Aveas/PI write-up

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Morg

Aveas/PI write-up

Post by Morg »

The wiki write-up on Aveas is rather out of date. The Aveas article is about the colony rather than the island itself, and the Pan's Isle article is largely written from a pre-War of the One perspective. I suggest we redirect the Pan's Isle article to Aveas, create a new article for Aveas (town), and create a History of Aveas article in which we explain what happened and why. However, for that we need an up-to-date write-up on Aveas, which I can't really do on my own, since I don't know the area well enough. Here's the text from the Pan's Isle wiki page:

{{outofdate}}
==Population==
70% [[Adhiel]], 12% [[Centaurs]], 10% [[Human]], 7% [[Achadhiel]], 1% Other

==Religion==
As the name implies, the Isle is devoted to the worship of [[Pan]] almost exclusively. While other religions are not officially prohibited, the joyous and sensual worship of Pan leaves very few to listen to any would-be missionaries. There is the occasional shrine honoring the [[Mother]] and [[Father]], as befitting Pan's parents.

The worship of Pan is split into three varieties. [[Pan's Joy]] focuses on physical pleasure and losing yourself in an ecstasy of sensations. [[Pan's Art]] focuses on spiritual pleasure and losing yourself in the rapture of creation. [[Pan's Blood]] focuses on the lust for battle and losing yourself in the rage of destruction. Most on the Isle are worshippers of Pan's Joy first and foremost, followed by Art. Very few worship Pan's Blood. Bear in mind that these divisions are artificial. A true worshipper of Pan will worship at all three alters at some point in their life. Most worship of Pan is a casual affair, though there are grand rituals in the Temple or out on the greenswards.

==Languages==
The primary language on Pan's Isle is [[adhiel]]. Those in and around the main port also speak human. The ability to speak human becomes less and less common the farther you are from the main trade centres.

==Climate==
Pan's Isle has a very mild climate with warm, comfortable temperatures all the year round. There is a rainy season for three months out of the [[yahren]]. On the whole, Pan's Isle is lush with life from the deep forests to the fragrant meadows.

==Culture==
Pan's Isle is a hedonistic society where the main rule is, "Harm no one, do as thou wilt." Nominally, the Isle is ruled by Pan's Daughter, the High Priestess [[Eilish]]. Practically, very little governing is done and the island functions in a state of controlled chaos. The main exceptions to this are the border patrols, who are focused on defending against intruders, and the dock patrols, which ensure collection of taxes and tarriffs. When a legal matter arises, a Priest of Pan or the Bowmaster is called in to rule on the matter.

Pan's Isle is largely devoted to the pursuit of pleasure. What industry exists on the Isle is devoted to making things for pleasure, such as beer, wine, smokables, musical instruments and the like. Musicians and poets thrive here, as do dancers, painters and indeed artists of any type. Those of skill are as respected as any priest.

==Imports==
Stone, Finished stone goods, Fine liquors, Finished metal works.

==Exports==
Smokables, Fine liquors, Fruit, Seafood.

==City Leaders==
Previously High-Priestess [[Eilish]], currently no one.

==Allies==
The [[Empire of Seven Isles]].

==Enemies==
Oneists.

==Military==
Archer militias, [[Pan's Blood|Blood]] skirmishers, [[Centaurs]]

==Special Interest==
Oneist/Panling conflict, Diplomacy, Warmongering

[[Category:Isles]]
[[Category:Empire of Seven Isles]]
[[Category:Aveas]]
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Avatar by [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Liz Green[/url][/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

I've done some work on updating this and making the information more accessible to new players. What's still needed are new Population, Religion and Culture sections. Also, it would be great if someone could take a look at my History of Aveas article to check that it is correct, concise and readable.
[size=84][i]"She told me I had too much to dream last night..."[/i] - [i]Apprentice of the Universe[/i], Pure Reason Revolution
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The article is good. There are two glaring omissions though. You left out the founding of Fort Dusk and Seinor. As they are two of the three major population centers on the isle, they should be mentioned at least.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Morg

Post by Morg »

Thanks for the feedback. I've added a little bit of both and also something about Ursa. Feel free to fix or expand upon anything I've said. :)

Return to “Aveas Archive”