Samheen 6, Out of one darkness… and into another...

Moderator: Mods

Windrunner

Post by Windrunner »

"No, I am not stupid, though I can't blame you for not believing him." Windrunner responded in elven, somewhat annoyed. Then again, if not for certain things that had happened to her before, she probably wouldn't believe Kelrick either. "In my past, I have had two incredible misconceptions about other races shattered. There was once a time when I found high elves as horrible as you do orcs." Windrunner explained. "That was before I came to Tel'Aranae'Quessir, and learned that the elves of that place were probably in the minority." She added, a great deal of scorn in her voice as she said "That place", and delibrately not saying the name of it. "Were I a normal elf who had lived a rather uneventful life, I would not be taking this position, and had I the reasons to hate orcs you do, I probably would not have believed Kelrick either. Of course, were I born a normal orc instead, I would probably have the same reasons for hating elves so many do for despising orcs. However, I am none of those things, and as such I believe there is some truth to what Kelrick says, and I think that while orcs may be very cruel to us, they have their reasons, no race can be what so many believe the orcs are." Windrunner finished her explanation, in the hopes that though there was little chance of anyone actually taking her side in this, perhaps they could understand that she did have good reasons.
Sarendara

Post by Sarendara »

Sarendara saw no reason in Windrunner's point. Perhaps, previously, she would have agreed. But that had been before she was captured, bound, and taken away from her friends. Also in Elvish, Sarendara spoke to Windrunner, quietly and deliberately, too worked up to think about what she was saying. "HOW can you side with them? You realize what they just did to you? How dare you talk about my people like that! I thought you were a nice person. I really did. How DARE YOU say that." Sarendara had never heard of such a direct confrontation of her people and such a willing accepting of a culture that hurt, killed, and tortured elves and innocents alike.

How could Windrunner come to such an opinion? Had she drunk something that made her act this way? A strong desire to hit Windrunner filled her. But, suddenly remember where she was, she stomped after the gnome without looking back at the elf, fuming. So caught up was she with disgust that she missed the Gnome's clear fearfulness of the "Orc chief".
Windrunner

Post by Windrunner »

To be honest, how angry Sarendara was at Windrunner did hurt her a bit. But at the same time, she couldn't bring herself to back down from this, why couldn't they understand that there was probably more to the orcs then what they saw? "Your people I have no problem with. I know what they did to me, but when such a hatred runs so deep, I'm not surprised. Would we really treat captured orcs that much differently? Certainly, some of them are terrible, but I don't believe the ones we are now prisoners of are the same way." Windrunner responded still using the elven tounge, a small tear going in her eye. Was this a hatred so deep logic could not even come close to convincing them? "It's quite possible that orcs are not all that similar, and the ones that we are now around are not much like the ones that wanted to eat us."
Last edited by Windrunner on Thu Sep 04, 2003 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

They couldn't see much in the tent. A cloud of steam hung thick throughout it. They could just see the big wooden tub that stood in the middle of the tent.

The Gnome appeared from their right, struggling with three long soft towels. "I hope the young misses don't mind sharing the tub. We only have one," his voice sounded muffled from behind the towels.
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Sarendara

Post by Sarendara »

Sarendara did not listen to Windrunner's words. She was too far ahead and too into her own thoughts. So enraged was she, that she blocked everything else out. Yet, when the single tub idea was presented, Sarendara quickly snapped back to reality, blushing. Other people seeing her... really seeing her bothered Sarendara. The idea of sharing a tub with someone she was not getting along with bothered Sarendara. Blushing even more, Sarendara looked at the ground. She felt dirty and disgusting and badly wanted to take a bath. But... perhaps going without one... no. She had to take one. It would be gross not to.

Sarendara looked around at her two companions, resolutely at Windrunner and then embarrassingly at Raevyn. "No... we don't mind," Sarendara heard herself say faintly. "Thank you." She paused slightly, wondering if Raevyn had anything ingenious she would like to ask the Gnome. "Do you have anything for us to wear when we get out?" Sarendara looked at the clothes they were in and sighed. She hoped there was something else. "Tell us, are you happy here?"
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The Gnome struggled to keep to towels from falling: "Master will get you clothes. He see to it."

Still precariously balancing the towels the Gnome replied to Sarendara's last question: "I happy here. master good man."
"- and so's Mister Motricé." Becca smiled wryly. "He's probably going to go - he's not set anything on fire for a few months, so he's got to be going through withdrawal by now." ~ Becca Acerbi
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

Taking a bath felt good to the dark elf. It was almost good enough to make her forget that she and the others we still being held captive. Windrunner had once again proven who gullible she was and the dark elf saw that as a future problem. just by running her mouth or beiung tricked into saying the wrong thing, Windy could potentially ruin everything.

Needless to say, Raevyn wasn't too concerned about that now. Instead just the feeling of being clean again worked wonders. She remained silent throughout it all. The dark elf preferred to keep her thoughts to herself for the time being.

When she was finished and wrapped in her towel she poked her head out of the tent momentarily to survey her environment. Her thoughts more clear, her plan was almost ready to put in place.

"You like it here you say," the dark elf said to the gnome. "Are you free to go as you wish?"
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Sarendara

Post by Sarendara »

Sarendara nodded and sighed at the Gnome's response, wondering if it was really true. She then took a bath, happy at getting off all the grime but embarrassed by the situation. Getting out as quickly as she could, Sarnedara accepted a towel and hastily wrapped it around herself.

Sarendara then turned and walked toward the Gnome and Raevyn quietly. The dark elf seemed to be good at making plans so she quietly waiting behind her companion, wondering when clean clothes would be given to her. Who is this master? Sarendara sighed in though and waited.
Windrunner

Post by Windrunner »

Windrunner, having not bathed in a while, went into the bath. If the others were right and these orcs were as they suspected, they sure took great pains to fake whatever they were faking, and what could they want from us? Kelrick already could have killed us easily had he the desire. Their incredible distrust of the orcs, on the other hand, didn't make much sense to them. Her thoughts kept wondering back to the, well, she didn't know exactly what it was. It probably wasn't a young orc, no species could change that much, but it didn't seem like a human either, or any other race she knew. Not that she would ask what the strange creature was, she didn't want to offend him after all. He seemed happy enough under the orcs, and Windrunner thought if the orcs were so terrible, the gnome would seem sadder. Finally finishing her bath, she slowly began wrapping her towel around her, taking care to ensure her warmth.
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The Gnome's eyes darkened: "I go as I please. Some places not good to go to."

Looking at their towels he added: "Master will soon with clothes."
Sarendara

Post by Sarendara »

After getting out of the bath, Sarendara's mind turned to what was currently going on. She shivered inside her towel and waiting for some clothes to come. Avoiding all eye contact with Windrunner, she asked the Gnome, "What places are not good to go? Do the orcs treat you well?"
Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The Gnome snorted: "Most Orcs are just like children. They need to be thaught manners. The master sais that their education is the problem. If they would be better educated and raised in another way they woudn't be so evil."

Subtly the Gnome had disregarded the question wich places where not good to go to by acting outraged...
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

The bump on the head seemed to be wearing off now, and the random bouts of kindness while bathing seemed to be over when the gnome had spoken. Raevyn thought as though she was having deja vu and amnesia at the same time. She swore she had forgotten this some time before. Not even her semi nudity could prevent the bitch in her from taking over.

"Now listen to me you snivelling little half witted gnome," the dark elf spouted with all her previous harshness. "I know what gnomes are. I saw one before. And for the love of the Mother you are even uglier than it was." Her towel started to come undone slightly, but it didn't phase her in the least. A quick readjustment and she was back on track.

"I am getting sick and tired of being her. I want to go.... NOW!!! Just because you and your boss have this nice bath for us does NOT make me forget that you had me in those damn smelly rags and now you have us walking around in these silly towels. Do I look like some TOWEL GIRL to you? "

Raevyn didn't give the poor little fella a chance to answer, as she answered for him. " No I do not!! I have people who care about me... ALOT. Like Theorn of the Emerald Guard. HE will make mincemeat out of you and the rest of this band of filth. And Kael too, If he were to see me half naked like this do you know what he would do??? Well besides trying to land me in bed?? He would fight till his very last breathe to make sure that not a single orc, man and especially little annoying gnomes like YOU are dead. "

She took a deep breath and continued her tirade. "Not to mention the most powerful merchant family in Gulanadur. If my family were to find out that I was kidnapped, you would have every assassin from Gulanadur after you. And trust me GNOME," said with all her derogatory savvy. "They are not the Emerald Guard, they will not stop until they return with your head on the end of a stick."

The dark elf started to sit down but quickly changed her mind. Naked or not she was getting the hell out of here. "Now like it or not. I am leaving this tent, and I am going to go to THAT tent over there," she said while pointing in the general direction of the tent that all the orcs seemed to avoid was. "And I am going to get our things and we are going to leave. So help me little gnome if you try to stop me I will choke you until your lil beady eyes pop out."

And with that, the highly upset dark elf marched off towards the opening of the tent. She looked at the gnome as if she was daring him to try to stop her. Saredara, Windrunner, you two can either come with me now, or stay."
Last edited by Raevyn D`Altamooriana on Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

Sarendara

Post by Sarendara »

Sarendara watched Raevyn's tirade with dismay. What had gotten into the dark elf? Yet, a small smile appeared on her lips, relieved that Raevyn was just the same as she had been before they had gotten captured. Stubborn... was that the right word? Sarendara shrugged, a faint pride gleaming from her eyes. Yet, she doubted that it would come to any good. But, perhaps they would get a peek at what was in the tent.

Suddenly looking down, Sarendara blushed and she felt her face turn bright red. She was in a towel.... what if it slipped? What if she lost it? Sarendara turned a deeper shade of red and carefully tucked it in. She would go with her friend, of course, but what would come of it? Sarendara could not guess. She was weaponless and there were only three of them. Shrugging and sighing, Sarendara mustered as outraged of a face as she could and stomped out quickly after Raevyn, towel and all.
Windrunner

Post by Windrunner »

Windrunner was certainly not pleased by Raevyn's outburst, though she did her best not to show it. There would be chances to escape, and she did not wish to leave without learning more of the orcs, and leave they probably would have to, either by exile or by running in fear. Whatever it was, being weaponless and armorless would certainly make it worse(Though she was not as bothered by the inadvertant semi-nudity as her comrades seemed to be.) And anything that orcs feared so much had to be something bad. But still, it seemed there was no way of avoiding it. Her lack of belief the orcs were as bad as they appeared had already angered Sarendara greatly, and if she stayed behind now, they might even think her a traitor using the opportunity to give the orcs information or something of the sort. Sighing, Windrunner followed after Raevyn and Sarendara, hoping that this would not lead to the deaths of the group.
Last edited by Windrunner on Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Windrunner's hesitation to leave bothered the dark elf slightly. Almost as much as her literally sticking up for the orcs that had captured and would've possibly killed them. Raevyn was going to keep an extra close eye on Windy now.

She is a spy... At least that's what the naturally untrusting dark lef thought. Raevyn looked over towards the tent they just exited to see if the gnome would try to stop them or not. "Quickly," Raevyn whispered in Elven. "We must hurry."

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

The Gnome began to crie when the threesome left the tent: "Please, dear misses, stay here! Don't go there! Even my master can not save you if you wander of to there and he does not come back in time! Please?"

The Gnome had followed them outside but the closer they got to the tent all other Orcs seemed to avoid the more slowly he began to walk. The Orcs around them looked at them, dressed in their towels and grinned. Lust burning in their eyes. One of them took a step forward, the others were pointing at them and talking to each other in their gutteral language; grinning.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

"Then you take us to where our things are this instant, and I will assure that your life is spared. I can not say the same for the others," Raevyn said as she turned around to answer the gnomes plea.

Sarendara

Post by Sarendara »

Sarendara blushed bright red when she saw the Orcs grinning. She stepped back from the orc that was approaching them and nearly hid behind Raevyn, forgetting all thought of being strong. When Raevyn turned around to speak to the Gnome, Sarendara breathed a sigh of relief. "Their stuff" might also have their clothes. The prospect seemed appealing to Sarendara and she looked at the Gnome expectantly. After all, the Gnome WAS supposed to listen to them. Sarendara nodded vigorously when Raevyn made her comment, still shying away from the Orcs around her.
Windrunner

Post by Windrunner »

Windrunner did not scare easily, but she had to feel a bit unnerved by the situation. The way the orcs were grinning and talking didn't seem that good, and the terror with which the, well, she didn't know what species their guide was, but whatever it was, it was afraid, and if they were so afraid, they would probably have something to be afraid of. Still, she knew that not believing the orcs were evil, combined with staying behind now was not a good idea for having the others trust her(Not that she thought they distrusted her already, but siding against them twice in a row would not be good, and if they did get back to the emerald guard barracks alive and well, she didn't want it to be with two of the group thinking her an orcish spy or something, so she went on, despite a sinking feeling that this would be her end.
Last edited by Windrunner on Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

When Sarendara jumped behind her, Raevyn kinda figured out why she did it. The staring orcs must have made her uncomfortable, and the dark elf couldn't figure out why she chose her to hide behind. She took one slide step to the left and continued.

"And you can tell your orcish friends to stop staring at us like that." Raevyn quickly thinking as always decided that the little gnome would indeed be helpful to them after all. But she wasn't going to be nice about it.

"You, come with us," she said. "And tell me everything that I wish to know. Things like who is in that tent. What are their plans? I am certain you know where we can get our things. Do this for me, and I will not have to kill you where you stand."

She then turned and pointed towards Windrunner and said," That one over there, she will know if you are lying to me. I do not like being lied to." Raevyn then gave the little gnome a very indignant pat on the head.
Last edited by Raevyn D`Altamooriana on Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elvin Motricé
Retired staff

Post by Elvin Motricé »

OOC: Windy would you be so kind to slightly edti your last post. From my point of view it looks like you are a bit of power-gaming. Rae only thought that you were a spy and your character accepts it as a fact :). If you write something like that be sure that there is no doubt about how much your character knows :).

IC:
The Gnome sobbed: "The master said he would get your equipment. He'll come back as soon as it is collected."

When Rae threathened the little fellow his attitude changed in an instant from helpless and sad to hostile. He hissed at Rae: "YOU should be gratefull that my master freed you and yet you ahve done nothing then shown hostility. I had expected more from an Emerald Guard. Don't you threathen me, Gakkasha, you might not like the situation you'll put yourself in."

The Orc had reached the three companions and grabbed Sarendara, grunting something in his gutteral language when he pulled the twoel of her and pulling him closer. He grinned, his foul stinking breath hitting Sarendara square in the face.
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Raevyn was a rash person, she knew that. She was young and naive, and all dark elves were that way as far as she knew. So she felt as if she had done nothing wrong, and couldn't figure out why little gnome had gotten so offended.

"Situation then, I do not like it now," the young elf started to say when suddenly an overzealous orc decided to unceremioniously free Sarendara from the constraints of her towel. Raevyn then shouted forgetting any apologogy she might have fought to say," That is what I am talking about!!"

Helping the nude Sarendara was a priority, but being right was Raevyn's first priority." See what I mean," she exclaimed at the top of her voice. "There is no reason for us as GUESTS to be treated like that. Now tell him to let her go this INSTANT."

"Nevermind," she said reluctantly. Raevyn needed a reason, any reason to kill an orc and this was it. Her thoughts came to her quickly, but her actions were even quicker. Raevyn without further hestitation stripped Windrunner of her towel and grasped it in both hands, and then threw it over the orcs head.

In a blink of an eye the angry dark elf was on it's back with her legs wrapped around it's waist and her arms around it's neck. She sqeezed with all the strength in her legs at it's ribs in hopes of preventing it from being able to breath. Raevyn had one hand on it's jaw the other on the top of it's head. She twisted her hands in opposite directions violently trying to break it's neck.

Windrunner

Post by Windrunner »

Windrunner was shocked by what just happened, there was no other way to say it. Any suspicions she had about the nature of these orcs had been dissolved by that one orc's actions. Stripping Sarendara of her towel like that was quite cruel, and defenitely not how they should be treated were the orcs kind. And then, her own towel had been taken off exposing her body, to be used to blind the orc. Still, Raevyn seemed to be handling it well, and she stood prepared to help if it turned out to be required, but it did not seem that it would be needed, so she turned to face the crowd, and hoped a bluff would come to her. "We are here as guests of your master. If anyone else tries something like that, they will suffer a far worse fate." She said angrily, hoping that for once, she could do a decent job of lying.
Sarendara

Post by Sarendara »

Sarendara bit her lip and accepted to towel from the gnome. She hastily wrapped it around herself and continued to look at the floor, unsure of what to do or say. She felt trapped, confused, and bewildered. She looked up when the human and gnome entered and noted the man's clearly annoyed countenance. She wondered if he was more annoyed by their behavior or the orcs.

Sarendara looked up and her eyes widened slightly when the man spoke. He seemed to not mind what they had done. She sighed, wondering what to say. But, instead of saying anything, bent down and opened the gray cloth on the floor. Uncomfortable at the lack of noise, she said, "Why do you try and... change them?"
Last edited by Sarendara on Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Le Bois Noire Archive”