A Calm Curiosity - Jygust 30th (MT) - Amber

The glorious Summer City upon the white cliffs of the magical Mer de la Luna in the Western Kingdom that harbours many nobles. Home to the Summer Palace of the former King as well as vineyards that produce the city's famous wines. Anything is possible here, if you are willing to bring the right sacrifices.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Haikan
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

A Calm Curiosity - Jygust 30th (MT) - Amber

Post by Haikan »

This thread continued from Career Change

There was a light haze in the air as Amber continued down the hallways below deck. The soothing feeling was getting stronger, but it wasn't so much inhibiting, as it was just giving her a general warm feeling. One girl was shouting in climax (most likely a performance) inside a room to her right. One of the doors was slightly opened, but there was light colored smoke pouring out, and it was clearly occupied.

There was a closet in the back of the hall, and another door that had a lock on it. It was directly across from the stairwell that led down to this hallway, and it was likely that it led down further, to some place Envergine didn't want people to be going. At the end of the hall, the farthest door on the right slammed shut.
Last edited by Haikan on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber was starting to get an idea that maybe something wasn't entirely right. She'd never felt like this before, and although it felt nice, she was starting to think it was a little odd. The problem was, it kept her relaxed to enough to almost immediately dismiss those concerns. Every time she started to think maybe she should turn around and go back the other way, she shrugged it off and kept going.

The sounds of a girl screaming in obvious pleasure were strangely attractive, and she very nearly went to peek in the open door. She very much wanted to see what it was that could make a girl cry out like that.

A door slamming made her turn her head - she was too calm to actually jump in surprise - and she forgot about whatever was happening inside that room. Her eyes fell on the locked door, and she felt her curiosity rising. Looking around carefully to make sure she wasn't watched, she approached the door and examined the lock. She wanted to know what was behind it. She chewed her lower lip for a moment in indecision, then - before she could think better of it, she pulled out her lockpicking kit and started trying to unlock it. She didn't have much skill in doing this, but she'd tinkered around with picking locks in the past. She licked her lips as she concentrated, going down on one knee to she could bring the lock to eye level.
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

The lock that was before her wasn't simple, but it wasn't impossible to work with. It appeared as though it would take at least a few burns to unlock even with her kit. The door that had recently slammed near the locked door she examined creaked a bit as it swung slightly inward. Evidently it didn't latch when it slammed. It was about two paces to her right, and there were no lights on in the room.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Although it was quickly evident that this lock was going to take quite a bit of work, Amber wasn't deterred. The calm sensation running through her had her feeling at ease; she was in no rush, and she had always been very patient when she got her mind focused on one thing. Her tongue slid further and further out as she concentrated on it, until it looked like she was making a rude face at the door.

She froze as she heard the door to her right creak. She glanced over her shoulder, and realized that it was open. She looked between it and the lock a few times, obviously torn over which curiosity to satisfy first. The easier one finally won out, and she put away her lock picking tools and stepped over to the open door.

She hesitated for a moment, then slowly pushed it open enough to stick her head inside and try to look around.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

As Amber worked with the lock, the door slowed to a halt with a loud creak, about half open. Now she could see that there were flickering lights that were evidently from scented candles in the room. As she peered in there was a man lounging in an easy chair on the right side of the room, holding a glass in his left hand. The candles were on a table to his left, as well as a bottle of sweet wine. His garment was a tight-fitting red silk robe, and on his fair-skinned face, he had a neatly shaved dark goatee. His eyes were blue, and in the dim light they seemed to be an impossibly dark blue, for the light was a bit decieving.

"Oh, Have you come to visit me?" He asked in a soothing baritone. The scented candles smelled intoxicatingly pleasant, and there was a window open letting the warm breeze of the Mer flow in. There was an oak dresser and a bed with clean unadulterated sheets to her left.

"Did Envergine send you? I must say I didn't ask for company- not that I mind your presence. I merely mean that I am not looking for the sort of business that is common here. Tell me, my lady," he stood up and his robe clung to his muscular body, and he was revealed to be a few inches taller than Amber. "What is your name?"
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Had Amber had her proper wits about her, she would have apologized for intruding, made some excuse about how she had the wrong room, and she would have beat a hasty retreat. As it was, calm had completely shrouded her senses, and she found herself unconcerned that she could get into serious trouble right now.

Her eyes glanced at the candles momentarily, and she realized that was where the scent seemed to be coming from. She was enjoying the feeling that was coursing through her, and she didn't want to leave it just yet. That meant she had to find some way to be able to stay, at least for a little bit. She looked back up at the man.

"I... yes, Envergine sent me," she murmured. She looked up at him as he stood. "My name is Amber," she replied. "I'm new here."
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Amber, that is a lovely name." He took a sip of his wine and set it down on the table. "My name is Vaughn. I actually have just come to relax, as I am a busy man with many duties. I imagined my business associates wouldn't look for me here, so I intend to take the evening off. That shouldn't matter much to you, I apologize for rambling." His voice was deep and hypnotic, with a charisma to it that seemed to be enhanced by the warmness that filled her mind. "But a business man who is depended on doesn't often get a break. At any rate, you said that you are new here. Are you satisfied with this establishment? I hope Envergine is being good to you."

He walked over to the bed and sat at the foot, patting his hand on the cushy surface in offering to her. "Come, have a seat, Amber. If anxiety of your new life troubles you, relaxing is sure to help."
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber stood still, staring at him. She was entranced by the sound of his voice. It sounded so strong, so warm, in complete harmony with the calm that enveloped her. She hoped that he would just talk and talk and talk.

As he patted a spot on the bed next to him, her legs instinctively took her over to him and she sat down next to him. "Envergine is... a harsh woman," she said, remembering being smacked with the woman's rod several times, and having her arm nearly wrenched out of her shoulder. But for some reason, now, she wasn't bothered by those memories. She couldn't be bothered by anything right now.

"But, I've been in worse," she went on. She slouched a little, relaxing. "I just don't know what's expected of me, really."
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Harsh... You speak so kindly of her. I've heard much coarser language in her direction. In all honesty though, I've never met her face to face." A gentle but rough hand was placed on her shoulder on the other side from him. He pulled her to lean on him and he spoke again, his voice almost a supersoothing and charismatic drone of baritone.

"You should relax, I imagine if she's that rough on you she must have you as a worker, or a student. You'd better be careful though, her line of work is important but dangerous... Ah what am I saying, I know so little of what she really does. I should like to meet her someday, but I'm frightfully apathetic, and she's always busy when I'm around. I really think she could use my services, but... We'll see tonight, I have a meeting with her." Vaughn began to rub Amber's shoulder with his hand while he spoke, and her sore muscles were jolted with ecstasy as they loosened up in his grip.

"I shouldn't blather on about myself, you feel like you've been moving mountains! Poor girl, must be sore as the nether." If she would allow him to guide her to turn away slightly, he would place his other hand on her shoulder and rub with his thumbs in a symmetrical pattern, working out the knots of her muscular back and shoulders. "You should take it easy, Amber. If you work all the time, your muscles won't have a chance to rebuild and get stronger."
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber just listened to him, mesmerized by his voice as he spoke to her. He seemed to her to be a very wise man, with a lot of common sense, and she swore to herself that she would follow his advice. She sighed in quiet pleasure as he rubbed her shoulder, making a wonderful feeling run through her sore body.

"I am very sore," she murmured, as she allowed him to turn her away from him slightly. "Oooohhhh," she moaned softly as he started to massage her toned back and shoulders. "That feels very good." She lowered her head as she relaxed, leaning back against his hand, every now and then shuddering in pleasure as he worked out a particularly tight knot.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Vaughn was hopelessly attracted to Amber even as he just met her, however he was doing his best to remain a gentleman, not to use his charisma to seduce an otherwise unwilling woman. Unfortunately for him, his scruples often got in the way of his desires.

"If you want some wine, you can help yourself. I have a very sweet brand, imported from the empire. Pan's Isle, to be specific." She needs to relax, Envergine is going to be even rougher on her tomorrow. Sweet aether, what a majestic creature. His own slight inebriation caused his mind to easily succumb to infatuation with the beautiful assassin. He continued to rub her shoulders, and his hands slowly made their way down her sides, his fingertips sliding along her curves, and his thumbs working the knots out of her middle back, and then her lower back, just above the cut of her pants. He worked his way back up and down again, making sure to not leave any muscle unmassaged. He noticed the suspiciousness of a man offering a woman alcohol on a whore ship, and he decided to explain himself.

"Don't worry Amber, I don't plan on taking advantage of you, I just think it would help you relax and rest tonight, for tomorrow will probably be as taxing as today in the least." Vaughn said with a corny laugh. "A deadly desert rose such as yourself makes her own decisions," He was failing to keep his mind off of her beauty, and he decided to attempt a topic change. "What was it you were seeking on this boat?"
Last edited by Haikan on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber thought that Vaughn's suggestion of some wine was an excellent one, and, careful to make sure she stayed in reach of his ministrations, she leaned over and captured the bottle. She was in the process of opening it when he mentioned taking advantage of her. She paused for a moment, but then shrugged, still unable to become concerned about anything. In fact, she was so relaxed, that she wasn't even able to be concerned about how she always reacted to alcohol.

"The thought hadn't occurred to me," she murmured. And although she now took a longer glance at the bottle of wine, she shrugged and took a sip from it. She was also unconcerned at her lack of manners, for drinking straight from the bottle.

"I found what I was seeking well before I ever came aboard," she started to explain. "I came here to capture someone and take her back to Dort for bounty, but in the end, decided that it would be easier to kill her instead." She shrugged. "I was wrong. Envergine caught me, and now she intends to train me as the girl's replacement." She took another, longer draught from the bottle.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"Ah, I see. So you're living a dangerous life then. I would look over your shoulder, for the life of an assassin is thrilling but deadly." Vaughn retracted his hands away from her, having tired hands and imagining that she felt much better. He crawled to the top of the bed and laid down face up, with his hands acting as a pillow behind his head. "Well, if you need somebody to come to in friendlier spirits, I'll be there for you, Amber. I'll offer you the love of a peaceful neighbor, and help you escape the noise of your hectic life." He grinned, and he just looked into her eyes, captivated wholly by her. He was smitten, and wanted so badly for her to be an employee of the loving kind at this moment, but she was an assassin, not a lover.

"I mean love in a most inocuous manner, dear Amber. I imagine your passion is in fighting, moreso than in loving, so to speak. At any rate, Vaughn Richard Madison is your friend."
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

"Well, it wasn't my intent to be an assassin," she replied irritably. "I was just trying to collect a bounty and bring a lawbreaker to justice, then I was going to return home. But now, it seems, I serve Envergine, or I die. Not much of a choice, really."

She took another swallow of the wine, her cheeks already starting to flush from its affects. She rolled onto her stomach lower on the bed and stretched out, apparently taking his invitation to relax to heart. Her current position, though, allowed him a full look at her ample cleavage, as her vest was low cut and her shirt was unbuttoned halfway down. She was unaware of the view she was giving him, though, as she propped her head up with a hand on her cheek and her elbow planted on the mattress.

She held the wine bottle up for him. "Here, want some?" she asked. Then she shrugged. "I do like a good fight, I guess," she said. "I've only ever had two lovers before. Of course, they were both at the same time." She shrugged again, remembering her long night with Eivlys and Caleb.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"I don't suppose it would hurt too much for me to have another glass." He took her buxom display as a sign that Amber was showing off. The man couldn't help but wonder... On top of that, he was unwilling to turn her offer of more wine down, despite the fact he'd already had his preferred limit of wine. He could not bring himself to disappoint this girl, so he slid over to the side of the bed and he stood, his robe once again pulling tight against his muscled body. He decided to do a little bit of showing off in return, and while he reached for the glass on his table, he extended his arm and he flexed his entire upper body, causing the shoulder of his robe to slip down to his elbows, which displayed his entire torso, tan and strong, with a handsome inward curve from his pectorals down to his hips.

What the nether am I doing?? His face flushed red, but he hid his embarrassment and slowly pulled his robe back over his shoulders as he returned to the bed. He sat down and took the bottle from Amber. He poured it half-full and took a sip, and he set the glass and the bottle back on the table. Fighting a losing battle in his mind, he raised a hand up to Amber's cheek and gently brushed it along, down to her jawline and he smiled at her. "Well, that is certainly fascinating. What a great way to relax.." His deep soothing voice remained ever-seductive while his thoughts were quite contrary. What am I doing!? This woman's an assassin!

Inwardly, he lamented over the spell she had on him. Outwardly, he was giving the spell right back to her. He was completely hers, even if it caused him to fear for his life. Vaughn had no weapons on him, and no way to protect himself if she deemed him worthy to be assassinated. Still, something told him that she spoke the truth about not wanting this job. She seemed like a good woman. And an attractive one too...
Last edited by Haikan on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber looked up at Vaughn with wide eyes as his robe slid down, revealing his muscular upper body. Wow, he's strong, she mused silently, and she vaguely realized that she was gaping at him like a little girl staring at her childhood sweetheart. Her imagination started to run away from her, and she imagined him wrapping those strong arms around her, pulling her close...

She shivered as he slid a hand along her sensitive jaw, breaking her thoughts. "Yeah," she murmured, gazing up into his eyes. "It was..."

She drank in his voice as he spoke to her. She loved it. It made her shiver softly, in a good way. As he set the bottle on the table, she used it as an excuse and slid closer to him, sprawling partially on his lap as she reached to get the bottle.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Vaughn's face was no longer blushing, for his blood was focusing on a different part of his body. As Amber sprawled herself over him, she could feel that extension of his body- not that he was trying to draw attention to it. His hand slid up and down her waist, underneath her shirt as she did so, and he subconsciously guided her fully onto his lap. He placed his hands on her waist and looked into her eyes.

"I'm helpless before your beauty, Amber." His face was only inches from hers, and the sweet scent of the candles was still filling the air. One of his hands ran up and down her back, and he smiled. His heart was beating rapidly, and he'd not been this thrilled in a long time.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber shivered slightly in pleasure as she felt his hand slide beneath her shirt, touching her bare skin. She let him pull her onto his lap, and she was plainly able to feel the hardness that was now against her belly. She reached the wine bottle and took it, then slowly turned over in his lap - rubbing against his hardness the entire time - to look up at him, now laying on her back in his lap.

Looking up into his eyes, she sat up slowly, straddling his lap, and slowly leaning forward until her breasts pressed against his chest. She took another swallow from the wine bottle, then paused. A grin curved her lips as she felt his heart pounding against her breasts. She slid a hand up under his shirt to put it over his heart, and she laughed softly, apparently amused.

"Thank you," she murmured. She leaned closer to him as if she were going to kiss him, but at the last moment, she turned away and made her best attempt to drain the bottle of wine in one go.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

As Amber was tying up any loose end of uncertainty that could have possibly been in Vaughn's mind, the hardness became considerably more significant, and as she turned and finished the bottle, Vaughn gently touched his lips to Amber's earlobe. There was a faint tapping against the windowpane, which sounded like it might have been hail, or a couple seagulls giving the glass a new paintjob. Vaughn slid his hands back down and his finger teased her beltline, going slightly into the front of her pants. Not invasively, but ever so slightly. "Amber, this sounds insane, but I think I'm falling..."

The tapping happened again, and the handsome man glanced over at the window. At that moment his eyes grew wide, and the hardness began to subside. Like a gifted contortionist, he wriggled his leg between the two of them, and placing his foot on her chest, he shoved her very hard, causing her to be launched somewhat into the air and land several paces away, in the corner, with the dresser between her and the window. She was nimble enough that even with the alcohol in her, she could catch herself on her feet. Ksshhh!

The bottle that she dropped harmonized with the window shattering, and into the room somersaulted a cloaked figure which didn't seem to see Amber in the corner. The figure with lightning speed got to it's feet, and it had one smoking hand-cannon, and another one pressed up against the side of Vaughn's face. A male voice came from the five-foot tall humanoid. "Where, the fuck, is Malachi?"

Another cloaked figure of similar height climbed in, not quite as gracefully, and this one didn't seem to have any weapons out. Vaughn forced himself not to look at Amber. If he did he would ruin her concealment, and his facial expression was bold, unafraid. His heart was still beating, and still, the concern and nervousness involved this strange new woman he was in love with.

"I don't know anyone named Malachi."
Last edited by Haikan on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

The alcohol was flowing heavy and fast in Amber's veins now. If she had been sober, she wouldn't have been acting like this with this strange man at all, but she wasn't sober, and he was incredibly handsome, and the sound of his voice made her tremble with pleasure. She was beginning to realize that the hardness she felt pressing up between her legs was his arousal, and she shifted a bit against it, teasing him, leaning back a little as he started to slide his hands into her pants, trying to give him better access. She looked deeply into his eyes as he started to speak, words that she suddenly desperately wanted to hear.

But he never finished them. The next thing she knew, his foot was between her breasts and shoving her backward with enough force to knock the wind out of her lungs. She managed to get her legs beneath her as she came down, and she landed on her feet. But as the window shattered inward, she instinctively dropped into a crouch. She reached for her knives, only to realize that Envergine still had them. She didn't even have the baton with her.

She pressed further back into the corner, watching silently as the second figure entered. Even drunk as she was, the sudden adrenaline spiking through her body cleared her mind a bit, and she realized that she was now in a very dangerous position. She had three options. She could help Vaughn, she could hide, or she could try to run. But if Amber Kynterle was anything, it was definitely not a coward. Besides, she kinda liked Vaughn, and she'd be unhappy if something happened to him. That left her with really only one choice.

She poked her head out just enough to try to make eye contact with Vaughn, to let him know she intended to make a move, and then without further warning, she stood, and launched herself at the second figure, howling as loudly as she could to create as much surprise and confusion as possible. She didn't attack the first figure, for fear that his hand cannon might discharge into Vaughn's head. She hope the surprise attack on the man's partner would distract him just enough for Vaughn to get out of the line of fire and turn the tables on his attacker.

She rushed forward as fast as she could, employing a tactic she'd seen unarmed Clansmen use during the war against the demoness's soldiers. She went straight for the figures legs, hoping to tackle it, entangle them in her arms, and bring it down, where she could pounce upon it and proceed to beath it senseless.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

"I don't owe you anything, Darkrise." Vaughn pretended to bravely accept death while Amber signaled him, while in reality he was formulating a plan to improvise while she worked. "You might as well kill me now."

"Guessed wrong, dipshit. You think Darkrise would show up for the likes of you?" Thwack! He smacked Vaughn across the face with his loaded gun and he tossed the smoking one to his companion. Vaughn recoiled to the side, and when he returned to his upright position, there was blood dripping from his lip. Returning the muzzle to his head, the man lifted his empty hand to his hood and he pulled it back, exposing white hair with gray streaks, and black skin. His ears were pointed, and his eyes were deep blue.

"It's master Raemond Skott, to you. Looks like we don't have to be so secretive... We're all alone, and you aren't going to be alive much longer, Sorihn."

"Why, I haven't been called that in years... I think you have the wrong man..."

"There's no getting out of this, bluff all you wa- what?"

Raemond looked with total shock as Amber launched toward his comrade. "Bitch!" He began to move the gun toward her, but Vaughn grabbed the collar of Raemond's cloak and pulled the dark elf's face into his rising knee. Thunk! Blood spattered from his nose, and the handsome seducer grabbed Rae's gun and threw it out the window. Still holding onto his collar, he punched Raemond twice in the face with his right arm, and much to the demise of the dark elf's nose, it was the same spot he hit all three times. Vaughn let go with the last hit, and it sent Rae stumbling back several steps. Blood was pouring down his chin and hand, but he wasn't near down for the count.

"Fuck! The bitch tricked me!" Raemond hissed as he clutched his face with his left hand and moved back, moving his primary hand to the hilt of his sword.

Vaughn's handsome and soothing voice was growing loud, and he called out to Amber. "Darling, Save yourself! You don't want to risk getting involved with these people! You'll regret it!" Vaughn shouted as he rose to his feet and he pulled a dagger out from his robe. He purposely avoided using her name. If she survived and they knew her name, they'd find her, and he knew that.

As that was all going on, Amber's opponent jumped onto the bed. She managed to catch one of his legs, but being inhibited her hands were slightly clumsier than normal, and he pulled it free. He threw the used gun to the side and pulled off his cloak as she tumbled to the ground, revealing tight leather armor and nothing else underneath. He was also a dark adhiel, but his hair was dark gray and his eyes matched. His muscles were lean and rippling, similar to Vaughn's build, but he seemed thinner, more fragile. A deep scar ran from his chin to his nose, and he didn't say anything. He stepped down from the bed away from Amber and walked to the opposite side of the room, looking her right in the eyes, and he signaled for her to come after him. He was waiting for her to get up.

"What are you doing, Spyre? Fuck the girl, help me kill Sorihn!"

But her opponent didn't answer, he merely looked at her with a waiting gaze, completely devoid of emotion and uncaring who lived or died. I've seen so many battles... It wouldn't be fair for me to kill this young and inexperienced one so quickly.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Haikan wrote:"Darling, Save yourself! You don't want to risk getting involved with these people! You'll regret it!"

Amber held onto her opponent's ankle as hard as she could, but despite her best efforts, he slipped out of her grasp and she ended up face first on the floor hard. To her credit, she popped back up onto her feet relatively quickly, but not before the dark adhiel was ready for her.

She heard Vaughn's shout to run, but she wasn't in the habit of running from a fight. Not to mention the fact she suspected this fellow would stab her in the back the moment she turned away from him. But she knew that he also looked to be a much more experienced fighter than she was, at least in hand to hand combat. Trying to face him head on would probably end badly for her. When facing a superior opponent, there's only one smart thing to do: gang up on him.

Amber attacked. But she didn't attack Spyre. Instead, she lunged sideways and tackled Raemond as hard as she could, simply focusing on doing whatever she could to take him down or slow him.

"Stab him! Stab him!" she shouted at Vaughn as she struggled to grab Raemond's arms and render him defenseless against an attack.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

Amber's tackle was a complete success, she knocked Raemond sideways and he was catapulted down to the ground. He was much lighter than her, and her maneuver struck him hard. He tumbled head over heels and grunted as he came to a stop near the bed; it was clear that he wasn't doing well. One could even say he was getting his ass kicked. However with increasing venom in his tone, he shouted "Spyre! do something you idiot!"

But he wasn't halfway through when Vaughn suddenly flew backwards. The silent dark elf known as Spyre had grabbed him by the back of his neck and clutched his right elbow, throwing him back into the wall behind them. He hit the wall hard, and he sprawled onto the ground. He wasn't down for the count, but the human was taking his time getting up. His body was bruised pretty badly from that vicious throw, but Amber wouldn't be able to tell. Niel Spyre took a step placing himself between the two of them and he pulled out two matching stilettos. He threw one at her feet. As it clanged to the ground, Skott was quick to reprimand him.

"Spyre you twit, what are you doing!? Now's not the time for your bullshit!"

He didn't vocally explain himself, but his gaze made it clear. She was fighting him, not Rae. I don't suggest breaking my trust again, human... He glanced at Raemond, and tapped the scar on his lips. After that he returned his icy stare to Amber. His remaining stiletto rose and he twirled it in his fingers. Vaughn was coughing, but he eventually stood, and looked over Spyre's short head at her.

"Darling... I told you to run. Now you are damned to fight this man. Please my love, be careful. And don't worry about Skott, I'll take care of him, he's a bloody nothing without Spyre. Just, don't you dare die. Trust me, you can do this, I know you can." He glanced at the now snuffed out candle that had intoxicated her before. Also, while he acted as if he would never interfere, he gave her a wink, and his grip tightened on his dagger. I may very well get myself killed this evening.

Spyre's head tilted slightly and his eyes flicked back toward Vaughn for just a second. After that his stare didn't move from it's final position, locked with Amber's.

She could feel what was once quite a calm and soothing sensation in her stomach, moving to her mind. What was calm, was now fierce and cognitive. Her thoughts were very clear despite the alcohol, and her muscles were burning, itching to move, thirsting for action. Every twitch from Spyre came with a siren to her senses, and cold sweat began lubricate her hands.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Amber turned quickly to face Spyre as he threw Vaughn against the wall, expecting him to come after her next. She flinched as he threw the stiletto at her, and was surprised to find it at her feet, instead of buried in her body. Her confusion faded rapidly though, as she saw the look in the dark Adhiel's eyes. It was the same look that she'd exchanged with soldiers on the battlefield as they found themselves facing each other, knowing they would have to fight if they wanted to win the day.

Vaughn's words seemed dim in her ears as he spoke to her. All of her concentration, all of her senses, were focused on Spyre. Nothing else mattered right now. Her skin tingled, and the hairs on the back of her neck felt like they were standing straight out. She'd only felt like this once or twice before, and then only fleetingly, when she was completely immersed in combat. But this sensation stayed with her, and she didn't bother to question it. There were much more pressing matters at hand...

She slowly crouched, her body tense and ready, reaching for the stiletto, though her eyes didn't leave Spyre even for a second. She picked the blade up, shifting it deftly with her fingers until it sat comfortably in her hand. She rose slowly into a ready stance, her free hand held up and in front of her face, just below eye level, ready to fend off any blows that came in toward her head or upper body. Her legs were slightly bent, prepared to spring her in any direction, her feet spread apart, keeping her center of gravity low and steady. Her knife hand was drawn back a bit, so as to increase the distance, and therefore the speed and force with which she could strike.

Her arms and legs tingled, her eyes darting quickly back and forth, up and down, traveling along Spyre's form, evaluating, studying, planning. Even her heartbeat slowed. Time seemed to stand still for her...

And then, without warning, she darted forward, not hard enough to throw herself off balance, but fast enough for surprise, and as she came, she brought her blade around in a tight-arced sweeping strike from the right.
Haikan

Post by Haikan »

ooc: this thread is now impassable.

The two of them stood in an even face-off for what seemed like eternity. Vaughn and Raemond didn't exist in Amber's world, only Spyre. He stood, with his arms at his sides, and his eyes maintained their lock on hers. He didn't so much as adjust his footing. He merely waited, analyzing Amber in the same way she did him. He was beginning to think she'd never attack when suddenly, with inhuman speed, she lunged toward him. Her legs tickled from the amount of force they were exerting, and Spyre's eyes grew wide with shock at her speed. A quiet grunt could be heard from him as he dodged to his left, in the same direction the attack came from.

He barely evaded the attack, in fact her stiletto slashed his right shoulder as he swept to the side. The cut was shallow, but it drew blood, splashing the wall behind him. He didn't make a sound as this happened, rather he whirled in a circle as Amber continued to move and connected a vicious kick to her back. Since she was already moving, the damage was minimized, but it forced her to crash into the wall and Spyre leaped across the room, landing near the window, exactly opposite of her. Amber could not feel any pain in her back, or anywhere, her adrenaline was far too powerful.

He waited for her to turn around and face him, and he waited a few flickers longer. Then, suddenly, the dark elf quickly shuffled towards her and whipped his stiletto up over his head in his right hand, and he swiftly arced it down in a slashing motion, towards the corner of her neck and shoulder. Time seemed to slow... She could see the blade falling, and she could see... His left side was protected by a curled arm... His right side was launching an attack... He was moving fast... but his attacking side (though deadly and oncoming) was vulnerable. Also, his legs were moving in swift motions, but his feet remained close to the ground, due to their close-quarters. His right side, and his lower legs were practically screaming "opening!"

It was a dangerous life-and-death scenario, but her mind was more observant than she'd ever felt before. Regardless, if she didn't act soon, she would be a corpse.
Last edited by Haikan on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt”