Browsing the Isle: Aden

Moderator: Mods

Browsing the Isle: Aden

Post by Guest »

Aden stepped away from the registration desk and toward the gate, not even bothering to conceal his wonder at the sights of the people milling around. Smells mingled in the air, mixing together as though pleasure incarnate had entered the air. He couldn't identify most of the scents, but somewhere he smelled sugar. A rare treat indeed, judging from his past experience.

Sighing with a newfound fondness for this place, and stepped into the milling crowd, making sure that his belongings were close at hand. He remembered when he had been robbed in Dort, feeling no desire to repeat the experience.

He began to look around, deciding that now was a good time to start his act up, or at least find a locale. He wanted to find a good spot, but wasn't sure what the definition of "good" was in that context. His eyes moved back and forth, hoping that something would pop out at him.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Aug 14, 2003 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

The sounds of merriment floated across the air with scents of fresh fruit and sweet breads. Without much warning Aden was faced with a topless elfess who was giggling and holding a glass of a bubbly pink liquid. Her arm languidly wrapped around his neck and she placed a kiss upon his lips, her full pouty mouth enveloping his and leaving a taste of sugar in it's wake. Pulling back her bright blue eyes gazed up at him. "Why hello stranger, you are unfamiliar to these parts to me." She smiled took another sip of her drink with her free hand, her other never leaving his neck where she twirled her fingers through a lock of Aden's hair. Her own hair was light blond and glittered in the sunlight as she waited for him to introduce himself.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

A deep blush spread onto Aden's cheeks. The kiss was sweet, but the sweetness was marred by a tinge of embarrassment for the topless elfess. Perhaps some of the rumors he had heard were indeed true. The blue eyes and golden hair drew him in, but he pulled his gaze away, and then away again once he realized where his gaze had fallen.

"Well... erm... my name is Aden." he said trying his best to look towards the sky, while shuffling his feet and succeeding only in looking ungainly and uncomfortable. "You are quite right. I am new here, just arrived from Dort."

He looked again at the blue eyes and was charmed.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Dort? Aden of Dort." The words fell from her supple lips and washed through the wind. "Well then Aden of Dort you must join us in the preparations for the great feast that shall be coming in the next days." Her eyes shined as she looked into Aden's. "Pan will shower us in his treasures." Her voice was alight with excitement. "My name is Kalina. Kalina of Pan's Isle." A giggle escaped. A chemise was tossed to her from a near-by elfess and she threw it on, however it was quite sheer and did little to cover her up. The skirt she wore was a similar pink to the top she now adorned, though it was thicker and not translucent. Her feet were bare except for a few rings and some anklets made of flowers. The same blooms adorned her hair which hung in loose ringlets of gold. "Did you come here just for the feast or shall you stay longer?" She asked inquisitively.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

"I plan to stay here for quite a while," Aden said as his blush faded a little. "But a feast sounds good about now, Kalina." His stomach grumbled as if on cue. "Although I've never heard of Pan, except in stories, of course, I'd be delighted to help with whatever you are planning."

He shot a smile at the elfess, her golden hair strangely drawing his eyes and filling him with awe, much as everything else did on this island.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Then I shall have to teach you the ways of our great Father Pan." She said as her bubbly laughter spilled outwards towards his ear as she drew close to him and placed a kiss upon his earlobe, where she lingered for a flicker. "His stories do him little justice." She whispered seductively and playfully for him alone to hear. "You shall hear of his greatness from me and all who worship him. If you know little of Pan then who do you call upon for guidance?" She asked. Kalina was one of the few Panlings who knew of other religions.

Post by Guest »

Aden closed his eyes and breathed deeply as the elf leaned in close to him, smelling the sweet scent that stuck to her. Her voice was like a dream that he didn't wish to wake from. He momentarily cursed his inexperience with matters of the world, but recovered and opened his eyes as he saw the elfess looking at him.

"I have no religion, all that I hold dear is either behind my back or in my arms," he gestured to his belongings as his eyes lost their spark and became bitter momentarily. "The Divine has much to answer for, in my opinion."

His dark eyebrows furrowed as he frowned as though remembering some private pain. After a few seconds, he recovered some measure of his former cheer, "But I'm open to most experiences. My whole life I've been overly sheltered, and I guess I'm trying to compensate."
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"If you are looking for new experiences Pan's Isle is a wonderous place to learn." Her voice oozed out. "Come to the glade with me and let me be your teacher Aden." She said taking one of his hands within her own as she lead him from the street towards a small path leading to the woods. Once alone she took a final sip from the long stemmed glass before offering it to Aden and sitting on the soft mossy ground that was comforting to travel worn feet. The pink liquid bubbled slightly as the last sip rested at the bottom of the glass. "Come, sit, enjoy the playground of Pan."

Post by Guest »

Aden looked around a little before sitting in the moist grass. Once he was seated, he set his things down next to him and glanced at the offered drink. The pink liquid looked oddly inviting, almost as inviting as the partially parted lips of the elfess who offered it.

With a sigh, Aden closed his eyes and threw caution into the wind. He finished what remained of the liquid, feeling oddly trusting. He was aware that he could be poisoned, drugged, or killed in a variety of ways.

In this moment, however, he couldn't seem to find a care in the world.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"You fear what you do not yet understand. Come, do not have any mistrust against me my quiet Aden." Taking his shirt collar into one of her dainty hands she pulled him close to her and kissed him on the lips. Hot kisses left a trail of fire across his jawline and down his neck as she slowly unfastened the ties of his cloak. "You humans wear so much clothes." Kalina bit her lip and concentrated her efforts on his multi-layered attire. Freeing him from the green robe she set it down gently upon his satchel and moved on to assisting him in getting off his undershirt. Every so often she gently placed another kiss upon him.

Post by Guest »

OOC: "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me. Aren't you?" -The Graduate

:oops:

BIC:

Aden felt oddly stupefied and lost in the moment, the soft kisses pushing away any of his doubts, as the elfess began to remove his clothing. He wasn't sure how to react, having never experienced this strange mixture of feelings before. As she leaned close he ran his rough fingers through her golden hair, feeling like he was somehow tainting its beauty with his ruggedness. He dropped his hand

"I... suppose we humans don't like the feeling of... well... being naked, Karina," he stammered as she lifted his undershirt off. His blush deepened as she drew closer to the edge of nakedness.

He felt suddenly uncomfortable, and not even Karina's kisses were alleviating all of the strange twistings of his heart. He started to pull himself away from the elfess, trying to evade her soft lips and ignore her soft eyes, and the sweet smell that was somehow extremely alluring to him.

"No... I... well, I can't do this..." he whispered as he moved away, reaching for his clothing.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Aug 17, 2003 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

"Aden you told me you wanted to learn... to see of our ways. Your mind is still too cautious from the ways of the merchants and farmers. Do not let the peoples of Dort prevent you from being as we are. Pan seeks more friends and followers to guide under his presence." Her voice was quiet and meant for Decky's ears alone. "You are still unused to the human body so much so because the men and women of your land cover their natural beauty with bulky clothes." Deftly in only flickers she removed the last of her clothing, standing before Aden disrobed her body was perfection. Small freckles danced across her soft white skin. Her nether area soft with dark down. Kneeling on the soft earth she was at his level once again.

Her hand brushed past his rugged exterior and touched something softer within him, a needing to be with her. A wanting to feel the supple skin she displayed for him. Her eyes glittered with excitement and passion as her lips were whispers on his lips, barely touching his and waiting for him to join her in what was naturally called 'Pan's Joy'. With motions that were hardly felt she undid the laces of his breeches readying him to be displayed to the trees and bird in their secluded sanctuary.

Post by Guest »

Aden was twitterpated at the sudden nakedness of Karina. The sight of her body made his mind go blank, as he forgot what his purpose for leaving had ever been. Her body was perfect, and although he fought to be polite and look away, his eyes were drawn to her as though by some mystical force. His eyes drank the sight in as though it was sweet nectar.

"I... well... I..." he stammered, unable to find words to answer her.

He felt her soft kisses brush against him like butterfly wings, and his hands reached out to touch her. Aden could barely feel motions at his waist, and he began to stand up, feeling a brush of air as his breeches fell. He looked down and stepped out of them, and looked inquisitively at the elfess, as though uncertain how to proceed.

Somewhere within him, a primal force awoke and he reached forward, seeking Karina's lips with his own.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Aug 18, 2003 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

The elfess took Aden's hands in her own and lead him down upon the soft grass that cushioned their movements. Her fingers traced idle patters upon his chest as she laid him out flat upon his back. O'Duran was fragile and an easy target like this. He was vulnerable but that feeling of aloneness that usually accompanied it was not present, rather there was a new energy coursing through his veins. As her hot kisses trailed downward from his collarbone to his abdomin the raw energy filled the air around them. Pulling herself ontop of him Kalina rested her legs on either side of his midsection and once again her soft lips melded with his. Just as it seemed like she would allow Decky to be with her in the sweetest of embraces she reached beyong him while he was lost in her kiss. Grabbing hold of a dagger that was illusively hidden within the folds of her skirt she held it to his throat.

"Give me all your money and everything that is valuable you own." Her voice was still sweet as honey as she made her demands.
Last edited by Ashari on Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Aden stared, his jaw agape. Some small part of him whispered I told you so... softly, as the rest of him simply listened to the elfess in shock.

He couldn't believe it. Only burns had been spent on the island, and already he was already at knifepoint. Somehow, this didn't seem like the start of a very good stay. He cursed himself silently for being a fool. The choruses of doubt whispered their chant softly.

"Karina?" his voice held fear and anger. "Put the dagger down. Then maybe we can discuss... an alternate ending, with alternate weapons."

As he said it, he started to move himself backwards, trying to get out from underneath the cunning elfess, trying to reach for something, anything that he could use to defend himself.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Karina looked at him questioningly. "Your kidding right? I'm holding a knife to your neck and you want to squirm away to 'discuss' what we should do? I think what you should do is very clear. Give me your money and I will be on my way." As Aden tried to reach something to use as a weapon he found the meadow to be alarmingly desolate of foreign objects, and as it was his pack was too far for him to grab. "Maybe if you had seemed like you actually wanted to be with me rather than a deer caught in a snare I might have not done this..." She said moving the blade menacingly the glare from the sun played across her face and lighted her smile. "So, shall I chop of your pretty little head or will you just give me the coins?"

Post by Guest »

Aden nodded sullenly. His mind tried to find a way out of the situation, but encountered stumbling blocks at every turn.

"Fine. Take them," his green eyes flared. He had never been in any situation like this, and he damned himself for not considering it beforehand.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Kalina looked disapointed. "That's it? You are just going to give me your money? That's no fun..." Slowly she crawled off of him and tossed his breeches at his groin. "Cover yourself up before you catch cold." She said rather glumly. Cutting the heads off of flowers that were growing near her she pulled on her skirt in a flash and had the shirt on just as quickly, Aden was still fussing with his pants. Sitting with her legs crossed she pawed through O'Duran's bag and found nothing particularly interesting. With ease she pulled out the cards and began looking through them distractidly. Her actions were more like a raccoon prying through garbage than a girl looking through a bag. "Don't come near me, I still have my blade within easy grasp." She said cooly.

Post by Guest »

Aden slowly pulled on the breeches thrown at him. He watched the elfess look through his belongings. Everything that he owned in the world sat there, ready to be taken, and he was powerless to stop it. He stood up, watching Karina's actions with wonder. She was tearing through the old cards rapidly. He didn't know what she was looking for.

"Those cards. They were given to me by my father. I'm rather good with them... would you like to see?" he offered, hoping against hope that her apparent instability might give him some kind of advantage.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Karina looked at the shirtless man before her and smiled at the offer. "Fine, alright. Show me this great prowess." She handed the deck over to Aden.

Post by Guest »

Aden leaned forward and took the deck from her calmly, hoping that he bore some small measure of charm that would prevent her from chopping off his head should he make a mistake.

He felt the smoothness of the old cards in his hands, sliding them past each other effortlessly as he sat down and shuffled them upon his leg. He watched their simple dance carefully, lest one fall and he be found lacking.

He made eye contact with Karina and smiled what he hoped was a charming smile, spreading the deck before her face down.

"Pick a card. Any card," he said, a familiar spark lighting within his eyes.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

Karina quickly pulls a card from the deck. "Can I look at it?" She asks sweetly, the innocence of a child in her voice. Her personality flipped back and forth between being a maniacle murderer to a cute girl who was exuberant and fun.

Post by Guest »

"Of course you can," Aden said, trying to keep his charming smile in place. "Make sure you memorize what it looks like."

He couldn't help but feel bad for Karina's apparent mental troubles, but he did his best not to let it show, and he spoke to her, almost involuntarily, as though she were a child.

"Now, once you've memorized it, give it back to me, and let me put it into the deck," he said, his eyes preparing for the difficult part of the trick.
Ashari

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Standard card deck of hearts, spades, clubs, and diamonds or something more medieval? Medieval sets often had arrows, acorns, leaves, and.. well, the last is alluding me at the moment, but whatever you choose is fine. :wink:

IC:
Karina scrutinized the card before her memorizing every single bit, from the color to the shape and number. Sufficiently satisfied she put the card face down and allowed Aden to remove it from her grasp. His slight condescending tone was not lost on her, though Karina put it aside to better focus on the trick that she was about to witness. Biting her lip and pulling her knees up to her chest she watched apprehensively to see what he would do.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Since the setting is fairly medieval, I will assume that we're using one of those types of decks

BIC:
Aden took the card back, remembering its position in the deck carefully, as he shuffled. His eyes softened, remembering Decky the Magnificent, and how he had wowed his parents with his skill. He could only hope that he could similarly deceive Karina. First, however, he needed to distract her attention from the cards.

Looking around, he tried to draw her attention with his eyes, stretching his hand above his face, and gesturing skyward. His voice was filled with genuine pleasure as he spoke, "This island is beautiful, isn't it Karina. The trees, the sky, the smells. I think I could be happy here."

As he looked at her intently, trying to persuade her eyes away from the deck, even daring to pray inwardly to this god Pan, of which Karina had spoken. He hoped that the mischievous god might decide to help him keep his belongings at least for this night.

As he continued to go on about how beautiful the isle was, he used his free hand to send the card he had monitored carefully onto the top of the deck, wishing he had his robe on, where he could have hid the card and made the move more elaborate. Nonetheless, he slowly stopped talking, lowering his arm, trying to draw her attention once more to the deck. He made an elaborate flourish and held the deck up once more, shuffling it once, casually, keeping the top card in position.

Revealing the top card, he finished his internal prayer and hoped for the best. Lifting the card, he winced involuntarily as he held it up for Karina to see. "Is this your card?" he asked, inhaling sharply, and waiting for either approval or stabbing. Whichever came first.

Return to “On the Road Archive”