[Dort] And The Nether Came With Her... (ET 27th Barracks)

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Adanedhel
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Adanedhel »

Löch cursed as Bernice stepped out of line, seemingly not keeping her cool. As Amber darted over to the other open side of the formation, she could see the tall man clenching his teeth, his piercing eyes looking menacingly at her. As fast as Amber moved, the commander moved over to take her place. "Hold it! Hold it!" he shouted to his men.

The pointman of the V shaped formation moved quick and got his crossbow up. Thwockkkk! One of the chain bearing men fell backwards as he was hit square in the chest. Another one, that came directly at Bernice, got hit right on his knees by the halberd. They could hear bone shattering and the man cried out in pain as he fell down. The blow to his knee slowed the halberd too much and a chain wound around as it's wielder tried to pull it away. The last one headed for Löch, trying to get a shot at the officer. "For glory!" Löch shouted as he swung his hammer of war and hit the thug in an upward angle in the jaw. Blood splattered everywhere as well as teeth, and the man sagged down to his knees before falling over.

Amber was able to dart towards the man who took the blow to his knee and, without much difficulty, plunged a knife in his neck, hitting an artery. The blood that initially came out of it stained the tabard she wore as the mans face contorted and his eyes looking pleadingly at her.

There was hesitation in the group, but they moved forward nonetheless, knowing that it was now or never. They advanced on the soldiers, their number larger than that of the law enforcers. An older man, late thirties, carrying a mace advanced on Amber, while a teenager carrying a club with nails driven through it's head ran at full speed at Bernice, whose halberd was still caught in the chain.

From the corner of her eye, the guardswoman could see a door opening and the familiar appearance of Jon stood in it's frame. His look one of fear. "Daddy! Nooooooooo!" the young child shouted as he ran towards the fight.

The formation loosened and the soldiers moved forward to meet the Waterstreets.
Last edited by Adanedhel on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Something wicked your way comes...

Posting rate: 2/week

Special:
[b]OOECP[/b] - [i]Grant[/i]ed by Maeve & Sosa
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

Bernice had no experience with formations, nor with proper ways to handle a clusterfrag like this. Blood was flying and there was no way in hell she was going to let these idiots get a hold of her halberd. Part of her knew she had made a mistake, but she had hoped they would have fallen into the rest of the crowd.

And then the worst noise she could have ever heard erupted from the fray. Her helmet was on as she shouted in Jon's direction.

"STAY BACK!"

She was distracted long enough to barely catch the teen rushing at her. In a panic, she tightened her grip on her halberd and pulled hard, hoping to drag the one holding on with the chain into the way of the teen who was charging in. The step back would be able to put her back into the formation.

Gods... why did Jon have to be here? No. She had to stay focused, or else she would die in this mess.
Last edited by Bernice Potts on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber was no stranger to battle and death, but the spray of hot blood that caught her across the face as her knife buried itself into the man's throat briefly startled her, and she gasped. She blinked quickly, trying to clear her eyes, and when she did, she saw the man rushing at her with the mace.

She was still ahead of the formation, and she knew that if she was going to be of any use, she'd have to stay ahead of it.

She heard the cry of the child and saw him running toward them out of the corner of her eye, but there was nothing she could do at the moment from where she was. Not with this man rushing her. She rolled forward to meet her attacker, planning to come up right against him, inside his defense where she could stab him at will while he tried to stumble backward to employ his mace.
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

The guy with the mace came storming at Amber, swing it violently as he got close to her. The stone head connected hard with her body, just above her hip. He was getting ready for another attack, swinging the mace backwards again.

Bernice meanwhile tried to pull forth the guy that held her halberd locked in his chain. She gave a good hard tug that surprised the kid, who, unaware of what was happening in the chaos fell forward, face first into the dirt. He was already trying to get up again, determined to take Bernice down once and forever.

Jon, who had heard Bernice's shout, ran straight into the fray towards her, darting between the legs of the fighting men, dodging a weapon here and there.

Löch was having a hard time facing their leader and one of his goons. In these close quarters, with his own men behind him, Löch now couldn't make a full swing and the hammer hit the leader of the thugs to the side of his face. He took the hit, but barely, staggering back for a moment, the raw surface of the warhammer making bloody scratches all over the left side of the young man's face.

A soldier missed his attack on one of the Waterstreets and the whole fight now became a chaos of interconnecting and swinging weapons as well dodging men.

The man that Bernice had pulled to the ground, swiftly was on his feet again, lashing the chain out towards her. He used it as a whip and the end of it missed her face by inches. A spiked club hit one of the soldiers straight in the abdomen, piercing through his armor. As the gang member pulled the club free from it's target, blood dripped from the nails. Their leader's "bodyguard" landed a blow on Löch's weapon arm and the Sunfire winced but got to grips again before he let go of his hammer. His eyes were like fire now, his teeth clenched against the pain of the blow.

Special:
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

"Damnit, Jon!" She yelled.

She lost sight of him and barely missed the whip to her face, noticing the kid who was charging with the club had hit one of the other soldiers. It seemed the leader and Loch were going at it, but she had her own problems. This bloke with the chain was no rookie and she didn't have a lot of room to swing in this cluster.

Judging how much room there was, she had jabbing room and overhead room, but nothing for the sides. She appeared to be waiting to make an overhead blow on him the next time he swung, but would actually shift her grip and arc the bottom upwards to hit in between the idiots legs. It would leave her a little open, but it would give her some breathing space.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber yelped in pain as the mace slammed into her, and she realized that she had come up too short. She was still in her enemy's striking zone, and still just a bit too far out for her knives to make a good strike of their own. She gasped again as pain lanced through her side, but she knew that to give up now would mean the next blow could kill her.

She lunged forward again, favoring her wounded side, and darted her right hand and blade in toward the man's abdomen, while her left hand and blade swung up to try to slice at his attacking arm and wrist.

(OOC: Sorry about the delay in my post. My ship is currently in operations, and my e-mail was cut off. :wink: )
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

The guy attacking Amber didn't anticipate this counter from her. Her right hand found it's mark somewhere in a good fleshy part by the feel of it. Out of the corner of her eyes she could already see the blood staining his clothes. With the other she managed to slice his arm indeed, alas, the cut was neither deep nor close to his artery. This man didn't look happy as he lost the grip of his club, instinctively bringing his hands to the spot where the dagger had plunged into his body.

Bernice's strike with the shaft of her halberd hit home and the pain was visible in his face. He didn't move at all, giving her every opportunity to aim her next attack. There was fighting on either side, but it being dynamic, there opened a space allowing for a swing.

Meanwhile, both the soldiers as the gangmembers were taking hits here and there. Some parried each others blows, others exchanged hits. A lot were wounded, albeit superficially, but there were a few that had severe wounds, among the chaotic inhabitants of the Knot as well as among the soldiers. Both kept the fight going though, tough as they were.

Special:
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber didn't waste time evaluating the effectiveness of her attack. As soon as she knew that her opponent had lost his weapon, she brought her second blade around and rammed it into his chest as hard as she could. Then she pulled her blades out and started to fall back, aware that her back was vulnerable while she was occupied with this man.
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

If Loch went down, the unit would be in trouble. Not that she doubted the old buzzard's skill, but she had to find the leader in this clusterfuck. Looking to Loch, her face twisted in rage, not knowing which one was the leader and who was the bodyguard, so she picked on the one who wasn't directly attacking him so he couldn't join in on the fun while Loch could concentrate on one at a time.

"Get off my Commander, you prick!"

Her voice was much more controlled now, but still commanding as she took her swing to the side. She had a thing for kneecaps and was about to aim for the legs on her quarry smashing the side of his leg then using the axe part of her halberd to hook and trip
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Screams of victory, pain and agony arose from the throats of both the gangmembers as well as the soldiers. They were very capable fighters, helping each other where they could, while holding off their own opponents at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~

The dagger penetrated the chest hard and deep, close to where the heart should be. Within moments the Dortenese farm girl could see blood coming out of his mouth. Disbelief in his eyes as the man knew there was nothing he could do now.

As Amber backed away she was able to get a better view on the field. It didn't look pretty, but the numbers of gangmembers were diminishing by the second. Only one soldier was down so far, yet alive from the looks of it. There were a few soldiers who could use some help fending off their opponent.

~~~~~~~~~~

As Bernice headed towards Loch, Jon darted another way, towards a soldier fighting a man in his early thirties from the looks of it. Her halberd didn't hit the knee of the person she attacked. Instead it found a lower leg, knocking it from under him, toppling the man over just as Loch got his sword and mace, blocking yet another attack from the "bodyguard".

She could see the soldier that Jon was approaching turning his head swiftly as the child neared him. Would he hurt, or even kill, an innocent child? It was now that she had to make a choice, help the commander, or help Jon.

OOC: I'll be wrapping this thread up soon. Expect one more mod post, and then time to make a last post for you. I will then summarize for the rest of the night. :)
Last edited by Adanedhel on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Special:
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

Loch could handle himself, Jon couldn't.

There was no doubt in her mind what to do. She dropped the Halberd right under the feet of the 'bodyguard' hammering Loch and lunged forward for Jon as the soldier's instincts went into gear and aimed for him. She knew a halberd was awkward and in this cluster, it wouldn't be lifted quickly enough to do much than defend, plus she hoped where she placed it, the idiot attacking Loch would trip over it.

"Child!" she shouted.

She knew where her armor was and hoped the blow would skewer her shoulder should he attack. She prayed would be able to grab the child and keep him out of the fight. Hopefully the soldier would be able to react to the shout and keep his focus to the fight in front of him. Her prayer was mental as the near slow motion of the tackle suspended for a split second.

'Ope you got one more fer me, god of justice! I'll take the hit, just keep em' safe! Please!
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber spent only a brief second ensuring that her opponent would be out of the fight. She knew she couldn't spend any longer, or else she'd risk becoming a target of opportunity herself. She back away and surveyed the field quickly. It looked like her side was winning. But it wasn't over yet. she knew from experience that things could still get ugly in the last moment of a fight, especially if the enemy realized they were losing and became insanely desperate.

Her eyes fell on the nearest soldier who looked like he was having trouble, and she charged in from a different angle, hoping to catch his opponent off guard and take him down fast.
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

It was quite clear that this man would not see the sun rise. Amber found the gangmember she was charging lifting his sword with two hands overhead, exposing his sides completely. He was focused on the soldier in front of him, not giving any thought to the damsel charging up to him.

As Bernice shouted, the man that was battling the soldier suddenly shouted "JON! NOOOOOOOO!!!!". The soldier, hearing the man, instinctively sensed a lower guard on the man and his sword struck home as he turned back to his fight. It pierced right through the upper leg of the man and blood started to trickle from the wound as he looked in disbelief at his opponent. Jon, meanwhile, rushed forward, wrapping his arms around the man's neck, "No! Father! Don't die! You cannot die!" Bernice could hear coming from the little boy. The pain and cutting of an artery made him weak and he seemed to fade out quickly.

A deep roar could be heard coming from the Commander. The eagle visible on his chest as the mace was raised high into the air. He pulled it down with such force that all could hear the skull of the gang's leader crack and the body was pushed down by Löch's strength. His bodyguard was the first to flee the scene as did several others. A handful was still fighting, not having noticed what was going on.

(OOC: one more post and I'll wrap this thread up.)
Last edited by Adanedhel on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Special:
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber recognized the opening her opponent was giving her, and she took it without hesitation. The last few steps, she put on as much speed as she could and drove both blades in toward his side as she hit him. Of course, she was probably much lighter than he was, so she had no intention of actually tackling him. As soon as she hit, she would roll away toward his back, and if her blades struck home as she hoped, she would pull them out as she went.

It was designed to be a lightning strike, in quick and out just as fast. Even if the gangmember somehow managed to be only slightly wounded from the attack, hopefully Amber would have put enough distance between her and him to be out of reach of any immediate counterstrike he could muster.
Bernice Potts
Civus

Post by Bernice Potts »

((According to the recess, Jon's father actually survives with brutal wounds))

Bernice swore under her breath and clutched on to Jon's father. Tears rolled down her face in both sadness and anger, checking where the sword hit and if there was a chance he might make it.

"Now do ye see why I tried to stop this crap?" Bernice cried in anger at Jon and his father. "Lives lost for bullshit like territory and pride... I joined the guard to stop this shit. Gods help me... gods up us, all of us!"

Bernice was crying in the middle of her holding Jon's father.

"And you, ya lummox... you croak on me an leave im' an orphan, damn ye to the Nether. Hold on, dumbass!"

She ripped her pant leg from the inside of her armor to try and put a compress on him as much as she could. She didn't know a damn thing about bandaging wounds.

"Jon, you know those herbs I gave you for your 'mother'? If you got 'em, get them out now."

She tied her ripped pant leg extra tight with a hard knot to shoot some pain into Jon's father and keep him awake. If he was fading in and out, she would backhand him hard to keep him around.

"Your ass is going to jail, and when you get out, yer gonna raise yer son right, fucker! I don't care how hard yer life is! Nobody leaves their son in rags ta go out and steal! You could 'ave went quietly and not risked makin' 'im cry you dumbshit!"

Trying to keep her head together, she shook her head at the situation and looked to the sky. She wasn't panicking, but boy was she pissed. Everything she tried to do to make Jon's family right was going straight to the Nether.

"Alright, you! You answered me once before! He don't have to be in perfect health, just pull his ass through! He's gonna fuckin' live to learn! He's gotta son to raise! Pull this off for me and I'll take you seriously! I don't know yer name, but I don't know what the fuck I'm doing!"
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

Once again, the blades struck home, only deflected by his armour slightly. It wouldn't be deadly, nor was the wound deep, but Amber had certainly hit him well enough to scare his wits. Her roll, however, wasn't all that comfortable on the cobblestones. She was on her back, and her luck was that he tried to limp away from the group, grasping for his side to stop losing blood.

The soldier moved away to the next target quickly, driving the gangmembers away. A few soldiers tended their own wounded, others were checking gang members, trying to patch them up where they could, and if it seemed not possible at all, giving them a mercy blow, relieving them of the pain... and the world.

Jon ran off at the notion of herbs, back towards his home. Meanwhile, Löch had joined Bernice. He took the belt from Jon's father and placed it around the leg, above the wound, closing it tight, cutting into the flesh. "Bandage the wound. He'll be fine. One of my men is already calling in for carts to transport the fallen." his words were commands rather than directions.

"Amber! Report in!" he said, and stayed with Bernice, waiting for Amber. When the girl had joined, he commended upon their bravery during the battle. They would hear more of it, but he could exactly tell when yet. "Take some rest and we'll see what's to be done tomorrow morning." Those words said, he slung his mace and hammer over his shoulders, walking back the way they came, towards the docks, towards safety.

OOC: Fin?

Special:
Adanedhel

Post by Adanedhel »

OOC: Locked for skilling. When I get back from my holiday that is.

Special:

Return to “Triangle Islands”