In Search of the University - Chyril 27th, MT

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

On her stockings Ketch would see the lovingly embroidered rosebuds and tiny initials. The sight was curiously intimate and innocent at the same time. Val realized where he was looking and immediately flushed bright pink. How could she be so careless, to tuck up her skirts like a common country girl when she was supposed to be a sophisticated woman now. Yet his reaction made her laugh in response. I’ve never met a grown man who acts so much like a boy, she thought.

With mounting trepidation she took the rope and began her descent after Ketch. She was strong enough, but her hands were small and who knew how long the climb was. A flash of thought illuminated her mind like lightning. Maybe this isn’t such a good idea. She quickly squashed the thought because, after all, what use was reason after you had already begun? Ketch might see a hint of garter and maybe a flash of slim thigh but not much more, Val had thoughtfully secured her skirts too well for any of that.
It's such a sad old feeling
the fields are soft and green,
it's memories that I'm stealing
but you're innocent when you dream. - Tom Waits
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Ketch felt most alive when courting danger and doing things he was not supposed to, and while peeking under Valya’s skirt was not very dangerous, it was certainly forbidden. “Alright then. How do we see those magickal wards, or do we need you to point them out for us?” He had already moved a few steps down the hallway, and then returned to glance the other way. Both directions looked pretty much the same, with solidly built walls rising over their heads. The left passage betrayed a slight shimmer some distance away, though it was only visible to Ssinith’s eyes, as it was magickal in nature. Valya would find the passage to be much like any of the hallways in her mother’s home, though those did not have open sky instead of ceiling like this one did. Even the rain was not much of a problem, the slight wind making the droplets strike walls over their head, keeping them relatively dry. "So, which way do we go? Any preference, Val?"
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

After reaching the bottom, he looked around and stared down the left passage. He also searched the area for some torch debris.

[Human]

"Sometimes if you have a hunch for traps, some wards have runes. Knowing how protected the University was, however, I likely need to point it out to you. There are traces of magical energy to the left, but they are too distant to tell you what lies there. If you decide to go there, proceed with caution until I can identify it. I will see if I can make a torch. Having fire energy readily available will help with our defense as well as light."

Teaching them a little about energy would at least give them an idea of what they are up against.

[Human]

"A small discourse in magic, friends. All things, from the rocks to our bodies have energy. A wizard takes his will and manipulates it. For it to be manipulated, however, the energy must be present to manipulate."

With that, he mentally envisioned his shielding to cover his hand with a thin sheet of glass as he attempted to conjure the basic fireball with the heat and dust particle energy in the air, focusing the energy over the palm of his hand to offer the fire to them as they finish the torch.

[Human]

"Having the fire ready will give me fire energy to work with rather than heating up the air and keeping this steady all day. I have no idea what power of energy they weaved into this place to protect it, so I need an arsenal to choose from. I worship a god of fire, so doing things this way will also please him and give us added strength."
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Valya harkened to Sin’s description with all the concentration she could muster, her head cocked slightly to the side. Of course what he said sounded like complete nonsense…right up until he created the fireball. How could this energy exist if you couldn’t see it, or smell it? Maybe you can feel it, she mused, like the waves in the ocean.

When Sin created the fireball Val gave an involuntary skip backwards, gasping sharply. Then she bounced back towards him on her toes, a giddy look on her face. This was the second time she had seen magic and every time her desire to try it herself grew. She lifted her hand as though she was drawn to touch the fire. She looked at Ketch to see if this was all as exciting to him as it was to her. His familiar use of her name made a dull blush rise in her face.

“Oh, I don’t know” she said, hysterical giggles lurking at the edges of her voice. “It even kind of looks like home down here…” she bounced a few feet down to the left, then the right, using her eyes, ears, nose, like a vital young animal trying to scent the air. “The kitchen would be that way,” she points to the left then the right, “and the stables would be out that way.”

She shot them both a bright, hard smile, her eyes lit with a mad light. She skipped down the hall to the left a few paces, her slim body canted forward as though she was being led by her nose. Indeed, she thought (or in her excitement imagined) she could smell bread baking down that way.
Last edited by Valya Nix on Mon May 19, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

((I assumed at Journeyman level of magic, that very basic fire wasn't out of the ballpark. If there are complications, let me know. That was a slight bunny.))

S'sinith blinked in utter confusion at the girl as he skipped off down one of the halls which he had warned had an extreme energy deposit in it's later clutches. This girl wanted to be his apprentice and she couldn't even listen to simple instruction? He pitied the poor fool who would have to put up with the wind between her ears.

[Human]

"Did you not hear a word I just said?!"

He wasn't about to go charging in after her, but he cautiously kept his focus as he walked with the small fire in his hand while looking in the distance to make sure she was not about to activate one of the wards or set up a trap which could kill them all.

At this point, her falling into a trap and dying would almost be beneficial to their survival.

Idiot human girls! Some of those stereotypes back home were true!
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

As it were Ketch was much more interested in the left hand passage, Ssinith’s mention of energy he detected there, making the young thief’s eyes glint in the darkness, as he tried to peer into the passage and see as far as possible. He only half-listened to Ambassador’s rambling about types of energy, crouching down to examine the floor. Thierian on the other hand kept his gaze on the right side of the passage, hand casually resting on the pommel of the sword. “I will cover the back, and make sure we are not surprised. Please warn me of any danger ahead.” His voice was barely more than a whisper, though even the stoic bodyguard had to glance at Valya as she skipped of down the passage.

As the girl rushed down the passage, Ketch glanced at Ssinith and Thierian, wondering how wise taking her down here was, but unable to do anything about it. A few steps this way or that would not hurt, but with each step they took Aetheric emanations from the end of the passage grew in intensity. The source of it was not directly ahead of them, but somewhere to the right of where the passage led, the corridor quite possibly the same as one in Valya’s former abode. It was after a dozen or so paces, that Ssinith would feel Ketch’s hand on his shoulder. “You might wish to be careful there, mister. That thing keeps growing and soon your entire arm will be caught in flames.” Should he chance to look at the controlled fireball in his hand, he would find it has doubled in size, the flames licking at his robe.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith nodded to his guard who took the flank before looking at the fireball and slightly raised his shields up his arm before taking away the energy from the fireball.

"Whoh!"

S'sinith doused the fireball and shook his hand off, looking in amazement at the results. He had decent control over his powers, and this unexpected rise in power startled him somewhat.

[Human]

"An energy amplification field?!

S'sinith paused a moment to assess what would require energy to be amplified around here. It could simply be that his link to Molten made fire more potent even in his arcane power. Still, would it grow if he had control over it or simply be more potent?

[Human]

"Here... it will be easier to give you a blessing from Molten to see in the dark. I have recently become a priest and my usage of that power is small, so even if it is amplified, it should not grow out of control."

Hoping that she would pause from her skipping, he made a few motions in the dark area, starting the basic prayer in Adhiel before switching to human.

[Human]

"Molten of the Volcano, though you do not give us light, I ask you allow us to have vision through your element of darkness so that we might find the source of the power in this area. You are power!"

After the results of the benediction happened, he would turn to the rest and breath deeply.

[Human]

"I will put it into as simple terms as I can. Whatever is down there is holding something either very dangerous or extremely protected. With as many wards as there are here combined with the raw power of the room itself, it is either a trapped demon of incredible power, or a very protected room of artifacts. I can not promise that at my skill that I can drop these wards, but whatever is in there, do not enter the room until I fully assess what is in there. With that kind of power, one false step would kill you."

He then relayed the information to Thierian in Adhiel and awaited a response.
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Fri May 30, 2008 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Valya stopped, only a few feet away from the others. “Well, fine,” she sighed, “If you don’t want to go that way then let’s go the other way. I don’t care. As long as we go. We’ll never find anything if we just stand around talking.” She joined the others again, obviously crestfallen. Surprising that they were so surprised. Thoughtless, changeable, and capricious she was, in other words, a teenage girl.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Human girls!

S'sinith was annoyed with her quickly, but exercised his patience and emotion before speaking.

[Human]

"How do you expect to learn from those if you do not listen? I did not say do not go, I said go with extreme caution. If you really wish to die, then by all means, charge forward. If you were entranced by that small fireball, you will cower in terror at the energy down the hall. I will go first, then. Ketch, watch my back, Thierian, will stay behind you to protect you."

With that, S'sinith took point and kept a watch on the energies around him, trying to determine what wards were in place and figuring out the flow of the energy ahead.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Flames about Ssinith's hand flickered, refusing to die even though he had cut off the energy that fed them, but it was just a momentary delay, and soon the quartet was sheathed in darkness. It was as if the fire wanted to stay alive, as if it had a will of its own, yet in the end Ambassador's will prevailed and it was no more. Surely, Molten with his vast powers would be able to control the treacherous energies of Aether in this place, and not allow some puny energy amplification field to taint his magick. Yet, there seemed to be some hesitation, as even though granting then a night sight was certainly within Molten's power, darkness was not his domain and he could not grant them exactly what was asked.

The spell worked, but it had been through Ssinith's previous dedication that the divine being granted light to their eyes, a small flame flickering where their irises stood, and light became illuminated. It was clear the passage stretched for about thirty paces forward, and ended in a chamber, only one side of it visible. The energy came from the right, and even without the Molten's imbued eyesight they would have been able to see that something there illuminated the room, its light unsteady and flickering. Ketch slipped to Valya's side and poked her in the side. "You know, I am beginning to like you. You just need to remember that curiosity killed the cat and to keep it under control somewhat. Especially in a place like this. Mages can be mean and stingy bastards." There came another nudge this time from his elbow. "Stay close and when get to the loot, don't try to eat anything strange." He grinned. "You might turn all purple or yellow and grow a third eye or something."
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Now S'sinith was worried... he had never had energy go sentient on him before. He pondered a moment, almost swearing that shadow was an element of Molten's, particularly with his experiences with the priests and their control of shadow energy.

His thoughts then returned to his theories on the symbiosis of Faith energy and wondered if he just quenched Molten himself without realizing it. Regardless, he bowed his head briefly and mentally asked forgiveness of Molten if he was haphazard about his use of power.

Raising his head, he was confused as he listened to the two of them. After a moment, he smirked trying to lighten up the mood.

[Human]

"You think I'm a stuffy one? Wait until you get into the University. If they are anything like some of the Professors I had at home, some of them can be downright intolerable. When you are an alchemist such as I, you are always paranoid of something blowing up. Besides... what Ketch said might not be far from the truth."

He was almost afraid to put up his shields, not sure what the field would do to him. Entering the glowing room, he breathed in slowly to encase himself in his normal fire-based shielding, casting the energy across his body as he went to examine the cause of the light.

[Human]

"What I am doing is called 'shielding'. I am just putting on a suit of energy that fits my personality to protect me from other energies. Stay behind me in case anything lashes out. I do not know if I can cover all of us."

With that, S'sinith kept looking around the room to determine if the glowing was a seal, or perhaps a portal.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Val wiggled happily, her mood making a quick one eighty. “I’ll remember, Mister Ketch,” she ducked her head, “I guess sometimes I can be a bit flighty, but I’ll try harder to mind.” She looked up out from under her eyelashes slyly, “Since I hear it’s not easy for a three eyed purple girl to catch a beau.”

She harkened to Sin, realizing that it was now much easier to see and that he was about to enter the glowing room…yes, best for him to go first. She edged carefully along the corridor she had so blithely traveled before. “What do you see? Who’s this Molten you keep talking to? Can we go in? D’ya think…” Then she remembered she was probably supposed to be quiet and bit her knuckle to hush herself.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

[Human]

"Molten is my God and master. Go in, but stay behind me and touch nothing until I can read this energy."

He peered up and around the light, trying to determine what kind of energies were at work here. It would explain what this place was being used for.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It took a flicker for Ssinith to notice his fire shield also taking life of its own, growing in intensity, so much that even untrained eyes of Ketch and Valya were able to see it as an orange aura of transparent flames flickering about his body. They did not get out of control, and there was no discomfort, as they paced forward, the adhiel mage entering the room, finding that it was not quite a room, but a prison of sorts. In a corner stood a peculiar cage, its bars made of stone. The creature it held made it obvious why such a cage was needed, a being of living flame pushing against the bars, hissing at the interlopers, reaching one flame encased limb towards the mage. Looking into it was like looking into a miniature sun, Ssinith’s sensitive eyes aching physically. Even through his shield the dark adhiel felt the heat of the creature, sweat covering his skin, whilst Valya and Ketch could not even enter the room. Slowly the flames receded, the brightness of the flames turning into a reddish glow, as twin points of light locked with Ssinith’s. The creature kept hissing, a few words in human tongue audible. “Trapped…..Kill…. Burn……Free…. Hurt…..Mortal……
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

Ssinith winced, trying to look at the creature past his sleeve. It was hard to tell if this was an elemental or a demon, for he had never met a demon before in his life. If it was an elemental, he might be able to say a prayer to send it back to it's plane instead of here.

[Human]

"Stay back! This is a prison!"

S'sinith paused for a moment knowing he couldn't look directly at the thing with his sensitive sight. Since the creature knew some human, he would try to communicate with it. He concentrated on his shields, placing a hand over his firebrand.

[Human]

"Are you from nether or aether?"

But I'm not letting you out of there if you are a demon, powerful one.

Elementals freely roamed the Aether, but the Nether had a different energy of it's own. If what he was looking at was truly fire energy incarnate, then he prayers to Molten may send this creature back to his plane. He looked around the prison's energy field, recalling his knowledge of portals, seeing if there was any way to reverse it and send him away.
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Perched at the doorway, kept at bay by the billowing heat Valya could just see the thing in the cage. Perhaps she hadn’t yet cultivated the good sense to be properly terrified but Val found this all dreadfully exciting. She had no problem believing what she was seeing because she had grown up believing in every fairy, elemental, and monster under the bed there was and yet…the sight of the living flames made her feel a sort of unearthly disconnection from reality.

Bouncing on her toes as though she was about to leave the earth at any second, she grabbed at Ketch’s hand. “Look, ooh, look Ketch, it’s a monster!” She called out to Sin. “Are you going to let him out? Ask him why the mages put him in there! Why would they do that?”
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

By Molten, we brought a gnome child in the body of a dryad with us...

S'sinith's annoyed feelings had to be quelled to keep his shields up. He did not turn to look at Valya as there was something far more dangerous than a farm girl's stupidity to deal with.

Or was there, in this instance?

[Human]

"Likely for experiments. It likely took a group or an archmage to seal one such as this. I have no idea what this being will do if unleashed. If it is an elemental, I can likely send it back to the Aether with Molten's help. If it's a demon... then we have problems."

He could feel it's anger and it would likely destroy everything in it's path... including them. His instincts felt, however, that this being was not demonic. He had seen Netheric energy before with the problem at the portal.

[Human]

"Ancient one! I am S'sinith D'Illil-Devir, Firebrand and Aspirant of Molten! Who has sealed you here? I feel your anger! We are not here to further torment you."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The word prison sent shivers up Ketch's spine, the agile thief still peeking around the corner in curiosity and frowning at the sight his eyes found there. "Uhm, mage-fella? Why are we still here? There's nothing but this thing in here and it's a dead-end." Whilst the others were drawn and transfixed by the fiery creature and its anger, the young man had used the time to examine the room, and should either of them do the same they would find the room bare save for the stone cage and the creature within it. Not quite interested in the creature itself, Ketch did not wish to spend too much time dealing with a being that looked and sounded this dangerous. It was not cowardice, but wisdom.

The flames that made up the creature seemed to literally breathe, rising and falling with a sound like that of a giant bellows, soft growl emanating from somewhere within the creature's chest. It did not respond, merely looking at the puny mortals with eyes filled by malice and hatred, though the heat was no longer unbearable. Suddenly, at the word torment the creature leapt forward once more, banging against the stone bars of the cage, hands of flames reaching for Ssinith and Valya its fingers elongating like fiery whips. Where dark-adhiel was safe from their touch, a few strands of the girl's hair caught flames. Strong hand gripped her forearm and she was pulled back into the passage by Ketch before the being of fire could do more damage. "Whoa. There are easier ways to get a haircut than fire, cutie. Let the magey guy handle this, though we should be going and seeking less dangerous places." His voice rose so Ssinith would hear it clearly, as the creature threw its body against the bars, growing more enraged with each hit, pain of each strike not slowing it down, but in fact making it more eager to try and reach the puny mortal, to engulf it into a fiery and lethal embrace.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

[Human]

"Trust me, it is more dangerous if we leave him like this! Go down the other path! If this being breaks free, both we and the city are going to be attacked! I have no idea how long that seal will hold! Thierian will go with you in the case you run into anything else. There is nothing he or you can do against a creature such as this! I will catch up to you once I am sure we are safe!"

S'sinith turned to Thierian, giving him the order in Adhiel to go with them down the other corridor. He had to get this situation under control as he turned back to the elemental.

[Human]

"No. Not enemy! I am mortal, but I serve a Molten!"

Pausing for a moment, still keeping his shields up, he breathed deeply and concentrated on Molten. This creature seemed calm as he spoke before, so his odds were that this creature was an elemental. He spoke in his native tongue, as that was the language he knew Molten with best.

Molten... if I am the Firebrand, might I in turn speak with the fire? If this Ancient One is of the flame and not the Nether, then please let him hear me.

[Adhiel]

"I am of Molten, Ancient One... in Molten's name, I ask you to share your rage with me, but I will not let you take it out on those not responsible. Your hate is so strong... what have they done to you? Please... feel Molten within me, and know for certain I wish no more pain upon you. I know you desire revenge, but it will not be with every mortal you come across."

He braced for the worst... he knew this shackled being had been down here for much longer than he was alive. He had no experience in wards, but he hoped that his knowledge about portals and how to travel across the planes could at send this fire creature to a happier place.

[Adhiel]

"Please, Ancient One... even if you must take out your anger on me, I am not afraid of the fire. I trust my master to let me live. I can not let a creature of his element suffer like this. I may feel pain, but I will not let you kill me. My Master means everything to me, and I must live to spread his teachings. Molten is the incarnation of the Volcano, and he must be brought to the surface. If you desire to be free, I can send you to his warm and fire-laden embrace. He, too, revels in power and rage. Surely his presence will give you release. If you still do not trust this mortal, I will pray to him so that you may feel it for yourself."
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Valya clapped her hands to her hair with a ringing yawp. Suddenly her blood felt a bit more like ice water than usual and their little adventure a bit less shiny and new. “I’m with you,” she said to Ketch as she hurried away from the room. Unlike Ketch, her actions were mostly inspired by cowardice.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Ketch took the lead this time, glancing at Thierian and passing the dark adhiel as he padded softly down the hall, away from Ssinith and the raged creature of fire in the magickal cage. Were anyone to observe from above they might even say he was near running, though the almost mad dash lasted only until they reached the spot at which the quartet descended into the cellars, and with upraised hand lithe thief halted Valya and dark-adhiel bodyguard. “Alright now. Slow and easy from here. Let me take the lead.” He handed a piece of chalk to Thierian. “Here. Make markings on the wall so your master can follow us.” Then with a grin he turned to Valya. “And you best keep your hands in your pockets. I prefer you whole and non-crispy.” Onward he went, pausing here and there to examine parts of floor and walls, approaching the left hand turn in the passage some twenty paces forward. Despite his attention, Ketch somehow missed a loose brick to his left, the wall uneven there, section of it sticking out.

The creature hissed and raged as it threw itself against the bars, and despite his plea to Molten, Ssinith found himself understanding only parts of what the being of flame uttered. “SHUT…… DEATH….. BURN……Fire good….. Suffer…..” Even as the dark-adhiel spoke, the creature grew weary, even its rage not enough to push it onwards, the constant banging against the bars hurting it. “Open….Free…..Flames…..Death…..” Even in its maddened state the creatures eyes went to the opposite corner, a lever set into the wall, cobwebs gathered between it and the stone wall. The creature fell silent, pulling back slightly, its flames flickering with a wheezing sound much like labored breathing.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith was torn as a priest and as a creature of common sense. This creature wanted to kill whomever imprisoned it. The last thing Citadel needed was this thing about to rampage through the city. It was fire, though... to leave the elemental imprisoned would be against what he believed. He saw the creature calming down, however, thinking that at least the creature understood him, even though he could not understand it completely.

[Adhiel]

"I trust you, Molten..."

S'sinith got closer to the cage, seeing how hurt it got from its rage. His heart filled with love and pity for the Ancient One. After its weariness started, he placed his finger to his lips, breathing a soothing... almost flame like hiss. He breathed in deeply himself, trying to make the aura of his shields closer to soothing candlelight rather than a roaring inferno in appearance. He was visibly nervous, knowing full well that even though death would likely not await him, severe pain might still lash out from the elemental.

[Human]

"No hurt self... calm... calm... I good mortal."

He dared to venture directly to the cage, kneeling before the bars and well in range of getting lashed out at should the creature get a second wind. He knelt down to look less intimidating and even dared to outstretch a caring hand to the creature, feeling the intense heat and breathing deeply to not lose faith.

[Human]

"No death. Yes revenge, yes burn bad mortal... but no death. Tell me name of bad mortal. Together... revenge."
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

“Have you been here before?” Valya asked Ketch’s back as she followed him. “D’ya know where we’re going? Are you looking for something? What are you looking for? Maybe I could help you find it…” Quickly Val wrapped up her hands up in her cloak so as to not accidentally pick up something deadly. Then, in a classic case of not watching were she was going, Valya was too busy following Ketch to notice the brick sticking out of the wall. She fetched her shin up hard against the brick, sending her sprawling into an extremely graceful face-plant. Crawling back up onto her knees, she looks down at her scraped and gravel embedded palms. Her breath hitches in her thin chest and she looks as though she might begin to cry.
Last edited by Valya Nix on Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Even though he ignored her questions, Ketch could not help but chuckle at Valya’s hyperactivity, his eyes on the ground before them, slowly advancing down the passage. The girl found herself sprawled face first on the floor, Thierian pausing to give her time to rise, Ketch looking over his shoulder, a look of slight worry on his face. “You alright? You need to watch your step.” He back up and offered her his hand, nearly blocking another brick that was sticking out much like the one she tripped upon. Of that particular brick there was no trace, a hole in the wall replacing it as if by magick. Ketch did not look at her and thus did not notice her teary face, and Thierian ignored it pointedly, keeping his eyes on the other end of the hallway where his ward was talking to the being of fire.

Meanwhile, the being of flame simply stood, watching the puny mortal before it try to imitate the flames, eyes flashing with anger for a flicker, and then suddenly its arm shot forward, blindingly fast and gripped Ssinith’s wrist, pulling him towards the bars, pinning him against them. The creature glided closer, searing his skin even through the protective aura of Molten, the sickly scent of burning flesh spreading from his wrist, pain almost unbearable. When the voice came next it was clear and audible, coming from his head. “Moore, Peckerton, Kwyll, Baldeserrato, Acantha, Octava, Durell. They die. You do. You do. Or you die.” With that the creature let go of his wrist, pulling back and standing calmly in the center of its cage. Were he to look upon his wrist, Ssinith would find a red gem imbedded in his flesh, flames dancing within it, the stone almost painfully warm to the touch.
Last edited by Grey Wolf on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith gritted his teeth, wincing and letting out a slight panicked pain. The pain was barely able to make him understand. One name he recognized... his teacher from the Gulanadur school. Apparently, he had been one of the ones who had done this.

Did he just make a grave error and accidently strike a pact with a demon?

Tell me to destroy the entire University, why don't you? Why would all those high powers be responsible for your pain?

[Human]

"What... are you? Name?"

He was going to be on the verge of killing himself if he was about to be working with a demon. Though he was unaware of this jewel being a part of demonic ritual, but if a being of elemental fire was being abused, it was his job as a Moltenite to take revenge... even if it was his old teacher. As a priest, he realized that energy could take sentient form, and a part of him was now a part of the flame. To trap that spirit of flame and cage it like an animal with whatever experiments they did to it was wrong.

But so was murdering his former teacher... at the same time, however, Molten was a god who did not care how one got powerful, so long as it was through him and no other being.

In any case... he learned a valuable lesson this tide. The road to being a king required that he could no longer be nice. He now had to pay a price for his attempt at mercy... now a mercy which had to be paid in blood to prevent this creature from going ballistic over Citadel. Weighing the options, he had to put aside his personal preferences of dealing with things in a peaceful manner. For such powerful mages to leave this creature behind, they were either doing very important experiments or there was a bloody good reason why this creature was down here. Taking any chances that the earthy cage could break would spell disaster for Citadel. He breathed hard and winced, sweat stinging his eyes.

[Human]

"If kill... they no suffer. They no suffer like you suffer."

How could he do this without looking like an unholy terror that the Dark Adhiel were made to be? With ragged breaths he tried to think... maybe there was an alternate plan?

A duel perhaps?

His mind tried to come up with a decently political way to do this while letting this powerful being have his play.

[Human]

"I bring them... I summon you. Together we fight bad mortals... big battle. You burn them yourself and I help."

There was a spark in his eyes... a new glint of sinister? He could be dark when he wanted to be, but he had to search himself. He rubbed the jewel on his hand with a dark smile. It would theoreticly be three against seven, but that three had a lot of power.
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”