More or Less a Mermaid

Moderator: Mods

Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

More or Less a Mermaid

Post by Syrawenn »

The following morning brought the sharp first rays of sunshine and eager birds willing to wake all that were trying to sleep in. The inn was already bustling with activity and William was overseeing the packing of quite a bit of food.

"No, no, I am telling you to put the bread on top!" He exclaimed at a boy that did his best to fit everything in the bags that the little balding man had provided. "It will be squashed on the bottom or it will turn green before we notice it! Oh wait, where did we leave the apples?" He looked around only to discover his fruit was nowhere in sight. "Do I really have to take care of everything myself?" He yelled in dispair. "We are not going for a little duck-feeding out there, you know! It is a grand adventure we are after!"

At about the same time the door to the inn opened and a little, darkhaired guy walked in. He sported a small moustache which he twirled with his finger. The little decoration did nothing to hide the fact that his face resembled that of a rat all too much. Even smaller than the leader of the expedition, he radiated so much lively energy that he did seem taller. This ofcourse made William stand up straight immediately.

"Morning!" The new guy shouted at whoever was in the room. He was undoubtedly human unless traces of another family had been cunningly hidden in the mass of black, slick hair. "Ready for departure? Montega is waiting."
[size=75]Gavin:She's the emerald eyed agent of chaos
Vanir:She's cute, it's her personality that gets in the way
Ulder:Syra is a great shredder of paralysis through analysis
Elvin:We call it the Law of Improbable Syrabilities

Post by Guest »

Samheen 11th, Morningtide

Natean looked at his backpack. It hadn’t even been wholly unpacked since he arrived in King’s Court, and now it was off for the roads – or rather the sea – with him. Again. He had travelled to King’s Court to find a new life. To find adventure and excitement so he would be able to forget. Is this too fast? This was what I wanted, wasn’t it?

Pictures from his childhood returned to him. Him, plucking on the strings of his uncle’s harp for the first time. Him, listening to the stories of his uncle by the fireplace. Him, receiving a home-knit woolen scarf from his aunt. Him, listening to the story of that white-haired bard not long ago. And his father, sitting in his armchair, staring into the wall.

A shout from William awoke him from his thoughts. He opened his mouth, but realized William was shouting at someone else. A boy packing his luggage, it seemed. A small, dark-haired man entered the tavern, but Natean paid no heed to his yelling. He had bidden farewell with Thorgill yesterday. Only a couple of days here at the Laughing King’s Tavern, and he was off. It made him realize how volatile the world outside was. Outside? After leaving home, I am part of it too. He would have liked some more time here though, but the pace outside home was so much faster. He hoped he would be able to keep up. He had to.

He looked at his leather backpack with watered eyes. He had had little sleep this night.
Palthian D'Enthier

Post by Palthian D'Enthier »

Palthian had been eager to go to bed the night before. He was tired, he realized, after the excitement from the encounter and subsequent magical experience. He retired quickly to his room, undressed and went to bed. He slept in a little bit in the morning, a fact which he noticed with a little disappointment - he was not used to getting up late. He hastened to get ready and go find William.

When he got downstairs he heard William yelling and blustering around. Palthian approached him and inquired, "Is there anything that I may do to facilitate or expedite our departure? If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask. I have nothing better to do, after all," he finished, an amused grin on his face.
Last edited by Palthian D'Enthier on Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janaou

Post by Janaou »

Janaou lay passed out in a bed he didn't even remember getting in. It seemed like he had drinken the world dry last night, eventually ordering even more after William's interesting story. The rest was a blur. There was laughing and storytelling, and he vaguely remembered some beautiful human women involved somewhere but his head hurt too much to think that hard. Perhaps it would all come back to him later today.

At that word, he sat up in bed so fast that all of his senses screamed and he quickly laid back down. He was leaving today to search for merfolk! He didn't remember being told when they would leave, but judging by the sounds of activity from the commons room, he could tell the day was already in full swing.

Janaou took his time getting out of bed, but after that, clothed himself, realizing he was completely nude for some reason. He made a mental note to inquire to the others about any strange happenings last night. After he clothed himself, he dashed out of his room and towards the source of the noise. Upon entering, Janaou came to the conclusion that William was a source of most of the noise, shouting at a packing boy and make exclamations about bread or something. Janaou was too busy steadying himself from the dizzying headache he was experiencing.

He noticed someone familiar looking over their belongings and occasionally looking up at William also in the room, amongst the early crowd of visitors. Janaou snapped his fingers to himself trying to remember a name. "Na-Nate... no, not Nate. Uhm, Natean!" The last word he shouted with excitement of his recollection and dashed towards his new travelling companion. "Good morning, Mr. Natean." Janaou said, feeling necessary to add in the Mr. because of their extreme height difference. It must have been an intimidation factor or something. "Going over supplies, or what?" he asked, pointing at Natean's backpack of items.[/i]
Nicadem

Post by Nicadem »

Nicadem's night was a blur, for the most part. He was pretty sure he and Janaou shared another round of that satanic beer, but that was blurry. The night was wasted on good humor and good times. Women tavern maids were the same as in Taloh Tel'Amrun. He liked that. After a while, it became too much for him, and he proceeded outside, where he regurgitated the last 3 days rations of his life. Exhausted, Nicadem stumbled up the stairs and into his bed. The room began to spin, making it hard for him to concentrate on sleeping, but eventually, he passed out.

<hr>

Nicadem awoke to the bustling sounds of downstairs. He literally rolled out of bed, and fumbled with his clothes. Finally, he managed, and made his way downstairs. He noticed William harassing some poor boy, but he didn't really care. His friend Janaou was conversing with some guy.. Nathan. He couldn't remember. Short term memory was gone. He meandered to where they were, and put on a grim smile. "'Ello." was all he could say, and manage at that point.

Post by Guest »

Natean shut out personal thoughts as the half-elf of the night before approached him. Or rather dashed towards him. He was about to become part of an adventure himself, and that was what he had left home for. He would not hesitate now.

He looked from his luggage to the half-elf. "Mister, is it?" he asked a bit humorously. "If so, Mr. Janaou, I propose we skip the formalities, and call each other by our names only. We are after all travel companions, aren’t we, Janaou." Natean could see no reason why they should promote a cold atmosphere. That was at least how he thought of such a degree of politeness. "As for my luggage," he continued, "it feels strange to pack my things when I haven’t even had time to unpack them since arriving in here in King’s Court. That’s two days ago, now." He paused, recalling how he had met Thorgill and Kirkus the first night. How they had talked of ghosts and Mermaids. The rebuilding of the Laughing King, and William’s unexpected arrival. Now – already – he was leaving this. "It’s strange, Janaou, I have really grown fond of this place on such a short span of time." He looked over at William. He was still fussing about some bread. "Ah, supplies, you say?" he was reminded. "I have none, so I trust the ship - or William - has plenty."

Another one of the newcomers approached them. “Good morning, Nicadem,” Natean responded to his grim smile and short greeting, noticing that this elf probably had had a tad too much drink last night. The newcomers definitely had had a wet first night of King’s Court and the Laughing King’s Tavern.
Janaou

Post by Janaou »

Janaou smirked at Nateans comments about the formality of his greeting. "Very well then, Natean. " Janaou said, stressing the Natean. Looking around him, he noticed Nicadem approach.

"Ello" said the Wood Elf. Grinning, Janaou placed his hand on Nicadem's shoulder and replied, "Quite a night last night, huh? I can still taste it, that horrid drink." Janaou cleared his throat and looked behind him to William. "The old sprout's been like this all morning apparently. He is really dedicated to his work, and I think we owe it to him to put forth all our effort on this search," he said, eyeing both of them.

Instinctively, Janaou reached behind him to check his bow, but found that it wasn't there. Nor were any of his belongings. "Well, if we mean to set out soon, I had best get to my things. I should be down soon." Janaou turned and headed back up to his room.

Once inside, he collapsed on the bed, almost immediately. It was wonderful; the feeling of having a bed beneath you. Janaou was used to being outdoors, in the forests of Tal Aranae Quessir. In a way, he missed the solitude and tranquility of it all. However, he now had more of a purpose and that was to find merpeople. Glancing over his room, he made a last second adjustment to his bed, straightening out a wrinkled corner, and packed his things. Strapping on his bow, hiding his dagger in his left glove, slinging his money pouch about his waist, and fastening his chain mail on the inside of his shirt, Janaou stepped out of his room to join with the rest of his "merfolk-hunting-crew" and begin the adventure of a lifetime.

OOC: *dramatic drumroll* oh yeah.... :D
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Mackaree looked at the four travellers that had already come down. He frowned, counted on his fingers and shrugged. "Had I not said dawn?" he queried. "I wonder what is keeping the rest. You all done then? Oh, hello Amos." He greeted the little dark man that had just entered. "How is the captain doing?"

Amos smiled broadly, revealing a nice set of blinking white teeth. "He's just dandy. Did ask to get a move on, though. You missing some people? Im sure we can make up for it! Pardon, gonna grab me a bite."

With those words he disappeared into the part of the inn that was designated to function as a kitchen and came back biting happily into a loaf of bread...missing his moustache.

William never noticed. He gestured towards Janaou. "Could you have a look where the others are? I have not seen Bahjek since last night, nor that girl, Tevis. Not that I'm in a hurry, but we are, more or less."
Janaou

Post by Janaou »

Squinting at William, Janaou nodded and proceeded to his task. He only remembered seeing one of the people he was supposed to fetch. Bahjek was the one tailing Nicadem earlier. Then, just before a fight broke out, the mob swarmed around them like bees. Luckily, William was able to bail them out in ways, Janaou could hardly remember after the blunder he had experienced last night.

A few moments later, he found himself outside Bahjek's room. Janaou slammed his fist into the wood of the door, shouting "Wake up, Bahjek! It's me, Janaou! We're leaving soon."

Without waiting another burn, Janaou moved to the next door over, that he was pretty sure was Tevis's. Repeating his actions as on Bahjek's door, Janaou shouted, "The ship's leaving soon. Wake up, and get packed!"

At that, he turned and headed back into the main room where Nicadem and Natean were waiting. Janaou scanned the room for William and upon spotting him, he spoke with a smirk and said, "They will be with you presently..."
Tevis Adria

Post by Tevis Adria »

Tevis had hardly slept a bit last night. She had finished up her kitchen duties and had packed and then repacked several more times. She was like a kid in a candy store, this was going to be the best adventure yet.
She smiled as she rounded the corner her pack tied tightly in place and warmly called out "Good morning all," she paused "Are we ready yet?"
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

ooc
Due to the 'last week before christmasvacation'-hectics at school, my postingrate will be incredibly low this week. Mostly a question of being tired rather than not having enough time, so no worries :)

Vacation and regular posting coming up!

Syra

Post by Guest »

OOC: Sorry about being gone for so long. Now that finials are over with I hope it won’t happen again. 8)

IC: Bahjek almost jumped out of bed when he realized he wasn't in Taloh Tel'Amrun. The confused Wood Elf looked around the room and tried to regain his senses. Then he remembered the bald man they called William had used magic to get them here. Bahjek decided to walk around the tavern a bit. As he walked round he glanced out of a window and saw it was just before dawn. Bahjek walked out the font door to watch the sun rise.

After watching the sun come up some Bahjek remembered that the William guy said something about meeting around dawn. "Damn it! Oh well, I can get some answers later. Might as well head in." He said to himself. Bahjek saw the group and headed over toward them.

Post by Guest »

Having finished packing, Natean greeted Tevis and Bahjek. His fellow travelers along with Janaou, Nicadem and Palthian. And William, of course. Little William. Natean wondered where he would lead them. To places he had never seen; then again, he had never traveled the world until he chose to leave his hometown for King’s Court. He had yet seen next to nothing. Even King's Court he would have to leave before seeing much more than the Laughing King's Tavern. But had he not stayed here, he probably never had met William either, and had never been on his way searching for Mermaids. Soon they would be on a ship, far out on the ocean.

He looked at his companions. Except for Tevis, they all had elven blood in their veins. Natean was excited at it, yet he did his best to hide it from them. He had barely seen an elf before King’s Court, and now he would travel among some. Although they hadn’t behaved notably different from men, they had still had a hint of the exotic in their faces, in their attitude. At least for the moment. In time, Natean expected to look at them as nothing but friends.

Forcing himself to remain calm and patient, he asked his companions. “Any of you travelled at sea before? I have not, but I do look forward to it, although they say your stomach makes you wish you had never put your feet on that ship during the first days.” It was strange how eager he was to leave now. Only moments ago, and through the night, he had doubted his decision. Now he couldn’t wait to set off. It must be the adventure and the excitement. Those are still new for me. I am not yet comfortable with the fast pace of the vast world.

Right then, though, the pace felt far too slow.
Palthian D'Enthier

Palthian was pondering what he'd gotten himself into, and his companions, for at least the thirty-fifth time. He was deep in thought when a human voice sent the thoughts flying away, like birds from a gunshot. He still wasn't used to seeing humans around... so tall...

As he focused, he noticed Natean. What had he said? "Any of you traveled at sea before? I have not, but I do look forward to it, although they say your stomach makes you wish you had never put feet on that ship during the first days."

Palthian grinned mischievously, saying, "No, I've never been in a boat before, although I have heard similar tales, of some who couldn't keep anything they ate down long at sea. Then there are the storms, and sea monsters..." he trailed off. "All in all, I'd rather be on terra firma, although staying here would ruin the adventure, wouldn't it?" he finished, his smile full of anticipation.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"Sea monsters, that's rich." Amos chuckled, wiping his face without once missing the moustache that had been there a moment before. "Don't you worry, master, we will have a nice trip or so we have been promised!" The rat-faced man finished his little breakfast and sighed contently. "Master Mackeree, are you all set?"

William looked around, his face lighting up at seeing all his companions ready to go. "Yes, we are. Indeed we are." There was a surprised note to his voice as if he could not believe they were actually going.

"Well then," Amos continued, rubbing his hands. "let's go!" With those words he left the inn without waiting for the others to follow, waving at the other inhabitants. William quickly got two of his bags and beckoned the boy that had helped him to take the others. "Yes, let's go." He repeated, still in that amazed tone of voice.

Outside the morningsun continued to warm the lands despite the late time of year. The day promised good things to come and the city was bustling with activity. People hurried through the streets to get their tasks done and Amos hurried through the crowd to get his charge to the ship in one piece. "Come on!" He yelled. He turned towards them, beckoning them to follow, his moustache once again prominently present on his lip.

Post by Guest »

Natean’s attention was soon turned to the rat-faced man with that peculiar small moustache. We will have a nice trip, or so we have been promised, he had said. There will not be much help in a promise when we’re lost at sea, will it? Despite having seen him for the first time only some burns ago, Natean couldn’t help but dislike the man and his apparent cheer already. How he fickled with that moustache of his. How he rubbed his hands. William was of course far too excited at the adventure to notice. Then again, he probably hadn’t noticed anyway.

Assuring himself that there must be better men on the ship than this one, Natean put on his backpack. It didn’t feel the least heavy, such was his mood and his expectations. He picked up the traveling staff he had brought from home. Something told him in the back of his mind that embarking on adventure he knew little of with people he knew little better perhaps wasn’t the cleverest thing he had done. For now though, he didn’t care. Following rat-face and William outside, he let the warming sun embrace his face. The day was still young.

Before continuing into the streets after the others, Natean turned to say goodbye with the Laughing King. His dwelling the few days and nights he had stayed here in King’s Court, it had almost become a second home. A new home. I have abandoned my previous home.

Despite the heat, Natean covered his head in the hood of his cloak. He knew well how his skin suffered under too much sun. Now just a little hunch-backed, Natean shot a last look at the Laughing King’s Tavern, before he turned to follow William and his companions. Although unknowing of it himself, he could very well be mistaken for an old man leaning on his staff, head bowed and covered in the shadows of a deep hood.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 24, 2003 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Palthian D'Enthier

Palthian had been waiting to leave for a while, yet when William actually spoke the words, he felt a twinge of anxiety course through his body. He had been waiting to make something of himself, yet the prospect of going on his first adventure seemed dangerous. The moment passed quickly, though, and he continued on, running to catch up with the rest. He decided that he should get to know some of his co-adventurers.

"So," he said, addressing the group in general, "where are you all from? Myself, I was born in Taloh Tel'Amrun, but after several decades my parents moved out of the capital city, and we lived in a small village in the forest. It is nice to be out traveling, seeing new places and people," he finished.
Tevis Adria

Post by Tevis Adria »

Tevis was too busy going over her supplies in her head to notice the man that was leading the way. When at last they began, Tevis felt a small twinge of something in her stomach. She was just excited, at least that's what she kept telling herself.
The sun wasn't anything new for her, she had always had the redness on her nose and under her eyes. In a few days the color would deepen into a light honey color. While walking, she also turned to see The Laughing King. She sighed, it had been a nice place and when this was all over, she would like to return.
While lost in her thoughts and mindlessly following her travel companions, a voice broke through, "So, where are you all from? Myself, I was born in Taloh Tel'Amrun, but after several decades my parents moved out of the capital city, and we lived in a small village in the forest. It is nice to be out traveling, seeing new places and people,"
Tevis nodded, "It is indeed, I am from a small village about three days walk to the north." She paused and cleared her throat."but, I haven't been back there in a long time" She then waited to hear everyone else.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

"I'm from Muchisle." Amos announced. "But I bet you guessed that already." He grinned and curled his moustache. "I like being on a ship though. Gets you places."

"I don't think they asked you." Mackaree mumbled embarrassed to the ratty man. "These are my travelling companions and as such it is important to know eachother."

"Oh wonderful." The little guy rolled his eyes. "And I'm not travelling with you? Do tell me where I'll be on our ship then!"

William groaned. "I forgot how tiresome you can get! That is not what I meant and you know it!"

Amos shrugged. "Speak what you mean. So, you all feeling like a little travel? Ever been at sea? Get seasick? We might have something for that, you know. Might make you feel rather strange, but it sure helps against the nausea! Wouldn't want to feed the fish what we put inside of you, now would we?" He made retching sounds and laughed at his own joke. He turned around again, walking backwards and motioned at the ones that were somewhat behind. "Come on! We don't have all day!"

Quickly the little agile fellow rounded a corner and waited there for them, his moustache gone once again. The sound of the water hitting the docks echoed between the buildings. More groups were walking around, carrying their loads or finding their way to the ships that were waiting to sail over the famous Mer de la Luna.

"Lookie there!" The darkhaired man cried with pride. "That's our ride! Isn't she a beaut?" He pointed to a threemaster with an eye painted on the bow. The watchful painting was Amunic in it's design yet the ship did not resemble those sailing from the desert lands. It looked very much at home on the waters that had drawn so many cities to their shores. A passengership for sure there was still quite some loading being done. Barrels and crates found their way upon the ship, supervised by a man with an incredible amount of belly and a wild set of curls dancing around his shiny face.

Post by Guest »

Palthian's words puzzled Natean for a moment. After several decades my parents moved out of the capital city, and we lived in a small village in the forest. He knew of course that elves lived far longer than men like him, but still… Without giving it a thought, he had assumed Palthian was about his own age. Several decades! Natean had barely lived two decades. He shot the elves of his company another look from beneath his hood. They were all far older than him, he supposed. He knew that. Of course he knew they must be, but the fact had not occurred to him till now. Decades! I'm clearly not used to the vast world yet, I am rather running headlong into it. He hoped he would be able to take whatever blows he had to in the beginning.

Amos seemed to believe he knew how to handle the world, though. The more the man spoke, the less Natean liked him. And the less time they would spend with him, the better. He was glad to see that William too had no high feelings were the rat-faced man. His mention of their ship caught Natean's attention though.

He had barely seen ships before, yet the first thing he noticed was the eye painted on the bow. Immediately it stirred his imagination and sweeped away all worries of his step into a yet unfamiliar world and all repugnance of Amos. Exotic, enticing and mysterious, this painting was as if taken out from the tales. Exotic tales of countries far, far away. "Master Mackaree?" he asked out of impulse, turning the to balding little man. "Do you know what that symbol - the eye - denotes?"
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

Mackaree chuckled at Natean's enthusiasm. "Why sure," he said, "it's for good luck."

"To see where she is going, to be precise!" The little rat faced man added quickly. "No cliffs for this lady, no sirree!" With that rude interruption he jumped on the plank. "Ahoy! Permission to come aboard?"

The large man leaned over the rail and grinned when he saw Amos. "Permission granted, no doubt, or do you really want me to fetch the captain?"

"No need!" Amos squeaked happily and gestured to the rest of the group. "I'll take full responsibility."

The man on board shrugged good humouredly and resumed his task of overseeing all cargo brought on board.

Meanwhile William was muttering things about people having to learn their place and trying to show off when he knew perfectly well what he was talking about. Finally he relented and went aboard, looking hopefully at the others in case they'd change their minds.

Post by Guest »

Intrigued, Natean scanned the exotic eye at the bow of their ship. Good luck? At least it didnit seem William had cheated on his expertise concerning subjects like this. "Part Time Researcher of Mythology for the little known School of True History." That what his pamphlet back in the Laughing King’s Tavern had said, wasn't it? Back in the Laughing King's Tavern? He realized it had been yesterday. Time was flying when....

His thoughts were interrupted by Amos' yelling as the rat-faced man jumped on the plank. Natean gazed down into the water, listening to the sound of the waves breaking against the docks. The words passing between Amos and the overseer reached his ears none the less. "I'll take full responsibility," Amos assured the large man. Responsibility? Rat-face? If there was something Natean didn't want to see in the hands of Amos, it was responsibility. He hoped William would have the guts to take charge when it was needed.... He noticed a piece of driftwood in the water. Yes, William needed to let everyone know who was the boss, or they would probably end up like that piece of wood, and contrary to driftwood, they would sink.

He looked up at William. The balding man was muttering, irritated. There could be no doubt on whom the words were directed. Good, Natean thought. He pictured that William sooner or later would explode at rat-face. No doubt Amos wouldn't be as confident then as he was now. Behind that self-assured face lay a coward’s face, Natean was sure. What worried him was the time for William's outburst. It might come to late. He decided to keep an extra eye on Amos from now on, and with some words to William he might just be able to expedite a confrontation.

Feeling readied, Natean shot one last look at the eye on the bow before following William onto the ship. Good luck. He figured they would need so, all he could do was try giving luck a little push, and it might just tip in their favour.

Carefully, he took his first steps on the ship. The slight waving made him feel uncomfortable. And we are still laying safely by the docks. "What's her name," he called out to the heavy-set man overseeing the loading, gesturing to the ship. Natean was not going to give up that easily.
Palthian D'Enthier

At first sight of the water, Palthian failed to suppress a gasp. He was used to living in giant forests, where there might be a river or a lake, but never an ocean. He thought of how huge it and the amount of water contained therein must be. The immensity boggled his mind. The sight of the ship did nothing to diminish his astonishment, either. He had read of ships before, but the sight of so much wood not sinking was amazing to him. He noticed the painting on the ship, and it stirred a memory, but he couldn't pin-point it. He didn't spend long thinking about the painting though.

As the party approached the boat, Palthian started realizing that he would soon have to board it, and the more he thought, the more he started disliking the idea. Natean's apparent enthusiasm didn't lighten his outlook, either. He had doubts about the ability of this thing to keep them safe during the journey. When the group got within reach of the vessel, Palthian stifled his fears and took confident strides onto it. The rocking caught him off-guard and he had to lean on the railing, ostensibly surveying the beauty of the ocean. When he had collected himself again, he walked over to William, all the while keeping an eye on Amos, and Natean.

"So, where are we headed now?" Palthian asked of Mackaree, a pleasant grin on his face to mask his growing sea-sickness. "Is there a map?"
Last edited by Palthian D'Enthier on Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

ooc
Boo!
I'll be posting irregularly due to reportcards coming up and kids parents making a pain of themselves.

Probably will lighten up in two weeks.
Syrawenn
Baroness of Creiddyladd

Post by Syrawenn »

When the whole party was on board Amos smiled broadly. "Welcome aboard! I'll see if the captain is free to see you." Completely ignoring Natean's question about the ships name he quickly vanished like a rat, taking the small staircase down into the ship.

The well-fed man looked at the new company and chuckled. "Not used to moving grounds, eh?" He observed as both Palthian and Natean seemed less than confident on deck. "No worries, I think I got just the thing for seasickness, or rather against it. Of course it's not perfect yet, might give you a bit of a headache...interested? Oh, Johnson is the name, Beerbelly Johnson. I think you can guess where I got that name!" He laughed, his belly happily shaking along.

Right then Amos came back from a completely different direction. Instead of taking the stairs back up he came walking from the docks again, this time without his moustache. He smiled amicably at the little group and saluted mockingly to Beerbelly. "Heya, big man. Captain on deck yet?" He looked around.

If Johnson noticed anything strange, he certainly did not show it. Instead he nodded towards the ratty man. "Don't go formal on me or you'll see the bottom of this ship." He threatened with a grin on his shiny face. "Now leave me to my work! And no, captain is downstairs as you well know!"

Not a moment later another person emerged from the staircase. He walked with a suredness that showed his familiarity with the ship. Looking very human he stood almost six foot tall. His blond, short hair did not disguise the little earring the man wore and his twinkling brown eyes looked at the new arrivals with great interest. A hand comfortably resting on the hilt of his rapier, he approached and made a little bow to the men, gently taking Tevis' hand and giving her a formal handkiss, his lips just not touching her skin.

"Greetings, travellers. Allow me to introduce myself: Nathaniel Montega, captain of this fair ship. Please, follow me for a little breakfast." He motioned them to a door next to the staircase and opened it so they could enter first. The interior was simple: a table and a few benches were nailed to the floor. Some sturdy cabinets were locked securely with bolts that were unlikely to open themselves in rough weather. On the walls there were only little decorations: an old, framed map showed a few drawings of strange animals in the seas, a dried rose hang from the ceiling.

"Please, sit down." The captain invited them with a gesture.
Last edited by Syrawenn on Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “On the Road Archive”