Cave of the Heart- Beach Training (MT- Jygust 30th)

Dort, Aveas and Sierra form the most important triangle of the Seven Isles. Magick and trade are their core business.

Moderators: Adanedhel, Brytan, Mods

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Cave of the Heart- Beach Training (MT- Jygust 30th)

Post by Jolace »

Early morning was the ideal time for training in Jolace's eyes. The world was still peaceful and waking up, and the water was gleaming with the horizontal reflection of the sun which was just peeking above the trees to the East. There was a lot on the young Kanthrop's mind, and the morning was a great time to think about it. His mark-long journey from the cave to the beach was just now reaching it's end, and he was prepared for his meeting with Groas Wavebreaker. His training was bound to be taxing, but he was ready, and he hoped strongly to warp this morning. He felt in tune with himself and he was confident that he was ready to warp. The fact that he hadn't yet done so was one of the reasons he did not feel prepared to embark with Xenovia and her company to Sierra. Regardless, it was a new day, and his anxiousness would have to wait, for his training with Groas was about to begin.

The sand felt still cool from the night before, and the waves seemed to be beckoning Jolace nearer to them. He stopped about halfway down towards the sea, and stretched his legs and arms in preparation. After about three burns of stretching, he walked closer to the ocean, and stood with his feet in the water, the waves licking his ankles. As he was looking out to sea, he thought about what his cousin may be up to at this very moment. I hope Xenovia is alright, it was no easy mission she embarked on... He felt very protective of those that he was close to, and the fact that he was not yet ready to go on a mission such as hers was upsetting to him. ...Perhaps I should worry about my own training and possible missions before I fret about my cousin. She's strong and persistent, and she has Muraco and Scarlet with her, I'm sure she's doing fine.

He closed his eyes and breathed in the balmy ocean air, and his mind relaxed. For a burn or two he hummed a forlorn melody out at the ocean, and he felt soothed by the crashing waves' response. He then broke his meditation as he decided that there wasn't as much time for relaxing as there once was, Even at the beach, he should be alert and ready for action. He has so far not heard anything of nightmare attacks during the light hours, but there's no need to take risks regarding something he doesn't completely understand. He decides to turn his attention to the forest behind him, and glance around for Master Groas.
Last edited by Jolace on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Brytan
Moderator & Coordinator Triangle Islands

Post by Brytan »

"Hey Jolace! Hold up!"

As Jolace approached the beach he was caught up by Valen. Valen was, aside from himself, the only dolphin warper in the tribe he knew of. Everyone called him "spud" usually, because of his short stature. Was was little over two thirds the height of Jolace, while being only a yahren younger than the orca warper kit.

He screeched to a halt as he stopped in front of Jolace, panting like he had just run a round around the isle. "Sjeesh, you could have waited you know. We always go to training together." This was true. Spud was one of Jolace's best friends. He also hailed from the Wavetalon tribe originally and they spent a great deal of time together. Being the only aquatic members of the Goldenback tribe they were usually charged with fishing duties, which sometimes took up days at a time where they could spend marks just walking through the ocean surf, trailing nets and casting lines while talking about anything.

The beach was not far. In the distance to the north the spires of the Skymyst loomed over the beachhead where Ursa had crashed into Aveas. The sound of gulls reached the ears of the two kit, aswell as the crashing of the waves upon the sand.
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

[size=67]Avatar drawn and edited by me, Darkness concept (c) Topcow comics
Age=28 - SCZ=E - Attendance=daily[/size]
Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

The morning was a quiet one, but that wasn't so for very long. The silence was broken by the familiar voice of Jole's best friend, Valen. Valen was one of the few people to whom Jolace could say anything he thought. As the only two dolphin warpers on the island, they were bound to get along. The solemn mood of his solitary morning walk subsided as the playful mindset associated with the little bottlenose took over. This was a guy that Jolace could always have fun around. Whenever he spoke to Valen, it was in a louder, more confident and happier voice than the gentle and respectful tone he used for addressing Kanthan, and those he isn't as close to.

He looked out at the ocean once more, and then turned to Valen. He grinned as he playfully slapped his friend on the back. "Vale! It's good to see you! I guess I don't have to tell you that you're late. For some reason I'm not surprised, though. Any sign of Master Groas yet? I have a good feeling about training today." The fact was, Valen probably wasn't late, but Jolace was almost always early attending for everything he was involved with, and he has become accustomed to 'fifteen burns early is on time'.

He put his right arm behind his head and with his left hand he pushed his elbow down to stretch his tricep as he yawmed and scratched his back with the same arm he was stretching. He took a few strides up away from the water and removed his weapons and his net, dropping them above the high tide-line. He looked over at Spud and gently punched his left palm with his right fist and with a smile on his face he continued:

"Of course, we could always get started on our warmup a little early, if you want." He playfully put his fists up and started moving his feet, parry-stepping in place like a boxer would, and was clearly a bit restless. Jolace was eager to hone his skills for reasons that Spud knew quite well. "Just until Master Groas is here, it'll be fun! Of course you know that I'd go easy on ya!"
Last edited by Jolace on Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Music, next to silence, is the purest form of expression."

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ed6k5wc5hym]Listen to Song of Jolace[/url]

[url=https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?p=216506#216506]Jolace pics[/url]
Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"Go easy on me?" Valen looked pleasantly surprised. "That's good then, because I'm not giving you an inch." Valen assumed battle stance, spreading his feet to provide balance and raising his arms in front of him, left low, right higher and to the side, his hands shaped into fists. Combat training was something all Kanthrop did on a daily basis from the day they arrived at Ursa.

"Have at you!" Valen attacked, a quick punch to Jolace's chest was obviously meant as a diversion, since he quickly ducked to the left and rolled through the warm sand to end up behind the large orca warper. Where Jolace had his size and strength, Valen was small, fast and agile. He tapped Jolace playfully on his back before jumping back two paces.

"Come on slowpoke, I'm over this way."
[size=84][i]I'm sorry, but I don't know who you're talking about. You must be confusing me with that other guy...[/i][/size]

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

"Nice hit! Y'know, you should know better by now than to call me slow!" Jolace laughs and playfully arcs a kick with his right leg up and to the left and well above his training partner's height, spinning around to repeat with his left leg. He jokingly mused: "Oh darn, I missed." Being called slow caused his inner animal to frenzy in a way he'd never felt before. Though Jolace has a balance of strength and speed, and Spud is tilted more towards speed, Jolace had a few tricks he learned to deal with targets faster than himself- mostly thanks to training with Spud. Orcas are swift and methodical fighters, and therefore Jolace must do his best to be in tune with his inner Orca.

I'll show you speed, Valen. He then takes a step back and digs his right leg into the sand behind him. With all the swiftness of the Orca within him, he lunges toward the dolphin-warper. During the lunge he attempts to grab Valen's right forearm with his left hand and pull it up away from his body. When he lands next to his friend, he would put his right leg behind Spud's in a foothold, to prevent him from jumping away, and duck down without hesitation, quickly whipping his own right arm around to try to tap Spud on the now-exposed kidney.

If he succeeds he will quickly release Spud's arm, unhook his leg from Spud's, and cartwheel backwards on the sandy training mat, ending up in another one of his favorite fighting stances. Putting his weight on his right leg and completely relaxing his forward-extended left leg. His left arm is face-up, half extended with a right angle at his elbow turning up and ending with an open palm. His right arm is curled up in a fist by his side. The parry stance is what he calls it, because it is an ideal stance for a counterattack. Upon reaching this position, he'll laugh and add. "You may be fast, my friend. But I'm definitely not slow."

Having the armlength advantage was useful for countering, and Jolace was focusing intently on Valen's moves, his mind thinking of nothing other than countering whatever he threw at him. As someone who rarely initiated conflict, parry and counterattacking are things that are very crucial to Jolace's fighting style. Knowing Valen's is every bit as fast as himself- if not faster, he breathes deep, to calm his nerves and focus on nothing but the coming attack.
Last edited by Jolace on Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:29 pm, edited 11 times in total.

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ed6k5wc5hym]Listen to Song of Jolace[/url]

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Jolace's response to Valen's challenge met with a mixture of success. He managed to grab Spud's arm as he lunged forward and pulled the smaller Kanthrop forward while blocking his leg. Valen quickly reacted to the kidney shot with a block from his free arm. After the release however he found it a bit more difficult to get back onto his feet swiftly. As such it took a few flickers longer to scramble back up and into a combat stance, giving Spud the time he needed to find his footing again.

"Not bad Jole, guess you lost a few pounds there didn't you? Or have you been popping some of Gannas' herbal medicine again?"

The jest was swiftly followed by a sharp strike of Valen's right leg towards Jolace's lower left leg, which hit, causing the big Kantrop to topple backwards despite his best efforts to stay upright.

"The bigger they are, the harder they bite sand!" Valen stuck his tongue out, grinning gleefully, and then sprinted towards the ocean.

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

Jolace was not slow. He wasn't slow at all in fact, he knew Spud was attempting to psyche him out and frustrate him. Unfortunately for Spud, Jolace was and always had been a calm mind that doesn't frustrate easily. Regardless his inner Orca was pushing him forward with rushing adrenaline.

As he hit the sand he didn't even think. His inner animal pulled him to his feet as he kicked his legs diagonally upwards, pushing up with his arms, to land upright again. "I don't need herbal medicine to kick your tail, Spud!" He may have failed in his last hit, but all that did was raise his adrenaline more. He paused for a moment, closed his eyes to concentrate on aligning himself with his instinct. Truth betold, it was a skill in which he was somewhat lacking, but he felt he was getting the hang of it lately. His eyes tore open as his legs exploded into movement. He dug his feet into the sand for more leverage- a skill that most people are unfamiliar with- and he ran faster than ever before at Spud, and his hair was perfectly horizontal from the wind rushing past him.

Instead of attacking him head-on, however, he attempted to fake him out. He raised his left palm over his head to signify a strike. He would bring his palm down swiftly and with significant force, but he did not care whether Spud dodged, blocked or was hit. What was more important was that he then quickly launched himself to the right. If Valen even so much as turned around, his left side (which was Jolace's right) should be vulnerable, and he would attempt to grab Spud again. If he successfully could grab his friend, he would snatch his left arm with his right, and his torso with his left. He would then duck under his arm, placing Spud behind him, and he would use their combined momentum, paired with his strength, to throw him forward over his shoulder and into the ocean.

If he succeeded, these words would be spoken, with attempts to mask his slightly audible breathing. "You know, being big isn't so bad."
Last edited by Jolace on Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Jolace's attack again met with mixed success. Even though he managed to latch onto Spud after a successful fake, the tossing went a little different than he had anticipated and both Spud and himself were launched into the water, carried by the momentum of both the large form of Jolace and the smaller Valen.

The splash was huge as salt water covered them quickly, as Jolace had caught up with Valen as both were knee deep into the surf. Both came up rapidly however, with Valen splashing at the large kit's head, laughing quite hard.

"You're such a goof Jole. Take this!"

"Good morningtide you two."

The voice of Groas was soft and friendly. Both would be able to see the man stand on the beach looking at them, a smile penetrating his beard.

"Looks like you two are well on your way already. Perhaps I should just sit here and watch then."

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

The sound of a muffled grunt due to unexpected tumbling could be heard from Jolace as he launched both himself and Valen into the surf. They both splashed into the water, and Jolace got to his feet, Aw guppies! Looks like that technique could still use some work. He put his fists in the air, ready for another bout, but he unexpectedly received a splash from Valen and a jesting taunt. He relaxed and looked around him. With a laugh, he thought about how good it was to be here. Training and goofing around with his best friend in his most comfortable place, the ocean. The amount of fun he had here was immeasurable compared to most other things in his life, and it felt good. It was home.

He laughed loudly and splashed back. He was startled however, by Groas Wavebreaker’s greeting, having missed his approach completely. “Ah ha ha ha ha h-… Master Groas, sir!” His face turned red, for he was embarrassed that he could not sense him coming. He immediately stood up straight with his arms at his sides, and he bowed his head.

“Sir, we were warming up while we waited for you to arrive, we are ready for your training now!” He was very optimistic about today’s training, and his embarrassment was forgotten and replaced with the enthusiasm he had for the lessons of Groas. He couldn’t help but smile, despite the arduous training that he might have been in for. It wouldn’t bother him, he felt like today was going to be a good day.
Last edited by Jolace on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Valen hopped up and playfully thudded Jolace in the gut. "Beat you...you die! Hey Groas!"

Groas waded into the water to reach the two kit. The surf beat into them gently, the salt water colliding with the rocks beneath the surface and their legs as it rose to meet the beach. "You should know better than to open yourself to attack Jolace. Even in the safety of the school, you should not rely on your elders to bail you out, should a shark raise his fin to hunt you."

As he approached them he looked approvingly at both kit and then out over the water. "As for your training..." He pointed out over the water at something in the distance. "We are going fishing."

Out over the water, a way out of shore but not far enough to be invisible, something small seemingly drifted in the water. It was hard to make out what it was, but it appeared to be a boat of sorts.

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

"Right!" He looked down at Valen with an uneasy look on his face. He was completely aghast that he didn't sense Valen's attack. He almost always could, but this time he was entranced in thought. That was a cheap shot... He attacked me while I greeted our master! But... If Groas says I was wrong, then I can only fix it....

I'll have to talk to Gannas about this mystic trance I keep falling into at the ocean. There's got to be an explanation for my dangerous sense of security here.
The ocean lately seemed to be clouding his inner-animal senses, and the only rational explanation that Jolace could think of, was that spirits were trying to communicate with him. This moment was the point after which Jolace would never let himself be caught off-guard again. He would not let himself succumb to the musical trance of the ocean until Gannas could make his spiritual nature clear. This time, even though he was in thought, he was also glancing around at Valen, Groas and the water vigilantly, not to be fooled twice.

As soon as Groas mentioned fishing however, he jumped out of the surf and ran up to the tidemark where he left his spear, knives and net.

He tied his spear to his back, his knives to his belt and slung his net over his shoulder. "I'm ready, master Groas!"

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Both him and Valen were pretty eager to get out there. This became readily apparent when both kit almost simultaneously appeared on the beach with their gear at the ready. Groas smiled once more as he looked the two up and down. "Points for effort, I give you that. But are you sure you want to go swimming with all that stuff? I reckon a spear will suffice, but it's your call."

He stepped into the water and let out a clicking sound, shortly followed by his physical form being engulfed by silver and blue light. Arms and legs shortened and shifted into fins, his head elongated and joined his torso while a dorsal fin appeared, jutting out of his spine. Within a burn Groas had gone and made way for a sleek gray bottlenose dolphin, which quickly sped into deeper water before sticking his head above water once more, spouting the salty spray from his blow hole.

"So...let's go then." The dolphin exclaimed, before turning back once more and swimming in the direction of the floating object which appeared to be drawing closer to the beach as the tide rolled in.

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

I wonder how deep we are going today. He eagerly hoped to go quite deep. Unfortunately without warping, he was extremely limited in waterborn travel. After Groas' comment, he obediently dropped his net and his daggers. He also removed his kanthars and tossed them above the tide-line. Wearing nothing but cloth underwear with one of his daggers laying between his thigh and the cloth, he grasped his spear and ran into the water. He followed Groas and when he was about chest deep he started to swim. He ducked his head under to examine what was around, and to locate exactly where Groas was.

His aquatic eyes were designed to function well in the ocean, and he enjoyed the privilidge of vision under the surface. He was excited as always to be in the sea, for he always found life and existance underwater to be infinitely beautiful. The oscillation of the waves created a rhythm in his mind that formed a sublime sort of music that made him feel at home. However he was fishing with his master and friend, and there are threats in the water. He darted his eyes back and forth, up and down, and turned his head to maintain a view of everything around him.

"Where are we going, exactly?" He tried to ask, but what ended up happening was a flow of bubbles that made somewhat of a "Glub glub" sound. The orca-kit raised his head to the surface to take a massive breath and follow his master wherever he led them.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The three of them swam out into the open water. The surf beat against them near the shore, but it became easier to swim once they reached deeper water. Tidal currents were always a danger so they moved slowly, but they met with little hindrance as they neared what seemed to be a piece of wood that drifted upon the waves. As they neared it the wood took the shape of a small boat.

"That is where we are going." Groas answered. "I noticed it this morningtide, coming in on the current from the open sea. Not the kind of thing you'd want to row into the ocean. Let us find out where it came from."

Upon nearing the craft, it appeared to be slightly damaged. Chips of wood were missing from the edge, cracks running along one side of it as it danced upon the waves. A hand seemed to dangle over one of the sides...

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

Jolace kept swimming as he noticed the wood and he listened to Groas' explanation of the craft. He stopped however when he saw the hand hanging over the edge. He merely floated there, bobbing up and down with the salty waves as he took in the image before him. What happened here?

Suddenly he felt endangered. Something did this. Something was out there that destroyed this boat, and hurt - maybe killed - this creature that lay inside the boat with possibly no antagonization to cause it. His heart sped up, and his blood pressure increased a bit. He was beginning to feel like he would have to hunt, or be hunted. He ducked his head underwater to look around again. When he surfaced, he spoke up.

"I have a feeling that we are threatened." He spoke to his party mates in the upmost sincerity. "I will happily seek out the origin of this craft, but we'll most likely be doing so at the risk of encountering this enemy." He kicked his legs very hard, to raise himself higher up out of the water using the larger waves that passed to gain height. As he raised himself up, he attempted to look inside the boat from a higher angle.

"I think it's possible that we may end up hunting something more than just fish this morningtide."
Last edited by Jolace on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

Groas swam a circle around the little dingy before looking at Jolace and Valen who lingered by it. Facial expressions were privy to their humanoid form, but his eyes spoke volumes.

"Remember Jolace, the sea is both your enemy and your friend. Your mother and your evil twin. It is also a patient creature. Never rash in it's actions, but destructive and life giving at the same time."

He tapped the dingy with his tail. The hand moved as the boat rocked gently on the waves.

"It might be a good idea to see if the person in the boat is alive before rushing off to find out what killed it."

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

"Of course, sir. I did not mean to say we should rush off, I merely meant that the danger may be out there at this moment. Caution is prudent." He didn't have much luck getting a better look into the dingy by jumping out of the water via the waves, so he swam closer toward it, and grabbed the far edge from the creature that was inside it. He made sure to hold on to a section that appeared to be out of attack range, in case he startled the thing. Jolace pulled himself up, and he blinked a few times, to get the water out of his eyes. Is it a human? It smells terrible... Well, that may be because it has been out here so long...

"Excuse me stranger, are you okay?" He spoke in a calm and gentle deep voice, with hopes to console any fear in the creature. "I am a friend."
Last edited by Jolace on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The boat rocked slightly as Jolace grabbed hold of one end of the thing. Valen clamped on aswell on the other end, eager to take a peak aswell. Glancing into the boat revealed the figure of a man, seemingly passed out at the back of the boat. He was dressed in a white tunic and some tattered breeches which reached just below his knees. His feet were bare and he appeared to not have bathed...ever.

Needless to say there was little reply to Jolace's inquiry. Valen, being a master at stating the obvious commented; "Hmm, this guy smells bad. Maybe we should just leave him here?"

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

"Not so fast, Valen..." Jolace observed the animal to see if it twitched or moved at all. "I think it's really sick... Maybe it needs our help." He turned his attention to Groas. "Is there anything we should do? I've never really... I've never encountered something like this before." He looked around the craft, to see if there was anything inside it worth noticing. "Should we pull it to shore...? Maybe we should have it taken to one of the nearby towns on this island." After giving the canoe a rather thorough search, he let go and returned his attention to the water around them.

You should pay more attention Jolace... While you were looking through that boat you could have been attacked from below... The orca within him was vastly more concerned with protecting Valen, Groas and himself then it was with this man. His instincts were tugging at him to be more vigilant and defensive.

The kanthrop released his grip from the side of the boat and let himself submerge underwater. Gravity plunged him down until his head was about two feet under, and he scanned the waters all around them once more. He attempted to attune himself to his instinct, and after half a burn, he resurfaced. "Sorry about that, my instinct is trying to tell me something..."

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"Is it now? It is good to be careful and I shall be the last to tell you not to heed your inner animal. But be aware that all stories have two sides to them, as do we." Valen did not seem to care that much about what was beneath him, diving down below the water to make speed, then using that speed to jump out of the water and into the boat like a warped dolphin.

"There's some oars in here Master Groas. Shall I just take it to shore and we can safely see what is going on? I don't feel right hanging out here if Jolace has water issues*.

"Sounds good. Let's."

Valen grabbed the oars and started to paddle back to shore. Groas swam along with the boat and they reached the beach without too much hassle. As they hit wet land it became a lot easier to examine the man aswell as the contents of the boat. Aside from the man, who seemed to still be breathing albeit slowly there was also a sack and a small chest at the bottom of the boat, resting by his feet. The man himself appeared to be somewhat older than they were, perhaps fifty yahren. Groas quickly shifted back to human form and joined Valen to check up on the man's health.

"He appears to be dehydrated. Must have been out at sea for a while..."

*Water issues = kanthrop slang for water warper instinct going off.
Last edited by Brytan on Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

"Valen, did you bring water with you this morning? I'm afraid my waterskin was not among the things that I had brought this morningtide." Jolace looked at Valen's pile of equipment, and then at the chest and sack in the boat. There probably isn't any water in either of those two containers... If there were it'd have drank it I'm sure. The thought of pillaging the containers didn't even cross Jolace's mind. For some odd reason he really wanted to help this animal.

Not a threat, certainly not prey... The awful stink of the creature was most off-setting, and it was painful to be near him, but since he was not a threat and not food, Jolace decided that they should help him. "If we have fresh water we could probably resuscitate it. Then if the creature speaks, and if that which it speaks is the same language we as our own, we could find out where he's from and what happened to him."

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

The man in the boat merely moaned as they discussed their options around him. He was barely conscious and seemed to have trouble opening his eyes, though the mention of water seemed to stir him into more action than he had shown before. Valen walked quickly to the pile where both his and Jolace's stuff had been left behind, and returned with a small water skin which he handed to Jolace.

The man looked very much like the Kanthrop that now surrounded him. He seemed quite human, much like the visitors they had had but a few moons ago. He had the same rugged features, the same kind of face and ears. Though his hands and feet seemed much more calloused and worn, from many marks of hard labor surely.

Upon being given the water, the man reacted by opening his parched mouth slightly. As the water touched his lips he opened it further, drinking in the water as a gift from the Mother herself. He opened his eyes slightly. It was uncertain how much he saw. His eyes were white, with only a small hint of color in the center, same as the outlanders. "This one is human. And he lives." Groas remarked casually. The man's head turned towards his voice. He managed a soft almost inaudible whisper before passing out once more; "Th...thank you..."

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

"Thank you, Valen." Jolace said as he handed the man his water. Humans. Such stinky creatures... The kanthrop smiled as the human thanked him. He really did love to help people, no matter how beautiful or how smelly they may be. I was hoping to train my inner animal some more... But we can't just leave this man here. If nightfalls, he's done for.

"Master Groas, what should we do now? Should we take him and his belongings back to the camp? Should we let him sleep and then point him in the direction of the nearest human or, er, ahd-heel village?" His pronounciation of the rarely used word 'adhiel' was embarrasingly sloppy, but he had never encountered any in his life, so it shouldn't be too surprising.

"I have to say, I was really into training my bond with my inner animal. I could really feel it speaking to me earlier during my water issues. I would hate to come so far today just to turn back. Who knows? Perhaps I could reach the level of a true water warper today..." His eyes sparkled like a child with a toy sword when he said that, but he quickly regained his composure and returned his attention to the human. "Regardless of that, I am willing to fulfill my duty to assist this helpless stranger first, if need be."

Brytan

Post by Brytan »

"You will warp when it's your time to warp. The sea is patient, as should you be." Groas was both happy at Jolace's wish to learn and grow, but he was also to old to fully appreciate the youthful brashness with which the kit of today approached their trials. It had been many yahren before he was asked to train Jolace and Valen, and it might be many yahren more before he would see any others like himself. Part of him did not wish to let them go. Even though they were bound to do so.

"This is a creature of the land, not of the sea. A creature that, by many counts, needs our help. We would be both foolish and selfish if we let our own needs precede those of others in need of our help." Being a dolphin warper he himself had a strong sense of family. But he hated to see people suffer. This man was obviously in trouble, or had been up until they found him.

"We can take him to my hut. Exposing him to the village would be dangerous, for us and for him." Groas had spent many yahren living apart from the other Kanthrop. He lived in a small hut up the shore, on the edge of the forest. He liked to describe it as his "place to wake up with my fins in the sand". "When we get there, we can see about more training if you like. This man needs some rest however, let's give it to him."

Jolace
Singer of Songs

Post by Jolace »

"Very well, master, you are right. I will follow you." Jolace nodded his head in agreement with Groas' noble words. He too had a strong sense of family. Those that were his kin meant more to him than anything else. Not many shared this idea, but to him, in a way, anything that thought and reasoned and loved, was kin. He felt a lesser duty to this man, but it was still one he intended to carry out.

He would obediently help carry the man to Groas' hut, and he would do whatever the water kanthan instructed him to do. He would assist the man, but he still looked forward greatly to any training that might await him.

Return to “Triangle Islands”