Q&A

Moderator: Mods

goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Erm.... can one one you mods tell us where are we on the isle?

I think it will help us if we'll know where is this oasis.
Ashari
Moderator & Coordinator Mer Cities

Post by Ashari »

Now where is the fun in that? The elves don't know where they are yet, so neither do you. :wink: Want to learn more about your locale? Trying finding the answers IC. Good luck.
[color=#000000][i]"What of the soul was left, I wonder, when the kissing had to stop?"[/i]
-- Robert Browning. [/color][size=75][i]Avatar by: [url=http://vyrl.deviantart.com/]vyrl[/url][/i][/size]
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

I meant that you'll give us this information OOC. But do whatever you think is right :)
Phaenna Rolichain

Post by Phaenna Rolichain »

My computer has been giving me a lot of trouble :evil: and it's been several weeks since I last posted. I'm just now getting around to trying to catch up on what's happened since then. Is there anything major that I should be especially aware of before posting - just in case I miss it in my reading?

Oh, and in case I disappear without warning again, it won't be voluntarily. (I swear my computer has a mind of its own...) Hopefully it won't come to that, but you never know.
Lírariel Táraúmanyar

Post by Lírariel Táraúmanyar »

Phaenna!! :D I wondered what had happened, one minute you where here and then *poof* gone! ( :( ).

A LOT has happened, yes, since you were away. The Oasis has been scouted, creatures discovered, an encounter with humans and even a visit from the Gods. But all those threads have been closed off, as a new timestamp is introduced.

I think [url]this https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=5499[/url] that should bring you up to speed, from there you can choose where you would like to assert yourself :D

Glad to have you back!!. *huggles*
Phaenna Rolichain

Post by Phaenna Rolichain »

Thankies! :D
Ulder
Erstwhile Soldier

Post by Ulder »

Yay! Phaenna has returned! We need lots-o-help, so get your bearings and then get to work! :wink:

Glad to have you back!
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Welcome back Phaenna!!!!

Just thought about you not a long time ago, was quite worried from your leaving, I was afraid something had happen.. But now when I know everything is okay I can just welcome you back to the big O....

I'll hope you'll catch up and have so much fun as we have around here....

And just: BE HAPPY!!!

P.S.: Again.. welcome back... glad to see you are with us again..

Golden :D
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Post by Raevyn D`Altamooriana »

Welcome back!
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

© Marta @ www.marta-dahlig.com
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

:( Was connectionless for about the past two weeks, sorry y'all. Sis just got hers back yesterday, and mine should be back in a months time, less than actually.

Basically that means that for the next few weeks I'll be posting as sporadicially as I have been in the past, but once I get mine back I'll be an everyday'er again.
The fiddler fiddled his violin which smelled horribly like fresh afterbirth boiled in cabbage.

Thorus Ironhammer

Post by Thorus Ironhammer »

I have a slight dilema, which I hope one of the GM's or AGM's can clarify for me. Raevyn has just posted in the "Evading Alarum ~ Third Day of Exile, Morningtide" a post that will change things for Thorus in the "Cloud of War ~ 3rd day of Exile ~ Late tradetide ~ all PCs". Thorus would have gone to the scene of the battle with Raevyn, as she requested of them in her last post. What should I do?
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Continue as you are in the Cloud of War, this is commonly called a time knot, but this one is easier to untangle, because you have already taken action in a later thread. So just continue as you are in the battle thread.
"...war is the last flower on the evil tree."-- Betrand Russel
Thorus Ironhammer

Thanks Jadmai. I am waiting on a the outcome of Thorus' last action, which does not seem to have been covered in any of the GM's post since I wrote it.
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Thorus, it's just been served up, pipin' hot, just for you :wink:
Raevyn D`Altamooriana
Mercenary

Grrrr I HATE trying to play catch up... **curses lack of net at home**

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

I hope everybody read my update in the announcement thread :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Welll... just wondering but....

Erm.. you keep telling us about the Quest this,,, the quest that...

And when we are really ready to start it you say we cant????

I mean..... what the hell is going in the Oasis?????

*A confused player* :D
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Goldentree, I am sorry you are confused.

However this 'quest thing' was the gathering of the rose stones.

Being ready is something, or preparing is something that could have happened the first marks after you were brought to Oasis.

You are being told you can't because of the lack of in character actions on the whole of the Oasis, reguarding the stones, and there purpose.

I tried to steer several people towards the stones, but to no avail, a mod can only steer to much, before we start doing something called 'god modding' or basicly playing the game for the player.

These reasons are why the quest, cannont finished favourably as some may have thought.

And as always IC actions have their consequences, as do lack of action.

Sincerely,

Jadmai
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

So you are basically saying that the world will fall into darkness and we cant do anything about that? I mean we are ready to go, and we were about to do this before this new thing had popped up.

Now there is almost no chance that we will be able to start the quest, and someone will try, he will almost surely die.

All of the mods action brought us to a state when we were about to go, it was like we had a hand on the door nob that will lead us to the quest, but now the door is barged and sealed, and we cant do anything to open it up.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

Goldentree,

I am sorry to see you think you cannot do things. From the moment elves arrived at the Oasis all kinds of twists and turns were open to them. They still are, but as Jad said.. the lack of coherent and wise action so far has made some IC consequences unavoidable. Our rules stipulate we warn you OOC for such happenstances.

Just to be clear on this.. the elves of the Oasis had many alternatives, and some were rather forcefully suggested by NPC's.

What confused me is that you are still thinking terms of starting a quest. The quest has already begun ages ago, and it looks like it is failing (which is a pity for the IC consquences do not limit themselves to the Oasis). This is what the elves have been doing since the 29th of february real life. That was 3 months ago :)
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]
goldentree

Post by goldentree »

Well, actually I understand what happens. I know that everything wasn't going smooth in the oasis and we probably didn't do a lot of things we should not had done and didn't do thing we should had done.

But the thing that makes me confused is that we were about to go and look for the stoned, the task that we are there for, but now this had came.

Maybe I'm not just a good role player, but I don't see what we could have done when we were in the caves. This was the thing that urged us to move, and many PCs had made posts saying that they will follow.

I don't know where this plotline will lead us, but I am guessing that it will lead us away from the stones, which will cause the world to fall in darkness, something that I don't think anybody of us wants, especially when there are people who said they will help, but now they cant.
Grant
Retired Game Designer

Post by Grant »

I guess the mistake you're making is that this was the planned result, Goldentree. It was not. In fact, we had long since prepared for any eventuality, with failure given the same possibility as success. The community in the Oasis was presented a task three months ago (February 29th), and while that task could not be completed in that time frame, the task could easily fail at any time. In this case, the elves failed to mitigate a solution to the local response (the army), and the Rafao of Amun Rah will make the Oasis Project impossible from this point forward.

I think it's safe to say that the staffers were generally unbiased as to how this plotline ended. They acted upon the facts presented and drew the thread to it's absolute conclusion. IC actions will always have IC consequences, and now that the task is left undone, the next direction you should consider is how this will affect tazlure, and how the coming darkness can be stopped. Remember that as a pc, you ultimately have as much control over the games direction as we do.

I hope that helps, Goldentree! Good luck in your adventures, and be careful: the desert of Amun Rah is still very dangerous!

-Grant
Thorus Ironhammer

Heya all.

Well that was a surprise. I must say I have to agree with Goldentree, to a certain extent. I fully understand that IC actions have IC consequences, but from the point that we arrive in the cave and then there was talk of looking for the Stones, I can see little that should have led to this conclusion.

There were actions and conversation between characters, after it was agreed that a search for the Stones was essential asap, but in real time I can't see how this could have taken more that ten minutes or so.

Anyway, enough of my views. I have to add that the mods have been good and I've enjoyed the time in the Oasis. Thanks guys. But what happens to the characters now?
Jadmai
Civus

Post by Jadmai »

Well, actually Thorus, the quest for the stones, came with coming with the Oasis, so it was three days taz time. Three months RL time, and no stone but, that is past.

As for what happens now, I guess you shall have to wait and see ;)
Thorus Ironhammer

Thats a fair point Jadmai and point taken. I think what has to be remember is that what happened to us after being brought to the Oasis was quite a shock to our system, it was for me anyway. There seemed to be so much that needed doing and we had no real idea of the priority in which these needed to be done.

It was so easy to be led away from a task and get bogged down in discussion and mundane actions. I do wonder why all this came to pass, but except it graciously.
Last edited by Thorus Ironhammer on Sun May 30, 2004 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Amun Rah Archive”