Rimehold, North Star Tavern: Miscellaneous (Samheen 15th)

Moderators: Vanadius, Mods

Anarie Laezuriel

Post by Anarie Laezuriel »

Lirahn laughed as the elf waved at them. "Ye want to go over and sit with em so ye can look at her pretty face close up?" The younger Evan blushed crimson. "No." Lirahn picked up his ale and his brother's and walked over to the table. He gave Scatha a wink before sitting down. He had to sit rather awkward to make his long legs fit under him. He smirked at Evan still sitting at the other table. "Get over here ya fool!" Evan nearly turned the color of a tomato and slowly walked over to the table where the three ladies sat. He seemed to be taking an intense interest in his feet.

Lirahn always the charmer spoke first. "Well we t'aint seen lassies as luvly as ye all are in a coon's age. Makes for nicer scenery. Evan t'aint never seen an elf so ye'll 'ave to be excusin his dopey face."
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha gave the older man her best smile as he walked over to join them; "Your friend looks hot," she said teasingly. "I didn't notice it was that warm in here... unless there is something else raising his temperature?" As she said this, Scatha winked at Arvana. "I don't think we caught your names," she continued brightly. "I'm Scatha, this is Ellena, and our friend Arvana asked you over." Scatha reached over and poked the younger man; "She's pretty, isn't she? Why don't you tell her so?" Satisfied that she'd stirred up enough embarrassment for one morning, Scatha sat back to watch the younger man's response...
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image by kind permission of Peter Town - check out his great work at Elfwood!

"Cleavage & attitude can carry a girl a *long* way"
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

Ellena greeted the two as they sat down to join them and Scatha introduced them all. She almost giggled at the younger man's obvious discomfort, but somehow stopped herself and instead smiled sympathetically - it looked as if the poor man had enough to contend with just now! Exchanging a mildly amused look with Scatha, the redhead also waited to see how he would respond to all the good-natured teasing.

Post by Guest »

Arvana sat back in her chair, as the two gentlemen made their way over. She watched them with pleasure, giggling inside. Seeing the younger one's discomfort, made her smile gently.
"No need to be 'Barssed. I wont harm you."
She nodded as Scath introduced her.
Anarie Laezuriel

The female dominance in Trothgard could be a little overbearing at times and Evan found himself intimidated by the three women at the table. Still, he could not keep his blue eyes from finding Arvana's lovely face. Without thinking what he was saying he blurted out, "Ye are the most beautiful creature I ever seen." Lirahn laughed and when Evan realised what he had said he felt the need to squirm under the table. His broad form would not fit under there but he still wanted to.

Lirahn was smiling quite pleased at being seated at a table with not one, but three pretty ladies. He said as much to the cute Scatha. "Ye all are such doves that we can't help but be awestruck ya know. Especially you blondie." He gave a wink at Scatha. He turned an eye to Ellena regarding her deeply for a moment. "Ye know 'ere in Trothgard it is said to be good luck to have been given the kiss of flame haired lass. Since me an me brother are goin huntin later I be wonderin if ye could bless us with yur luck."
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha returned the older brother's wink; she'd been called lots of things before, not all of them very nice, but she'd never been called a dove before. Weren't they supposed to be soft, white, fluffy creatures the epitomised love? Scatha wasn't sure, but she did know that they tasted good. Maybe he meant that he thought she would taste nice. Her smile grew even wider as she heard Lirahn's splendid excuse for a kiss from Ellena. "I suppose that all depends," she giggled, "on exactly what you're hunting for..."
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

As Lirahn looked at her intently, Ellena blushed under his gaze and then giggled as he tried his luck. A little embarrassed yet entering into the spirit of things, she laughed at Scatha's words and then turned her own gaze on the elder of the two brothers, a slight twinkle in her eyes.

"Well, not being from these parts, I haven't heard that one before!" she smiled, before adding teasingly, "And what about me - does it bring me luck too or do I just have to settle for knowing I've bestowed that blessing on you two?"

She looked at him expectantly, but before he could answer, she giggled again. "Oh, and are there any other customs in Trothguard that we should be aware of?"

Post by Guest »

Arvana, watching the the younger male, blushed at his openness. Smiling, and sits up a bit straighter and giggles. "Thank-you."

Watching the older brother flirt, she cant help but notice Scatha and Ellena blushing a bit, like she. <I>A kiss....that's cute.</I>

"Com'n Ellena, give 'im a kiss."
Anarie Laezuriel

Evan seemed to remember his place at Ellena's question of customs. "Has no one told ye me lady? Tis not our place to be telling ye then. Ajiira watched all this from her spot behind the bar. She was wiping down the wood with a wet rag. "Aye. Ye all' be knowing soon enough. I hear tell that ye are to go visit with the Kona." Lirahn let out a gurgle of surprise. "Well skin me and let me dry! Ye all three, seeing the Kona. Tis assured that ye all be blessed folks and I have to be near begging for that kiss now." He rolled his arm over his face melodramaticaly. "Oh woes me, for the lady will ne'er be giving me a kiss o' her fair lips. I be goin to me doom, un lucky! He peered through his slitted eyes watching to see what the red-head would do. Evan laughed at his brother. "Ye be half baked fur sure, ye sod!" Lirahn slapped his brother on the back, and Evan choked until he regained his composure and the were laughing until tears ran from their eyes.

Ellena had askes them if it brought any luck to her. You be happy knowin ye made me the 'appiest man e'er alive lassie." Lirahn spoke dramaticaly, his deep voice rumbling from his chest.
Last edited by Anarie Laezuriel on Wed May 05, 2004 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha couldn't help but join in their laughter; they reminded her of her own brothers, joing around the kitchen table in Dort. "Hex spoke of the Kona, when we on the ship" she mused out loud. "She's your queen, isn't she? Is she very grand? Does she wear a crown?" She nudged Evan; "I've met the King before," she said confidentially. "He's very handsome... but then, so are both of you."

Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

Unaware of the significance of the Kona, that piece of information initially passed over Ellena as she was distracted by the antics of the elder of the two men. She couldn't help laughing merrily at his antics although, as she watched the brothers laughing heartily together, for a second she wistfully wished her own family had seen some of that merriment and the ability to share it. Shrugging that thought away, she swatted Lirahn's arm to stop his little drama.

"Enough of the theatrics!" she giggled before adding teasingly, "After all, surely you do not think me so cruel as to send you to your doom?"

Still playing along with his joking, Ellena leaned over to give him the kiss he had asked for; her lips grazing the corner of his mouth fleetingly before she sat back, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"If that makes you the happiest man alive, you must be very easy to please!" she said with a little laugh.

Hearing Scatha elaborate on the Kona they were apparently to visit, she looked surprised.

"The queen? Why would she want to see us?" she asked, a little nervous at the thought of meeting someone so important.
Brynhild da`Waelkyrige

Post by Brynhild da`Waelkyrige »

Brynhild soon found herself wandering towards the tavern, curiosity drawing her. She had heard the rumours of a wood elf that had arrived here, a victim of a shipwreck on one of the many dangerous reefs that lurked in the depths along the coast. Pushing aside the heavy wooden doors, she entered, just in time to catch the word "Kona" spoken by one of her clansmen. That was when she noticed the stranger women sitting at the bar, accompanied by two of her clansmen, Evan and Lirahn So'Waelkyridge. She couldn't help but smile at the obvious discomfiture of the men as they were confronted by the trio of women, one of whom was somewhat smaller and of darker complexion than the others. Her eyes widened as the realization dawned on her that that must be the wood elf that she had heard rumours of. "Now, what is this I hear about someone going to see the Kona?" she asked.
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha clapped her hands to her face in mock outrage; "Ellena! How could you? Now these decent people will think we're women of ill repute." Scatha didn't actually know what a lady of ill-repute was, but she'd heard her brothers talking about them, and they seemed to quite like them, so she guessed it must be something to do with kissing. She pursed her lips at Ellena's question; "I don't know why the Kona wants to see us... maybe she wants to find out what we're doing here, I suppose." Scatha was about to ask Ellena what a woman of ill-repute actually was when a newcomer approached them, a young woman with pale ash blonde hair, asking about the Kona. Scatha looked at her hair enviously; I wish my hair was as straight as that... most of the time, Scatha's hair looked like polecats had been trying to make a nest in it. "The woman who brought us here said we had to see the Kona... I don't suppose you know why, do you?" she asked...
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Wed May 05, 2004 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brynhild da`Waelkyrige

Brynhild kept staring at the wood elf, even though she knew it was far from polite to do so, and was startled out of her reverie by one of the visitors, a petite, green-eyed blonde with her hair in a mass of snarls. "The woman who brought us here said we had to see the Kona... I don't suppose you know why, do you?" she asked

"Aren't you the folk who washed up on our shore?" she asked. Without waiting for a reply, she continued, "It's customary for visitors to present themselves before the Kona on their first visit to Trothgard." Seeing looks of befuddlement on the visitors, she elaborated. "She's our headwoman, the ruler of all the clans in Trothgard. And these two," and she turned to the two men, "are fellow kindred of mine. If they give you any trouble, just let me know and I'll get them back in line." This was said with a playful wink and an envious glance at Evan's newly acquired hippogriff feather. Of course she knew that she actually had very little power to do anything of that nature, being just sixteen and not yet a full clan member. "I'm Brynhild da' Waelkyrige," she said, holding out her hand and forearm for the traditional handshake.
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

"I'm Scatha," Scatha replied with smile, taking Bryhild's hand. "This is Ellena, and this is Arvana - she's pretty, isn't she?" Scatha winked at Evan, hoping to produce another blush. "You're right - we were washed up when our ship was wrecked. Your people have been very kind to us... I hope we can repay you all someday." Scatha looked at Brynhild; "I love your hair," she said enviously. "You should wear a feather in it, like your two men here... where do you get them from?"
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Thu May 06, 2004 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brynhild da`Waelkyrige

She nodded as Scatha named her friends, noticing how when she introduced the she-elf she turned to wink at her discomfited kinsman Evan. Then it was her turn to blush as Scatha complemented her on her hair. "Why, thank you -- I just guess I was born with it, that's all." What she did not say was that there was some talk of her unusually pale hair and fair features being marks of the Ice Goddess' favour.

The blush quickly turned crimson when the subject of the feather came up. "Oh, they're special feathers -- you have to earn them and I'm not old enough yet." She shot a glance at Evan and Liranh, begging for support.
Last edited by Brynhild da`Waelkyrige on Thu May 06, 2004 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Arvana sits quietly, watching as the new girl came into the tavern. As Scatha introduced her, she nodded but looked over the girl carefully. She saw that she was being stared at, but did mind, as it had happened in the past.
At Scatha's comment, she giggled a bit, and turned her eyes over to Evan.
Anarie Laezuriel

The two brothers went to reply but were stopped as the door to inn swung open. A chilled breeze entered the tavern, swirling about the patrons before stopiing when the door once again shut. There stood most of the Bergliin family in all their blonde glory. In fact the only two that were not blonde were the elder male of the family, Sartonis by name, and his youngest and wildest daughter, Hex.

Greetings Ajiira. Bring us some ale, all around." The petite slave woman nodded and jogged across the wooden floor to fetch the spirits. Sartonis cast a wandering eye on the four women, and two men seated at the table. Hex's friends stood out like a lone star in a night skying. Fitting for the place they now stood. "So, ye be the foreigners."
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha pursed her lips as she saw Hex walk in; the last time she'd seen her, the red head had suggested that she and Ellena and Arvana be taken as slaves. This had come as something of a shock, especially after their experiences together on the Dark Whisper. Judging by the similiarity between Hex and the other people who entered, it looked as if she'd brought her family with her. When the oldest of the newcomers addressed them, Scatha pointedly ignored Hex; "Yes... we were washed ashore when our ship was wrecked. I was just saying how kind the people of Trothgard have been to us..." Scatha glared at Hex; "Well, most of them, anyhow."

Post by Guest »

Taking her eyes away from Evan, she looks over at the people who had entered the tavern. Seeing Hex amoung them, she turns her gaze back to Evan. Thoughts flew through her head. <I>What does she want? How could she betray us? Who are those people with her? Must be her family. All look the same.</I> She moves her eyes back to the group, looking them over and nodding to Scatha's answer. Backing it up with her own, she smiles slightly. "We just here 'cause crashed. Just wanted food."
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

Ellena giggled merrily at Scatha's feigned look of outrage and then greeted Brynhild following the introductions. As the door opened and a cold wind was allowed entrance, she gave a little shiver and turned to see who was there. Catching sight of Hex and such an imposing group of people she assumed must be her relations, Ellena immediately became a little anxious - she had not forgotten Hex's suggestion that she, Arvana and Scatha should become slaves and she hoped that the woman had not convinced her clan to think likewise.

Nevertheless, she did not want to give away her nervousness and so simply answered cooly, "Yes, we're the foreigners." before sitting back to see what would happen.
Hex da`Bergliin
Warrior Priest

Post by Hex da`Bergliin »

(Hex from: Rimehold, Bergliin Tents: Hex (Samheen 14th))

Hex's eyes adjusted to the light inside the inn. Her fathers announcement boomed through the inn as the patrons there stopped to bring their attention to her family, a thing they had become accustom to. Hex upon seeing the pent up anger and confused looks on her former shipmate could not contain her self any longer and roared with laughter.

"Father, these are not foreigners, they are my friends and friends to whom I owe an apology."

As Hex spoke she moved across the room. Her sisters had been able to find a simple woven dress of a solid blue. Hex had tied it at the waste with a wide swath of dark leather, her hair was done up at her temples with many small braids woven into one with her green ribbon. She had let the back hang loose, now almost touching her buttocks. Looking a little out of place in the dress and moving like she should be wearing pants, Hex moved to stand before her friends.

Hands on her hips, the awkwardness of apologizing coming through in her voice.

"I owe you all an apology. I was not myself when the ship hit the shore and many things have changed since I left home. That should have not mattered though as once I called you friend and would like to do so again. I misused our friendship without cause, for that I am sorry. Ellena, Scatha and Arvana, I hope you can over look this incident and we can rekindle our friendship."

I was obvious that Hex was not accustom to loosing face to anyone, let alone in public. One could see her looking around the room as she spoke making it very clear that if there was a single snicker or whisper of weakness that she would unleash wrath upon them.
Last edited by Hex da`Bergliin on Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
~
[i]The [b]Kona[/b] is dead, long live the [b]Witches[/b][/i]
Brynhild da`Waelkyrige

Brynhild turned around in her seat as the cold blast from outside rushed into the room, revealing most of the Bergliin clan, with the red-haird Hex in the van. "So, ye be the foreigners," boomed the clan elder, his voice used to overcoming the clang and clatter of the smithy. The newcomers answered quietly and calmly, then Hex began her apology, which Brynhild listened to with wide eyes. She had always heard of Hex as being the uppity one of the clan, not content with the limits that living in Trothgard entailed. She watched as the young woman, looking singularly uncomfortable in a simple blue dress, apologized for some sort of earlier behaviour that had happened in the wreck. Although she was familiar with the idea that people who were washed ashore were generally taken in as slaves, the idea never crossed her mind, particularly after Hex's speech. She began to wonder if the newcomers would be sponsored by one of the clans, most likely the Bergliin one, and made into full Trothgarders or whether they would just be sent back to where they came from.
wyrdgirluk
Tazlure Supporter

Post by wyrdgirluk »

Scatha started to angirly ask how Hex would have felt if people had suggested she become a slave when she reached Dort, then bit her tongue before too many words tumbled out. It had obviously taken a great deal of effort for Hex to apologise in front of everyone, and besides she knew just how easy it was to say the wrong thing when things weren't at their best. Even so, she wasn't going to forgive and forget. "Fair enough," she said shortly, and turned her attention back to the two brothers and Brynhild. "Those feathers are lovely," she remarked, trying obviously to change the subject. "You said you had to earn them... what do you to do to get one?"
Last edited by wyrdgirluk on Wed May 12, 2004 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brynhild da`Waelkyrige

Brynhild again flushed crimson in response to Scatha's question and her eyes flew to her fellow clan members for support. "Well," she began, one hand reaching up to twiddle with one of the small braids that cascaded from her temples, "it's basically a coming-of-age ceremony. You present a sacrifice to the Ice Goddess, and if she approves of you and your offering, she gives you the feather." She hoped that she wasn't revealing too much, as the only people who knew about Vladimar were other Trothgardians. "The feather means that you are a full-fledged member of your clan," she continued, breathing a little more easily now that she had entered a zone of more common knowledge. "If it's on the left side, it means that the person is unmarried and available, if it's on the right, it means that the person is married."

She sighed, hoping that she had satisfied Scatha's curiousity. Now it was time for a little of her own questioning. "You say you were washed ashore after a shipwreck -- could you tell me," then her eyes took in her fellow clansmen and the others of the Bergliin clan, who had probably heard the tale from Hex's mouth, " or should I say us, about it? We're always game for a good story around here."

Return to “Trothgard Archive”