Greetings!

Are you unsure how to continue? Do you have questions about how to play the game? Feel free to ask here. The only stupid question is the one you didn't ask.

Moderator: Mods

Greetings!

Post by Guest »

Hi,
I am a more-than-interested player that has become rather engrossed in this humbly attractive PbP board. I have taken several glances over Tazlure during the past few months; doing a bit of research here and there, and considering what kind of character I would like to employ in this community. Now that I've finally focused my efforts a bit, I've come up with a concept for a dwarf that seems solid.

After researching Nazareen in the Wiki, I found myself contemplating a few things. . .

1.) What exactly is the reason for Nazareen owning the only portal to the city of Gulanadur? And how often is this portal used (if at all)?

2.) Could any present or past player who has RP'd in Dort, and had some kind of relation with Nazareen, give me any major pertinent information he or she thinks best I know about Nazareen, its people, or its culture?
Turi
Special Branch

Post by Turi »

Hi Valin,

Nice to have you joining us, and it's great to see a well thought-out character concept :). In answer to your questions:

1.) What exactly is the reason for Nazareen owning the only portal to the city of Gulanadur? And how often is this portal used (if at all)?

1. The portals were established through the Temple of Molten in both cities, some time after the exile of the dark adhiel. The only other major group of Molten-worshippers I can think of are in Kaza Rhun. I'm not sure why they haven't established ties with Gulanadur.

The portal was once used fairly regularly for trade with Dortenese merchants. The Duke himself used to travel through the portals to spend time in Gul with his family. Unfortunately now the portals aren't used at all given the... troubles... in Nazareen.

Just so that you are aware, a lot of information about the portals and the relationships between the underground kingdoms (Gulanadur, Nazareen, Kaza Rhun, Khan and Nipponar) is IC information.

2.) Could any present or past player who has RP'd in Dort, and had some kind of relation with Nazareen, give me any major pertinent information he or she thinks best I know about Nazareen, its people, or its culture?

Nazareen's never been opened for play, so it's not as well-developed as most other locations. You'll probably get a fair bit of leeway in interpretation ;). The culture is almost 'typically dwarvish'... I can't think of any active Nazareen PC/players at the moment but Weyl'n (in Pax Balthasar) is a pretty good example of a dwarvish PC. Hex da'Bergliin also used to play a dwarvish character.

Luther Dethek is the only major Nazareen NPC I can think of but he's rather atypical for a dwarf.
Last edited by Turi on Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][i][b]"If it were clear in my mind, I should have no incentive or need to write about it. We do not write in order to be understood; we write in order to understand." -C. Day-Lewis[/b][/i]

Avatar by enayla at allavatars.com[/size]

Return to “Questions & Answers”