FIELD TRIP, Samheen 8th req: battle mages

Moderator: Mods

saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

OOC: Gee, I wondered when you would realise you are Battle-mages !! :wink:
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

[size=84]Bruce Springsteen[/size]

[size=75]http://www.dreslough.com[/size]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

OOC: I know! It occured to me that I had a blasted quater staff with me, lol.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Her life force were slowly being replenished, she felt it as it churned inside of her, filling the emptiness and exhaustion.

If only Fauna could break her paralyzed state, she could clearly help her two rescuers more. Yet, her gaining force were not enough to stop Tarrant and she knew that their chance were still slim.

Nonetheless, the young apprentice still need a huge amount of her life force back and she needed it fast. Her pull on her own Will were slow and isn't enough to regain the energies lost to her.

So Fauna decided to speed things up and maybe weaken Tarrant more.

With her newly regaining energy and despite her weakening state, the blond young magelet mentally tapped a handful of those minute particled energies. She needed an energy type that travels quickly and decided to use the Light Molecular Force. Gathering as much as she can muster, she moaned, exhausted and sweating, for she had to separate the four elements in order for the molecular arcane energies to be forged as the type of energy she truly need. Thus, when she had finished separating some unwanted particles from every single energy, she gathered and tapped a handful minute light energy particles devoid of any solid force nor raw elemental energy though only its spectrum remain yet feathery and very light as if a single thrust or push would skitter them a thousand leagues away in an instant.

That done and profused with sweat and mental tiredness, Fauna anchored every Spectrum Energy Particles to the link between herself and Tarrant and to the Life Energy that flows back to her and siphoned it back to her in order for the Energy quickly move. If what she's done is correct, her life force will zoom back to her in the speed of light.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Falco

Post by Falco »

ooc my spell checker is not working :( hope to have it up again soon

Falco watched Ashtallion sprint across to Tarrant. Wishing to join Ashtallion in the attack but fearfull of letting his sheild fall around Fauna with a determand look Falco started to head towards Tarrant mindful of his sheild with Fauna being careful trying not to weaken it as he started to close the gap.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

slowly, like water dripping through a rock, Fauna felt a tiny drop of her life's energy returning to her, not enough to break the spell, or replanish her energies, but it was a start.

From the corners of het eyes Fauna could see Ashtallion and Falco run to Tarrant, Ashtallion with his staff raised while she could feel a calm strength reaching out to her from Falco.

Tarrant turned to them, and while doing that, released Fauna some more.
"I warned you ! Now you will never leave this forest alive, I will have your lives to feast on too ! Though you will not taste as sweet as this young woman I will drain you slowly and painfully !"
[size=100][color=red] It takes a red-headed woman, to get a dirty job done[/size][/color]

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" I is thinking different, Tarrant! ", with a rage that surprised and frightened even himself, Ashtallion began to bring his staff down in an arc to crack it across the obviously demented professors head, if he made it that far.
Falco

Post by Falco »

[/i] Oh I so wish i had my staff within my hands and not these swords.[i] Falco thought to him self as he drew each one somewhat awkwardly though happy with him self that he at lest knew how to hold the things. Firm but not a death grip,p loose for movement but no going to be knocked out of one's hand with a blow to them. Not bothering with words Falco let his sword on his right slash upwards and letting the sword in his stay at the ready mind full of where Ashtallion attack was trying to take him from the other side. With a great need of rest in his bones calling for him to embrace night Falco tried to force a little more energy out from his self as he tried to hold a few strands off energy free to try and spoil what ever Tarrant might try to wave.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Being a mage himself (an evil one, but a mage non the less) Tarrant did not expect a normal attack. All his mind focused on the magic. He simply could not see why anybody would lower himself to an attack with a sword, or even worse, a quarterstaff.

Because of this, it took him just a few flickers to realise what was happening. In fact, the notion hit him the same time Ashtallions staff did.

Tarrant blinked his eyes, and lost grip on his spells, causing Fauna to fall to the floor.
Dazed he looked around, saw Falco coming to him, and instinctively reacted by sending a blast of energy to him.
Fortunately for Falco, Ashtallions staff had made Tarrant dizzy and wobbly. Most of the blast missed him, though he could feel flames touching his face, and could smell burned hair. His face and right arm would hurt, a lot, but he would be fine in the end.

This took only a while, then Tarrant retreated to a big tree, resting his back against it, trying to clear his haed, and get ready for the next, and final attack.

Falco

Post by Falco »

ooc: Yummy BBq Elf. :D

"Oh Bloody Ahggg!" Where the only sounds to leave Falco's mouth as he tossed him self in the ground letting his sword in his left hand hit the ground as he brought his hand to the side of his face for a moment. Before forcing him self up with a grunt to see where Tarrent was half expecting a following shot of fire. Oh I am going to gut him. Falco thought to him self while looking briefly down at his arm to see if the burn was as bad as it felt.

"Ashtallion we have to finish it or the next attack will take our life." Falco said with gritted teeth a moment later Falco sprinted towards the tree that Tarrant had hidden behind not wanting to give him a chance to clear his head knowing that a well aimed shot would be a lot more painful. Reaching the tree he turn around to see where Ashtallion was and point towards him then the left of the tree and Falco pointed to the right of the tree then him self looking to see if Ashtallion agreed with the quickly laid plan though knowing it had many flaws and that if they ran they could not take Fauna in there retreat.[/i]
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion's eyes glinted with an odd mix of manevloence and sorrow as he struck Tarrant.... but would think on these feelings later when he had time to clearly. He nodded his understanding to Falco, and swiftly made haste to accomplish such. So tired... legs burn..... , in essence, everything seemed to burn, his eyes, his arms, his mind. Every fibre screamed in protest as he forced his legs to move, muscles he never knew existed within him, aching, searing pain twisting up his back.

Dashing forward, he gathered what energy was left in him, minute though it was, and tried to focus it upon the end of the quaterstaff.... hopefully all going well, it would stun the the corrupt sorcerer long enough. He would finish this with his bare hands if need be.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Though Ashtallions strength was nowhere near its normal level, maybe his resolve, or despair, or the final flicker of magic, he managed to hit Tarrant on the left shoulder, causing him to stumble and to loose control of his spells completely.

Tarrant threw a fluent flow of curses at Ashtallion, but could not, at this moment, do anything else. He did not have any weapons, for he always completely relied on his magic, but this time it seemed he had underestimated the power and strength of the two young mages.

This gave Falco just enough time to circle around the tree and attack Tarrant from the back.
Since the evil mage did not wear any armour, Falco's sword went right through Tarrants pants, slicing through his right thigh.
Tarrant fell down, cursing even more. then he realised he had only a few seconds left, before the two youngsters would kill him.
With his final strength, he raised his hands in the air, pointed one at each of the mages, and released a cloud of little stinging bolts of energy, razor-sharp tiny flashes of white light came rushing towards Ashtallion and Falco, like a huge swarm of angry wasps, there was even the same strange buzzing sound...

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion rose his staff in defense, to little avail. The magic struck him, painful stinging sensations clawing his body, drawing blood. The elf stumbled backwards, tripping over protruding roots that seemed to ensnare his ankles as he fell. He swore in Elvish, with what small breath he had left in him. Hitting the ground hard, that breath was knocked from his burning lungs.

Gasping, he could little else save lie there until air once more filled his chest. He prayed Falco could finish it if he could not.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

"NOOOO!!!" She screamed out helplessly.

She was now standing, her hands reaching out to Asht as he fell down from Tarrant's energy bolt.

Fauna felt very tired: her head aching, her bosom heaving with hard effort of breathing when something alien, *very* alien snapped inside of her.

Looking back, she would have guessed, though she did researched if her theory was correct, that the energy she must have regained might be Tarrant's own. Evil and Dark not her usual Arcane Will (Which is chaste, unexperienced, sparkling pink and perky). That must have explained the pure extreme rage that exploded within herself, as she caught sight of the Asht's blood gushing from his chest.

Madness succumbed within her eyes, raw anger and hatred which she fed on her now growing energy, which expand only for one reason: Tarrant's life and blood. The thirst enveloped her, and her Will flared, unmaneageble and untrained, tainted with Tarrant's Evilness as well.

But, something happened that wasn't supposed to happen.

Her hatred enveloped her other fellow student-mage as well and the feeling and that evil desire, like pure quicksilver ran through her veins...

...calling not for Tarrant's blood but for Asht's and Falco's as well.

With a sudden thirst, she advanced towards them, slowly and menacingly, dark unmanegeable energies flaring in and about her. And with a flicker of her wrist, three small raw of flame -- flickering a dark pinkish hues -- burst at her palm.

"Burn!" She whispered hungrily and cackled a small cold laugh. And the three small dark pinkish fires individually zoomed towards the three figures.

ooc: erm... I'm not sure if I'm assuming much or if this post is allowed. But if it is, just tell me so I can edit it properly. I just thought that the concept is kinda cool! You know, Fauna becomign evilish because some part of Tarrat's Will had been entered inside her like a virus... or something...
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

OOC: ROFL ! You don’t need me to come up with evil plots, you can make them yourselves. * sits back and enjoys the scenery *
Fauna, your post is just a tiny bit too much, but as it’s sooooo much fun…..

IC:
There they were: one evil mage, his plan turned on him, and three easy victims now ready to make the kill. Two young battle-mages: trapped in a dark-mages evil plot, fighting for their lives, and that of their fellow-student.
And, of course, the beautiful damsel in distress, trapped by dark forces.
The forest was silent, as if holding his breath for the final battle, which was sure to come. One way or the other, things would be over soon.

But then: Fauna, fallen to the ground, suddenly recoverd. At first she could barely stand. She sat on the ground, her blond hair a mess, her dress torn, barely breathing.
Then she stood, and gathered het strentgh, and as she did so, a strange light shone from her eyes. Her gaze was vacant, far away, dark…. She raised her hands and turned to the three mages, together beneath the large tree. She took a deep breath, and fire shot from her fingers towards the three of them.
Ashtallion and Falco, through their fatigue and dizzyness, realised quikly that Fauna was not just after Tarrant, but wanted to kill them as well.

What could they do ? Was there enough time to run, or evade her attack. How could they stop her ? And if they could not, was their only option to attack her too ???

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

OOC: lol... ok, gonna have to think on this one!!
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

ooc: Weeeheee! What fun! Oodles of fun! Thanx Saskia! :sigh: I know there will be a drawback for this! Yikes! Sorry Falco and Asht, I couldn't help it! Aren't you proud of me Syrawenn? I'm sure you are! :twisted:
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

OOC: can't wait to see what wil happen !!

Falco

Post by Falco »

ooc sorry i have been having massive net problems and they still are not cleared up i think.

grins do we make it behind the tree?

Ic "Bloody stupid girl." Falco shouted as he saw the engerys form as snake out of her weaves towards them loosing all interest with Tarrent, Falco tried to grab ahold of Ashallion anywhere he could as he tossed to gather a ball of light and sent it off in Fauna's general direction hoping it would let her mind focus for a moment. to get them between the tree and there new problem.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

He grimaced in silent pain, teeth clenched against the gasp and moan that was seeking escape from his throat. " Leave me..... help girl! ", Ashtallion attempted to dislodge himself from Falco's grip, but had neither the strength nor Will to accomplish his intended task. His mind reeled, this had started as a simple training exercise, and now the three students were fighting for their lives..... perhaps the University simply took their training to the extreme..... a soft mirthing laugh ecohed in his head. He looked to Fauna, such corrupted energy danced like shadows about her to his almond shaped clear blue eyes, such innocence, it would be a miracle if the girl were to return to her normal self after this, if they survived that was.

Father, lend me strength, aid me in finding that light which ever spills forth from you......
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Just in time Falco and Ashtallion made it behind a sturdy tree. It saved their lives, but barely, and how long could they hope to fight off not one, but two evil mages ?

Falco's ball off light succeeded in distracting Fauna for just a second. But Tarrant was allready gathering his will and strength, determined not to let the three of them get away. He was not only angry for his prey who escaped him at the last moment, but having the two battle-mages run back to the university with the story of what happened would ruin everything he had accomplished here. He would have to flee, leave everything behind and run for his life.
Better and easyer to come up with an excuse for three dead students...

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

He was far beyond simple exhaustion, such tiredness had seemed to reach a new state, a cold numbness began to seep though Ashtallion, and lights flashed before his eyes. Attempting to push such flashes aside and regain what sense of awareness he could, the young elf looked towards Tarrant. He didn't think the rouge mage faired much better than he did, as the physical blows, being unexpected, must have hit him hard. Turning his lucid attention to Fauna, Ashtallion had no slightest idea how to aid her. Whatever plagued her mind and body was something far beyond his conception, though the chilling but overwhelming sensation of power, was not, and he knew well enough not to attempt anything against her. He prayed that Falco had enough strength to deal with Tarrant first....
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

She shrieked a frustrated blood-curling scream when all her magical attempt seemed to be futile.

Falco’s magicks were puny, she thought disgustedly. Annoyed that such a mere ploy could have distracted her from killing them. But nonetheless, she will have what she wants.

It was eerie; maybe it was the trick of the light. Or maybe it was the flickering shadows all around her, but Fauna’s appearance seemed to be changing… Altering.

The color of her blond silken hair were draining to be replaced by a dull raven black hue and her once sparkling cerulean eyes were coal colored and maliciously, hungrily gazing at the prostrate figure of Tarrant.

With all the pent up emotions; fear, rage and anger, it appeared that the air around her were alive, flickering with energies, all feeding from something alien within her.

Yes… What she wants is… More power.

Disregarding the two prone figures, the young magelet descended her eyes at Tarrant and advanced towards him…

…Slowly disrobing her garment at the process, with her hungry small smile on her pure red lips.

“Take me…” She whispered velvetly and hungrily at Tarrant.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Ashtallion watched with a horrid fascination as Fauna made her way towards Tarrant, unable to tear his gaze from the morbid scence. Take me.., he had heard her whisper to the rouge mage, and the words brought a cold wash of disgust and fear, sending a shudder up his spine. He placed a hand against the tree, straining to stand, muscles burning and screaming in protest as he did so. What magic he could weave felt sluggish and slow in coming, weak and nearly useless.
saskia
Game Designer
Game Designer

Post by saskia »

Tarrant stood staring in amazement at Fauna. Just a haertbeat ago she had tried to kill him, and now she came to him, begging to give her his power.

He looked at her motionless, all possible actions going through his mind, yet he dared not to move, fascinated byy Fauna.
Somehow something about her has changed. Her stride is no longer cheerful and bouncy, but slow and purposeful. Her dark eyes are locked on Tarrants, there is nothing left in the world exept for their eyes, locked in....what..a battle ? A silent understanding ? a secret conversation ?

Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

The darkhaired woman met Tarrant's eyes with equal hunger and the red lips pursed in a desirable smile.

Her black-orbed eyes blinked as she scrutinized the mad wizard with shrewd interest, what was blue and innocent was now dark and seductive, as if daring Tarrant to come.

Slowly, Fauna's altered form strode purposefully towards Tarrant and within a few feet, she paused and finished disrobing herself.

And bit by bit, her gown fell down as the sky covered her as its own.

She reached out an arm towards him and blinked her eyes.

Take me... Fill me... Her silent mind moaned at the dark wizard.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”