Storm on the seven seas(Dort: Stormrunner)

Moderator: Mods

Anarie Laezuriel

Post by Anarie Laezuriel »

Anarie put a comforting hand on her cousin's cheek. "Tis alright cousin mine . . . there is nothing we can do to give him back his Stormrunner. We can only take care of the dear Captain as he is now." She snorted when Mio asked her if the Captain was heavy. "He feels pretty heavy to me."
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Mio laughed, 'Well cousin, maybe he won't be so heavy if we both try and lift him.' she smiled at her friend and turned back to her horse. Putting her hand gently on Gwiryan's back, she made a soft clicking noise between her teeth; The command for him to kneel. She pushed against the horse's silky coat slightly to remind him of the signal. It wasn't one they used often, and Mio hoped that Gwiryan hadn't forgotten.
Meridiuz
The Webmaster & Game Designer

Post by Meridiuz »

OOC: argh! exams got the better of me. But they are over now! ;)

Captain Gilmur kept staring at the sea while the two elvish girls spoke to him. His mind seemed to be markers away. Yet as they offered their apologies for losing his ship, a tear ran down his cheek. Swallowing hard, not only because of the dry throat, he finally looked up at the girls.

" 'tis I who should apologize. A Captain is always responsible for his ship and his passengers. I am very sorry I have put you in this situation. But alas, it cannot be undone."

Gwiryan remembered the signal, for he had been trained well. He knelt softly, right in front of the captain. As Mio and Anarie tried to pull up the captain together, he was able to help them along himself. With the last strength he had left he supported on the cousins and managed to get onto the horse's back.

"I do not know for how much longer I can stay awake, I feel very lightheaded, but I will do my best to hold on."
Last edited by Meridiuz on Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[i]Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger[/i] ~ Daft Punk
Anarie Laezuriel

OOC: I think you are all right Meri. I have no complaints. You do good work :wink:

IC:
Anarie looked up at the captain. "Maybe had I turned wheel, to help you instead of might not we be having conversation as this now. No matter it is not, for we ARE having conversation as this. Right you are, past is past, undone it cannot be." The half-elf smiled at Gilmur, she took a hold of his hand and held it in hers. "We get you eat something, then sleep maybe better for you. Even though the half high-elf spoke awful common she did not feel as silly now as she had in the past. It could be that she honestly liked the captain and he did not make her feel as scrutinized as strangers did.

The young elfess watched the movement in the horse's muscles. She had grown up around horses all her life. Her nieghbors in Kislovan had raised plenty of them. Nearly Anarie's whole family were accomplished equestrian's and riders. Not Anarie though, she felt that if a person moved it should be on their own two feet. Now however she welcomed the help of Gwiryan. She tentatively reached out and patted the horse's neck. With a smile to her cousin walking on the opposite side of the animal she walked towards the make shift "home".
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarie Laezuriel

OOC: where ARE you two? :?

Post by Guest »

OOC: Arg! im so sorry! i completely forgot! stupid excuse, but i will answer now! i'm so sorry! :oops:

IC: Mio returned the small smile she recieved from Anarie, and turned to alongside Gwiryan. Her hand rested gently against his neck, just in case she needed to guide him. But he seemed to know where he was going, and she trusted him enough to carry the captain without much assistance
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

The walk back "home" seemed to take a long time, longer than usual. But it did not matter much for the two elves, they walked on steadily and Gwiryan didn't seem to need much attention. The captain tried to sit up for as long as he could, but halfway he fell forward and fell asleep against the horse's back.

As they came to the cave, it was still dark. Their recent failed attempts of creating a fire still lying in the sand. Gwiryan slowly kneeled again to make it easier to take the captain off of him. Still sleeping, the captain was quite heavy to lift.They managed to get him off, but moving him any further was almost impossible.
Anarie Laezuriel

"Maybe we should let him sleep out here?" Anarie giggled as she spoke. She could hear Mio sounding nearly as labored as she was feeling. "He is heavy isn't he?" The slender elf plopped down in the dirt by their cave. She looked back into the darkness. The moonlight barely penetrated the small shelter of theirs but she could see her mirror ,dirty but unbroken, lying outside her pack. Thank Lumi for waterproofing she thought clearly. Then as the moonlight glittered off the surface of the refelctive glass and into her face and idea came into her mind and she smiled. It would have to be put in mental storage until later for now she had the get the chunky captain into their cave-like shelter.

She took a deep breath and put her arms under Captain's Gwiryan's. "You take his feet, then take a deep breath and we will carry him into the cave. We can do it, it is not that far." As the Half High-Elf waited for her friend to help her she chatted some more. "Tis lucky our "home" was not bespoiled by current residents. Just think and island like this in the sea and not a creature on this wet mud pile but you, me, the captain and your horse. Very un-likely, but I am also thinking it is very lucky."

As her friend started to position herself to carry the captain Anarie breathed in deeply and lifted.
"Okay here goes nothing."

Post by Guest »

Mio smiled at Anarie, a little too out of breath to manage an answer, but she knelt beside the captains feet and took hold of them with a firm grasp, lifting them at Anarie's signal. The man was heavy, but she felt she could make her body carry him those last steps, seeing as the exhaustion she had felt earlier had now been replaced by a grim determination. Puffing slightly, she helped Anarie carry the captain into their little 'home' and set him down, 'phew!' she said, straightening slowly and wiping her brow with one grubby sleeve, 'I could do with a nice, hot bath right now. It's just a shame there isn't one.' She grinned at Anarie, and pushed several escaped fuzzy locks away from her face, 'I suppose we should get this fire going then.'
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie laughed. "But dear Lómiodien, there is a bath. Not very warm perhaps but there is a bath all around us." The half-elf swung her slender arms about her indicating the ocean that surrounded their hopefully temporary home. "Tomorrow I quite think I shall need a bath as well. You and I could both use one tonight, but it would be better to do it in morning when we both can see better. Even an elf can't see everything by the bare moonlight. I even have some soap we can use. I tell you that if ever I meet the merchant that sold me that wonderful waterproof sack I shall kiss him." The young elf realised she was talking too much and a embarrased look came upone her pretty face as she sat on the ground an dug through her pack again.

She tossed the two flint rocks to Mio. "I fear that you are the superior firestarter in this hole. So go ahead, I'll watch the captain." She scooted over to where they had barely managed to get the man in the door and took a wadded up shirt and put it under the man's head. Smiling she leaned down and kissed the aged human's forhead. "Do not worry, you are in good hands now." She told the sleeping captain in Elvish.

Post by Guest »

Mio laughed, 'Yes, I suppose I forgot about that particular bath!' she turned toward the direction of the sea and chuckled, 'and I definitely agree that we both undoubtedly need a good wash, but it can wait until the morning.' she turned her head to look at Anarie and smiled, her teeth shining white in the moonlight, 'I'm not sure I like the idea of wading into the sea in the dark anyway. I'm not so partial to not being able to see my own feet, or having my toes nibbled off by some toothy night fish.' She turned and caught the flint rocks that had been chucked at her expertly and tossed them about in her hands, 'I'm not so sure at being much of a firestarter,' she said modestly, 'but I know a little at least. I'll have a crack at it.'
As she turned away, she saw her friend bend down and kiss the captain on the forehead, and, not for the first time, wondered if there was something that ran deeper than friendship between the two. After all, she had spent most of the voyage below deck, preferring the light of a candle and her diary to the sound of the sails and salt in the air. Mio shrugged the thought away though, and turned to the remnants of the fire, feeling it not to be her business. She had no place asking Anarie about private matters, and should let them be. There was nothing wrong with it after all. Keep yourself to yourself, she told herself, striking the two flint rocks together and receiving a small spark, It's hardly as if you know everything about one another anyway. Keep yourself to yourself.
Anarie Laezuriel

The half high-elf kept trying to make the captain more comfortable but in his uncious state he probably wouldn't notice anyway. Watching his sleeping aged face she couldn't help but think if he had any childrean that would miss him. She sniffled away a tear as she thought of her own father.

She was itching to write in her journal but she would have to wait until Mio got the fire going. She looked up to watch her cousin and noticed that the wood-elf kept throwing her curious glances. Anarie realised she looked horrible with her ruined make-up and ratty hair but she couldn't look that bad and by now Mio should have gotten used. "Something bothering you cousin?"

Post by Guest »

Mio looked up, startled from her work, 'Sorry? um, no not at all. Why do you ask?' but, like a true lie detector, her face blushed crimson as she spoke. She had never been very good at hiding things, but she didn't see the point in asking her companion pointless questions that where none of her business. Asking about something like that could only end badly, 'I was just wondering about.. um... the ship, and... and why we saw none of the other sailors when we found the captain.' she burst out, her face shining like a beacon, 'After all,' she said, trying to sound normal, 'if the current brought the good Captain Gilmore here, then surely it brought some of the others as well.' She spoke quickly, and cleared her throat when she'd finished, before brushing one escaped lock of hair behind her ear self-conscientiously and going back to her work with an over exaggerated concentration. Well done. she thought sarcastically, Nicely handled there Mio. Striking her flint stones together, she could almost laugh at this stupid situation she'd so neatly landed herself in.
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie watched her cousin with her spooky eyes boring them into the younger elf's back before turning her attention back to the captain. "I do not know why fate so choose to bring him hair and let the rest of the crew and my beloved slinks drown beneath the depths. Truly who can understand the will of the gods." She watched Mio intently again to see the elfess still trying to get the fire going. "If you require my help just say so."

Post by Guest »

Mio welcomed the distraction away from her own embarrassment gladly. She put down the two flint stones and turned to look at her her companion, 'I'd be glad for some help,' she said gratefully, smiling a her friend, 'I did say I was no expert fire starter, and it seems I was right.' She picked up the two stones in one hand and held them out for Anarie, 'I'll hold the punk close to the stones if you can get a spark from them,' she suggested, picking up the small pile of twigs and leaves they were using for punk, 'It's probably easier with two anyway,' she said, hoping this would make Anarie forget she ever said anything, or ever made a fool out of herself.
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie kissed the flint rocks and smacked them together, a tiny spark came but nothing else. She did it again this time hoping for the best . . .
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

OOC: Sorry! I went to a party with my gf, but on the way back we got car trouble, so we stayed at a friends house. Didn't have any time to post trying to fix the stupid car! :cry:

IC:
The captain didn't notice anything of the dragging. He slept right through it all. As they layed them on his place, the two elves didn't have to worry about him for now. The fire was the next thing on the priority list.

Anarie smacked the flint rocks together again. Another small spark came, but it still wasn't strong enough to let the punk burn. Three more tries almost did the trick. The sparks were getting larger and the punk was almost burning. Getting a little frustrated, Anarie smacked the rocks together with all her strength. A big spark shot right into the punk and they could see a small flame appear in it.

The punk was burning, but now they needed to get the logs going too.

Post by Guest »

OOC: Thats OK!! :D I'm sorry to hear about your car! I hope you managed to get it fixed!

IC: Mio smiled triumphantly at the smoking punk and held it up to blow into it. Feeling that it was truly burning now, she set it upon the pile of twigs and branches they had collected and watched to see if they would catch. Looking up from her work, she grinned at her friend, 'ta-da!' she said, 'I think we both deserve a pat on the back for that!' she laughed and placed a small branch over the top of the smouldering pile, hoping to catch the flames.
Anarie Laezuriel

The half high-elf squinted to see it, the flame was so small. She dug out her journal and ripped out several un-used sheets. Crumpling them, she placed them atop their make-shift tinder and blew ever so gently on the tiny flame. Watching it grow with her breath she smiled, but she knew that making a fire was no easy thing. Once they got it going she was going to go looking for something to cook on it. She placed a tiny fist under her jaw in contemplation. Wondering if perhaps toasted seaweed tasted any good.

She loved watching Mio's expression. She was like a child opening gifts. Not even letting her mood be darkened by Captain Gilmur's apparent un-well being. Anarie tried to be more like her friend, but in the end of her thought she still found herself wishing she had picked a better departure date.
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

OOC: Right! 150 bucks later, the car is fixed again! hehehe

IC:
The branch Mio put into the fire didn't caught fire right away, but as Anarie put the sheets onto the flames, the fire got large enough to get the branches burning. Slowly the fire was getting bigger, only the bigger logs had to catch fire now. And then there was the food indeed. They had been too busy to notice it, but it was getting time they ate something. And the fire was making them wanting something nice and warm to eat.

Meanwhile Captain Gilmur was waking up. He called out to the elves, but they couldn't hear him. His voice didn't have the strength yet. With a lot of effort and moaning he was able to sit up straight and call out to the elves.
"Girls... I need water...ya have some water for me?"
Anarie Laezuriel

Anarie's ears perked up at the sound of the captain's voice. High Elves had excellent hearing and Anarie was no exception. She still couldn't make out what he was saying. As she neared closer something told her that the ill captain needed water. "Oh yes yes, Me is coming with water me am." She told the captain hurriedly as she went to her pack and took out her canteen. The Half High-Elf shook it to find that there wasn't much water left in it, but enough for the captain to find some. She made a mental note to go collect more from the leaves soon after the captain got a drink. "Alright. You now drink yes? Is good." She held the lip of the canteen to Captain Gilmur's dry lips urging him to drink deeply.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Mio sat still poking the fire absently, enthralled by the flickering flames that crackled on their little wood pile. Her absent expression and her apparent absorbedness in the fire made her realise just how tired she was though, and she firmly pulled her gaze and cloudy mind away, shaking herself, only then realising that Anarie was doing all the work herself. Mio brushed the dust off her grubby clothing and stood, her stomach suddenly making a loud protest over the lack of food for such a long period of time, 'We should eat something,' she said loudly, more to wake herself up than to make anyone hear her. Having said that though, she wondered what they actually were going to eat, and looked around her, half expecting food to leap out at her from nowhere. She ran a hand exhaustedly through her salty curls. She'd completely forgotten about food, up until now.
Meridiuz

Post by Meridiuz »

The captain drank the water greedily, spilling almost half of it in the proccess. As the canteen was empty, captain Gilmur grasped for breath. "More, please, can you give me more?"

As he heared Mio say something about eating, the man replied immediately, looking at Anarie with big eyes. "Eat? You have food, Anarie?" He looked very desperate, Trying to hold on to Anarie's clothing with his hands.
Anarie Laezuriel

The wide eyed half high-elf groaned as she felt a hot stitch pulling at her sides. "I think perhaps I have over-exerted myself my friend." She stated in Elvish with a coy smile. Anarie watched the captain drink, almost feverishly she noted. He dribbled down his chin and Anarie leaned forward to wipe it off with the long sleeve of her shirt. "More, can I have more please?" He asked her and the young elfess felt saddened by the croaking nature of his voice. "More? No more have I! Sorry me am, but me go get more, okay that is?" She got up to go collect water off the leaves from the recent thundershower. Lomiodien gave a tired sigh, as her tummy grumbled just like Anarie's had. "We should eat something." The Wood Elf spoke a little loud and it made Anarie wince. "Try to be a little less loud." She chided in Elvish.

Before the tall half-elf could get up she found that Captain Gilmur was grabbing onto her shirt. "Eat? You have food Anarie?" The aqua eyed elfess looked at him queerly before realizing what he said. "Food! Oh . . . no food do we have. Sorry me am, Lomiodien and me is hungry too, but nothing here to eat." She sat back down next to the captain as she spoke with her elf-cousin. "We need to eat something, not only us either. We could push ourselves two days if we really tried, but not the captain. He is sick and if we don't give him some food he might die." She spoke in hushed musical tones of Elvish to keep from scaring the captain. "But I do not know what to get! There are no animals here, and even if there were, I am no good with my bow, not good enough to hunt animals in the dark. We could roast seaweed! It wouldn't taste very nice but it's sustenance. I have some soggy althea tablets to keep us from getting sick from eating it, they are soggy but they'll still work." Anarie didn't wait for a response, but removed the captain's hands from her clothes and got up and went outside. She walked over to the wet leaves first, bending them so the water would run off into her water skin. Now where had she seen that seaweed? There was some by the place they had found the captain wasn't there?"

OOC: I have actually had cooked Seaweed before, it tastes like salty spinach :P

Post by Guest »

Mio blushed when Anarie told her to speak quieter,
'I'm sorry,' she said softly, feeling embarrassed at seeming so commanding. At the sound of the captain's pleading and rasping voice though, Mio felt a deep and unexpected pang of pity and sympathy for him and walked over to sit beside the ill man. Taking his hand instinctively between her own fire-warmed ones, she leant forward to talk softly to him,
'Do not be worrying captain,' she tried to say soothingly, but suddenly felt strangely self-conscious and let go of his hand, standing rather abruptly, 'I'll be water getting now,' she said haltingly in common and turned to pick up Anaries empty cantine to re-fill, walking at a quick pace back in the direction of the sea. They could boil the water to make it less salty, she thought, wondering why she had just acted so strange, and only then realising that the old man reminded her so much of the grandfather she had left behind. She stopped suddenly to fight back a sudden wave of sadness at the thought, frowning deeply to stop herself from the feeling, and carried on determinedly towards the water.
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 02, 2004 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “On the Water Archive”