Dragon's Den - Jygust 30th - Eveningtide

Moderators: Maeve, Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Dragon's Den - Jygust 30th - Eveningtide

Post by Ashari »

wiki.tazlure.nl wrote:Where the Docks end and Sailor's Boulevard, the residential area overlooking Mer de la Luna, began, The Dragon's Den did its business in King's Court. It was a large, three story building, constructed of stone and wood. Balconies ran alongside the second floor. A red dragon, breathing fire and protecting a treasure, decorated the sign that slowly swayed in the wind.

The most famous feature of the inn was its floating terrace. Essentially a large raft, moored to the shore, it served as a place to eat pancakes or drink a beverage. The terrace was very popular on sunny days. The Den had a number of rooms for rent. Those that didn't care much for luxury, would find nice, tidy lodgings at the inn.

Pancakes are the Den's speciality, hence the nickname Pete's Pancake Palace. Guests could order the delicacy with a wide variety of toppings. Of course, "normal" food was served as well.

Peter Throckmorton owned and exploited the inn. He was a giant of a man with a thick red beard. His booming voice carried far and he used it a lot, giving orders to his staff. He could be found everywhere on the premises. Sometimes in the kitchen, pep talking his cooks into better performances and sometimes on the floating terrace, inquiring about the needs of his guests. He was always cheerful, his booming laughing spreading through the establishment.

Smelly Surry kept up close with Jacob Rimon as they wandered from the harbor toward the Den. It wasn't a terribly expensive place by anyone's standards, but it was a place to get a good meal, especially as the dinner mark grew close. The establishment was busy at this tide, even in these troubled times. People still found the money to go out for a few meads and a big turkey leg.

Once inside the sailor turned toward Jacob and said to him: "What reason you think they really have for taking over the harbor?" The pair found a table in the middle of the room easily, with the sea-dog's scent following them like a trail. If anyone noticed, they didn't say anything so far. Renny wasn't any where to be seen in the building, but there was the chance he'd arrive later as they'd planned.

A buxom barmaid drifted over as soon as they'd sat. "What can I get yer for?" She asked. The sweet scent of pancakes lingered in the air among many other flavors.

Few open tables remained, but there were plenty of unused chairs around if one felt like sitting with strangers. There was, also, the option of sitting at the bar where Pete was busily talking to someone.
Last edited by Ashari on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

Jacob answered the old man as he looked around for Renny, and then for available chairs. "I don't know, Surry, but I suspect King's Court is due to have important visitors, and they want to keep us less important people clear. And I can't quite ignore the feeling that it coincides with the hanging of local pirates for a reason. Anyway, here's as good a place as any to pick up the local gossip." He looked at the old man, who was standing a little shakily, looking as if he hung on every word the carpenter uttered, and decided the best thing to do was sit down and get some food.

As they sat down at the table, and one of the serving staff appeared briskly to take their order, Jacob retrieved his purse from within his cloak. "Well, I'm hoping these coins will last the evening. What do you suggest for a hungry old man and hi..." Jacob realised he was ignoring Surry, and how rude he was being for doing so. "Sorry," he said, turning to the sailor, "what would you like? Food first, and then we can think about something to drink." Turning back to the barmaid whilst Surry considered his options, he ordered "A pancake with cheese, ham and mushroom for myself, please."
Last edited by Jacob Rimon on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irregular posting, busy with RL commitments! Sorry![url=http://www.allavatars.com/avatars/showphoto.php?photo=204&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=500]Avatar Source[/url]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"I think I'll have the same, miss..." Surry waggled inappropriate old man eyebrows at the young barmaid, and she gave him a delicate smile in response.

"Two orders of savory pancakes coming up, boys. Drinks?"

Surry was first to make the move on ordering this time around. "Sure thing, get us some local mead."

The young woman nodded. "Of course. Buy it by the pitcher, sir," here she looked at Jacob. "And it's a might bit cheaper than buying it by the pint."

The room itself was dominated with men of different standings, but most looked muscled. Not all were wearing the clothing that suggested they were military, but.. that didn't mean much. Most could be told by the look in their eyes, and many of these gentlemen had seen war - had seen death. Likely, they'd taken the lives themselves.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Azure Stonehand
Civus

Post by Azure Stonehand »

Azure and Zeyanara entered the inn. The smell of pancakes brought back the memory of the beginning of her adventure. It was on the advice of the owner that she went to the scribe's guild looking for work. Had that never happened, she would have never met Zeyanara, Anistis, Matiel or the new acquaintance of Tyrone and Petros. She was happy to make it full circle and felt the thirst for mead and the hunger of pancakes twang inside her. She looked at Zeyanara and smiled. "If it wasn't for asking the owner of this place for work, I would have never met you." She said simply. "A good call on his part I must say so myself."

After waiting a moment for her eyesight to adjust to the lower light here, Azure searched for seats for the pair to sit together. She was relieved to be out of the basilica. The rude acolyte was now far behind them both and they could talk about other things that were just as important. Azure enjoyed Zeyanara's company. She looked forward to sitting down and talking in a more relaxed place.

She took inventory of her coin. "Dining's on me," she announced when she realized she had enough for pancakes and a pitcher of mead between them. "I'm so glad you wanted to leave. I didn't know what else to say or do in the basilica. I am going to go on the expedition though..." Azure sat at a table and motioned Zeyanara to do the same. "I think I can do some really good things with Anistis."

"I didn't think Tyrone looked anything but dedicated to the One. I'm dedicated to the idea of adventure and helping people. He puts a new definition of dedication into one's awareness, don't you think?" Azure looked for a serving wench, her mouth watering for pancakes. She swallowed and continued. "I just hope one day I find something to dedicate myself to like that. Passion for one's convictions and beliefs have always intrigued me. I find it so interesting one would give up their whole life and dedicate themselves to service of the One. I find it equally as interesting as your mother's dedication to her work. I don't have a whole lot of smarts," Azure blushed a little bit, "But I am dedicated to believing that with my sword and actions I can do good works. Don't you feel the same way about that?" She put her hand over her mouth. "Oh! I'm sorry! There I go just talking your ears full. I apologize!"

"Go on, don't let me fill your ears with my prattle." Azure quieted and looked to Zeyanara with a smile.
Last edited by Azure Stonehand on Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Yes, I suppose you're right. I'm sure he's not bad... my mother never taught me to be like that, don't think poorly of me please, dearest Azure. I've just never met anyone so unlike us - you know? If Anistis is his friend then he must be ok."

Zeynara's eyes scanned the room with Azure's. "There's a few open chairs next to that young man and his grandfather," Zeynara suggested. Her chin lifted toward Jacob and Surry who were conversing with a buxom waitress in the busy establishment.

"Aside from that it looks like only the bar..." Here, she whispered. "I don't really want to sit at the bar, I'd rather a seat at a table... gosh. I want pancakes, too... Don't they smell good?" Indeed, the scent of the pancakes wafted through the building and it was no wonder that the restaurant was known for it's prized delicacy.

The pair was able to move through the packed room to the table of Jacob and Surry. They could sit so that there was a seat between Azure and Jacob, or so that Azure was directly next to him - it was entirely up to where she placed her bottom. Once seated, there was another scent in the air. That of fish and rotten bait. Surry's scent was somewhat overpowering.

"Ew," Zeynara said under her breath to her friend. "It sort of smells like something died in here..." She smirked and giggled. With some seriousness she continued. "So.. you're going to go on that expedition? Why? I want you to stay here with me. I'll be so bored without you." She sighed. Zeynara's life could be rather simple at times. She didn't have a lot to do.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

As Petros left the Basilica Evening Tide had already begun. Petros had finished speaking with the father at the confessional and realized that he was very hungry. Petros had not eaten since coming into the city his last meal had been a scarce one in the Downs. Petros had very little money but he did have some and it had been a while since he had a meal in a place that served good food. Petros wondered through the streets and found that he smelled pancakes coming from an establishment near where he was walking. His hungry became worse as the smell went up his nose and his stomach began to make some fairly strange noises. Petros thought, well, I do not yet know many people in this city, but this looks as good as any place to eat.

Petros walked in and he noticed that there was a very large crowd in this place. The smell of pancakes must be alluring to more then just him. Petros looked around the room to see if he could find an empty table, which he knew would be unlikely, or if he was destined to sit at the bar. Petros had never really been found of bars and it was really only the small of the pancakes that made him even consider sitting there. As he looked around the room he could not believe his eyes. sitting with two men where the two women he had met this very trade tide.

Petros walked over to the table which appeared to have an empty seat and said "Hello, Azure, Zeyanara. I came out for something to eat and have found myself here. I do not mean to disturb your conversation" this coment was directed toward the whole table the two men included ",but would it be alright for me to join you? I hate eating alone and you two are the only people I know in town." Petros hoped that Azure and Zeyanara nor the two men though him rude for just walking up o them like such, but he was very hungry and some sense had left him at this point.
Azure Stonehand
Civus

"I would never think poorly of you Zeyanara. I can understand why you feel that way. That kind of dedication can be very scary." She looked at the bar and then at the table where Zeyanara suggested. They walked up to the table. Azure sat next to Jacob. "Good eveningtide! My name is Azure Stonehand and this is my friend Zeyanara. I hope you don't mind us sitting with you. If you do, I would move...I'd just rather not sit at the bar. My friend here doesn't want to either. We're good company, I think." Azure fought off making a face due to the smell and won with a smile that made her eyes twinkle.

Azure spoke quietly to Zeyanara: "I am going on the expedition to help my friend Anistis. Maybe there are things to learn there that could help your mother too. I hope you won't be too bored. There is the library. You know...oh look, Petros!" Azure waved and then looked to the two other men. "This is my friend Acolyte Petros. May he sit here too? We'll be no trouble at all. Besides," Azure shrugged innocently, "Better more new friends than none at all. Anyway...I'm Azure Stonehand and this is Zeyanara and Petros...or did I do this already? I'm sorry. I have a tendency to go on and on. Really, do introduce yourselves. Forgive me for my prattle."
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

(OOC: Sorry about the delay, I'm gearing up towards a house-move at the weekend. It may mean my next post takes time to arrive...)

Jacob smirked a bit as Zeynara commented on Surry's fragrant aroma, and smiled as Azure asked for a seat. Or, the youth reflected, invited herself and her companion to the table. Jacob waved away any doubts he might have, glad for some company other than Surry, and further glad that the old man hadn't become a stinky albatross around his neck. "No, please, sit down. I'm just waiting for a friend."

He completed his order, taking the barmaid recommendation of a pitcher, and then, as Azure introduced herself and her friends to Surry and himself, he nodded a welcome, and held out his hand. "I'm Jacob Rimon, carpenter from the Downs, and this is Surry, an old harbour hand from..." ...from many jahren ago, by the smell of it... "...from King's Court proper." It sounded more impressive than suggesting he was homeless and frequently drunk.

Jacob had heard brief mention between these strangers of an expedition, and wondered whether it was to do with the closing of the harbor, or whether it was otherwise to do with the goings-on back on the Downs. "Ah, I don't suppose you know why the harbor is off-limits at the moment?" Jacob asked.

EDITED: due to gender reassignment - thanks Haikan!
Last edited by Jacob Rimon on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Irregular posting, busy with RL commitments! Sorry![url=http://www.allavatars.com/avatars/showphoto.php?photo=204&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=500]Avatar Source[/url]
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros was glad to be given a spot at the table, and although he was confused to be referred to as a friend he was glad to have that title bestowed upon him. He took his seat at the table with a happy smile, and was glad to receive the shake of his hand from Jacob.

After Jacob had finished ordering his food and drink the acolyte attempted to get the attention of the barmaid. When she turned to him, Petros said "Greetings child, in the One's name. If you would not mind I will have an order of pancakes and a glass of local mead." Petros did not think he would drink more then that.

After ordering he listen to Jacob ask his question on the close of the harbor and although the unworthy acolyte had not heard of the closer of the harbor, he was non the less interested. "I had not heard the harbor was closing. Is it unusual for the government to close the harbor as such? Could the harbor being closed have anything to do with the execution of Theo, the pirate, in the morning?"
Azure Stonehand
Civus

(OOC: Not a problem with the delay, don't worry about it at all.)

"Execution?!" Azure was completely shocked. She hadn't heard anything like that. Besides, she was to meet Anistis at the Downs in the morning. This would delay things. "I had no idea there was anything like that going on. I guess pirates all are executed, are they not? I should have paid more attention to things like this." She leaned toward Petros. "What about meeting Anistis there in the morning? Is this going to complicate things?"

She became very uncomfortable with the conversation suddenly. Executions made her upset. She wasn't sure the best punishment for pirates was to be executed. What other punishment they should have was another matter altogether, one she hadn't quite defined in her mind. She nervously looked about for the serving maid hoping to think of another subject entirely. Ah yes. The expedition! She wrestled with herself if telling this stranger was a good idea or not. More hands makes easier work.

Azure now took in Jacob's look about him with some scrutiny. Was it such a good idea? Should she do it? Would it make Anistis mad if she brought someone else along? Jacob looked like a man of good stature and deed. She argued briefly with herself and then decided to tell him after all.

"Oh yes, the expedition..." She began still looking for the server. "We are taking an expedition to help a friend of mine. He is an acolyte also. Maybe you know him? His name is Anistis. He's a great friend of mine and very trustworthy. Did I say he was nice, too?" Azure turned her attention to Jacob. "I'm not sure what might be necessary, there does seem to be the probability of using a sword. I'm always ready for such things. How about you?" She leaned in toward Jacob. "I'm always looking to help people and do good things. I hope for adventure and usually I get it. I've always wanted to be something more than just an average woman doing average things, y'know? But here I go again...on a prattle again. I'm sorry. I haven't let you talk. Go on. I'm sure you have something to say that I've talked over."
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

(OOC: Will keep trying to get these in while I still can :) )

With Petros's mention of the pirate, and the name Theo, Jacob glanced at Surry. It wasn't obvious to the others around the table what this sudden look meant - in fact Jacob was trying to see whether the name Petro had provided was one Surry was familiar with. So far his limited knowledge about the pirate was that it was a local King's Court boy. Did the name mean anything to the old man?

"I don't think it's standard policy for the harbor to close when there's a hanging," Jacob said, hesitantly. "Apparently the gates are being closed early too, and the palace is out of bounds. Not that it isn't always out of bounds to the likes of us." He indicated himself and Surry. Then something he'd said dawned on him. "I guess I'm going to have to find somewhere in The Court to sleep tonight." This money is not going to go far at all, Jack frowned.

Jacob listened to Azure's words with a faint smile, then broke into a grin when she'd come to the end of her piece. "First off," he reminded her, "I'm a carpenter, from just outside the city walls. I don't really have much experience of swords, except when I've had to knock together a nice wall mount for one, and I don't generally mix with acolytes, nice or not." The young carpenter held up a hand. "Sorry, that sounds a little churlish, and I don't mean to be rude. I have nothing but respect for men of faith." He quickly added, "Or women." Jacob didn't add that he didn't exactly adhere to any one faith himself. He found stories of exotic gods much more interesting than the One he'd grown up with.

"If you've need for a carpenter however," the young man continued, "well, that's a different matter. Although at the moment my immediate concerns are to find somewhere to crash tonight, if I'm stuck within King's Court." He was hoping he wouldn't have to end up sharing sleeping space with Surry.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Well," Zeynara said. "If you must.. I suppose I can find someone to spend my time with," And here she eyed the attractive carpenter with some level of predatory style, though it wasn't overly wolfish.

The waitress hadn't wandered far before taking Azure, Zeynara and Petros' orders, then returning with an alarmingly huge tray that carried all manner of pancakes, spirits and other beverages which she passed around the table to those who'd ordered what. Surry, wafting his meal, took a deep swig of his drink, and then turned to Jacob. "I'm going out back for a burn to empty the barrel - if you know what I mean!" He winked unnecessarily, as his meaning was pretty obvious. The heavily scented fisherman rose from his seat and grinned vacantly at the buxom waitress before scooting behind chairs and between tables to find the establishments facilities.

Zeynara turned her attention toward the food (she was famished after her earlier upset in the confessional).

OOC: You guys feel free to chat. You can assume the waitress returning, getting drinks or food as you need. If you need any help feel free to PM me. I might add in some flavor bits as you talk amongst yourselves. Have fun!
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

The acolyte was surprised that Azure had not heard of the execution. "The guards at the gate mentioned the hanging to me as I entered the city, and then again there was a very loud man just in the city yelling the news for all to hear. I do not know if all pirates are killed, but I do not think they should be. The love of the One goes even to them and we should not damn them to death and destruction apart from the One for all eternity."

Petros listened to Azure express her concern and the facts about her expedition in the morning. "I am sorry Azure, but I do not know anything about this expedition. If you are planing to leave the city in the morning I do not think you will be able to go to the hanging, but they are nasty things anyway. I will go, but only to try to stop it. "

Petros turned to Jacob at the mention of housing problems. "I to have no where to stay this evening. I just reentered the city, this very day, and expected the Church to house me, and so they shall, but not until after I am accepted back into the order of acolyte which will not be until trade tide tomorrow. "

Petros was very hungry and started eating immediately when his food arrived. Although he was still paying attention at what was going on around himself, and he would listen and interject into any conversation that he found interesting or important.
Last edited by Petros on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azure Stonehand
Civus

"My parents live here in the city, so I have somewhere to stay." Azure said between a fork full of pancake. "I'm not so sure there would be room for all of us to stay there. I have a rather sizable family." She thought a moment. "I could ask them. See what they say. We can't be too late getting there though. I'd hate to wake them out of bed."

"I want to hear more about the execution," Azure was curious. "I've never seen one before. How did they catch a pirate anyway? How do they know he really is a pirate? I don't know much about the ways of justice decisions. I'm hoping you could help me with that, Petros." She was now looking at the acolyte curiously. "Why so long to induct you back into the order, too? Is the church that busy that they couldn't do it until then or is that some kind of holy time to be inducted?" She shrugged. "I'm sorry for so many questions I just want to learn more about the pirate and about you."
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

If Jacob noted Zeynara's comment, he didn't acknowledge it. He seemed a little distracted. And when Surry left, the carpenter breathed a sigh of relief, waiting for him to leave the room before apologising. "I'm sorry, I know Surry has a bit of a smell about him. Believe me, I wouldn't normally have chosen to sit in an establishment like this with him. But he was having trouble with marines who were trying to clear the harbor, so I had to persuade him to join me for fear of him getting roughed up." That explained, his eyes settled on his food and he rubbed his hands together, gleefully. He wasn't ready for the hair of the dog yet, not until he'd sated his appetite.

As he tucked in, he mulled over what the rest of the people were saying. "I think I might be able to rent a room somewhere," he said, between mouthfulls, "I just don't relish sleeping in an alleyway with the old-man of the sea." Lowering his knife and fork, he reflected "I've slept in a hay cart before, but it's not really the weather for it. I suppose I could see whether my friend Renny could put me up but..." - Jacob glanced around him - "I haven't seen him for a while."

Taking a quick sip of drink, he considered "I'll happily sleep in a shed or store-room, if you think there's one going free." He seemed genuine enough with his odd request, as if he'd slept off hangovers in worse places.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros watched as Surry left and he listened to Jacob apologize for his friend. Petros was in the middle of a bite and chewed and swallowed all of his food. The soon to be acolyte had learned that it was not good to spit food across the table when trying to speak. After he had swallowed the Petros said "It is alright, we will get used to the smell. The One has created all for a purpose and although I am sure your friends purpose is not to smell, it would not be kind or loving of us to mock him a creature of the One."

The soon to be acolyte was just about to take another bite when Azure and then Jacob mentioned housing again. Petros was not sure he would ever get to finish his pancakes at this rate. "I am not sure I would feel good about barging in on people I have never met before. Plus we only just met today. You are very kind, but maybe I should try to rent a room as well, although I have little money" What the soon to be acolyte did not mention was that he had never been good with money and he was unsure as how to use it anyway. "I am sure the One will provide" with that Petros took another bite of pancake.
Azure Stonehand
Civus

Azure allowed the delectable smell of the pancakes waft to her nose, filling her with memories and hunger. She had not eaten well on the road and was glad to have this before her. She listened to the replies around her and was suddenly disappointed by their refusals. "Okay," She said between hungry mouth fulls. "I thought I would offer anyway, considering you both need a place to sleep that isn't dirty and disgusting." She continued to eat with much gusto until the plate was empty and she was full. She poured herself a tall mug of mead to wash down the food which she drained hurriedly.

"How do you stop an execution? Is there anything I can do to help? Is the person they are executing really a pirate? If he is, how'd they catch him on land and how come they didn't catch his crew of pirates? I'm sure the man couldn't have manned a ship alone, so there are others who need justice." She poured herself another mug and looked at Jacob questioningly to fill him a mug of mead. "Too many questions, too few answers I think." Azure turned to Zeyanara and then Petros with a shrug. "Just wondering..."
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

Jacob nodded. "Yes please," he added, as if greater confirmation were needed.

He thought over Azure's words. "Pirates cannot remain offshore forever. And there's many ways to catch a lone pirate, but I imagine that one that ranks highly is betrayal. Pirates are not adverse to back-stabbing, particularly if they've got little hope in a direct confrontation." Jacob imagined that the pirate must have been held in high regard by most of his crew if someone were to stoop so low. Again, the romanticised ideal of a dashing pirate captain.

As he completed his meal, he brought up Azure's other topic. "In regards to your other offers, of a room to stay and of joining you on your expedition - if you feel you do have a use for a carpenter, an 'odd-job' man perhaps, then I could accept your other offer of sleeping space as part of the contract?" It was definitely a question, as Jacob felt he had no real leverage in this deal.
Last edited by Jacob Rimon on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Azure Stonehand
Civus

"I would be pleased to make that a deal, Jacob." Azure smiled and her eyes twinkled joyfully. She poured the mead. "I'm sure an extra arm is always needed."

"I guess the lot of pirates aren't good people..." Her voice trailed off with her thoughts. "I just could never live that way. It's a hard life and so very against the law. Not that the life of an adventurer is easy, but I think being at sea all the time...or at least most of the time...would get very boring for me. Oh well. I guess I'm glad I haven't chosen that as a job."

"We can leave here any time you're ready, just not to late. Morning tide comes early and I like to sleep when I can." Azure finished her mug and pushed it aside, being done with drinking.

(OOC: Posting on the expedition thread now.)
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

The penny, that had been spinning since the expedition had been mentioned, finally dropped. "Morningtide?" Jacob spluttered. "Gah! I was going to Sinner's Square..." Too late Jacob realised he could've kept quiet about that, had a night's sleep somewhere decent, and then nipped away.

Jacob back-tracked. "In any case I'll need to say a few farewells before I leave King's Court. I can't leave my family not knowing what has become of me, particularly in the wake of events going on in the city. If you let me know which way you're heading I've no doubt I can catch up with you before too long..."
Azure Stonehand
Civus

Azure looked disappointed again. "Okay. It is best if you tell your family what you're up to. They don't need to worry about you." She slid off the chair with a grin. "I do bid you both a good gravetide. I have to get up really early in the morningtide to get on that expedition. It was really nice meeting you Jacob. I hope to meet you again. I'm sure my friend Zeyanara would be great company..." She nodded her farewell and left the inn, looking back once and smiling.
Azure Stonehand
AKA Meisha
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

Jacob held up a hand in farewell. "I hope to catch up to you before too long," he called. He was not yet sure whether it was a promise he'd be keeping, although he knew he should honour it. Perhaps it was the call to adventure he'd been waiting for.

Once Azure had left, the young man turned to Zeyanara and said "I don't suppose you've got a spare bed for the night?" Then, before she could reply, he said "No, sorry, that's rude of me. I'm sure I've got enough coin to get myself a room." Looking at Petros he wondered if he actually did. He kept his thoughts to himself, and smiled at his new 'friends'.
Petros
Acolyte of the One

Post by Petros »

Petros was so busy eating and finishing up his drink that he did not interject in the conversation between Jacob and Azure. They seemed to enjoying talking very much and so he let them talk. When Azure said it was getting late and made to leave the soon to be acolyte raised a hand in a good bye gesture and and bid her "Good night child, and safe travel in the name of the One. I pray he will be with you and protect you always." He watched her leave then turned back to the table with Jacob and Zeyanara.

"Jacob, I have not been in the city in a long time, and I am not sure where to lok for a bed or how much one would cost. Can you help me in this regard?" In all honesty Jacob may have been sure he could get a room Petros was not at all sure he could. Behind his question the soon to be acolyte wanted this Jacob to offer to split a room with him, but He did not want to offer since they had just met.
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

"I'm not too sure myself. I normally make it back home outside the city gates, or to someone else's floor by morning. But, well, this place is an inn - let's ask!"

Jacob waved a hand in the air. He'd left the house this morning with 6 Crown, 1 Coronet, and had already made a dent on that small amount with food and drink for Surry and himself. He wasn't sure how much more he'd need for an actual room, but expected to be spending a substantial amount more.

Maybe his friend Renny would turn up and save the day?
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The atmosphere of the inn was a comfortable one. Azure had left them, and Renny still hadn't arrived, but Zeynara spoke up as Jacob suggested he would seek someone else out for an evening. "Well, then, don't be so quick!" She retorted. "I didn't say you couldn't stay with me," she smiled to Jaccob, and then looked to Petros as well, though, being a man of the cloth he didn't intrigue her nearly as much.

"In fact, Jacob, mother might even have some work for you... you say you're new to the town. What sort of trades do you know? Any?" The Lady Debrona always had a little something for locals to pick up. She enjoyed keeping those of a lower position in some manner of employment. It would mean they wouldn't go to a life of crime. She felt like she was doing her small part.

"And you, too, Petros," she continued. "You're welcome to stay the night, at least, until you get yourself more comfortable in the Basilica or one of the Abbeys... depending on where they assign you." She offered. "If you want, that is." She hoped that Jacob would take her up on it. Mother would think he was just adorable - she knew it.

Return to “KC Archive”