Reading - Samheen 10th

Moderator: Mods

Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Reading - Samheen 10th

Post by Ashtallion Urdil »

Asht sat in the library, one hand on his forehead, the other fingering at the corner of an already slightly yellowed book, the leather binding long since worn away. The musky, ancient stench that seeped from the pages was reassuring, comforting in an odd way. His slender elven fingers turned a page over, a new chapter....... Hierarchy of Demons: Underlings

Ashtallion had stumbled over the book by chance, a passing glance having noticed it fortunately, and decided to do a bit of extra reading on the subject. He barely tore his gaze away from the book as his eyes roamed line after line, devouring the words as he read them.
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

His eyes had begun to sting slightly, but he ignored the sensation for now, wishing to continue his reading. His interest in the subject had grown considerably since starting to read the book, however the dark references made in the book lay heavy on his mind. The thought of confronting one of these creatures was beyond his comprehension at present..... but the reality of it, may one day come.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Post by Fauna Winthrope »

Fauna silently entered the library, bringing with her her vellums and notes from her pasts lectures with Professor Tarrant. She wanted to review all of them again and do some researching of her own as well, probably about using magics in instant travel.

This was her first time that she had visited the University Library and she was quite exhilirated by what she saw. Piles and piles of books were scattered neatly on the shelves. It was... Paradise for her.

Containing her girlish glee, Fauna breathed in the musty smell of old books and decaying parchments. It was the fragrant that she so loved well.

But then, she caught sight of someone familiar. Fauna smiled and walked closer, letting the person know that someone is with him.

"Good morrow, Asht." Fauna whispered silently. "How fares your reading? I do hope I am not intruding you." She smiled pleasantly, showing her dimples and hugged her notes closer to herself.
"Cruelty has a Human Heart,
Jealousy a Human Face,
Terror the Human Form Divine,
and Secrecy the Human Dress."

-- William Blake
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Looking up, the elf smiled in return..... " I am well Fauna, good to see you again. My reading fairs sound enough.... interesting topic that it is.... ", he gestured to the seat opposite him, " Please, sit down, the gods know I could enjoy the company. ", shifting his own papers from the space infront, he moved them to his left, piling them neatly. " So what are you in to read? Myself...... ", he held the book up so that she could see the cover...... Demons: A Guide to prevent their workings., he raised a finger to his lips, " Though I doubt I should be reading such an artifact.... he simpered slighly, waiting for her response.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Fauna nodded and took the seat, gracefully laid down her noted and vellums.

"That is good to hear that you are well, Asht." She replied, flipping back an offending lock of hair. "I'm just about to study my past notes," she smiled in return and gesturing to her notes. "And would like to research about teleportation. Professor Tarrant and I had discussed certain issues regarding about it, there are things that I disagreed about it, probably because of my lack of knowledge. I wanna be better prepeared if we someday talked about it."

Fauna gave Asht and the book a very curious glance. "That is such an interesting reading. Defense against Demons, it is better to be prepaired and knowledgable against such foul and miscreant beings. What set you off to such an... interesting topic?" Fauna asked him, as she leaned closer to the table.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" There wasn't an interest until I picked the book up...... I stumbled across it whilst looking for something else. ", Asht shrugged slightly. " Yes, being prepared never hurts, though I doubt I'll come across such a fell creature for quite some time, if ever.... the rarity of it... ", flicking the page. " Teleportation you said? Something more useful no doubt than what I be reading.... "
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Her small silvery peals of laughter ehoed around them.

"Oh. it is not so," Fauna beamed, "That discussion began when
professor Tarrant and I were travesing through the woods last Samheen 8th. I merely voiced out my opinion that we should have used the corridors and byways of Magic in going to our destination and he said that it was not possible since our body cannot bear the energies that will be used for it."

She paused as if recalling her conversation. "I'm not really sure myself, but I disagreed about the issue. Did you know that we have a Portal for such magic right here in our University? Well, if we could lessen the essence used for it, we may, as an individual Mages... or BattleMages can use it without going to the Portal. It needs a lot of researching, but then that's why I'm here... To learn about such things."

"It's really interesting. I'm really sure my theory is correct and sound though. Imagine what we can do with such knowledge. It'll be like a leap for us Wizards, don't you think?"

Fauna stopped for a beat and gave Asht a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry, I must be blabbering such senseless topic."
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" Hardly, its a change from what I am studying.... ", he closed the book on demons, and set it aside, but making a vivid mental note of the book, so that he could return to it afterwards. Placing it down, he then looked at Fauna, " Would you like some help with the research..... whilst its not my expertise.... I don't mind giving a second opinion on the matter... "
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Fauna blushed and she gave him a very sheepish smile.

"I'm not really sure about it yet, Asht." She murmured as she fidgeted with her fingers. "It's all theories and speculations yet, it isn't sound and my foundation isn't all that set yet."

But her eyes kindled with the passion for learning and magic, "But I'll be more than glad to get your opinion on it..."

She opened her purse and rummaged through it and took a parchment and her ink and pink hued quill.

"So... Professor Tarrant said that your mind is like... erm... it has connections on the way you cast your spell or manipulate energy. For you Asht, how do you percieve energy and how will you use it and break it down to go through the corridors or byways of magic to instantly go wherever you want?"
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

As Fauna waited for Asht to reply, she made a quick glance around the library, as looking for someone and with a suspicious look, she leaned very close to Asht and whispered very quietly.

"Have you heard the strange gossips that's been running around the Campus? It's really confusing, something about a new headmaster and blood magic and fortune telling. I don't know what to think of it since I've only arrived here at the University 4 days ago."
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

He smiled. " These ears don't miss much...... yes I have heard of it, but pay it little heed, save for this buisness of a new headmaster....... ", he then frowned, " And of course the blood magic......... this fortune teller, most likely a heretic of some kind, playing on people beliefs... ", facing her fully. " But to answer your question, I percieve magic as, well... threads... of various colour, in simplistic terms, I grab them and weave them together, different colours represent different forms of magic, as you no doubt know yourself Fauna."

" I suppose the only way I could 'break it down', is, that by using the correct threads, the correct forms of magic, and weaving them about myself..... ", he frowned once more. " But it would depend if the physical body could handle the stress of what such magic would cause, the energies produced.... unpredictable at best. "
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

She smiled at the mention of his ears, her dimples showing.

But she frowned when he mentioned about the new headmaster.

"You mean, the... erm..." she was a little uncomfortable saying the next word. "our blind.." Fauna said the word blind as silently as possible.

"...BattleMage General isn't our headmaster now? How come? and who's going to be the new one? And what about the Blood-Magic? I think this is my first time to hear about those... Magic's very different in Amun-Rah so kindly excuse my ineptitude."

"That's very interesting..." Fauna murmured as she scribbled Asht's answer to a piece of scroll with her pink quill. It is to note that a waft of perfume lingers upon the air and Asht noticed that it was coming from the ink. It was scented.

"Professor Tarrant's perspective or view on the arcane energies is as same as yours, Asht. So... Teleportation will vary depending upon the caster then Asht?" She stopped and rummaged through her notes.

"Well for one thing, all people are unique, for me, I see the energies in many different ways... Sound, sense of feeling, sight, smell and even taste... So what we need is a universal way to use it... Without using the Portal of course. Maybe that's just it, I would really love to see the Portal we have here at the University. It would be really interesting and great to study it." She beamed at him excitedly.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" Yes very much so.... every mage will view the energy they manipulate differently, even if it is very slight... and it may also be the case that a certain mage cannot percieve how to bind the required energies. ", he shrugged slightly. " This is all just my opinion, something such as this would need to be tested, and not for some time..... ", at the mention of the blood magic, Asht frowned. " Yes, disturbing to say the least, though I doubt whoever is using such power here will be able to conceal their efforts for much longer, the mages here know what they're doing.... "

" I can't see us getting very near the portal, not without supervision from one of the teachers anyway.... but tis something to consider in the future, you know the portal is here and I doubt it will be going anywhere. "
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

"Yes," Fauna murmured. "You're quite right about the Portal being here forever." She nodded.

She shuffled all her notes and piled them neatly and stoppered her ink. "I think that's about it for my research. I'll probably look for further readings here at the library concerning such studies. Probably a small thesis is knocking around here, somewhere." She looked around the whole expanse of the library.

Fauna shivered at the realization that someone, here at the University, a student OR a teacher might be using dark, blood magic.

She paused for a few minutes.

"Uhm, Asht..." she began. "May I ask you something? I mean, this may sound very starnge for you or not..."

She fumbled for the right words as she frowned.

"Well, I need to practice my Medidation and centering. And I was hoping..." She paused again... Feeling uncomfortable that Asht would say no... "I was hoping that if you aren't busy, would you like to be my study partner. It's really dangerous manipulating and meditating into the energies alone, I really don't know anybody here yet and I was hoping..." She trailed off and gave Asht a hopeful glance.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" Fauna, you needn't ask twice.... ", he blushed slighly himself. " I also know very few people here, so we are in the same situation. ", standing, Asht looked down to her. " Come, we'll go for a walk if you like? You can tell me a little more about yourself on the way. How does that sound? ", he had to admit to himself, he was enjoying the fact he had someone to hold a conversation with, spending the majority of your time on your own was beginning to grow tedious.
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

It was then that Fauna really blushed. There had been a miscommunication somewhere.

She stood and tried to fix her blod mane.

"Uhm, Asht. This is really embarrasing, but I was hoping we could, um... Schedule it first. Its not actually right away or something, maybe after a day or so? Is that ok with you? My schedule's kinda tight this day."

She gave him a very sheepish smile.

"Maybe we could post on the board or something... You kow, for other interested students who would like to join. Well, what do you think?"
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

" By all means.... I suppose I really should do some extra reading as it stands.... ", he tried not to look meek. " When suits you then? Let me know and I'll pin something up on the notice board. "
Fauna Winthrope
Student of Magick

Fauna really felt ackward for denying Asht the company, but her schedules really tight so she can't do anything about it.

Besides, she liked Asht. Well, as a friend, she thought. He's intelligent and easy to talk with.

"I'm really sorry Asht. How about the Twelfth of Samheenth? Around, say... E'eningTride? Would that be alright? We'll use the Manipulation Room for practice?"

She sighed, feeling very sorry that she'll leave Asht alone again.

"I really have to go Asht, I'm really sorry." She leaned closer, ackwardly at first and then feeling much brave, gave Asht a chaste kiss on the cheek. "We'll talk on the date." She blushed. It wasn't really a date, but she feared that Asht might view it as such.

She smiled at him and turned as she walked out of the room, and out of the campus, her eyes twinkling with zeal like passion as she heads towards a shop named Audrey's.
Last edited by Fauna Winthrope on Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jealousy a Human Face,

-- William Blake
Ashtallion Urdil
Battle Mage

Bowing his head slightly, he watched Fauna as she left. He turned back to the desk he had been sitting at and picked up the book he had placed aside. Thinking for a while, he placed the book back where he found it, making a mental note as to where it was.

Tapping it one last time, he turned from the book case and walked out of the library.

Return to “University of Magicks Archive”