Enterance Thread for Aubrille Delassiae

Moderator: Mods

rhoddin

Enterance Thread for Aubrille Delassiae

Post by rhoddin »

The soft brush of the salty air finally wakes you up. There is sand between your fingers. You're on a beach! The rushing sound of the gentle waves breaking a few yards from where you lay sprawled on the sand confirms your suspicions. Your mind is empty and you have absolutely no clue how you landed here.

As you look around you see the beach is empty, except for yourself. In the distance some gigantic crabs scurry away. Your eyes kid you not, they are indeed as big as pigs, with vicious claws to match. But they seem more scared of you than you are of them.

In between the gentle dunes, with fair tops of waving seagrass, that mark the end of the beach you notice a small path. At the beginning of the path you see several items on the ground, shining metal sparkling in the sunlight. A small awkwardly written notice, which strangely enough even the illiterate can read says

"Please leave all weapons here. Beyond this point the gods will provide."
Last edited by rhoddin on Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aubrille Delassiae

Post by Aubrille Delassiae »

Aubrille hesistantly withdraws her beautful knife from her pack, contemplating as to whether she should take it with her. Her faith is failing her, a little, as she lays it down, paying homage to the writer of the note by placing herself in the hands of strangers.
The isle is certainly wonderful, albeit a little strange for her, but she has dusted the sand from her robes, and despite the tossing and turning of the night boat that deposited her so roughly on the sand, she feels brave and energetic. She smiling, squinting, at the sun and begins to trill "Praise be" under her breath.
She shoulders her pack stiffly, and quiets her voice, watching the scenery of the isle stretch out from her feet.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The path Aubrille walked was not arduous, as she walked she passed by large fields. In the distance there were more of the well tended fields, replete with crops gently swaying in the mild breeze that swept the Isle. Although she could see no people working the fields, she felt herself drawn along the path, and could not veer away to investigate these empty fields, or the crops they contained.

Soon she found herself approaching a collection of white buildings. The path ended on a dusty square, in front of what was clearly the centrepiece of the settlement, if one could call it that. The entrance, marked by two huge marble pillars, had no doors, only a deep darkness strangley inviting for one who chose to follow the god of light, that pulled at her very soul to enter, in fact Aubrille found the pull of the entrance almost unbearable.
Aubrille Delassiae

Biting her lip, suddenly shy of the over-powering sense of focus, she paused only to observe the face of the building before walking straight into the cool darkness. It felt like balm on her skin, after the uninterrupted sunlight of the beach.
She paused on the threshold, feeling a sense of fulfillment for having got this far. Aubrille waited for her eyes to become accustomed to the dark, and the floor glowed grey softly as the light poured in from behind her.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As Aubrille entered the hall her eyes were drawn to the middle of the temple, where light fell in through the roof. There was a pool right under it, sparkling in the sunlight.

As her eyes adjusted to the darkness she saw four small channels run away from the pool, where overflown water would be easily drained. At the far end of the pool a large decorative construction hang over the pool, almost like an aquaduct. The darker coloring than the rest of the stone suggested water flowed regularly from its top, about ten metres high.

But not now. Everything was quiet, hushed, waiting....
Aubrille Delassiae

Aubrille stepped closer, barely daring to breathe lest her breaths broke the perfect, awesome silence. She had never read of the inside of this temple before, and, as she strayed closer to the pool, she wondered if the island was suffering from a drought.
With a fit of nervousness waiting in the pit of her stomach, Aubrille bent down very slowly, looked around as if someone else might be in the shadows, and stroked the surface of the glittering water.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As Aubrille's eyes adjusted to the light further, she noted the blue mosaic that was down in the pool, swirling in geographic forms beneath the small wavelets her brushing of the surface caused.

The water was probably about half a human's height, making it comfortable for bathing. Yet the atmosphere was so solemn, it hardly seemed an appropriate thought.

Suddenly she heard a gurgling sound, and within seconds water streamed down from the decorative structure with such force as to create a strong waterfall. The rush of sound filled her ears and it was as if just beyond her capability of hearing a thousand voices filled her head.
Aubrille Delassiae

Aubrille felt the emotion overwhelm her, and, struggling to breathe, she fell to her knees, but still stretched her arms across the water, while it pummelled her thin fingers. She tried to clear her mind, tried to open her ears to the air above the aqueduct. She tried to make herself limpid, allowing her mind to reflect the chorus and hear the message.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As the waters of the pool calmed, Aubrille looked around the room and noticed a woman in a simple white robe standing to the right. Had she been there before? The woman was old and slightly bend, wrinkles cracking up her coarse face. Certainly she was no beauty. Yet she waited serenely, peace radiating from her face and her hands folded in front of her.

When she saw that the young elf had noticed her she smiled "Blesseth are the new. The gods talk to you, daughter. Are you ready to learn how to listen?"
Aubrille Delassiae

Aubrille nodded silently, rising to her feet. She was enveloped by calm as she set eyes on the stranger.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The woman surveyed the clm facade of the elf before, before bowing her head in welcome. When she raised it again clear grey eyes stared out at Aubrille, eyes that seemed to strike to the very core of her soul. Not that you would call them predatory or dangerous, just knowing with the knowledge of ages behind them.

"I can see you are ready to listern to daughter. Cast off your mortal garments and enter the pool of the Oracle. Call to your god and let them speak too you, listern to what they have to say, and be prepared to listern." For such an old frail looking woman, her voice had a resonance that filled the chamber.

OOC: This is your invitation, I know you may have already decided your choice of diety, and this is the opportunity to announce it to the Isle.
Aubrille Delassiae

Aubrille nodded slowly, and silently, with small hands, took off her sandals, laying carefully beside her in parallel positions. Glancing at the woman, though without shame, she slowly unbuttoned her bodice and laid it down, then her poor shirt, followed by her large, thin, full and heavy skirt. Now totally disrobed, she slid into the pool and took a deep breath. Her ksinw as now steeped in cool, cool water.
Tentatively, Aubrille watched her toes merge in and out of focus as the water shivered and bloomed blue.
Suddenly remembering her task, she summoned breath into her belly, and called out, with a tone of song,
"Illuminatus, I have come. I have walked across the shore into your temple. Illuminatus, I am ready. My ears are open inside. My heart is waiting patiently for your touch."
Her hunched shoulders shivered. The water was still. She waited patiently.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As Aubrille stood in the waist deep water, she seemed to be surrounded by a glowing light which gradually increased in intensity until she seemed to be infused with the brilliance of the light.
Aubrille Delassiae

She felt is coursing through her veins, singing under her skin. So this was God - her God. Her soul stretched up, playing in high liberty and teasing the air with its transparent purity.
Her life was a straight channel, a perfect river of light energy that flowed from birth to death and flooded fields, and embraced trees, and was laced with oxygen.
This was revelation; joy; purpose; truth.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As the light intensifies and Aubrille's soul soars, a single note seems to hum through her ears, soft and pure, it seems in harmony with the light. The light which had previously infused her body now seems to be forming a wall around her, a perfect circle, just out of reach if she stretched her arms out to each side.

To hum, or not to hum ...
Aubrille Delassiae

The one note burbles out of Aubrille's fruitful throat. Anything to get closer from the light, that teases her so strangely with its tempting sphere. She has finally lost the restraints of intellect, safe in the sacred opaque space where her worship's hidden, truest and most joyful.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

As her humming came into tune with the sound surrounding her, the curtain of light seemed to fall, leaving the elf standing in a circle of white, a residual of the earlier light.

Standing across from her was a vaguely humanoid (or elfoid if you prefer) shape, seemingly clothed in a shimmering white light. The features where impossible to make out, but a sense of power and age emanated from the entity as it surveyed Aubrille.
Aubrille Delassiae

Aubrille's jagged breath caught on her lips, and she faltered. Now the chapel was deafeningly silent, and she could hardly look at the figure in front of her.
With tiny movements, her mouth let spill;
"God?"
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

If you prefer, maybe a God if not the God. Illuminatus will suffice.

Tell me young one, what brings you too my dwelling?
A sence of humour pervaded the voice Aubrille heard in her head.
Aubrille Delassiae

Aubrille felt a little sheepish, but this passed.

I've come,
she replied with a falsely-strong voice, to dedicate myself to your calling. I want to study the scriptures in your house. Will you take me?
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The voice in her head was more solemn this time, And what would you do with this knowledge my child? For although I approve of knowledge, of what value is it for its own sake?

And the entity before her seemed to change hue somewhat, a slight tinge of blue seeping into the otherwise startling white of its visage.
Aubrille Delassiae

Aubrille was silenced by this cutting question. Surely, pursuit of the mystical, study of the celestial was worship?
She searched her heart, quailing with fear and smaller than ever.
"I would.." (She chanced her best bet.) "..Preach the perfection of a life of divinity? I would hallow Your name."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

Before her the entity glowed a sharper white than before, and the voice in her head returned, I welcome your response, as the faith of my followers is what drives my strength.

So I take it you would seek to bring others into my fold, through your knowledge and your example?
Was it a question, or a statement, it was hard to discern.
Aubrille Delassiae

"Yes.." Aubrille stepped slowly into the question, as if something was afoot. Was he calling her to ministry? Not Pan's Isle, she shuddered inwardly, not those heathens born without the long view of a rational mind. Animals.
No.
"I seek to bring the unbeliever into the beauty of light, by study, debate service and love. I seek to please you and follow your will - is this how you would have me do it?"
Alone, on this forgotten island, she fell suddenly upon honesty. She trusted her God implicitly, and she trusted in Him alone - almost more than she trusted herself. His will would be omniscient and wise. To do his bidding would be walking a divine path, truly, lit up and calling the world into the peace of her faith.
He could see into her thoughts, she remembered, self-concious and sensible again.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

You have set yourself a hard road to follow mt child, but I welcome your service, and trust in your diligence.

I will keep you no longer, but ask that you remember how you came to me. It is through true prayer and in reaching this my sanctum that you will be able to most efficiently call upon me to assist you in your pursuits.

Before her the entity that was Illuminatas seemed to glow brighter again, the wall of light formed upwards from the cirle around her, beginning to circle slowly.

Suddenly she was no longer in the safe place she had been, but back in the pool on Oracles Isle, water over her head, and filling her mouth.

Return to “Oracle's Isle archives (old)”