The Sun shines upon the dawn of recollection -TT 31st- Open

The glorious Summer City upon the white cliffs of the magical Mer de la Luna in the Western Kingdom that harbours many nobles. Home to the Summer Palace of the former King as well as vineyards that produce the city's famous wines. Anything is possible here, if you are willing to bring the right sacrifices.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

"Callara, stop this." A man's voice came from behind her. It was Ushuaia, who'd evidently changed his mind about her running around on her own. "I thought you were recovering, but it seems like you're just regressing farther and farther from your mental health."

Sun was silent and just buzzed around madly, like a hummingbird on crack. "Callara, listen. You know who you are, you are just refusing to believe it. You are purposely making yourself hurt when you don't have to."

Ronny just stood there staring at this strange woman, hoping she would stop screaming bloody murder about 'killing because she wanted to' before the entire Roque D'Ancourt guard would come running. A steady flow of tears were running down his cheeks, but he was used to being treated like garbage, so he just remained quiet.

"Why are you choosing to believe you are a bad person when it's so unprecedented? You are acting like a child, Callara. You are scared so you are throwing a fit and you don't care who gets hurt, because you are in a tantrum." He paused, and he looked quizzically at the boy, wondering why there was a crying ten year old hanging around Callara.

"I've known you for some time now Callara, and I know you are a mature person. You just need to calm down and take a break from your anger, lest you get yourself killed."
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara breathed in deeply, slow steady breaths filling her lungs and clearing her mind. She let her emotions get the better of her, and even though it gave relief, it gave as much anguish in return. She was slightly surprised to find Ushuaia back here with her. Something told her this was a rare event. Images reflected off her mind's eye as she saw his house as she had seen it before she traded in her sight.

She calmed herself, letting the rant subside and the warm summer air fill her nostrils which flared less now that calm was returning to her. It took her a burn, maybe two or three even before she could speak again. Her throat was sore and her voice sounded slightly hoarse.

"You have no idea what punishment it is to walk around not knowing anything. I am sentenced to take what everyone says about me for granted, and from what I gather I have not spoken any untruths about myself. You have told me things about myself no one wants to hear. I refused to accept it then. But the more I see, hear and feel, the more I believe that what you told me is true. And now you come here and claim that my reasoning is unprecedented?"

Her voice, her tone was growing colder again as the calm in her mind made room for another stream of logic to flow along her neural pathways and out into the Tether on a stream of words.

"It was you who told me who I am, who I was. For all I knew I was nothing, a nobody with no apparent skill, with no home or anything. For all I know you were spinning a lot of nonsense before, but everything I've seen only enhances the truth in your words. For all I know I will always be like this, and even then I will be what I am told, because that is all I have. Fragments of my past are not enough to tell me who I am. All I am now is a lost soul, swimming in a dark world that has more questions for me than answers. And the more questions I ask, the more seem to arise."

She sighed.

"I don't know who to trust anymore. Everything I see and hear seems to contradict each other. Right now, I'm not sure I can be bothered to figure it all out. It's just too much to take in. Maybe I'd rather be a lost soul for the rest of my days. Saves you, me and everyone else a whole lot of grief."

Callara turned away from Ushuaia, Sun and the kid, seeking the path away from this place. "I need to think. Just leave me be."
"You underestimate the Power of the Dark Side" - Darth Vader

Callara's Compendium

Avatar drawn and edited by me, tweaked by QC.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Ushuaia was rather perturbed as Callara shooed him away. Oh how he hated being in this city, and the salt on the wounds was how unappreciated his incursion had been. He was prepared to let her go, but not without responding to her statements.

"Callara, do you remember the way you felt when I told you what you'd done? That guilt, is real. Your wanting to disbelieve is as much a part of you as the dangerous power you possess. Wanting to disbelieve your past is proof that you aren't as mean as you think." He didn't follow her, he just began to speak louder progressively as she was walking away.

"And what of this boy? Is he an acquaintance of yours? Callara, wait!" He hoped she would stop, but he would not pursue. Ronny just stood there, his tears were drying due to his confusion. In the pit of his stomach he felt a dread at these happenings. What's going to happen to me? What Callara and Ushuaia were discussing would affect his life- or the ending thereof, for he did not actually live in the palace, he was just an unclaimed orphan playing it be ear.

Sun was buzzing between Ushuaia and the boy, eager to dart after Callara. At long last it buzzed up behind her and continued to follow, unlike the others.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara did stop. She searched her feelings. Ushuaia's words rang true and even though some part of her wanted her to disbelieve, she could not help but feel a pit in her stomach when she thought about the potential of her past. She had been a wretched person. She had killed. She had used her mind to slay.

But what if she had done so in the name of good? When she took out the murderer in the marketplace, people had called her a hero. A hero...

Was she a hero? No, not right then. She hadn't known what she had done. But what if she had been before? Killing was wrong, apparently. But to her it felt right, just. So something must have justified the deaths she had caused. Doubt struck yet again, but then doubt was all she had in a world of uncertainties and mixed signals. Even with her past, it was possible she would never remember who she had been. Then all that remained was who she could become.

She turned around and walked back a few paces, "looking" down at the kid that stood with Ushuaia. "I don't know him. But then again that goes for a lot of people right now." She smirked and hunched down to be at eye level with the little boy. "So...why in Tazlure would you want to hang out with me? I don't even know why I'd want to hang out with me, so what motivates you to do so?"
Last edited by Callara on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"I can see your colors," the boy started, speaking politely and softly, as Callara made herself eye level. It seemed that his "R"less accent had dissipated as his emotions levelled out and he calmed down. "You have the same burden that I do. Forgive me that I assumed we were in the same boat, ma'am, I did not know you lost your memories." He looked up at Ushuaia, who looked away as if he wanted nothing to do with this. If Callara looked at the boy, and then looked at herself, aside from a reddish tint that almost unnoticably tainted her aura, it was indeed very similar to the boy's.

"I don't have any parents, I don't have any friends. Really, I don't have anything, that tray of eggs was given to me out of pity. All I have is an accursed power that I don't want and I can't seem to control. I-" his voice began to tremble but he calmed himself, he didn't want to scare her away with his childishness. "I just don't want good people to die anymore, and when I saw you were like me I, I thought maybe you could help me... Tame my power." He looked down at the ground with the worry that she didn't know any better than he. "Even if you couldn't teach me anything. At least I could be together with someone who's like me." He tried to hold his emotions back, he tried as hard as he could. As usual he failed and he began to stream tears again. His lower jaw was trembling as he brought his inner pangs out into the open. "There, that is my reasoning, Miss Callara."
Last edited by Haikan on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Had Callara had her memories still, she might have appreciated what the kid told her. Someone like her. He had no idea how wrong he was. Might she be able to teach him? Perhaps. But she herself would have to teach herself all over again aswell. That's what she had Ushuaia for, or at least as far as he had told her. Unsure of wether or not the man would be willing to take on another pupil, she could not help but wonder how to handle this situation.

She herself had no idea of her powers. She had no idea of all the measures she had taken inside the Summer Palace. The room she had decorated for the sole purpose of training her telekinesis, the garden where she had started working on manipulating smaller natural objects. Sand, pebbles, water. Only recently this had taken place and it was recent memories that were all sorely lacking. After the fight with Raphael she had lost herself. For now she was unsure if helping another person find himself was really high on her list of things to do.

She glanced at Sun and then back at the boy. "Sorry for my outburst...that was...inappropriate."

"But listen kid...You want something from me that I can't provide. And I have to say, you were going about getting it in ALL the wrong ways with lying to people. You might be able to fool the guards with that stunt, morons they are. But I see what you see, and that means lying is as obvious as the nose on your face."

A flicker after she said that she could not help but laugh at the sheer irony of what she had said. She had no idea what the nose on his face looked like, simply because she could not see it.

"Anyway...the building I live in is large enough, so I guess you can stay there for the time being. Just don't expect me to teach you anything. Not now. I have to learn a whole bunch of things again myself."

Calm had taken over again. Her mind was back in synch and she was thinking rationally again. With her being blind she could do with someone who could see. An actual living being who could do things for her. Sun was great, but it wouldn't really help her prepare dinner, she thought. Also, with him having similar abilities to her own, she might use him to train herself again. Things she would need to contemplate later.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The young mindcrafter bowed to Callara with grace as she offered him a place to stay. "Thank you, miss Callara. If you ever need anything, I swear I will do it!" The kid vowed and he stood up straight, to show her the upmost respect. "To the Nether and back, I would follow you... That is unless you wanted me to stay put." At that last comment he laughed, thinking it rather humorous.

"Oh well isn't that just lovely," Started Ushuaia, not hiding well the fact that he didn't care whether or not dogs were gnawing the boy's entrails an hour from now. "So you've composed yourself? That is good, Callara, if you can control your temper, you will be able to recover your memories that much faster. As you re-experience things, ponder them. Allow the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place. That is the best advice I can give you."

And Sun just continued to buzz in circles around the three of them, thoroughly enjoying the dramatic display of emotions that took place.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara smiled. It had been a while since she had. It felt nice. The gratitude the child projected seemed to be true, if her eyes were not deceiving her again. She rose back to her feet. At Ushuaia's comment she felt anger flare for a flicker, but she quickly dismissed it, choosing not to lose her head once more.

She chose instead to just nod. Looking around, to the house and then to the direction she had started walking in. "Hmm...I am hungry. What say we forget those eggs of yours and go find an inn to grab a bite? I don't think I remember where the kitchen is in that big house anyway. And even if I did I'd probably have a hard time cooking in it." She managed a short laugh. "Are you also coming Ushuaia? I need one of you two at least to show me where to find an inn. I don't exactly recall."

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Well, I have matters to tend to elsewhere," Ushuaia started, with the pang of merely being in the city tugging at him to leave. "Callara, good for you that you gained control. I'll be around. I'm certain that Ronny here knows how to get to one of the many inns around here, so I will be in my hut, if you need me for anything." He bowed his head to the two of them, and he smiled. He was glad Callara had gained control of herself, for she wasn't ready to be relearning her dangerous abilities as far as he was concerned. For some reason, he didn't seem to like the boy very much at all. He didn't outwardly express anything, but he just didn't want to be near him any longer, not to mention the fact that he hated this damned city.

"No, that's okay, I know where there's a really nice inn, and folks there won't judge you or me or anyone!" Ronny said and with his small hand he cupped Callara's. His aura was trusting, calm, and warm with gratitude. "It's this way." He gave a gentle tug in the direction away from the Palace, and Ushuaia was walking away himself, already fifty paces ahead of them. "Oh, and my full name is Malachi Ronald Darkrise, by the way. 'Ronny' is the name some of the other kids used to call me, but you can call me whatever you like."
Last edited by Haikan on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

"Malachi Ronald Darkrise?"

Callara could not help but wonder what kind of orphan carried a name like that. She wasn't entirely sure, but the sound of the name added to the already existing layers of doubt surrounding the kid. She was aware of the choice she had made, and the kid seemed honestly pleased with her and her choice to allow him to stay in the palace. Yet she could not help but wonder what other stories followed this one around. Him killing his mother was one thing. Him using mindcrafting to do it another.

Considering what she knew of herself thus far, they seemed to deserve each other.

Regardless of these musings, she allowed the kid and Sun to guide her back down through the gardens to whatever inn they chose to lead her, making sure to look around and take in the sights so she would remember where to go should she travel these roads alone.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Ronny continued to hold Callara's hand as he led her towards the merchant sector, but instead of drowning in the mass of people that so often traverse there, he guided her through an alleyway and they came out next to an inn called the Blue Parrot.

Smack dab in the middle of the always busy merchant quarter hides a little oasis of rest in the form of this unlikely inn which doubles as a bathing house and resting place for the less fortunate.

The door of this middle class establishment is - not surprisingly - decorated with a blue parrot. Inside the air smells vaguely of cinnamon once the curtain is pulled aside. Only a few people are sitting inside, the entire establishment not too big and most simply overlooking this delightful little place.

It holds the charms of a larger home with a cosy fireplace and the counter hidden around a little wooden corner. The walls sport paintings of differently coloured parrots in various acrobatic stands, hanging and perched on exotic branches. Sounds and voices are slightly muffled by the lowered ceiling.

A curtain on the other side hides the three bathing rooms where several kind Adhiel servants are ready to help the customer to a completely relaxing experience.

The Blue Parrot is owned and operated by an Adhiel named Loff'ta Klew'kin.

"We're here Callara. I only have a little money, but I think I could get us food, and maybe even a small room. I'm not sure how much this is worth." The boy pulled out a few lance and counted his money. "What should we do first, are you as hungry as I am?"
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Of all the gin joints in all the world...

Callara had to walk into this one. She had spent many a mark here, eating, thinking, musing, planning. Away from the confines of her uncle's house. Together with Jules or alone in the darkness, stealing away in the eveningtides to grab a meal and just sit in a corner and listen to stories.

But that was before...

Before the eyes, before the spirit, before the memory loss.

As she stepped in, the smell of the place whafted in her face, bringing back a very familiar feeling. She had been here before...She looked around as best she could. Perhaps someone would recognize her here. That would be a blessing. Or it might turn out to be a curse.

She did not recall sending Arnholt here. She did not remember her conversation with Motley and Alazandra. As little Malachi jingled the coins in his pocket, she realized she had not checked to see if she herself had any coin. She could hardly let a child pay for her food and drink.

So she searched for some money, unsure of if she had any on her as they sought a place to sit. A room did not seem to be needed, as they had a large house on top of the cliffs at their disposal apparently.

She waved over a random waiter/waitress kind person. Or rather, she lifted her hand at someone who looked to be carrying a tray of whatever and hoped she did not just insult some burly sailor buying a round for his mates.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"'Ello miss." A short young woman approached Callara and indeed she held a tray. She was probably an adhiel, although race was difficult for the mindcrafter to distinguish with her mind's eye, at least between humans and elves. "Would ya like some food, perhaps a bath? I'll be happy to help you, and-" She stopped as she saw the young boy next to Callara. "Oh, hello there Ronny, is she with you?"

In the back, was working one Loff'ta Klew'kin, who knew Callara somewhat, and would certainly be surprised to see her, after the rumors of her death. This girl with them now, was new and had never seen Callara before. She was however, well acquainted with Ronny, and her chipper mood was contagious, causing her pink and happy aura to spread faintly into Ronny, and even a few of the people around her.

"Just let me know what ya need, and I'll help ya both in half a flicker!"
Last edited by Haikan on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

"Some food for the two of us would be nice." Callara replied as she picked up the aura of the young girl which has chosen to answer her call. She was glad that it hadn't turned out to be a burly sailor type, and considered her question. "I could do with a bath myself, but after lunch. I'm famished." She produced a smile, which was less hard now since indeed the mood of the girl was contagious and she found herself feeling glad she had come in here now.

"I take it you two know each other then?" She addressed both Malachi and the girl equally, wondering if she could find out more about her young little friend which she had only just met.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Of course. Little Ronny is so sweet! I almost want to give you your food for free!" The ditsy waitress giggled, and she caught the glaring eye of the current assistant manager. "...But y'know, I can't really do that. Anyway, we're open to serve anyone here! No discrimination, whether you're green, white, dark, tall or short, you can get a bath and a meal here! How about I start you with today's special? Only a banner for Ronny here!"

"Alright, I can handle that, just a sec." Malachi pulled his coins out, and he dropped a few on the floor. Someone- a blood red and icy cold aura- reached down and scooped up a circlet, and the boy gave him a glare.

"That's mine!" He whined, and he separated one banner from the rest of his coins in his hand, ready to hand it over to the lady. As soon as it'd come, the aura of the coinsnatcher was gone, and Malachi's turned purple with confusion. "Wait, where'd he... Did that just... er... I'm confused!"

"What do you mean, Ronny?" The ditsy waitress had been twirling her hair, and didn't notice anything. Neither did anybody else for that matter. Callara and Ronny were the only two who saw the happening from the looks of it, and the kid just assumed he was crazy. "Well, anyway... Here ma'am, take this for our food." He handed four banner to the lady and his aura turned pink again, as if he'd forgotten about the thief entirely. "My mind must be playing tricks on me."

"Callara, I hope you don't mind if we get the special, I trust it's really good!"
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Auras can be hidden perhaps. Callara did not know. But a living being can not hide his blood. Callara saw the person pick up the coin aswell, with her eyes which only perceived auras and the flowing lifeblood. Ronny's surprise at the disappearance of the aura, aswell as the waitress' questioning his reaction had to mean the person was either invisible or not there at all. A phantom or a spirit with no blood would after all be invisible to her aswell.

Regardless, the flicker the person picked up the coin and triggered Malachi's surprise, something inside Callara riled up in defiance and pure disbelief at the ordacity of the theft. Yet before she could act the aura vanished again.

Her eyes swiftly scanned the inn, looking for the figure belonging to the aura, or the aura itself in another location. It had been very distinct, so should she spot it again it would not be too hard to recognize it.

She waited for the waitress to leave before addressing the orphan. "I saw it too. Someone picked up one of the coins you dropped. His aura vanished, but perhaps I will be able to find it again." Callara had no idea of the extent of her skill in the art of aura perception, but she was not going to let anyone steal from Malachi, and by extention, from her. After her swift scan she took a little more time to carefully inspect every aura she saw, seeking the one who had so deftly taken a coin from them without anyone else noticing.
Last edited by Callara on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Though in the mesh of auras that filled the room, it was hard to find the blood red, cold aura from before, Callara was becoming rather skilled at this. Outside, the aura was... dissipating. Just outside the door the very coin that was snatched was spinning, having been dropped during the disappearance.

"You saw it too? Oh then I'm not crazy! Miss Callara, that sort of thing has been happening to me a lot lately! I just thought I was sick in the head." The waitress was gawking at the two of them as if they were 'sick in the head' and she proceeded to the back to fulfill their orders.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary among the current patrons, although the coin was still spinning, slowing now. Ronny sighed and walked over toward it, ready to pick it up.
Last edited by Haikan on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara waited and pondered what Malachi had said. As the kid walked over to pick up the coin she could not possibly see, since it was a dead piece of metal, she considered his words.
"That sort of thing has been happening to me a lot lately." Somehow these words were less than comforting. So this kid she now had in tow (or it her, depending on how you looked at it), was followed by a person, or persons who were faster than a speeding arrow and invisible to the naked eye. Not that that in itself meant a lot to her. She could see them for as long as it was worth anything.

"This is one weird city..." Was the only possible conclusion.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Oh, well there's nothing to be frightened of. I don't think. Nothing bad ever happens to me, ever. People who try to hurt me usually get hurt though, and that's what I get afraid of. I try to only associate with those who would tolerate a kid like me. That way nobody gets hurt, you know?" Malachi had mindcrafting powers, that he didn't understand. These happenings that ocurred around him, he assumed were only extensions of his uncontrollable abilities.

"Hopefully that will stop happening once I learn to control my abilities, miss Callara." His childish accent was entirely gone, which would probably have seemed strange, if all else occurring at this moment wasn't already so odd. From the differing auras Callara could tell however, that what happened moments ago, was not Malachi's creation, although the aura was strikingly similar to his.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

She didn't really respond. She lacked the background knowledge to do so. Had she had full recollection of her past experiences and magickal abilities, she would have been more capable of commenting on what seemed to be happening around the boy. The disappearance of his childish verbosity had not gone entirely unnoticed. He seemed quite eloquent for a small boy. This went into the pile of information to be assessed later.

A lot of thoughts were milling through her head as she sat there. The boy ensured her that nothing bad ever happened to him. That did not go for her though. She already started to question if she should not have gone with her earlier instinct to shove him off of a cliff. The aggression in that thought no longer surprised her. She had already ascertained that she had not been a kind person. Death and strange magick seemed to stick to her like glue, regardless of how much she might want to forget it existed. And now this strange child had come and thrown in his own two coppers worth, literally.

She ate and drank, trying not to make too big a mess of things by going by touch very carefully. The dead material making up table, food, plate and cup made it harder for her to eat. Though she found that the resonance of the auras in the room gave the place depth. She could picture furniture where blackness was, judging from the posture of people and the location of small bits of life. Imagining was not the same as seeing though, so she took care not to go too fast. She had to learn everything all over again.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The food was quite tasty, and easy to eat. They received buttered bread and strips of turkey meat. For the drink they had a carafe of water and sweet grape juice, for their choosing. Ronny was quick to annihilate the grape juice, but as he was almost finished, he realized that his master was blind and most likely needed assistance. In a helpful tone, he poured her a glass, and sweetly offered his assistance.

"Would you like some grape juice with your food?"

The darkness that was in the room earlier was gone, although there were traces of aetheral interference, which Callara might have recognized as remaining evidence of dark magick, if she had regained that part of her memories.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

Callara felt comfortable. She ate and drank and took time to finally sit down for a flicker and enjoy the fact that she was still alive. From what she had gathered, the past day had been filled with conflict, struggle and running around mindlessly (in more ways than one). Now she had an opportunity to just sit back and enjoy the fact she breathed.

Taking in the fragments of her past, the stories of those around her and all the things she apparently should know but had forgotten had taken it's toll. As she ate and glanced around the room, she wondered how much of her past would return to her, if anything. She was still missing large chunks of her past, and as such of her person. The lack of this did not escape her mind. Yet she managed to enter a state of contentment for the time being. Her mind settled down from the frantic seeking for answers it had been doing. She need not worry about matters past. For now she breathed, she was safe. Despite whatever oddities surrounded the boy. Those could be dealt with later.
Last edited by Callara on Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The two of them ate in silence for awhile, and Callara's contentment was noticed by the boy. His aura was pleasant and joyful, and to Malachi, the two of them seemed to have a few things in common, although at this point in time, the child would chase an airship on foot if it would please Callara. Such odd and unnecessary respect was likely not reciprocated. "You can always count on me, Callara. I'll do anything you... Mrrhh fhu fhmm mhhmf...."

His sentence trailed off, and the last words she could understand echoed in her mind, getting louder and louder. "You can always count on me... I'll do anything..." If she could see, she would be blacking out. The echo grew louder and louder, until suddenly, there was nothing. Nothing but a slow hearbeat, pounding in her ears.

"Hello again... Callara." A sinister voice whispered in her ear. Everything else was absolutely inaudible. "It's been awhile... Do you remember me?" Cold... Everything was cold and hateful. Anger filled her mind and she was losing control of her thoughts. Despair... Anger... Fear... Frustration...

A tiny trace of refreshing warmth...

"Callara! Callara! What's happening!? Are you okay!?" The silhouette of a small child appeared to her. Yes, she saw it. Her heart began to race, and a mixed feeling of courage and cowardice filled her soul. "Let me help y-..." The image of the kid was thrown backwards and Callara could see the silhouette falling to its knees and then collapsing completely. "Call... ara."

"That's better... Where were we...?"

Callara could struggle to maintain consciousness, but she was growing dizzy. Her limbs were numb, and the fear returned twofold. Cold, ice cold. She was clammy all over, and she couldn't see, or hear anything other than a slow heartbeat.

"Did you forget...? You're mine!"

It was her choice. To fight for the freedom and contentment of her current life, or to openly and obediently invite the familiar feeling of malice and destruction back into her soul.
Last edited by Haikan on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Callara
Civus

Post by Callara »

OOC: Basing my reply on the occurances in the Aether.

Callara was stunned at first, listening and watching as the world turned black and the voice permeated her mind. The spirit had not often spoken to her directly. Had it done so she would not have remembered it anyway. Flashes of images returned to her as it spoke, none of them pleasant ones. As the voice spoke she saw herself, heard herself, knew herself. She saw her youth on Kislovan. She saw her parents, her father scorning her, her sister, the spitting image of herself, teasing her and making fun of her with her friends. She saw her trip to Roque. She saw Motley, Alexandrya. She recalled the first time she had met the spirit, back right after she had left her uncle's house after having a fight with Jules.

And she recalled what it had told her; it offered her power. Power to get back at those who plagued her. Power to get her own mindcrafting under control and empower it even more so she might once and for all prove to the world she did deserve to draw breath.

In her mind, she saw Ushuaia. She saw the training he had given her. She saw the Summer Palace and the room within which she had honed her skills. She recalled the arena. She saw Raphael. His face mocking her as he waved the spectral image in front of her. His death as she exploded his heart inside his chest, at the same moment as he exploded her mind and took her memories from her.

The wave of recollection washed over her like a tidal flood, numbing her senses as the words from the malignant blood spirit took control of her mind. She felt her vision be taken from her, her limbs and body uncontrollable as her brain filled up with what memories and skills the spirit had seen fit to return to her. Had she been the old Callara, the one who had chosen to fight. The one who had turned to Motley and Alexandrya for help, she would have fought this flood of evil. All she saw when trying to muster her old strength however was the image of the crooked little man calling her out for choosing the dark power, leaving when she needed help most. She saw Alazandra do nothing, sitting blankly in the Blue Parrot, at the very table she was sitting now.

She felt the sharp sting of tears burning in her eyes, where none could flow. And all that replaced her will to fight, was the will to hate. Her memories corrupted by the blood spirit, she saw and knew only the evils of her past. Evils she now knew, had to be destroyed.
Last edited by Callara on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Callara's Compendium

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Her memories were flitting by, it was quite overwhelming, and in her confused mind, she could no longer discern reality from fantasy, or her memories from hallucination.

Her vision turned red, and her body collapsed to the ground. Consciousness was becoming increasingly difficult to maintain, and her succumbing to the will to hate wasn't helping. Red... Anger, destruction. Pain, suffering and evil plagued her mind now. It didn't feel to her hurting mind as if it belonged to her. It seemed alien and unfamiliar, threatening, as if it were sprung rom a consciousness completely seperate from her own... And yet, she could sense a certain reminiscent aspect to it.

Confusing, this situation made it difficult to concentrate, and her subconscious was inclined to be afraid. Part of her subconscious welcomed this return of her hatred, and the ball was in the court of her willpower.

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt”