Epilogue - Time Unknown

Moderator: Mods

Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Epilogue - Time Unknown

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Strange. She had been walking for a very long time, but she neither felt weak nor tired. She knew there was something beyond the horizon, or was it... someone? Time was of no essence here, that she knew. For once in her life, she felt free, as if all the burdens, all the heartaches she had been carrying had been lifted and she walked, further, into the huge expanse of the desert.

Barefoot Fauna Winthrope walked, clad in her tattered, purple robe, her golden-blond hair dishevelled and gleaming under the desert sun. And although the sun was at its zenith, she did not feel the sweltering heat bearing upon her when she walked further and further, trailing footsteps, the Mirror Staff gleaming silvery hued under the blue domed sky.

Isa... She had been thinking of Lady Florentina for quite sometime now. Fauna didn't know why, but she vividly remembered her that night on the Burping Dragon, saving her from being burned and with a little smile upon her red lips, she laughed out loud, carefree, as if she'd never laughed before, the joy of it overwhelming her, silvery peals of little bells cascading and echoing around the endless desert dune.

And Audrey... The thought of dear Audrey sent a stab of pain inside her. She felt as if she'd never see her again and a single tear trickled down her flawless face. "I never had the chance to say goodbye." She murmured solemnly, her blue eyes looking up at the desert sun.

Elaine... Keaira... Ashtallion... Professor Peckerton... Professor Ventalla... Professor Moore... Fiallesa... Vanir... dear handsome Vanir... Adrian Elsonrae.

Adrian Elsonrae? She blushed. She'd haven't thought of him for quite some time now. She missed him and she remembered how he smiled at her, the way they both teased each other back at the Red Rose Guild. If only... Fauna sighed. If only I can see him again. She then realized she have had a huge crush on him and it was only now that she realized it. "How remarkable!" She gasped, her eyes suddenly widening as she stopped to ponder more on it, planning of how she would flirt with him and then realized that it was... just too late.

Reese... Allison... Little Unfashionable Becca... Morgan... Falco... Valsert... Lady Consul Rose... Jolanda... Simon Ginneke... Lord Azarin... Elvin... Lady Ashari... Ulder... Corbin...

And her thought went back to Lady Florentina.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Keaira Morgandy »

In the darkness she drifted -- eyes closed, weightless, every fiber of her being coursing quietly with anger and hatred. It mingled with her blood, traveled through her veins, warmed her with its malicious flames. Tigre felt comfortable when most others would have withdrawn from so much negative emotion. It was like a haven.

Then, a pull. She knew not from whence. Irritation flickered through her thoughts as she fought it at first, but the urge continued. After a few more moments (or days, time mattered not), she let go, and was pulled away from her womb of malcontent.

Her world grew lighter, brighter, and more concrete. Something grainy was brushing over her; rubbing at her skin, darting at her eyes, which she shut tighter in protest. It was some time before a yellow light suffused the darkness of her lids, and the grainy substance ceased its assault upon her flesh. It was then that she opened her eyes, squinting at the scene before her.

A desert? She had never been to such a place before, and for a moment her bare toes wiggled curiously in the sand beneath her feet. This did not last long, however, as her agitation returned and she sought to find out why she was here.

She began to walk, unsure at first of the mildly shifting substance beneath her feet. Clothed in a layered dress of mixed reds and blacks, Tigre stood out keenly against her surroundings, her long raven locks left loose to frame her pale face elegantly. She was not long in lifting a hand to shield her eyes, their glow nearly lost when compared with the brightness of the blazing sun. Tigre was a creature of shadows and civilization. She felt markedly uncomfortable here.

After wandering for a short time, a gleam of light in the distance caught her attention. A turn in her step began to bring her closer, and soon more details became visible: purple robes, blond hair. Again Tigre was curious, but she did not recognize Fauna from such a distance.

On she went, growing nearer to the figure with each step, and it seemed the figure was walking toward her as well. It was only when she could more clearly see the features of the woman's face that recognition dawned -- in her mind, but not on her calm visage, which remained, for the most part, neutral.

"Fauna," she said simply, a thin smile tugging meagerly at the corners of her lips.
[size=75]'All things truly wicked start from an innocence.'
-- [i]Ernest Hemingway[/i][/size]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

"Keaira..." It was all she could say, her soft voice lingering upon the air, mingling with the desert breeze. It hung there for more than a flicker, or perhaps more, time was of no essence here. Blue eyes looking intently at another flawless face, unexpressionably cold.

"Oh, Keaira... No..." The Dark Enchantress moaned as she stared at someone she had created. "Do not go there." She moved forward, her eyes pleading, looking at the Dortenese woman, sensing Tigre's growing power, her growing taint that Fauna herself had placed inside her. "Oh, gods... What have I done!"

She saw everything, what had happened. She wasn't sure how, but she knew instantly what befell her apprentice and what would befell her if Keaira should continue. "No... No..." She whispered with alarm. This wasn't supposed to happen. But she was lonely then and she needed someone, someone who could understand her and Keaira... Keaira was willing... What? To be her friend? No... It wasn't friendship... It was just... She needed someone to talked to before.

"And looked at what happened to you?" She murmured with despair, sensing the suffering her apprentice had endured after the Night of the Banner, knowing that it was just only the beginning. It should stop now. But... She looked into Keaira's blue eyes, seeing herself in her.

Does she have to power to stop this monster she had created? Would she stop her now?

"What am I gonna do?" She knew she could erase Tigre. She could still wield the power, but, could she wipe away Keaira's ambitions? It was always a choice. Always had been a choice and the Dark Enchantress knew, even with her power, she would not stop Keaira... or Tigre. The Dortenese woman would have to make her own choice, just like she had before. And it pained her to see that this young girl would suffer, knowing that Keaira would go to the same ordeal that she had. Alone... Always been alone. Slowly, gracefully, she shook her flawless head, stepping closer to gently caress the woman's flawless face.

"There are no more lessons, my apprentice." Fauna murmured softly. "If you have come here for more knowledge. There is nothing I can offer you now." She continued, her eyes full of pity for the young woman she would leave orphaned. "Except..."

Perhaps, she could leave her something. Her blue eyes flickered to her Staff of Myra. Would she need it? But would it... Would it... She sighed... Life is full of complications, even here.

Keaira would be alone and she would need protection. Fauna had Professor Ventalla and Peckerton back in the University, even though they were against her, even though they betrayed her, they still protected her. Who would protect Keaira? Andolin? No. It was like sending a lamb to a wolf to be eaten. Not Andolin. He would use her and she would be ravaged by him. If only Professor Peckerton or Professor Ventalla were here.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

Tigre's eyes watched closely, a slender brow lifting curiously as Fauna began to express her distress. Yet when she asked what she had done, Tigre expressed something beyond a cool indifference toward the sorceress. She began to laugh.

"You??" Her face was cruel, mocking, its beauty marred by disdain. The smile on her lips curled wickedly. "Do not flatter yourself, Fauna, I existed before you called to me. I am Tigre, not Keaira. She has no memory of you, I control her now. We are very different beings: she the weaker, I the stronger."

For a moment Tigre was silent, as if considering the woman before her. She seemed weaker to her now, and Tigre wondered vaguely at it. When she spoke again, she sounded almost thoughtful. "It is true, though, that you are the one who introduced me to that which I now seek. It is also true that Keaira suffers, but she allows it to be so. I grow stronger each day, though." Tigre smiled. "Sometimes I allow the girl control, but she wastes time and has no path to follow. She is useless."

Tigre watched Fauna's face as she spoke, wondering how long it would take the sorceress to understand the dual natures of Keaira and Tigre -- two aspects of the same woman, one naive and meek, the other born of all the negative emotions and aspirations the first would not allow herself to feel or pursue. Tigre was an undying tempest, and would be vanquished only by Keaira, for how could one change the psyche of another? And Keaira -- ah, Keaira, so quiet and delicate. Like a sparrow caught in a hurricane.

Except. She had let that word linger, but presented with this softer, sweeter Fauna, Tigre was not so sure she wanted to learn anything more from her. The darker power that was almost tangible in the woman on the last night they had spoken was not at all present now, and Tigre found she had little desire to interact with the woman. After all, what could she offer?

Forward. She had to move the conversation past 'saving' the poor Keaira, or offering anything that might help her. And so Tigre asked quite frankly, "Are you dead, Fauna? I have not heard from you since the Banner burned down. The University of Magic had a hand in it, did you know? I think they were after you."
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

She now realized her own folly as she looked at her apprentice. So, this was how Professor Peckerton and Professor Moore saw me? Perhaps they were wise to stop me. "It would seem so, Tigre." Fauna's voice was soft, compassionate, her blue eyes clear and seemed to be filled now with ancient wisdom. Wisdom that she never had when she was still... Alive.

"You might have existed before, Tigre." The Dark Enchantress continued. "But it was through my folly that you were awakened, that you grew stronger, as you are now. And to that, I am very sorry. You may think, in your pride, of Keaira as weak, but she is far stronger than you are, Tigre. Far stronger than you will ever be. You are merely a parasite feeding on her." It was the truth, and Fauna knew that. She had done what Tigre would be doing, been there, and she knew, one day, Keaira would awaken, would be stronger than this heartless monster before her. "You are merely... A sickness." She spat the word like venom.

She then closed her eyes and sighed, calming herself before a small child. Would she do the same thing as Professor Ventalla had done to her? Would it change anything? It was the question that nagged within the silence of her mind.

"Perhaps I am dead, Tigre. Perhaps I am not. Know that I am now free." She then arched a well-plucked eyebrow, cooly looking at her apprentice. "And what if the Faculty of the University of Magick had a hand in my death? With the destruction of the Red Banner? With the destruction of what you seek? What will you do? Will you seek revenge? Will you seek justice for me?" A little glimmer of malice and darkness swirled around the Dark Enchantress's eyes, a taint that was very familiar, a dark power that was more than Tigre had ever seen in Fauna. And, as suddenly as it appeared, it vanished and was quickly replaced once more by her wisdom filled eyes.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

The beautiful woman's smile became a sneer as Fauna challenged her hold on Keaira and threatened her with an eventual uprising. Her tones lost their purr as she spoke with a bit more passion than usual. "You have never even met that weak, fearful, pitiful excuse for a woman. She is no more than a scared little girl with no one to guide her. Now, I guide her. No one even knows our secret! No one even knows how to reach her, and hardly that she exists at all. No, Fauna, I don't think I will be overturned any time soon. Even then, every little shred of anger or remorse she hides inside her will feed me. I will always return, sickness or no. Keaira will always be ill."

Tigre calmed herself simultaneously with Fauna, her lovely features smoothing and her eyes returning to that cool glow, her sneer replaced with a delicate smile. Casually she brushed porcelain fingers through her hair, pushing it away from her face; yet she never looked away from the sorceress before her.

As Fauna spoke again of revenge, Tigre watched with interest as that darkness swirled in her eyes, resurfacing for a moment to betray that it was still there -- or was it? Was this just a trick? That power inside Fauna, though..that darkness she had gathered to herself. Tigre wanted that. Perhaps Fauna had taken her time in learning, but Tigre wanted it now. Perhaps there was still something more she could learn, if that darker side had not after all been lost.

Ignoring that hunger for now, Tigre arched a brow at her would-be teacher, clearly amused. "Seek revenge, dear Fauna? For you? Surely you know me better by now. What benefit would I gain by turning against the University? Now that you are gone -- set free, however you wish it -- I have no one to teach me. It seems I must turn to them if I am to further my knowledge and skill, though I shall have to be more careful than you were about guarding my secrets, mm?" She chuckled, then lifted her brow further, her smile perverting itself again. "Unless you know of another way...?"
Isabella Florentina
Countess Companio, "Countess Cabernet"

Post by Isabella Florentina »

She stood there, waiting, with a calm that only comes after death. She had the time of eternity. Her vision was a familiar one to some in the Citadel, though with every day that memory was fading. Ravenblack hair with brown eyes and long lashes, an olive skin, an oval face and a body nearly as tall as an average man. It was well curved with shapely legs. With an almost wistful smile she waited for the dark enchantress to notice her. Fauna's own memory had called her forth.

"Come, Lady Fauna. Your time is done in the Tether," she beckoned the restless spirit friendly, seductively "There is a nice hot tub with your name on it. There are some who would like to meet you. Will you not grace us with your presence? The Aether is eternal. We play on Pan's field. There are so many of us."

Isabella looked at Tigre. Both there and not there, a spirit but one whose link with the Tether was never severed. For a moment she regarded the image the malicious spirit projected, feeling protective for those she had left behind. However the time for interfering was done.

"Unless you wish to follow this one's path, roaming forever restless?" Isabella arched an eyebrow, not condemning, simply thinking that some might take a few more centuries to find the acceptance she had found. "Is your time truly done Fauna, or do you wish to roam still, bodiless but not powerless?"
[size=92][color=darkred] [b][i]
Together they planned a power and a love that would be envied forever.
Who was to know that forever would be so short?[/i][/size][/color][/b]
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

She laughed out loud when she heard Tigre, silvery bells echoing around the endless dunes of the desert sand, laughter filled with pity and mockery. And so, you will turn to the University, just like I did. Her blue eyes turned to her apprentice. I pray, one day, Keaira would be wiser than I was. I will leave you to your own mistakes, Tigre, and pray that you won't end up where I am now.

"Very well," Fauna Winthrope declared, standing imperiously tall before her apprentice. "There is no turning you from this path. As my last gift, I shall tell you of the dark book I received from Hadvin, a store owner in the Outer Ring. I left it in our laboratory in the Red Banner, but I know not what happened to it. Find it and learn from it." And then she smiled wickedly, maliciously, as if toying with the little apprentice before her. "I will tell you of another knowledge... A riddle..." She paused.

"...Baldeserrato." She simply stated and with that she turned imperiously, her robe rustling silently and the Staff of Myra gleaming under the desert sun, leaving Tigre forever to play in the realm of Tether. But before she could take another step, Fauna heard a familiar voice and with a gasp, she turned to look fully at the familiar form of Isabella Florentina.

"Impossible!" Fauna declared, her blue eyes wide opened, suddenly remembering how the Lady Florentina loved to wear the blue color. Would she be disappointed to know that blue's out of fashion now? Perhaps, I won't tell her. "You are here, Lady Florentina... But aren't you..." She stopped, suddenly understanding everything. She wasn't sure before, but seeing Isabella had confirmed the fact that she was as well...

Dead.

"No," Fauna shook her head, looking one last time at Tigre with full regret and with a graceful flick of her well-manicured hand, she would try to send her apprentice back to the Tether where she truly belonged. "I am done in the Tether, Lady Isa." She stated and when she actually heared the words out loud, the full impact of realization slapped her in the face and she frowned, her heart aching, looking back at the fading form of Keaira, part of her wanted to come back.

"No, Lady Isa. My time is trully done." The Dark Enchantress sighed, turning to look at the face of Isabella. "I believe I am ready now. I've been walking for a very long time and I think I'm getting tired." She frowned as she moved closer. "But..." Fauna stopped, "there are some people I left behind... and..." She paused, a look of ancient regret filling her flawless face. "I didn't get to say goodbye. If only I could..."

"How about you, Lady Isa." She turned to look back at the black-haired woman. "Is there someone in the Tether you would like to see again? Just for one last time? Just to say goodbye?"
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Keaira Morgandy
Tazlure Supporter

Tigre listened keenly to Fauna's words, her eyes narrowing in concentration. "Baldeserrato," she repeated softly, trying the strange word on her lips and finding it completely foreign.

She was about to inquire further into the riddle, yet Isabella spoke before her, and Tigre fell silent, her head turning and her gaze focused on some unseen point in the distance. Hadvin. Perhaps he has more books. But the laboratory, was it even intact? No doubt University mages or some other meddling force had already invaded the depths of the Red Banner's basement. Her eyes narrowed at the thought of someone entering her room.

Then, caught quite unaware, she found herself dismissed from Fauna's presence, drawn back to the depths of her rage and the peace of the tempest there. She curtsied elegantly to the enchantress as her form began to fade, pleased that even in death Fauna had not truly failed her. Pity her gratitude did not extend beyond that.

It was Tigre that faded first, withdrawing almost instantly, and when Keaira's fading form stood again it was quite clear that it was the 'weaker' girl standing there. Her blue eyes were wide with puzzlement, her face so calm and innocent that one might have mistaken her for an angel. Yet she, too, disappeared, only looking curiously at Fauna and tilting her head in a childlike way ere was gone as well.
Isabella Florentina

As Fauna spoke of goodbyes, of people she would like to see one last time, Isabella closed her eyes for but a brief moment, trying to resist temptation. There was but one. Yet she knew it was not a good idea, holding him back where he needed to go forward. Pan's field had taught her of the true meaning of love. The art was letting go and setting free. "Life in the Tether continues Lady Fauna and there is no longer a place for the dead. The living deserve to move on without the dead holding them back. Love is eternal. I can wait in Pan's field for a while longer," she gave a sad smile.

The olive skinned lady held up her hand in warning "If you return to the Thether know that you will be but a brush of air, a barely heard whisper. You might not be able to communicate in the way you are used to, your influence but imagination."

Her hand turned and suddenly there was a large bubble resting there. In it a rocky island, with on it the contours of a city so familiar, the turrents and spires of the University of Magick, so near the palace, clearly visible. "Here it is Lady Fauna.. where would you go? Who would you see one last time?"
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Letting go. Perhaps it was the hardest lesson Fauna would ever learn, the lesson Lady Florentina was teaching her. Even now in death, she had to learn something, harder than all of the lectures and theories of the University of Magick combined.

But could she let go? Why was it so hard to let go? Isabella talked of love, a hint that the dark-haired woman had loved someone so passionately. But the Dark Enchantress had never felt it, the love that was ungovernable. Perhaps, that was what made her bitter. There was no one who loved her and she was alone. What would she do if do returns? Why would she return when there's nothing holding her back? She had learned that power was nothing, and although she had gained it, the fame and power, she was still alone.

She focused her blue eyes upon the bauble and when the sight of the Citadel emerged, she felt another stab in her heart. She felt she had been swallowed, regurgitated and slapped in the face a dozen times. Citadel, her home. With such longing, Fauna stared at the image of the rocky place, tears streaming down her flawless cheeks, missing the place already, the towering edifice of the University of Magick and the majestic sight of the Citadel Palace.

What was there to return to... but...

...Love...

"Is it really this difficult to let go, Lady Isa?" Fauna asked after her weeping had subsided, looking up at the calm face of the panling woman. "I can never go back, can I?" She asked but she already knew the answer. The wisdom of the dead gave her that answer. Smiling through her tears, our blond sorceress fully looked at Isabella.

"Audrey. I want to see her for one last time."
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Isabella Florentina

The focused changed, diving into the Citadel through the clouds and the slight splash of seawater, turning corners rapidly till finally the image halted.

Anora was dressed once again in feminine garb, a simple dress of light blue. She had left the temple refreshed, feeling almost glowing. It was a new day and things were going to be interesting. Between her lessons from the night before and lunch even earlier and the lessons to be had today, she felt there was a good chance that she was going to be living the easy life soon enough.

Stepping through the door of Audrey's, she glanced around, once again enraptured with the colors and shiny fabrics surrounding her. One hand slipped out to caress a particularly alluring fabric.

That morning Audrey had gotten up with a strange feeling in her stomach. Something was going to be different this day and for a long burn it completely escaped her what that difference would be.

Then it struck her: a new assistant! There was a very real possibility that today she was going to end up with a new pair of helping hands that would not scare off any potential customer by her hysterics!

Alright, so perhaps that was not fair towards Fauna, but truth was that perhaps the little tailor had taken the strange enchantrix in due to some lingering feelings rather than her actual skills.

Today would be different. Today she was going to hire an assistant based on skills and skills alone.

After breakfast was done and over with -half a cup of tea and some of those little twirled dough-thingies...it was so hard to remember to actually buy food when business was booming!- the little brunette made her way down to the shop and get to work. With most of the designs already in the capable hands of her helpful tailors she could focus on the details, the last drawings and the finishing touches that made her dresses the talk of the Citadel.

She was just working on the soft green bodice of a woman who insisted on being younger than she was when Anora stepped in. Audrey put her work down and got up, smiling.

"Hello there. Not gotten cold feet then, I guess?"

Anora gave Audrey a cheeky smile as she caught sight of the tailor. Sure feet moved her over to where she sat, looking down at the bodice with a hint of awe. Really, it was amazing what could be done with needle and thread.

"Nope, no cold feet. In fact, got more than my share of warm excitement," she said with a grin. "Actually, I could barely sleep for all the excitement." There was a twinkle in her eyes as she spoke.

Audrey regarded the girl with a professional eye. Certainly her attitude was ... different from last time. Suddenly she seemed much more aware of being feminine than the day before.

"Warm excitement?" The little tailor chuckled. There was only one explanation for this combination of wording and appearance: someone had gotten the little wallflower to bloom. Yet would that have been the old man? Somehow Audrey doubted it.

Now now, don't judge a book by it's cover! For all you know he's still able to...hrm...hold his own!

The picture that this particular sentence evoked almost made the brunette burst out in laughter. It would be so unseemly to react to it in such a way. Much better to walk passed it and let the girl have her pleasures in life, well away from her work.

"Well then, I hope you are not too sleepy. We have a lot of work to cover today." Audrey clapped her hands. "You offered to be my assistant. Now, my last assistant was very aware of the needs of my customers when it comes to chairs, tea, cookies, all that. Yet she also helped me keep my papers organized. I am such a mess."

The woman pointed to the big stacks of folded papers on the little table near the window. "That's all my orders, would you believe it? Now, I don't want to overwhelm you or make false promises, so I need to know, what is it exactly you hope to do here? No worries, just tell me honestly, even if it is not in the range that my last aid worked in."

Please, no more hysterics...please don't let her burst out in giggles and yelps. I don't think I can bear that anymore after Fauna.

Anora nodded and listened as Audrey spoke, her eyes slipping to the stack of papers. Her grandfather had been quite insistant that she understand figures, which came in handy when the little thief wanted to fence something. She wasn't about to get screwed over by some petty thief when she was one herself.

"I'm good with numbers and that stack over there shouldn't give me much trouble if any. Also, I'm a fast learner. And a good read of people. That helps in finding what's needed before the person even knows they need it. Don't know if that will come in handy, but it never hurts," she stated, cocking her head to the side as she gazed at the seamstress, her eyes never faltering from her face.

Audrey listened to the calm statements of the young woman. One finger was tapping against her lips, trying to get an idea of what Anora had in store for her.

Well, no hysterics. Hmm what other people need...would she have a tailor's eye? Would be interesting...what others need...oh!

"Oh dear! Forgot to offer you a chair! Umm, something to drink? I think I have some..." The little tailor fussed around, clearing a chair of the boots that were on them to offer it to Anora. Scratching her head she tried to think what she'd had to drink and how long ago that was. It might still be good.

"Hmm...tea? No wait, cold tea. No good. I am dreadfully sorry, not on my best at these times. Give me a needle and I will conquer the world, but the magic of householding is far beyond me." She chuckled apologetically.

Goodness, look at those eyes.

"Alright, if you can work with numbers, then I am insanely happy already. Now, if you could help out with things like....chairs...and tea...and such...it would be a lifesaver when a client comes in. So far they have forgiven me, but there will come a moment...well, you know how people are." Audrey smiled.

"So, how often would you be able to come around? And what kind of payment would you expect? Hmm..do you have any questions so far?"

Anora gave a good natured chuckle at Audrey's sudden panic, picking up the items and stacking them neatly and in a manner that they wouldn't suddenly come tumbling down, stopping to admire the boots. Oh, but they were nice. "I'm fine," she said, waving away the suggestion of tea. "Though if you'd like some, I can make it. My Grandmother ran an establishment, so I can cook, clean and keep things nice and tidy," she added, turning her childhood home from a former brothel into something almost respectable with a twist of a word.

"I'm pretty well taken up until after the coronation," she said, her lessons with Varesh very important to her. As well as her nightly ones with Vanir. "After that, I could come daily, perhaps with two days off during the week. Don't have ta be in a row. Pay...I don't rightly know what an assistant is worth. Perhaps give me a day or two and see if we can't rightly figure out a decent wage." She tilted her head and smiled at Audrey.

The girl certainly did not lack initiative, that much Audrey had to give her. From the description this was starting to sound rather perfect -something the little tailor had come to be suspicious about. Yet it all seemed very relaxed, with her might-be assistant even used to running an establishment before!

"Hmm, yes, coronation. Goodnes gracious me the DUKE!" Audrey clapped a hand in front of her mouth. "Oh this is gonna be nightwork! For the One's sake if I did not have my head attached to my body I swear I'd leave it in bed each morning!" Muttering to herself the brunette grabbed a random piece of parchment and jotted down a few notes in an empty corner, stuffing it in her pocket afterwards.

"Right, coronation, pay, yes...Sounds like a good plan, dear. Now, how would you prefer to be called? After all, we do get some interesting customers and I would think an up and coming woman such as yourself would want to present herself in a certain way? Hmmm....The coronation on the 25th, let's use the 26th to make sure everyone got rid of whatever festivities would still be in their system...do I see you the 27th?"

Anora sighed as she watched the tailor randomly write a note and stick it in her pocket. There was no way she'd remember it was there, from what the little pickpocket could tell. "Have you a chalkboard anywhere?," she asked, glancing around, hoping to find it miraculously. With such a thing, the tailor could write the note, hang it up where she'd see it, and once done, simply erase it.

"I've always been Anora," she said, raising a brow. "Though my mum used to call me Ana. I suppose we could go with that." She gave a little shrug. "Yes, the 27th would be perfect."

"Anora." The little tailor beamed and extended a hand. "Let us seal the deal then. I will see you on the morningtide of the 27th, after which we shall establish exactly what you will do and how you perform. Thank you so much for offering!"

The brunette guided the young woman back to the door. "Now if you will excuse me, I have a bundle of work to catch up on. Hmm if all goes well, we could arrange for special prices if you want something made? We'll see, eh? Just...happy you're coming in to help!"

After their goodbyes Audrey moved back to her stool. "Now where did I leave that blasted note for the Duke..." She mumbled, searching all over the table in a prophetic follow up on Anora's thoughts.

"Life moves on," Isabella whispered with compassion, trying not to think of the coronation and what it signified.
Last edited by Isabella Florentina on Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

"Audrey!" Fauna exclaimed out loud joyfully when the designer's image appeared in the bauble. "Audrey... can you..." But she trailed off, knowing immediately that the fashion designer wouldn't be able to hear her words.

Smiling through her tears, the blond sorceress watched the small event on the life of Audrey. She laughed out loud at the tailor's seeming lack of order, guffawing out loud as if she'd never laughed that loud before, feeling the peace and joy settling inside her. "Oh, Audrey, you're still a mess!" She exclaimed out loud, not caring if the brunette tailor wouldn't be able to hear her. Yet, deep inside, she still mourned, this would be the last time she would see Audrey. Her life was moving on and a pang of slight envy came upon her when she saw Anora as Audrey's new assistant. Sad that Audrey wouldn't be able to talk to her. But life goes on. Sniffing a last joyfull tear, laughing at the tailor's last sallies, Fauna tore her blue eyes away from the bauble to look fully at Isabella's face.

"I was her first model when she opened her shop in the Citadel," Fauna said, remembering that was once were, her blue eyes bleary and distant. "I was just walking around the market when I saw this wonderful blue gown in a window shop. I wore that blue gown in Ceasar Anochrim's Ball, you remember? You were there, Lady Isa. You were the first one who greeted me. I was such in a nervous wreck back then because I wasn't invited." The blond amunic sorceress laughed out loud as she remembered that day. "Lady Reese was there too and she was talking to a very handsome guy, I forgot his name, but he talked to me too. I remember I told him a lie. I said..." She paused, her eyes going distant once more, her flawless face animated.

"What did I say? I think I told him Pan was my suitor and he visited me in a form of golden rain and we walked along the beach talking about love, poetry, and music. He didn't believe me, but he laughed..." Fauna trailed off and became silent, though her lips was still smiling.

She stood there, gazing far away at the desert for more than a burn, her eyes distant and unreadable as the breeze tore around them. "I think I would like to meet Pan." Fauna mumured between a smile, breaking the silence between them. "Yes, I would like so much to meet Pan. Vanir talked a lot about Him. Yes, I'm ready now, Lady Isa." She turned to the dark-haired woman and gestured for her to show her the way, following Isabella with a light step, leaving the Staff of Myra behind, gleaming silvery hued under the endless desert sand.

"Will Adrian Elsonrae be there?" The perky sorceress asked, giggling a little bit, her voice fading as she moved away into the distant desert dunes, following Isabella to another place.

"He's like so totally hawt! You do remember him, don't you? Isn't he like so totally... uber... as in... totally super hawt?"
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

And so, the time has come to end her story.
There will be other days and other characters,
But this tale is finished,
Thank you for being a part of it.

-- Byron
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake

Return to “Erulzat Archives”