Aboard the Merchant Vessel (JY 30, GT) - Damon Frank QC

The glorious Summer City upon the white cliffs of the magical Mer de la Luna in the Western Kingdom that harbours many nobles. Home to the Summer Palace of the former King as well as vineyards that produce the city's famous wines. Anything is possible here, if you are willing to bring the right sacrifices.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Aboard the Merchant Vessel (JY 30, GT) - Damon Frank QC

Post by Haikan »

As Frank launched himself onto the deck he somersaulted head over heels and regained his balance, throwing himself to his feet and looking around. What he saw was a large hulking orc facing the other direction, which matched his height and girth sufficiently. There was something sticking out of his back, however. It was a sword, covered in blood, and in front of the orc there was an abnormally tall but thin-figured male achadhiel, who held the sword in his hands, and stood bravely in front of a cowering woman, who appeared to be a very cute young adhiel lady.

Damon's sword slid out of the orc's torso and he wailed in agony. "Fuck you! Grugh!!"

Esther quietly thanked her rescuer. "Damon, you saved me, you are a hero!" Esther was still trembling with fear, and her voice was shaky and breathy, but she seemed relieved, the ever-beautiful creature that she was.

James whispered hoarsely. "You could have been a bit more cautious, boy!" And almost on cue, a light turned on in the cabin, and the sound of several pairs of feet stamping against wood below the deck could be heard.

Celeste flew down at that moment onto Frank's shoulder. "Damon, DAMON!" She shouted, knowing Damon had a tendency to be oblivious to things. "..>These people can help you!" She spoke and then she buzzed away into the sky once more.
Last edited by Haikan on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

Damon barely avoided the blow from large orc, which would have probably cleaved his head of cleanly, sending it to the sea to join Waiga down at the bottom. His simple move worked, faster than the bulk of muscle, he was just and just able to duck under the blow. His sword plunged in deep, maybe not practically where he'd aimed, but it still came from the other side as he no longer felt any resistance to the blade's slide. He pulled it out immediately, stepping back in wait for retaliation; none came. He didn't answer Esther, however, with a new problem arising immediately as the present had been covered.

His eyes could not miss the figure, not far off from him and Esther; colossal like the orc he'd just mortally wounded. It was a half-giant, very recognizable even from the distance. He bore no resentment towards the people, heck, he'd met only one and that had been his father's partner in crime so as to say. However, he was ready to take no chances, no matter how amiable the first introduction had been.

His first initiative was to taunt the big oaf, thinking he was but a partner of these orcs, and thereby maybe get him to strike first. He saw the hammers on the belt, which he doubted he could have even lifted, but the big fellow would have easily tossed across to send him to sleep straight.

Then came the sounds from the cabin, in accordance with the lights being turned on, and he could detect a number of people inside. He had no idea what they were doing, but it surely wasn't anything good. Damon wasn't sure whether to deal with the half-giant quickly, wait for the people in the cabin, or abandon ship with Esther.

Yet, it was Celeste who saved the day.
"Are you here to help me, or are you here to help them?" He demanded of Frank, gesturing with his left hand towards the cabin. He had instinctively stepped in between him and Esther, blocking his line of sight to her, and neither was his sword arm lowered just yet as he eyed the half-giant with suspicion.
Time fades, even legend...
Frank
Civus

Post by Frank »

Frank looked around at the abnormally tall Achadhiel and the Orc confused. These don't look like merchants I've ever seen... Impressive for such a skinny half-giant to defeat an Orc! He saw the gigantic bloody figure in front of him, and heard the footsteps. Panicking, he grabbed the throat of the Orc with his right hand and pulled its right arm behind it with his left, twisting it hard. "Fancy man, get up here!" At least I have a hostage... then again, does that gain me anything?

"Hey, skinny, make yourself scarce!" The half-giant eyed the space right next to the door of the cabin, hinting for him to hide behind it, readying an ambush. "You can pull a fast one that way." Although he hoped the approaching monsters wouldn't hear them, based on the hastiness of their approach, he wasn't that worried about it. I hope there aren't too many. I'm sure James will come and save us.
Quinlan Corodin
Condotierre Lieutenant

Post by Quinlan Corodin »

Quinlan reached over and hooked his long arms over the deck railing. They seemed lucky so far. He could only see one orc on deck, in the half giant's grasp and not in very good shape. The other two on board - one of them Damon, from the bird's disconcerting cries - were a surprise to see. He wanted to ask if they were part of the crew, but the sound of rumbling footsteps said there was no time.

"Places! They're coming!" he practically hissed.

Frank's idea was as good as any, and QC bounded in long strides to the other side of the cabin door from Damon. Slowly he drew his schlaeger, and pressed his back against the cabin wall.

If these orcs were anything like the one at the arena earlier that day, then their surrender was too much to hope for. For the sake of any crew or passengers still on the ship, the orcs had to be driven off, or killed to the last.

Quinlan felt the rush in his body. He forced himself to take deep, slow breaths, and relax his muscles. Tense muscles were slower, and those rumbling footsteps would emerge any moment.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Esther got up and looked at Damon, and then at Quinlan, with a look of fear on her face as they prepared to attack. "No, guys! Wait a second!" But as she shouted that the door was rapped upon and there was the sound of scrambling feet and grunting, and snorting. The door was shaking from the blows it was taking, and finally it was kicked off the hinges and a large figure stood in the doorway at the top of a flight of stairs, nothing but a black silouhette against the light inside the cabin. His shadow stretched across the deck, and even flowed over the front edge of the ship, eventually melting into the night. The large man grunted and flexed his muscles, and it sounded like several others were climbing the stairs behind him.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

Damn Dominicus, what is that?! He asked himself, seeing the large figure stand against but as a mere shroud of shadows before them all. It had 'opened' the door with such considerable force that the door now lay before them on the deck. He sincerely hoped it was just another orc, or half-giant, and whatever it happened to be; a crew of its fellows were following it up the stairs.

Damon had noticed the young human just before he'd taken a strategic position by the cabin's wall. He, however, hadn't been blessed with such and he stood along with Esther out on the open deck in clear limelight so as to say.

"Esther, stand back." He said to her, taking up a new stance against whatever the hulk was and its friends.

From the corner of his eyes, he noticed Frank holding the orc by its throat and one of its arms; a hostage he presumed. Quinlan was still apparently by the cabin wall, though he didn't bother to look.

"What a perfectly beautiful day this has been." He muttered under his breath, his father's sword brandished once more in his right hand.[/i]
Frank
Civus

Post by Frank »

Frank refrained from making eye contact with Fancy Man, lest he give away his position. What do I do?! I could barter the life of my hostage, but he's not long for this world anyway... Fiddlesticks! What is James doing?

Frank gripped the hostage orc's arm, and thought of grabbing one of the blades Navirez gave him. Don't want to risk his escape, then I'm completely exposed. But what about skinny? And what 'bout the girlie thing? They're out in the open with nothing to protect them... I can't sit here like a coward while they're open to be grabbed as hostages... They know we're more likely to cave to hostage demands then they are... The half giant's brow furrowed and he clenched his teeth. It was time to do the only thing he really knew how to do.

Frank shoved the Orc over one of his legs, forcing a gap between its feet and the ground, and he removed the hand from his throat. He instead grabbed its lower leg (with the other hand still securely on his arm) and spun the monster around his body, using his legs and back to spin it rather than his arms that might not be strong enough. "Here," he said, and with a loud scream he released the monster, sending it through the air straight toward the door in which the proud dark figure stood. "Catch!"

With the monster now in the air, he drew a hammer in his right hand and an axe in the left, prepared for the worst.
Last edited by Frank on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quinlan Corodin
Condotierre Lieutenant

Quinlan tried to quiet even his breathing as the shadow grew in the cabin doorway. The feeling of dread at the thought of facing off against several of the brutes could not be ignored. No, I won't need any other equipment, I thought. Probably won't see a thing tonight, I thought. Quinlan flexed his fingers on the grip of his sword.

Damon hadn't gone along with Frank's suggestion, so for better or worse, the fighters were spread out over the bow of the ship. Even as he readied himself for marauding orcs to stomp out from the lower deck, in the back of his mind he wondered, What was that girl yelling about? And was that cabin door locked? Why would it be...

Quinlan wished they had at least a good look at whoever was on their way up. As Frank muscled his wounded captive around, Quinlan cringed a bit and waited for the resulting crash. The half giant certainly had his own brand of fighting.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The nearly dead orc was not resisting as much as he could. He was very confused and Frank managed to throw him at the doorway, although he crashed into the lintel above the open door instead of hitting the target, splashing blood from his gutwound across the doorframe, and he landed on the ground, face up.

"...Fuck... Sorry boss..." That was all he said. The man in the doorway had a large green hand on his head from behind, and he was pushed out into the open, with what was now visible as an even larger orc behind him, twisting his arm and clutching the top of his head. The man-hostage was a human, but a large and fat one, around Quinlan's height, and Frank's width in fat. It was Ralph, Frank's supervisor from the Waterworks. The large standing orc was still safely in the doorway, with the hostage as a blockade. He looked at the dying one in front of him. Then he looked at Damon, standing with his sword.

"Barkul! Wait, where's Waiga!?" He looked around but didn't find him. "Damon, you're dead!" He shouted and his cry reverberated off of the land that was behind them. He twisted his hand with the scalp of the hostage in it and the human began to yelp with fear and protest.

"Wait don't kill me! I ca-" And his protest was cut off as his head was literally twisted off of his shoulders, spraying blood all over the orc's forearms and chest. The orc threw it overboard and cackled as the body slumped to the ground.

"Seems like a fair trade to me. You kill my bodyguard, I kill this fat useless human..." He licked the blood off his forearm and began to walk back down the stairs.

"Kill them."

On the sail there were two orcs that had been waiting the entire time. They jumped down and one landed right in front of Damon, rearing his arm back and launching it forward to punch the freelancer square in the nose. The other landed right on top of Frank, kicking him hard with both feet in the chest as he fell, jarring him and causing sharp pain in his chest, as well as forcing him to move back, if not fall down. The reckless move caused the orc to land haphazardly on his backside and grunt in pain, but he swiftly began to refoot himself.

Two other orcs walked out of the stairwell, stepping over Barkul without a second thought or acknowledgement, wielding disgusting grins on their faces. "Boss is gonna let us kill these pukes! Let's do this!" The one to the right and therefore next to Quinlan punched his fist into his palm and licked his lips while looking at the girl. "Maybe I should kill you first, pretty lady." The other was obstructed from Quinlan's view from the prior orc, but none of them seemed to have any weapons.

Esther just stood up, still behind Damon, with tears streaming down her face and a look of pure, clean, hatred at the orcs.

OOC: This thread is now impassable
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

Damon watched pitilessly at the dying orc displayed upon the floor of the deck, in front of the large figure, which to his dismay proved to be that of a tall but obese human. He had no idea who the person was, yet he could not but feel the pity he'd withdrawn from the orc towards the captive.

He was held by an orc immense in its physique, and not anymore the handsome than the previous.
They just get worse and worse here, damn.

He was shocked to hear it address him by his name, even if it soon receded, remembering he had given his name out willingly.
You idiot. He scolded himself. Well, at least he had sold out his last name wisely.

Damon remained silent when the orc proceeded to kill the captive by brutally snapping Ralph's neck, not only stopping there, but actually ripping the head clean off the shoulders. The mere display of such bodily strength was amazing, a feat he would never be able to perform no matter how hard he'd train.

He didn't know how he kept his temper in control, or his emotions in the sway of his mind, for all the young achadhiel wanted to do was to sink his blade deep beneath the putrid green flesh and twist. Twist and twist until only wails of agony would be heard throughout Roque and beyond, while he would-

Esther, remember her. She held his fury at bay, and had him rooted to the spot. Protect; protect her, Damon. His subconscious added, returning back his calm and calculation, for the human was dead, and unchecked rage would be his Death.

"Kill them."

Immediately after the command, an orc landed in front of him, while he distinctly heard a distinct sound of something large crashing against something huge; it was coming from Frank's direction, but he had no time to see what was wrong. Two other orcs were also ascending the stairs, though this was then oblivious to him; a nice sized fist aiming to connect with his mother's highly sensual, but frail nose.

Only half of a split flicker's decision was given to him right then. Esther was still behind him, close to him as he felt the warmth of her body against his, and ducking once more would be idiotic since he doubted her instincts were as keen as his.

Trying recapture that moment of purely divine reflexes and speed, he attempted to somewhat leap backwards with the little momentum he'd gathered, sending likely both of them down to the deck's hard wooden floor. He wasn't sure however, whether the punch would miss him, since he'd been so cleverly surprised.
Frank
Civus

Post by Frank »

Frank grimaced at the gruesome scene he'd caused, and had he had time to think, he'd feel guilty for causing such unnecessary agony. Though he missed his mark, he thought that could at least buy time. Things were much worse than he could have imagined. Emerging from the cabin was none other than his trusted and hard-working instructor, Ralph, with a big ugly Orc wrapped around him.

"Ralph, No!" Frank dropped his weapons without thinking as the horror struck him, knowing he couldn't stop the monster. The hostage situation he thought he was preventing was now upon him. His eyes widened and he let out a scream that he himself couldn't even hear, as the Orc brutally twisted off his teacher's head- time stopped. The Orc threw the head overboard and Frank was about to throw up. He was a Half-Giant, but he had a strong aversion to violence. He'd never imagined anything like this... The orc he'd finished off was the reason. He was the reason Ralph had to die... I'm the reason Ralph is dead!

"How can you call that even!? The blood on the hands of that Orc massively outweigh his own that we spilled.... Ralph never hurt anybody!" Frank's head sank and he didn't even notice the monster walking downstairs. His teeth bared and he began breathing heavily. How... I MUST avenge him, I must destroy them... but how!? They're more trained in combat than I, not to mention more numerous! HOW!? As much as he hated violence... It looked like his father's blood- boiling within him- was about to have its way. The voice of the monster echoed like a starting bell.

"Kill them"

His question was answered for him. He received a jarring kick to the chest, sending him falling backwards. As he was falling, he grabbed the rope that was still secured to the sail... right behind the Orc... He used the rope to regain his balance and stopped near the edge of the boat. As the Orc was trying to right himself he yanked the rope as hard as he could right through the feet of the unsteady Orc. As it fell, without changing his facial expression once from the silent fury it contained, Frank grabbed the back of its shirt and wound the rope around its neck, pulling harder than he ever would in a normal state of mind. Unless the Orc did something to stop him, he'd then tie a knot around its neck and kick it behind him- over the side of the boat- hanging it to death.

As he wound the rope around the beast's neck, he said to his comrades in a shaking, hateful voice...

"Kill them."
Last edited by Frank on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quinlan Corodin
Condotierre Lieutenant

Barkul the orc skidded up to the cabin, and Quinlan waited with bated breath through the verbal fighting that came before the main event. But, as he had begun to fear, there were more than orcs to appear in the doorway. Before anyone could react, their poor, portly captive was horrendously killed. Frank wailed, and Quinlan willed the massive man, Hold it together.

Spattering blood, falling bodies, Quinlan had heard that sound before. His own blood surged again. The anxiety of a coming fight melted away. It was time to perform. The raiders had crossed far beyond the line; from him, there would be no warnings, no spared strokes.

The two orcs dropping in from overhead were a surprise. The orcs had shown their ruthlessness many times by now, and with the possibility of other captives and more unknown orcs, victory would have to be counted in quick, decisive kills. But the odds did not yet worry him. Damon apparently knew how to kill an orc, much to Barkul's misfortune. Frank's power was a marvel, and Quinlan judged him a match for the biggest of these brutes in single combat. And Quinlan himself, yet unnoticed...

The former officer believed there was a time for noble dueling, man-to-man. This was not one.
"Maybe I should kill you first, pretty lady."

He would taste the futility of his gibe, if Quinlan had anything to do with it. Without so much as a grunt, he turned and attacked with a short lunge, that the long, nimble blade of his schlaeger might thrust into the side of the brute's thick neck.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Damon managed to jump back, but it merely changed the area where he recieved the blow. Not quite fast enough to fully dodge, the orc pounded him squarely in the chest, knocking him and Esther both back onto the ground. Esther was laying, back against the deck, with Damon on top of her, back against her front. The attacking orc reached behind him and pulled out a handgun from a sack on his belt. The device was clearly from World's Mouth, and it was a well-known corpse-maker. The orc grunted and he pointed it at Damon. Esther shrieked but was completely subdued by Damon's body being on top of her.

"Damon, I think you should ask for help!" She wailed, deeply concerned and terrified of the explosion of lead that was near in their future. Tears were pouring down her cheeks and she continued, as the orc licked his lips with bloodlust and his cocky grin tormented her soul. "Do it, Damon, DO IT!" She screamed, and the glittering cloud that resembled the ties of tether to the aether was circling over the orc's head.

Frank's maneuver was clever, and he successfully wrapped the rope around his enemy's neck, however the orc was not going to allow him to throw him overboard. Quite to the contrary, he punched Frank in the stomach, which hurt, though not as much as it would one of the weaker races. Frank's thick skin and muscle gave him somewhat of a cushion, although there was definitely a wincing pain. The orc then grabbed his shoulder, and pulled to the right, trying to wrestle Frank to the ground.

Quinlan's opponent had no idea what hit him. With no attempt to dodge- or any awareness of Quin's presence at all, the blade went through the side of his neck clean, and severed his jugular vein, causing an elegant fountain of blood to blast upwards, smattering Quin's shirt.

"Gordo!" The orc next to him shouted. "Fuckin' sneaky human, hope you're ready!" He shouted and he also pulled out a gun, but he was holding it by the barrel, obviously unaware of how the device worked. He was prepared to use it as a club. He raised it over his head and jumped toward Quinlan, pulling it down swiftly with hopes to knock him unconscious.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

Just as he'd expected, subconsciously though; the blow missed his nose, yes, but it didn't miss him. His jump had been somewhat successful, since the orc's full force wasn't inflicted upon him, yet the brute possessed enough strength in his punch to send him down to the floor of the deck. Damon landed directly on top Esther, having slight difficulties to breathe, though he doubted any of his bones or internal organs were damaged beyond repair as he wasn't in that much of pain.
Or maybe I'm dying, that is why I'm feeling no pain. He thought dryly, getting his breathing under control eventually.

What the hell is that?
The young man could only stare in awe at the strange gizmo held in the orc's hands. Smart and fast enough by his wits, he was able to deduce it was some sort of device that shot out something, not that he was interested to know right now what came out. Glazed, he stared into the black hole of the handgun's mouth, waiting for whatever was to come out.

If he'd been thirty years older, he would have resigned already. Young, full of vitality and a fervent energy to life right now; Damon wasn't ready to die yet. He still had many things to do; many things.
His agility and swift feet would not aid him here, the projectile was infinitely faster than him in any equation derived here; killing him in any of the scenarios. There had to be another way of doing this, for even his sword which was limply held in his right could not save him now.

"Damon, I think you should ask for help!"; "Do it, Damon, DO IT!"

It was Esther in voice, telling him to-
Ask for help?
Of course, he knew what she meant that instant. But, he didn't want to; didn't want to go on his knees and beg. Beg for mercy, beg for their attention; beg and beg, until he could only answer with a stream of tears.
However, it was all he could do. Esther was hysterical, clearly unused to the rush of adrenaline within her body, therefore unable to lend him assistance at the moment.

Have to do it yourself. His subconscious told him, and for once, he fully agreed.

The achadhiel began to concentrate, closing his eyes, and with the speed of thought began to reach for the spirits that surrounded them; he sought for the connection to the aether, and got it. A glimmering cloud hung above the orc, all seemed to slow down, as he began to speak to the spirit though he didn't speak in a manner of the corporeal, rather he channelled his thoughts to the spirits.

"Please, benevolent denizens of the spirit world." He started off clumsily, not really sure how one should speak to the spirits.

"I ask for your help, and I know some of you may recognize me, the very person who refused you earlier. I know my ignorance now, and...ask for your undivided attention, as well as a favour from you, kind spirits. I am about to die, yet that is not all, but your very good friend, Esther is in deep trouble here with me. Could you grant me your power and strike down my foe, for he knows no mercy as you do? Please, if not for the sake of one as stupid and ignorant as me, than for you dear friend, Esther. I please ask of you; no I beg of you..."

He wasn't sure what to expect really. After asking the aether for help, he thought of what he wanted to happen to the orc.
Let his device explode in his hands; his face be eaten alive; let the tides swallow him etc. He listed but a thousand things, after which he opened his eyes, waiting to see what might happen next.
Last edited by Damon Ryot on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank
Civus

Post by Frank »

Frank didn't even make a sound when he was punched in the stomach; he was beyond that now. He looked the beast directly in the eye and the second the fist hit his flesh, he winced from the pain, but tripled the force of the pull around the neck of his enemy. The pain magnified his jerking reflex to pull the rope tight, and his vision was beginning to turn red. Words were hard to even think of at this point; Frank's emotions as a whole were slain the second his teacher was murdered. Now, killing these monsters was nothing to his conscience. It was a practical situation that he had to address callously. If he felt anything even for a second, he would lose.

He feigned a stumble, letting the monster think he was about to go down. If I don't let go of these ropes he's going to throw me down on the deck, I can't stand much longer... There has to be a way... There is a way.

As he stumbled backward, he made eye contact again and said softly:

"Hang tight"

With that he let himself fall overboard, attempting to pull the orc with him. The orc's grapple and shove actually gave him the inertia to pull it down. If and when they fell, Frank would twist his hand in the rope to form a more secure grip, and then he would look away from the monster as the rope went taut with his weight, leaving the creature about five feet above Frank and five yards below the bow of the ship. Though this would not cause an instant death, it would most certainly cause a painful one.

Hang on Fancy Man, I'll be there soon...
Last edited by Frank on Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Quinlan Corodin
Condotierre Lieutenant

Just a hint of resistance as the schlaeger pierced Gordo's neck, silencing him. Never did he have the chance to make good on his threat. Another fluid motion to draw the sword back, and ready again. It was hardly finished with its bloody work.

The first surprise attack was the last, as the kill would not be overlooked by the next orc. The weapon he drew was one Quinlan had seen before, in the Nashorne Institute in World's Mouth. The Condotierre armory was where he first saw that fiendish weapon, and the familiar shape made the swordsman's heart jump in alarm. Hand cannon, his memory warned.

But the orc had it turned the wrong way round. Was it primed? Loaded? Did the lout even know what it was? There was no time to puzzle it over. The orc was coming, and a bludgeoning was more than deadly enough.

Coherent thought did not flow easily in combat. But from his calves through his spine to the grip in his hand, a feeling seethed. Yes, come for me.

A weakling Quinlan was not, but trying to block or parry the thug's meaty arm was not at all sensible. Quinlan dodged back and away to his right, away from the cabin and stairs. He made no attempt at countering. His only intent seemed to be getting clear of the overhead strike and putting some distance between the two of them.

About three strides distance in particular, with eyes wide in something approaching a classic expression of whatever shall I do?
Last edited by Quinlan Corodin on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Quinlan successfully dodged out of the way, and his opponent's attack came down and bashed Gordo's already unliving head, causing him to fall onto the growing pile of dead bodies that blockaded the door. Now, Barkul, Ralph, and Gordo, three very large bodies to begin with, almost completely blockaded the door, blood soaking the pile. Quinlan's feet stumbled a little as he rushed backwards, but the partial cover he had in Gordo made it easy enough to avoid.

Frank didn't realize just how lethal his attack was. As he judo-threw the orc off the side of the boat, he gave him a death sentence, but he decided to fall with him, tumbling after him, five feet lower on the rope than the orc's neck was knotted. He felt a little resistance as the rope went taut, but then it loosened again as the rope sliced through the monster's neck, stopping only at it's spine, causing blood to explode out of him like a pinata, all over Frank, who was underneath. Somehow, Frank's rough sailor hands managed to still hold fast to the rope, even though his sudden weight as it went taut would have been more than enough to detach anyone from their grip, especially with just one hand.

Damon's plight was by far the most worrisome, as Esther appropriately shrieked. That shrieking didn't stop, until for Damon all sound seemed to cease in his likely final moments. A chorus of childlike voices could be heard in his mind as he begged for help. We forgive you, you may use our power... And with those words, his entire body surged with energy, and a blast of air, moving easily 250 kilometers an hour, shot out of his hand that was now directed at the orc. It was brief, only for a few seconds, but it was enough to toss him 30 feet into the air and send him careening into the upper mast, painfully flattening against the wooden sailholder and falling more than a lethal distance, landing headfirst onto Gordo. His neck snapping was the only thing Damon could hear at first. The achadhiel would find himself still a little bit delirious from getting knocked down, and the near-death experience slowed his mind to a crawl.

The second sound Damon could hear was Esther celebrating. "Oh Damon, you did it!" She shouted for joy and she pushed him off of her, grabbing his face and she pushed her bottom lip between his, giving him another forceful kiss. The moment she did so, like before, he seemed to regain his senses and his chest no longer hurt. "I'm so proud of you." She said and she started to stand. The orc that was now attacking Quinlan was now the only enemy left on the ship. Damon is our friend... Please look after Esther, as we do, and if you ask, you can always use our power... said the voices once more.
Last edited by Haikan on Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

The surge of energy was truly powerful, as it coursed through his body given by the spirits as he asked. With a triumphant smile on his face, its power was concentrated into his hand, and shot out in the raging power of the tempest's swift winds. It calmed down almost immediately after, probably due to his inexperience or otherwise, but it still made contact with the orc holding the handgun. The poor orc flew so high up that Damon missed him as he was moving so fast, eventually falling after it had met mast, and its imminent death when he heard the distinct snapping of a neck.

The power...by Dominicus. He could only look at his left hand from where the wind had come forth, with all his fury, sending the orc's to Death's embrace. Not just yet, my dear.

However, the punch that had landed on his chest was still paining him slightly, though he was more disorientated than wincing. His world swam wildly, slowly ticking onwards, as his body had still not shed the hormones produced as it had prepared for his death.

"Oh Damon, you did it!"

Yes, I guess so. He thought smiling sheepishly, still feeling somewhat dizzy.

He felt her hands gripping the sides of his face, as her lips pressed onto his; he was once more given the kiss of life by her. He recovered instantly, with the disorientation in the past, and his chest pains no longer ailing him. She was proud of him; he was proud of himself, and now the spirits considered him a friend.

"I thank you, great spirits. I thank you for accepting even for my past mistakes, for helping me now out of Death's misery, and for promising me a use of your great power. Do not worry; she is as dear to me as to you. I promise to protect her to the best of my ability"

He returned back to real time, at his near best once more. His right hand's grip tightened on the sword as he stood up from the floor, observing how Frank and Quinlan were faring. The half-giant wasn't in sight at the moment and he hoped nothing had happened to him. Meanwhile Quinlan was backing away from the cabin area, his sword brandished, already stained by blood and vision directed at the pile of bodies.

That's one at least. He saw the three orc bodies lying by the cabin, two dead and one still alive. He might need some help. He reckoned.

"Esther, wait here." He said, gesturing for her to stay put. "I'll go and help that man over there."
Whether she obeyed or not, Damon began to walk towards the fair-haired man while his eyes still occasionally glanced at the orc that was alive.

"Would you require some assistance, sir?"
Frank
Civus

Post by Frank »

Frank looked up at his defeated foe. He knew this was a lethal move, but his lack of understanding as far as restraint and the constitution of a living body underestimated the brutality. He felt no shame though. They kill everyone like they killed my teacher. They do not deserve pity... They earned their hate.

He swung the rope around to the place where the dinghy had been to look around for James. Captain, aren't you going to help? You're the most experienced in this situation! Before he could even ask for an answer he heard the sound of a neck snapping against the deck. The idea of one of the men up there doing such a monstrous slam to an Orc was difficult to imagine, and therefore impossible in this crunch of time.

Fancy Man!!!

He wanted to climb as fast as he could, but his body was still shaking from the shock of the rope going taut. As soon as he recovered his holding, he began passing the rope on hand over the other, though he couldn't avoid the body of the orc. It presented an impossible obstacle. This doesn't look good, I have to get up there! He put his feet on the side of the boat, and he started trying to climb around the body, walking up the wall. He could have loosened the rope to free the body, but he didn't think of such a thing now. He put one massive hand on the side of the bow, and as he wrestled one arm over the edge, he looked up to soak in whatever view lay before him.
Last edited by Frank on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Quinlan Corodin
Condotierre Lieutenant

Steadying his footing, Quinlan prepared for the next attack he anticipated from the orc. He waved his sword sharply to the side, sending spats of blood across the deck where he stood. But, he was soon distracted from his goading of his opponent.

Quinlan watched in awe as the orc on the other side was flung in the air by some unknown force, and fell back to the deck in a heap. He looked askance at the pair huddled together, the one called Damon and the girl with him. Quinlan had missed the moment of impact; either Esther or Damon was some kind of sorcerer.

Rampaging orcs with hand cannons, talking birds, and a windtunnel from the palm of a hand. Quinlan could not imagine how the night could become any more unreal. How and when would it end? Quinlan had not been faced often enough with unabashed magic to truly decide how he felt about it. In this moment, it was a vast wonder. And it made him wary.

He treaded backwards a couple more steps, away from the last living orc on deck and the gruesome refuse that was collecting in front of the stairs. His arms fell to his sides, his blade crossing low in front of him.

"Ah... if you would like to do that again," he huffed, "do feel free."
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

After several flickers of struggling, Frank managed to climb up onto the boat and what he saw was Damon standing before Quinlan, and both of them appeared to be casually talking as if there were not a fierce monster ready to strike either of them swiftly and painfully, although Quin was probably prepared to counter a number of attacks. The orc saw Damon standing there, and he whipped around to bludgeon him right in the face, much too quickly for him to dodge, however he tripped as he was turning, seemingly over nothing. For the observant, Esther was standing and holding her hands out toward the orc, and her eyes were focused intently, as she was muttering. The hand-cannon slipped out of his hand and flew acroos the deck, and the orc fell onto his knees, reaching out in desperation to grab Damon's leg.

"Lucky son of a bitch. Damon! You're DEAD!" And his grip tightened around the achadhiel's thigh, his fingernails were digging into his skin and his face was insane with anger and hatred. "DIE!" He drew back his fist with his fingers erect, preparing to launch his hand forward and dig into Damon's stomach with his pointed fingernails. He failed to realize that a seasoned fighter was armed and standing directly behind him.
Last edited by Haikan on Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Damon Ryot
Civus

Post by Damon Ryot »

His concentration on Quinlan, he didn't notice how fast the orc had gotten up, moving with lightning speed to club him to death with the handgun. If he'd only known to shoot with it, he may have been more successful.

"What-" He turned around in time to see the orc tripping, just as it was spinning to deliver the deadly thrust of the weapon.

He knew it was by no doing of his, why he glanced quickly at her Esther, seeing her concentration he couldn't help but smile.
I must admit, these spirits are truly powerful. I shouldn't have doubted them for a moment.

He wasn't given much time to ponder, however, as the orc now on his knees reached out to grab his leg with pure malice in his demeanour and words alike. He got a grip around his thigh, the long dirty fingernails digging deep into his flesh, but by the virtue of inner calm he ignored the ensuing pain. He tried to wrench his leg free, though the orc's strength was prodigious compared to his, and its intent final for its life.

The orc drew back his other hand, fingers rigid, ready to deliver a puncturing punch to his abdomen. Damon thought of asking the spirits help again, but wishing not to be too bothersome, he opted for another means to accomplish this.

He was still holding the sword in his right hand. Grip tightening on the hilt, he brought the sword down in a quick arc. His intent was either to block the orc's fist pushing it aside, or sever its hand from the arm. He really attempted the latter though, while still trying to wrestle his leg out of its hand's grasp.
Last edited by Damon Ryot on Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quinlan Corodin
Condotierre Lieutenant

Damon nearly paid for their lack of alertness as the orc attacked him in desperation. Quinlan did not miss that his shame and Damon's face were seemingly saved by the girl Esther. Quickly, he closed the distance to Damon and the orc. His boots clomped on the deck as he planted his feet behind the kneeling attacker.

Quinlan found these orcs detestable in their single-mindedness. Not one seemed to think of abandoning their pillaging of the ship and crew. He found them worthy of naught but slaughter, and believed there was no unrighteousness in bringing it to them. But later, if he managed to make it back to his great uncle's home and to his bed, reflecting on the ardor with which he dealt that fate would make sleep long in coming.

Damon swung his sword. Glaring down with enmity, Quinlan raised his weapon to strike. He gripped the wrist of his swordarm with his free hand. His entire trunk twisted left to right, and his schlaeger whipped through the air in a vicious slice for the orc's neck.

"Fwaa!"
Last edited by Quinlan Corodin on Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frank
Civus

Post by Frank »

Frank scanned his head across the scene, and upon seeing Fancy Man alive, he was relieved. He saw Skinny in a little bit of danger, but it looked like Fancy was about to finish things.

He vaulted over the side, completely covered in blood. He pulled the rope aboard, with the body still tangled in it, and he picked up his hammer and ax, putting them on his belt. He turned around and waited for his friend to destroy the beast. He picked up the door that once stood in front of the cabin, and held it over his head, walking over to the small group.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Damon's sword was not quite moving fast enough to counter the attack, it looked like he was going to end up spread out over the deck, until the hand suddenly stopped moving forward. The cause for the ceasefire was a broken morale, but more importantly a missing head. Quinlan's sword whipped through the neck of the beast like an axe through a chickenleg, facing resistance only at the bone, even cutting that through as well. The sword spattered blood across the deck, and the head of the beast rolled away from Damon and stopped at Barkul's foot, only adding to the heap of dead.

Frank, Quinlan and Damon all had a fair amount of blood on them, and James was also somewhat bloody thanks to Frank. He was just now climbing over the edge of the ship, and he stood next to Frank.

"Good work lads, Navirez was right to pick you. Who'd have known we'd catch the raiders in the act. I'll be sure to tell him of my- I mean our heroism when we are finished." He looked at the heap blocking the door and he pulled his pipe out of his mouth, letting out a groan. "Something tells me there's a bit more that needs to be done however." He put his pipe back to his mouth and blew on it, causing soapy bubbles to float out. "And who's these fellows here?'" He pointed to Damon and Esther.

"Friends of the bird?"
Last edited by Haikan on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt”