What's lost is found...the other way round - Jygust 31st MT

The glorious Summer City upon the white cliffs of the magical Mer de la Luna in the Western Kingdom that harbours many nobles. Home to the Summer Palace of the former King as well as vineyards that produce the city's famous wines. Anything is possible here, if you are willing to bring the right sacrifices.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Callara
Civus

What's lost is found...the other way round - Jygust 31st MT

Post by Callara »

Jygust 31st - Morningtide
On the cliffs of Roque

Open to all

It took her a while to find a suitable spot, a short bit away from the hut of Ushuaia. She needed to think, needed to rest. Bits and pieces of information were slowly coming back to her, her name, who she was, where she came from. Nothing recent, vague and distant memories that meant nothing without the cohesion of context to shape them into a proper story. She remembered though that she meditated. She recalled positions, means to calm her mind. Without any clue who taught it to her nor when she first obtained the skill, she did figure however it might help to get her mind back on track, help her remember who she was.

Her eyes did not help her, she saw nothing around her though her ears told her there was water somewhere nearby. An ocean probably, waves rolling in with the tide. There were trees, and rocks over which she trod carefully, walking down what seemed to be a path, inching her way along till she felt the shadow of a tree on her skin, leaves rushing in the breeze.

"I guess this spot will be as good as any..."

She feeled her way to a place to sit, a dry patch of grass or a smooth rock or something alike to sit comfortably on. She crossed her legs in front of her and removed her cloak because it weighed her down. The warmth of the sun was plentiful so she dropped it in a pile beside her, unaware of the look of the thing, dried blood still clinging to the rims where it had lain beneath her or where she had grabbed it during or after her fight with Raphael. Her left hand was not bandaged, the small wounds from the glass snapping in it had closed mostly on it's own accord, but were still clearly visible.

Callara placed her hands on her knees, palms up. She need not close her eyes, but that did not prevent her from trying, pointing her even more so to her blindness and the obvious handicap this meant. She tried to clear her mind of outside influence, her thoughts of turmoil. To regain what she had lost, she needed to look. And to do that she needed peace and quiet. Filtering out the sound of the trees, the ocean, the animals around her, sounds of the city from a ways away, she attempted to remove her doubt, her trouble and her fear to find what was lacking...

Her personality.
Last edited by Callara on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"You underestimate the Power of the Dark Side" - Darth Vader

Callara's Compendium

Avatar drawn and edited by me, tweaked by QC.
Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

Post by Elvira Rodriguez »

There were times when even Elvira needed a bit of solitude and for some reason the area outside the Roque gates reminded her of the rolling meadows of her birthplace. Thus it was that she had made her way out of the city and out into the fields, her path taking her near the cliff’s as the sea kept calling to her even when nostalgia gripped her strongly. Along the shore she came, humming a soft tune, mumbling the words of a sea-shanty telling a tale of a toothless Mary who had a canary and why her lack of teeth was not seen as a shortcoming by men. The tune was lively and Elvira skipped merrily along the shore, her voice rising in falling as the tale of the naughty wench demanded. She saw the silent and bedraggled stranger seated upon her perch, and paused to observe, finding the sight quite familiar, as she had seen it so many times during the days she spent in the East.
Oooooh, is that your money pouch, or have I just landed meself a husband there, luv.
Avatar by the adorable [url=http://pixieface.deviantart.com]Pixieface[/url]
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

OOC: Since this is mainly a conversation thread I'll assume a few things about her current state of mind and mental capacities. If I go out of bounds, send a mod to thwack me please ;)

A feeling of discomfort struck Callara as Elvira approached. The eyes that did not see seemed to be messing with her head as she sought the silent seclusion of her mind. Shreds of an image seemed to wirm it's way into her mind, a figure, something reddish but extremely vague had poised itself on the brink of her vision, breaking the brittle inner calm she sought for.

Without a clue where this image came from, her eyes did not work after all as far as she knew, she dismissed it as a figment of her imagination.

But then, what if not imagination did she have?

Her mind was empty and with naught but a name to her person, her mind might just be trying to tell her something. Maybe this was a memory of someone she knew, or used to know. Maybe she was finally remembering something.

So it was that her head involuntarily turned towards Elvira. Callara had taken off the dreadfully itchy bandana, exposing her face and her scorched eyes to the world. She did not speak, for why speak to something your mind cooked up? Instead she resorted back to searching her inner self for any memories to clear up the somewhat distorted and blotty figure that was seemingly stood in front of her.

Callara's Compendium

Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

As flighty as she could be at times, Elvira was becoming bored with just herself for company and the sight of a bedraggled Callara piqued her curiosity. Still humming she made her way to the meditating blind girl and sat on the rock next to her, saying nothing for a few long flickers. “You know, I can’t help but wonder what a wild party it must have been for you to look as you do now.” She paused and hummed. “At least I hope it was a party, and not some violence that you were involved with. “ She placed a hand on Callara’s knee and looked into the spot where the woman’s eyes used to be. “Nobody took advantage of you? Taking advantage of a crippled person is wrong in so many ways I can’t even begin to list them.” She smiled one of her less impish smiles, even though she knew the futility of such an act. “So, honey, why don’t you tell Vi your name and what you are doing here? It’s awful lonely and I would feel bad if I left you and something bad happened to you. Heck, people might go and call me a harbinger of bad luck and I can’t have that. What would my crew say and do if such a rumor was whispered into their ears?”
Oooooh, is that your money pouch, or have I just landed meself a husband there, luv.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

As Elvira sat next to Callara, she could not help but stare at her like she was a ghost. Not that she had eyes to convey her utter amazement when she started to speak, but still. A shock went through her as Elvira lay her hand on Callara's knee. She had to actively compose herself to not get up and run.

"This is real? She is real? I can see? But how...why...what the Nether is going on..."

Fear gripped her as she realized Elvira was not a figment of her shattered mind, but an actual human being who was getting way too close for comfort. She broke out in a sweat as something screamed at her to push the woman away. Flashes of a fight and a bash to the head made her feel actual pain. Her left hand reached to the back of her head, where in fact she felt a scab beneath her dark hair.

"This...but...eh..."

A few words stumbled out before she managed the strength of mind to close her mouth again. Her memories were gone, but she still had her aquity. She did not know this person. For all she knew this could be a set up. But why? Why bring her to Ushuaia and then kill her here? She was brought? Was she brought? Maybe. She didn't remember. Did he tell her? Maybe. Again her blind eyes turned to the woman beside her, the red more clear now in close proximity. There was something else too...colors. Vivid colors swirling around the woman. She recognized them. Unsure how or why but she did. The woman wasn't lying. She did not seem to be hiding anything from her.

"Sorry...I am...still a bit shaken up I guess." She heard herself speak, her voice unfamiliar to her. A few questions were fired at her. She chose to omit a few answers. "I am...Callara." She tasted the word, the name. There was a hint of recognition, but nothing solid. "I was just...thinking."

Callara's Compendium

Elvira Rodriguez
Civus

The woman was obviously quite insane, and despite her best intention Elvira instinctively pulled her hand from Callara’s knee and edged a bit father away from the blind woman. Wonder if her blindness is why men treat her so badly. Or maybe….. The raven-haired ex-pirate shook her head, finding it hard to imagine anyone would willingly subject herself to such disfiguration, even though she personally knew a few disturbingly weird individuals when it came to what brought them excitement and arousal. This was simply too extreme. “Thinking is good, but don’t think too much on heavy subjects. Too much worry gives you wrinkles and believe you me, the last thing you need is wrinkles.” It was a bit heartless, but between being blind and obviously insane, being wrinkled would not help Callara one bit when it came to finding a work, or a man. And without at least one of those, and preferably both, the poor thing would starve to death. Food did not grow on trees. Well it did, but if it was somebody else’s tree, you were not supposed to eat it. It was a crime.

“Anyhow, I’m Elvira. And I am pleased to meet you. So why don’t you tell me what you were thinking about. Maybe I can help you with whatever troubles you. Or even if I can’t it may give you a new perspective. Jospeh, Vargaz rest his soul, always discussed his sche…. erm business plans with me.” She took a deep breath and thought back on the time when Joseph was alive. “He never listened to my advice, but plans changed after he vocalized them. So, what do you think?”
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara paused as she let the thoughts of the morningtide wash over her once more. All Ushuaia had told her was still too much to take in. Yet it was there, and without any proof to the contrary she had to assume it was true. The little bits and pieces she could remember did seem to fit with what she had been told.

"I was just...thinking about random things. I don't seem to recall much of what happened to me to get me here. Just trying to make sense of it all."

The woman seemed friendly enough, yet Callara wasn't sure she should just spill everything just now. Apparently they had never met before and even though she remembered little, she was rather certain telling total strangers everything about yourself was a sure way to get in trouble. Elvira had mentioned a few things that made her wonder about the inquisitive passer-by.

"And what about you? Why are you here? You said you have a crew, so you are a captain?" She "looked" around, listening to the crashing of the waves way down below against the cliffs. "Captain of a ship? Seems like an odd place for a captain to be...all the way up here." She did not question a woman being captain. For all she knew women ruled the world. She seemed to recall a ship herself...something to do with the color green.

Callara's Compendium

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt”