Confession and Codex - Jy 30th - Super Late TT

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Confession and Codex - Jy 30th - Super Late TT

Post by Ashari »

Trade tide - 5th Mark

From the large main hall they moved further into the building toward the small row of ornate confessionals. No longer could they hear the religious fanaticism of Tyrone, and the area directly around the booths was somehow warmer. Perhaps it was the inlaid woods or the carvings of flighted doves paired with the ambiance of candles and burning incense. Though the formality of confession remained, it was a welcoming environment - one meant to make you want to tell your deepest secrets to a relative stranger.

A simply clad acolyte stood by the confessionals and smiled to the trio. Zeyanara spoke up first. "I'll take confession while you finish talking, if that's ok," she smiled. The girl was prepared to unburden her soul, and she didn't plan on waiting around for them to keep discussing the stupid Codex that was getting her into trouble in the first place. After agreement she passed the acolyte and he motioned for which confession she should step into.

It left Azure and Anisits in the relative privacy of one of the numerous alcoves of the large basilica.
Last edited by Ashari on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Azure Stonehand
Civus

Post by Azure Stonehand »

Azure looked around to make sure there was no one about that would hear their conversation. She took a deep breath and released it to relieve the nervousness she was feeling. When it failed, she tried another. Still it didn't work. Azure then moved closer to Anistis.

"It's the codex," Azure whispered barely above her breath, her eyes still darting around looking for eavesdroppers. "Zeyanara's mother has translated more of the codex than she is letting the Regent know. What she has translated says that there is change coming to Kings Court, a turbulent change." Azure looked about again and then continued. "This is why Zeyanara is so nervous, may the One bless her, and another reason why she's here in confession."

She looked about some more. "This is what she's told me so far, I have no other information. I am convinced her Ladyship is going to need our helping hands again, probably sooner than later. Please don't tell Zeyanara I told you about her mother. I fear she may take it poorly that I breached her confidence, as she did tell me this when we were in our tent and away from others." Azure let out a breath of relief, being glad to have relieved some of the "secret" burden to another. She was especially relieved to have told Anistis, as she trusted him more than she had trusted Matiel.

"I think its very important that you go with us," Azure said still whispering. "I think we need the help of the One in this. I am afraid of what the codex says, because her mother has been praying a lot..." She shivered. "And being at confession just makes me more nervous. I hope we can help her and help her mother." Azure looked to Anistis like he might have words that would help the nervousness. She also turned to him as though he was already a respected priest to her.
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Anistis
The Tender

Post by Anistis »

Anistis paused for a moment, hovering on a precipice. Azure was clearly distressed, and the acolyte wondered if it would not be cruel to add the fear that came with what he knew to her already heavy burden. A burden was lightest, however, when carried by many, and this was one he could no longer carry alone.

"I didn't expect to get time to speak with you privately before seeing the bishop," Anistis began, "but there's something I feel I should tell you." His voiced dropped so as to be just barely audible to Azure. "I don't know much of it, but there is a cult working working within the One Church, to some unknown purpose. I believe that finding the pages to the Codex will help us fight them.

"Of course I'll do everything I can," Anistis told her with a deep sigh. "Part of why I'm here this tradetide is to ask for the bishop's help and resources in the search for the Codex and for this cult. I understand your fear. But we must remember not to see the worst of possibilities, even in the prophecies of the Codex. A turbulent change does not necessarily have to be one for the worse." He offered her a smile that lit up his soft green eyes. "Worrying will do nothing to help us. Instead, we should relax and try to act in accordance with the One's will, which is never for evil and always for the utmost good. We must have faith that he will make us his instruments to accomplish his good and holy purpose.

"That said, I feel we are being called to act. Azure, we may need your help. If you don't want to get involved, I understand, but if it comes to it, would you help us? I sense that more than Brother Tyrone and I will be necessary to face this."
Azure Stonehand
Civus

Azure leaned in toward Anistis to hear what he was saying so quietly to her. She listened intently and shivered. A cult in the church?, she thought to herself. With an unknown agenda? This is terrible news. What will become of the church? How will this change everything? The turbulence does not mean bad things but could mean good things...turbulence brings change...which could be equally as bad... Then Anistis' smile brightened her feelings and she pushed the dismal thoughts away.

"Anistis, this is becoming very serious," Azure began, her voice low also. "What connections do you think the Codex has with this cult?" Then realized something that made her shiver from head to toe. "Dear One! Perhaps we were brought together to do this thing! I'm sure I'm ready to fight anything that may bring ruin to the church and to Kings Court. I would be proud to stand by your side and do this. I will help you gladly." Then she frowned.

"If you don't mind, I have one question." She leaned a little closer and whispered: "Who's Tyrone?"
Last edited by Azure Stonehand on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

It was much later then Petros had intended. He had gotten to the gate and entered the city with relative ease but made the mistake of coming just before the Gates were about to close for the evening. Now he was in the Holy City and that was great, but he had no place to stay and he did not know anyone. The last time he was here Petros had lived at the Basilica. Seeing as that was really the only place in the city he could remember that was where he headed. He knew that there would be priests there and other acolytes, and they would surely take him in. Petros was sure that the One would always feed, house, and cloth those in need he just hoped the Church felt the same way.

Petros made his way it had been a while and so it took him sometime to find the right path through the city, but he was eventually able to find the great temple of the One. It was getting on to dusk, but there were always worshipers and priests busy he was sure he would run into someone. As Petros entered the basilica he prayed a prayer, and was moved by contrition because of the fact that he had been away for so long and had not confessed his wrongs in that time. Petros felt the need to go to confess his wrong doings one of which was his anger at the Church. Besides this need for confession Petros was also sure that there would be a priest at the confessionals this priest could take his confession and maybe help him in his quest to find some place to stay and to help his restart his training within the Church.

Petros knew were the confessionals where because he had gone there before although it had been sometime. As he walked into the confessional area he was a bit surprised to find two people there. He had thought maybe there would be one person here, but there were two and it looked like a third may have been confessing in the confessional. Petros had not expected to come across three people this late in the day. He did not want to disturb them, but he also did not want to eaves drop on what looked like a very intense conversation. The women had just leaned over to the acolyte and said something, but Petros could not make it out.

Petros walked up to the pair, one of which appeared to be an acolyte, and said “Good trade tide, in the One’s name. I am sorry to be rude and to interrupt your conversation, but I am looking for a priest to speak with. I was an acolyte here sometime ago and I have returned and am seeking a place to stay and study.” It was a bit awkward it had been some time since Petros had interacted with people he had been mostly alone on the Downs. Petros shifted nervously not sure of what to say or do next.
Anistis
The Tender

Post by Anistis »

"Tyrone is the man we saw entering the Basilica earlier," Anistis began. "We met late in Chyril and he's the one who told me about the-"

Anistis fell silent as another person approached. He listened patiently, offering Azure an apologetic glance for not being able to finish answering her questions.

"Well, I'm sure there's plenty of room here in the Basilica for one more, Brother." Anistis told the newcomer with a smile. "I'm Anistis, and this is Azure."

If he were a different sort of person, he might have been suspicious of this man of unknown origin who claimed to be returning after a leave of absence, but such a thought never crossed his mind. As a precautionary measure, of course, he wouldn't relate the information to one he'd only just met, but he was eager to offer the other man assistance.

"If, by some fluke, we can't put you up, you can stay in my cell. I don't mind sleeping on the floor." It's about as comfortable as the bed, anyway, he thought, bemused.

"I trust, though, that you're not planning on sleeping and studying in a confessional box? If you wait, though, for the priest here to finish hearing Zeyanara's confession, I'm sure he'll tell you where to go.

"In the meantime, Brother, why not tell us who you are and what brings you back to King's Court?"
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Inside the confessional, Zeynara was comforted by the familiar and friendly voice of an older man. For some reason, there was a sense of security in that, as if she knew she could trust the man beyond the screen above all others - well, not more than Azure. Zeynara had come to trust her new friend very much, that was why she was here after all!

"Dear Father, it has been two months since my last confession. I have sinned..."

-=-=-

Another acolyte came back from one of the many areas of the church to converse with the one who was stationed outside the confessionals. To his friend he quickly passed along some information which Azure, Anistis and Petros could all overhear if they chose. "There is a dark adhiel with Father Marcus - or he was, or.. I don't know, but I'll tell you, he looked insane brother," he didn't bother to keep his voice hushed, but it didn't carry too far. "He kept begging for forgiveness, but he was a member of the Purificatio. Do you believe it? A dark-skinned pagan?! and a member of the Prodese of Purification? I don't even know if I believe what I saw."
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros was moved by the offer Anistis had made. Petros had observed in the past that although the Church made claims of the love and generosity of the One the clergy did not very often make generous offers of their own. So it gave Petros great satisfaction that there was someone who cared and it seemed cared about more then just him but about people. Petros smiled at Anistis and Azure.

"Yes of course how silly of me. My name is Petros and I am well met. You are most kind Anisits." Petros did laugh and broaden his smile when Anisitis made the comment about sleeping in the confessional to which Petros replied "of course not. I do not think that would be comfortable"

Petros did not mind talking, but there was no reason to unload all of his history or all of his reasons for returning to Kings Court to complete strangers. Petros decided to tell them a little about himself.

"I grew up in Kings Court and was an acolyte when I lived here. I made some mistakes and choose to leave this place for a while, but the love of he One and of others has drawn me back. I wish to serve the Church and the creation of our great lord. This is why I have returned." Petros left out the fact that he thought that parts of the Church might be corrupt and that he felt some changes need to be made. That was not a conversation for a stranger or for the here and now.

As Petros finished speaking he noticed the second acolyte appear. He heard the words that were spoken and was moved with compassion. "I do not know of whom they speak, but my heart goes out to him. May the love and blessings of he One be him. May he know the peace that only the One can provide."
Last edited by Petros on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azure Stonehand
Civus

"There is a dark adhiel with Father Marcus - or he was, or.. I don't know, but I'll tell you, he looked insane brother," he didn't bother to keep his voice hushed, but it didn't carry too far. "He kept begging for forgiveness, but he was a member of the Purificatio. Do you believe it? A dark-skinned pagan?! and a member of the Prodese of Purification? I don't even know if I believe what I saw."

"Excuse me, Anistis," Azure said a little louder than necessary to make sure the other Acolyte heard her. "Isn't it true that once the One calls you, you serve even if you're a dark achdhiel? Pagan or no can be forgiven, true?" She scowled in the general direction of the Acolyte, then turned her attention toward Petros.

"I grew up in Kings Court and was an acolyte when I lived here. I made some mistakes and choose to leave this place for a while, but the love of he One and of others has drawn me back. I wish to serve the Church and the creation of our great lord. This is why I have returned."

"Welcome home," Azure smiled and her eyes twinkled merrily. "I am glad that you are drawn back to the One. I am Azure and I have lived in Kings Court my whole life. I have only recently decided to leave my father's business and seek adventure, hoping to help people in need along the way." She looked at Anistis with a broader smile. "Anistis here is a good friend of mine and someone I depend on for guidance in my faith. Zeyanara, my other good friend, is taking confession right now. I'll introduce you in a bit." She drew a deep breath. "So how long have you served the church? That is, if you don't mind my asking."
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros was again filled with joy as Azure spoke to him. It was nice that people seemed to care, this was not the way he remembered things being, but many things change, and these were not the people he knew when he had lived here. How long ago was it? That was a good question one loses track of time on the Downs particularly when was is consumed by anger.

Petros saw no need to be dishonest with this very kind person. "Bless you, for the you are truly of the mind of the One, you are so kind and loving even of a stranger, Just as the One is loving of his creation, bless you, bless you." Petros got a little choked up and although he did not cry he did lose some of the strength in his voice. He paused for a moment he wanted to answer Azure, but need time to compose himself.

"I was an acolyte for a yahren before I left, and that was..." Petros trailed off as he thought. "That was, oh I'd say about 2 yahren ago. I am unsure it may have been shorter or longer then that. It is so good to be greeted after such a long time by someone as kind as you." Petros was very serious about his compliment to her, for he had not thought of running into anyone as kind as these too people. The One certainly does provide I can see his hand in these things. Petros prayed to himself a prayer of thanksgiving to his lord. Thank you for your goodness oh great Dominicus, most powerful One, and thank you for this foretaste of the feast of love that is too come in your Holy presence.
Last edited by Petros on Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

While Azure was quick to turn away from the embroiling she'd started, the acolyte on the recieving end wasn't quite done. "Ha! How like a woman - you prove your inferior intellect even now," he snarled in response, then gathered up the robe he was carrying and gave an indignant huff while turning away himself and satcheting down the corridor to assist Father Marcus as he'd been intructed.

The acolyte manning the confessional shook his head and offered Azure an embrassed smile and slight shrug, as if to say: What can be done? He, too, turned away from the young woman to give his attention to his duty. A shuffling old man greeted the acolyte and he ushered him into a confessional.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

The insult hit Petros like a bag of bricks. He went from a kind smile to a grave frown in less then a second. He had known that some people thought like this, but he was shocked that an acolyte could be so harsh to a person that the One surely loved.

"I am so sorry that you had to hear something so terrible and wrong from one who is suppose to serve and love as the One serves and loves." Petros was angry and did not keep his voice down. He was not yelling, but he was not being quite about it either. "You are a wonderful person Azure and a creation of the One that loves you. Pay not attention to that one you are as much of a person if not more then he."

Petros was angry. This was exactly his problem with the Church. How can people who are suppose to spread the love of the One be so crude and uncaring toward others. Petros began to wonder if he had made the right decision in coming back, he was unsure he could deal with such unloving people. No, this is why he came back to make sure the love of the One was know to those the Church ignored. Petros exhaled his anger coming back under control.
Last edited by Petros on Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azure Stonehand
Civus

"How rewarding for you to be a man of service," Azure spoke to Petros happily. "I often am amazed that people of service sacrifice so much to live in the presence of the One. Its something to be deeply respected. I am glad you came back. It really is a pleasure to meet you."

Azure allowed the insult to pass over her, but not without a twang of anger. The anger made her face red and she bit her lip to keep from calling an insult back. One insult did not measure another to be just. She worked the anger out in her head with some difficulty, then sighed. The priest in the confessional was right, what could be done? She turned her attention to Petros' apology, feeling the red retreat from her face.

"Thank you for your kindness," She managed a smile. "I guess the One will eventually teach him the error of his ways...until then we can be blessed knowing what we feel is better than what he does." She sighed again and turned all of her attention to Petros and Anistis. "Now, we have much more important things to consider than what that man just said and did. Let's focus on that."
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Anistis
The Tender

Post by Anistis »

Anistis had wanted to reprimand the acolyte, but everything had happened so fast. Besides, he wasn't accustomed to reprimanding anyone. What the man had said was wrong, to be sure. He sighed; he'd heard plenty of talk like this, even from his superiors, growing up, sometimes stated if it were the will of Dominicus himself to be cruel to others. Anistis, however, could never reconcile these somewhat popular opinions with what he read in the Book of the One.

Petros seemed a good man. Anistis nodded in accordance with what he told Azure. He shook his head at the last utterance, though.

"Nobody is more of a person than anyone else. This, perhaps, is one of the most important aspects of the Dominican's assertion that he is the One God. If the One created all things and all life, we must acknowledge that we are all one as his creation, and thus individuals cannot be ranked one against another. All is one in the One. We should pray that our brother will come to realize this in time."
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros turned to face Anisits. He was unsure about what Azure had meant about more important matters, but he knew that he should address Anisits's concern it was valid after all.

"I did not mean to imply that one is physically more loved or more of a creation of the One then another. That would be wrong for we know that the One has created and loves all, and that he wishes all to know and be within his love. However, there is a distinction is how one treats and acts towards others. A person can operate in his or her will as more of a person or less of a person by the way they treat and act toward the other. In my statement I was not trying to say that our brother who made the comment was less loved by the One, but instead just stating that he was not operating within the will and love of the One when he made his comment."

Again Petros was a tiny bit angry at himself for not being more concise in his answer, but he did seem to have the problem of being long winded. Not wanting to bore Azure and feeling as if she was trying to get at something Petros addressed her saying. "What is it that is important to you that you wish to focus on?" Petros did not feel as if he were probing to deep because she had made the first move in her own statement.
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

Much had changed since the Jackal saw Brother Anistis last and much was there to confer. Would the news he'd be receiving from the young acolyte be as alarming as Father Marcus' information? Was it a happy fault, a felix culpa, that the Prodessean Church diverged its path from the Mother Church, or were they really damned to the Nether Hell, just as what Father Marcus said? How can we know the mind of Dominicus? Who is worthy to know? Was this His will? Silently, the dark achadhiel walked the corridors of the Basilica, he directed his steps to the last vestige of purpose he could cling to, and that was to eradicate the stains of the Cult that was on the verge of rising within the very midst of the One Church. Lord, is this your punishment for such iniquity? That we let this Cult, this abomination, fester the Holy church, your Holy kingdom? If it was, then redemption was at hand, for with fanatic purpose, he would stamp this Cult, and Tyrone would cut off the head of this cult as if it was the Nether Rat who tempted the First Woman, Justine* to sin, letting evil and wickedness into the Tether. Wasn't that the reason why women were incomplete, why women were the lowest creatures of God's creation. She, in her weakness, let herself be tempted and thus, Tazlure was cursed into profound iniquity.

Like a gray ghost, the Jackal tread the marbled hallways of the Basilica, his robe gray billowing behind him, his cowl was pulled low, hiding his dark achadhiel face -- the symbol of his sin -- in shadows. Brother Anistis was his purpose now, yet, fear crept within his troubled mind, fear that any news the young acolyte would tell might be more than he could handle. I will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, the Jackal stopped and silently mouthed the scripture as he passed before the main tabernacle of the Church. Instinctively, he genuflected before the altar and made the sign of the One, a circling gesture of his right hand over his forhead, lips and chest. Under Your wings, O Dominicus, my refuge, my courage, my shield. Encouraged by his zealous trust and faith in Dominicus, Tyrone gracefully stood up with a slight rustle of his robe and turned to silently walk towards the confessional booth, praying that Brother Anistis was still there.

And the young acolyte was. Yes, his purpose was at hand. Like a gaunt, gray ghost of a memory, Tyrone tread near but he paused and hesitated when he saw that the young acolyte was preoccupied with two others: A woman and a man. "Brother Anistis?" His voice was soft, sibilant and it carried through the slight distance between him and the group, and if they would all turn to him, Tyrone would give Azure and Petros a grave nod.

Yes, much had changed, and it was clearly seen through the gaunt appearance of the dark achadhiel, by the troubled gaze that lingered upon his fanatic eyes as he solemnly watched Anistis.

But how much would it further change?

"Brother Anistis, I have returned."
[hr][/hr]
*See Book of the One, The Book of Ortus.
Last edited by Tyrone on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]Avatar from:[url=http://artofphilwohr.blogspot.com/2007/08/redmist-castle-work.html]Phil Wohr[/url]
[hr][/hr]
[i][b]"Hate thy neighbours for they hate you even more."[/i][/b]
[hr][/hr]
Posting: Once/week[/size]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

After having been gone for a few burns to deliver the robes and food to Tyrone and Marcus, the young and rude acolyte came running through the church again, skidding to a stop on the slick wooden floor in the confessional area to find his friend once again. "He plans to see the [i]bishop!" The acolyte whispered hoarsly. "You would've believe him if you saw him.. he's got the wounds of self-mortification. He must have so many sins to cause for his scars and mutilation." Though the acolyte had not seen numerous scars, he was more than open about discussing them within earshot of the conversing group who could do nothing but express the love of Dominicus.

Zeynara stepped out of the confessional and wiped under her eyes at drying tears. Her face was somewhat puffy and red, for she'd cried her sins out of her before being given forgiveness from the priest. She moved over toward Azure and the others, giving a smile over to the newcomer, Petros. "Hello," she said, but almost as soon as she had a dark shadow came over her face.

Tyrone's visage loomed behind Petros, catching in the peripheral vision of both Azure and Anistis. "There he is!" The acolyte hissed toward his friend who hushed him and gave him a sharp elbow to the ribs.

Zenyara, meanwhile, clung close to Azure while Tyrone got Anistis' attention. Don't leave me to confess! She inwardly wished. She didn't want to be abandoned into the company of all these young men of varied sorts. Though... they did seem to all be members of the clergy. Did that not make them trustable? She tried her best to keep an open mind.
Anistis
The Tender

Post by Anistis »

Anistis barely heard anything the arrogant acolyte was saying. If he were a different sort of person, perhaps he would have wondered what manner of creature had died inside of the other acolyte's rectum, but as it was, Anistis gave no thought to it. At the sight of the monk's thin and bony form, a smile appeared on Anistis' face as if by magic and his eyes lit up like two jade lamps ignited in the space of a flicker.

"Tyrone!" he exclaimed, forgetting the monk's honoriffic out of excitement as he extended his hand for a firm handshake and subsequent embrace. "Thank the One you've arrived here safely!" He pulled back and his face softened slightly into an expression of concern. "How have you been? You look like you could use a meal.

"I'm sorry," he said, collecting himself. "Brother Tyrone, these are Azure Stonehand, Zeynara, and Petros. Azure, Zeynara, Petros, this is Brother Tyrone.

"There's much we have to talk about, Brother," Anistis told Tyrone. "I'm here, in fact, to discuss some very serious matters with the Bishop; since you were involved in these matters beforehand, perhaps you should come with me. ...We might need to get you cleaned up a bit first, though," he said, eyeing the dark achadiel's pitiable appearance.

"You've both come to King's Court at a time of uncetainty," Anistis continued, addressing both Tyrone and Petros. "I'm sure that Father Marcus told you, Brother Tyrone, of the schism between Mother Church and the Purificatio." He placed a hand on Tyrone's shoulder. This schism was unprecedented, and as a member of the Purificatio, it must have been devastating for Tyrone. Anistis, for his part, had heard enough gossip about the Prodessean Diocese from grumbling priests since the split had happened to gather that much of what they preached was wrong by Anistis' estimation. Nevertheless, they were still brothers in worship of the One God.

"Don't worry; as long as all in the Church continue to seek the will of the One, He will lead us to truth."

But why are you silent now, O Lord, when Your Church needs You the most?

The thought had come to Anistis unbidden and for him seemed to echo off of the walls and vaulted celings of the Basilica.

He pushed the nagging thought from his mind, turning to Zeynara, concerned because she still appeared upset. "I hope you feel more at ease now, having laid your burdens upon Dominicus."
Azure Stonehand
Civus

Azure suddenly felt like she was intruding on a reunion between two old friends. This great discomfort caused her to shift her weight nervously from one foot to the other. She looked at the dark achadhiel in sudden awe and respect, as it was so rare to see one in the robes of the One. She was immediately stricken by his dark beauty and she couldn't help but stare for a few flickers longer than was polite. She nodded back dumbly, then immediately felt she should say something.

She was about to greet the man but she noticed the rude acolyte had returned. His words bothered Azure so much she could feel the anger rising like a fire within her. For a flicker, she was caught in the rising ire until she heard Zeyanara coming out of the confessional. Seeing her tear stained cheeks left Azure with a pang in her heart for her friend. She hated to see the people she cared about be hurt in any way.

Unfortunately she briefly felt torn between openly strangling the rude acolyte and running to Zeyanara with a comforting hug. The latter won out, as it wouldn't do to strangle a member of the clergy for being so obviously ignorant...especially in front of all these people. She gave her friend a hug and asked in a low whisper: "Is there anything I can do to make you feel better? Did the confession help?"
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

Overwhelmed by the warm greetings from Brother Anistis, Tyrone stiffened, not sure of how to react from his quick embrace. Although he was brought up in a solemn camaraderie and profound brotherhood, close physical contact was frowned back in his cloistered monastery. Furthermore, this talk of feeding him and bathing him puzzled him even more, he wasn’t sure if he would be offended or not. But, judging from the sincerity of the young acolyte before him, the Jackal judged it to be just a genuine concern for his well-being, a feeling he couldn’t yet understand for he was an achadhiel who deemed himself unworthy of such treatment. “May Dominicus be with you, Brother Anistis, I thank you for your sincere welcome.” The young acolyte monk of the Prodessean Church replied, his voice but a sibilant murmur as he stepped back uncomfortably, unsure how to respond to such warm behavior. “I had broken my fast with a morsel of bread and the priest I had met earlier had given me this robe as a temporary replacement.”

And when Anistis introduced him, the Jackal gave Azure, Zeynara and Petros another grave nod and greeted them. “May the grace of Dominicus shine upon you.” With a profound anguish clearly etched upon his dark achadhiel face, Tyrone listened to the young brother talk of the schism of the One Church. He wanted to flee and hide beneath the very soil and pull the stones and rock on top of him. He almost flinched when Anistis reached for his shoulder, expecting to be punished for the sins of his brother Prodessean monks. Shame-facedly, Tyrone averted his brown eyes and was about to beat his chest in profound mortification when he heard Anistis gentle voice continued.

Anistis wrote:"Don't worry; as long as all in the Church continue to seek the will of the One, He will lead us to truth."

“You are truly a servant of the Lord God, Dominicus." Tyrone replied, turning to face the young acolyte with unshed tears filling his fanatic eyes that carried remorse and deep torment, "For you have forgiven my sins and the sins of my brothers. I am not worthy to be..." He trailed off when he noticed two other acolytes gawking at him and whispering loudly of him.

Another Acolyte wrote:"You would've believe him if you saw him.. he's got the wounds of self-mortification. He must have so many sins to cause for his scars and mutilation."

Right then and there before Anistis, Tyrone closed his eyes in deepest shame. The scars and lashes on his back were many, uncountable, as many as the sins he carried, but the biggest sin he carried was his half-heritage clearly seen to be noticed by everyone. Lord, when shall I be redeemed of such iniquity? When shall I be saved from such sin? Despair filled him once more, shame that he was tainting the very holiness of the Basilica and staining the spotless virtues of his fellow Brothers Anistis and Petros. Let my sins be forgiven! Let tazlure be redeemed by your hand, O Dominicus!

"Yes, there is much to talk about, Brother Anistis." The Jackal continued, shamefully pulling his cowl low to cover his face and his iniquities. "But, is this the right place for us to talk?" His fanatic, zealous eyes glanced at the two acolyte distrustfully as if to say that the Cult was rising within the very midst of the Church. With a slight frown, he glanced at Petros. And Azure, albeit a lowly woman, she seemed devout and pious enough, a woman who seemed to follow the doctrines of the church to fully absolve the sins of her unhappy feminity.

Can they be trusted? He returned his gaze back to Anistis, conveying his doubts with but a mere zealous look.
[hr][/hr]
ooc: Hey Ani, would you like to start our thread for the Bishop Lazos so we can immediately start with him? I'm pretty sure you and Azure shall be joining the Merchant Boys on the next day so that will leave Petros for me to corrupt! Er--- What I meant was, to show the true path of the One! Yes!
Last edited by Tyrone on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[size=75]Avatar from:[url=http://artofphilwohr.blogspot.com/2007/08/redmist-castle-work.html]Phil Wohr[/url]
[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros had been facing away from Tyrone as he approached them and did not see or hear his approach. When Tyrone said
"Brother Anistis, I have returned"
Petros became aware that there was someone behind him and he turned to greet the new comer with a smile.

Petros was shocked at the look of this one but did not equate his look with the burden of being a heathen or a dirty sinner not deserving of love for such a thought would never occur to Petros. Instead Petros saw a weak man who looked in need of help, nourishment, and love. Petros was taken with the self inflicted wounds but he knew that such things took place and he did not dwell on such things.

Anistis greeted Tyrone as a brother and it appeared to Petros that Anisitis was very found of Tyrone. Anisits then addressed Petros again and Petros was shocked to hear about the break in the Church. He grew depressed and wondered how such a thing could happen. His smile faded and it was visible on his face that Petros was disturbed by this news. He mumbled under his breath "Oh, great, One lead us help us be with us."

Petros was moved when Tyrone started weeping. This man is of great faith and of great doubt how much we should all be like him. Petros moved out his hand to comfort but moved it back quickly as realized he did not know this man and his actions may seem inappropriate he would let Anistis minister and comfort Tyrone for they already had a relationship. Tyrone seemed to calm himself and the conversation moved on to what seemed to be more personal topics and Tyrone seemed uncomfortable talking in front of this group. "It seems you wish to have some time with Anistis. I am sorry for intruding I will be on my way. Anistis before I go would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of someone who could find me housing for the night."
Last edited by Petros on Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anistis
The Tender

Post by Anistis »

Upon seeing Tyrone's pained reaction to the words of the whispering acolyte behind him, Anistis' jaw set. Anger was not a common emotion for Anistis, but this acolyte had crossed a line with his slander.

"If you hurry, you may be able to catch Father Marcus," he said to Petros, somewhat distractedly, "Or you could speak with whomever is in the confessional box right now. And you're right, Brother Tyrone; we should speak somewhere else. ...Excuse me for a moment."

In a few quick, purposeful steps, Anistis made his way to the pair of acolytes. He placed a firm hand on this oh-so-prolific conversationalist's shoulder.

"Brother, I'd like to speak to you for a moment."

If the acolyte would follow him, Anistis would take him aside and gaze at him with disapproving eyes that burned holes in his.

"Hold your tounge!" he demanded in a hushed voice that was nonetheless filled with anger. "Bianka, the redeemed prostitute written of in the Book of the One, was wise when she challenged those who would still condemn her for her past sins and said, 'You cannot deny me access here. All of His children are permitted to enter, for His Temple is within us; not within your hallowed walls.'

"The One forgives all penitent sinners, brother. If Dominicus Himself has forgiven one's sins, then who do you think you are to withhold that forgivness yourself? A god? Such arrogance borders on blasphemy, brother, and if you cannot at least keep silent about your unjust judgment, then I'm sure we can find a priest nearby with whom we can discuss the matter."

OOC: Yeah, Ty, we can do that, so long as it's cool with Ash. I'm not sure if we'll be spilling over into early eveningtide or what, though, since we're pretty late into the tradetide at this point.
Last edited by Anistis on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrone
The Jackal

Post by Tyrone »

He could see the zealous wrath forming upon Anistis face and for a flicker of moment, for just a tiny flicker of that instant, the Jackal's heart sang and his fanatic eyes gleamed maliciously with fanatic approval, as if his faith was being fed by the anger that the young acolyte was showing, but, as suddenly as the emotion appeared, it was quickly overshadowed by fear, fear of the confrontation between Anistis and the other acolyte, fear that he had caused another schism between the One Church.

No, this wrath is wrong! The Jackal thought with growing alarm as he watched Anistis turned to face the other acolyte. This is all wrong! He turned to face Petros with panic in his zealous eyes, seeking for whatever aid he may bring. The One's Wrath should be thrown to the wicked, heathens, pagans, idolaters and the unfortunate souls of women. Brothers of the One should not fight each other. Was he not truly a sinner? Was he not truly damned to the Nether Hell? Was he not fully drowned in sin? Then, this confrontation was null and void, a pointless act of the One's Wrath. "No, Brother Anisti--" Tyrone called out but his voice died, seeing the resolute manner in which the acolyte Anistis turned and strode silently towards the other acolyte. I do not like this confrontation! He almost screamed, Let it go, I am a sinner!

Helpless, the Jackal turned once more to Brother Petros. "Stay here but a flicker, Brother Petros, or if you want..." Slowly, he trailed off. What could he tell him? He was a lost sheep, a sinner with no path to take. With a worried frown, he turned with a soft rustle of his gray robe and silently followed Brother Anistis, praying that he was not too late.

But he was indeed already late.

"No, Brother Anistis..." The Jackal's voice entered the scene, he slowly shook his solemn and grave face. "This is wrong, brothers should not fight brothers. Are we not of the same faith? Are we not brothers in the Eye of the One? What he says is the truth, Brother Anistis..."

Slowly, he turned those eyes towards the other acolyte who had accused him and held him with his fanatic stare. "I see your faith becomes you, my brother." Tyrone declared zealously to the other acolyte, his face full of innnocent fanaticism. "Such faith and belief in the Lord God has touched me in my deepest sinful heart. I shall call upon you in the evening hour for the rite of Vesper so that, just the two of us, together, we may pray. I shall let you hold the scourge so that you may flog my back and whip my profound sins away, my dark blood spraying upon your face and staining your robe. I for one shall lend you cilice. Will you do this for me, brother? For the purification of my iniquities and for the glory of God, Dominicus? If so, I shall fortuitously look for you and we shall speak of this anon."

"I beg of you, turn away from such wrath, come back and cast this righteous anger away, Brother Anistis." He pleaded as he returned his attention back to the acolyte priest. "And let us speak of what had happened with what I had conferred with you since I saw you last for the Bishop of Lazos and the kindly priest wait for us.
[hr][/hr]
ooc: Okies. We'll wait for Ashy's signal.
Last edited by Tyrone on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[hr][/hr]
[hr][/hr]
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros watched as Anistis went to reprimand the other acolyte. He saw a look he took for terror on Tyrone's face and he was concerned. What is it that Brother Tyrone sees? What is it he is afraid of?

Then he saw it Tyrone was afraid of argument within the Church. The fight between Anistis and the very loud acolyte was to Tyrone, Petros thought, a symbol of the larger separation within the Church. Tyrone was still in too much pain to see that sometimes people had to be corrected. What this acolyte had said was dangerous and did need to be corrected, Petros did not see it as a potential break in the Church, but could understand Tyrone's pain as it was still so fresh.

Petros was taken when Tyrone asked him to stay. What is it that he wishes of me? Then Tyrone walked to Anistis and the other acolyte. Petros followed behind Tyrone. He listened to Tyrone as he claimed his sin and asked to be punished for it.

"Tyrone, you can't. You may be a sinner, but it is not because of your race. We are all in the wrong here, but the One loves us all that is where we find our oneness not in our selfs. Please do not belittle yourself. You, Brother." Petros pointed at the other acolyte "You should know better then to hurt one of Dominicus's creations and servant." Petros brought his hand back and placed it onto Tyrone's shoulder and said "You are loved by the One Brother."
Last edited by Petros on Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The xenophobic acolyte was a thin young man by the name of Clive Finch. He had dark hair, cut so short his scalp showed, and his eyes were beady. His skin was sallow - he spent most his time indoors - but as he was given the nether's treatment from the other acolyte Anistis (and would-be acolyte Petros) he merely rolled his eyes. Tyrone's words, however, struck some chord in him as the dark achadhiel suggested that Clive join him in prayer and asked him to beat the sins from his body. His eyes grew wide, there was an immediate and base urge to take the lowly creature up on the idea, and the smile that spread across his lips at the mental image sealed it. Yes... I could show you exactly what your sins are, beast.. and how little you are in the eyes of the One. But Petros' enflamed rightiousness won over in the end, and he stiffly removed himself from the grasp of any who chose to latch onto him in any way.

"Excuse me, I have important matters to attend to - quite unlike you lot," he said with an insipid drawl before turning on his heel and heading back from where he'd come.

For his part, the neutral acolyte shrugged, and gave his full attention to his duty, which he took pride in, as he lit a candle next to the confessional.

As she was introduced, Zeynara curtseyed, for it was the polite thing to do. She didn't meet Tyrone's appraising and harsh gray gaze, and instead tugged at Azure's elbow. "I do feel better. Will you be taking confession now, too?" Whatever Azure wanted to do, Zeynara hoped it would be away from their current company, and by that, she mostly was thinking of Tyrone.

OOC: Anistis & Tyrone, you may move onto Meeting Bishop Lazos whenever you're ready!

Return to “KC Archive”