In Search of the University - Chyril 27th, MT

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Valya Nix
Civus

In Search of the University - Chyril 27th, MT

Post by Valya Nix »

Morning had come a bit too early for Valya after a night of warmth and security at the Dragon. The young Achadhiel awoke groggy and confused, expecting to hear the sounds of her own home coming from the kitchen of the tavern. Her heart contracted with a swift anxiety at the thought of leaving her room and being among so many strangers again. Would anyone ever seem safe and familiar again? Val sat up and ran a hand through her tangled hair. If only she had thought to bring a brush!

She slipped out of the bed and began dressing, an expression of intense thought working its way across the unfamiliar terrain of her forehead. Well, there is Yosie. And that nice boy, oh, whatshisnam-Corbin. He said he was a student, maybe I’ll run into him again and oh we could be friends (a bit more than friends if you know what I mean-)oh, shut up, you stupid brain. Maybe Helena had been right – coming to town did turn one into a corrupt sex fiend. Valya finished her dressing, washed her face, then turned to the mirror. She twists her hair up into a knot and secures it. It would be no good at all to walk into her future looking so raggedy. The last thing she does before leaving her room is to take out the weighty tome Helena had given her before she left home. Valya opens the almanac and flips through the pages, running a finger down to the current date. Ah, yes. Looked to be bad weather tonight. She ties on her cloak and tugs her cap down over her forehead. Maybe they’ll let me sleep down in the wine cellar tonight, if it gets too bad. At home the thunder never…never sounded so loud down in the cellar.

Val set out from the Dragon then, making her way through the foreign streets as best she could. Her heart was light and her head high, for today she would find the University! If only…if only she had paid attention to the proverb penciled in next to the text she might not be so certain. A little too late, it read, is much too late.
It's such a sad old feeling
the fields are soft and green,
it's memories that I'm stealing
but you're innocent when you dream. - Tom Waits
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The streets were slowly filling with people, though they were still quite empty, which was not common for any city and especially not for Citadel. The events of last night left the men and women of the big city wary of going out, though the blue uniforms of the City Guard were visible upon every corner, with more patrolling the streets in groups. Yosie had given Valya directions to the University and it was not that hard to locate even though she was unable to see its spires just yet. As it turned out she was not able to see its spires at all, as beyond the gate that at one time led into the University of Magick now stood an empty field. A single spire still stood, though there was no activity near it, the people who came to explore the spot where the famed institution stood more interested in the gaping holes that marked the spots where the rest of the spires stood. A detachment of soldiers in the white uniforms and black cloaks of Imperial Guard stood watch over the entrance, though they did not bar way within.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

The sight of the altered skyline was not as fundamentally disturbing to Valya as it probably was to natives of the city but the gaping space was still unsettling. How…how is this possible? It was as if a giant hand had reached down and plucked the complex out like a rotten tooth. She was drawn in, curious and amazed – too shocked to feel the crush of disappointment.

Val tugged her cap down lower over her eyes when she noticed the Guards keeping watch. They didn’t seem to be bothering anyone, but in her experience it was quicker to ask forgiveness later rather than get permission now. She tries to give the Guards a good wide berth as she ventures across the courtyard. Right-o, lets takes stock. Dreams - crushed, University - gone. Whats left? Just some great buggering pits, creepy stairs down to nowhere, annnd…one tower standing. I’d bet a chicken inna coop that that’s the place to start looking for a clue about what happened here...And what I should do now.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was the funny how trying not to get noticed at times led to a person being noticed, and even watched by the very people he or she was trying to avoid. Valya's subtle advance into the University proper was followed by several pairs of eyes from the blue clad guards, though they did nothing to stop her in any way. They just watched suspiciously and waited for her to make a mistake and reveal just what the Nether she was trying to hide.

Moving to the only remaining tower was not as easy as it may have seemed, the road there seemingly easy, but as it turned out filled with traps. One moment she was walking across the cobbles and then next the ground under her crumbled and she was slipping into a deep pit where an underground chamber had been, the supporting walls having been teleported with the University. She was about to be consumed by the hole, and probably buried under the falling cobblestones when a hand gripped her wrist and held tight.

There was a moment of pain, her hip striking the solidly packed earth and then she was moving up only to land on top of a young man of some twenty yahren at first glance, though a flicker later his age could probably be guessed as closer to thirty. His face was angular and his hair obviously well kept, an impish smile responsible for the lines at the edge of his lips and eyes. The smile seemed to be more than a simple upward curl of his lips, reflecting just as vividly in the young man's eyes. "Morning. You need to watch your step. There's more gone than just towers."
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

In true Valya fashion she didn’t even notice how much attention she was drawing by being so ‘inconspicuous’. On the contrary, now that she had a firm plan in mind she started to feel pretty good. Pretty real good. Her strut started to assert itself as she bopped along…right up to the moment she felt the ground drop out from underneath her.

She barely had time to utter a panicked squeak as she tumbled down to certain doom. “Eeep!”

And then, just in time, she was saved! Val found herself sprawled on top of some strange man, nose to nose with him, her hands convulsively closing on his shirt in an unbreakable death-grip. “Oh, oh, oh!” seemed to be all she could manage to say. Her hat had tumbled off onto the cobbles a foot away and her long dark chestnut hair escaped its knot to tumble down around their faces like a veil. Her eyes were wide and terrified, “What? How? Who?"
Last edited by Valya Nix on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

((Mind if I join?))

He had to see it to believe it... did the University of Magic truly lift into the sky? How could he sleep through this? It was hard to find a coachman who could take both he and Thierian over to the scene, but he paused for a good burn to gape.

[Adhiel]
"My Molten! What happened?"

He wasn't close enough to see the actual collapse, but he was able to see Valya on top of one of the guards looking scared to death from outside the open window of the carriage. He had dressed in his regal black and gold wizards attire in hopes of meeting someone who might have been left behind and in charge to find out what happened.

Assessing the situation of the girl and why she would get so close to the hole where the University once stood, he paused long enough to calm himself and decide to practice his mysterious charm. A Dark Adhiel, though imposing, held a degree of fascination with the surface. He adjusted his hair, letting his ponytail fall and his half medium, half long hair stream past his shoulders.

He adjusted a pair of strange tinted lenses over his eyes to adjust further to the early morning light. He didn't have his ceremonial gold armor on under his robes, so the robes fluttered slightly behind him as he opened the carriage door and inspected the scene. He took a few graceful strides towards the hole, raising a hand of peace to the surrounding guards as he came closer to the girl and the fallen guard. He slightly hammed up his Gulanadur accent, hearing that women liked that sort of thing.

[Human]
"Is all well?"
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Most Heroic Male PC (2008)
Most Religious PC (2008/2006)
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

The morning light must have been a bit too bright for Ssinith as the man who rescued Valya was definitely not the guard, the cluster of Blues remaining close to the gate where it was safe and the ground did not threaten to disappear under their feet. The man was chuckling at the girl's panic attack, his hand holding her waist and making sure she did not slip aside, as the dark-adhiel and his bodyguard approached, Thierian going first and poking the ground with the scabbard of his sword. The guards looked interested in it all, but did not look like they were about to get involved.

"Come down. You are safe for now." Then with a smile the man rolled over, pinning Valya under him for but a flicker, before moving to stand up, offering her his hand to rise to her feet as well. He glanced at Ssinith and replied with a grin. "everything under control here, mister. Miss just stepped on the wrong spot. We'll be fine. Thanks for asking." Then he turned towards the girl, half-risen, as the grip on his shirt kept him from rising fully. "Come now, Ketch will keep you safe."
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Val look down, and then up at this man Ketch, her expression dazed. She felt keenly aware of his hand on her waist and when he rolled on top of her she made a little squeak of dismay at his obvious amusement in her predicament. She was slightly mollified by his use of the modifier ‘Miss’, which soothed her injured dignity, and his reassuring words. His tone was authoritative and comforting after her fright and she found herself obeying him meekly. Valya rose to her knees and loosened one hand from his shirt. She grabbed her cap from the ground while she kept her other hand safely clutching him. Val set her cap lightly on her loose hair and quickly grasped his offered hand with her free one. She was not about to slip back down that hole!

“I offer you my thanks and, oh, my everlasting regards Mr…Ketch,” she said as she got to her feet, “And I thank you for your concern Mister…” Valya turned to train her attention on Ssinith for the first time.

“Aaah!” Val exclaimed in fright...probably not the reaction Ssinith was expecting. She pressed her hands over her mouth and backed up a step, bumping into Ketch. Her wide eyes took in his rich outfit, his funny little glasses, and most of all his incomprehensible coloring. Valya quickly mastered her surprise, replacing it with ardent curiosity. “My goodness,” she breathed, leaning forward to inspect him. This man was dressed like a gentleman, looked like an Adheil, but what in the world had happened to him? Considering his white hair, was he very old? And his skin! Had he rolled in soot? An unfortunate ink factory accident? Squid fight? She had simply never seen anyone who looked like him before and didn't know what to think.
Last edited by Valya Nix on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

The gray overcast made the sky a vast array of whites and grays that his eyes had trouble adjusting to. With normal day, you had a point to look away from, but until the sky grew darker, it would likely annoy him quite a bit. He adjusted his eye wear again and looked more closely as the girl was picked up. At the introduction, he smiled and nodded, breaking the ice with a play on words.

[Human]

" 'Ketch'? ... Your name fits your deed well, sir!"

Before anyone had time to laugh at his pun, the girl started to panic before his eyes. He blinked at her and tilted his head down slightly so that she could see his shock sky blue eyes with dabs of purple. At closer inspection, he showed small signs of war, as his right cheek had a scar and his ear on the same side had a splintered tip. It also revealed that he was likely not much older than she was, but with a gaze of maturity in his eyes. Compared to most Adhiel, he was very tall, but proportionally lanky. He kept a bemused smile on his face, as he gave respectful nod to the both of them.

[Human]

"I am S'sinith D'Illil-Devir, Ambassador of Gulanadur. Pleased to meet you both. I came here wondering about the status of the University, as I am a wizard by trade."
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If all things are energy and a wizard is a master of manipulating it, then as a politician am I studying the greatest sorcery of all."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

"Yup, I catch stuff." Then Valya jumped and hid behind the young man, causing him to chuckle and assume a mock-defensive posture, uttering in his best romance hero voice. "I shall protect you from this polite and well mannered dark adhiel, milady. Have no fear, Ambassador would never hurt you." Ketch grinned and offered his hand rather unceremoniously, with Thierian stepping closer, but not quite yet drawing a blade, which led to a momentary gaze duel between Ssinith's bodyguard and nimble man. "Uni went POOF during the night. That's what everyone says. I did not see the light show, but they say it was impressive." He glanced over his shoulder towards the lone spire still standing. "And that place is empty. I was looking for...clues and was looking for a way to go down into the cellars. Or what remains of them anyhow." all the while he kept himself between Ssinith and Valya even though the girl could feel that he was not tense under her touch, not finding the Ambassador intimidating in the least.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

He nodded and shook Ketch's hand firmly. Taking in the surrounding area, he sighed and shook his head. This event would cause more problems for Citadel, but would allow his plans more leeway now that the Battlemages were nowhere to be found.

[Human]

"Two large fires and this in the past few tides. This is most troublesome. As much as I would like to investigate this matter myself, I doubt even a man with your reflexes could dodge whatever traps may be under there... furthermore defend yourself against whatever may be sealed underneath."

S'sinith folded his arms and lowered his head. Things down in those dungeons may be quite dangerous. Who knows what demonic power may lie there. Gears were starting to turn in his head. Oh, this was a perfect opportunity in order to prove the worth of Gulanadur to the Empire! A part of him, though, didn't trust Ketch completely. His hesitation when admitting to looking for "clues", gave him a wonder about what he was really looking for and for whom.

[Human]

"This is alarming. It must be investigated, but not in haste. Perhaps we can request permission from the guard to investigate it ourselves. I am a decent wizard and my people can see in the dark much better. We might even get paid decently for it, depending on if there is any seals down there. They might have been hiding something vicious down there. After all the chaos which has happened around, the last thing we need is another magical creature in the streets."

With that, S'sinith looked around for one of the guard who looked like they were in charge.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Valya slapped Ketch playfully on the shoulder, “Why, sugar, I wasn’t scared…just surprised. Sort of.” Of course, in saying such familiar things she was forgetting herself abominably, but…he had saved her life. And something about the way he spoke made her feel more at ease than she had since she set foot over the city lines.

“Please, Ambassador, you must forgive my bad manners…” Valya stepped out and made a deep curtsy to S'sinith. Obviously he must be very important, she thought, an Ambassador and a mage to boot. She held out her hand to be kissed and flicked her sooty lashes up at him, once, twice. After all, sly minx like herself must capitalize on opportunities. Especially when her original opportunity had up and vanished. “I grew up just buried out in the Fields and I’ve never met anyone from…” she screwed up her face trying to pronounce the foreign word, “Guh…Glandular?” She didn’t even attempt his proper name.

Though her charm was aimed at S'sinith her body language was still oriented towards Ketch. “That’s just what I was doing! This…other young man was supposed to fetch me here today but he never showed up, I see why now, and though I was just hopping mad about it I thought I had better come down here myself, you know, I was supposed be one…of them.” Her hasty cascade of words trickled to a stop with this pitiful observation. She stared moodily at the spire with the expression of a child left out of a party.

S'sinith’s plan brought mixed thoughts and emotions to her mind. First she gave Ketch a foolish little smirk saying that they two were daring types that gave little worry to the dangers the Dark Adheil thought might be lurking. And then, flickers later her expression veered into apprehensive unease. After all, this city did seem to be trying to kill her. Maybe an armed guard might be in order? And then again she felt a spike of anxiety that Ketch would not stick around if the guards were involved. She didn’t know where she got this impression but he might, like herself, feel guilty around authority figures whether or not she had currently been misbehaving.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith's crossed armed lightened and laughed sincerely, his face lightening up as she offered her hand. He had not done it before, but he was politely charmed by her innocence. Taking her hand, he kissed it softly to ease her mind.

[Human]

"I am still getting used to the surface, myself. I will not be foolish. If I can not get you to the University, perhaps I can mentor you."

He turned to Ketch and nodded over to him, not leaving him out of the equation.

[Human]

"Do you work for someone? Perhaps this venture would interest them. Someone with your reflexes is quite a value. Not mentioning that one would not be looking for clues to a place so dangerous on his own ticket. You are far too wise for that."
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

"Nah, she's too busy to care about a place like this right now. I was bored and figured I could take a peek down there, maybe get myself a souvenir or two. You know.... Two dozen towers don't go poof every day and people might find items from that time valuable in the future." He smiled innocently and glanced into the nearest pit, which was incidentally the one he dragged Valya out of. "I planned to be very careful. Poke stuff first with a stick and stuff. Not try to pry anything that looked attached or magely valuable." He nodded sagely. "I've known a few mages and I know what kind of stuff they like and it is completely different from the stuff I like."

Only then did he glance towards the distant guards, not one of them straying away from the safety of front gate. "And I don't think those louts will be very interested in helping. helping themselves to a share of our loot maybe, but actually going down there with us and putting their necks on the line.... Nuh uh. You ain't that lucky, mister, even though you could pass for a chimney sweeper with your dark skin." He grinned and hummed. "I say the three of us find a way down and just take a look. See if there are any clues as to where the mages are. Maybe keep a few of their possessions safe until they ask for its return, if you catch my drift."
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Valya looked pleased with herself. Obviously she wasn’t stuck up and prejudiced like her mother and the other well born people she had known. She snuck a glance down at her hand, checking that whatever had made him so unfathomably dark hadn’t rubbed off on her. It hadn’t and she looked visibly relieved. See? After just two days in the city she was getting rather cosmopolitan, wasn’t she? He wasn’t really so scary after all. She started to smile. And he would teach her, and possibly take her to parties in his fine carriage.

Val twitched her skirts from side to side obviously a little put out that Ketch was speaking to Sin rather than to her. It slowly dawned on her that her first impression had been valid. He seemed to be a thief of some sort and she knew she ought to feel femininely distressed. Quite the contrary, she felt rather indifferent to the fact. After all what did these mages suppose would happen? You can’t just go about leaving your property unprotected and expect it to be there when you returned. Everyone knew city people didn’t have very strong moral fiber.

“Well,” she said, setting her cap firmly. “Let’s get to it then.”
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

[Human]

"I suggest the four of us better prepare ourselves. A stick may not be enough for what may be lurking under this rubble. As I hear of this city, this place has already had enough problems with demons. If you wish, I have more guards who can some with us at the Embassy. We can call this little adventure a... private investigation. If you have other "friends" who might be interested, we can negotiate terms. After all, if we find something big, it may take more than this small group to get it out."

S'sinith looked at the sky, wondering when the rain was going to fall. Slippery rock would not be fun to climb on without some help.

"Who knows when that rain will fall... getting out will be more difficult if the rocks are covered in rain. I have friends in the University, and must know if all is well. If you agree to this plan, I can meet you somewhere so that we may gather some others. The Burpin' Dragon, perhaps? I have business I must check up on over there anyway. Besides, it appears to be the only large gathering place which has not been prone to arson."

He needed to check up on that girl and the sailor he saved several tides ago from the Red Banner fire. Furthermore, he wanted to make sure that he was well prepared to climb such a vast place. Even his guards may not make it if there was still some magical energy roaming around.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

"The Dragon? Do you know it?" Valya looked inordinately pleased with the news. "Thats where I've been staying." This seemed to be turning into a much bigger adventure than she had expected, what with extra guards and mysterious friends and plans and terms. To think, she had started the day with little more on her mind than the rain and the want of a brush. She furrowed her brow. That brush situation still needed remedying. Oh well.

She wondered if one, or both, of these gentlemen would offer to escort her home. Valya had the vague idea that men were always escorting ladies somewhere but she really had no idea since it hadn't been that long ago when she had been just a child and not fit for any sort of escorting. Escort, escort, escort. That was a funny word. If you keep thinking it then it doesn't sound like a real word. Were they still talking? Maybe they would fight over who got to escort her. She smiled a dreamy woolgathering smile, obviously not paying a speck of attention to what was actually happening.
Last edited by Valya Nix on Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Ketch sighed and shook his head as Ssinith did not quite understand what was going on and how little time there was for, for the lack of better term, free looting of the University of Magic cellars while the owners were not around. Sure it was dangerous, and sure they could die, but if they did not go down right now, somebody else will and they would die or get rich by the time the fresh guards could come. Furthermore, more people meant smaller cuts for Ketch and he was not certain he wanted that to happen. “Whoa, mister. See this is where you and I differ. I know we have about half a mark if not less before Marshal figures out he could profit from this somehow or someone else bribes the right person and gets the investigation rights to this place. And guess what we will get then? Zilch. Nothing, Nada. Not a stinking banner. But, if we go down now, we can at least scout the place out and maybe use those connections of yours to get exclusive salvage and recovery rights or some such nonsense. But, do you want to spend time and money securing salvaging rights to a place that is empty?” He shifted nervously, glancing towards the gate and other prospectors moving amongst the ruins, scavenging for bits and pieces. “So, what do you, Valya? Do we go and take a look, or play it safe and risk losing our chance?"
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Val was actively engaged a pleasant day dream in which Sin had rattled up to the Dragon in his carriage to take her to a fancy ball, making everyone else unbearably jealous. Then Ketch and Corbin showed up to tell her how pretty she was. Because, of course, she had worn her most fetching blue frock and everyone wanted to dance with her. Plus, there were little cakes. Mmmm.

“What? Oh. Um.” Valya looked from one man to the other, not wanting her answer to offend either one. Had she been a touch more self reflective she might have seen the irony in the situation. Here was the classic Achadhiel quandary, neatly encapsulated in one question. On the one hand, she had the stately Adhiel espousing a wait-and-see policy. On the other, the roguish Human thinking they ought to go-and-look. Or she could see it as the class battle that raged in her own subconscious. How could she choose between the avatar of wealth and nobility whom she desperately wished to impress or the seemingly common man she automatically associated with the affection and care of her household servants? Luckily Valya was not inclined to self inspection. “Well,” she drawled, “It sounds like Mr. Ketch has the right of it. If we don’t go now any clues we may find would be all mucked up by other people passing through.” She tapped her chin with a fingertip. Yes, that sounded right.

Valya cast a sweetly imploring look at Sin, complete with softly drawn browns and a slight pout to her lips. Her look did little to mask the desperate calculation in her dark eyes. “What do you think, Mr. Ambassador? If you don’t go with us you still might…I mean, you will allow me to call on you? You see, I’ve always dreamed of learning magic and you so generously…” She trailed off in a veritable agony of gentle embarrassment and feminine distress, as she had so often seen her mother do when she wanted something. At least the distress was real enough. She shrewdly figured that with the University gone Sin was her best hope and yet he might decide he wanted nothing more to do with her because she had agreed with Ketch.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith sighed... he was damned if he didn't go and damned if he went, particularly if there was anything down there that they would set off. Putting his hands on his hips and tapping his foot, he assessed the situation and tried to think of a proper solution. If he didn't somehow prevent whatever was down there to reach the black market, he would have a tougher time retrieving them.

[Human]

"... Let us make a deal. I own stock in Hadvin's Oddities. Whatever you find here, you sell to him. He is tough but fair. If you do find anything down there you wish to make a profit on, I at least want them collected in a place where the University may retrieve it. Consider the profit your "collection fee". In the meantime, I personally want first rights to any books or anything of great knowledge. Trinkets are yours, but please allow me to sense anything down there which could potentially magical. I do not need anyone turning into a rabbit... or worse."

With that, he turned to Thierian with a sigh, obviously not wanting to go down there. He spoke quietly to him in Adhiel.

[Adhiel]

"The last thing we need are these fools causing an explosion or unsealing another demon by accident. Inform our coachmen to send a message to the Embassy to bring about three extra guards to this area to follow us in the case things get too risky. If we are not out of here by the time they arrive, then we will truly be in danger."

Turning to his new... "friends", S'sinith spoke to them both.

[Human]

"I must leave word at the Embassy that I will be briefly away. The Queen's guards are most protective of me, and the coachman can leave a message. In the meantime, madam, we will speak on it after our little adventure. My focus must be at the job at hand."
Last edited by Ssinith DIllil on Wed May 07, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

Thierian looked at Ambassador as orders were issued and left without a pause, running to the coach and pausing to pass the orders to the driver before running back. He had not been gone for more than half a burn altogether, and the coach was already rumbling over the cobbles and disappearing into the distance by the time he returned. “So, you want me to sell my share of the loot to Hadvin? Stuff I don’t keep goes to him then, mister. Or you if you wish, but we share the rest of the l…… stuff equally. We all pitch in and do our best and we all earn equal share. Deal?” He did not want to later go into discussion who was in greater danger and who deserved a bigger cut. “We draw straws when we come back and every person picks an item, before the first gets to choose again. If we can split something up, then we do it, and if we can assess the value of an item others get to choose something of equal value. I got no interest in books, but if books are all we find, I expect you to recompense both of us for their value.” It was no longer a negotiation, but hammering down of terms and Ketch doubted an Ambassador even if he was a dark adhiel would cheat him out of his share. He was still keeping an eye on the bodyguard, as Thierian did not seem harmless at all.

With that out of the way, the young thief rubbed his hands together and grinned impishly. “Alright then, lets get cracking.” From somewhere within his jacket he drew a piece of a rope, and kept drawing it out until almost fifty feet of fine silk rope rested on the cobbles. Next out was a steel spike and after a quick glance he picked a piece of rock as well, tucking it in the pocket before leaning down to collect the rope. “Any ideas where we should descend? This place seems as good as any, but if you want we can look for stairs and go down that way, though it is likely some of the other scroungers already did that.”
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

S'sinith chuckled a little to himself. He shook his head and looked to the sky, knowing this was not going to be pleasant. Though a thought did come to mind for him, as this man might be a good contact for other things. He had confidence as well as a knack for natural leadership. Even though S'sinith was frustrated at having to do this, his eyes reflected a respect for the thief. He knew his way around things, and S'sinith nodded in his direction.

[Human]

"And if we sense anything over our heads, we leave immediately. I am good, but I am no Archmage. If there is nothing but books, I will put you in contact with Gulanadur's merchant families. The Elamshin would respect a man like you. Now, then..."

He walked a little closer to the hole and breathed to relax himself while centering himself with the energies around him. He tried to open his mind to the symphony of energies around him, knowing that the water energies with the overcast sky would start forming. If he could see what earth energies were denser than others, they may find a better foothold.

[Human]

"I'll look at the energy around this place to find a good place to walk. This should only take a moment... and I might be able to sense other overwhelming powers around the place."

~S'sinith

NOMINATION
Valya Nix
Civus

Post by Valya Nix »

Val watched Sin talk to his guard in Adheil, a puzzled look on her face. Why would he switch languages? It was almost like he didn’t want them to know what he was saying. She stuck her fists on her hips, jutting out her chin. She felt her face growing hot as a tart reply leapt to her lips. Valya bit down sharply to stifle it, clicking her teeth together. Best not to push things any further. Anyway, guards were a good idea and demons…not so much.

Valya paid little attention to their discussion of terms, growing more and more impatient. She tucked her skirts up into her belt to make it easier to climb, revealing stocking clad calves and ankles. She wandered to the edge of the hole and knelt down a few feet away from Sin, she glanced at him curiously. Then she picked up a pebble and tossed down listening for the impact.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

OOC: Going to push things along. If you think I went too far poke me and I will make an edit.

“Elamshin, eh?” Ketch memorized the name, always happy to learn new facts and meet interesting people, and something told the rogue these Elamshin people were interesting and all sorts of fun for a guy like him. “Yeah, yeah, we’ll be all sorts of careful. Just make sure you step carefully and we’ll be fine.” He did not quite believe it, but where was fun in only doing what was safe and reasonable? It was much better this way. Then came the distraction in the form of Valya’s preparation for descent and Ketch took a good look of her stockings, flashing the girl an impish grin along with a wink. He actually laughed out loud when the girl tossed a pebble down the hole, the stone bouncing off the stone somewhere bellow a after a flicker or so.

Sssinith found that while the University may have been shifted, its wards were still in place and it made his task difficult though not impossible. As it would turn out the spot they stood upon was the perfect location for descent, a ragged piece of rock rising from the depth, its tip flattened under them to make the flat surface upon which the cobbles lay. Ketch would only need to dig out a cobble and use it to hammer the spike into the rock bellow, and they would have a perfectly secure spot to tie the rope around. Ketch went and did exactly that, tugging the rope sharply to make sure it was firmly secured.

“I’ll go first.” He turned towards Ssinith hovering on the edge, ready to slip over it and into darkness bellow. “Try and magick around some light. It’s gonna be dark in there.” The Ambassador’s investigation into the energies swirling about the place was hardly going to be successful, though near the middle of the now empty field something emanated so much energy that he was able to see it even through the ward. Unfortunately the passage they would find themselves in was perpendicular to the direction they would need to take to reach that spot. Of course Ketch was there to assist Valya with her descent, accidentally taking a peek under her skirt, merely out of curiosity as to high high her stockings reached.
Ssinith DIllil
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Ssinith DIllil »

[Human]

"There are magical wards still intact around this area, and a giant mass of energy near the center of this place. I will make light once we safely have footing. I must conserve my energy in the case I will need to shield you from the magic wards."

He took the rope in his hands, and clutched it tightly, recalling how to climb trees from his time in the war. Taking a deep breath, and hoped no fool would cut the rope while they were investigating down here. He knew that if they stayed too long, the rain would make climbing out much harder, so he hoped they would find what they needed and leave.

~S'sinith

NOMINATION

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”