Blood God! Blood for the Blood God," Reiker roared before he dug his blade deep into the nearest White One he encountered. In the corner of his eyes he saw many who fled and cried. To them he cried as he did his best to hack away the nothingness, "Follow me, and Glory shall be yours. I am glory!"

OOC:

I got bored, sorry.
[url=http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47124424]click me please[/url]
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Rimmerhold was not a place built or imagined for an attack such as this. It was a wide, circular shaped community set within the surrounding hills. On the extreme northern end of the settlement was the collapsed temple, it's northern placement closest to the palace of the Ice Queen and a tribute to her power. On the north side of the temple, the icy hills slanted sharply up on the shoulders of Gymir's Talons. The huge mountains gleaming with ice, and the eternally frosted peaks standing tall and defiant. On the southern edge of the town, opposite the temple was the large circular trade hall, placed south to symbolize trade with the southern empires that hailed from across the sea. The hills to the southeast sloped down towards the landing cove. The eastern and western edges were dominated by the clan homes, the great hybyli that housed the once mighty clans of Trothgard. The eastern and western edges nestled up to the hills and trees that surrounded the town. It was not a large place. At its zenith it had housed little more than a thousand loyal souls and one could cross from the Temple to the Trade hall in the same distance as an arrow loosed from a bow. There were no walls to defend in an attack. No defenses had ever been constructed. The lean, hard people of the north used the ice and snow of the north, and the cold, iron hand of the Ice Queen for protection.

In the center of the town was simply nothing. A large open area for festivals, meetings or parties, or any other type of gathering when the weather was warmer in the summer months. This large area was where the warriors had gathered and stood their ground as the White Ones came. Now it was where the Dreki thrashed through their midst over the blackened and scorched snow and earth. The White Ones, who surrounded the town in the treelined hills to the north and east paid no attention to Langredoc's focus, or even to Reiker's wild slashing. They swayed and sang, as if there was nothing else to do, or they could do nothing else.

Reiker carved into their midst like a rock punching through a wave. They did nothing to stop him, and he cut them down like a scythe through tall grass. Two Rimmersmen tried to follow him, but the Dreki snatched them up and crunched, leaving nothing but falling arms and legs that had been severed in the beast's mouth and shower of their red blood.

Eyrekra charged the beast and found that the beast's belly stood too tall for her to strike. The only parts of the thing that were open to attack were any one of its six, scaly-plated legs. Her wild, frantic strikes did little against the monstrous creature's horny outer scales, and one kicked out at her, sending her sprawling on the slick, bloody ice. She was uninjured, as the beast struck only a glancing blow, but the size and strength of the thing hurled her to the ground.

Langredoc's inspection of the White Ones revealed little. Each was a separate being, much like a horde of warriors or a flock of birds. They all had similar qualities, but were all unique. Their song was loud and intrusive, and he could hear each voice distinctly as he walked among them. As with Reiker, they simply sang and swayed, and did nothing to impede his progress. If there was a leader of any kind, they showed no sign of it.

The Rimmersfolk threw their spears at the Dreki, but they were no match for it. The thing roared and thrashed and trampled in them in its wake. It turned its attention on the skin and fur hybyli, thrashing through them as if it wanted to destroy anything that had been built by the hardy people of Rimmerhold. They fought against the wild, chaotic beast, and died defending their homes from it as it tore through them.

Hex crawled away, very nearly being trampled by the thing as she did so. Every stretch and move of a limb brought new waves of agony. Every foot she moved cost her precious life in blood and pain. Her blood soaked through Eyrekra's makeshift bandages and her life trailed behind her in the snow in a red smear. She could feel the Brenna still burning, its black taint coursing through her flesh and bones.

The White Ones sang, and the Dreki rampaged, and death and doom hung in the air like a pall.
Last edited by Vanadius on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

Reiker guessed right. The White Ones had nothing inside them, just this automatic purpose of song. The horde of a choir continued to sing despite his cleaving through them with his blade. He watched many fall, but that was it. The dragon behind him continued to ravage the town. The song continued too, that was what he wanted to stop. The song pulled the dragon from the nether and pushed it on them. He thought that if he could only stop their song, then maybe the dragon would also stop. But no, he could not cut them down all on his own.

Reiker stopped cutting and eyes the Dragon. He then set his eyes on the people below and their feeble attacks against it. On either of its sides he saw his former companions doing their best to stay alive. Hex, the boss-lady, was dying. He cursed, and cried out his war scream once more in anger. He needed to cut the song down. He cleaved through many more wispy being until its futility hit him hard. He suddenly turned towards the people of Trothgard and yelled at them, "The White Ones can not hurt you. The dragon can. Do not waste your killing on that thing. Storm the trees. Run at them and ravage the trees! Burn the Trees!"

He turned once more and swung his blade at the White Ones before he charged for the town. He had his eye on his former companions and the dying Hex.

"As for us, keep the Dragon occupied. Give the people time to storm the trees," he barked those orders at Eyrekra and Langredoc.

He watched the Dragon and Hex in frustration now. He dug his blade into the earth so that it mayu stand and ran to Hex's side. He was careful to keep himself alive as he charged for her. He now knew that dragon's strength well. It's jaws snapped two bodies into broken and eaten pieces. He needed to get the dying out of the way, or else the dying would only annoy them.

He grabbed Hex and heaved her on top of his shoulders and started running for the edge of the town. The he dropped her there, without a word to ease her. He had no time for care. He needed that lizard dead, and he needed it done both ways at the same time. Once more he yelled at this village's people, "Storm the Trees! Damn you! I'll keep the Dragon Busy. Just storm the trees!"

Then he charged for the dragon once more. He passed by his blade sticking out of the earth and heaved it into his back. He was careful to make sure the dragon was in his eyes as he dodged towards one of its legs. He made sure that leg was the farthest from its head and then dug the serrated edge of his blade into its scales. He did not hope to cleave through. No, he just needed it to dig in enough. He then pulled back on the blade and started climbing.
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Eyrekra watched her body go sliding across the frozen ground. Although uninjured her body seemed to be recovering slowly. "This is ridicules, this will not work." Eyrekra placed her spiritual self back into her body. She got up and moved her body around, as if she was putting on a glove for the first time. "That is much better."

Eyrekra watched as Reiker charged the Dreki. She could not hear whatever Reiker was shouting over the song of The White Ones. All she knew is that they were going to need help, lots, and lots of help.

Eyrekra ran to where her sword laid, picked it up and charged. Her attack was aimed for a back leg on the opposite side of where Reiker attacked, hopefully her attack would distract the Dreki, and buy him enough time to do whatever he was going to do.

Cold is the heart.
Clear is the mind.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

In some ways it was annoying to be ignored, but the warrior had always preferred to count his blessings over his curses, so he just made his way through the singing mass.

It appeared to Langredoc that this such a waste of effort that they all sang and called for a creature to do their dirty job, while they could have just as easily spit at the group and watch them drown in it. Still the idea of Hex and the others embracing death because this crowd was not appealing to him. His urge was to run around chopping at the creatures and to bath in their blood... still he would prefer to be smarter then that, so reluctantly he returned to his search. Every flock had its centre, every group its master, every tree its roots.. and he was going to find it.

So he walked on, listening to the voices, until the end of the group, afteral generals where either on the front or at the back of their army... and the middle well he would pass that as well.

Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

The Dreki roared, and the White Ones sang.

In the middle of the swaying, mass Langredoc might have found what he was looking for. Three of the White Ones, swaying and rocking gently, but not singing. They paid him no attention, their white eyes focused on the Dreki and its rampage below.

"They won't hear you..." A voice reached him over the crushing din of the song. Langredoc wasn't sure if he heard the voice within his own mind, or somehow it reached his ears.

"Ignore them, and they will ignore you... Do nothing... and they will do nothing to you in return..."

"... anything else will unleash the white tide, and I assure that is something you do not want..."

"... just let it go... let them have what they came for... trying to stop them will only get you killed..."

In the distant trees, well up the shoulders of the hills Langredoc could see a figure standing there, its silhouette sttod out clearly and starkly against the snow, but the warrior couldn't discern who it was from this distance.

~~~

As Reiker's blade dug into the scaly flesh of the beast, it turned and snapped at the pain like a dog with its tail being pulled. The creature's head, large as any carriage or wheelhouse came hurtling at Reiker, jaws open, ready to rend whatever would cause it pain.

He heard the voice as well...

"... just let it go... let them have what they came for... trying to stop them will only get you killed..."

~~~

Eyrekra felt the tremendous size of the beast shift and turn as Reiker's sword bit into the thing's flesh. Its monstrous head flew at Reiker at an alarming speed and it looked as if Reiker was about to be swallowed whole. She too heard the voice...

Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

It was almost a relieve to see those three white ones behaving different then the others. A quick glance towards the others told Langredoc that the beast was still attacking Hex and the others. The man chuckled, duty was heavier then a mountain, death lighter then a feather,

"They won't hear you..." A voice reached him over the crushing din of the song. Langredoc wasn't sure if he heard the voice within his own mind, or somehow it reached his ears.

"Ignore them, and they will ignore you... Do nothing... and they will do nothing to you in return..."

"... anything else will unleash the white tide, and I assure that is something you do not want..."

In the distant trees, well up the shoulders of the hills Langredoc could see a figure standing there, its silhouette stood out clearly and starkly against the snow, but the warrior couldn't discern who it was from this distance.

Langredoc raised a eyebrow while he tried to figure out who this stranger was. But if he was able to let him hear a voice on this distance, he would probably be able to hear him as well, magic users where like that.

"Nice try stranger, I promised to keep Hex alive and she refuses to leave. So I have to find the heart of the snake and cut it out. I always keep my promises, the warrior stands. If she leaves, I leave... its as easy as that. Otherwise to nether with the heart of these white guys, whatever the price !"

Reiker
Defender of the Keep

Post by Reiker »

He heard it clearly. The warning came and it disturbed his focus. For a flicker, he lost his mind to thought and the coming death of powerful jaws hurtled towards him. When he saw it coming, he had to think what he wanted to do. His blade was already dug into the creature, if it felt what he did it meant he could hurt it. However, the warning kept him doubtful. The danger soaring for his life in the form of razor sharp teeth wasn't attractive, but that he could deal with. Yes, it didn't matter to him that the White Ones wanted something. All he wanted to do was kill what he had his sword stuck into right now. The White ones could have whatever they wanted. The lizard was his. Death seemed to come for him with open maws, yet he had an answer for hat too. Only thing left to worry about was everybody else.

He cried, "Eyrekra, get everyone out of here, Hex and everyone else! Whatever it is me and Langredoc will do it will not end well for anyone whose here. Get yourselves out now!"

That was it, the final wishes of a dying man. Now all that was left was to face the maw that anted to eat him. Timing here was crucial. He had to strike at the precise point of impact. His hands must be as quick as ice sliding over steel. He had to be as smooth as the words that weaved out of a bard's great tale. This lizard was going to die and he was the man for it. Let it be the mark on his hedgestone.

"I am," Reiker cried out his war-scream, "The Blood God!"

As soon as the head was about to snap his body into two, he pulled back hard on the blade stuck into the monster's skin. He used that leverage to climb up quick and then as soon as he felt the lizard's breath on his skin he leapt from the leg high up above the head that wanted to eat him. As he flew threw the air he drew out his jagged edged knives and planned to do to the lizard's face what he did to the leg, leverage and sticking power. He hoped the monster had rough skin. His blade's serrated edges were made for this.

OOC: I have a feeling we've just doomed this village, might as well doom it with style. For everyone else, please, run.
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

ooc: sorry Reiker, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Bic:

Eyrekra felt the shifting of the earth, as snow and ice flew by her. She could tell that the creature was hurt by Reiker attack. The Dreki had quickly shifted his attention to the source of it pain; Reiker was now in a grave situation. Eyrekra could hear a warning playing in her mind, but she had no time to pay it any heed.

Eyrekra had shifted her focus of attack to the Dreki's neck, just behind the head, which was descending rapidly at Reiker. She could see where he was standing, and could see where the creature's head was going to be, all she had to do was cover the distance, and hopeful she could get a strike on the Dreki.

Eyrekra could feel her body starting to struggle with the strain of the demand she was putting on it. She had to get there, she had to kill the creature before it could kill again. The fusstrasion, and rage was building inside her being. Then without warning Eyrekra could no longer feel the strain on her body. It was like before when she forced her spiritual being out of her body, but this time her spiritual being was still inside her body, and she had full control.

Eyrekra's pace quicken, and she was building up a deadly force of speed. It was not easy, but she had covered the distance. Using her momentum, the last of her strength, and all the rage she could channel Eyrekra slammed her bastard sword into the neck of the Dreki.

She felt the sword dig into the creature, then pull out of her hands. The momentum of the Dreki's head was greater the Eyrekra's weight. This sent Eyrekra's body first crashing into the rest of the Dreki's neck, as it passed by, and then crashing into the ground. Her body tumbled over and over again, hitting rocks, and cutting against jagged ice. Once her body came to a full stop, Eyrekra stood up.

Her once beautiful emerald green eyes had turned white, all she could see was red, all she could feel was rage. She bent over to pick up a piece of a broken spear, pulled the knife from her boot, and screamed "DEATH TO ALL", as she charged for the Dreki once again.

Cold is the heart.
Clear is the mind.
Steady is the "hand" of the Ice Queen.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Reiker's warning to Eyrekra and the others cost him valuable and precious time, so he never got the chance to climb and strike at the creature's head. Instead, as his scream was lost in the sea of the White Ones' song, the Dreki's massive jaws snapped down on him, severing the upper half of his body from the lower in a bloody spray. Yet Reiker would not die in vain, holding his weapon as he did caused the tip of his sword to stab deep into the soft tissue of roof of the monster's mouth, and deep into it's skull. Reiker felt a wave of tremendous pain wash over him, and then he heard the beast's roar. The last thing his eyes ever saw through a flicker of light between it's teeth, was his blade, sunk to the hilt inside the beast's mouth, and he knew he had succeeded, and the monster was done for. Then everything went dark and Reiker was no more.

Eyrekra's strike slammed into the side of the beast's neck, stabbing deep and causing the Dreki to toss his head further after killing Reiker. The wound opened further as it did so, tearing the weapon from her grasp, and sending her careening wildly across the ground. Its wound was a horrible, bloody thing, and sprayed blood everywhere as it's heart pumped out the last of it's life. It roared one last time and collapsed roughly in a final heave of its unbelievable strength. Together, Eyrekra and Reiker were triumphant. Even from where she lay, Hex could feel the final, dying beats of it's monstrous heart vibrating the ice and snow beneath her until at last they fell silent.

Eyrekra's wild scream echoed as the White Ones fell silent. Her clothes were rent and ragged, her flesh torn and bleeding.

In front of Langredoc, the three White Ones closed their eyes. A look around would reveal they all did. A hum rose from every single one in unison to replace their song. It was clear they were preparing for something. Their vocal hum could be felt as well as heard.

...Fools... The voice said inside Eyrekra's and Langredoc's heads.

... You don't know what you have done...
Last edited by Vanadius on Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Langredoc
Civus

Post by Langredoc »

... You don't know what you have done...

"Yeah, thanks, should have told us....." Langredoc muttered while he placed his weapons back. More and more it seemed to him that they where trapped in a battle between powerful forces and that the white dudes only stepped on them because they where annoying flies. Langredoc preferred to be a mosquito. He had to get Hex out of here.. and as many more.. let them waste their energy on someone else. His gut feeling told him that silence was worse then singing so he started to run back to the place where Hex should be. Just in time to watch how Reiker became a legend... Langredoc grumbled "Brave guy, lousy mercenary..."

He was planning to let the monster for what it was get some people out, especially Hex and move to different climate. This place was to hot.........

He took of his helmet so he would have full view, and also more air. Anger was running in his veins because of this situation, it proved his point that Gods and Goddesses always would be a problem to the mere mortal.

"Thanks Red Warrior..." he growled out of breath... "Thanks for getting me in a situation with no exits..." He knew what he would do when he would be close enough. He started to visualise how get close to the draki and his playing companions and to whistled on his fingers to get attention, after that he ould wcurse and shout until they all would leave... minus the draki. He would pick up Hex, the wolfcups and the little girl and run so fast that no bloody God, Frigid Goddess, or white puppy creature could capture them..

And if he got out alive he would go to a inn and get so drunk that he would not remember this day !

Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

In a blind rage Eyrekra charged the Dreki's dead body. She slipped several times on the blood that now covered the ground, but managed to keep her footing. Once she reached the Dreki, Eyerkra mindless pounded on its lifeless body, spraying what little blood it had left all over her.

She did not know if it was the warm blood of the Dreki cooling on her face, the humimg of the White Ones, the warning voice in her mind, Langredoc's yelling, and whistling, or simply that fact that she had spent all her rage, but one or a combination of the five had pulled her back to her proper mind.

Her eyes turned back to their emerald green, as she looked around to see the remaining people running towards Langredoc. Eyrekra also saw what remained of brave Reiker's body, and the bodies of the rest of the fallen. Drying the tears from her eyes, she turned to join the last of the people leaving the area.

Clod is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vanadius

Post by Vanadius »

Limping, broken and defeated they retreated to the snowy trees to the southwest and away from Rimmerhold. From a distance, the White Ones descended upon the town, their strange hum falling silent, leaving only the peaceful and gentle sound of breezes in the trees. They made no effort to follow or engage the survivors, and did nothing to the wounded. It was as if the people of Rimmerhold barely existed for them. From the vantage of the survivors, it was difficult to tell exactly what the White Ones were doing, but clearly they were moving from hut to hut, gathering something from many of them, and leaving the others be.

The Dreki's tremendous corpse lie still, the remains of its reddish black blood leaving pools and runnels that streamed in the snow like colored ribbons snaking into the ground. It was a few burns before the White Ones had collected whatever it was they were collecting, and without a word or sound, they retreated into the northern hills as ghostly and strangely as they had come.

Then they heard the footsteps in the snow, the subtle crunch of someone approaching. He was tall, dressed in the furs and skins of someone long away from the settlements, and armed only with a short, thick spear. He made his way over to them carefully, and was not trying to mask his approach. When he was within a stone's throw, he called out.

"What ho! May I approach?"
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Eyrekra was down hearted as she looked at all the wounded people around her. "What did we fight for?" "What did we accomplished?" These were the questions she asked herself. Looking around her she could find no good answers.

She saw Langredoc holding Hex up, and rushed over to help him. Eyrekra started tearing more strips of cloth from what was left of her gown, she need to tighten or replace most of Hex's bandaging.

After finishing with Hex, Eyrekra looked around again, she pulled off her gown and continued to cut strips out of it until it was nothing but a pile of strips. There was so much to do, and she had so little experience as a healer, but she pressed on, and did what she could for the others.

While working on the others Eyrekra keep an eye on the White Ones. She breathed a sigh of relief when the White Ones left. It was a few flickers later when she heard the crushing of snow, as the footsteps got closer, and closer. Eyrekra rose to meet what looked to be a tall man covered in furs. She tried to raise her rage, but it was all gone, all she could do was stand her ground and hope that he was a friend, and not a foe.

A smile crossed her face, when Eyrekra heard the man call out to them. She responded, "Yes you may approach."

Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Trothgard Archive”