All This & More: Dorian Drake - Samheen 10

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

"I love you, Maranda, my wife," he said, his own voice deep and husky, kissing her back. She was a delight; smarter than he was, able to think and plan, gentle and caring, helpmeet and companion, and now, passion itself. He held her close, letting the world go away from his thoughts until all that was left was love and joy.

He worshipped her body with his lips and hands, and held her close. Making love to Maranda, that was the finest pleasure in the world. He shivered as her hands quested over his body, knowing she owned him, with a far greater authority than if she held his seal-skin. He belonged to her, but she also belonged to him, and they were two halves that made up more than a whole together.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Outside, the sun continued its descent below the horizon, the blue sky darkening to deep purple and then a velvety midnight blue strewn with stars that glittered like diamonds. The easy sounds of waves lapping up on the shore combined with the dying sounds of birds settling in for the night.

Oblivious to the outside world, Maranda joined with her husband in a dance of intimacy as old as Tazlure. Each time was different, special. But each time she was alway much aware of the ties that bound her to her precious husband. It was a sensation she reveled in, belonging to him and he to her. Isolated as they were, she felt no need to subdue her moans of passion as her lover and friend stirred the fires within her, bringing her to the heights of pleasure. once again. The only happier place was to hear his response as he released and to feel his passion flood her with life.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

Dorian brushed her forehead with a soft kiss, then the bridge of her nose, each cheek, rosy even in the dimming firelight of the untended cookfire, and then devoted his attention to her lovely lips. To hear the sweet sounds of pleasure that Maranda uttered, when her body strove to join with his, was the best music one could ask for, better than the waves on the rock, better than the singing of the selkies.

"Ah, my love," he murmured, gathering her in his arms as they lay side by side. "You have me, heart and soul." He kissed her again, and then let her settle where she willed. The sun was setting; that was the end of his day. But he would do as she asked. "Do you wish to swim now ? There's a bit of a moon should be rising....if that storm's not upon us."
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

"As you do me m'love," she murmured contended and happy as she settled in his embrace. "Heart and soul, I couldn't be happier and thank the gods every day that I threw dishwater on ya," she chuckled softly.

"But don't feel much like swimmin' now," she purred and laid her cheek against his chest. "Dorian, tell me more about yer papa... Mr Drake. What kinda man was he? What d'ya remember most about him?" Surrounded by the arms of the man she loved was her favorite place to be and swimming would wait for another day, another time. These moments helped her feel connected to this man, so different from herself and yet so wonderfully part of her life now.
[color=hotpink][i]The secret of success is sincerity. Once you can fake that you've got it made.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

He brushed her brow with a kiss, and settled back to mull this over. Nate Drake had raised him, as his own son, and Dorian had only scattered memories of a time before that. And those memories were of blue water, deep, full of seals, and the songs of Selkies. "He was a strong man. He worked each day up until the end. I never knew how old he was, but he was grey when I knew him. I remember the silence; he didn't say a lot, but what he said, it had meaning to it, a wisdom. I remember him teaching me to weave lobster traps out of reeds and splits of wood, with wire and cord. I remember him trying to chase me down to get me to wear clothes....I never did get used to clothes that much. He taught me this language. He taught me how to fish...."

Dorian chuckled, for he had known how to fish....just not how to fish when he was on two legs. "How to mend nets, how to cast them. He taught me how to hunt the deep waters....I was afraid to go there, only with him would I go there. Until now. Now that I understand why I am afraid of them, and what happened...a bit....It's not so hard."

That was a lot of talking for Dorian, who had picked up Nate Drake's taciturn ways. There was more to it, but he could not put it into words; how you make sure to throw back the fingerlings and a couple older fish, so that they would breed and there would be fish next year. How you didn't charge too much for your fish, so that you had customers who could afford to buy from you later on. How you treated everyone fairly in all things, and used every tiny bit of string, every nail you smashed straight with a rock, everything. How you hoarded money against the bad times, and how you worked every day the Gods sent. That was more philosophy than Dorian was accustomed to handling, in one go, for his strong points were not his thinking apparatus.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Listening quietly, she closed her eyes and let the tone of her husband's voice fill her along with the steady rhythm of his heartbeat thrumming in the ear pressed to his chest. It was a pleasant sound that she could listen to forever she thought. When he'd finished, she sighed softly.

"Sounds like a wonderful man," she replied softly opening her eyes and looking up into Dorian's deep blue one.

"Did ya never play? Other than running about without yer clothes that is," she chuckled softly. "Were there no other kids about ta play with? No games or amusements?" While she'd never heard Dorian talk about anything remotely like that, she found it hard to imagine. There hadn't been many neighbor children when she grew up, but she had her brothers and they had chased one another, ran through the woods, swam in the pond, fished and other childhood past times. It sounded as if Dorian had spent his childhood... learning to work.

"What did ya do for fun?" she asked softly. "What did Mr Drake do for fun?"
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

Dorian mulled this over for a while as well. Fun ? Fishing was fun. Swimming was fun. Other children...he was more used to seals, and there were none, and the children didn't speak his language. It had taken a long time to learn this tongue, but he now had more fluency in than his own first speech. Old Nate Drake had kept to himself....and probably because a little naked boy spouting the Selkie tongue and spending more time in the water, than out of it, would upset the superstitious and staid fisherfolk.

And Dorian wasn't the sort that minded the silence, or the lack of companionship. Two valuable assets for a fisherman.

But that begged another question; it said that Nate Drake had known what Dorian was, and that made him wonder again where his skin might be....somewhere in the shack ? Being held in a safe place by someone else ? A selkie's skin, the holder had power over that Selkie. Dorian had been out of his skin for a long time, but he knew that much.

"He had to keep me away from the other children, because he was worried about what might happen if I was too strange." Dorian said slowly, having thought it out in his painstaking way. "I didn't speak the common tongue. But...I didn't mind. I was still happy."
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Listening intently, her breathing deep and slow as she allowed that state of peaceful relaxation that came after intimacy over take her, she tightened her arms around Dorian a bit.

"I suppose you runnin' and playin' tag with other kids on the land wouldn't seem right some how," she smiled and kissed him softly. "Doesn't matter. I'm glad for all Mr Drake did for I love ya Dorian, just like ya are," she smiled and nestled her cheek against his chest again as the wood in the fire shifted, sending a small flurry of sparks up accompanied by the soft crackle of the flames.

Outside, the wanning light had completely disappeared, the approaching wall of clouds eliminating the twinkling lights in the inky black of the sky overhead. It was quiet other than the sound of the wind blowing in off the lake and the soft lapping of the waves coming up on the shore.
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Post by Guest »

Dorian mulled this over. Old Drake had been his father, had raised him to be a man, had taught him his trade and given him his start in life. For that, he would forever be Dorian Drake. He kissed Maranda's hair and settled in with her to sleep, for when the sun set, his day was done. The storm might be a rough one, but they had weathered rough storms before.

For certain there was mischief afoot in the town, and trouble coming, but common folk could only do what they could. He was not the sort to fret over what he didn't understand, he just worked hard to do what he thought was right.

He slept, the deep dreamless rest of a long day worked hard, Maranda in his arms.
Shaeliana
Retired Game Designer

Post by Shaeliana »

Skilled :)
- Andolin
[/i][/color]

Return to “On the Water Archive”