Trothgard: Out of the ruins, 30th of Jygust, MT

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Trothgard: Out of the ruins, 30th of Jygust, MT

Post by Meridiuz »

Another attack on the encampment had taken place the night before. They had fought the enemies off once more, but the attacks seemed to be getting stronger, more..vicious. Iorna stood at the edge of the encampment, looking over the ruins where the temple of the Ice Queen once had been. She remembered it's old glory well, but that image existed only in their minds. There was practically nothing left of the temple and as the sneering cold wind blew through the remains, it made an eerie sound, almost as if the vile gods themselves were hauling at the invaders, trying to chase them away.

The Trothgardian warrior listened to the sounds, but she wasn't intimidated. The look on her face was determined. In the last couple of months they had established a well fortified base on the ruins of Rimmerhold and the victims of it's destruction had been buried with honor. Now the time had come to fight back. But not with the imperial guards. They had played their part. The rest of the battle would be fought by the women of Trothgard. She had kept an eye on Hex in the last couple of months, ever since Ina had made her a member of the Covenant. Hex had been doing well and she had turned out to be an extremely skilled warrior. The gauntlets that Ina had given her seemed to fit perfectly as she had proved herself over and over again in the recent attacks on the encampment.

Today it was time to bring her to Xermetria. Her training as a warrior priestess had to begin. That was the reason why Iorna had requested Hex to come to see her this morning.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

Wisps of snow licks around Hex and the little thief as they made their way to the meeting place where they had been summoned. As she waked hex snapped some snow between her fingers. The red headed witch paused as she passed the da`Bergliin forge. A distant cousin worked the forge and paid her and the wolf little head as they worked some damaged armour.

Hex was proud of the weapons and armour that her father and brothers had made. It gave her great pride after a battle to wipe the blood of the enemy of the blades they had built. The blows of the hammer in the forge might as well had been her heart for that flicker.

War through was not for the weak at heart and Hex's heart returned to the sphere of ice that it had become. Wiping some snow of the gauntlets of Vyrd Hex continued on her way to meet with Iorna. Ina was a hard woman, a woman that Hex could respect and Iorna carried her tone on the homeland.

Today was going to be different, today Hex knew that she was to meet Xermetria, a thought that made Hex quicken her steps for she was both curious and eager to meet the mysterious woman. Hex knew that her magic had power to it but she also knew it was crude and that she must be akin to a dangerous untrained animal.

Hex grinned as she approached the meeting spot for she knew that she had become less of a barbarian in her approach to people and situations but more brutal and vicious in battle.

Iorna was waiting for her in the ruins of the temple. She was an impressive looking woman and one not unattractive to Hex's eye, but this was neither the time or the place for thoughts of fancy and lust.

"Iorna, a good morning-tide is upon us, always good to see you."

Hex smiled as she approached the final few steps.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

There was a lot of snow that morning, more than usual. The wind was strong and both women could feel it slam against their armor, even with the cloaks they were wearing. Iorna turned to greet Hex, the mutual respect immediately visible in her posture. "A good morning tide to you too, Hex. It seems as if the Ice Queen herself is with us as the winds are hard and cold this morning." She smiled back, one of the few affectionate gestures she made to other people.

Turning to face the ruins again, she gestured with her head. "We must follow the path over there and then head north. Most of the path will be outside of the base camp, so we might encounter some hostiles." She glanced at Hex with an almost evil smirk on her face. "It'll be a good warm up for your training later."

Without any further hesitation, Iorna jumped off of the large stone brick and landed on what ones were the first steps of the stairs to the temple. Now it was just a lot of snow, making the area look all white and straight. That was an illusion however. Huge blocks were laying around everywhere, they just weren't visible anymore. They would have to be careful where they walked, even though the snow was hard in most places, it could be soft in others. Iorna used her staff to pick into the snow before she took another step forward.

When they were halfway along the steps, Iorna started to talk, without looking back or stopping. "So tell me, Hex. When did you first discover you had the Gjof?
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: Sorry, RL gets in the way sometimes...

Hex watched as Iorna picked her way through the wreckage. Hex let her take the lead and followed. This was a time to listen rather than be heard.

The wind played with her hair and the snow kissed her cheeks. The thought of combat was almost relaxing for Hex, it would make her mind stop twirling around all that was happening to her. So much had changed, so very very much.

"The Gjof?"

Hex shook her head causing snow to fly about. Her boots crunched snow.

"That is a really good question, is it not? In truth my answer is that I can no longer remember. My heart drove me from my home and I answered the calling to come back. I was adrift in life and I prayed to the Queen for guidance, she smashed my ship upon the shore and called me to the Northern Wastes. There I felt the power of Trothgard and gave my soul to our Queen and the land."

Hex paused as they moved around some of the more tricky terrain.

"Truly I almost no longer recognize the woman within that landed upon these shores the second time. I am as if within my own storm and sometimes I fail to see that which is right in front of me. I don't think any of that really answered your question."

Hex smiled and looked to the sky. The heavy snow was still falling, covering both the past and the future.
~
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

OOC: no problem!

IC:

Iorna kept going as she listened to Hex. They were almost at the end of the steps now and they were about to go around the corner. The terrain here was more tricky indeed and Iorna stepped onto a large plateau that was even clearly visible in the snow. She looked around to plan the next part of their route. She waited for Hex to stand next to her when she started talking.
"I do not have the Gjof as you and Ina have, although I do feel it rushing through me. It is a different kind, my talents are different. But I recognize the feeling of chaos in your head." She pointed out to the corner across the street. I remember standing there as a young girl, feeling that chaos in my head. I had come to the city from my home. I..felt drawn towards it. I didn't know why or what drew me here, but once I stepped out of that street onto the square and saw the temple, I knew." She looked at Hex and smiled. "There is indeed little to recognize from what once was indeed."

Then they moved on again, crossing the street, walking down the side of the temple all the way to the back. That was the part where the protected parts of the camp stopped. Beyond that there were hardly any patrols being done. As they were about to turn another corner, the wind picked up and made an eerily sound. It was almost painful to their ears and Hex could see Iorna was squinting her eyes. Suddenly there was a different sound in the wind. It almost seemed as if they belonged in the wind and yet Hex could swear she heard something different. Iorna kept on walking however, apparently oblivious to any sounds in the wind. It was hard to tell if it was just the wind playing tricks on her or if it were...whispers? Hex couldn't be sure.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

After thew had left the edge of the town the wind picked up as if to tell them that indeed they were in Trothgard and that they had just left all notion of civilization as the rest of the world knew it behind.

Hex let out a deep breath and took in the cool air. There were certain comforts to be sure in the settlements made of brick, stone and wood but there was also a freedom to be had outside of those structures. Recently Hex was feeling more free in the wild than in the towns. Out here the rules were as blurred as they were clear. It was life or death and how you got there really didn't matter.

The wind today was queer. As she listened to Iorna Hex reached out to attune herself more to the tune of the land, to better hear the whispers on the wind. She could tell that her new found friend could not hear as she could and her wolf was oblivious to it all looking for scent of rabbit.

Yes there was a whisper on the wind, but what was the message and from whom was it? Hex had been tricked before and there were creatures with powers far beyond her own that had played tricks with her mind before. She had been the pawn once and she did not like that feeling. Was it a message or a warning? Either way it was best to prepare for the latter.

"We should be aware spear sister, there is a tone to the wind this day and I feel that the journey may not be as pleasurable as it has been so far. Reach out with the feeling in your head and let it guide you. You may not have the Gjof as I do but do not ignore what you do have."

Hex whistled to snap her wolf to attention, his ears and senses could feel things that she could not.
~
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

Iorna looked around in surprise. "What do you mean? What is it that you hear? The wind sure is foul indeed, but I can't feel or hear anything in particular.

The wolf understood the signal and immediately focussed all of it's attention to hear what was going on. It took her a couple of flickers before she lifted her head and started to howl. The sound was quite intense, even with the foul wind. The whispers stopped and for one flicker, the wind stopped as well. Iorna looked at Hex, now knowing that something was going on. Hex could see the woman opening her mouth to take a breath when she suddenly vanished out of sight. The wind had instantly returned, this time bringing an immense snowstorm with it. Anywhere she looked, all that the Witch could see was snow. Her wolf was still howling.

And then the whispers returned, now not coming from all over the place, but more directly coming from the right. They were more clear now too. Welcome back, Witch. A faint red glow was appearing to the right from Hex. Her wolf still howled, even though she couldn't see her anymore. You should not have returned. The glow was becoming clearer, something was approaching and it looked like a man.

You are making a big mistake. She recognized the voice before she saw the man. Skaali. She could see him now, amidst the snow that was twirling around them in an amazing speed. He was holding something in front of him. A jar. In the jar was a white hand with a red glow all around it. He wasn't coming any closer, seemingly floating a couple of feet away from Hex. The look on Skaali's face was dark. He wasn't speaking either, she only heard his voice through the whispers. Turn back. Turn back now, Witch.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex drew a breath as if she were to jump into the cold water after soaking in the hot springs. For a moment she thought that the snow had stopped falling and that she could make out the individual snow flakes.

"Skaali"

The snow continued to fall and swirl, time pressed on one flicker after another.

"My feet walk the Ruud same as yours old man. What trick do you have to show me today? Have you solved the riddle of the white one's song? Have you done anything of use oh great leader of men?"

Hex snorted in contempt. The whole thing left a bile taste in her mouth.

"If you were half as smart as you say you are you would have known that I never left, I took it with me. Why should I not returned, you do not fear me do you? I think not. Do I come to undo what you have done? What have you done? I am a witch and my calling is to the north."

Hex stuck her glaive in the snow and stood there with her arms crossed. Her shields were up for what they would do knowing he was the more powerful but there would be no more running from this man.

The wind snapped her hair as she waited for the worm to respond. She was ready and she was not afraid.
~
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

Skaali remained where he was, not moving an inch. I have learned much since the last time we met. It is not the men you should be worried about. The hand in the jar was still glowing, pulsating a red light, lighting up the falling snow. She didn't feel anything trying to get through her shields. Whatever magic he was using, either it wasn't directed at her, or she couldn't sense it.

He was about to speak again when he suddenly looked behind him. When he turned back to face Hex, she could recognize haste in his eyes. Something had startled him, but she could not see what.
Do not believe everything she says.[i] There was haste in his voice now too. [i]You would not be the first that she fooled. The red light started slowly fading. [i]Your calling is to the North indeed, and to nothing or no one else. Remember that, Witch. Remember it well.[i] The red light was now gone and so was Skaali.

The wind faded and the snow went back to it's normal, slow pace. After only a few flickers, Iorna was visible again. She grinned and patted her clothing to shake off the snow. "For a flicker I thought we'd lost each other in the snowstorm there, sister. That was..quite a strange storm." She didn't seem to be aware of any happenings as she didn't mention Skaali or the red light at all. The wolf walked over to Hex, shaking off the snow too and then licking Hex's hand. The wolf knew, she had sensed it all. Iorna was completely clueless however. "Maybe we should pick up the pace. I will be glad when we have arrived. I need some meed."
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: Ok things are a little less crazy now RL so I should be able to do at least two good posts a week. :wink:

IC:

Hex bent down and tussled with the wolf's ears.

"Yes that was a weird storm wasn't it."

Hex took a flicker and looked deep into the eyes of the wolf. Pure unclouded instinct and intelligence, much like she wished all of Trothgard could be.

In a flicker she was deep into those eyes, back in a place before when someone was telling her stories late a night before bed. There beneath her furs she could see her mothers face framed in flickering light from the fire, telling her stories. Ah, bed time stories of men who wished for the power of the priestesses and had to be killed because they would become corrupt. Ah, it was a story that would be repeated to her as an adult and then again when she met the one that they let live. That she let live.

Lies and half truths abounded in the game she was playing. Who was a pawn and who was a mover? In the end she needed to keep ahead of them all and her head on her shoulders. It was one thing to take from them what they gave but one had to bend a gift to one's own will.

The plan remained the same, save the North. The who for seemed to remain the same only the who from seemed to change.

Every time she moved it made the wind swirl and kick up a new question or riddle without an answer. Well at least she was moving north again.

Hex stood and faced the warrior woman.

"Mead? Well why didn't you say so sooner? I would love to get you drunk."

Hex snarled and laughed as she broke out into a loping jog. The air felt good and crisp in her lungs and she let her mind work over so many clues as she kicked up the snow around her.
~
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

OOC: yeah, same with me after the site has successfully moved to a new, faster server!

IC:

The wolf looked back into Hex's eyes, instantly understanding the woman's feelings, sharing them as well. Like her, the wolf never really cared for the men. She had more with the female humans. At least they seemed to understand her.

Iorna laughed heartily. "Aye! Drunk indeed! Sounds like a great plan!" She said as she turned around. "Let's get moving before another storm hits us. I want to speed things up, The day is still long and Xermetria will be happy with an early arrival so she can begin your training today." She started walking again and the wolf growled in agreement, although she waited for Hex to move before she followed Iorna.

It took them a mark to get out of the city ruins. The flat, open, white landscape with the mountains in the distance was a welcoming change to the ruins of the city, which felt like a ghost town. They walked north for another mark before they left the road and headed northeast through the land. It was another mark and a half until Hex could see a building arise. It was a singular tower which looked like an icicle turned upside down, with the tip pointing to the sky. As they moved closer, they could see that there was someone standing in front of the tower. When they approached her, Iorna smiled. "Good day, Xermetria. It is an honor to meet you once more." The woman smiled back and gave Iorna a slight nod. "It's good to see you too, Iorna."

When Hex was close enough to get a better look of the woman, she saw that the woman was about as tall as she was and had white, blue hair. She wore leather armor and had a white cloak on top of it which left her lower arms uncovered. As Hex looked closed she saw that her arms, even her fingers were covered with runes. The runes seemed to be written all over her body as even her face was covered with them. They were of a silver and blue color and were almost shining in the daylight. Deep blue eyes gazed into Hex's. The woman held out one hand and immediately the wolf walked up to her and licked her hand. "Welcome, Hex da' Bergliin. It is good to finally meet you. We have much to talk about."
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: So I just love the fact that I mentally responded to this and then forgot to actually respond...

IC:

Hex cocked her head and gave the woman a hard once over. There was not too much to say of the woman. Hard and Trothgard, not unlike many but obviously one with the way of rune magic, a magic outside of the knowledge of Hex.

What Hex could see of this woman Xermetria was that she had lived her on the edge of town undetected for who knows how long. Hex went over in her mind the number of times she had passed near to this place, yes, this woman has power.

So much had happened since Hex ran carefree as a little girl in town, just beyond here that sometimes she thought this was going to be a long bad dream and that none of it was real. Maybe she was drugged in Dort and just didn't realize it.

No it was real and she was here, vows made to be made over and deeds to be done. The wind licked the snow causing it to swirl. Hex looked back for a moment to take in it's pureness and beauty. That is the true beauty here, the true power of which she played with like a clumsy child. One must give to get in this world.

Hex turned once more to look the woman in the eye.

"Yes, we do have much to discuss. I have been told that this will be done over mead. Hope you don't mind the wolf."
~
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

After the wolf was satisfied with licking the sorceress' hand, it turned around and howled, gesturing that everything was in order and they had come to the right place. "Ah yes, mead. It will be the best mead you have ever tasted." She grinned as she stepped closer to Hex, taking in every detail of the woman with her eyes. "Today, we shall have the mead and talk. Tomorrow, your training will start and the time for talking or drinking will be over."

As the sorceress was standing close to Hex, she could see some of the runes on her arms and neck lighting up, they were variating, almost as if they were playing an intricate melody. She couldn't be sure if it was real, or if it was her imagination, but now that the sorceress was close, she could also feel the power of the Gjof. It was as a deep tone constantly present in the background. "And there is another thing. Another student of mine has arrived earlier. I believe you two know each other. She should be coming out any flicker now."
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex let out a genuine smile as she closed the space between the two women and embraced Eyrekra in a massive hug that lifted the woman off the ground.

"Ah it is good to see a pleasant face again!"

Hex put her arm around Eyrekra's shoulders as Xermetria gestured for them to join her inside.

"Yes the dog was un-trainable and left me at the first smell of another woman's crotch. The wolf on the other hand is loyal."

As happy as Hex was to see an old friend her guard was never down. Nothing could be counted on as truth anymore and especially when it came to magic. In truth she was supposed to be joining a secret society, tested and trained, but what for? Where had the society been when the worm Skaali had torn asunder at the fabric of the Queen's rule? Where and who was the Kona now?

It did not matter how many questions she asked they all spiraled deeper. The land was truth. The Goif was truth. The North was truth and her unsettled business in the North was truth.

For now though she needed an open mind to learn, absorb and take away as much as she could. For Hex, a fine mug of mead and the company of a good woman was going to be a great place to start.
~
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Post by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige »

Eyrekra placed her arm low around Hex's waist, as they walked into the tower. Eyrekra could feel the silly smile she had on her face, but she did care who saw it. Once inside Eyrekra made sure that she was sitting beside Hex. This was her time be with Hex, and she did not know when or if a time like this would come again. The training was going to be hard, and relentless, but that will start in the morning. Tonight she had Hex, and that was all she needed.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Avatar provided by allavatars.com artist Flingling.
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

Inside, one could be reminded how difficult it was to take the chill out of the air here in the cold North. Tapestries hung against the stone walls to stop drafts and what few windows there were had been battoned down with wooden shutters which were also adorned with thick rugs in patterns typical of Trothgard. The floor, too, was covered in layers of animals pelts and woven cartpets. It made for comfortable walking.

Xemetria was both the first one in, as she opened the door for her newest students, as well as the last one to enter properly as she waited for them and shut the heavy wooden door behind them, linking a wooden bar into an iron clasp so that the strong winds couldn't sweep through their hair. The sorceress rubbed her palms against one another and removed her thick coat. "Hang your things," she both recommended and demanded with three short words and a terse tone that suggested the manner of mentor she would be.

"Sit by the fire, warm your bones." She motioned toward a large roaring fireplace from which all the warmth in the stone structure came from. There was a vaulted ceiling overhead, but it was low enough to keep the heat in this space. A group of chairs were drawn around the hearth and were layered with a variety of furs and blankets for throwing over one's lap to keep toes warm. Low tables were set between the chairs at different points for food and drinks to be placed.

Xemetria moved away from them to gather the mead, leaving the pair to converse for a short time with the ambient sounds of clinking mugs and the tapping of a mead barrel to remind them of her presence, though there was no hint of her footsteps or any thing to suggest there was a person making such movement. The sorceress was a whisper upon the padded floor.
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Eyrekra tried not to pay attention to the movements of Xemetria, and for the most part that was not hard. She had gotten quite use to Xemetria's ability to move without sound. The true question in the back of her mind was could she counter it in combat? She would answer that question on the marrow, but for today she just wanted to be with Hex.

Eyrkra had miss being with Hex when they were in The Citadel, and had it not been for the efforts of Iorna she may have never made it back to Trothgard. Eyrkra paused for a flicker and went back to the conversation at hand.

So Hex, tell me all that has happen to you since we were last together.
[quote][size=117]Cold is the heart... Clear is the mind... Steady is the "Hand" of the Ice Queen.[/size][/quote]

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Hex looked at the woman and laughed.

"Lets see, I believe the last we talked you were standing on the street having an argument with Langredoc".

Hex paused in silence as she rubbed her wolf's ears.

"Since then I have seen enough bloodshed and violence for any woman. I helped bring men to the isle to take back control from men. So far there have been no large battles only many many skirmishes. I have patrolled deep into the mountains and there I saw everything and nothing. I have had no further encounters with the white ones."

Hex looked into Eyrekra's eyes as if she were looking into her soul for answers to questions she had.

"In truth I have been healing and preparing for the next journey I will take for the road I walk is long indeed and as you know death is my constant companion. None other will be at my side forever."

Hex leaned back with a frown on her face.

"Sorry, I did not mean that...." She waved her hand and took a deep breath.

"The need for mead is great, your company...I have been in the wild for too long I have lost bearing of my social skills at times. So much time alone with the land, the queen and the wolf. Most of my interaction has been with men and I am either ordering them, killing them or eating them. Your smells and warmth is exactly what this bitter woman needs..."

Hex gave Eyrekra an easy smile and exhaled as she lay back on some furs and exhaled a deep breath.
~
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Eyrekra met, and held Hex's gaze. She sighed at Hex's comment about death being her only companion. After Hex layed back on the furs, Eyrekra moved in close, and took her hand. In a soft, soothing voice she made Hex a solemn oath.

"Dear sister, death is companion to all." "It was by the grace of the Queen that I have found you not once, but twice." "I promise you that like death I too will be your constant companion." "Thus when death comes for me he will find me standing by your side, and truly I can think of no better place to be."

With her free hand, and a gentle touch Eyrekra lightly stroked Hex's hair.
Last edited by Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige on Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

Iorna hadn't gone and sit with the fire with Eyrekra and Hex. Instead, she had walked with Xermetria to help with the mead and the food. It was Xermetria alone however who came back into the room with mead and food.

The mead was brought in two large mugs, accompanied by a larger jar for the inevitable refills. The food and drinks were placed on the small tables, next to the chairs and the blankets. The pieces of meat were much larger than the small Herdis* pieces that they were used to. The smell was different too, they had smelled it before, but only on very special occasions in their life. It was the meat from the Gärdar*. These huge beasts were quite rare and were hard to kill, even for a well trained warrior. Usually it took about eight to ten women to kill a Gärdar and even then it wasn't without danger, which is why the meat was kept for special occasions only. Apparently Xermetria either thought this to be a very special occasion, or she didn't have too much trouble with killing a Gärdar. Together with the meat, two bowls of vegetable stew were being served to get everything a person would need to keep up their strength.

"Eat well. You will need all the energy you can get for tomorrow." Xermetria said as she had put the food down. "I have some urgent things to discuss with Iorna, so we won't be joining you for dinner tonight. Please eat and after that, rest up. Eyrekra knows where the bedrooms are, she will show you your room after dinner." That was all the sorceres said and then she left, her face not giving away any hint of joy or sorrow, the look on her face was completely neutral.

OOC: Herdis = Trothgardian reindeer, Gärdar = Trothgardian mammoth.
Feel free to post in this thread between you two. I will start a new thread for the morning after when the training starts.
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Eyrekra slowly got up, as not to disturb Hex, to help Xermetria with the mead and food. Once everything was on the table Eyrekra quietly thanked Xermetria, and asked her to thank Iorna for everything she had done for her.

Once Xermetria had left the room Eyrekra made a small plate for Hex and brought both the plate, and a mug of mead to her. It wasn't until she was making a plate for herself that she realized that what she thought was Herdis was really Gardar. A smile came to her face, as she thought to herself that Xermetria must really think we are special to serve such a hard to get meat as Gardar.

Eyrekra took her plate and mug and sat by Hex once again. With a smile on her face, and in a jovial tone of voice she spoke to Hex.

"Be of a glad heart my sister death has not come to feast with us." "So let use eat, drink, and enjoy each other company. For tomorrow our training will start, and I fear that Xermetria will be a hard taskmaster."

Eyrekra raised her mug in salute.

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

OOC: Sorry, RL.

It had been a long time since Hex had taken a good pull on a mug of mead and for a while her head swam in it's heavy sweetness. The meat brought her back to her senses. Eyrekra raised her glass in toast and Hex hers. As Eyrekra finished drinking Hex reached and pulled the woman down to her.

Hex pulled herself to a sitting position so she could look at the woman clearly. Cold blue eyes lost in the storm within them took in the young woman before her. A soft smile came upon her lips as if she had just discovered a delicious desert she had not know of before. It had been a long time since Hex had taken a woman in pleasure but her curiosity ws going to win the first round.

"Compared to the road you are about to embark on the turning of the tide tomorrow will be one of the easy steps. You are strong young and beautiful. I know that you feel the pull of the Queen and that your heart is true. It saddens me to think that such a fine woman may wind up as cold and bitter as I. You will be more than welcome company on the road we shall walk together. Tell me, what do you think of all of this?"

Hex waved her arm to take in their current soundings and then refiled the mugs.
~
Eyrekra da' Waelkyrige
Civus

Hex did not have to pull hard to get Eyrekra to lay beside her. Eyrekra's emerald eyes stared openly into the storm of Hex's cold blue eyes. Eyrekra blushed and smiled a soft smile that match Hex's smile. Eyrekra listen to Hex's question, then moved into a sitting position. Eyrekra moved her hand and gently touched Hex's hair.

"Hex did you every get your feather from the Hippogryph?" In truth Eyrekra did not need an answer. "During my seven days in Sjovolkor I was visited by a woman riding a Hippogryph." "She told me of what I will have to do, but not of what was to come." "So all I can do is believe and take each day for what it is." "To answer your question directly, this place is to soft for a warrior." " I would much rather be out in the forest hunting, but then again something has brought both of us here. "Soooo I guess its not that bad."

Eyrekra stood up holding her empty mug, grabbed the refill jar, and started to pour herself some more. She paused, stared at Hex for a burn or two then turned and headed towards the hall that held her room. She playfully looked over her shoulder to see if Hex was following her.

Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

The fire flickered and danced the shadows in the small space. Hex watched as the womanly shape of Eyrekra went down the hall.

The whole world had changed in the past few years and Hex had changed with it. Somethings though remained the same and the fine curves of a woman and the musky smell of her skin still had the same effect on Hex.

It has been so long...

Hex was just happy to be in the company of people that she did not have to kill, let alone lie with.

The ale was done and the wolf yawned. Hex licked her lips and gave the wolf a pat between the ears. "You sleep alone tonight good friend."

Hex slinked down the hall and into bed with Eyrekra
~

Return to “Triangle Islands”