Burpin Dragon - Noontide Jy 31st - Open to ALL players!

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Burpin Dragon - Noontide Jy 31st - Open to ALL players!

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Looking for some new player interaction! Join if you want to have a good lunch.

Dragon's Den wrote:The Burpin Dragon is a two floor friendly Inn for those travelers down on their luck. Run by an odd couple, this Inn caters to the poor and kind of heart. Here a man or woman can get experienced advice, new jokes and a place to stay for a very low price. Bardic and rogueish people tend to frequent this Inn the most. Bards share their talents and compete in a friendly atmosphere, while rogues can feel safe and secure for a night.

The well decorated foyer contains a grumbling old dwarf behind a desk, a place to hang your coat, a few comfy seats to rest in while waiting to check in, and a few baked goods to sample while your relaxing. A stairway leads up to the second floor and a doorway leads into the Bar, where sounds of merry fun can be heard.

It was early, and Ashari had just paid Motley for what she owed for the class that he didn't have to teach since her students had run off on an adventure to find their missing classmate, Paige. Ashari, meanwhile, didn't have much in the way of worry. Aerin had suggested that she'd seen her out with a young man the day prior, and Ash had a mind to think said young man was waking up to her long lean form in a straw bed somewhere in the city this very afternoon after an evening of Panling-like exercises. Under the right circumstances it could've made Ash upset, angry even, but it didn't matter. Pecunia would see that she'd make her money so long as the girl was alive.

Finding her way through the foyer into the bar, Ash got comfortable at a table where she ordered a mead, some bread and butter and prepared for some good old fashioned people watching. She'd dressed down for this occasion in black leather leggings tucked into knee high boots and a washed out blue chemise over which she layered a bodice and vest to expose a generous amount of cleavage. Her long black locks tumbled around her shoulders and down her back in layers of large elegant curls, which she delicately tucked behind her round ears. Her only other accessory was a large radiant smile that had the hope of attracting some stranger with whom she could pass some time without having to be a mentor. Or maybe a new student... One did have to keep an eye open, but it certainly wasn't her aim for the afternoon.
Last edited by Ashari on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

The satisfied man had gotten home rather late the evening before, so slept in later than he had wanted. Somewhere between morning and noontide he spent a little time grooming and pampering himself. He finished that sooner than he expected and was able to spend a little bit more time with his companion. Gotham sat with the squirrel playing games, teaching tricks and talking back and forth. They talked primarily about squirrelly subjects such as the weather.

When the time came, the man changed from his sleep wear into clothes that he would have considered his "day off but staying around the house" clothes. Leaving his room he headed for the stairs that would lead him to lunch.

Scanning the flight to make sure no one was coming up, he made his decent. While walking down his view switched to the room as soon as he was able to see - surveying the afternoon croud. Gotham had spent the greater part of three months and knew the faces of those who regularly gathered at the tavern. A raven haired woman caught his eyes as soon as they fell upon her. As he cleared the steps he made a bee-line for this woman's table.

Standing before her table, he asked politely "mind if I join you?" Meanwhile Dnymori sat in the room sending the panling feelings of joy.
"Protect life... until death."
--Leeloo, The Fifth Element.

Avatar by Ashari with stock photo of [url=http://www.myspace.com/jamesson]Jamesson[/url].
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari's slate gray eyes drifted over Gotham and met his crisp gaze. "Please, do," she lifted her hand and waved it palm up at the seat across from her with an even smile that was inviting as well as intrigued by this stranger who had the hint of an accent of World's Mouth. Do any Mouthies stay there? She wondered briefly to herself. Or have they all left for the Citadel? Ash had met a number of them since coming to the Seven Isles - certainly more than she'd met back home in King's Court, which was almost laughable considering how much closer one was to the other.

"You look... comfortable do you live here at the Dragon?" She asked with no measure of restraint of her curiosity while her eyes finished their perusal of his form as he took to sitting. Ashari sipped at her mead while watching the stranger and waiting for his response and more clues as to his origin, for he didn't particularly look like he was from the West.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

Sitting down, his bum slid to the base of the back rest so his spine was as vertical to the floor as he was going to get it. "Thank you," he mustered before his own eyes studied her face.

"Currently, I am staying here at the Dragon. The people who run the joint are nice and pleasant to be around. And as a bonus I get to hear the latest information that's sifting its way around town," he added with a smile.

"Originally I am from World's Mouth. I enlisted in the army and ended up in Pan's Isle. After the struggle was done and over with my heart led me here," the explanation said plenty and nothing at all. He left out all the specifics of his thus-far expedition since ears were always listening in the tether.

"Now, miss, I have been living here for the greater part of 3 months and I have not seen you in here once. From your attire and mannerisms, I assume you have been in the Citadel quite some time. What brings you into this neck of the woods?"

Avatar by Ashari with stock photo of [url=http://www.myspace.com/jamesson]Jamesson[/url].
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

For how little information he'd given, Ashari had gathered much. He'd managed to answer several of her internal questions within his first breaths, and that, in itself, was quite nice. "I had a grandmother from the Mouth," she said. "But I'm from King's Court myself, not a native of this rocky isle by any means," here, she laughed and sipped at her mead.

"You're right in your guess that I've been here for a time, though... close to a yahren now. I suppose I'm getting comfortable and picking up their manner of speech." For the first time, Ashari actually wondered about that, and thought on how much she'd changed both the way she carried herself and the way she presented herself since living in the capital city of the Empire. She liked to think there was still the roguish raven haired beauty hiding behind the countenance of a lady, though.

This stranger was quite sharp with his questions, but Ash was just out for a bit of fun. "As to why I'm here, well, the same reasons as you: checking the gossip and meeting other foreigners such as myself who generally frequent this tavern. It makes me feel closer to home when I meet someone from King's Court. Shame you're not," she smiled and met his cool blue eyes. They were like ice, almost difficult to meet with their intensity. She didn't think in her life she'd ever seen a color quite like them. "So, then.. any good information I should be up on?" A slender brow arched invitingly as she waited to see if this young man could prove himself. If he was on top of his game perhaps an introduction to Tom Crane's organization could be in order - but one could never tell within the first few burns of conversation.
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

Gotham held his tongue when the woman mentioned that he was here to sight-see.  The white knight was residing in the Citadel for quite different reasons.  He was here to gain allies and acquire more permanent protection for an isle he came to love and enjoy.  Gotham knew that he would not always be around and the cost of some allies would be weighted more heavily than others. With the little free time that he had, he desperately sought a physical higher power to watch over the mainly peaceful race.
"Good gossip? You ask?  Only if you can keep a secret," he said slyly with a bright smile.

Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Galen Brandywine glanced up at the sign over the door that identified the establishment as the Burpin’ Dragon. He had been told this somewhat ramshackle tavern was a good place to start his search for a new life in the Citadel: he could get a drink, a meal, a room for the night and, perhaps, a lead on where he might find work as a bartender or wine steward. He rubbed the side of his finger on his teeth, breathed into the palm of his hand and sniffed. I need one of those toothpicks soaked in cinnamon oil, he thought. He shrugged to himself, touched the strap of his oilcloth satchel which he wore slung across his chest as if to confirm it was still there, hefted his well-worn rucksack over his left shoulder, took a deep breath and opened the door.

Galen was new to the Citadel, having just arrived there the day before on a tramp freighter from Kes'Levy. He had stayed last night at a flophouse near the port, sleeping in his clothes, and he looked well-rested but unshaven and a bit rumpled. He was a young Achadhiel man, just eighteen years old, with shoulder-length auburn hair pulled back into a ponytail, with a few stray wisps falling in front of his ears. He had large, almond-shaped gray-green eyes (the un-Adhiel color presumably a legacy of his human father) and a few days' worth of pale red stubble along his lower jaw and chin. He wore yesterday's clothes, leather T'aquar-style trousers, an ivory cotton shirt left open and untied revealing a lean, strong chest covered with a light but very human nest of strawberry-blond hair, plain and well-worn brown leather boots, and a green waxed cotton cap with a sweat-stained brim.

Galen had heard from Hugh the boatswain on the trip over from Kes’Levy that the Burpin' Dragon was a friendly inn for travelers down on their luck. The way Hugh described it, it was a two-story inn and tavern run by an odd couple, catering “to the poor and kind of heart” (in Hugh’s words) where a man could get some advice, hear a few jokes and find a place to stay for a very low price. Works for me, he thought.

As he walked in, Galen found a well-decorated foyer with a cranky-looking old dwarf seated behind a desk, some pegs where one could hang his coat (except that it was Jygust so of course too warm for a coat or cloak), a few comfy seats to rest in while waiting to check in, and a few baked goods to sample while your relaxing. A stairway led up to the second floor and, guessing by the smell of fresh-baked bread and sounds of laughter wafting in from behind the door, a decent-sized bar in the next room. Galen thought about getting a room but, thinking it might make better sense to reconnoiter a bit before committing for the night, decided to proceed past the front desk into the bar. He greeted the grumpy-looking dwarf with a nod and a smile then, gesturing towards the door, headed back to the bar.

Galen walked into the bar. It was noontide so, while the place was not empty, it was by no means packed to the rafters. It looked like a workday crowd looking for lunch, or, guessing by some of the patrons, perhaps a late weekday brunch after a hard Waneday night spent drinking. Galen's hand went to his belly and he realized he had not eaten yet. The smell of fresh-baked bread made him particularly hungry and thirsty.

He stood there and looked around, wondering whether he should take a seat or approach the bar for service.
[size=75]"If it harm none, do as you will. If it cause harm, do as you must." (Wiccan Rede)

"If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad." (Sheryl Crow)

[color=blue]Avatar courtesy of http://nuisum.deviantart.com/ - Thanks![/color][/size]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Secrets are my business, friend," she said casually, trying to lure the young man into releasing whatever information he possessed. Always helpful to learn something new, she thought to herself, and though she wanted him to divulge what he knew, she also could help a quick glance to the newcomer in the Burpin Dragon.

He looked like the strong, confident type. Ash couldn't help that it appealed to her sensibilities to keep an eye out for such men as he. He was a halfie, that much she could tell from the mixing of heritage that was plain in his less pointed ears, height and coloration. If she'd seen his eyes it would've sealed the deal. As it was, she had his physique to go by, and that was enough. He wasn't slight enough to be pure adhiel. I bet Yelena would think you were just handsome as could be, she thought. It was time for Yelena to get more practice as more than a Scribe. If she was to be a companion, someone like Galen would provide perfect practice.

Such matters would have to wait a bit longer, though, as her present stranger was far too intriguing to be abandoned. "Pray tell, what gossip have you heard?" Ashari hoped it was good, she could use a juicy tidbit of information for her free tradetide.
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Galen cast a quick glance to a man and woman seated in the corner. They appeared to be engaged in some kind of serious discussion. The woman did not look at him, though Galen thought she had seen him come in. The woman was quite captivating, with deep black hair that had that rare quality of having blue (not red or brown) highlights. The man was quite unusual looking, too, with very light, almost platinum, blond hair and pale eyes. There was something about the man that made Galen uneasy, but he wasn't sure what it was.

He walked over and took a seat at a table some distance, and out of earshot, from the couple in the corner. Presumably this place had table service. He wondered if they stocked any of the fruit brandies or good Adhiel wines he craved, but was not holding out hope, as it seemed to be a crusty bread and brown ale type of place.

His stomach growled as he looked over to the bar hoping to catch the eye of a bartender or waitress.
[size=75]"If it harm none, do as you will. If it cause harm, do as you must." (Wiccan Rede)

[color=blue]Avatar courtesy of http://nuisum.deviantart.com/ - Thanks![/color][/size]
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Post by Deianeira Saitheria »

Escape! Deianeira had managed it- well a small one, out of her brother's home and into the streets of the city. She pulled off the kerchief which kept her hair bound allow it to fall. Gotta keep walking She told herself.

The dark skinned Achadhiel, walked into the Inn. She nearly stopped as the atmosphere from outside seemed to melt away. If only she'd been a stranger to the city, to this Citadel-land and to all its people. Where she could forget her last name and family and start a new. But this town was home to her. A home she'd probably never be able to escape.

People of all shapes and sizes, and for a moment ,Deianeira thought she could smell the scent of travel on in the air. She looked around for a chair, for someone to sit with. She glanced, around her eyes almost immediately falling on Ashari Gwyn- the woman had caught her attention just briefly before she fell the woman's table-mate. They seemed to be dicusssion something, but for a moment the Achadhiel had half a mind to walk up the woman and say... something. Her light weight, but well made boots moved slowly across the floor. She was almost not paying attention, but she snapped out it, as she crossed to the floor- she realized she walked rather close to the two of them, and frozen.

Bad... why'd she done that? Why'd walked 2/3rds of the there? Why'd she keep staring at the woman? Who's black leather leggings tucked into knee high boots and a washed out blue chemise, layered a bodice and vest to expose a generous amount of cleavage and warm smile- even though not directed at her made her want to walk, want to talk to her.

Why had she? She opened mouth, realizing her feet had brought very close. She inhaled, her head swam as she waited for aknowledgement, perhaps wanting the words to flow from her mouth easily but feeling extremly awkward just standing there.

Seeming almost unreal. "Excuse me...." her voice was warm and gentle but there was a shy quality to it- an almost child like meekness, as she spoke direction her words at Ashari.
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

As Galen cast his eye about looking for table service, he was distracted, almost startled, by the woman who entered the bar after him. She was lovely, dark-haired and slender, an Achadhiel like himself, and she seemed to glide across the floor as she walked towards the couple seated on the other side of the room. He smiled to himself. Perhaps there are possibilities here, he mused.
Last edited by Galenel on Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

Beatrice, always minding all aspects of the business in the Burpin Dragon, quickly noticed the newcomer sitting at a table as he glanced over to the bar. She immediately smiled at him and walked over to the table with her natural flair.

As she walked over she also saw Ashari, Gotham and Deianeira at the other table, but she would go to the Achadhiel first. With a cheerful, chipper sound in her voice she greeted Galen. "Good day, sir! How can I help you today? Would you be interested in our more delicious lunch, or just a drink?"
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

If secrets they were, it would seem they'd have to wait a flicker longer. Ashari's ears itched to hear them, but they were also alert to a meek voice behind her. She raised her hand, one finger meant as a momentary silence for the handsome blonde.

Sharp, almond shaped eyes moved as Ashari's head turned to look over her shoulder at the little creature who begged for her attention. "Why hello there, little one," she said with the tone one might save when looking at a particularly adorable puppy - you know the type, big brown eyes and feet that are so big you know they need to grow into them. Their tails are always wagging expectantly, needfully. Deianeira got a similarly appraising glance as she'd bestowed on Gotham when he approached her table. Ashari's gray orbs fell from her achadhiel ears down her lithe frame. Her hair was a mess, as if she'd just unreleased it. You ought buy a comb, she managed to hold her tongue from expressing that immediate thought.

Beyond Deia the confident stranger watched. She could see his eyes burning holes in the back of the young woman. Her backside, Ashari figured once she'd given it a flicker's thought. He was soon distracted by a serving maid. It meant she could give her attention to Deia again. She would've introduced Gotham if they'd gotten so far as introductions themselves. As it was, she intented to make short work of this young lady as she shifted within her core, affixing her inner energies. Those aware of the aether (of who there were few in this room, thankfully) would see that she was grounding. Energies wove around her and then shifted over her as she created a shield.

Now, for the mage, shielding wasn't her best craft, and it meant that it took a level of concentration on her part to get the shield up, built and ready to protect her. This was a mild shield, one meant to deflect any returned energies from her own craft. As of now, she didn't do or say anything that betrayed her inner concentration. "How may I help you?" She asked the little pet.
Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Deianeira seemed almost shell shocked at the women's voice. Stunned and surprised. "Ahh..." she smiled. "This going to sound horrible blunt, but I think your pretty." She averts her eyes, upwards even, as if to await some sort of reprimand for saying something like that. "I didn't mean to intterupt, I am sorry. " She twisted her dark hair, just a little. It wasn't truely messy, just less than neat.

"My name's Deianeira, Miss." she bit her lip trying to sound confident but knowing she sounded small an unimpressive. " Please forgive me, I shouldn't have just come up to you like that, and said that. " she seemed to be searching for a topic, but unable to find one.
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Meridiuz wrote:Beatrice, always minding all aspects of the business in the Burpin Dragon, quickly noticed the newcomer sitting at a table as he glanced over to the bar. She immediately smiled at him and walked over to the table with her natural flair.

As she walked over she also saw Ashari, Gotham and Deianeira at the other table, but she would go to the Achadhiel first. With a cheerful, chipper sound in her voice she greeted Galen. "Good day, sir! How can I help you today? Would you be interested in our more delicious lunch, or just a drink?"

Galen turned to the young woman. "Lunch sounds great," he replied. "Do you serve brandy, or perhaps wine?" he asked, raising his eyebrows expectantly even as he braced for a disappointing answer. "My name's Galen," he said to her, holding his hand out in greeting.

Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Ashari glance apologetically toward Gotham, as if there were a common occurance. Actually, compliments of her beauty were becoming more the norm than not, but that didn't mean that Deianeira didn't gain some points for it, as well as a smile from the mage. "Why, thank you," she said and her cheeks rosed with a gentle blush from the unexpected young lady's comment. "No need to apologize," she said casually, swiping a hand in the air as if to dismiss the very thought of apology.

"You are a beautiful girl yourself, Deianeira" she continued and then glanced toward Galen, then back to Deaineira. "Do you know who I am, young lady?" She recognized her, though only in passing. Ashari had a good head for faces, it had saved her life before, and this young lady had been in the Temple of the Mother. "I am an important woman - one who could help a young girl of your station." Looking at Deia and her mussed hair it was very obvious she wasn't a noble. There was a shape about her, as well, one that suggested muscles - a quality noble girls rarely held.

"You would have to do something to prove yourself to me first, though, before I would be interested... something entertaining." Here, she looked at Gotham with a small smirk. Yes, tell me your secrets, stranger, and you too might be blessed by the touch of my power. "Do you think you can do that, Deianeira?"
Gotham Devoue
Civus

Post by Gotham Devoue »

OOC: Sorry, folks. Got hit with an ice storm pretty bad and had no power.

IC:

Grey eyes met the icy chill of his and there seemed to be a silent understanding. Other than that, new people came to the table and Gotham welcomed the croud.

Ashari seemed to be able to handle new faces, and so was the man, but ladies were always more talkative and friendly. Gotham had become skeptical of people and cautious. For the time being, the wrangler sat at the table, greeted people, but didn't say much unless focused upon.

Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Galen had the feeling he was being watched. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the woman with the twilight-colored hair glance his way as she spoke to the striking dark-skinned Achadhiel woman. He briefly narrowed his eyes as he thought of the half-elf in a state of undress, then bit his lip as he dismissed the thought. He turned to look over at the two women, then back to the hostess. Easy boy, he said to himself. Not wanting to seem rude to the serving girl, he tilted his head and gestured towards the trio across the room, then stood up and began to walk over to the table where Ashari, Gotham and Deianeira were gathered.

Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

"No.. ma'm I don't." she looks away as kicking herself for not knowing who this woman was. "I am sorry ma'm, I suppose I should but I do not." she cleared her throat looking at the woman, she smiled. "My station?" she seems almost ashamed. "How can I do something to interest you lady? I can do a few things, though I don't know if they'd be of any interest you a great lady like yourself. And I am not beautiful, you shouldn't flatter me with such words."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Glad to have you back in action, Gotham!

Ashari was pleased by the stranger's understanding. He couldn't help that he had gravitated to her, and it appeared that these new strangers wouldn't resist her magnetism either. She had a way of appealing to people on a level that was beyond the conciousness of their simple minds.

Deianeira, though polite, was unschooled. "Madam is a name for an old woman. Do you find me old?" She waved away the question. "Mistress suits me more, Guid Mistress Ashari Gywien, of the Rocky Isle Guild," she introduced herself. Ash raised an eyebrow and noticed the rise of Galen from his table where he swiftly left the company of his serving wench. Ahhh, alas. There goes that game, she thought to herself as the fun little plan she'd had in her mind began to dissolve as the handsome young man made his way across the room with a fairly direct line toward the table she shared with Gotham and the idly standing Deianeira.

"I will flatter you if it suits me," she said. "A pretty girl like yourself - you must have some sort of amusing talent." Ashari looked at the young girl, judging her and her worth. "Sing for me."
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Galen peeled his rucksack off his shoulder and stashed it underneath a table adjacent to where Ashari sat holding court with Deianeira and Gotham. Maybe I'm paranoid, he thought, but the last thing I need is to have some knave walk off with my stuff. He clenched his fist tightly for a moment to banish the flash of anxiety that passed through him, then took a deep breath. He looked for a moment at the ice-eyed, straight-backed young man at the table before introducing himself.

"Good day, ladies...and sir," he said, greeting Ashari and Deianeira with a smile and acknowledging Gotham with a nod.
Last edited by Galenel on Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

"Oh, I am sorry Mistress. I don't find you old not at all." The woman looked mortified. " I guess I am just used to addressing women older than me, and in my experience women may look young but might be older and I suppose it's just the adhiel in me just a little bit." she clears her throat. "Thank you. Sing... that I can do and happily so." she smiles, and begins singing a little tune. Her voice is soft but it communicates her emotions, the sadness and desire in her voice.

"Standing alone
Mountain stream, flowing water
Many trails, rivers.
rStarry sky wonder
Lake reflecting the city
Endless Wandering
Seas of dreams
Dancing tides and moon light waters rising
Screaming wind, Fierce storms
City lights a glow, standing storms path
Sea of stars above
Catching falling stars, falling
Water eveloping the stars -points of hope- in dark depths.
Hidden songs and powers,hidden by the veil unseen."

Deianeira felt the song wasn't her best, the song even in her min sound sounded disjointed, as her voice swapped easily between sweet gentle saprano and a much louder, but equally beautiful alto. The achadhiel looked around allowing herself to be drawn in by the atmosphere of the crowd that perhaps had stopped to watch her sing. She turned it into a performance.
Last edited by Deianeira Saitheria on Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Galen, having made his way over to the table, gave a stab at a greeting, but Ashari regarded him cooly and offered a dismissive wave of her hand while her attention was affixed on the young woman who'd already been so forward as to approach a pair of strangers who were deep in conversation.

Ashari watched Deianeira as she sang. Quite the little songbird, aren't we? She thought to herself as her voice fluttered with anxiety and nerves. It was plain to hear that she wasn't well schooled in her voice, but, she had a natural talent which meant she was more able to learn. She could be a great singer, perhaps, someday. "Good show," she said and then flicked her almond shaped grey attention over to Galen.

"The Dragon is overrun with halfies today," she said while evaluating him and his physical charms. He was good looking. The Citadel could do well with more good looking young men such as himself. "Where are you from stranger?" She asked, looking him over and then looking to Deianeira. "This lovely little creature has just blessed us with a beautiful song - you should thank her for it," she said.

"And then you should sing us one as well." Ash donned a daring smirk. "Perhaps the two of you could sing us a duet?"
Galenel
Civus

Post by Galenel »

Galen listened to the lovely Deianeira sing and found it endearing. She had a nice voice—a citydweller’s singing voice, not the lilting, twangy kind that he was used to hearing from the fruitpickers on his family’s orchard or the well-honed bardic tenors who would serenade patrons at his uncle’s tavern.

"The Dragon is overrun with halfies today," she said while evaluating him and his physical charms. He was good looking. The Citadel could do well with more good looking young men such as himself. "Where are you from stranger?" She asked, looking him over and then looking to Deianeira. "This lovely little creature has just blessed us with a beautiful song - you should thank her for it," she said.

Galen was surprised by how quickly and pointedly Ashari turned the tables on him. He had merely intended to introduce himself and now found himself facing three sets of eyes watching him expectantly.

“My lady,” he said to Deianeira, “the mistress speaks the truth. You do sing beautifully Thank you for sharing your voice with us this day.” He smiled at the small Achadhiel with the brilliant green eyes and turned to Ashari, still somewhat unsure of what to make of her and the watchful man beside her. “I come from Kes’Levy,” he said, “or, rather, from a village to the south and east of Kes’Levy. I came in on the schooner Kingfisher that docked mid-morningtide yesterday.”

He blushed at the proposition that he sing. “I am not much of a singer, mistress. I am just a fruitpicker, brandymaker and drink-pourer from a little town I am sure you’ve never heard of. I do play a little of Pan’s pipes, but I assure you my singing is best left for audiences of apple trees and oak casks. I would do a great dishonor to this fair lady's talent were I attempt any kind of duet.” The mistress’s smirk lingered on her lips as she watched him. “Alright then, it isn’t much, but this is one I would sing to myself…”

Galen took a deep breath and licked his lips, then started to sing in a throaty baritone:

Hand o’er hand in the orchards I labor
Fruit, tasty and filling whose juices I savor.
The Mother of all, her bounty is full
Ripe on the branches all day must I pull
Nectars she giveth with love from her bosom
Each apple, each pear, each cherry, each plum.
Great Mother, sustain me each day that I know
That each day these orchards may prosper and grow.

Galen shrugged his shoulders. “Just a work song, nothing more," he said, smiling as he looked down and touched his flat and noisy stomach.

Deianeira Saitheria
Civus

Another Adachiel. Deianeira's completely entranced. Perhaps because it was... rare for her to see another one, even in citadel , or perhaps she'd just never taken into the account of the differences based on parentages. His fairer skin compared to her dark, her own eyes compared to his. She smiled. "That was a lovely song. And a little work song is nothing to be ashamed of, better that dreamers song." She smiles "A duet..." she whispers. "No I don't think I know any songs that are duet-worthy though.." she looks to Galen trying not step on toes. "Fair lady, me? Oh no the Mistress here is more a Fair Fairy lady than I."

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”