Oh Random! Oh Chance! (Jygust 30th, TT, 3rd Mark)

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Oh Random! Oh Chance! (Jygust 30th, TT, 3rd Mark)

Post by Aerin Penna Seleratus »

Located on the Inner Ring of the Citadel, it is one of the few known temples of the infamous god, Pan, blossoming in the tolerance that used to be so typical of the capital. Though there are altars for the sects of Pan's Blood and Pan's Arts this temple is mainly devoted to Pan's Joy: the wild enjoyment of drink, sex and music to the abandonment of everything else. And surely it’s no coincidence that this temple is located right between the former Rose Guild and the Bardic College. The sounds of revelry have died out with the raids in the town, a sudden silence that seems almost eerie.

The whiter than white marble columns are invitingly covered by green vines, almost pulling the visitor inside. The entrance of the temple is formed by a set of large marble stairs that give a sense of awe, but the creeping plants manage to give the atmosphere something intimate at the same time. The great redwood doors stand open to welcome all who wish to worship the Threefold God.

Entering the sanctuary and crossing the marble floor accented with inlaid lines of black mica, one quickly realizes that the vast chamber is divided into three areas, each containing an altar to an aspect of the deity. Huge columns rise up to the vaulted ceiling, each entwined with lush vines, giving the sanctuary a feeling reminiscent of a garden.

Acolytes are present to greet visitors, dressed in loose robes.

Her classes done for the day, Aerin went for a walk, looking to kill a little time between her classes and her shift at Simple Pleasures. Cicero, like his owner, was subjected to the sights and sounds of Citadel in the summer as he rode upon her shoulder, Aerin’s plans for the tide including returning him to Thalas before work as there were very few customers, she imagined, who would relish the thought of their food or drink being pawed by a furry little hand before service.

Along the way, she got to thinking – of all things – about religion. Aerin was, due to her father’s insistence, a Oneist but, as the events from the time that she had left the house to the erotic near-assassination of Wrinkles had shown, many people…herself included…labeled her as more of a Panling. But who was Pan? Why did his followers engage in wild orgies of delight? What did Pan actually do? Why was Pan worthy of worship?

Jade eyes narrowed upon the outer face of Pan’s Temple as she rested on a small bit of rubble outside of the old Red Rose Guild. She had a choice to make. Either she lived in ignorance about a question that had been on her mind as of late or she would find out the answers. Aerin knew that she did not have to actually join the religion/cult/what have you, but her first class of the morning had shown her that conversations borne from ignorance were the best way to start arguments.

Besides…, she told herself as she rose and walked up the temple steps. You might just like it – any religion which fucks instead of fights can’t be all that bad, can it? Ignoring the alters for a flicker, she approached an acolyte with a smile. "Namaste...hello...", she greeted, keeping Ashari's lessons well in mind about etiquette and conversation. "Do you have a burn or two to answer some questions?" she asked.

OOC: I would like Aerin to have an audience with Fia, but that cannot happen until Fia passes recess, so please feel free to toss an NPC my way to stall. Thanks.
Last edited by Aerin Penna Seleratus on Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Avatar by Draconis (Found and resized by Paige)
http://drakonis.org
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Post by Fialessa Valenstri »

After lunching with Ashari, Fialessa made her way back to the temple with mounting trepidation. Though it depressed her endlessly to feel such dread when entering Pan's house, her home, the temple she'd come to love. She had begun to feel a little outside of the workings of the temple...

Entering the temple she thought perhaps to find Naomi or Noland for a bit of a chat, she still felt comfortable around them... more so than some of the more recent additions to the regular faithful. She stood uncertain for a burn or two before noticing another red-head in the main entry way. The downtrodden priestess pulled a friendly nod out for the unknown red-head...
[i][color=black][size=84]There is a fine line between coincidence and fate...

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

The end, nearest her hairline, of her left eyebrow danced in a hint of thought as Aerin noted the look of sadness in the woman's eyes as the nod was delivered. Being ever the optimist, Aerin returned the nod and glanced around the immediate area for morners or a coffin or such before addressing the priestess. "Hello - my name is Aerin Seleratus and I was looking to talk to someone about Pan...have I come at a bad time?" she asked, clasping her hands together in front of her as she bit her lower lip and awaited a response.

She had heard talk of "Pan's Joy" and been called a Panling for her permiscuous ways, but Fialessa's downtrodden mood maid the young Rocky Isle Guild student wonder for a flicker or two if she had not wandered into the wrong temple on accident, for Fialessa's face looked joyless and lacking the freshly post-coital glow that Aerin had been expecting.
”The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” – Nietzsche

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

“Greetings Aerin, welcome to Pan's house” the youthful priestess pulled herself out of her funk and even a hint of a smile touched her lips and eyes as she envisioned Pan. While she herself might feel adrift in her faith, far be it from her to shirk an opportunity to speak with others about the deity she loved, “It's never a bad time to speak of Pan... Come shall we visit the altar of art?” Fialessa led the way, “What questions do you have, how can I assist you?”

[url=http://hito76.deviantart.com/]Avatar is 'Karelle' from the drawing Intimite by Hito, used with permission.[/url][/size][/color][/i]
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Aerin followed, satisfied that she had not been mistaken and admiring the other woman for her ability to pull on a smiling mask despite it all. Never that great at wording and tact, especially in situations like these, Aerin tried her best to convey questions and concerns. "Well...", she began, pausing to take in a flicker or two of preparation. "To be honest, the only contact I have had with Pan so far has been one instance in an orgy..." Aerin gave another pause and shot a look at Fialessa, wondering what the woman's reaction would be. "...and playing the pipes this morningtide." To ensure that her wording was not a euphanism, Aerin reached into her bag, withdrew the loaned pipes, and put them back rapidly.

"I am not sure if you are familiar with the Red Rose Guild...", she continued, a visual of her palm clapping against her forehead filling her thoughts as her inner voice said '...that was right...the...fuck...next...to...you...' "...but on the night that it burned down, I had broken my hand and was trying to rouse help for Mistress Ashari to save the building and Aeris. Well, the only way that I could think to do that, fight the revelry with a broken hand, was to expose my body in an effort to gain attention." Aerin gave another pause in her ramblings to let Fialessa get a facial expression in edgewise...possibly even a word or two...before continuing.

"The reason I mention this is the guards called me a Panling and pointed over here - and it is not the first time I have been called that..." Aerin gave a little shrug and continued her offering of honesty. "My father raised me to follow Dominicus but I do not wish to - however, if me being me makes people think that I serve and worship Pan, maybe....does Pan 'call' people to service?"

The redhead gave a good long pause this time, awaiting Fialessa's reply and hoping to Nether that it would involve neither anger at accidental blasphemies nor mocking laughter as Fialessa pointed her toward the door.

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

To say she was overwhelmed all at once by Aerin's chatter would have been an understatement. Still she did seem to be able to follow it. Seemed quite a mix of confusion, stereotype and curiosity. Fia mostly nodded and kept herself from showing any sort of reaction at all...

Finally when Aerin finished her verbal spew, Fia gazed at her placidly and motioned for her to sit. “Aerin... well truth be told if you had say, run into another Panling this tide you might be in for a very different viewpoint...” She mentally imagined Eilish's current behaviours as fitting in perfectly with everything Aerin had described. “But as you have found me, well perhaps I can explain my way...”

Fia took a breath, “Oftentimes when one is referred to as a Panling – especially by non-Panlings it is generally meant to be either insulting or derisive. Stereotypically Panlings are seen as little more than orgiastic arm candy... Unfortunately not everyone in the church finds this to be counter productive to our purpose... there is in fact more to a Panling than sex. The three paths are Art, Blood and Joy.”

The red-headed adhiel paused to see if Aerin was following. “We are in currently beside the Altar of Art, sacred to Pan are the pipes, which apparently you have discovered... in fact all music and dance really...”

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

"Art...Blood...and Joy..." Aerin repeated, genuinely intrigued by the lesson despite the fleeting visual of the girl she had butchered in Murrelbuck which, at the time, had encompassed all three paths at once - for her at least. "You're right... It's not Art, Blood, Joy, and Sex, so I can see how that would be an insult. Do people have to choose a path, or do they walk all three at different times? And how do you know what path to follow? I have only had a few marks of practice with the pipes so I am not sure if that would be my calling - I'm sure Mister Motley would be a better judge as my teacher at the Rocky Isle..." she said, mulling it over.

"I can guess about the Joy, but what is the Blood about?" she asked with an odd smile. That particular path certainly seemed out of place in the set.

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

“Indeed not sex... Passion mayhaps as the three are all a part of that... All too often sex is confused with Joy. In all honesty Joy is so much more than mere sex could ever be.” But then Joy did not seem to be Fialessa's forte...

Thoughtfulness slipped across the Panling's visage. “Well some are drawn more to one path over others. But I think to truly understand the faith is to enrich the three aspects within yourself.” Smiling genuinely, Fia took out her own pipes reverently... “I myself am mostly self taught, I wonder what your Mister Motley would make of my playing...”

“Hmm well I would be the last to truly explain the Blood to you, Art being somewhat primary for me, but...” Fialessa drew a breath as her fingers fiddled with the pipes. “Blood is that which pumps through our hearts giving us life. It boils when we love or hate fiercely. It is essentially what makes us able to fight for what we believe in. Does that make sense?”
Last edited by Fialessa Valenstri on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

"Yes... it makes perfect sense. I can see how they intertwine as well, I think...beautiful lovemaking is an art...boils the blood with passion...and brings more joy than a..." once again, Aerin felt tact elude her grasp as she relaxingly continued "...quick bang with a stranger..." After mentioning this thought, she immediately looked to change subject, realizing that she was still making stereotypical comments.

"Music as well...when Mister Motley played the pipes in class, they made me want to sing, dance, love... There were no words in his song, but still - the melody moved me." She nodded at Fialessa's pipes. "He is one of our instructors at the Rocky Isle Guild - I could ask Mistress Ashari if you could be a guest at one of our music classes or perhaps I could persuade Mister Motley to accompany me back here becaue...all misconceptions that I have aside...what you have told me so far makes me really interested in learning more about Pan..."

Aerin took a flicker to ponder her next thought carefully. "As I said, my father practically shoved the One down my throat - the taste of all religion soured on my tongue as a result - but I must ask...besides the orgies, how does one go about worshiping Pan? Is it prayers, sacrifices, or what?" she asked, looking about at the Alter of Art.

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Fialessa actually laughed. “Please understand Panlings are rather free spirited... And many of us enjoy sex, some of us however do not confuse sex with Joy and don't use the Joy as an excuse to have as much sex as possible...” If Aerin could sense a note of frustration in that, well so be it. “The body itself is a beautiful and reverent thing, appreciation of it is not wrong...”

“I am actually quite aware of the Rocky Isle Guild, I have earlier this tide had lunch with your Guild Mistress to discuss some instruction there.” her amber coloured eyes sparkled somewhat. “Music does not need lyric to move someone... sometimes all one needs is the proper arrangement of notes played skillfully, but really it is the emotion poured into the song by the player.”

“I think I was luckier than you, granted I was raised a Panling, both of my parents are of the faith. And many of the friends I had on the Isle were as well... Of course the world changes.” Fia let her gaze encompass the Altar... she remembered it in its deathlike state. “How does one truly worship any god? It is simply belief. Sure there are rites that showcase one's love for their deity, but circumstance as much as the song, sex or smiting ... it is easy to confuse sex for the Joy. As I said – it is more than just simply sex or an orgy...”

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

"Oh what a relief!" Aerin sighed, a small part of her imagining that worship of Pan would be just as rigid and dogmatic as the Oneist faith. Upon hearing about Ashari's meeting with Fialessa, the redhead brightened more - it was almost like sneaking a peek at a gift before it was presented, a small giggle accompanying the smile soon after. "The Mistress must not have talked much about me then, I take it, as your initial reaction to my name was not 'Oh...so you're the one...'." Aerin took a flicker's pause and continued. "I will not ask what you would be teaching, as I like some surprise, but I would like to hear more about the non-orgy part of Pan worship... What other kinds of rituals are there?"

Her attention focused on the Art altar, her thoughts on Ashari's...condition... Aerin's lingering agnosticism aside, she wanted to do everything in her power to make sure that the two of them had a good start in their life together as mother and child and if that meant believing in a force greater than herself for more than selfish reasons than just personal faith and guidance, then so be it. Birth is Art...Blood...and Joy..., isn't it?, she silently asked 'Pan'. ...and I want this baby to experience all three, all through life...Ashari as well...
Last edited by Aerin Penna Seleratus on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Smiling again... “Pan like any deity needs the love and belief of his followers, he is a giving god truly. But he feels, pain and sorrow like any being. When I came here this altar was cold and dead as were the other two dedicated to Blood and Joy. Of the three, only the Joy slumbers yet.”

She sat remembering, shuddering at the thoughts that came to her. “I was in the Citadel not even a full day when I came to this temple, night full upon us, myself and some students from the university of magic as well as one of their professors. Certain things happened that night and at the end of it this temple was hostage no longer. And the Altar of blood was reconsecrated. I cannot say for certain that I remember the ritual Noland performed but it did include drinking the blood of a gigantic dead spider from the cup of Pan...” an obvious grimace played across her features.

“The reviving of this altar was as beautiful as the Blood's was gruesome. You see I showed you the pipes that I have...” Fia held them up again gently, “these were gifted to me by Pan himself. You must keep in mind that I had never played a note upon any instrument. But in my grief and love for my faith and my deity, I came here to this altar and played. Perhaps it was not me, perhaps it was Pan reaching out to his faithful... but in those moments the altar was reawakened...” Fialessa exhaled softly with the better memory.

“So you see, it is not so much a given rite or ritual performed. Spontaneity is very much a part of what feels right in honouring your chosen god. Thoughts, words, deeds... a simple glimpse of the moonlight and whispered prayer, an impassioned glance at a lover before a tryst... these little moments are prayers, are rites, are rituals... living a life of passion...”

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

"...and no-one has figured out how to wake Joy up yet?" Aerin asked curiously. "And what caused the altar to sleep in the first place? I mean - it is a thing, right?" She looked again at the altar. "With all of the murders and bad tidings in the Citadel these days,an altar which requires Joy to awaken may be in too deep of a sleep for even the daughter dirt farmer with a monkey to help awaken."

She gave a small sigh and tried to keep her smile up, a little doubt creeping back into her mind as it seemed too simple to be real - drinking the blood of a giant spider? Playing the pipes? Looking at a lover before taking them to bed? Living a life of passion? If that was all it took to please Pan, then he must have been ecstatic as her secret rendezvous lay in bed beside Aerin, her skin shivering and covered in goose flesh despite the heat. Still, Fialessa had said that it took faith, love, and beleif - and in order to have that, she would need a basis to work off of.

"So who is Pan?", she asked politely. "Where did he come from and why did people choose to worship him? What does he need us to worship him for?"

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

“It does seem like it should be a simple answer... but I think perhaps Blood and Art are a little easier to come by life and creation. Whereas Joy – the one thing and often the only thing Panlings are known for is something that cannot be repaired. Sex and orgies to me seem to lack something. As I said Joy is more than that...”

Fialessa wasn't trying to hook Aerin, she was after all no charismatic leader of the church and if Aerin was meant to come to believe in Pan she would. “People all too often overlook the simplest of things, and mayhaps we are too. But you wish to know who Pan is. Well technically, the brother of Dominicus... which makes it quite silly for Dominicus to call himself the One... But I digress...”

“Pan is as complex as any person, I can only be honest and say I do not know to what extent of our world we owe to our deities. And I cannot say why it is we have come to believe and worship them. I can say that I have met Pan, I have spoken with him and I have seen his pain, his anguish and his insecurity. He has hand in our creation somehow. And he has lost his Joy. It is for that reason I feel that the altar of Joy lies dormant. I cannot say for certain why it is that we need to believe... perhaps if we did not he would fade away. And perhaps if that was to happen true passion might go with him...”

She sighed and shook her head slowly, “Aerin, I can only be honest with you... I do not have all the answers. I have in my hands my own crisis of faith, but I still believe strongly in Pan, perhaps because I know he exists. He is a tangible god after all. But sometimes simplicity upon the surface has a very deep root.”

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

"So..." she said, after all was said and done, perhaps sometimes the easiest solution is overlooked and the simplest of things can have complex problems behind it, right?" Aerin gave the priestess a small grin. "Anyone who hasn't lived under a rock knows about the War of the One - perhaps Pan has lost his Joy because his brother is being a total shit to Pan's followers. If it were me, the simple solution would be to kick my brother's ass, but Pan probably can't kick his brother's ass because of rules or some such that will come back to harm him worse..." The redhead shrugged and chuckled, tapping a thumb to her chest. "Big family...saw it allll the time."

After a small pause, she gave Fialessa a small nod. "Whatever the case may be, I hope that Pan will find some joy in winning a simple, but dedicated, girl from his brother's clutches. Maybe I will get to meet Pan one day and - if his Joy is still not restored - ask him what more I can do to help him find it, eh?" Fialessa may not have been looking to hook Aerin but many of her actions since leaving home had been done to spite both her father and the One god he served - being a thorn in Dominicus' heel was not her primary reason for wanting to join - personal curiosity and longing was - but it shoehorned into Aerin's plans as a nice bonus. "How do I join? Or have I already, just by coming, listening, and believing?"

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

She laughed again as she looked at the other red-head... “would that it were that easy. There is a solution, and it will be found, no doubt. And perhaps there is something to what you say...

“I do hope always that those who dedicate themselves to Pan do get to meet him one day.” Fialessa nodded again at Aerin. “Essentially that is about it. Choice is what truly makes you a Panling... Perhaps when you can you might meet Vanir... or Eilish...” Fia's voice was flat in pronouncing the other woman's name and a slight tone of disapproval remained in her voice as she continued, “like as not she'd wish to involve you in her orgies...”

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Aerin nodded as the woman spoke, smiling when the orgies were mentioned. "Well, since I have already attended one orgy and know what that is all about - although not from the standpoint of a believer, perhaps I should start with...Vanir, was it and leave the sex for later - I know how to do that already...a little too well, one might say.", she grinned, picturing Wrinkles smiling at the joke as well. "But I do have one question regarding the sex, while the topic is up..." Aerin said, hesitation tugging slightly at her words.

"I was introduced to the pleasures of other women at an orgy and quite liked it, but never got to ask if it was something that just happened in the heat of the moment, forbidden, or accepted? I am not saying that I tried anything but..." she said with a smile "...Mistress Ashari did not seem too keen on the idea, personally, although she lets me lie with whom I please as long as I keep it discreet.", she confessed, the part about discression being mostly her own call as she did not relish ridicule for herself or Ashari by association.

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

The sheer idea of separating Vanir and sex was almost too much for her to handle... the young priestess burst into laughter despite the fact that she knew him to have actually kept a vigil of celibacy once before. The man did have a certain reputation... Coming down from her outburst, Fia spoke breathlessly, “Forgive me... I did not mean to give the impression that Vanir was any less sexualized than Eilish. He is also a priest of the Joy.” She didn't precisely want to come out and state that there was a great possibility that Vanir might well be interested in bedding Aerin as well...

While Fialessa was dreadfully undersexed as a Panling it did not mean she wasn't aware of sex in its variety of forms. “Truth be told Aerin, sex, the body, in any form or with any gender are beautiful and natural. We make few judgments where these things are concerned. To be sure every person has their own preference. In the end it is all choice, freely shared without deception, returns or payments. Does this help?”

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

At first, Aerin was taken aback by the unexpected laughter, but soon found herself chuckling along even though she did not understand why they were laughing. When Fialessa explained what was so funny, the redhead's laughter continued, the lack of real oxygen in the laughing fit making her a tad lightheaded and giddy, relaxing her further to the point where her crudity once again revealed its ugly head. "So either way, I'm pretty much fucked, huh?" A renewed burst of giggles followed, the redhead from Murrelbuck gradually calming down enough to listen to the rest of what Fialessa had to say.

"Yes...", she nodded,her pink face slowly regaining its original hue. "Yes, it does - everything that you have told me so far helps a great deal. So much so that no other questions really come to my mind to ask you although I know that after I leave, not a mark will pass before I think of more." She gave a small smile and a shrug. "Is there anything else that you think I should know about that I have not yet thought to ask? I know that I must be a bother, but I like to do things right, you know..."

"I am, however...", she quickly appeneded, "glad to see that while Pan may have lost his Joy, I helped you find yours somehow." She cocked her head to the side slightly in thought, remembering how the class had round-tabled the roleplaying at the morning classes. "I may not be a priestess, but I am a good listener if there is anything you want to talk about...just between us, I swear."
Last edited by Aerin Penna Seleratus on Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Fialessa laughed a little more. “The possibility does exist.” Though the adhiel girl wasn't sure if she wanted to picture that particular encounter.

“Well if you do have any questions at all, I am certainly available to attempt to answer them. I cannot however promise the right answers or the answer you might want to hear.” Fia smiled. “Curiosity about faith, any faith is never truly a bother Aerin.”

“Too I thank you for your offer. I'm just a bit blue today I think... perhaps another time?”

Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir strolled through the Temple to check on his usual duties. The pristine white robe and flowing brunette hair both rustling as he walked bristly. It was odd to think that so much had changed with Eilish's return, yet his duties remained the same. She had done so little running of the Temple during his first arrival, most duties being handled by Father Eric. She has returned once more and Vanir now is tasked with the everyday functions she detests so much. He had been running the Temple for so long now that he hardly put any thought into her irresponsible attitude.

The handsome priest walked into the usually quiet Altar of Art, only to find it inhabited by his lover, Fialessa, and another attractive young woman. He smiled warmly and spoke in a soft voice. The gentleness and ease flowed off his words with a much practiced tone. "Greetings, Fialessa, I was not expecting you here, but always pleased to see you. Are you welcoming a new student of the Arts?"
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Fialessa Valenstri
Panling Priestess

Hearing his voice Fialessa smiled and turned to look at Vanir. “Student of the Arts, perhaps... more that she is interested in learning of Pan. Perhaps you might be able to impart some of your knowledge.” She grinned.

Rising, “Aerin, this is the priest I mentioned to you before, Vanir... Vanir, this is Aerin.”

Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Aerin rose as well, part of her happy to be freed from the uncomfortable silence that she could sense on the horizon as her enthusiasm was probably wearing on Fialessa considering the melancholy that the other woman was biting back. "Pleased to meet you...Vanir?" she said, question entering her voice at the end strictly due to the fact that she had not asked about titles. It was obvious that Fialessa and Vanir were on a first name basis, but as for she...

Non-plussed, Aerin decided to just go ahead and speak, figuring that either one of them would correct her if needed. "Yes - I was raised Oneist, but find myself drawn to Pan instead." she admitted, leaving out the detail that she had shared with Fialessa for the flicker. "She was telling me of the spider and the altars, and how Pan has lost his Joy. I think that some of my fellow students at the Rocky Isle Guild are Panlings as well, but I did not want to trouble them with my questions as some of them..." she said with a small shrug "...have turned out to be fueled by misconception and guesses, it seems like."

Her eyes moved to Fialessa, the altar, and back to Fialessa. "So you teach the Art path?" she asked, looking after a flicker to Vanir. "And you the Joy?" That left Blood to Eilish - the orgy woman..., Aerin thought as she recalled Fialessa's earlier explanations. Fialessa had been right in stating that there was more to Joy than the sex, it seemed like, for Aerin would have imagined Vanir and Eilish's aspects swapped.

Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Vanir smiled graciously at Aerin's common misconceptions. He had grown quite to used to people's assumptions based on the reputations of panlings and their own knowledge of other temples. Pan was never one to follow the rules of others or treating others by a caste system. The priest held his hand out for Aerin and spoke softly.

"Things are quite different here than you might be used to. Oneists have special titles and positions that determine your position within the Church. We do not believe in such things. There are those that call me Father Vanir, but such titles are not neccessary. We normally refer to each other as cousin. You can call me Vanir as any other, Aerin."

"We do not just teach one path, but we teach a balance of all faces of Pan. Fialessa is most comfortable with the Art, but she believes all paths are Pan, as do we all. I am known mostly as a priest of Joy, but only due to my reputation. Truth be told, I started out as a bard upon Pan's Isle, before my calling to be a priest in His service. Eilish...well Eilish is the High Priestess of Pan, yet she spends most of her efforts upon restoring the Altar of Joy." There was a hint of distaste in his voice, but it quickly passed. "Are there any questions you have in particular? We can all take a walk around the Temple or gardens while we talk."
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Aerin Penna Seleratus
Civus

Aerin reached out and put her hand in Vanir's, aware of the sudden clamminess of them - she was used to men offering elbows or just walking along beside her, shunting her attention from her hand quickly to his words as he went into answering her un-voiced question about the titles. "Yes..." she replied. "The orgies, right? I have been to one and enjoyed it, but that is not really what drew me in here today. I had asked Fialessa..." she said, nodding toward the woman as if Vanir had no clue as to who the other Panling was "...about some of the basics - telling her how some acts of...less than thought out foolishness...have labled me a Panling at times - no offense - and I had wondered if my 'acting like a Panling' was perhaps Pan's way of telling me that I should just give in and be a Panling..."

She smiled and shrugged. "There were some questions that she had trouble answering, so maybe if I repeat them to you...." Aerin suggested, giving Fialessa a warm, inviting smile. "We could both walk away from here with just a little more knowledge in our pockets on the matter?"

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”