A Stroll ~ Samheen 4th Morningtide (Arvana)

Moderators: Ashari, Mods

Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

A Stroll ~ Samheen 4th Morningtide (Arvana)

Post by Ashari »

The air outside was sweet and the smell of blooming flowers clung in the air. People bustling around and passing the previous night's gossip around tried to veil their politics as being morning chores. Who slept with who, and where, and for how long fell from the lips of the men and women both as they picked up their fresh fruits and breads before heading home. Tadnar smiled at Arvana as he lead the beauty from Pan's Touch Inn where they had just enjoyed a heavenly breakfast. I cannont believe my luck! He thought to himself, considering he had only just met the lady he strolled with it was no wonder he was thinking such a thing.

"Well, I'm sure you already passed through the gates and such. So I guess we'll skip those details. But here we have some wonderful shops. Traders bring their goods right from the boats to these stands. Some of these things come from distant lands I've heard, not that I'd know much of those." He smiled. "You of course, being a traveller would have a much better sense of what is worldly material. Even with all these foreign items we still have some things made right here on Pan's Isle as well, such as these." With that he motioned to a jeweler with her items on display. Necklaces, rings, and earrings of all sorts were hung from the ceiling of the booth and displayed on racks. Golden amber, green citrine, and startling blue sapphires all dangled on chains of silver and gold.

"Would the lady want to be tryin' something on then?" The young woman asked as she watched them closely making sure they weren't theives.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Hanging on to his hand, she stepped outside. The air smelling very sweet. Looking around her she watched the people of the village go on about their business and saw that they dont really socialize but keep their business to themselves. Walking with Tadnar was something she didnt expect to happen so soon. She had just got here and already Arvana was walking with a male. <I>If only mam could see this. She would be sooo proud. She always did want me to meet someone. And to think, it's a MALE, someone. Even I am surprised.</I> Being an only child, her mother was always telling her to make some friends or do something with her life. But when she tried to go and do it, her mom got sick and she had to go home. Now that she was out and doing something.

"Yes, I have already had to pass through the gates so we really dont have to go through those details." She looked around her as he explained about the shop items. "Well actually, this is the first place I've been since I've left my village. I tried to leave earlier but my mother got sick and wanted me to return home. Now, I am on my way once again." Walking a bit farther, she stopped when he motioned to a little jewelers booth. It contained many small things such as necklaces, braclets, rings and earrings. The racks were covered with them. But one item caught her eye. It was a little gold chain with a small pendent. One different from the rest. When the shop keeper asked if she wanted to try soemthing on, Arvana motioned to the chain. "Could I please see that?"

She waited patiently, as she saw that the woman was already occupied. Moving closer to take a better look while the other was busy, she noticed a little jewel in the center of what looked like a small hand. The jewel was a dimmer blue, and it matched the blue on her cloak and dress. "This is very beautiful. How much?"
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 18, 2003 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The lithe woman picked up the said necklace and held it between her fingers so it dangled in the sunshine, sending a beam of light on the passing shoppers. "Would the lady like to try it on?" She asked. Handing it over to Tadnar she motioned for him to help her with it. As gently as he could Tadnar brought the chain to Arvana's neck. Although his hands barely touched her soft skin he shivered slightly before actually working the clasp and allow the gold to fall naturally around her and pendant to hang at its true length.

A heavily polished metal was attached to the movable cart so the ladies and gentlemen who purchased could look at their divine items and how they looked on them. It was true, the blue brought out a new bright hue in Arvana's eyes and Tadnar gazed at her appreciatively. "It's almost as beautiful as you are." He smiled.

"The price the price. Why don't you decide on whether you like it before you buy it princess." The woman said as she tended to another custom who was buying a ring.

"Well, what do you think of it Arvana? I think it's spectacular." Tadnar said appreciatively as he stuck his hands into his pockets.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Moving her hair from her neck, she waited and Tadnar gently slid the necklace into place. The chain was cold against her neck but yet she liked the feeling. Turing to the polished metal set against the stand, she examined herself in the mirror. The pendant rested just above her chest but yet low enough to give it the suductive effect.

Blushing slightly as Tadnar commented, she responed "It is quite lovely. I do really like it. I think I'll take it. How much?" She waited the response, continuing to examine herself.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The woman watched Arvana as she studied the necklace hanging on her neck. "It suits you. That piece will be two coronet and one circlet, Miss." Tadnar immediately pulled out his purse and began to rummage through it for the coins he wanted, not even thinking to ask Arvana if she wanted to pay for it. I am the one who is showing her around after all, I can give her a treat. The woman placed her hand out palm up ready to take the money will still keeping a careful eye on the others who milled infront of her display. Finding the proper amount he handed it over to the woman. "Consider it a welcome gift to the city?" He asked as he considered she might be offended by his taking charge of it.

Post by Guest »

She watched as Tadnar dug into his purse. "You really dont have to, you know. But it is sweet of you to offer." She continued to study herself, then looked away. She didnt want the others to get the impression that she was vain, or something. Waiting for Tadnar to pay, she looked away from the stand and to another one. This one looked as if it contained clothing. Looking down at her self, she relized that she could use a new skirt. "Do you mind?" she asked.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"I know I don't have to." He blushed. "I want to." Tadnar payed the woman and then looked over to the adjoining booth containing clothes of every description. "Of course I don't mind." Entering the large booth it took a flicker for their eyes to adjust to the sudden dampening of sunshine from the outside. Hanging all over and piled all around them were large beautiful gowns and simple tunics ranging in all sizes. Of particular interst to Arvana was a long sapphire skirt. The fabric was soft and thin, perfect for the hot island air. Laced through the cloth were silver streaks of thread, making the skirt appear to almost shimmer. Next to it was a blouse with embroidery of the same sapphire in rivlets and swirls dancing around the cuffs and neckline, which was cut deep enough to almost be scandelous. Shadowing the blue was the luminous silver making the pattern pop. The light fabric of the shirt flowed and was soft to the touch.

Post by Guest »

Arvana couldn't believe her luck. First she had found the most darling necklace, now she finds a beautiful clothing set. Looking around for the shopkeeper, she waited to see if there was anyplace to try it on. While she waited she turned to Tadnar and started a conversation, or at least tried too. "My, it sure is a beautiful day. And I also wanted to thank-you for the lovely necklace. It truly is beautiful." She rolled the pendant around in her fingers.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Your thread got lost in the shuffle ~ sorry friend.

IC:

Within the piles of clothes there was a tall but rickity looking folding shade. Upon it were draped colors of fabric the girl had never seen before. It was obviously the only means of area to change in, but it wasn't as if anyone could see her, unless the wobbly topheavy shelter tumbled over. But what are the chances that would happen?

"Yes it is very nice today. Is the weather usually very nice where you came from?" He asked her. Tadnar wasn't the most worldly chap, but neither were many on this isle. When one is in paradise why think of anything else?

"Don't worry about the necklace, like I said, a welcoming present to our wonderful land. May you be so lucky that the rest of your days are as pleasant as this one has started out." He smiled warmly. As they spoke no one had come out to help the couple.

Post by Guest »

Spying the folding shade, she looked around hoping to catch the keeper. Unfortunenly, there was no such luck. Walking closer to the shade, she looked at the materials flug carelessly over it. "Hello??? Is someone in there?" Not hearing an answer she looked back to Tadnar. "You mind?" She may be one with patience but she knew that he wouldn't mind.

"I'm not sure if you remember, but I believe I told you that I am from the Isle. It's a small village, and yes, the weather was very nice as it is here." She moved into the shade and started to remove her clothes. Once removed, she slowly slid on the shirt, the fabric soft against her skin. Next came the skirt. This to was as soft as the shirt. Looking herself over in the mirrored glass, she adjusted the skirt and then stepped out for Tadnar to see.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"I know you are from the isle Arvana." He smiled, but she couldn't see him. "I've just heard that places more northern than here aren't as nice, and those that are close to the notheastern shore get lots of wind from the ocean." As she undressed Tadnar attempted to satiate his curiosity by pawing through the piles of clothes, but more than once he glanced upwards and saw the perfect siluhette of Arvana's body, which left him with a slight blush to his cheeks.

Out of nowhere a short stout old man came calling. "Was someone looking for me? I just leave for a flicker to talk with a friend and a'course thats when someone comes into me shop." He smiled and laughed heartily. "Were ya looking for me chap?" He asked Tadnar.

"Uhm.. yes, me and my.. uhm, and Arvana were interested in buying some clothing from your shop here, she's trying in on right now..." Tadnar cleared his throat. "Almost..." His voice trailed off as Arvana stepped out from behind the shade. "Wow. You look good my dear." He said simply, for nothing else came to his mind.

"I have to agree with him young lady, the outfit suits you. Will you be wanting to purchase it?" The owner asked.

Post by Guest »

She stood up straight and watched their faces as she stepped out from behind the booth. "Why thank-you Tadnar. It does look quite beautiful, doesn't it?" She looked down at herself and admired the fabric and how it clung to her muscled body. Fixing the skirt again, she looked at the shopkeeper. "And how much do you want for these fine clothes?" She moved closer to Tadnar, standing right beside him. She wanted to hold his hand but didnt want to be too forward. Looking up into the horizon, she saw that the sun would be going down soon.
"Oh no. I think I should be going. As I said earlier, I am only passing through. I am on my way to dort. I was thinking of finding a job there and maybe meeting some new people."
She turned around and went back into the shade, getting back into her clothes. Bringing the others out she walked up to the shopkeeper. "How much for these lovely items?"
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: You can add the dress to your character sheet by doing the shoping option above. I took the price as being a Dress, Fancy, Satin. So you can select that and it will be in your sheet.

IC:
Tadnar thought he noted a moment of hesitation in her eyes, but he didn't know what for. "You must be going so soon Arvana?" He sounded rather sad about it.

"That'll be 10 Lance my beautiful young lady." The owner made no move to hide his appreciation of her form. His eyes lifted from her feet up to meet her eyes as he held out his hand waiting for the money. "The dress suits you quite well. I'm sure whom ever you are visiting in Dort will appreciate it. Speaking of which, my brother is going there today. Maybe I should send him some things to take with him to sell." He turned away and began to rummage through the piles of clothes.

Post by Guest »

OOC: K..thanks...did it.

IC: She looked at Tadnar. "I'm so sorry, but I am afriad it's true. I must be leaving. It will be dark soon." This time she made no hesitation. She grabbed his hand and then spoke to the keeper. "Thank-you, but I am actually not visiting anyone. Going the for errands." She started walking, Holding Tadnar's hand, therefor bringing him along whether he wanted to or not. She kept up a fast pace while talking to him. "I'm truly sorry. Would you like to accompany me? Or how about another time? If you choose not to come, I can come and visit you." Reaching the gate, she gave him a quick kiss, wishing him to make up his mind quickly.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Tadnar hadn't expected her to take his hand, but when she did he felt completely fine with it. Suddenly he felt a bit more relaxed, but also his heart was racing faster that it had when he ran across the beaches as a young child. As she steered him towards the gates his eyes met hers as she awaited his answer. Her kiss caught him off guard, but he returned it with equal measure. He was unsure of what to say. One one hand there was the adventure of going across the ocean to Dort, which he had always wanted to do, on the other there was leaving all that he knew here in Pan's Isle. "How long will you be going for my love?" He asked, his voice growing thin and almost cracking at the end.

Post by Guest »

She continued to look him in the eyes. "I am not sure. Maybe for a little bit, maybe for a while. Plans change. So will you come??" There was a bit of pleading in her voice. She wanted him to come, but yet she also wanted to be alone. She hoped he would make up his mind soon. She needed to get going before dark.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Other than goodbyes Arvana is free to leave the isle. You may post in Dort when you are ready.

IC:
"I... I can't. I have things here, things I can't leave behind. I want to see you again. I don't want you to leave. We've only just met." He sighed and looked down at the ground. Kicking a pebble he looked back up. "I hope you find what you are looking for when you go to Dort.. Remember me though? If by nothing else but the necklace, just don't forget, and do come back."

Post by Guest »

Arvana looked as if she was going to cry. His words were sweet and hit the heart. Alothough she really wanted to stay, she knew she must go and get a job. Her money supply was running low. "I'm sorry but I really do have to leave." She gripped the necklace around her neck. "I will always remember you. And I will be back, if not to stay, to visit." With that, she turned adn run through the gates and was off.

Return to “Aveas Archive”