The Oaken Gates to the Citadel

Moderator: Mods

Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Archon
A guard motioned for Archon to step forward. "Welcome to the Citadel. I need your name and the reason you are here." The line behind Archon seemed to be getting shorter as questions got shorter and people hurried inside to get away from the cold.
A_Siruk_Idnag

Post by A_Siruk_Idnag »

"well my good man, my name is Archon Siruk Idnag from Pan's Isle and my reason of being here is that I have set out to explore the world and the Citadel is my first stop, I believe that is all may I pass."
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Archon
The guard looked up at Archon, clearly intrigued. "Is there anything you wish to see in the Citadel? And sites that you might go to? Any places that you need directions to? Or perhaps you need some place to stay while you are here. The Burpin' Dragon is an inn. There is good food and drink."

The guard quickly wrote something down on a piece or parchment next to him and handed it to Archon. "Don't be loosing that."
Shadow Bane

Post by Shadow Bane »

Shadow nodded to the guard and headed into the heart of the city following the directions he was given. It had been a long day and some food and rest would do him just fine right about now.
A_Siruk_Idnag

Post by A_Siruk_Idnag »

Pocketing the piece of paper he turned to the guard once more and said "well I don't know where do you advise me to go as you obviously know the city well"
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Archon
The guard's eyes widened slightly as the word Pan slowly registered in his ear. His mouth flattened into a scowl and he seemed to tense up. "Well first of all, if you have ANY plans to join the Red Rose guild, you should leave NOW. They cause nothing but trouble and you do NOT want to be associated with them." The guard coughed and took a deep breath. Other guard seemed to be watching on and many of they had the same wary expression.

"I would suggest you go to the tavern, visit around the city, and get out. Of course, enjoy yourself... but there are limits!" The guard frowned at Archon and shook his head. With a nearly mocking grin he added, "Any other questions?"
A_Siruk_Idnag

Post by A_Siruk_Idnag »

"Why do you have a look of disgust on your face have I said something that is upsetting if I have please accept my apologise, on Pan's isle were I come from I usually don't upset many people but this place is different please tell me what it was and I will not say it again" Says Siruk starting to look slightly scared.
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Archon
The guards eyes widened even more as Archon once again announced where he was from. "We have... many visitors from your home. Some of them have been causing a lot of trouble around here. This is a peaceful town, we don't need havoc. You will be fine... if you stay away from them. They congregate in the Red Rose Guild, stay AWAY from there."

The guard shifted uneasily and sighed. "You will be fine here. I would visit the inn..." Other guards who had been watching on scowled at Archon and turned away.
A_Siruk_Idnag

Post by A_Siruk_Idnag »

Archon realising that he was in danger of getting into trouble continued through the gate at went on into the pub.
Channdra Calenia

Post by Channdra Calenia »

Channdra strayed towards the gate, her eyes still locked on the woman. The guard had smiled when the mysterious 'Rose' had approached another guard. But he had said they were up to no good. Then again, that wasn't the stern warning of a man who reviled them. That was a gentle pat in a different direction. The girl didn't pass the gate, but merely moved in it's general area. She didn't want to lose sight of the kind woman's face.

Pulling her cloak across her cotton clothed arms, she waited. Channdra didn't want the guard to see her approach the woman and yet Channdra didn't know any way unless the woman, the Rose, chose to enter the city. But then, why wait at a gate unless what was beyond was her chosen destination. Sighing, a slight smile more delicate than lace whisped across her face. It was momentary, replaced by the keen look of determination. Channdra would wait at the gate until she could meet this woman. She was fond of the guard's friendly tips but her curiosity told her that his advice wasn't strong enough to bind her. Waiting, Channe kept her jade eyes peeled for the approach of the Rose woman.
Bizarius Nerunda

Post by Bizarius Nerunda »

Finally the wooden gate rose from the horizon. Bizarius couldn't even look at sea food anymore. His robe was dirty and at some points a bit bleached by the salty water. He didn't like his robe being dirty but there was no choice: the only washing bin on the boat had been occupied by the captain for the whole journey. But luckily he didn't got sick. He already could see the flickering of armors at the gate. Hopefully it wouldn't be too crowdy at the gate. After going trough all his baggage once more to check if he wasn't forgetting anything he knew the first step of his journey was coming to completion. Finally the ship entered the harbor, where it took place next to the other ships. Bizarius took one last angry look at the washing bin occupiing captain and went on land. But it didn't really matter the captain was annoying, at least he and his ship weren't a horse. And now Bizarius only has to go a few steps to go. Walking to the gate he dusts off his robe a bit. He has to be presentable after all. From the boat the gates looked kinda small, but now Bizarius stands in front of them, he's impressed by the great craftsmanship that has been applied on them. Hoping to get a good meal en night rest in the city he sets of for the first guard he encounters. "I hope those blokes have some brains and let me in... you never know with soldiers..."
Last edited by Bizarius Nerunda on Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Channdra
The woman continued to talk with the guard and he seemed clearly annoyed. Their voices started to rise but the guard took a look around and he quieted down. A couple more heads turned towards the woman in silent anticipation, but others turned back, trying not to seem nosy.

After some time, the woman was able to get past the guard. She seemed slightly amused by the whole affair, picking up the piece of parchment with a grin and then sauntering slightly as she walked thought the gate. The guard scowled as she walked past, but he did nothing else. As he watched her go, he grinned slightly and turned back to his work.

The woman noticed Channdra almost instantly, yet she made no movement towards Channdra. Clearly she was used to having eyes on her. The woman half glided, half sauntered past Channdra.

Bizarius
After reaching the front of a short line, a guard motioned for Bizarius to step forward. "Welcome to the Citadel. I need your name and the reason you are here." The guard was sitting at a desk with some ink and parchment. His hands, nose, and ears were red and he seemed to be near shivering.
Channdra Calenia

Channdra's eyes bugged as the woman made no move to approach her. A moment after she whisked past, Channdra took several hesitant steps into the city after her. They were slow as she pondered what in the world she would ask the woman. Yet, Channe had always been a blunt soul. She had the perfect question. Moving quickly now, drinking in the energy of the bustling gate but watching for the Rose woman, Channdra picked her way after her. Hopefully she hadn't managed to get far.
Cahil Maluspuer

Enter Cahil.

Post by Cahil Maluspuer »

The voyage as a free man had been uncomfortable is many ways. Like the deserts of Amun the sea seemed just as relentless and eternal; whilst one promised the arid earth the other offered an abundance of water. It had not taken long before Cahil had learnt he was not a natural sailor. The swell and salt of the sea was far different to all he had ever known.

It was not only the landscape that took much adapting too, so did his position on the ship. For the first time in his life he had travelled as a free man. Whilst he should have relished the sensation Cahil had been ready to jump to commands given to others. Given his freedom he had vowed never to bow to another man before but found that a lifetime of routine was harder to escape than he had imagined.

Blinking against the brightness of the light after spending much time hidden below decks Cahil brushed the hair away from his swarthy skin. The cold was like nothing he had experienced before. Already he knew his struggle to adapt would take much longer than he had ever anticipated.

Closing in on the gate Cahil paused to smile and reveal pearly white teeth. “Good day. I have travelled from Amun Rah, as a free man,” he could not help but add for fear they would think badly of him. “I have come to visit the Guild of the Rose companions. There is such a place in the citadel is there not?”
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Channdra
The woman continued walking strait into the crowds of people. She seemed to be in a hurry, perhaps from the cold or something else. The woman stopped and looked around warily every once in a while and then turned and walked off. Channdra was able to follow the woman for some time until a large crowd suddenly emptied from a tavern and the woman was nowhere to be seen.

The door of the inn was open and there were several allies that seemed dark. A cold gust of wind hit and the people around Channdra shivered.

Cahil
The guard looked up at Cahil and his eyes widened and he looked annoyed. "The Rose guild... what fool would come here looking for that place? No no, good sir, you are better off not going there. There is nothing you want at that place. It is full of thieves and money stealers. Traitors of the Caesar!"

A couple guards who heard Cahil's proclamation muttered among themselves. One of the guard's hands reached toward his sword. The guard talking to Cahil shook his head. "Perhaps you wish to find a place to stay instead... or visit our beautiful temples?"
Cahil Maluspuer

To say the guards reaction to the mention of the red rose guild was educational to Cahil would have been an understatement. For one he knew that the guild has its enemies and what they said.

Having travelled so far Cahil to get here he was not to be swayed from his decision to visit and attempt to join quite that easily. Nor was he going to argue his point with any man in the cold snow that seemed alien to him. All he wanted was to pass through the gates and be done with it. So let them hear what it is they want to and we shall al be happy.

“Then I bow in thanks for your advice” Cahil said as he did just that with a smile. “A place to stay is to be my first priority once you have allowed me entrance to your great citadel. And then perhaps I shall look at these temples that you speak so highly of” he added looking towards the other guard who had spoken.
Channdra Calenia

Cursing her luck with mild dwarvish phrases and stumbling over the language a bit, Channe attempted to dodge through the crowd. She couldn't be sure which alley way the Rose woman had ducked into and considered the one nearest herself. A wind swirled through the heavy crowd which convulsed in a nearly unified mass of shivers. Heading for the alley, Chanddra pulled her pack from beneath her cloak and extracted a pair of gloves to ward of the greater chill. Sigh, she had one solace. If the mysterious woman wasn't found here, Channdra could always simply visit the Rose Guild itself. The name certainly wasn't that unfamiliar to her ears that she didn't know what they did. She would look into this raging curosity of hers and find one way or another to slake it.
Bizarius Nerunda

Bizarius stepped up to the guards' desk. Rubbing his hands, to get some warmth he spoke to the guard:"I'm Bizarius Nerunda, and i've travelled from Kislovan to here in search of a friend. I think there is a good chance that i'll find him here. If i won't find him, then there is a great possibility that i'll stay here for a while to learn more of you humans and to study the art of magick."
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Cahil
The guard looked suspiciously at Cahil and nodded slowly. He then pulled out a piece or parchment and quickly wrote something on it. Suddenly looking up, he gazed at Cahil and coughed. "I need your name."

The other people and guards who had been watching were quieted by Cahil's sudden change in opinion. Most looked away while a few cold children continued to watch the proceedings with vacant eyes. The guard cleared his throat. "Do you need directions to the inn?"

Bizarius
The guard picked up a piece of parchment and wrote something down on it. He then handed it to Bizarius and shrugged. "Don't be loosing that." The guard looked around and then stood up. He stretched and then sat back down. "It is cold... unusually cold... too cold."

"The University of Magik, ehhh? Well... you might want to reconsider. Of course, you can go look at it but some odd stuff has been going on over there." The guard shuddered and shook his head in disapproval.

"Do you need directions to an Inn? The Burpin' Dragon is one you might be interested in. Great food... a warm place to stay." The guard stopped and smiled wistfully.

Channdra
OOC: Please jump to the thread A Hopeless Search (Channdra Samheen 13th)
Last edited by Swallow on Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cahil Maluspuer

Wondering what had brought down the suspicious looks from the guards and what was being written down Cahil answered “Cahil Maluspuer, of Amun Rah.”

He had thanked the guards for their opinion and agreed that he did need accommodation, which happened to be true. While he still intended to visit the Rose, and had not mentioned otherwise, he would also follow their advice and visit the temple of the city also. Strange people these citizens of the citadel, he thought. He could not fathom what could have brought about the change he saw in them.

“For directions to the inn or any other place I might find acquire shelter for the night I would be grateful.”
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC to Cahil : stepping in for a moment in the interest of speed so you can join an ongoing adventure :)

IC: The guards nodded and gave him directions to the Burpin Dragon. As Cahil moved away he could feel their eyes prick in his back.

OOC: Please join the Burpin Dragon with a timestamp of Samheen 13th.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
Bizarius Nerunda

Knowing that he would be in an inn soon, Bizarius enjoyed the suffering of the guard. So there was some odd stuff happening at the academy. Hmm, maybe he should consider other ways to expand his magical abilities...
The inn shouldn't be a bad place to look for advice, and since Bizarius needed a place to spend the night anyway the guards directions could be useful. Bizarius ears and nose felt like they could fall of every moment now, so he hastily asked the guard for the directions to the Burpin' Dragon:"It's a pitty to hear that the university of magick has some trouble of it's own at the moment, but that isn't one of my biggest concerns. An inn would come in handy though, for i have no friends in the city to spend the night with. You make the burping dragon sound like a nice place and therefor, i would be glad to receive your directions. I hope you'll soon be off duty too my friend, because with this weather, you can't leave a dog outside for five minutes."
Kaliber Fireblade

Post by Kaliber Fireblade »

OCC: Requesting time stamp please
IC:
A tall and very muscular youth walked towards the Citadel’s magnificent gate. He wore his usual travel suit, which consists of a brown cloak, a loose white shirt, breeches, leggings and a pair of plain boots. A sheathed long sword hung loosely on his side while a couple of other weapons, reside somewhere beneath his clothes.
Kaliber Fireblade paused and gazed with awe at the huge and magnificent gate that stood before him. He could not believe that he had made it at last. His eyes gleamed with anticipation as he took in every detail of the gate.
‘Truly enough the gate of the Citadel is an amazing sight. If the gate is good, then the city behind it is definitely better.’, Kaliber thought. ‘Well what am I standing here for?’
He continued on, humming a cheerful tune as he did so. When he approached the entrance, Kaliber stopped and saw guards guarding the gate. He looked at one and cheerfully smiled and greeted him.
“Hello my good lord! I’m Kaliber Fireblade. I seek admittance to the Citadel.”
Swallow

Post by Swallow »

Bizarius
The guard nodded and gave Bizarius directions to the Burpin' Dragon. It seemed fairly close by and easy to find. "Its a good choice to stay away from that place. Only fools remain in that place." The guard spat and shook his head in aggravation.

"You may pass. Don't forget... be careful. There will be no trouble in this city!"

Kaliber - Samheen 13th
The guard looked at Kaliber and, seeing no harm in the man, gave a quick laugh. "Lord indeed! Welcome to the Citadel. I need to know your n.... I need to know why you have come here." The guard chuckled and shook his head. He was clearly used to greetings people at the gates.
Bizarius Nerunda

Bizarius took the directions. Looking at them for a second he saw that the place shouldn't be too hard to find. "Thanks for the help", he said,"and a good day to you sir." Bizarius strolled trough the gate with the directions in his hands.

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”