Cit: To Elvin Motricé

Where messages and orders are stored for those residing in the Seven Isles.

Moderator: Mods

Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Cit: To Elvin Motricé

Post by Gerrard MacKaree »

Roque d'Ancourt, Waneday Jygust 30th 1225 AD

Dear master Motricé,

In the past four yahren in the Citadel I've seen many people come and go. I myself have been busy there with legit jobs in the administration department of merchant houses. This gave me the opportunity to learn from the way they dealt their cards and I think it has proven quite useful.

You must have noticed the influx of Easterners in our known world by now. Easterners, a people long forgotten and secluded on their own continent. I've spent the past two months with them and learned a lot about their culture, their lands and their customs.

It pleases me to tell you that I have arranged a primary trading position with these people. However, I do not have the funds myself to pay for the complete venture. There will be funding coming from my Eastern contact, but to make it worthwile for all parties, more is needed.

Since I have heard about the help you have offered starting businessmen and -women in the past I was wondering if you would be interested in a businessmeeting where we could discuss these things.

I can tell you I can get my hands on the purest jade, which will become the new hype to use in jewellery for nobility. I tell you, you can't go wrong here. Jade is not all, but I won't go into detail until you and I can meet face to face if you are interested.

Looking forward to hearing form you.

Yours sincerely,

Gerrard Mackaree
[reply address specified]
Last edited by Gerrard MacKaree on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Citadel, Waneday 30 Jygust 1225 AD
Good sir Mackaree
Your servant made good time with your letter and found me just before I went out to see to some business. I am surprised that my funding of shops has already been noticed in the more select circle of businessmen and merchants.

I had heard the rumors about the influx of people from a culture that is completely foreign from our own. The possibility to bring some of their culture to the “civilized” continents will, no doubt, be something that will be beneficial to the both of us. Another business venture I wanted to investigate today might be an interesting way to promote your Eastern merchandise in higher circles. I therefore gladly accept your invitation for a meeting. I will leave details of this meeting to you as you no doubt are a very busy man.

Since the relocation of the University to Sierra I have been travelling back and forth by the use of Portals. I will give your servant instructions on where to leave your letter if I might be not available due to my duties.

On a, dare I say, profitable meeting.

Yours sincerely

Elvin Motricé, Professor, University of Magic
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

Roque d'Ancourt, Waneday 30 Jygust 1225 AD

Master Moltricé,

From my experience in their lands I can say they are as civilized as we are. They only have different customs and a strong sense of hierarchy.

On to business though. If your schedule permits you, I would like to discuss this venture tomorrow the 31st over lunch. If it suits you, I'd like to welcome you at my home for this. However, if you do not find the time to travel to Roque, I'd have no trouble coming over to the Citadel either.

Kind regards,

Gerrard Mackaree
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

Dear master Mackaree

Due to the time difference between Roque and the Citadel morningtide in Roque will be a difficult time for me as I have an appointment in the afternoon and these times match.

If it is not too much trouble for you to travel to the Citadel, morningtide of the 31st Citadel time, I would be much obliged.

Yours sincerely

Elvin Motricé, Professor, University of Magic
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Just an OOC note here, even though we have portal travel and all, this is quite a lot of communication within the same day. Even in our current society it's not possible to send letters back and forth within the same day without using technology.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Gerrard MacKaree
Civus

OOC: as discussed in chat with Meri, the gist stays the same but the summary is that Gerrard wrote the first letter to Elvin with the addition of inviting him over to Simple Pleasures for a late lunch. Elvin's first reply will be the same with the addition of accepting the invitation.

Due to timezone differences and Gerrard being in the Citadel, the letters will all have been written in the Citadel.

Return to “Imperial Mail”