As Time Goes By - A Time Jump for Rendia

Moderator: Mods

rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The young boy lifted his head, clearly an effort as the strain lines marked his face. "Anasis? Who is this Anasis you speak of. I see no one else around, and certainly that other woman never spoke so."

His head dropped back onto his makeshift pillow, his eyes looking straight up.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

"Lie still," Rendia mumbled, still uneasy. "Anasis is my goddess." She was getting shyer and this was getting harder. How was she supossed to seek his pain in the first place? She sat and waited for an answer from him, feeling rather lost. The only things she knew how to do didn't exactly involve seeking someone else's pain... smothering it and intensifying her own pain, but finding someone elses source of pain? This was so odd... and what had happened to his aura!? If he wasn't evil he must be a victim of something!
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The child was quiet at Rendia's comments, apparently chewing over what she had said.

Suddenly he turned his head to look at her, strain etched on the young face, "Who is this god Anasis, it is not a name I know.

"If she will help you, can you not ask her to help me?" For the first time, the voice was not full of arrogance, and perhaps a tremor of fear, or maybe hope, entered it.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia shivered. "She told me to try and help you," Rendia faltered. "I... I don't know how. Why are umm, you in a little, err boys body?" she couldn't believe the words tumbling out of her mouth.

Slowly, she released her fear of him, but not fear about what had happened to him. She trusted Anasis to protect her from whatever had been changed in him. It was a terrifying idea.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The childs face before her looked back incredulously.

"What childs body, I am 20 yaren of age, I told your master that. Why do you both continue to think of me as a child, I am nearly as old as you!" There was indignation in the voice, but also a hint of concern.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia made a great effort to remain calm, but her face remained blank.

Purposefully taking a deep breath and trying to make her face look worried for a little while, so that she would not be unapproachablly inhuman, she spoke softly. "Look at your hands. look at your body. Touch your face... there was a whole in your aura before you woke up..." Rendia's voice faltered into a whisper. She was afraid of this, but it would be alright if she obeyed Anasis...
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

A look of bewilderment crossed the childs face, "Me hands look normal to me," and taking his hands he felt his face, "and apart from the stuble of several days my face feels normal, and what do you mean, a hole in my aura?"

The child, or more precisely, the young man inside the childs body, was very confused. To himself he was unchanged to his usual apperance, or at least so it semed, and Rendia's talk of "auras" was confusing and frightening him.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia said nothing for half a minute. She did not fidget or stir or even blink.

Then, out of nowhere, she spoke, tripping over her first words as if they were difficult to say, "Well, you appear to be a boy speaking with a man's voice, and we do not understandthis any more then you do."

She did not know how to make it any more clear.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The child before her looked at her, confusion in his eyes, it appeared he did not distrust her comments, but was confused none the less.

"A childs body, but look at my hands and see my hands, those of a 20 yaren old," he held up his childs hands, rotating it as he looked at it.

"Perhaps you have a looking glass? Maybe I could see my face? Or a bowl of water to reflect my face for me?"
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia answered after a brief moment of thought, "I am supossed to stay here and watch you. It will have to wait. Whatever the case, you look like a child to me. You culdn't be more then... I have never been good with ages. But you do not appear to be a man."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The child before her pondered the information she had given him, and looking at Rendia spoke again, "I believe you, I sense that you are indeed telling the truth, and for some reason either you perceive me differently, or indeed I am different and I cannot see it myself.

"I must therefore conclude that your other outbursts are right as well. Tell me what you meant about a hole in my aura. What do you mean by my aura, and how is there a hole in it? These are terms I do not know." The child before her seemed concerned, and again that note of uncertainty had crept into his voice.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia didn't know what she was supossed to tell him! Were Naomi's teachings a secret of the Isle? If he did not know what an aura was, why did she have any right to explain it to him? She cursed her foolish mouth, almost as a side note, and then concentrated on what she was going to tell him.

She finally hesitated and asked, "Tell me, do you believe that all things have their own energy? Do you have a name for the life force that makes up all things? And living creatures?"

Knowing what his understanding was would allow her to determine how to best explain the theory of auras too him, and what would not be too alarming.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The child looked at Rendia, a small smile playing around his mouth, "I course I know that all life forms are composed of energy, it is their energy map which determines the qualities and makeup of all living things. In fact it is argued by scholars that all things, living and inanimate are actually composed of energy.

"The understanding, and control of these enegies is the basis of most magic.

"Does that answer your question?" It was a very sophisticated response from a child!
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia listened carefully and tried to remember this information for later. Then she realized she should be ashamed for questioning him like a child. She obediently lowered her head in shame, admitting her wrong doing before thinking. "Forgive my ignoranc, I have only barely begun, I have no place to speak." She was startled when she realized she had slipped back into the habits of a slave and sat up straight again, very uncomfortable and embarrassed. Should she take back her apology? Rendia gulped and felt like crying, but she had never been able to do that before and she couldn't now.

So she did what she always did when overwhelmed. She stared at the wall past the man's head and blanked out, buried everything, regained control because, she didn't feel remember? She was nothing anyways, why should she do this right? Slaves should never talk as if they know things. What was she thinking?

She was thinking that she was no longer a slave. Inwardly she rebeled against her habits, rebeled against what she had been taught for so long. She served Anasis now! She may be inept, but she was free now! She had to be. Later, she promised, she would allow herself to cry if she wanted to.

For now she struggled to continue her explanation. The pause might of been strange, yet Rendia still had not let any of that miniature struggle show through on her perfectly expressionless face. Abruptly she continued by syaing, "Well your aura, your energy of course, was blank, an empty hole, right before you woke up."
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The child before struggled to sit up, "Blank, as if there was no energies there." He gulped, an almost audible sound it was so strong.

"Are you sure. It wasn't black was it, just blank?" What could be the difference?
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia trembled slightly, suddenly gripped by fear. "It was a hole..." she whispered, "A black hole..." She suddenly didn't care if he was man or boy, he needed help that she did not know how to give. She didn't know what to do...
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The child before seemed to square up his shoulders at her reply. He looked at Rendia, a look of hope in his young eyes, as he replied to her frightened responce, "I must see for myself, please wait with me, watch over me as I enter a trance," his voice was firm, but a note of pleading had entered it.

He didn't wait for Rendia to reply, only hoping she would not flee, and closing his eyes, his features settled, and seemed to flicker for a moment, and maybe a fleeting glimpse of his true form showed, overlaying the visage of a young child, was the face of an attractive young man.

All was quiet ...
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia was curious, when the face appeared, she decided it would be a good thing to tell Naomi, and then she waited, nervous herself. What would he see? What would she see if she dared to look again? Rendia found that she could not. It was too much. She fell back on the strength that Anasis promised and was still as well.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The face of the child stirred, not as in woke up, but as in stirred, it seemed alive as if a battle for control between the child and young man within raged. The face eemed to shimmer between two different apparences, first young, then older again. This did not last for long, before the face settled back to that of a young child.

The childs eyes opened, a look of anguish on his face.

"I have been betrayed," he almost wailed. The look of anguish was replaced by an angry scowl, and his eye flashed with the anger.

"Someone has tampered with my energies," he nearly spat the last out. "Like a golem I have been imposed onto some other body. There is no other entity in this vessel of a body, but it is not mine own, or at least I don't think it is mine." He seemed to be rambling, talking aloud, maybe to Rendia but maybe not either.

His eyes refocused and he looked at Rendia again, "I need you help woman, will you help me?" Although there was aggression in his voice, it was not aimed at Rendia, it was aimed somewhere else, indeterminate.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia didn't care where the agression was aimed, she was throughly intimidated. Her spirit did summersaults falling over itself to hide, to protect itself. As a result, her face emptied of all life, no expression, staring at nothing exactly, not a muscle moved.

Then the right answer came to her, and she began to think clearly again. "My mistress... I know nothing, I don't think I could help you, but Naomi can, she's comming right back! Just wait for Naomi," she said softly, desperatly, afraid of this whole situation, entirely uncomfortable with everything happening. Even so, but she could not disobey Naomi's orders She did not flee. She sat. Anything that happened would be the will of those greater then her.

Seek his pain... Rendia started. Pleading, unsure emotions within her flooded her face in that instant. She was vulnerable once more. Tortured, she looked to the heavens, eyes full of distress. "But what can I do?" she exclaimed to the realm she could not fathom or see. "How do I do this!?"
Last edited by Gia as Rendia on Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The answer for Rendia was much closer at hand than she thought, and as she voiced her question the child answered, "I need you to join me in my trance, and to share your strength with me.

"I must over come the block placed on my aura as you term it. I will guide you, but you must accept the task, I cannot force it from you," the voice was calmer now, a note of pleading present in it.
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia shrank bakwards. "What will this do to me?" was the first thing she thought of. Would it hurt her? Would it drain her? Would it change her? Was this the will of Anasis? Was she capable of giving him this help? Rendia was full of hesitation. It sounded so unlike anything she thought she could do.
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

The childs eyes were locked on the ceiling as he spoke, "It will change you, as is the nature of using magic. But it will not harm you, and I would not drain you,even if I knew how.

"But the sum of the whole is always more powerful than the individual parts when magic is concerned. If you can see me on the etheric plane, then you indeed have some power yourself, and that with my own energy should be enough for what I have too do.

"So again I ask you, will you not help me?"
Gia as Rendia

Post by Gia as Rendia »

Rendia realized she could getno further help, he had explained everything there was to explain and it was simply a matter of belief. Did she believe Anasis was really using her, really wanted her to seek this man's pain, or did she not? Her face slowly took on it's mask again, but this mask had a calmness about it more then a blankness.

"I will help you. What must I do?"
rhoddin

Post by rhoddin »

"Follow me into a trance, you will see a pattern. Try and overlay energies from your aura to the pattern. Strengthen it, and bring it too life, for it is me."

Return to “Oracle's Isle archives (old)”