Chatter

Moderator: Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Chatter

Post by Maeve »

Feel free to post your questions, let me know when you will be absent and expect to return etc.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I am going to open the Eastern Empire today. Because I wanted to do it today and dammit, I don't like being off schedule, head cold or no.

What, no locations you say? Well, there are. You are supposed to copy paste them from the wiki. They are not all there yet, but enough so you can post a starting thread and work from there, including NPC's that will gradually emerge.

So, it is up to YOU to start the first threads. It will be educational to see.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

A lot of work has been put into the wiki on the Eastern Empire, and it looks great. One question though, I remember the article on the Empire originally said that part of the population may have been orcish, though now that looks to have been emitted - even countered with the words "Pointedly there is an absence of dwarves, halflings and any other of what the dragon consider lesser races". So I take it no orcs?
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

The current content of EE is correct. Adding an entire continent and making sure that is consistent with existing material was a huge undertaking and even when finally transferring constant edits were made. I can't specifically recall Orcs being ever considered for EE. However there is an Orc colony in developed for a location elsewhere. Did that get mixed up somehow?

Note on lesser races: anything that is not adhiel, dwarves or human is considered lesser in Eastern dragon eyes.
Last edited by Maeve on Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Probably that's what it was. But I should point out that dwarves are also considered 'lesser' according to the wiki.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I stand corrected ;)

No seriously, the confusion on my part was part of the creation story. Dwarves were created about the same time, but dragons had a fondness for adhiel, fae and humans and those are the races they took with them to the Eastern Empire. The rest were just drones.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

I have a little FAQ sheet in the wiki that no doubt will grow further as more sheets get in and questions get asked.
Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

Post by Elvira Rodriguez »

You know, you are not making this easy on me. People are going to gang up on poor ole me and I will have to scream and flail and scratch eyes. And that won't look pretty. Though to be honest Harpy was a good transportation.
Oooooh, is that your money pouch, or have I just landed meself a husband there, luv.
Avatar by the adorable [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Pixieface[/url]
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Post by Gerrard MacKaree »

Well Elvira, I it certainly is not my intention to gang up on you... I've just forgiven you when all evidence point to you and was trying to be a friend... okay, we might've been bickering a bit... But I wanna be nice to you...

*flutters eyes at Elvira*
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Oh .. noooooooooooooooo.. he's fluttering his eyes again. Stop that. Elvira is not green.
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

Post by Aislinn O`Conaill »

Not trying to gang up on you either, ;) Aislinn is far from capable of doing anything at the moment, though I would humbly suggest you leave her green hued eyes intact to amuse the locals with. Hehe...

You just need to get a few more pirate players on board.

Erm. No pun intended.... ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What does not destroy me, makes me stronger. Friedrich Nietzxche

theoriginalcousinit@yahoo.com
Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

Post by Elvira Rodriguez »

Haha. I was teasing, you silly people. This has been quite fun so far. And I do have a plan, and you will be a part of it. It will make us rich and powerful and probably a wee bit hated, but that is okay.
Oooooh, is that your money pouch, or have I just landed meself a husband there, luv.
Avatar by the adorable [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Pixieface[/url]
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

Ah, found it! It wasn't in the Eastern Empire article at all, so I was wrong on that account.
Here it says that Orcs occupy Le Bois Noir, and 'possibly in the Eastern Empire' - see the link.

Want me to take care of it? *cocks handgun*
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Go kill that quickly yes, that was added by somebody working on orcs that obviously had no idea how the EE was shaped to be ;)
Morg

Post by Morg »

Sorted. :D

I also got rid of "Orcs are also present in the Eastern Empire, thought to be a more advanced breed that organise themselves into nomadic cavalry tribes."
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Craghley

Post by Craghley »

'Tis a sad day for Orc-kind... :(
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Oh well, I've heard tell they found a happy home in Nether's Gate ;)
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

As a point for the future, you do not have to wait for your faithful moderator to continue. I can often post every day, but just as often only once a week. Till I thwap you, happily assume away.

Apologies to all those waiting for posts. It has been a strange week. I will do the rest of the threads tomorrow.
Ly Gia Giang
Civus

Post by Ly Gia Giang »

The current posting rate for the EE is fine with, at the very least, myself. But I am compelled to say (something I picked up various other places in Taz) that your posting rate should depend on what your own circumstances allow, not what we would prefer it to be. Something you no doubt know well enough!

Nonetheless, nice to know you're thinking of us :). Here's hoping this 'strangeness', whatever it may be (not my business) resolves itself, and for the better.
Last edited by Ly Gia Giang on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maeve

Post by Maeve »

Thank you *bows*

Are there any places in particular you want developed? I'm trying to finish the ones I had planned for the launch, but I'm sure that players will want to go elsewhere as well ;)
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

Hey folks, I find work has been really busy of late, and keeping up with both characters here in Taz difficult. So I'm plunking Aislinn asleep for a little while, and when folks being on the 28th (or an event wakes her up) will slip back into play.

I'll still be around, so can post if necessary, but just didn't want to hold anyone back for the next week or two.

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Post by Gerrard MacKaree »

Hey Aislinn, I hope you will find your peace in work. *hugs* The decision you made is a good one. Real life over a game. I know how tough that can be though... at least, has been for me.

Nonetheless, I hope you'll have a nice week or two. Even with the busyness of work :P
Phuong Quang Huu
Civus

Post by Phuong Quang Huu »

Greetings all!

If any monkish types or people that would happen to be wandering around the monastery would like to have an IC chat, I've got a thread open and would love to meet you.

Huu
Aislinn O`Conaill
Special Branch

I see Elvira is being summoned 'with the other foreigners' at some point. If/when I need to post again, I will keep an eye out. And thanks Gerrard. :)

Ly Binh Hue
Civus

Post by Ly Binh Hue »

Wish I could join, Huu, but I got myself all wrapped up in other things. Maybe I'll be able to in a little while. :\
[size=84]"We cannot see our reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see." -- Taoist proverb

[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=15174]Hue artwork[/url][/size]

Return to “Long Danh archive”