Looking for a Sign (Jygust 31st, Trade Tide)

Located on the north of Mer de la Luna is the capital of the Western Kingdom: Kings Court. Named after the fact it is the king's residence, KC was built by ancient Adhiel ancestors. The capital is surrounded by large grass fields known as the Downs.

Moderators: Ashari, Haikan

Jacob Rimon
Civus

Looking for a Sign (Jygust 31st, Trade Tide)

Post by Jacob Rimon »

Jacob's feet led him along vaguely familiar streets, away from the noise of most of King's Court. The Inner City wasn't the sort of place he would normally hang around, although he had on occasion found himself drinking there. As he tried to get away from the King's Court associated with priests and guards, and find somewhere he could sit down and just think things over, he'd be able to settle on a plan. Last Evening Tide he'd half-heartedly suggested he'd join a caravan, but they'd already left and he'd probably need a horse to catch up to them now. This Morning Tide he'd found himself caught up in all sorts of trouble, priests and pirates, at Sinner's Square, and the gods alone knew how he got away from there intact. Oh, and he was probably wanted at home too. They had no idea where he was.

Jacob sighed. Too many things to think about. He kept walking.

Deep inside the inner city of King's Court, past the Avenue of Trade, the Palace walls towering over the city, and the Boulevard of Temples, lay the simple and somewhat overlooked Whistle Lane nestled deep into the remains of an orc-ravaged district of the city. Still alive with the less-wealthy of King’s Court, the residents have done their best to clean up their ransacked and tumbled homes.

Many already fled from this area. Those that remained on the streets cursed the palace and vowed vengeance on injustices of the poor and especially the pagans, the new poor and deprived of Kings Court.

Buried beneath this social turmoil and desperation was a trim stone house, its door and shutters painted a bright deep blue. It was clean and well kept and the board swinging in the breeze had three faded gilded stars painted upon it.

Once upon a time Jacob and Renny had stumbled through the Inner City, a little bit on the tipsy side, when they'd seen this building. Something about the building spoke to something in Jacob - perhaps his interest in the stars and their use for navigating the untamed seas - and he'd found himself wandering back here since, on the rare occasion, to sit across the street from the enigmatic house and think over his more troublesome thoughts, watched over by the Sign of the Stars.

As he walked through the city now, he caught sign of the Sign, and let it guide him safely towards his place of contemplation.

A girl came out with her skirt kirtled up to one side and a bucket and begins to scrub the steps with a brush, humming softly to herself.

Jacob froze. He'd never seen anyone leave the house, nor enter it for that matter. He'd always thought it abandoned, a small inner city tavern or perhaps the old studio of an artist. He waited a moment, stilled his thoughts, then tried to hide. He was curious, but not eager to be seen staring.
Last edited by Jacob Rimon on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irregular posting, busy with RL commitments! Sorry![url=http://www.allavatars.com/avatars/showphoto.php?photo=204&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=500]Avatar Source[/url]
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

She was a young girl, under ten yahren, but she set to her work with great intensity. With alternating motions she scrubbed against the stone steps, washing the worn rock of sediments left by those who treaded this path.

The song she hummed was a quiet one, barely carrying over to Jacob's ears. It was soft and airy in the way that only a child's voice can be, with notes that fluttered high above the register the young man would've been capable of. There were no words, at least, in the variation she sang, but there was a sadness to it's melody that transcended language.

So, she continued to work and sing and work some more, occasionally dipping the scrubbing brush in the bucket of dirtied water and then setting back to her work once again. From his vantage point Jacob could see her, but she didn't notice him. She had a tangle of blonde hair that pulled back in a braid and tied with a faded blue ribbon that matched the hue of her little dress.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

Jacob's curiosity got the better of him, and he stepped out of his hiding place, trying to match the girl's tune with a low hum of his own, trying to repeat the patterns of sounds he'd already heard. He made sure he didn't come any closer than necessary for her to see him clearly. When he had her attention, he smiled and bowed to her.

"That's a beautiful tune, young lady. Tell me, what is this place that hangs a sign of stars outside its doors? Do you live here?"
Irregular posting, busy with RL commitments! Sorry![url=http://www.allavatars.com/avatars/showphoto.php?photo=204&size=big&password=0&sort=1&cat=500]Avatar Source[/url]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

It was an easy tune to sing along with, which was why such a young girl knew it well, and as Jacob took to humming her bright eyes lit up and landed on him with a bit of alarm as well as surprise. When he complimented her singing she gave a crimson blush, and returned quickly to her work, feeling embarassed at having been caught in mind-song.

"This? Oh.. yes, I live here. What do you mean what is it? It's a home, silly," she giggled the infectious laughter of youth, though maintained her work. Being a child one might think her to be easily distracted, but this wasn't so. She was in service, and she'd been trained from the time she could walk that she would continue to be in such a position for the rest of her life.

"Why are you here?" Her voice held a melody, even now, as if the tune were within her strumming through her lithe little frame. "Don't you have work to be doing?" She paused. "Or.. or are you a noble? You don't look much like a noble." Apprehension? It was difficult to tell what the emotion of the young girl was taken by at the thought of him being a noble, whatever it was, she was curious.

Behind him a tom cat mewled a pathetic and airy meow while jumping on the top of a pile of crates, watching Jacob with intense eyes that matched the girl's in their interest of the stranger. He was a mostly black cat with a diamond of white on his chest and yellow hued eyes.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

"A home, of course," Jacob smiled. "I was just wondering what sort of home would have a sign of stars outside it." He gazed up at the sign for a moment, and for the first time - possibly because on this visit he was sober - he tried to match the pattern of stars with any of those he was familiar with from the night's sky.

The girl's question brought Jacob back to the moment. "No, I'm not a noble. I'm a carpenter." He said nothing for a moment as he considered that he did indeed have a job to do. "I have been hired by a noble, now that you mention it. Thank you, young lady, for helping straighten out my thoughts." He should go get himself those smart clothes and return to Zeynara's place - a disguise and unlikely hide-out might be a good place to lay low and make further plans.

"Oh, hello," Jacob said, noticing the cat with a smile. He wondered what it was hunting, and whether it would welcome the attention of a stranger.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

This city was new, but so had Dort been not so long ago and Gavin felt at ease there. Walking the streets of King’s Court again felt eerie, the last time having been after his close encounter with death, or as he preferred to think of it, his brief journey to the land of the dead where he had been deemed too dangerous to be just yet. Must be cause I am not yet old and feeble enough to be bullied around. The beard did little to hide his broad grin, the heavy armor resting on his shoulders comfortably, helmet left in the Dragon’s Den since he hardly expected to fight so soon after his arrival and without some warning that trouble was brewing.

He was wary of the Sinner’s Square, having no real desire to see a man’s execution, regardless of whether he had deserved to die for his crimes. There was no valor in such death, a chance to fight and burn with desire to live taken from a man in such position. So, he took to the alleys and backward ways, wary eyes scanning the corners, even though he doubted any would think him easy prey. Clinking of the armor was with him for so long he filtered such distraction out, and when the mewling of the cat came he first followed that and then caught the voice of a man, unable to discern words, but stopping and learning much of the man’s mood from the tone of his voice. Someone is relaxed and in a good mood. Distracted? Or simply choosing to be so? He took a few steps closer, and then decided that eavesdropping would be bad manners, especially if one did not have a damned good reason to do so. A few ore steps and he neared the voices, though he did not try to announce his arrival with excessive noise.

OOC: Mind if I join ya for a bit?
FORTH they went, the troubled two
To see the world and kick ass too!
[b]Syrawenn and Gavin Saga, Verse 1-2[/b]
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"The home of a fortune teller," the girl said with a rather non-challant tone, as if it were the most natural and obvious answer in the world. She shrugged and returned to her scrubbing as it dawned on him that he had other places he could be.

Beyond the corner of the alley, Gavin could hear the soft voice of a girl - likely a child from the airy quality, though he couldn't make out what was said. It was returned by some manner of response by the young man, directed toward her, but it was only his remark toward the tom cat which was clear enough for him to understand.

In response, the tom regarded Jacob with it's bright alert eyes. He was a large cat, particularly for being a feral beast. He likely weighed 30 pounds, though the wooden crate beneath him made no noise as to suggest that he stressed it with his weight. He was rather light on his feet, as was the case with most case. "Oh!" The little girl said. "That's Moortje," she grinned, seeming quite happy to see the cat. The cat's right ear was slightly torn at the tip, but beside that he was well maintained and his dense short fur was clean. "He's a wild beast, but he's good luck. Haven't seen him in a few weeks. Lucky you if he follows you around." She said while reaching into the pocket of her dress removing a piece of bread. "Come here, kitty kitty," she attempted to lure him, but he didn't budge.

Gavin's approach caused Moortje's almond eyes to swiftly switch from Jacob's form to that of the sneaky warrior. He regarded him cooly, if it were possible to discern his emotions from his expression, and then sat down and began cleaning one of his forepaws, his pointed ears slicking back. "Oh fine, then." The girl's voice was more obvious now, and Gavin could even see the young lady it belonged to. She was under ten yahren and had a tangle of blond hair pulled back in a braid with a faded blue ribbon that matched the hue of her little dress. The servant tossed her piece of bread toward Moortje's crate, but he only gave it a quick sniff before returning to cleaning his paw.
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

OOC: The more the merrier!

Ashari wrote:"The home of a fortune teller," the girl said with a rather non-challant tone, as if it were the most natural and obvious answer in the world. She shrugged and returned to her scrubbing as it dawned on him that he had other places he could be.

"Ah! A fortune teller!" Jacob laughed. Jacob had been wondering a while what his future held, but it seemed that his immediate future might be swept away like a hand knocking down a house of cards, should he not make a move shortly. "Another day perhaps. Maybe, young lady, I'll pay a visit tomorrow. Would I need to make an appointment? And what might my fortune cost me?"

Once he had been introduced to the cat, he offered him a bow. "Good day, Moortje. You look like you've seen your fair share of trouble too." Most of what Jacob knew of cats was that they shared a similar fascination in birds as he did, though for very different reasons. The carpenter didn't begrudge cats that, since they were wild at heart - if anything Jacob envied that in cats. None of this having to do a day's work, having to bow to nobles and priests, just hunting and exploring, getting treated with affection and generally lazing around in warm cozy corners three tides out of four. Still, they had not the freedom of flight granted to birds. Two very different types of freedom, he supposed. And whilst he'd always envied the birds their ability to fly away to distant lands in a matter of marks, his current mood put him much more in favour of the cat, free in its haert to act however the hell it wanted within the comfort of its own territory.

Jacob snapped out of his thoughts when the cat glanced over towards a stranger, and the distant smile that had appeared on the young mans face vanished quickly, as he turned to face the man, and took a few steps back. He didn't look like a guard, nor a priest, but might he be a bounty hunter? A pirate? An assassin? The carpenters mind weighed up all manner of possibility as he tried to put himself between the stranger and the young girl, at the same time looking for an escape route.

The cat, he noted, was more concerned in cleaning himself. Ah well, Jacob considered, the cat can look after itself... He was about to warn the girl of their company, but on reflection there was no point on drawing attention to her if the man had come for him. And so he waited, poised to run, watching the stranger to see what move he made.
Last edited by Jacob Rimon on Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Ok boys, let's get down to business, here!

"No appointment necessary," she said. "You'll come when the time is right, or so my lady says." The little girl gave a knowledgable smile then, as if there were some secret she were privy to that the rest of the world had no idea of - no one except she and her mistress. "Two circlet for a reading." She answered. It was somewhat expensive, though, as a place of business, the Sign of the Stars certainly didn't advertise that it was there. Maybe that suggested the woman's prowess? One couldn't tell.

When Jacob greeted the cat he stared at him with his bright green orbs, and cocking his head slightly to the left, his interest was piqued by this new stranger. As the girl had suggested, Moortje had a way of taking a liking to some people; following them around and somehow granting them good fortune along the way. While Jacob's thoughts were to protecting the young lady from this heavily armored man, she seemed to think otherwise, standing, and peeking over Jacob's shoulder so that Gavin could see her small round face and crisp blue eyes. She released a peal of giggles. "Hehehe, it's ok. He's here for his reading now," she said, stepping down from the riser she was on. "Hello, Grey Wolf."
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

There was nothing threatening in the warrior’s posture, the Dortman at ease despite the armor and weapon he carried, his eyes calmly meeting the gazes of both the girl and Jacob, a slight trace of curiosity evident in them. Edge of his lips curled up in a soft smile as the young man backed off, both of the warrior’s hands rising to, palms turned outward in a sign of non-aggression. Still, he said nothing, and did not move until the girl spoke, causing his brow to rise up in puzzlement. Yet, while his outward reaction was mild at best, Gavin’s mind was at turmoil, as the name she used had a definite meaning, more images of that snow wrapped dream emerging from his unconscious mind and becoming part of his conscious memory. “Hello, and I think you have my name wrong. I am not Grey Wolf. I am Gavin Tylvan. He is just a fragment of what could be. A warning to be careful. To watch for clues and make sure some things do not come to pass.” His smile returned and became a bit warmer. “I see so much more now. When you see much, you end up with your eyes open and eager for more.” He took a step closer and approached slowly. “But, I do not think I need someone to read for me. I know the letters well enough.”
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The little girl slipped her hand into Jacob's. Her palm was hot to the touch. Actually, if Jacob paid attention the servant child radiated a heat the way that children often do. She said nothing further to him, but squeezed his very large hand with her small one. She smelled faintly of soap and sandlewood - an interesting combination that said something about the smell of the inside of the Sign of the Stars.

"Mmm, yes, Gavin is your written name, yes, but Grey Wolf is who you are - there is a difference," there was an adult intelligence in her voice, one that spoke through her like she were only wearing the body of a child. She was well taught by her mistress.

When he suggested he didn't need help reading she giggled mirthfully and tugged on Jacob's arm, pulling him down so that she might whisper in his ear, though her voice wasn't lowered so much so that Gavin couldn't hear her childish secret. "He's silly!" She said to Jacob airily, her small pink lips brushing against his ear before she giggled some more. "You can read the written letters - the ones that make your name here - Gavin Tylvan - but would you can't read Grey Wolf's language," she explained easily. "My mistress will read it for you," she said with a smile.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Approaching the pair calmly, the tall warrior slowed his breathing, calming his inner turmoil for now, leaving the thoughts of a snow covered dream for later, when he had peace and quiet and time to think it all through. He paused a few steps away from the pair, leather straps creaking as he lowered himself to his knee. For a flicker he remained silent, looking into the child’s eyes, his own eye mirroring the eternal calm within his soul. “Your mistress wants to do this reading, is that right?” he hesitated a moment as an image flashed through his mind. It was an older version of Gavin, his hair grey, edging on white, lines of worry and pain etched on his face, yet the eyes were still the same clear grey as they were in the here and now. “Very well, little one. I will see your mistress and talk to her. But before I do, you need to tell me her name. She does have a name doesn’t she?” There was power in names and even without magick involved hearing what name was given and observing later would enable the bearded warrior to learn something of the woman he was about to face.
Jacob Rimon
Civus

Post by Jacob Rimon »

Jacob was still confused by the events unfolding, what with everything that had happened, but at least it had proved not to be a dangerous situation. He had to remind himself, once more, that the world did not revolve around him and his problems, not matter how big they are. "My apologies, sir. It's been a long and tiring day, even at this early hour." He attempted a little bow again, but the weariness of events was getting to him.

As the child tugged him down to whisper in his ear, Jacob smiled, but a smile tinged with pain from a brief jolt from his ankle. It escaped as a half laugh, but he tried not to display his discomfort.

As the man, Gavin Tylan - 'Grey Wolf' - stepped forward, Jacob felt that perhaps this was not his time to be here. He was reminded once more of his obligations elsewhere. "Well," he smiled at the stranger, "I'd best leave you in this young lady's capable hands. I see I shall have to come for my own reading when it is less busy. I hope the future bodes well for you." Bowing again, and then turning towards the young girl, he added "And it has been a pleasure making your aquaintence. I look forward to my next visit."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Yes, you'll come back when you're ready," she said to Jacob as he suggested parting. "In time. You're just early... it's ok. My mistress knows what brought you here, but, this isn't the time." She waved to him as he left their company. "See you later!" She called after him, and then looked at Gavin.

The girl giggled at his questions. "Of course she has a name, silly, everyone has a name. What name of hers do you want, though? Like you she has more than one. I call her Mistress, because she is mine. That's not the name you will know her as, though.. not the one that Grey Wolf knows her as, either." The girl sat down on the step that she had previously been washing.

"It's too bad you don't know Grey Wolf better, maybe he could tell you about Kit. Instead, I will tell you about Mistress Emmanuelle." Her big pale eyes looked at Gavin. "Would you like me to take you inside to meet her?"
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

There was something simply wrong about the young girl acting so above her age, though truth be told, Gavin neither looked nor acted his age, having aged yahren in just a few short months since he left his home in search of fortune. Looking up at Jacob the tall warrior smiled and nodded as he expressed a desire to leave, saying nothing and waiting for his to depart before once more turning to the little girl before him. “In a flicker, young one. I still need to know two things. First is your own name and the second is the way I should address your Mistress. After that we can go in.” He rose up to his full height and squared his shoulders, still smiling even though his attention was on the door and the house it led into. He did not wonder how this Emmanuelle knew he would arrive or what she would tell him. He knew it would be revealed and having seen many strange things in his life did not see this as odd or unnerving. It was simply something that had happened, and that he will have to deal with. No sense in getting upset over what had already happened. He did nothing to prevent it and what if never figured much. His mind could better be occupied with thoughts of how to deal with the current problems, that with how he could deal with the consequences. If there were some.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"My name?" She giggled. "Oh! But that doesn't matter, I'm nobody special," she said and covered laughing little mouth with two small hands as if to contain the eruption, though it was still so visible in her pale eyes. When the mirth subsided she realized that he did want to know and this interested the girl.

"You can call me Hermijntje," pronounced her-miney it was a very possesive sounding name as the little girl said it, as if she were indeed a thing that belonges to her mistress. "And you can call my Mistress Lady Emanuelle, she likes the the title, she earned it after all." With that Hermijntje stood and brushed off her dress and then flicked her hair over her shoulder and waved at Gavin to follow as she placed a little hand on the doorknob. Turning it she pushed the door open with some difficulty and then picked up her wash bucket and stepped out of the way so that he might enter the Sign of the Stars. "Don't dawdle on doorsteps, in or out," she said in a light and airy youthful voice.

Inside was the scent of wood and burning incense. The entrance hall was dim, but lit well enough to see that it was sparsly furnished with a bench for removing boots and a coat rack upon which hung a few different women's cloaks. "The Mistress would prefer it if you left your sword out here, if you don't mind." The blonde said.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

Pausing in his examination of the house for a flicker, Gavin looked down at the girl and smiled, though it did not quite reflect in his eyes. “Hermijntje it will be then. And I think names are very important. And all people are important too. Something I learned on a stormy island not long ago. A man named Mickey Delarue taught me that.” For a flicker the tall warrior closed his eyes and took a deep breath in memory of the Not-Important. He did not reach to help the little one with the door, having learned that help that was unasked for could be just as bad as refusing to help when it was truly needed.

The warning was not necessary, the bearded man stepping in without hesitation, opening his eyes in the hallway and scanning the shadows more out of habit than need. He did glance down at his boots and trumped them down a few times to shake what little dirt might have gotten there, unbuckling the sword without a word of complaint. “I do not mind. After all I am a guest here and I should be respectful to the hostess.” He left the other part of the custom, where the host guaranteed the guests safety, though he felt at ease for now, sensing no danger at the moment.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Herminjtje closed the door behind Gavin once he'd gone inside and began unfastening his sword. "You go ahead and put it right there, lean it along the wall or put it on the bench, just be careful you don't cut anything. It looks sharp," she gave a typically child-like smile, one that held no reservations in it's display of her new teeth which had just cut through her gums after losing her front four baby teeth. They looked too large compared to the rest of her teeth, but she didn't care. Hermijntje was rather proud of her new teeth, like any girl of her age would be and often is. Her Mistress was very proper on dental care, saying to her: If people were half as worried about their own teeth as they are of the horses they buy then they'd be much better off for it.

When the door was shut the hallway became even darker so that it took the warrior a bit longer to get his bearings, but shortly he was able to pick up the detail of damask wallpaper of reds and blues in vertical patterns that ran up from wainscoting that was the warm natural color of a redwood. "Follow me," she said and skirted around Gavin to be in front of him to lead him into the parlor to the left of the main hall. She parted a fine curtain that was like a row of tassel strings reaching from the height of the door frame to just shortly above the threshold. Once the girl had gone through she drew the curtain to one side so that the guest could pass into the parlor.

The room could be said to be smaller than anticipated from the dimensions of the main hallway. It was a tight space, dominated by a round table which could seat three, but not likely more than that comfortably. Over this was a dark russet velvet table cloth on top of which was a black lace. Beside the entrance which Gavin had come in there was also a way in through the rear of the room, this one actually had a door. The walls themselves were covered in hung rugs in bright patterns hailing from Pan's Isle. There were no windows evident, though from the exterior it should've been the case. Standing candelabras (akin to the coat rack in the foyer) illuminated the space well enough.

Beyond all these things of interest, though, was the woman who sat at the table. "Thank you, Hermijntje, you may go back to cleaning the steps now," she said politely, and the girl departed from where she'd come. The curtain swung back into place like black waves, and it was surprising how the thin cords created a smooth surface once they were allowed to relax.

Lady Emanuelle was of small stature and slight of build. Her structure was almost of child-like proportions, though this wasn't as noticeable with her sitting as she was upon a taller chair than the one she offered. She had luxurious and silky chestnut hair which looked as if it'd be soft to touch, with a small set of antlers projecting from her head like a lady-deer is likely to sport. Her eyes were large, brown and doe-like with large pupils. One might describe her as innocent looking with her tanned complexion and gentle freckles.

"Hello Grey Wolf," she said and motioned toward the chair across from her. "Please, sit. I'm glad you've come. Your two circlet before we begin, please." She slid an empty silver tray toward the warrior and drew a deck of worn cards from her lap. Emanuelle placed them on the table without shuffling.
Gavin Tylvan
Baron of Bru¡ch

Post by Gavin Tylvan »

The warrior titled his head at the warning about the sharpness of his sword and shook his head with a chuckle. “Don’t you worry about my sword.” He placed the sword flat upon the bench, glancing at the door once and then shrugging his worries about someone coming and meddling with it away. Worry never did much good. Then he followed hid young guide, the back of his hand holding back the curtain despite her help, giving the tall man a chance to survey the room before entering. The walls may have been a bit too close for comfort, but that did not trouble him. For a flicker he looked at the woman sitting at the table, eyes focused on her features and then a small smile cracked Gavin’s lips and he nodded politely.

“Good day, Lady Emanuelle.” For a flicker he considered repeating himself and mentioning that his name was Gavin and not Grey Wolf, but it lasted but a moment and then he moved closer. As the tray appeared on the table he looked at it for a flicker, before actually reaching into his pouch and pulling the sum she requested. The coins were placed upon the tray gently, with barely a clink, his fingers moving away, sliding over the tray’s surface as they did so. Only then he sat, sparing the cards but a glance. He was much more interested in the woman than what the cards might reveal. “Hermijntje tells me you were expecting me. I must say that was a bit unexpected.” He flashed a quick smile before added in a more somber voice. “But I am used to unexpected. Been so much of it in the past months.” His eyes stayed on Emanuelle’s face, flickering here and there, examining the woman’s features closely, showing genuine interest.

Return to “Kings Court”