The Assassins Guild of Gulanadur

Moderators: Tristam, Mods

cyren

The Assassins Guild of Gulanadur

Post by cyren »

What's thought to be the deadliest place in all the Seven Isles lies here. The Assassins Guild of Gulanadur. Here the extensive, intense, and often fatal training of the dark elves take place. Only the strong survive and the weak are disposed of indiscriminately. The Guild is run by the one known only as Zaranfir. How she came into power and absolute contol of the guild, is still unknown to this day. Rumor speaks of the divine intervention of Anasati herself as the sole reason. Thus the Assassin's Guild still proudly and defiantly worships the fallen diety Anasati, as it's diety.
Dante Angelus

the dark assassin

Post by Dante Angelus »

Out of the shadows a cloaked form of Dante walks calmly up to the guild and glances quickly at the guard and almost instantly notices that he has no weapons and wants to be so good that he needs none either.

"Is this the Assassins guild of Gulanadur?" he asks even though he knows it is.
cyren

Post by cyren »

The guard steps forward letting out a low rumbling chuckle and pulls something to his side.

"What asks if this is the Assassins Guild? Are you blind or just dumb?" he asks in a thick goading voice. Before either can react another dark elf comes out of the shadows.

"Brutus that is enough."

Looking at the young elf he says, "Quel re. I am Gorath and will guide you inside, untill you are ready to taken your test."
Dante Angelus

Post by Dante Angelus »

Being ill-tempered as Dante is he almost attacks the guard but in respect of those who could defeat him just shruggs it off as nothing.

He turns to the new elf before him and studies him for a second before speaking.

"So you will be my guide? Then do your job and take me to the leader of this guild for i wish to join. And do be quick before i anger any more."

He turns to the guard and gives him a bone-chilling look of never dying hatred for him. Then follows his guide.
cyren

Post by cyren »

Raising an eyebrow Gorath looks at the arrogant dark elf and wonders how long it will take this one to die. Smiling to himself he turns and starts walking toward the doors.

When inside he turns to him and says, "I was supposed to warn you about entering here without being completely sure as to whether or not you had thought this through because if fail you will not live to see the outside of this place again. However, seeing your arrogance I was sure that you hadn't thought it all the way through and your inability to respect anyone even yourself has brought you here today. So I bid you welcome."

"You will follow me and deposit your belongings and ALL weapons into a chest which will be sealed and opened again upon your completion of your test. That is if you complete it."

Letting a taunting smile creep over his lips he looks at the dark elf and asks, "Any questions?"
Dante Angelus

Post by Dante Angelus »

Angered as he was Dante tried his hardest not to tell this elf what he really thought. But he just gave one of his false smiles that make the weak quiver in fear because it shows just how insane he is.

"So where is my boarding? The sooner i get there the sooner i can start. And don't take me lightly. I plan to pass this test and be the greatest and you have already earned my slight hatred."

How i would love to kill this elf. But not now. I have still not become strong enough. I can tell he will kill me faster than i could attack.
cyren

Post by cyren »

As they approached the long hallway there was a door to the left and Gorath entered and led the way to where there were chests and all but one were locked.

"Here is where you will put ALL of your belongings and at the end of the test it will be returned to you providing that you pass the test."

He smirks after saying this and continues, "If you don't pass you will have no need for your things as you will be dead."

"Quickly now as we need to move along."
Dante Angelus

Post by Dante Angelus »

Dante knew that a short temper wouldn't help at this guild and just stared at Gorath then quickly set his things in the chest.

"So what exactly will I be required to do for the test? And just how hard is it?"

I can't start doubting myself now. It won't help at all. Nor can I be so blunt and arrogant as i usually am.
cyren

Post by cyren »

Gorath regarded him with such a cold stare that Dante didn't speak again until they reached the end of the hall. As they passed through the doors into the great hall with it's spectacular pillars and grand staircase Dante noticed 5 chairs up on a platform set over to the side of the room away from the weapon practicing of the other mori quessors in the room.

Three of the chairs were filled and upon getting closer the middle taller thronelike chair was also full only the chair directly to the left was empty and after Gorath indicated where Danted should stop he went and took this chair.

Standing and taking Dante into her sight looking everywhere missing nothing Zanafir spoke.

"What makes you want this cousin?"
Dante Angelus

Post by Dante Angelus »

Absolutely sure of why he wanted this Dante quickly knelt down on one knee and assuredly answered.

"I want to be the best assassin in the world. And to be able to kill quickly, silently, and deadly. I want all who oppose me to fall to the great strength i will gain here. And i also want....."

Then he cut short. Feeling the burning inside he got when ever he was thinking of his past.

"That is all. Please train me. It will be a great honor to be an apprentice of this wonderful guild."

With that he rose and stood, waiting for the inevitable answer. Thinking once more of the brother he hated so much and sought to kill.
cyren

Post by cyren »

Zanafir turning to Gorath who was by her side in a flash, nodded her head and left him to deal with the elf before them.

"In this sack is everything you will need where you are going. Things like flint and steel, a candle, anti-venom, rope, food and more. Remember you must complete the maze alive in order to become the reknowned Assassin that you wish to become."

Upon ending his sentence Gorath tossed the sack and when Dante caught it he pulled a rope and the floor opened up undeneath him swallowing him down a long dark smooth tunnel. Which felt bottomless to Dante as it took a very long time to reach the end.

He came to the end and fell into a very dimly lit dusty room with cobwebs all over the place with twin doors standing next to one another.
Dante Angelus

Post by Dante Angelus »

Dante's eyes quickly adjusted and he viewed his surroundings.

Well this is great. Let's see, how should i start?

He walked slowly and cautiously on, as silently as possible as to not attract any unwanted attention.

Wonder what creatures lurk in this hell hole. I bet they didn't give me any weapons.

Dante knelt down to see just what he had to go on. Hoping to find anything he could use as a weapon.
cyren

Post by cyren »

Dante opened the sack and found many things within; a rope, a candle, flint and steel, a bottle marked anti-venom, clean and rolled bandages, and at the very bottom after pulling many other things he caught the glint of metal. Reaching in he pulled out a small dagger.

Taking the dagger and holding it in his hand Dante approached the doors carefully keeping an eye out for trip wires and the like.
Last edited by cyren on Sun Aug 10, 2003 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dante Angelus

Post by Dante Angelus »

I don't think i should use this candle unless it's absolutely necessary. I'll have to rely on my good eyesight/

Dante slowly pushed open the door and peeked in before going any farther. After taking a few seconds he decided to go in.

Dante was not stupid nor was he going to let his slightly devil-may-care attitude mess him up on his one chance. So he took it slow at first looking everywhere and not missing any detail. No matter how miniscule.

Well, i guess i'll be off then.

And with a deep breath he strode bravely into the unknown.
Dante Angelus

Post by Dante Angelus »

OCC: As I am a Dark Adhiel/dark elf (which ever you prefer), am I safe to assume I can see relatively well in the dark?
cyren

Post by cyren »

OOC: sorry but night vision has been disallowed. So you can't see in the dark and will have to use the candle..but the candle is about 5 inches long and rather fat, but fits in your hand well.

IC: Dante could hear a dripping noise but wasn't sure in which direction it was coming from. It seemed to be coming from directly in front of him in the middle of the floor. He would need to light the candle before he advanced because to do so without seeing where the noise came from was foolish.
Dante Angelus

Post by Dante Angelus »

Dante fished around for the candle and flint and steel.

Where are those things? Ah, here they are.

Dante cut of a small piece of rope and tried to use the flint and steel to light it so he could light the candle. Unsure of his lighting skills he hoped that it would indeed work. He was quickly getting agitated and was about to loose his temper.

Blasted piece of crap! "Light dammit!"

Dante quickly realized his mistake in yelling out. He didn't want any attention.
cyren

Post by cyren »

Dante kept at it and finally the rope caught with a spark and he managed to get it lit. While trying to light the candle he burned two of his fingers and then dropped the burning rope and almost dropped the candle as well. Holding the candle up high Dante moved across the room to the doors.

Standing and looking from door to door he finally approached the left one and began to examine it.
Dante Angelus

Post by Dante Angelus »

Dante looked at it very curiously for a few minutes trying to figure out the door that stood before him.

I guess i should go through. Wonder what's on the other side.

He took a deep breath and decided to try to open it. But he quickly stopped before he did and drew his blade incase there was anything lurking on the other side.

Better be careful. Who knows what's out there.

He felt his muscles tense up and tried to calm himself so he could move fluently if there was anything that might attack him.

Here we go. I guess i better not stall any longer.

With that he shoved the door open with his dagger in his hand. Always ready for an inevitable attack.
cyren

Post by cyren »

After checking the door jam for traps and trip wires Dante crossed the threshold and stepped into a most luxurios room . A painting on each of the four walls of elegant forest scenes each a different kind of forest. There was a beautiful red plush carpet on the floor and one large overstuffed leather chair next to a table which had nothing on it.

On the opposite wall was a huge oak door with no knob or keyhole. It appeared to slide open rather than needing a key.

OOC: Now this is a new challenge in that you must figure out what will make the door open..hehehe.. good luck
Dante Angelus

Post by Dante Angelus »

Not knowing what to make of it all Dante decided to examine all of the paintings. He went to the first one and looked at it long and hard. Then he moved to the next and did the same.

After looking at all of the pictures thoroughly he went and sat on the table, not preferring the soft chair. And for a while he just sat there pondering it. Becoming more enraged all the while as he realized he couldn't figure it out as quickly as he should.
cyren

Post by cyren »

Each of the paintings seemed to have a different scene setting. One the forest was evergreen and covered in deep snow, another was a forest with a clearing and beautiful flowers all around, another had a deer with antlers of a mature young male deer, and one with the forest having all the beautiful hues of oranges, reds and yellows. But there was no real order that they were in or was there?

Return to “Gulanadur Archive”