Inn and out - Jygust 30, TT

The glorious Summer City upon the white cliffs of the magical Mer de la Luna in the Western Kingdom that harbours many nobles. Home to the Summer Palace of the former King as well as vineyards that produce the city's famous wines. Anything is possible here, if you are willing to bring the right sacrifices.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Inn and out - Jygust 30, TT

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

Gwayne made his way softly singing back to the Inn. He had the feeling that the whole world had changed and he really wanted to share that with someone.. Especially he missed his loves.. After a while he concluded that he was selfish and that Amber would keep the other women happy.. They where far far away....

He had to suppress the urge to recall the blue flame. Especially when he was singing he could feel the flow through his body and it was like it asked him to show it to the world. Something he would have loved to do, still even to Gwayne it sounded like a bad idea.

So he entered the Dogs home inn and went straight for Haifra, after all he had to to tell her what happened... and resign
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/
Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Haikan »

The Inn was slow, for in the TradeTide folks were out and about. Haifra was wiping off the service counter and humming an old nursery tune. It was in a major key with a cheerful melody, and the repetitive nature of the little song made it easy to remember, and even easier to get stuck in one's head.

The Dog's Home Inn is a clean and quaint tavern that is nearly twin to the Goose and Gander, which sits on the north side of town. The two Inns were started by brothers and originally had the exact same décor and set up. Later on the brothers had a falling out and the Goose and Gander changed its look, but the layout remains the same. While both inns share similar pricing and attractions, the Dog's Home seems to attract more common guests. Visiting traders, mercenaries, and other legitimate but modest businessmen take their lodgings here. It is a peaceful place, well patrolled by guards. The rooms each contain a lockable chest, a table and two chairs, a comfortable bed, and a solid, locking door.

After the Red Storm swept through Roque, many buildings were devastated. Not so the Dog's Home. The only thing that changed here is the owner. Nowadays a dark-haired woman named Haifra orders the personnel around.

The Inn's large common room is cheerful, though decorated in dark shades of wood and earth tones, and usually smells of food and lye soap. Servers thread their way past the solid, well made round tables and Haifra stands behind the long oak bar. To the back is a large bath area and steam room where travelers can wash and steam the dirt of the road from their tired bodies. A small stage is tucked into the corner for entertainers; the bar and its tender lie directly opposite the doorway. A staircase leading to the rooms upstairs sits next to the doorway, its mahogany banister covered in intricate carvings.

There was only one other person in the main room of the Inn, and he was sitting at one of the round tables with a leather bound book open but face-down. It was a middle aged human wearing a white cloak, but he grabbed his book and left as Gwayne was entering.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne ignored the man leaving the inn, he was too much busy with his own thoughts to be aware of it.

He just made his way to the bar and waved to get the attention of Haifra.

He had made a nice speech for her, but now he had forgotten it all. So he felt bad and said "I have to resign because I became priest..." and then with a rush of words he told the lady he trusted very much everything that had happened that day.

When he was finished he waited for het response.. oddly enough he was still very aware of the energy flowing in his body and the love he felt for this place. Still even though he wanted it very much he decided again not to call for the flame.. He wondered though if the flame could appear when he did not want to.. that would be a scary thing indeed.

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The enormous energy flow that had surged through Gwayne was not present at this moment. Also, the flame did not appear as he pondered it. Haifra nodded with fascination as he spoke, and she leaned in so that he could speak quietly.

"Gwayne, this sounds like you're getting yourself into a decent lot of trouble." She looked around and sighed. "And, you probably will have to give up the simple life, too. No more singing songs during stablework, being a mercybringing priest sounds like a full-time job." She offered her hand onto his shoulder to comfort him, as this probably made him sad.

"And I suppose you plan on practicing this energy-stuff a good bit, now, don't ya? Well, you can always find a bed and a meal here, I support your cause." She frowned. It was possible that he was going to have to live in the temple from this day forward, and she was worried about him.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne felt relieved that nothing strange happened while talking with Haifra. Still he felt bad for the clear reflection of worry in the eyes of the woman.

"Don't worry Haifra, I shall life in the Temple and probably sleep there as well. But I will come over when possible. And it can not be that bad !!!"

He waited for a few flickers before resuming. He wondered if he should ask for his pay so he could buy some clothing.. then because he never cared about it before he decided against it.

"Well I have to pick up my stuff and run back to the Temple, Ill return in the evening to sing some songs and stuff."

He smiled while saying it.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"As long as you make a new song special for me, I think I can cope," she said with a playful smile to match Gwayne's. "Are you hungry? I don't rightly know when the last you could have eaten is. Oh, wait a sec, I forgot about that elfy lady and all that food you told me about... Well if you must go, you must go. I'll be here when you get back." She began to wipe the counter again, but she paused for a moment and looked up at Gwayne one more time. "Gwayne, is there anything you need from here before you leave?"
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Following the words of Haifra, Gwayne's face got red...

"Well... uh.. uh.. you never paid me.. I even don't know how much I should earn.." he said softly.

"And I would like to get some new cloths... do you know where I can do that ? I still walk around in uh.. borrowed.. uh second hand clothing..."

The face of the adhiel was like a very fresh tomato now.....

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Oh, right. I almost forgot! I have your payment right here." She reached under the counter and pulled up a cloth pouch with some coins in it. "Well, if you're becoming a priest, I imagine they'll give you clerical robes... Uh... Actually on second thought, they wouldn't want to be showing off the colors of a forbidden religion on your garb. You could find some clothes at the Bazaar. Everything and anything can be found there." She blushed as he did, as the embarrasment of her forgetfullness was apparently contagious.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne giggled.. "Well, forbidden religion is written on my face and I had so far no problems with it." The adhiel said, revering to his tattoos. He accepted the money with a bow. Somehow he felt proud, it was the first money he ever made.

He quickly went to the stables and picked up the few items he had. Before returning and quickly giving the woman a kiss on her cheek.

"Thanks for everything.." he said while waving at her, walking to the exit.. "See you soon.. probably late tonight !"

This could be true to Gwayne.. but life was not always predictable...

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

As Gwayne left the inn, there was a tall man in clerical robes of the Dominican order who stood back against the wall. His shaved head was about six feet up from the ground, and he was holding a book in his hands, apparently reading it as he leaned against the wall of the inn. He noticed Gwayne passing out of the door and he closed the book with a thump and turned to him.

"Greetings, Gwayne. My name is Brother Gentus," he gave a formal bow. "how was your meeting with our Brother Beacon?" He spoke in a low but gentle voice, and he paused for a moment as he referred to the monk by his monastic title. "Arnholt, his name is- for those who live as heathens. I noticed he had a little outreaching to you and your fellow worshipers. How was that?"
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne's eyes enlarged for a flicker when he was suddenly approached by the Dominican Priest...

His first reaction was a feeling of irritation.. but his new function had its responsibilities so he swallowed his reaction and forced a smile on his face when he realized that he didn't know this man. Something he had learned from Syrawenn was, if it looked like a Priest, be careful.. except when you know them of course.

He forced a smile smile on his face when he replied with a "Who ? Fellow followers, I guess that you as a priest know more of that.. Sorry no time..." and tried to escape as elegant as possible.... That was, walking away as fast he could.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Who could you be off in such a hurry to, Gwayne?" The man didn't move, but his voice carried after him. "Are you meeting someone, illegally, that you can't openly tell me? That seems a shame." If Gwayne continued to move away, eventually the man would continue to follow him at a stalking distance, but not concealed.

"Come, stay. Talk with me. Nothing bad will come to you, I merely wish to discuss one certain brother Arnholt.

"I'm sure you can spare a minute to discuss your meeting with me, no?" He seemed charismatic. Too charismatic, a man like this could sell ice to Trothgardians, and there was something that seemed sinister in him, that Gwayne could detect with a tingle in his mind. This tingle... It was uncontrollably reminiscent to the feeling of the young elvish girl lying about her past in the Temple earlier today.

"Come, and talk with me."
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne chuckled at the words of the man, then stopped and turned towards him for a flicker.. it was that strange feeling of the truth being bended.

He knew that as a priest.. he would not be able to run away from trouble all the time so he better made sure that he could remember the face of this man who used his own truth to his support his own means..

A smile flowed over the face of the Adhiel, this time more genuine when he bowed and answered.

"Well, as far as I know I am doing nothing illegal.. And about the person called brother Arnholt... I am sure you can find me again to talk about him on a other day.. but I would prefer that you guys solve your ... well ........ differences among yourself.. after al your all brothers.."

Gwayne turned and moved on.. he did not much effort to lose someone who could follow him because he had a clear goal.. now he had some money he wanted to get some clothing.. He would love to have some boots..
Last edited by Gwayne of Vendeling on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

A frustrated frown met Gentus' face, but he stopped. "Very well then, I can plainly see you have no interest in talking to me. Farewell." He turned and walked in the opposite direction, writing in his book. His flowing robes disappeared around a corner far away, and what lay before Gwayne was the extravagant Bazaar, filled with shops and markets where one could find anything they sought, if they had enough money.

The Bazaar is a circus of colour, noise, scents, and sights. Along its vast length, shops, tents, vendors, and peddlers collide with haphazard grace to form a massive, shrill mess of wares and men. Here, common men and blue-blooded nobles mix in a strange collision of worlds. All wares are sold here, from the common wheats and fruits to glorious multicoloured birds and spices that come from places many don’t even believe exist. There are few legitimate items in Tazlure that cannot be bought at the Happenstance Bazaar, if one has the time to search through the riot for them, and the coin to pay for it when found.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne was a bit relieved when the big priest gave up. Something in the back of his mind nagged.. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy to easy.. but he dismissed the thought quickly when he arrived at the Bazaar.

The place was attacking all Gwayne's senses, with views, smells and sounds he had never before encountered. He felt a bit lost and threatened with all the people who's intention was clearly to save his money from the horrible fate of lying dormant in his pocket.

After the young adhiel swallowed a few times he dared to enter this centre of commerce in search for some clothing.. plain and simple.. what was rather difficult.. because plain and simple was not the way of Roque.

The young man searched on, in his own insecure way... wishing that there were less people to stare at him. Because he had a feeling that people looked at him, even though probably it was only with financial interest it made the young man feeling like a cat in the wrong alley... with a lot of big other cats.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The bazaar was as it always was: Busy and crowded. Not too many paid attention to Gwayne, as the only thing they cared for was their own business. "Get yer necklaces here! Fancy metal necklaces!"

"Exotic pets! Far away lands hid never before seen beasts from the Western Kingdom, and for the first time..."

"...While you work! Durable and soft, this coat can even endure some flames for a short while! Static-proof, there's a bio-lining that..."

"FISH! We got fish fer sale, fresh from duh lake!"

The voices blended together, and not one in particular could be heard for long, as the competitive merchants sought to outshout their contenders.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Some of the words the merchants shouted made the adhiel wonder.. "static proof ?" What could that be ? Maybe little faeries called Stattie's or it was a weapon a static.. sounded dangerous.

Gwayne's fantasy as usual was without bounds. He kept on searching for a place that sold clothing.. well normal clothing.. he did not need to be protected from statics.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

As Gwayne made his way through the Bazaar he passed many usual and strange shops alike. Eventually he pased a shop with the symbol of scissors, thread and a coat hanging over it's door, and the door was open, although there wasn't currently a 'shouter' in the street for the shop.

There was a small boy sweeping the floor inside, and an old woman sewing a pair of torn breeches in the back. Other than the "static-proof" Continental Clout Clothing shop, this seemed to be the only shop around for a good walking distance that sold clothes.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Well... so he had found a shop that sold clothing.. uh made clothing. Something like that. Gwayne thought. So he nodded to the little boy and made his way in.

With a tat of a insecure smile towards the old woman he said "Uh... well... uh... I need some clothing I guess.. can you help me ?"

The young adhiel was a tat annoyed to notice that his stutter had returned...

"I ... ". "I...", "I am Gwayne... sorry that I interrupt you in your work."

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Gwayne?" The old woman looked up, and she didn't seem to be in high spirits. She had gray hair and tan, leathery skin. A mole rested on the tip of her nose and her eyes were weary, with wrinkles of age underneath them, sagging to make her look quite miserable. Her garment was a simple blue tunic, and she wore an eccentrically pink shawl around her shoulders that despite it's juvenile appearance, didn't make her seem a day younger.

Her voice almost croaked like a frog, and she seemed energetic, but quite on death's door. "My fingers are tired, how about you make your own clothing?" What she said to most people would seem like a joke, but she didn't smile or bat an eye. The boy continued to sweep, and he even swept around Gwayne's feet without acknowledging him.
Last edited by Haikan on Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Gwayne swallowed something that could have been the frog that the woman used as a voice.

"Bbbbut I can not make clothing... I can do woodworking and hunting though.."

Gwayne felt like he was like back home. He thought people did do stuff here for money. But this woman reacted more like his mother... in a bad mood.

So he wondered if he was in the wrong place...

"I am sorry that you have to work on your old age. Is there nobody to take care of you ? The Goddess gives and takes, but we should share with the elders.."

The young man pondered.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The old woman stopped working for a minute as Gwayne made his nervous offering. She lifted the breeches in the air, and then she slowly turned them around, examining the half-stitched hold in the crotch of them. Suddenly, she pulled her arm back and threw the breeches to Gwayne. "Fix them, and I'll make your clothing. I'm going to bed. Holler when you're done."

With that, she walked into the back and disappeared behind a curtain, and the ten or so year old boy continued sweeping, dutifully ignoring Gwayne. He lifted a chair and set it to the side, sweeping the dust out from under it, and then he replaced it. He continued this routine as if a robot programmed to do so.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Catching the breeches in a perplexed state the young adhiel looked at it. He had several options now... drop them and search for less complicated solution. Accept the challenge and go to work or scream and shout at the old lady...

He felt most like option three.. still creativity had always been a part of his personality and skills so before he knew it he had placed himself at the floor, collected needle and thread and was figuring out what would be the best way to fix the damn thing. He had done needle work before so it should be possible.

It did not stop him from punching some hole's in his fingers in the process though.

Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The pattern of the thread was quite clear, as it was white thread in colored breeches. He got about halfway through and was doing a decent job, although a few stitches were unkempt. It was so far passable, and as he was about two-thirds of the way done, he skewered his forefinger and drew blood.

The small boy hopped into the back and swiftly returned, holding his hand out without speaking. In his palm there was a thimble, or a finger-shield, as he liked to call them.

"Take."

If Gwayne didn't take it within a flicker, the boy would set it on the ground right in front of him and resume sweeping in the corner.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

"Oh.. thanks" Gwayne said while taking the shield. He returned quickly to work , what now was easier because his fingers stayed unharmed.

"Can you speak ?" he asked the sweeping boy.

He wondered why he got into this situation.. well the Goddess had done many things and he was not surprised. It actually started to become funny.

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt”