A Journey Begins - Jy 32nd MT

Moderators: Meridiuz, Grey Wolf, Graves, Mods

Dallen Tored
Civus

A Journey Begins - Jy 32nd MT

Post by Dallen Tored »

The noise the people crowding into the street made was deafening, to a newcomer to Citadel it would have been overwhelming. But Dallen had been born and raised in the city. He threaded his way nimbly through the crowd towards the imposing fortress rising before high before him, its tallest towers brushing the clouds. He ran a hand through his dark hair and let his sharp eyes wander where they willed.

His eyes ghosted across the walls until they came to rest upon a small marble building flanking the large gates that led to the Citadel proper. The structure was surrounded by a stone wall in which was set a small gate, little more than a postern beside the massive fortress. An armed man wearing the distinctive white tabard and black cloak of the Imperial Guard who stood watch beside it. Dallen brushed past a cart vendor and stepped out into the empty area in a semicircle around the gate. He reached around and checked to make sure all of his belongings where still in place. His sword and knives hung sheathed at his side, his shield lay securely strapped to his back. When he felt it, his satchel still appeared to contain his moneybag and spare clothes. His hand slipped into his pocket and touched the most important item of them all, his letter of recommendation to join the Guards.

He let out a breath and stepped forward towards the gate. For a moment, Dallen thought the Guardsman would stop him. Ah well, he thought, if he stops me then I will have to show him the letter. Dallen stepped through the gateway and had the distinct sense that his life was about to change forever if he continued on. He would rarely see his home again, never get to spend evenings at the tavern listening to the old sailors tell stories of their journeys, never be free to do his own thing. But, he would gain power like he had never known before. His name would be known throughout the Empire and even beyond. It was a simple choice, every man had to leave home at some time.

Dallen stepped through the gate to be greeted by the sight of the marble building surrounded by what was obviously a training ground. Several Guards dueled with blades in rings drawn in the dirt while others shot arrows at targets hung on the wall nearby. He looked around, there seemed to be no one around to greet him so he decided to go stand by a group of nervous young men with swords hanging at their sides. Other potential Guards, he thought as he moved their way. He glanced behind him and hoped the Guard didn't come after him.
Last edited by Dallen Tored on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raina Courtez
Civus

Post by Raina Courtez »

OOC: I hope you don't mind me entering.

IC:

It was the morning, Raina’s favorite time of day. She was dressed in her usual sleeveless black tunic, deep purple skirt, and leather belt with her sheathed dagger hanging at her side. Raina was idly wandering about Citadel in hopes of something amusing. She sang in a sweet clear voice a lullaby that her mother sang to her as a child as she looked curiously around her.

Over in Muschislie
Many years ago,
My Mither sang a song to me
In tones so sweet and low.
Just a simple little ditty,
In her good old Dort way,
And l'd give the world if she could sing
That song to me this day.
"Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry!
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li,
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's a Dort lullaby."
Oft in dreams I wander
To that cot again,
I feel her arms a-huggin' me
As when she held me then.
And I hear her voice a -hummin'
To me as in days of yore,
When she used to rock me fast asleep
Outside the cabin door.

OOC: words by J.R. Shannon
IC:

As she started to pass the city guard, she noticed the new recruits just inside the gates. Their nervous looks on their faces made her laugh loudly, and it rang in the air around Raina, which had many people looking at her curiously. I wonder if they are going to have a tryouts of sorts. That would be interesting. It would be nice if I picked up some tips on using the dagger. Mother knows I need it.
Raina walked up to the gate warily watching the guard as she approached. She stopped just outside it and made herself look as if she was going to enter, while watching the guard slyly out of the corner of her eye wondering if he would stop her.
Last edited by Raina Courtez on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you just let yourself breathe, you'll notice things you normally wouldn't have. ~Raina
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

OOC:

Welcome to the Citadel! It's nice to see that new players are already looking each other up! Unfortunately I do see that you are both giving reactions of people around you, like the guards. This is something that is not allowed in Tazlure. Sometimes we allowe small assumptions that have no real consequenses, but as a rule, you can only say what your own PC is doing. How the other people in the world (the NPC's) react to that is up to the mod, so you can't just say that you were ignored by a guard. You can say that you yourself ignore a guard, but the mod will probably write in the next post that the guard responded to that by pulling you back.

If you both edit your posts a bit so that there aren't any assumptions made, then I'll make my post to the thread and we can start playing!
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk

Return to “Inner & Outer Ring”