More or Less a Mermaid

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

Bahjek rolled his eyes at William. "I don't think he can do anything right." the elf muttered under his breath to himself. The elf began to loosen up a little but didn't want to be caught off his guard. Bahjek kept his hand near his dagger and eyes darting around between the new people."

"So whats your story?" He asked Santino.

Post by Guest »

"When I was underwater?" A scoff, then, and a roll of Santino's eyes as he slid himself back against the wall of the cave, sinking very slowly to the ground and closing his eyes. "There was something moving down there, sure, but it was only myself and that delusional young woman with her mysterious disappearing act." He rubbed his eyes and looked over at the fellow who had made the query. "You're crazy. Mermaids are not a reality- they are a dream. They are a fiction produced by sailors to rationalize their emotional loneliness." Another roll of those eyes as he added, softly, "I read about it..."

Bahjek's question was mostly ignored, but at last he smiled at the man, revealing his twisted fingers- still warped and scarred from the events at the Prodesse who-knows-how-long prior. Most of the young man's right hand was gone, cut from pointer finger to pinky- leaving him with only two fingers on that particular hand. The left seemed okay, though it was horribly curled- the palm laced with so much scar tissued that there really was no other option.

"There was a misunderstanding aboard the ship I was on. Yeah, that's it. I'm a regular seafarer, and definitely intended to come here, to my secret luxury hideaway cave." Voice raised with intensity almost to the point of being frigtening.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: Hi there. Syra will be with you shortly but she asked if I could do one or two posts while she sternly tells real life to shape up and be nice again :)

IC: Williams eyes narrowed at Santino "There be mermaids here.. that was written too. Wasn't there anything? A movement out of the corner of your eye. A listful song perhaps, tempting you?" He closed up to the little man "Think man, think. This is vital. We could have the biggest discovery in all of Tazlure if we could capture a Mermaid and bring her home with us. We'll be renowned scholars, adventurers of great fame."

In all his fantacism, he ignored the others as he questioned Santiono. Meanwhile a green creature tiptoed through the cave.
Last edited by Maeve on Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

"Yes. Here there be mermaids. I mean, look at them! Diving out of the water and into our laps to seduce us. Clearly you are right, sir." Santino's voice was desperate and edged with something akin to sarcastic frustration- not necessarily directed at William, but rather a kind of ambient result of having a mangled hand and losing every possession to one's own name.

"I know of the results, but I also know of the costs. How many crowns have you squandered to come here for nothing? How many mermaids have you seen here? I'm skeptical, of course, but I think anyone with even a bit of brains could see that there's nothing here."

The young man crossed his arms over his chest and rolled his eyes. "I'll be forced to help, of course, because I don't exactly have an alternative- but at the same time I'd be willing to bet money, if I had any, that we find nothing here. Logic, man. Logic. There's no greater tool in the educated man's arsenale."

Lips curled in a sardonic smile, as if that answered everything- not intimidated even remotely by the proximity of the stranger. "But, for the sake of argument, let's suppose you're right. In that case, how would one go about finding mermaids -here-? I've been here for days, and have seen nothing remotely indicating the presence of fantastic creatures."
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

William threw up his hands in despair as he turned away from the little philosopher, kicking a pebble as he went."Doomed, we are all doomed with an attitude like that."

In the back the green creature giggled at all the commotion. It sat down, softly rocking to and fro while counting toes. Now and again it looked up at the ceiling of the cave, sighing out of boredom.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Bahjek listened to Santino for a while then he spoke,"William will you listen to the man? You can be so dense!" Bahjek shook his head and happened to hear giggling. Bahjek looked around but couldn't teel who had been giggling. "Did anyone else hear something?" the achadhiel inquired.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

ooc Thanks Maeve :)

ic

"Dense?" William exploded. "DENSE? Will you listen to yourselves here? This man..." He threw his finger at Zarkazar. "Just told us he was brought here by the very creature you are trying to deny!"

There was a strange shaking in his voice as if the man had not wanted to believe the truth of Mermaids himself, despite the expedition he had founded in order to find one.

"But it seems I am surrounded by fools at the moment, save one." Again he looked at Zarkazar, a kind of reverence in his eyes that had not showed before. "He knows the truth. Tell me, good man..." He knelt at the man's side. "Tell me, what did the mermaid look like? Where did she leave you? Why did she bring you here? Good gods, what is that infernal chuckling?"

The last question was directed at the group as the balding man looked around. Noticing the green creature sitting on their luggage, his eyes grew big. Slowly he got up on his feet again, pointing at the intruder. "What's....that's...it's...." Came the intelligable reply as the expedition leader desperately tried to make sense of the green, naked figurine grinning at the entire group as if nothing was wrong.
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities

Post by Guest »

OOC: Bold white is Elvish, bold aqua is Common/Human

IC:

Anarie had wandered off from main group to look for Natean. It seemed that the rest had simply fobbed him off and the elfess was unwilling to do the same. She was also unaware of the sleeping gray and white ball of feline fur that slept in her waterproofed backpack, undisturbed by the events around him. The ripped rags she had around her neck had finally dryed and she put them in the backpack for later use. It had lessend the weight on her neck, which was strained enough with the weight of her heavy pack and her exqusitie Kislovan Long Bow.

Her quick mind was contemplating the arrival of the strange island man. From his appearance he had been stranded here for sometime and she was amazed how quickly the group had trusted him. Wandering off on her own the aqua eyed female now had the time to worry for the group's safety following such a person, as well as her own now that she had become seperated.

Her decision was an unwise one and she soon found herself lost in the depths of a watery cave. Walking with the shovel she grabbed earlier still in one hand, now used as impromptu walking stick, she tried to find the entrance, thinking that the way in would be a lot easier to find than the way out. The twisting passages within didn't allow the way in or out to be found quite so easily.

After what felt like several burns she leaned against a wet wall, tired from the exertion of constant careful walking and the lack of light. Having to use the slippery damp natural walls to find her way was difficult and the sounds of water dripping that echoed from several different directions was distorting and confusing. There was a sudden loud shout from what could only be a male voice, the only words she could make out were "my cave" but they were enough to spur her into action once again.

She yelled with her own voice, calling for her companions. "My friends! My friends! For where are you, to find you I can?!" She yelled in common her bell like voice echoing off the wells in an illusion of loudness. Her waterproofed boots kept her from slipping on the wet rock underfoot for the time being but at this pace it was likely only a matter of time before she fell. Finding her way down a tight passsage she saw a faint light ahead and headed for it, yelling for her companions and Master William.

The width of the tiny passge required her to push herself through and in her haste she pushed out too far and went sprawling into the cavern beyond, in open view of her companions as her feet failed her and she crashed headlong into the young man whose very voice had led her here. Her graceful form didn't look quite so graceful as she put her arms out in front of her in automatic reflex to prevent any self injury. That didn't keep her from knocking Santino on his rear as Anarie landed on top of him with an 'oomph' of surprise.

One look at Santino's face didn't help. The scant light in the cavern offered enough lllumination for Anarie to find herself looking at someone who resembled one of the undead rather than a destitute human. Her almond shaped aquamarine orbs went wide with fear. "Aiiieee - wraith! wraith!" She shreiked, quickly getting off the young man beneath her, to back into the rock wall to get away from the creature.

Her mind quickly gained control of itself, however, and she realised it was no wraith but a young human male who had assuredly seen better days. Though his sharp angular visage, palid face, haunting pale grin eyes and severe mouth didn't help his appearance in the faint light. Anarie made a silent prayer to Illuminatus to please bring them more light, this darkness was unbearable. Her ivory cheeks quickly gained a red tone of embarassment at her fearful behavior.

"S-sorry, t-to mean to I did not! Y-you frightened me!" Her voice hitching in nervousness. Taking a look around the room she recognized the forms of many but at least two forms that she didn't recognize, and one that was missing. "Are you who ask may I, and Lomdiodien is where I also ask?" She spoke quickly in her soft-spoken but fumbling Common Tongue.

Master William's 'singer' had returned it seem, only to make the situation more confusing than it was already.
Last edited by Guest on Tue May 03, 2005 10:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post by Guest »

(Not been able to post for ages due to computer death)

Zarkazar leapt to attention upon seeing the green creature observing them. He pointed his sword at it.
"What-just what is that supposed to be? You, creature- do you have any answers? I'm not with these people, you see, I'm just trying to get back to civilization."

Post by Guest »

He had been just about to launch into another tirade on how ridiculous this all was, and how unbearable it was for someone of his intellectual calibre to be here with these fools, and how the only person who seemed to have any sort of sense was Bahjek. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera... but no sooner had his mouth opened than he was struck by something moving at a rather rapid velocity, and rather determined to know him to the ground.

For an instant, he thought that the heavens had simply become so angry that they had seen fit to launch a mermaid at him, just for spite. Upon examination, though, there was no tail and no anything, really... just the apparently crazy and delusional young woman who screamed ridiculously.

"Oh no need to apologize. I -love- falling down. Why, if I weren't so exhilirated, I'd suggest you do it again." Not snapped, but calmly condescending were those words, tinged with irritation at his speech being interrupted. "My name is Santino. And what the hell is a Lomdiodien? It sounds like one of the desert barbarian's cities." Roll of eyes as he looked again at those around. "Furthermore, I think th--"

Of course, his voice stopped in his throat at the sight of the creature, a scowl and a gasp coming simultaneously to his face. "What in the NAME OF THE NETHER IS GOING ON HERE?!" Hands reached into his hair and tugged furiously, pacing back and forth.

"Now now, calm down everyone, I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for all of this. It's probably just an animal, or the victim of a tragic accident involving magick. Yes, something of that sort-- for surely if such a creature existed, I would have seen it in the Almanaca Zoologica, or remembered it from class or..." he trailed off, looking intently at the thing.

"DO. YOU. SPEAK. COMMON?" as if he were regarding a child.

Post by Guest »

Anarie couldn't believe the man's bluster, what a pompous @ss! Just as she was about to tell him that his manners towards a lady left much to be desired, she noticed a green being, wacthing them all with mirth. It smiled rather cutely and giggled, Anarie bet it was giggling at the ill manered man and she didn't blame it for such an action.

Smiling, the statuesque half island-elf looked at the creature and waved delicately with a fine boned elven hand which could barely be seen in this light. It was an impulsive thing to do, really, and she felt a tad silly afterward. That idiot with the black hair had to yell of course, and then talk to himself, blaberring nonsensically and probably frightened the poor green creature.

Finally irritated enough to tell him off, she pushed at him, pointedly jabbing him in the chest with a thin ivory finger to get her point across. "Sir, know you I do not, but know I do that you are a pompous windbag, such as I to have the displeasure of meeting before I have not! Hold your tongue I suggest, unless can you improve the silence or the situation help, or elsewise to frighten yon creature to death you will!" Her normally bell like voice had risen in tone, that echoed of the caverns walls, earning her a look from many in the group. She smiled at Mackaree, a lovely look for her face which in her favor could not be discerned as any but that of a full blooded Island Elf, and shrugged. "To where find this reprobate did you?" Anarie inquired of their quest leader, pointing her thumb in the direction of Santino.

The looks in the group focused back on the odd, little, green humanoid. The young achadiel had heard of a creature that shared similarities with the one before her now . . .the mariners that had sometimes come into Ilmyt for fine wine and foodstuffs had spoken of a bizarre race of Elves that lived in the sea and were in possesion of skin that kept them hidden under the water. They had called them "Sea Elves" or "Aquatic Elves" This creature was eerily similar to the descriptions she had heard, though those tales had been relayed by drunken sailors for the most part.

Anarie took a cautious step forward, only moving when she was sure that she hadn't frightened the creature. "Hello there little one, do not mind my companions, they won't hurt you. Wouldn't you like to come down and take a closer look at us?" She asked the green thing, in softly spoken Elvish, with the bell like lilt of the Seven Isles, and Kislovan specifically. Her aquamarine eyes held a curious but gentle aura within that ajuriel brillance and she was easing herself slowly and carefully towards the creature, her chocolate- blonde streaked hair falling over one slender shoulder. Slowly she extended a hand, as if to offer it to this being of the watery cave, to hold with it's own green hands. "Come, my name is Anarie, what is yours?" She continued on in Elvish.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Amidst the complete chaos Mackaree stood, hands helplessly by his side. Unable to muster enough enthusiasm to make it believable anymore he tried a: "Oh...hello Anarie, now where did you hide?" while Santino and Zarkazar expressed their concerns over the little green creature in their cave.

The aforementioned critter tilted his head to have a good luck at the crazy people in front of him. The one called Santino was remarkably funny and it mimicked the silly gestures of pulling his nonexistant hair, giggling while it did. The sea elf did not manage those agitated steps quite yet, but he came rather close in the imitation, managing to upset William even further.

"I don't understand..." Came the fearless expedition leader's response.

The greenster waved back at Anarie, whistling a little ditty before turning back to Santino's appearant lack of intelligence. "COMMON, YES. YOU DEAF?" It pointed to it's ears.

Again the attention of the sea creature wavered, caught by the sing-song tone of Anarie's Adhiel phrases. It turned to her, hopping over in a few funny steps. "You won't hurt, I know." He nodded vehemently, smiling at the woman, his big eyes blinking rapidly. "You smaaaaaaaaaaart. Asking my name? Smaaaaaaaaaaart!" He clapped his hands together in delight. "Won't give it though."

He obviously understood her words, yet chose to answer in the common tongue. Quickly his cool, soft hand grabbed Anarie's offering and shook it with great enthusiasm.

"Whatcha doing here?"

"I...don't understand...." Mackaree repeated in a toneless voice. The ratty twins had conveniently disappeared.

Post by Guest »

Anarie couldn't help but giggle at the creatures quirky impish behavior. She was sure now that this thing was indeed some form of elf, from the way it moved to it's obvious intelligence and the noticeable ear shape. The fact that it was hairless and green however made it look silly. Anarie bit her lip trying to keep from laughing at the sea elf's antics, Santino's bluster and the whole crazy situation. A hiccup of mirth occasionally escaped however and the achadiel smiled apologetically at master William.

"I confused also am I, but to think this person not mermaid. Think I elf of sea perhaps?" She offered, quirking an eyebrow as the thing finally shook her hand. She prepared herself for a slimy encounter but was pleasantly surprised by the wet, cool, smooth appendage. She let their connecting touch linger, savoring the feel of the thing's exotic skin before removing her hand from it's grasp, smiling shyly. "Not good at common am I, but for to you wanting to use it as such I will try best of mine. If no name you give, what to we can call you as such? I am for thinking "Hey You" be a title you not will like. If not tell us real name you won't, perhaps to make a small one up, so to be introduced properly all of us may."

She pondered the things almost child-like question of why they were there. "We are here for to finding mermaids and . . .adventure!" She made a posture as if she was holding a sword and swashbuckling against an unknown/invisible assailant, completely oblivious at how ridiculous she looked, playing at charades to communicate to an aquatic elf in a cave with strange company. "Adventure and mermaids we for finding." She added proudly a second time, hands on her hips as she was done with her antics. " A mermaid you are not I think . . . sea elf are you?" The tall half-elf asked, her face sincere.
Lucas Merdoc

Post by Lucas Merdoc »

Lucas could tell it would be a long, long day. While he was quite pleased that Mio had survived her brush with death, it had been only moments before she had disappeared...to be replaced by him. What could cause such a thing? And where did she go? Zarkazar's arrival did little to help explain matters, for the armed man seemed quite confused himself, as did Santino the Flotsam who, judging by where they found him, had only recently "appeared" among them as well. Something wasn't right here...and Lucas was growing more and more impatient.

Soothed by the appearance of Anarie, Lucas smiled at her and watched her speak with the little creature that, until just now, Lucas had not noticed. Anarie was quite capable with the skittish creature, speaking to it patiently and kindly. Not unlike a puppy, thought Lucas. "It is a pleasure to see you again, Anarie. Your singing did touch my heart. Now, perhaps you might ask your new friend where Mio went?" said Lucas as he rammed his own sabre home in it's scabbard. I can live without knowing the little creatures name, but regarding Mio, I'll just beat the truth out of it...

Turning, he considered Mackaree and motioned towards the water. "There's a box down there. Mio found it, but she couldn't get a hand on it. She was..." glance towards Santino "...distracted. However, we can't do much until we find Mio, cause I won't be leavin' her on this island alone. That ain't a proper fate for anyone still livin'...especially her. Let me see the map so I can get my bearings..." asked Lucas, hoping he might have distracted and confounded the expedition leader enough such that Mackaree might accidentally show him the map that, until now, he had hidden for himself.

Post by Guest »

Insane. They were all insane-- it was the only plausible explanation.

Eyes rolled with almost forced lethargy as he regarded the group with supercilious condescencion, moving his hands frustratedly through his hair. There was this <i>adhiel</i> woman-- the thought came with a sneer-- who thought herself somehow equipped to handle the situation, there was this cheeky little creature, there was this man who believed himself mighty (perhaps by virtue of his ugliness)... it was all too much, really.

A small laugh erupted from his throat, as Lucas glanced at him. "You know, if you want to dive down there and get the chest, nobody's stopping you." Eyes sparkled just a touch, fully aware of what Lucas was trying to pull with the map, but deciding that it really wasn't significant-- the odds of there being treasure and mermaids out here, even with the existance of a map, were practically nonexistant.

Turning on Mackaree, Santino positively yelled at him, frustrated by the sheer lunacy already, after such a brief exposure. "Give the man the map, already! Can't you see that we're in the midst of a situation in dire need of action! Don't just stand there, do it! Do it!" Eyes ablaze, coupled with his almost ghastly countenance, giving the scholar the appearance of what he hoped would be forceful charisma. He'd move in close, then, almost close enough to touch, though he did no such thing. Santino instead fixed Mackaree with a stare of frustration.

He'd completely ignore the little green fellow, dismissing it as either a particularly intelligent creature of the wild or a particularly fervent creation of an overactive imagination. He'd read about it, after all, and that was better than the reality.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

"I don't understand why any of you would want to find a mermaid anyway." Zarkazar sighed. "The one I encountered betrayed my act of kindness and it resulted in the death of a friend of mine. Why not leave the mer-people to the slimy depths and get back to a nice city with nice taverns?" He looked around at the people gathered. "Anybody? Am I the only person who wants to leave this filthy cave?"
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"Call me whatever you like." The green being answered in a polite tone. "You are a nice person. I don't mind. But you..." He twirled to Lucas. "You don't need to worry. I sent the other nice one away. She was not happy here with the water, so I sent her somewhere else. She is not here. She is with a friend of mine. No worries. Never worry. Worry makes the world go round and we certainly would not want to get nauseous!"

He giggled at his own ingenuity and hopped from one bare leg to the other, making floppy sounds on the rock with his webbed toes.

"MERMAIDS?" Bellowed Mackaree out of the blue. "Mermaids, you saw a mermaid? A real one? They exist?" There was something fishy about the very man saying he wanted to find one actually doubting the evidence being thrown in his face. "Can't be...I mean...yes, uh, it can be. Of course. Yes. Mermaids, that's what we're here for. But now that we're here...why not take a look at that box down below? Anarie, how about you sing the nice creature a song or something and then maybe the swimmers amongst you can dive up that box? It would be a shame just to leave it here. And yes, once we get that box, we can go, sir."

The change at the mention of that box was remarkable. All of a sudden their leader actually took on his position and started to order people around without one thought or doubt in his mind that if the creature said Mio was alright, it might be a different kind of alright than the usual definition.

"Maps? We don't need maps. We're here already! This is the cave! Come now, hurry!" Suddenly William looked caught like a kid with his hand in the cookiejar.
Lucas Merdoc

Post by Lucas Merdoc »

Sent away? Lucas thought to himself. The little creature had little reason to lie, but the very idea of such a thing was enough to give the ex pirate some despondence. Lucas glanced up at Amarie to ascertain her thoughts on the matter, for while Lucas was not entirely convinced, there was precious little he could do about it anymore. I spent...how many weeks stuck on this damnable island, and the lovely Mio is just...sent away? Of all the good fortunes...

Tearing his eyes away from Amarie with some difficulty, Lucas considered Mackaree once more. His earlier suspicions regarding the real goal of the expedition were finally confirmed, at least, and while Mackaree didn't reveal his treasure map, it was clear that such a document lead him here. And to that box, added Lucas to himself, glancing at the waters of the pool with some hesitation. Time to have a reckoning. But why not unearth this treasure? I've lost everything...everything I ever owned...so a few coins to replace it might be welcome. Everyone can use at least a little extra wealth, yes? Maybe I'll just play along...see what's in that box before I do anything rash.

"Mackaree, sar, that box may not be worth our time," started Lucas, choosing his words carefully. He continued to play along with Mackaree's silly story of mermaids, a story he no longer believed in favor of a more simple, human pursuit. It was something of a game for Lucas now, a fun game that might end with Lucas sailing away from this island with a pocket full of coins. "Ya see, gov, mebee there somethin' interesting in it...mebee not....but I'll tell ya what is in that box. Water. Mebee...five, eight stone, or a hundred....hundred fifty pounds of the stuff. Liftin' it clear of the water, well...that'll take two hundred feet of one inch line, two block pulleys with a half-inch pinion, a boring hammer, and no less than four iron spikes. Unless you happen to have 'em on ya, wull...whatever lies in that box'll just have ta stay."

Post by Guest »

Anarie wore a comical expression as she contemplated what name to give this creature. She wasn't even aware if it was a boy or girl, though from the way it talked and it's build she figured that it was male. "Luminon . . .I name you Luminon, since only bright thing in this cave you are seeming to be." The achadiel smiled pertly, a look which was replaced by one of confusion at Master William's words.

"Singing? Now not time for singing me thinks. What do you mean not for knowing if they are real?! You . .you sent us to be finding mer person, you said! Now for not thinking they is real?" She thought about this and pointed an accusatory finger at their 'leader' "You sir told us non truth and I do nothing for a liar person, until he says sorry and tells me what is truth."

She crossed her slender arms over her chest petulantly and refused to budge. She wasn't even going to bother telling him that she had only a rudementary understanding of swimming and with the lack of light presented here it would be nigh on impossible. "If you wanting box so bad why you not for getting it yourself? . . .unless to swim our 'leader' cannot."
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

ooc
Yup, I'm stubborn and taking this thread back. We've been through too much together!
Gimme a few to think up a nice reply and we'll take it from there.

Post by Guest »

Zarkazar stroked his beard. So, some myserious box is the real reason these people are here. Which means treasure! He halted his thoughts right there. The last time he'd opened a chest in hope of financial gain it had contained only a treacherous mermaid and an empty promise. Then again, surely his luck couldn't continue to be so bad? Although, actually it could.
"Would it be possible to swim to this box and just open and bring only the contents, rather than the entire thing?" suggested Zarkazar, hoping the question might lead to information about what was in the box. As he spoke he kept an eye on the green creature. It had mentioned sending someone away- magically by the sounds of things- so he wondered if it would be his best chance of getting out of here. After finding out what was in the box of course.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

For someone who was researching mermaids in the name of the Little Known University of True History William Mackaree was astoundingly little interested in someone who actually conversed with such a creature. Instead the little man glowed happily at the mention of the box and it's possible contents. Unless he knew of more stories were mermaids were kept in boxes, there was not much to connect the two different subjects.

The newly named greenster smiled at Anarie. "Lumion is nice. You can call me Lumion. But I might not listen. That's how I am." It's androgynous shape would not prove the name right or wrong, but it fitted well enough for the creature to be happy about it.

Meanwhile William waved his hands apologetically. "No, no, of course I believe they are real, or I would not be researching them, dear lady!" His smooth voice sounded. "It's just rather overwhelming to actually be so close after all these years." He closed his eyes and nodded his head slowly. "Yes, this is quite the moment. But we have no time to loose! Sir, you obviously can swim." He pointed at Zarkazar. "Maybe someone else will help. I'd rather get the entire box on dry grounds before opening it. Who knows what we might spill? Please? Anyone? I'm not much of a swimmer, I'm afraid...Come now, Anarie, please sing something!"

Lumion clapped his hands at the mention of songs, even though the suggestion was ridiculous under the circumstances. "Songs!" The creature exclaimed happily. "I'll trade you one!"

Post by Guest »

"This fellow," said Zarkazar, gesturing towards Lucas, "says we'll need all sorts of equipment. I don't know about that, but if someone gives me some rope and tells me exactly where this box is, I'll swim down and tie it on. Then some good old elbow grease by the rest of you can drag it out." Zarkazar put his hand on Mackaree's shoulder. "But if this chest has some terrible enchanted curse or trap on it there will be trouble. If I get so much as a splinter I will slaughter you in such a way as to give demons nightmares." Then he smiled in a genuinly friendly way. "I'm sure that won't be the case, however! We'll get this wretched box, share whatever loot is inside and all part company on good terms." He patted Mackaree on the head in a patronising manner. "I wasn't kidding about the slaughter, by the way."

Post by Guest »

OOC: Bold is Elvish

Bahjek snuck into shadows hoping that nobody noticed, from the way everyone was acting it certrinly seem that way. The half elf was wondering where Anarie had disappered to just as she came stumbling into the cavern.

He glanced around the cavern taking note on how big it really was. If this little creature can get in here what else can? Bahjek thought. Hello little cousin. My name is Bahjek. Maybe you have heard of the mermaids? William, the little bald human over there, says they are like half human and half fish. The elf spoke as he came out of the shadows.

Post by Guest »

OOC: as always and in any IC dialogue Aqua/Cyan is spoken Common/Human and BOLD White is Elvish, that I write as English you you can read it.

IC:
Anarie quirked an eyebrow at Mackaree. "Overwhelming? You seem not excited of anything excepting the box in the water you are. Overwhelming my arse." Her father would be appalled at her unladylike language, but Anarie didn't believe their leaders excuse and was angry at such developments.

The statuesque half-elf stood her ground. "I singing will not . . .unless you go swimming for the box of your own. I'll even to being nice enough to . . going with you. Swimming good or no, two is better than . . one, yes? I will get box you are wanting so badly if to can you come with me. On other note, forget me singing or swimming. I will do neither for you unless for you to help get box you will Master Mackaree. Swim I will do for that, but no singing! Singing will not happen until you agree to get box with me and we see what you is wanting so badly, yes, then for singing . . .maybe."

She looked up at Luminon, the sea-elf that she had for the time being decided was male so she wouldn't get confused, and ticked her finger. "You sing neither, not for this man you will. He has spoken non truth and should help in what I think was being treasure hunt from beginning of things, not mermaid hunt, nope not at all. If he not wanting to help us he will than we for should not indulge in what he is wanting, not singing, or swimming, or doing a drunken jig." The brunette and blonde elf crinkled her nose and stared Master Mackaree straight in the face. "Well, is for we going to get box or to stand here until Illuminatus' favor is lost and being confused and arguing like dame schoolers will we?" The word 'we' was enunciated more than anything else, making Anarie's point clear, that without Mackaree physical assitance she was going to be hard to get any assitance from herself.

Her Father's stubborness came out two fold in her energetic young form and seemed only matched by the hyper sea-elf who no one seemed to be able to get any answers from. The sound of dripping water was starting to drive Anarie batty and despite her tough facade she didn't know how much longer she could stay in this cave and still keep her sanity.

Lomiodien was missing, Natean was missing, all these new people had shown up, there was suddenly a strange sea-elf here with them, and to top it all off the man whom she had held respect for had lied to her, she was sure of it and the past few days seemed more like some demented god's idea of a joke than reality. She said a silent prayer to her dear Lumi to keep both her mind and body safe in this chaotic time.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “On the Road Archive”