Gate Thread: Abu`Sahir - Foreigner's Court

Moderator: Mods

Post by Guest »

To Rok N'aan:

Where do all these half-giants come from? Is there no work left with their own people?, all this spooked through the Magistrate's head, whilst acknowledging the tall man's presence in front of him. He pasted a welcoming smile on his dark, wrinkled face and replied with a lack of enthusiasm: "Greetings young man...Rok N'aan you said?" The Magistrate heard his lowly scribe, seated behind him scratch the details of this dusty traveler down.

"Well then, you're aspiring to become a bodyguard? Surely, a big guy like yourself won't have any trouble finding a wealthy principal. I'd recommend you'd try Anurith's Golden Ram. That's a tavern in the center of town, it should be able to fulfill your needs." Fondly remembering the curvaceous dancing girls there, the Magistrate slowly curled his right whisker around his index finger. Absentminded, he waved Rok N'aan on his way.

OOC: the time stamp will be probably provided when your true adventure starts. Enjoy!
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chachi Will

Post by Chachi Will »

"Jolly ho, good man, excuse me, but do you have in your possesion official papers to show that can assure me this information, that is, name and reason for visit - if I decide to let it go - will be treated confidentally and that the information will not be abused by any hand - till whomever it may belong, state or private or otherwise - in order that my security - from whoever may have interest in the information - shall not suffer, and that insurance will cover my expenses and/or loss if these concerns should be violated in any way?"

Post by Guest »

For Chachi Will:

The Magistrate listened with rising disbelief to the multi-colored outlander at his feet. The man is plainly completely and utterly bonkers. Perhaps I should just throw him into the dungeons, was his contemplation, but then I would have to justify it, write a report. No, no, no, too much trouble, that.

Cursing his chosen profession for the fiftieth time in the last days, the Magistrate released a large sigh. Better to reply akin to this foolishness. Stern faced he said: "Look here, dear chap. I as the Magistrate of Abu'Sahir, holder of this most offical office, authorized and sanctioned by our great leader the holy and blessed Rafao, can garantee that all information collected here will be treated with the upmost respect regarding rules of conduct towards confidentiality and privacy of each and every individual entering our grand city. As to written proof of this fact and any insurance stemming from this; that will not and can not be given! Our government does not, in any circumstance, recognize any responsibilty in, or accountability for, events, possibly or not, originating from this, one of our most respected, age old traditions of offering hospitality." After droning this up he concluded: "So let's put things straight. Your choice is simple. State your name and business in this our holy city of water and gold, or don't and leave through the gates back where you came from. As you can see by the line growing behind you others are leaping at the chance to enter our great capital. Make a snappy decision so I can return to my duties and evaporate this column of weary travelers, as the holy sun takes the water from our dry lands."
Last edited by Guest on Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chachi Will

Post by Chachi Will »

Jolly ho, if this wasn't as fun as a fountain of colours!

"This guy must be seriously blue," said Chachi Will to himself, yet so loudly all the crowd must have heard. "Or is he all green? Probably he ate too many of these exotic olives...or were those oranges? Or is it the heat that makes the blood flow to his head? It must be his black (!) day!"

Accepting the applause, the jester roared: "A fountain of colours!"

Next Chachi Will thought he should brief some of his praise-worthy skills. Noticing the bagpipes were still his hands, a celestial idea of combining this instrument with his excellent ventriloquism immediately came to him. He set it to his mouth and began ventriloquating into the bagpipes.

How would that sound?

"Jolly ho," he ventriloquated into the instrument, making a pretense high-pitched voice. "Fat-neck is a yellow-bellied blue-fish!"
Chachi Will

Post by Chachi Will »

ooc: Any movement here? Any reply? :?: :shock:

Post by Guest »

To Chachi Will:

Still the joker didn't answer his demands for his name and reason to visit the holy city. There didn't seem to be an end to the man's antics. Nettling an official representative of the Rafao was unheard of. The Magistrate was fighting to keep his calm telling himself that this traveller must have a heat stroke of some sorts.

Oh no, not the baggy, squealing thing again, flashed through his mind when he saw the colorful prankster lock his lips around one of the sticks again. Making an attempt to cover his ears he caught the high-pitched noise from the cocky visitor's mouth, or belly or whatever. "Fat-neck is a yellow-bellied blue-fish!" Briefly the Magistrate was stunned into immobility by the indescribable nerve of the man to insult HIM, the Magistrate of Amun'Rah, appointed by the Rafao himself.

Feeling a boiling anger build in his gut, the Magistrate scraped his throat and boomed furiously: "No more jolly ho's for you here, young troublemaker!" He signaled his burly guards to encircle the small figure in front of him. "Tell me your name without delay and I might let your impudence slip...this time. I warn you; do not aggravate me anymore!" The Magistrate peered down at the little agitator with a stern and threatening face, expecting his compliance.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chachi Will

"

Post by Chachi Will »

"Jolly ho," muttered Chachi Will. "Won't the man take a portion of irony?" Immediately he applied a most innocent face. "Yes, sir! One moment, sir!"

The clown found his lute in the backpack. He struck a gentle note. (Had to calm this aggressive fat-neck giant.) "Once upon a time, sir, in a country far, far away, lived a young man imprisoned in a creepy, dark dungeon. That is, there were no locks to the doors, no crocodile-infested trenches to surpass, no guards to be gotten rid of...there was only the curse!" Chachi's voice was almost a whisper now, filled with drama.

"The curse, the curse! For the young man could not leave the creepy, dark dungeon without releasing the curse and springing it upon himself. He did not know the nature of the curse himself, but had heard it was a terrible, horrible, atrocious curse! But then one day came a princess walking by, the young man was thunderstruck by her beauty as he watched her through the narrow window of his cell. Shattered with love the young man exited the prison and released the curse!" Gasp!

"Sadly, the princess didn't find a stinking prisoner very attractive (though he did claim to be a prince), and the young man travelled about in restless agony. Then one day it struck him - what about the curse? He had seen no signs of it yet...or was it perhaps that the princess left him? He prayed for divine guidance..." At this point, the story had entered a gloomy phase. "...and a divine voice came to him: 'Your curse is to forever and ever pester a man named fat-neck in Amun Rah.' This being a course, the young man obliged, and found it was more of a blessing than a curse. Jolly ho!" Now it was all fun. "His name was Chachi Will, and so he complied to the yellow-bellied fat-neck's will."

Striking a few notes at the lute, Chachi let the story sink. Oh, it was a thrilling story. No way he was going to leave that humourless fat-neck with the upper hand.

"Jolly ho!"
Last edited by Chachi Will on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

The Magistrate still fumed as a result of the blackheads taunting. But now at least the man seemed to come to his senses. But that illusion was thoroughly smashed when the prankster grabbed a lute from his backpack and started uttering a ridiculous tale.

As the Magistrate was about to call him to order, once again, the frail figure reached the end of his spectacle and released his name. Relieved that at last he would be rid of this pest, the cold eyed official just barely caught the offensive ending of the tale: "...so he complied to the yellow-bellied fat-neck's will."

Blue eyes opening wide with shock and outrage, he now knew that the joker was asking for it. Thoughts in turmoil, the Magistrate turned over the possibilities of punishment in his head. I'll make him rot in the dungeons, no, I'll enslave him. To the slave-quarters with him. No, nobody in his right mind will purchase this rioter. I've got it! With a wicked smile playing around his tight lips, he roared: "Guards seize this little pest. Chachi Will, I have decided that although you gave me your name, your insolence has to be punished. Nobody, do you hear me, nobody insults a representative of the Rafao scot-free!"

Eying the young man, firmly restrained by his personal guard, a satisfied smile touched his dark wrinkled face. He gestured towards an obscure corner of the Foreigner's Court. "There awaits your punishment. I, Magistrate of Abu'Sahir, appointed by the holy Rafao himself, sentence you, Chachi Will, to the pillory! For two hours you will be displayed, in the hope that you will better your conduct towards others, especially officials of our government". Ending his tirade with a ironic, "enjoy!", the Magistrate motioned his guard to take the nuisance away.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chachi Will

Post by Chachi Will »

"Jolly ho," announced Chachi to the crowd as the guards approached him, his tone dripping with sarcasm. Grabbing the bagpipes, he blew infernally before making a face made to look like fat-neck. He raised his shoulders so that his neck disappeared.

"Guards seize this little pest. Chachi Will, I have decided that although you gave me your name, your insolence has to be punished. Nobody, do you hear me, nobody insults a representative of the Rafao scot-free!"

"There awaits your punishment. I, Magistrate of Abu'Sahir, appointed by the holy Rafao himself, sentence you, Chachi Will, to the pillory! For two hours you will be displayed, in the hope that you will better your conduct towards others, especially officials of our government. Enjoy!"

Post by Guest »

Feeling quite cock-a-hoop with himself, the Magistrate watched how the motley blackhead was dragged away. 'He will get what he deserved. Hmm, I know how to get even more satisfaction out of this all. I do think I deserve that at least!' He motioned one of his lowly slaves. "Here, go over to the fruit'n'veg stalls, buy some nice, big tomatoes and the like. After that you just start handing them out to the populace near the pillory. I want Chachi's time there to be worthwhile", with these words he handed over a few coins. "Well, be on your way now!"

With a gleefull grin on his wrinkled face the Magistrate watched his henchman make his way towards the first brightly coloured fruit stall. Satisfied that his honour had been sufficiently defended by his actions, he turned his attention on the next dust stained traveler.Feeling sure that the display of power had cowed the rest of the wanderers satisfactorily, he demanded: "Name and reason of visit, if you please!"
Last edited by Guest on Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gorgoniy

Post by Gorgoniy »

OOC: this is funny...

IC:
A small figure was the first to step past the covert thread still poisoning the air in front of the magistrate. Broadcasting his race were two large, hairy feet covered in grime and dust. Other than that the halfling didn't look like any halfling that had visited Abu'Sahir before. Usually they had the obvious air of farmers and shepherds about them, but the man presenting himself to the registration-stand clearly had veered away from tradition.

His whole being seemed saturated with salty seawater. Black curls had been bleached and pickled until he was left with a black pepper-like pigmentation. The right hand was gone and replaced by a vicious looking hook, calling forth visions of howling pirates. All in all the figure looked like an old Jack Tar.

Gorgo firmly planted his giant right foot forward. Vargas would be disappointed in me if I let this sand-chewer cow me! His unexpected low voice rumbled: "Gorgoniy, bad luck."
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

OOC: Isn't it though? Hehe. Welcome to Abu`Sahir. PM or IM me if you have any questions!

IC:
The magistrate was still a bit chipper after having proven his point, and as he turned to the newly approaching Gorgoniy, he smiled. "Welcome to Amun Rah, and to Abu`Sahir, Gorgoniy Badluck." He jotted down what he thought was a name with his long feathered quill. "And your reason for coming to our fair city?"

Though he called it a fair place, Abu`Sahir was just like any other city, and it's seedy underbelly was oft seen, especially in the poorer section of town. An official like the magistrate would realize little of that, however. He had grown accustomed to his pampered lifestyle.

He moved his hand a bit in anticipation of writing down the next bit of information, the red plume shifted as the air caught it.

As good of a mood that had overcome him, however, he couldn't help but look at the little fellow queerly, particularly of the hook. One of his brows raised punctually as he looked down on the halfling's dirty feet and hardened exterior. He's practically cured for cellar storage with all of that salt...
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Gorgoniy

Post by Gorgoniy »

The salted halfling blinked not expecting the cheery mood that had overcome the city official. Then the man's words sank into the deep shell covered bottom of his mind. Gorgoniy Badluck? No, no, no, that's completely wrong you camel-humper! His mouth gaped open resembling a yawning whale, but before he could throw out a vicious remark he clamped his teeth together. The cheering of the crowd at the pillory, reminded him of the toll for ruffling the magistrate.

Gorgo looked at the magistrate with blazing eyes unable to disguise the temper boiling behind them. His face however remained as cold and flat as an ice floe. With a tiny smile he tried to rectify the man's mistake: "Esteemed Magistrate, you are mistaken. My name is Gorgoniy, and my reason for visiting your beloved city is 'bad luck'." Bad luck indeed! His last captain had decided that his hobby was not fit for the ship's deck. How could he? I always watch the smoldering cinders! He just needed an excuse to be rid of me, that has to be it. Aaargh, what an imbecile, he truly is an enormous pickle-head!
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

The magistrate took on a indifferent exterior as he looked at the short fellow on the other side of his podium. "Name a real reason for coming into the city, or you'll end up back in the ocean you crawled out of, half-pint." He replied sourly as licked his lips.

Almost as soon as he had done so, one of his slaves lifted a goblet of fresh, clean, clear water to him, which he drank with little enjoyment. "Aside from that, everyone has a full name, are you hiding from the law, you pirating hoodlum? Is that why you refuse to offer a full name?"

Already he had pulled out another parchement and his eyes were falling down a list. Gorgoniy could just see through the thin parchment paper, but as he worked his way down the list, the top of the page turned to expose several words: Pirates, looters, and convicts. The only one he knew was pirates, it was hard not to. Most every port had a sign hanging warning the lot not to enter on pain of death, and Amun Rah was no different. He was busily scanning the list looking for Gorgoniy's name.

"..You're lucky. I don't see it on here." He peered down at the bright blue eyes of the handicapped halfing. "Let's say you are sightseeing, alright?" He scratched it down, not wanting to spend any more time on the stocky creature. "Move it along!"

"Next!" He bellowed to the line.

OOC: Feel free to start your own thread, or join the "thread already in progress" for some PC interaction. Gravetide Market is the name, better get in while the action is still hot!
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

Reinhard wasn't completely surprised. Maybe a little, but not completely. He had already given up on the notion of sanity and logic. The events of the past day and night had made no sense whatsoever; kidnapped by some strange men, attacked by a building, and now teleported to some strange place. Maybe this was a world inside the manor or something.

In any case, all he could do now was look around, and find out what was going on. He looked all around, noting the man with the long beard and his words. Summoning up his courage (and what little remained of his sanity), the young elf proceeded up to the man, nodding.

"Eh, greetings. I am, ah, Reinhard. I don't really have a reason for entering, I just ended up here. So I suppose my reason would be seeking shelter. And food."
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

The guard seemed quite perturbed when Reinhard approached. It was the look of someone that truly hated the day, but still he looked up at the Achadiel with a stoic look. A obvious confused look crossed both of the nearby guards at his statement. How do you get here, unless you mean to? Maybe he is an escaped slave for some caravan? He doesn't hold himself like a slave, yet I should be cautious anyways.

"You have no reason to be here? Where did come from..Reinhard, was it? You seem to be quite far from your own lands to be lost. How did you come to Amun Rah?" The guard asked in a serious tone. The voice was not threatening, so much as it was military-sounding.
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Avatar by the wonderful Finn. Much thanks!!
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

Reinhard was not certain how much he could tell the guard. Yet if he was trapped in some strange world built within the mansion, the guard could simply be an illusion, a magical creation. On the other hand, maybe the mansion had simply blasted him back into some strange part of World's Mouth, and he had been knocked out from the fall.

"Well ah, I'm not certain to tell the truth." The half-elf put one hand to his head and winced. "Last thing I remembered I was in World's Mouth, near Southbridge. Then I ended up here."

"Which part of World's Mouth is this?"
Last edited by Reinhard on Mon May 02, 2005 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

The guard looked even more confused with the mention of World's Mouth. The other guard came over and whispered something in his ear. The first guard nodded his head and spoke bitterly towards Reinhard.

"World's Mouth? This is the eastern part of it, so much east that we are in the Seven Isles. You are about sixteen or seventeen days away by boat, less if you crossed the deserts of the Western Kingdom. This is Abu'Sahir, capitol of the great nation of Amun Rah. How does one get from World's Mouth to Amun Rah without knowing it? Are a spy from the Western Kingdom?" The guard stared at him, watching him intently. He did not seem to regard the half-elf as a spy, but seemed to be trying to shake him.
[color=green]Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something right." [/color]

Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

"Spy? Huh?" Reinhard's confusion was more at his location rather than the comment about being a spy. "That's quite far from World's Mouth."

"No...I don't think I'm a spy. I mean, I just woke up here. I can't remember what happened." Reinhard rubbed his head again, frowning. He needed to get away from this guard first, and figure out what was happening. It was never good to involve other people, especially guards, in such matters.

"Maybe I got attacked or something. There were some men chasing me, but I should've lost them. Uggh, my head. Do you know whhre the nearest tavern is? I'm in need of a good night's rest."
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

The guard had serious doubts about the new man, but knew that it would be no good keeping him at the gates. He scribbled out a pass on a piece of parchment and handed it to Reinhard. He spoke in a serious, gruff tone as he gave it to him.

"I'll make sure the guards are keeping an eye on you, so don't try anything in here. One little slip and I'll make sure you spend the rest of your time in the dungeon. If you want a place to go, I suggest you try Anurith's Golden Ram." The guard gave him another menacing look as he tried to figure out just who Reinhard was. "You'll find it just down the street." He proceeded to give Reinhard directions to the tavern.

ooc- Welcome to Amun Rah and have fun. I'll even start you a thread, but Ash will be modding you. :D

Skay

Post by Skay »

Skay rode to the place which seemed to be overwhelming with all kinds of sites and sounds. She had never seen so many people in one place, nor so many wonderful goods, for which her heart beat faster. One day, some far, far away day she would be rich and could buy everything, but not yet. Jumping off of her horse, Skay walked to the man who seemed to be in such a dire need of knowing everything about people who entered this place. "Skay is the name. I come from the village not too far from here. As for why I am here, I wish to see something more than the place where I grew up and make a living of my own. As well as rest in one of your taverns."

With a smile not disappearing from the girl's face, the half elf waited for the man to give whatever instructions he had and let her go. Finally after riding for what felt too long, she could get some sleep and rest in a tavern. A tavern! Her village didn't even have one. Ah, maybe life would be good after all, away from her parents, away from the daily life. This would be something new. Even if she would only get burnt and would have to go back home, this was still a great new experience, which would change her life, her look on life. If not, then she would not lose anything either.
Vanir Alfheim
Priest of Joy

Post by Vanir Alfheim »

Skay could only see two guards at the gate, a young man with sandy blonde hair and an older soldier with salt and pepper hair. It was quite that the older soldier was in charge from the way he held himself. The young soldier smiled at Skay as she spoke to them. He spoke in a soft, kind voice to the young lady.

"Good day, Miss Skay. Welcome to Abu'Sahir. What kind of living do you seek in our city?" The soldier was pleasant and smiled at Skay. The older soldier grunted and looked at his partner. The older soldier's voice was gruff and bitter. "Just give her the pass, Ahman. We don't have time for this."

Ahman, the young soldier, had a slight blush to cheeks after being chastised by his superior. He finished scribbling the last notes onto her pass, before handing to her. "Here you go, miss. If you are seeking a tavern, try the Golden Ram. It is where I go for a drink and they will treat you well there."

Skay

Post by Skay »

"I really do not know, sir. A good one. I need to get used to the city before I consider what I really want." The girl answered with a smile. As the older soldier spoke up, Skay glanced at him, not taking long to find out who was the superior here and that by chatting she might only get the younger one into trouble.

So with a polite nod, she took the pass and placed it in her pocket. "Thank you very much, Ahman." A slight nod to the other soldier and the girl went on. She had things to do after all, so chatting might not have been the wisest choice either way. The reins of her horse in her hand, she made her way to the city of Abu'Sahir. She might just try the tavern that she was suggested.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: after this PC the seminar student Aislinn will take over temporarily :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

The Magistrate perched himself on the stool behind the podium, tugging his white robe straight. The fingers of one hand twitched agitatedly at his long whiskers as he yawned. With a sour expression that made his wrinkled features shrivel further, he dismissed the two soldiers with a flick of his fingers as he resigned himself to a return to the sun's pounding rays.

He gestured the next person forward, settling paper and quill before him in preparation. "Name and reason for venturing to the Rafao's land, please." His voice rasped out the statement, the heat already parching his throat. A servant scurried forwards to set a leather flask in the shade of the podium. Hard blue eyes peered from beneath a bald pate which reflected the sun almost as brilliantly as his garments.

"Come along then, I haven't all tide..." A finger taps impatiently on the podium as the man peers up at the newcomer.

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”